School of K'un-Lun - The Iron Fist Combo Thread

GomuGomuGomuGomu Strider SucksJoined: Posts: 9,558
fghjkl.png

Welcome to the Iron Fist combo thread. I'd like this thread to have information that updates regularly to keep everyone in the loop, and so that essential combos and tricks/tech do not get buried within the pages of the thread. . Feel free to help out as I am only one guy, any missing info will be added eventually.

Iron Fist movelist and data

http://wiki.shoryuken.com/Ultimate_Marvel_vs_Capcom_3/Iron_Fist

Guidelines
Here are a few guidelines so you know what components are required for a solid Iron Fist combo, and additional information/media that I'd like you to provide if you can:

1) Solo combos only.
2) Do not start any combo with Chi already activated.
3) Combo openers are st.:m:, cr.:h:, Dragon's Tail, Crescent Heel, or Iron Rage.
4) Hypers must be fully mashed.
5) If you can, please provide a decent quality video that clearly displays the damage, and only contains the combo you are posting.

About Chi
For all combos I will also include the damage of the combo had it been performed with Red Chi already active. These will be in brackets beside the original damage.

Assists
Even though this is mainly solo stuff, I feel the need to include the assists that save the ground bounce on Crescent Heel and allow you to continue the combo after, since it's pretty important in extending Iron Fist's combos.
Spencer: Slant Shot
Hawkeye: Greyhound
Frank West: Shopping Cart
Rocket Raccoon: Spitfire Twice
Arthur: Dagger Toss (Gold Armour Version): Normal version can work too but in long combos it will drop.
Akuma: Tatsumaki Zankyukaku
Dante: Jam Session
Chris: Gunfire, Land Mine
Chun-Li: Lightning Legs
Ryu: Hadoken, Tatsumaki Senpukyaku

Tricks

Thanks to LukyBear

Basically as soon as your feet hit the floor, hit your two/three button dash while near simltaneously inputting Crescent Heel.
PSN: xXGomuGomuXx

Comments

• GomuGomuGomuGomu Strider Sucks Joined: Posts: 9,558
    edited April 2013
    Combos

1 Bar

832,300 (893,000)
    s.:m:, s.:h:, :f:+:h:, :qcf::l:, :qcf::m:, :dp::l:, s.:h:, cr.:h:, :f:+:h:, j.:h:, j.:s:, s.:m:, s.:h:, :b:+:h:, :qcb::h:, :qcf::h:, :dp::l:, :qcb::m:, :qcb::h:, :qcb::s:, :b:~:b:+:h:, :qcb::l:, :qcf::h:, :qcf::s:, :dp::atk::atk:

s.:m:, s.:h:, :f:+:h:, :qcf::l:, :qcf::m:, :dp::l:, s.:h:, cr.:h:, :f:+:h:, j.:h:, j.:s:, cr.:m:, s.:h:, cr.:h:, :f:+:h:, :qcf::h:, :qcb::h:, :qcb::s:, :b:~:b:+:h:, cr.:h:, :qcb::l:, :qcf::h:, :dp::l:, :qcb::m:, :qcf::h:, :qcf::s:, :dp::atk::atk:

2 Bars

s.:m:, s.:h:, :f:+:h:, :qcf::l:, :qcf::m:, :dp::l:, s.:h:, cr.:h:, :f:+:h:, j.:h:, j.:s:, s.:m:, s.:h:, :b:+:h:, :qcb::h:, :qcf::h:, :dp::l:, :qcb::m:, :qcf::l:, :qcb::h:, :qcf::atk::atk:, :b:, :qcb:l:, :qcf::l:, :dp::atk::atk:

3 Bars

1,070,400 (1,130,800)
    s.:m:, s.:h:, :f:+:h:, :qcf::l:, :qcf::m:, :dp::l:, :h:, cr.:h:, :f:+:h:, j.:h:, j.:s:, s.:m:, s.:h:, :b:+:h:, :qcf::l:, :qcb::h:, :qcb::s:, :b:~:b:+:h:, :qcb::l:, :qcf::h:, :qcf::s:, :qcb::m:, :dp::l:, :qcb::atk::atk:

4 bars

1,125,300 (1,185,700)
    s.:m:, s.:h:, :f:+:h:, :qcf::l:, :qcf::m:, :dp::l:, s.:h:, cr.:h:, :f:+:h:, j.:h:, j.:s:, s.:m:, s.:h:, :b:+:h:, :qcb::h:, :qcf::h:, :dp::l:, :qcb::m:, :qcb::l:, :qcb::h:, :qcf::atk::atk:, :qcb::l:, :qcb::atk::atk:

X-Factor Combos

X-Factor combo 1.

