Looking for players in Germany

pakoitopakoito Joined: Posts: 28
I recently moved in to Cologne (Köln), away from my Street Fighter machine and I want to find some German group that would accept me in whatever meetings they do. My only problem is that I don't really speak German, reason why general socializing is becoming a pain.

Danke vielmals :)

Comments

• OCV28OCV28 Joined: Posts: 5
    I just got back from Afghanistan, stationed in Schweinfurt, Germany, and I'm also looking for players....and I also don't speak German. Soul Calibur V is what I was specifically looking to play, but I'll play Street Fighter as well. Also, nice avatar, can't go wrong with good ol Nick.
  • DJRedrumofEPGDJRedrumofEPG Violent Sumo Joined: Posts: 1,567
    There's a small group of us that plays in Kaiserslautern and we get together pretty well. We're actually trying to grow our scene. I know it's quite a drive, but maybe you can come hang with us for a bit?
    Now you have learned the meaning of SUMO! DOSUKOI!! PSN id: KoreyKore USF4: Honda
    I'd probably be up for that once my stick comes in the mail from Afghanistan. I'd be getting on the train, since I don't drive out here.
  • pakoitopakoito Joined: Posts: 28
    It is a pity, I don't think I can afford to take that train on a weekly basis :( I am just making an internship here so I don't have car or budget.
  • Great_Dark_HeroGreat_Dark_Hero Mai Goddess Strikes Back Joined: Posts: 2,620
    There's a small group of us that plays in Kaiserslautern and we get together pretty well. We're actually trying to grow our scene. I know it's quite a drive, but maybe you can come hang with us for a bit?
    8-) Nice! But, where exactly in Kaiserslautern...? I am in Wiesbaden right now! I'm really looking for a competitive scene around here, too!
    Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/GDHTP | Twitch Channel: great_dark_hero
    PSN for KOFXIV = GDHAsia
    PSN for any other game = Dark_Ice_Saiko
    KOFXIV:
    Shun / Luong / Mai [Geese, Leona, Beni, Mian, Kyo, King, Zarina, Terry]
    DOA5LR:
    Nyotengu / Mai[Kasumi, Ayane, Kokoro]
    Tekken 7: ???
    BBCF: Hakumen[Azaerl, Nine, Izayoi, Valkenhayn]
    GGXrd R2: ???
    SFV : ???
    KOFXIV FAQS, wiki-updates, and mini-guides coming soon for Dream Cancel

I work on Ramstein AFB and we usually get together every couple weeks or so. If you PM me I can send you my contact info and I'll keep you in the loop as to when we get together.
    Now you have learned the meaning of SUMO! DOSUKOI!! PSN id: KoreyKore USF4: Honda
  • FerroFerro Yesh! Yesh! Joined: Posts: 17
    Sup guys, we're always looking for more players in the K-town/Ramstein area. Hit us up.
    Xbox Live: NovemberFox116
  • Mega SpookyMega Spooky Joined: Posts: 2
    I just got to Spangdahlem, but I got friends up at RMS, so I'm there often-ish. When do you guys get together?
  • GuileMikeGuileMike Disco Disco! Joined: Posts: 1,111
    Sup guys, we're always looking for more players in the K-town/Ramstein area. Hit us up.

I move to Landstuhl which is basically K-Town in Mid June. What do you guys usually play? The only games I am worth a day now adays is T6 and HDR.
  • Chef BorjanChef Borjan Joined: Posts: 807
    I recently moved in to Cologne (Köln), away from my Street Fighter machine and I want to find some German group that would accept me in whatever meetings they do. My only problem is that I don't really speak German, reason why general socializing is becoming a pain.

Danke vielmals :)

So did the OP ever find anything in Köln? I'm in the exact same situation, moved here about a week ago.
  • Dungbeetle64Dungbeetle64 Joined: Posts: 7
    I work on Ramstein AB as well and am looking for people to play Ultimate Marvel vs capcom 3 with. anyone know where i can find some?
    I move to Landstuhl which is basically K-Town in Mid June. What do you guys usually play? The only games I am worth a day now adays is T6 and HDR.

