Street Fighter x Tekken Guide mobile app - iOS and Android

purbeastpurbeast Joined: Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭
EDIT - 03/29/2012

So I just uploaded the update to the Android market with frame and move data. So it should be live as soon as it propogates. Look for the update on Android, not sure how it notifies you of updates since I don't have an Android phone.

The iOS version is also finished and is waiting for review, so look in the app store in about a week for the update.

If you find bugs, please let me know in this thread, it's hard for me to test out all bugs myself and I miss stuff too, cause I'm only human!

EDIT - 03/28/2012

So the iOS version just went live finally, after some issues getting it approved. Sorry it took so long.

Additionally, I'm about 1/2 done with the Frame Data being ready to put into the application. I should finish it either tonight or tomorrow.

It will go live on Android instantly, and it will once again have to go through the review process and take probably a week to go live.

Additionally, if you know of any bugs please post them here so I can fix them. I already know of a couple myself.

ORIGINAL POST

As some of you may know I've been making "guide" apps for both iOS and Android since SSF4 days. The mods have told me it's okay to make these threads prior, so mods, if you don't like this this time around, please let me know or just lock the thread.

Well tonight I finished porting my SFxT mobile app over to Android after finishing the iOS one last night.

As with my other apps, this one is also $.99.

Right now, for all 43 characters, it basically is a moves list of all the special moves, as well as combos, which are currently the combos from Trial mode for all 43 characters. There is also a section you can keep notes, on a character by character basis, that is just free text that saves.

As with my other apps, I am going to be adding both Frame Data and Move Data in my next update, as well as adding in more combos once the game has evolved more and the combos have been explored and found out by everyone. I'm going on vacation this Saturday for a week to Aruba and I wanted to get this up before I left, so I didn't have time to add the Frame and Move data. However, as with my other Capcom game apps, I will be adding it in the not too distant future. For now there is a place holder icon for both of those in the app, telling you they will be available in v1.1

Additionally, it is currently in review for iOS and I submitted it yesterday, so it SHOULD be approved within a week or so. Sometimes it is shorter, there really is no telling. However the Android app is already on the market. Below are the respected links to the items in their stores:

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.AndrewStanton.SFxTGuide
iOS: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sfxt-moves-frame-data-guide/id510559792?ls=1&mt=8

If you find any bugs, please post them in here. I am only human and it's just me working on the development portion, so I could have missed some stuff. Shout outs to Aval0n for making the custom user created graphics that are 100% user made with no official artwork being used at all.

If you enjoy it please give me a good rating to help me out! All of my other apps are at 4.5 stars right now so I'd like to try and keep them pretty high rated. Below are some screen shots from both versions. Enjoy!

UVq4B.jpg

yyvmb.png

YSpPi.png

q4pKA.png

lwDuW.png
·

Comments

• USfUSf Joined: Posts: 203
    You sir are a god. As soon as this comes out on iTunes I'll be buying and rating it. Thank you.
    SSFIV: Chun Li, Ibuki.
    BlazBlue: Rachel, Noel.
    MvC 3: Wesker/Ammy/Chun.
    SFxT: Nina/Chun-Ibuki-King?.
    ·
  • Aval0nAval0n Joined: Posts: 35
    You sir are a god. As soon as this comes out on iTunes I'll be buying and rating it. Thank you.

USf, Please... lol his head is big enough already :)
    ·
  • Lou-Matthew San JoseLou-Matthew San Jose Yadidi Yeezy! Joined: Posts: 12
    nooiceeeeeee!
    XBL: chublub
    ·
  • USfUSf Joined: Posts: 203

Hahaha. :D
    SSFIV: Chun Li, Ibuki.
    BlazBlue: Rachel, Noel.
    MvC 3: Wesker/Ammy/Chun.
    SFxT: Nina/Chun-Ibuki-King?.
    ·
  • TheBirdLivesTheBirdLives Still not dead Joined: Posts: 578
    Good work. Will it be available on iPhone in Europe? Dunno how these things work really. I assume it's worldwide but if I can get it in the UK I will buy asap.
    Bison 4 lyfe
    ·
  • purbeastpurbeast Joined: Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭
    I've updated the OP with the link to the Android version.

And yes this is sold world wide.