X-Factor Combo 2.

Throw Combos*

:f::h:, :atk::atk:~:qcb::m:, :qcb::h:, :qcb::s:, s.:m:, :b:+:h:, :qcb::h:, :qcf::h: xx :dp::l:~:atk::atk:

Corner
    Throw, :qcb::m:, :qcf::h:, :dp::uf::l:~:atk::atk:, s.:h:, cr.:h:, :f:+:h:, :qcf::l:, :qcb::h: xx :dp::l:~:atk::atk:

Throw combos are in need of updating.
    Post edited by GomuGomu on
  • Spartan_ThroneSpartan_Throne Iron Fist dabes Joined: Posts: 1,529
    This is my 2 bar BnB for IF when I choose to use it, utilising Dorm's Dark Hole assist for extension. It's kept simple early on because anything more complex means the after hyper extension won't work due to HSD. And it doesn't work on those who cr.:h:, :f:+:h: won't work on, like She Hulk, Iron Fist, Spider Man and anyone else that applies to:

st.:m:, st.:h:, :f:+:h:, :qcf:+:l: xx :qcf:+:m: xx :dp:+:l: > st.:h:, cr.:h:, :f:+:h: > Jump Cancel > j.:h:, j.:s:, st.:m:, st.:h:, :b:+:h: xx :qcf:+:m: xx :dp:+:l: > :qcb:+:m: xx qcf:+:h: xx :qcf:+:m: xx :qcf:+:atk::atk: > cr.:h: (+Call Dormammu Dark Hole assist), :f:+:h: > Dark Hole hits > :qcb:+:h: xx :dp:+:l:~:atk::atk:

-1,001,000 damage

Also I've got those more beneficial combos where IF hard tags out after the crumple if you feel they're worth including, as I could provide simple combos with Dorm and Wolverine after the tags using only IF's assist and the tagged character, for both inside of the corner and midscreen.

Also, with XF3 stocked:
    st.:m:, st.:h:, :b:+:h: > XF3 > st.:m:, st.:h:, :b:+:h: > st.:m:, st.:h:, :f:+:h:, :qcf:+:l: xx :qcf:+:m: xx :dp:+:l: etc. etc.

In XF3:
    st.:m:, st.:h:, :b:+:h: > st.:h:, :b:+:h: > st.:m:, st.:h:, :f:+:h:, :qcf:+:l: xx :qcf:+:m: xx :dp:+:l: etc. etc.
    UMVC3 - Mags/Dorm/Doom ~ Wolv/Dorm/[Fist/Akuma/Doom]
  • TazfelTazfel Joined: Posts: 1
    Hey gomu im having trouble with your 2bars combo, i cant seem to connect j.S to s.M any tips?
    Hey gomu im having trouble with your 2bars combo, i cant seem to connect j.S to s.M any tips?