Hey Guile Mike, we usually ONLY play Marvel. But I'm down for some older games. I play ST 3S a bit, but my favorite game is Vampire Savior (ugh <3). We had a Marvel Party for EVO this past weekend. But if you wanna chill, just PM either myself or Ferro and we can give you all the details of when and where we get together! :)

Same goes for anyone else who posts in this thread. Just PM myself or Ferro and we'll respond ASAP.
  • Mike RobertsonMike Robertson Joined: Posts: 940
    I just got back from Afghanistan, stationed in Schweinfurt, Germany, and I'm also looking for players....and I also don't speak German. Soul Calibur V is what I was specifically looking to play, but I'll play Street Fighter as well. Also, nice avatar, can't go wrong with good ol Nick.

Hey, I am moving to Schweinfurt in October!!! Are you still going to be there?!?! I just play SF4 but would be willing to learn SCV. I am gonna be bringing my 360 and fightstick.

I will be doing lots of travelling as well so hopefully I can meet up with some others or we can at least play on Xbox Live!
    STEAM: OG_Rawbertson (CFN: OG_Rawbertson)
    PSN: OG_Rawbertson (CFN: Rawbertson)
    Honda / Necalli
    I will have my arcade stick in Sept. The games I am good at are T6, ST, Cvs2 and Mvc2.
  • StridaJinStridaJin Haters gonna hate.... Joined: Posts: 338 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I just moved from Wiesbaden to Baumholder (Such a downgrade) I know there are Tekken players in frankfurt area but I was wondering if anybody plays around K-town/Ramstein area. I also play a little marvel and trying to get more into KOFXIII hit me up cause Ktwon/Ramnstein is only 30min drive for me.
    no one playing SF4 ? lol
    Honda / Necalli
  • StridaJinStridaJin Haters gonna hate.... Joined: Posts: 338 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I started playing it again a lil lately. I'm gonna get P4A and once TTT2 comes out thats all i'll probably be playing.
  • NewfieNewfie Joined: Posts: 6
    Hey guys. I am in the Mannheim/Heidelberg region for the next month with a language exchange program and would love to meet up and play with some people. I am a big SSF4 fan and would also really like to check out P4A. If anyone is in the region hit me up with a PM and we can exchange info. I can also speak a bit of German and would think it would be cool to improve my vocab with some gaming terms and such.
    you are from canada too? I'll be there in October... I am living about 3 hours away from you though, I drove to Mannheim from Schweinfurt last month it took a decent amount of time but my girlfriend used to live in Mannheim so she lieks to visit there a lot so if we end up taking a trip down we'll have to meet up. We should definitely do endless online though,I am 2600pp 6100BP Ehonda. I am pretty bad at German I am just starting to learn now. What's the internet like in Germany? I am hoping to find a good connection in my city so I can stream.
    Honda / Necalli
    I will have my arcade stick in Sept. The games I am good at are T6, ST, Cvs2 and Mvc2.
    you dont play sf 4 at all ?
    Honda / Necalli
  • NewfieNewfie Joined: Posts: 6
    you are from canada too? I'll be there in October... I am living about 3 hours away from you though, I drove to Mannheim from Schweinfurt last month it took a decent amount of time but my girlfriend used to live in Mannheim so she lieks to visit there a lot so if we end up taking a trip down we'll have to meet up. We should definitely do endless online though,I am 2600pp 6100BP Ehonda. I am pretty bad at German I am just starting to learn now. What's the internet like in Germany? I am hoping to find a good connection in my city so I can stream.