And Aval0n don't hate ... appreciate!
    ·
  • TheDarkPhoenixTheDarkPhoenix BEHOLD! Joined: Posts: 12,237 mod
    frame data?
    "this game is about winning, If you had the option of a 1) Big dick or 2) a small dick, would you choose 2 because it took more skill? Thought not"
    -Bokkin
    ·
    what about it?
    Just wondering if this has any?
    "this game is about winning, If you had the option of a 1) Big dick or 2) a small dick, would you choose 2 because it took more skill? Thought not"
    -Bokkin
    ·
    Just wondering if this has any?
    you should try reading sometime. that question has already been answered in this thread.
    ·
  • mrmarkrobsonmrmarkrobson tk421 do you copy? Joined: Posts: 84
    Is there a reason you don't use the character select screen with a zoom function to select characters? its more immediate, familiar and less to sort through when looking for a character—if anything i assume its legal issues that prevent this design choice

thanks for doing this and keeping this tool affordable
    TK421 why aren't you at your post? TK421 do you copy?!
    ·
  • schischschisch Joined: Posts: 50
    wtf is this shit, cant buy it because need google checkout credit card WTF
    ·
    you should try reading sometime. that question has already been answered in this thread.
    sweet i'll make sure not to purchase and spread the word!

Thank you kind sir!
    -Bokkin
    ·
  • Jb_dkJb_dk Joined: Posts: 4
    Any chance of a Windows phone release?
    ·
    sweet i'll make sure not to purchase and spread the word!

Thank you kind sir!
    sure, no problem.
    Any chance of a Windows phone release?
    probably not unfortunately.
    ·
  • double Fdouble F Joined: Posts: 653

i know right? he's mentioned his trip to Aruba like 5 times already.

but i guess it's kinda convenient to have the command list on your phone instead of pausing the game. i just wish someone, anyone, would find out the juggle potentials for all the moves in the game. the Brady guide fell short with that. they give the frame data, but even that wasn't 100% correct.

i also want a James Chen Random Pun Generator app
    ·
    i know right? he's mentioned his trip to Aruba like 5 times already.

but i guess it's kinda convenient to have the command list on your phone instead of pausing the game. i just wish someone, anyone, would find out the juggle potentials for all the moves in the game. the Brady guide fell short with that. they give the frame data, but even that wasn't 100% correct.

i also want a James Chen Random Pun Generator app
    haha, i'm hype for my trip AIGHT? LET ME HAVE MY FUN!!

i personally actually haven't really tried to get into this game yet because i don't hvae quick access to the moves list for some of the tekken characters i want to learn, so this will help.

and additionally, i will put frame data in this app 100% guaranteed. i plan to start it the week i get back.

and definitely going to be adding more combos as well, once more have been explored by people. some of those should definitely include juggle combos too. i have the combo framework set where it's very easy for me to add new ones to the list.
    ·
  • WastedWasted Verbal Diarrhetic Joined: Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should have been released AFTER you include the frame data. Right now this app serves me no real use.

Looking forward to the update.
    SF4: Retired/Quit

I have nobody to play with, so I typically talk out of my ass.
    ·
  • SoloerSoloer Joined: Posts: 4
    I bought ur street fighter app and u never bothered to update it when the game changed, ended up wasting my money. So u can take this app and shove it. I'll just stick with eventhubs or https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0ApPlWhz-bEuHdDM2blEydzhDY1BJOC1Qdm9mZ09yRlE&f=true&noheader=false&gid=76
    ·
  • xCobaltxCobalt Joined: Posts: 81
    I purchased your sf4 app as well and the lack of updates really make me weary of considering this guide.
    ·
    fair enough, but i never promised any updates to 2012 on that app. but to each their own.
    ·
    Should have been released AFTER you include the frame data. Right now this app serves me no real use.

Looking forward to the update.
    I'm sure it has some use for some people for a couple weeks until the update is in there. hell i know i haven't actually tried using training mode and learning any people because i didn't have quick access to their moves and combos, but now i do so it helps :)
    ·
  • JBGoldenJBGolden Joined: Posts: 246
    I suppose the question I should ask, then, is will it be updated with the new characters after they're released?
    ·
  • farplanerfarplaner Joined: Posts: 635
    Can we get a Universal app for iOS? With some of the Tekken characters having insanely large move sets it would be nice...
    ·
    I suppose the question I should ask, then, is will it be updated with the new characters after they're released?
    yes, definitely, as long as it is an add on to this game and not like a whole new edition.

but as far as the 12 DLC that are already on the disc, once they are released I'll definitely add em in.
    Can we get a Universal app for iOS? With some of the Tekken characters having insanely large move sets it would be nice...
    it is only going to scale 2x currently. making it universal requires quite a bit more work and even different res graphics (I believe), and at the current time i just do not have time to do that, sorry :(