Delay j.S as long as possible so that you can land and have more time to connect s.M. Once you get used to it, it becomes second nature.
  • CompositeComposite Joined: Posts: 19
    This is a combo I'm currently working on, probably already been done but I've only just picked up the character...
    s.M, s.H, f.H, 214L (Dragon Tail), 236L (Lotus Whip), 236M (Dragon's Touch), 623L (Red Chi), S, j.MHS, 214M (Crescent Heel), 214L (Dragon Tail), 236S (Wall of K'un-Lun) = 509k damage
    Sorry I cant give a video :S I'm about to see how much damage putting a super on the end adds, but til then it's meterless and assistless, and I think it works everywhere.
    (But I am proud that this is the first combo I made without looking at SRK for help about the character first :D)
    SFxT: Jin/Akuma
    Xbox Live gamertag: CompositeLegend
  • DeskLampTVDeskLampTV Joined: Posts: 890
    I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this, but I just realized most combos can end up in the corner even if your back is to the corner. You just need to jump over them and cross up when they are crumpled. Sorry if this is posted in the wrong thread or already posted somewhere else, but I just realized this and before I struggled to wave dash half the screen.
    All of his bnbs take you to the corner anyway, but yes, you can do that also. It may mess up some of the longer combos because of HSD though.
    yeah thats what I feared. I have used the same bnb that I learned a while ago when I was first starting IF. I think its one of yours from a vid you posted.
    Well the basic rule of IF combos is that as long as you get past the jump combo into the first hard knockdown, you don't have to worry about HSD because after that point you're just doing otgs into soft knockdown into hard knockdown into wallbounce into hard knockdown, etc. Experiment with hopping over the crumpled corpse though, it shouldn't mess up HSD.
    Yeah I got that combo to work fine when I jumped over the crumpled opponent. Its the one where you wave dash like a mad man to get to the other side, except I'm not to great at wave dashing on my new stick yet so I just jump over them when I need to instead. Its weird though, because I can tri-dash better than I could before but I'm having trouble wave dashing after the crumple.
    Oh, ok. You shouldn't need to wavedash in any combo thhough. His full combos always take you to the corner.
    that two bar combo that you posted up there takes them to the corner? Thats the one I use but I didn't know that it goes corner to corner. Thanks I guess I wont need to have to jump over any bodies.
    Yeah it does. If you start in the corner, you will have to dash > Crescent Heel to get the otg.
    Nice. thanks for the help GomuGomu
    Update:

- Added videos for the bnbs above, optimized 1 bar combo, and a new* 4 bar combo.
    - You can add a tiny bit more damage to your bnbs by using :h: instead of :m::h: after the jump loop. It can be finicky and hard to time especially in the corner where you can be crossed up while doing your combo. You're better off doing the standard combo for safety but the option is there.

*Probably not new but whatever.
  • NefariousJoeNefariousJoe Joined: Posts: 274
    Update:

- Added videos for the bnbs above, optimized 1 bar combo, and a new* 4 bar combo.
    - You can add a tiny bit more damage to your bnbs by using :h: instead of :m::h: after the jump loop. It can be finicky and hard to time especially in the corner where you can be crossed up while doing your combo. You're better off doing the standard combo for safety but the option is there.

*Probably not new but whatever.

Great stuff. the dragon's tail to lvl three is nice new tech. And that one bar definitely seems easier than the one I've been using. I do have a different 4 bar combo though. 1.2mil. I one touched a Hulk with it once. That was pretty awesome.

:m::h::qcf::l::qcf::m::dp::l::h::d::h::f::h:j:h:j:s::m::h::b::h::qcf::l::qcb::h::qcf::atk::atk::d::h::f::h::qcb::h::qcb::m::dp::l::qcb::atk::atk:

edit:
    Some other stuff:
    Chun's Lighting Legs, Hawkeye's Greyhound ("triple arrow!" assist) and Chris' landmine all not only preserve the groundbounce, but also allow you to do another after it's already been used up. I'm trying to come up with some nice throw combos using the landmine, but I only just figured it out today.
    Great stuff. the dragon's tail to lvl three is nice new tech. And that one bar definitely seems easier than the one I've been using. I do have a different 4 bar combo though. 1.2mil. I one touched a Hulk with it once. That was pretty awesome.

:m::h::qcf::l::qcf::m::dp::l::h::d::h::f::h:j:h:j:s::m::h::b::h::qcf::l::qcb::h::qcf::atk::atk::d::h::f::h::qcb::h::qcb::m::dp::l::qcb::atk::atk:

edit:
    Some other stuff:
    Chun's Lighting Legs, Hawkeye's Greyhound ("triple arrow!" assist) and Chris' landmine all not only preserve the groundbounce, but also allow you to do another after it's already been used up. I'm trying to come up with some nice throw combos using the landmine, but I only just figured it out today.

Nice! Gonna add that now. How much does that combo do with red Chi already activated?

Yeah I've been meaning to test more assists but I haven't got around to it. I have another video I'm going to put up to show how to preserve the ground bounce after a throw midscreen. Basically slide heel but with an assist.
    Nice! Gonna add that now. How much does that combo do with red Chi already activated?

Yeah I've been meaning to test more assists but I haven't got around to it. I have another video I'm going to put up to show how to preserve the ground bounce after a throw midscreen. Basically slide heel but with an assist.

Ooo, I never thought to check. It does 1.255. *Just* barely enough to kill anyone. I wonder if Thor does anything slow enough on the ground that you can activate chi then punish with an :m:

And slide heel, yeah that's a good name for it. Fucking hard as hell though.
    Alright quickly optimized the combo. Instead of Twin Snakes, use Surging Fist.