Internet is great here in Germany. I am in a student dorm getting 20/20 and from my friends who are living in apartments in Heidelberg, 20/20 seems to be the regular rate. Sadly though I am leaving at the end of August so we probably won't get to play, but enjoy it here.
  • CarpathiaCarpathia Joined: Posts: 1
    I'm also looking for people to play with. Located in south Germany, in the Konstanz area, if anyone there is up for some games.
    Also if someone is up for online play I have SF4AE for PC and Blazblue CS, KOF XIII for PS3, though mostly a noob here.
  • subarashiisubarashii Bācha Faitā Joined: Posts: 1
    Sup guys,
    I am in charge of HardEdge.org (Our German FGC). Everyone who's interested in offline meetings should visit our forums. Please leave a post in our international section http://forum.hardedge.org/organisation-and-information/board13-international-forum/ with a little info on your location and games. You can message me here as well. Cya
    Y
    You still in Schweinfurt? I've been here for a few weeks now. Let me know if you are down to play some Street Fighter, I can play SCV a little bit, my brother taught me the basics.
    Honda / Necalli
    Sup guys,
    I am in charge of HardEdge.org (Our German FGC). Everyone who's interested in offline meetings should visit our forums. Please leave a post in our international section http://forum.hardedge.org/organisation-and-information/board13-international-forum/ with a little info on your location and games. You can message me here as well. Cya
    I have been posting on there for a bit; doesn't seem like anyone is living in my area though :( But I will attend the tournament in Frankfurt in November!!!
    Honda / Necalli
    Y

You still in Schweinfurt? I've been here for a few weeks now. Let me know if you are down to play some Street Fighter, I can play SCV a little bit, my brother taught me the basics.
    No, I'm not there anymore. I PCS'd back to the States in July
    I just moved from Wiesbaden to Baumholder (Such a downgrade) I know there are Tekken players in frankfurt area but I was wondering if anybody plays around K-town/Ramstein area. I also play a little marvel and trying to get more into KOFXIII hit me up cause Ktwon/Ramnstein is only 30min drive for me.

I have TTT2 and two sticks if ya wana play. I live in Lanstuhl, next to Ramstein. Message me if ya wana play. I will be in country until the 28th.
  • ZakathZakath Joined: Posts: 1
    Anyone still in that area? I live in Mannheim but Kaiserslautern might also be in range. Let me know if there's anybody still here. I usually just play SF or SFxT but would be up to something else as well.
  • The-OlympianThe-Olympian 4 the Glory of Gaea Joined: Posts: 2,134
    Hey I am in Frankfurt, where can I play offline ssf4 casuals??
    What of the Hunting, Hunter Bold? Brother, the Watch was Long and Cold.
    What of the Quarry ye went to Kill? Brother, He Crops in the Jungle Still.
  • VERLAINEVERLAINE Joined: Posts: 17
    A friend and I recently got here within a month of each other over here in Italy. My best FG tech is in UMVC3 and I'm currently learning SSF4AE from my friend. We're both pretty much up to playing any fighting game.
  • RitzDRitzD Joined: Posts: 1
    I've been here (Ramstein area) a little while, but just recently got the urge to get back into fighting games(mainly sf4 and SFxT but am willing to play any). PM me if anyone has any information on any groups that get together regularly.
  • ArkainTonyGArkainTonyG Joined: Posts: 3
    I just got here. So if anyone wants to hit up some Marvel, let me know.
  • Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 5,149
    When I was in Germany in 1995 timeframe, I went to this place called Las Vegas in Munich. It was an arcade that had arcade games and some German style slots. The comp back then was ST, MKII and MK3 with a little KI action...
  • JintsurikiJintsuriki Joined: Posts: 2
    Looking for an FGC nearby as well, I'm in Kaiserslautern. I play just about every fighting game there is competently. Hit me up, I'm itching for competition.
  • ArtVandelayArtVandelay Architect Joined: Posts: 4,312
    edited July 2013
    Looking for players in the ruhrgebiet to scrim with online and offline.
    No idea if a fgc actually exists in Germany that plays SSF4.