EDIT:

after a quick google search, it actually doesn't look like quite as much work as I initially thought, to convert an iPhone app to a universal one. i will look into this when i do the frame data update, to see if it's as straight forward as it seems. no guarantees it will make it in there though.
    ·
  • Zeit KupplerZeit Kuppler Joined: Posts: 117
    Well this is awkward...
    I was about to develop an app very similar to this. Its a bit different though so no worries
    ·
  • sheerasheera Joined: Posts: 49
    Android Market/Google play says it's not compatible with my Samsung Galaxy mini. Is that true?
    ·
  • narsnars Your local Gunta Hunta. Joined: Posts: 288
    Bought it. Got a refund after 5 minutes.

It looked bland and I already found some errors with tekken characters. Li*cough*.

I also continued to read everyone else's comments on how you failed to update the SSF4 app.
    The app didn't seem up to par graphically, and had the option for frame data without anything being inputted. I understand you plan on updating your app, but you shouldn't have even put in a slot for it if you weren't going to utilize it.
    If I'm going to spend another dollar on an app for a videogame, it better have information I wouldn't find anywhere else. It isn't appealing to see copypasta of trials as your list of combos.

Sigh. I'm glad I noticed all of that in time to get my dollar back. Ill spend it on some sour straws or something.

Not putting you down OP. You're probably a great person. Your app unfortunately only proves to be useless and lackluster.
    ·
  • Tosh1977Tosh1977 Joined: Posts: 34

Hmmm and he sounds really customer focused too. If you really want people to buy your apps maybe at least try to come across as less rude.

Move names are not good for some people, particularly those unfamiliar with Tekken characters so id prefer to see the actual inputs rather than the move name in the listings and in the combo section.

Moonsalt Press and Meat squasher moves are missing under Hugo's section.

Section on best combos to use after the character is 'tagged in' would be nice as would more recent combo technology.

Good luck with this though. Its on my phone and ill stick with it.
    ·
  • VernonVernon Destroy what destroys you. Joined: Posts: 86
    Wanna buy once it'll be released on app store. But frame data is strictly needed.

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?jg45x3
    Sent from iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    ·
  • DDRDDR Joined: Posts: 1
    It will be a good start to complete your previous guide for MvC 3 and SF.
    i don t want to buy a guide which will be useless 2 month later.
    ·
    So the iOS version just went live finally, after some issues getting it approved. Sorry it took so long.

Additionally, I'm about 1/2 done with the Frame Data being ready to put into the application. I should finish it either tonight or tomorrow.

It will go live on Android instantly, and it will once again have to go through the review process and take probably a week to go live.

Additionally, if you know of any bugs please post them here so I can fix them. I already know of a couple myself.
    ·
  • EphEph Registered Abuser Joined: Posts: 203
    I'll wait until there's frame data and a GUI that wasn't designed like crap, until I buy this app.
    Tha's was'up.
    ·
  • poochythedogpoochythedog Joined: Posts: 187
    Bought it. It's fantastic, thanks!
    ·
    So for iOS users, just an update. The Frame and Move data update has now been uploaded and is currently in the review process - should take about a week to get passed (as usual).

For the Android users, I will be adding it tomorrow night and it should go live pretty much instantly after I submit it. I'll post in here once it is uploaded. Gonna get some sleep now.
    ·
  • ernesternest Joined: Posts: 55
    Hey was wondering if it would be possible in the notes section to have selectable icons for the "st,cr, lp,mp etc etc"
    So we can add in our own combos that you not have. Or can put our bnbs in there so we don't have to scroll as much.
    Also in Ibukis special section you have her super from sf4 as an addon to her tsujigoe. And the follow up to tsumuji can be just a kick for a high hit or down kick for the knockdown

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?owb25n
    ·
  • SoulzityrSoulzityr Joined: Posts: 54
    I
    [SIZE=12px] will[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=12px] buy[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=12px] to[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=12px] support[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=12px] :)[/SIZE]
    ·
  • FavaroFavaro Joined: Posts: 101
    Very cool! Bought it
    "they were right, the SRK forums are full of trolls and stream monsters"
    ·
    Hey was wondering if it would be possible in the notes section to have selectable icons for the "st,cr, lp,mp etc etc"
    So we can add in our own combos that you not have. Or can put our bnbs in there so we don't have to scroll as much.
    Also in Ibukis special section you have her super from sf4 as an addon to her tsujigoe. And the follow up to tsumuji can be just a kick for a high hit or down kick for the knockdown

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?owb25n
    Back when I made the MVC3 app I was thinking about a combo creator, however I never got around to it. I already have an idea for it conceptually I just haven't laid it out though. And while it is a great idea, I just don't know if I will ever have the time to do it.

As far as the ibuki errors thanks. I'm going to put out a maintenance fix at some point in the near future as well, addressing the errors that I know of with moves and stuff.
    ·
  • ernesternest Joined: Posts: 55
    Oh man a combo creator would e awesome. So many times I've been at work and though things up I wanna try, or hear about things or see them in random forums.
    The creator would be much more convenient then remembering or hunting the right page of whichever forum.
    But the notes section works if you use the text version of combos you'd like to use which is cool.
    Any chance of adding which moves are cancel able or jump cancel able?
    ·
    Oh man a combo creator would e awesome. So many times I've been at work and though things up I wanna try, or hear about things or see them in random forums.
    The creator would be much more convenient then remembering or hunting the right page of whichever forum.
    But the notes section works if you use the text version of combos you'd like to use which is cool.
    Any chance of adding which moves are cancel able or jump cancel able?
    yup, the update that is already submitted for iOS has all of that in it along with the frame data.

i should have the android one done at some point tonight, which will go live instantly once i submit it.
    ·
    So I just uploaded the update to the Android market with frame and move data. So it should be live as soon as it propogates. Look for the update on Android, not sure how it notifies you of updates since I don't have an Android phone.

The iOS version is also finished and is waiting for review, so look in the app store in about a week for the update.

If you find bugs, please let me know in this thread, it's hard for me to test out all bugs myself and I miss stuff too, cause I'm only human!
    ·
  • cris25cris25 Joined: Posts: 271
    yup, the update that is already submitted for iOS has all of that in it along with the frame data.

i should have the android one done at some point tonight, which will go live instantly once i submit it.
    One more vote for the combo icon inputs! :)
    Which software did you use to create it, Xcode? I'd like to help out with a few features. Just to be clear, I dont want to share any profit or credit, it would be just for the sake of helping out with further functionalities.

On a side note, is a ssfiv 2012 update out of the question for its guide?
    ·
    One more vote for the combo icon inputs! :)
    Which software did you use to create it, Xcode? I'd like to help out with a few features. Just to be clear, I dont want to share any profit or credit, it would be just for the sake of helping out with further functionalities.

On a side note, is a ssfiv 2012 update out of the question for its guide?
    yea XCode is used for the iOS one, and I use Netbeans for Android.

And no an AE update is not out of the question, I just seriously do not know exactly what all was changed, so I don't know what to change.

Pretty much ditto for UMVC3, other than the new characters being added. I don't play UMVC3 at all, but I play AE (well havent since sfxt came out) but I still don't know exactly what was changed in it. I main rog and have always, so I know he was buffed a bit but that was about it. Don't know the exact details.
    ·
    For 2012, I can help you listing the changes if you want.

As for SFxT, can I help out coding something? Or maybe just give you some ideas, I just dont know if you'll have the time to implement them.
    ·
    For 2012, I can help you listing the changes if you want.

As for SFxT, can I help out coding something? Or maybe just give you some ideas, I just dont know if you'll have the time to implement them.
    Sure send me a PM and we can discuss stuff as far as SFxT goes.

What type of changes are for AE 2012, it's just like move properties and frames and stuff right?

Is there just 1 master list somewhere of the changes made?
    ·
    Sure send me a PM and we can discuss stuff as far as SFxT goes.

What type of changes are for AE 2012, it's just like move properties and frames and stuff right?

Is there just 1 master list somewhere of the changes made?
    I don't know if that's the right channel to do it, but I sent a conversation message to you.
    Let me know if I posted it wrong.
    ·
  • Jae The OneJae The One NoctisLuna Joined: Posts: 1,338
    I've noticed on android version that close normal frame data is not listed for every character and some special moves are listed before frames for normals.
    twitch.tv/noctisluna
    ·
  • sm0ke52sm0ke52 Joined: Posts: 89
    Some moves are not listed with names and are instead replaced with a -. For instance Julia has her complete frame data but the names of the moves are absent making it difficult to figure out what moves are what. Don't know if its the same for any other characters. Other than that its perfect.
    ·
    Purbeast, I'm buyind the app, I just want to know if the frame data update is up.

Also, did you include the moves properties such as projectile invincibility and wich ones hit overhead or low?
    ·