About me:
    I'm a fucking horrible pad player playing on pc in the 1500-2000 pp range.
    I'm trying to get better with mister Masters.
    CFN: NaughtySenpai
  • machomanmomachomanmo Joined: Posts: 56
    NRW area is constantly looking for new faces. We meet up pretty regularly in different places. If you want to join just hit me up
  • ISIMORNISIMORN CLAW Joined: Posts: 74
    edited August 2013
    I've set a mark on the SF2 world map about your location with a link to this webpage, mentioning that you are a very diversified community :)

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/u/0/edit?mid=zAQF8dxLT95w.ks1WUA8kmehw

Have fun ! For your information, there is the NTSC Fighting Game Community in Nancy, France, they play ST / 3S / 4AE / TEKKEN / Karnov's... and they have 4 big events per year, they even may change their schedule to become a community with monthly events.
  • skatebkpskatebkp Joined: Posts: 8
    English player looking for sparring partners in Munich:

I have created a meetup, check it out:

http://www.meetup.com/Munich-Fighting-Games-Meet-up/
  • nozarexnozarex . Joined: Posts: 111
    There's a big tournament coming up in Vienna. Some of you might be interested:

fb-event: VanDammage|6.1 - Wake Of Death
    srk-event: VanDammage|6.1 - Wake Of Death

It's basically the Season-Opener for our Monthly Ranking-Battles, but we threat the opener always like a Big-Tournament where foreign players join us and so on.
    You guys can find all the Information you need in the Links above, like schedule, stream-link etc.
    edited December 2013
    Germany is about to open its first Fighting Game Dojo in Solingen NRW (North Rhein Westfalia Area)

If you would like to visit us or even be part of it write a PM or post here:

News and Updates are being posted on the german hardedge Forum. Feel free to write there in english as well:

http://forum.hardedge.org/organisation-and-information/board7-meetings-matches/14909-insert-game-aka-nrw-dojo-und-ranbat
  • FHD_NMXFHD_NMX Shadowloo Joined: Posts: 28
    Hi guys

I moved from U.A.E to Germany/Munich recently, i m staying here in Műnchen landwehr street 52, so i m wondering if there is any Street fighter Community or any gatherings locally around Munich, i hate playing online but if I had no choice then I will play it for fun :)
    anyways, i will be more than glad to play with local top players or casual players

I play other games casually as well , like SFXT , SF2T , Soul Caliber v and kof 13 ;)

I play on xbox360 and My GT is Shadowloo JFH add me please

• CptZachSparrowCptZachSparrow Joined: Posts: 1
    Is anyone from that Kaiserslautern group still around? I started forming my own in squadron with a few friends, but I think we'd all benefit from finding a bigger group to play with.
    edited May 2014
    As I mentioned before: We have rented an appartment for fighting game weeklies in Solingen very near to Duesseldorf.
    The Insert Game dojo is opened from friday at 5 pm till after midnight and one sunday a month is Ranking Battles starting early at about 10 am till 10 pm.
    We play all kinds of fighting games, I did a little walkthrough video so that you get the idea:
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=XERahapSYF4
    edited July 2014
    we gonna have a big evo party starting from saturday till monday.
    Come visit us and join the fun!
    Check out insertgame.de it's gonna be mad hype!
  • OGSFOGSF Joined: Posts: 713
    Is that one arcade in Munich still there?
    "The few prosper, while the rest suffer." - OGSF
    I would once again like to remind everyone in the North Rhein Westfalia Area to check out our Dojo in Solingen.
    We've been running our weeklies for more than one year now and it has been a huge success so far.
    New Faces show up regularly doesnt matter how good you are, you will always find someone to play with.
    We play USF4, GG XRD, BB, KOF13 and pretty much any other oldschool fighting games you can think of.
    So if you are around our area, definitely make sure to stop by.
    We even run multi-day events from time to time with players from all around germany.
    If you love fighting games like we do there is no reason not to come.
  • ArtVandelayArtVandelay Architect Joined: Posts: 4,312
    @machomanmo

You don't happen to have some dedicated 3S players?
    I'm trying to learn the game and I suck hard at it, so I'm looking for people to destroy me and give me some constructive criticism afterwards.
    CFN: NaughtySenpai
    edited January 2015
    No unfortunately the top 3rd strike players in that area do not play anymore. Some of us play zörd as a subgame though. I like the game very much and would dfinitely play with you all night long. At our latest tournament we also played it and it will also be a tournament game for the ongoint season.
    We even have it on an original cps3 in a sega blast cab, trust me: it is so beautiful.
    Is the Las Vegas arcade stil in Munich?
    Jion_Wansu wrote: »
    Is the Las Vegas arcade stil in Munich?