I'm finding easier to do the slide heel by myself nowadays, but with Akuma's assist it's pretty hard to get down.

Update:

- Arghh so close to breaking 1 mil for two bars. Just came up with a new 2 bar combo that gets 965,300. Will have a video up soon.
    - Have a few throw combos ready to post. Better than ones already up.
    Since we were talking about assist combos, I threw this together as a dry run for a larger project I'm working and I thought I'd share:

The combos aren't yet optimized, but they do show what you can do if you have assists that let Iron Fist OTG more than once.
  • DudleyvsVanessaDudleyvsVanessa Joined: Posts: 148
    Crazy combos, Nefarious Joe!! What do you do after a Rising Fang? Do you do Dual Palm, Dragon Tail, Surging Fist?
    Can you write the inputs for your combos??
  • gerikusogerikuso Joined: Posts: 37
    i dont know why you guys still settle for less than 1mil combos. paired with 1 bnb, 1 assist, 2 meters, everyone dies except maybe thor i guess.
    i dont know why you guys still settle for less than 1mil combos. paired with 1 bnb, 1 assist, 2 meters, everyone dies except maybe thor i guess.

I don't get what you mean, we're already getting 1 mil with an assist involved, that's not a problem.
    Update:

- Arghh so close to breaking 1 mil for two bars. Just came up with a new 2 bar combo that gets 965,300. Will have a video up soon.
    - Have a few throw combos ready to post. Better than ones already up.

That new 2 bar combo is wonderful. Thanks for keeping up the OPs so well, by the way.
    Crazy combos, Nefarious Joe!! What do you do after a Rising Fang? Do you do Dual Palm, Dragon Tail, Surging Fist?
    Can you write the inputs for your combos??

That's what I'm doing after a rising fang, yes. Just remember to dash back before the dual palm.

And the combos are mostly hacked up versions of the ones posted in the OPs, and not optimized (in fact, messing around tonight, I've already come up with better stuff), but sure:

Combo 1 (900k):
    :m::h::qcf::l::qcf::m::dp::l::h::d:+:h::f:+:h:(jumpxx)j:h:j:s:(land):m::h::b:+:h::qcf::l::qcb::h::qcb::s:(back dash):b:+:h::qcb::l::qcf::h::dp::l::a1:(lightning legs) :qcb::m::qcf::h::qcf::s::qcb::m::qcf::h::qcf::s::dp::atk::atk:

Combo 2 (1mil):
    :m::h::qcf::l::qcf::m::dp::l::h::d:+:h::f:+:h:(jumpxx)j:h:j:s:(land):m::h::b:+:h::qcf::l::qcf::h::dp::l::qcb::m::qcf::h::dp::l::a1:(lightning legs) :qcb::m::qcf::h::qcf::m::qcf::atk::atk::dp::atk::atk:

Combo 3 (850k):
    :qcb::m::qcf::h::dp::l::a2: (landmine):qcb::m::qcb::h::qcb::s: (backdash) :qcb::l::qcf::h::dp::l::a1: (lightning legs) :qcb::m::qcf::h::qcf::s::dp::atk::atk:

Combo 4 (1.25mil)
    :qcb::l::qcf::m::qcf::h::qcb::l::qcf::h::a2: (landmine) :qcb::m::qcb::h::qcb::s: (backdash) :b:+:h::qcb::l::qcf::h::dp::l::a1: (lightning legs) :qcb::m::qcf::h::qcf::m::qcf::atk::atk:: (dhc to Chris) :qcf::atk::atk: (jump back) :qcf::h: (dash) :b:+:h::qcb::m: (cancel on first hit) :dp::atk::atk:

Several reasons:
    -Why spend the bar when sometimes 900k will do just fine?
    -One isn't always going to get an ideal hit to start combos. Sometimes you'll catch them low with a sweep, or you'll hit confirm off an assist, or you'll land an instant overhead. If you're not going to kill them outright, you may as well have an efficient combo in your pocket
    -All of his supers are useful tools outside of combos. I like to have a boatload of meter on hand for them, so I don't want my combos to be wasteful.
  • VolfeVolfe Quaint Serenity (XBL) Joined: Posts: 160
    Loving the new thread, I've been lurking on and off since release. I'm noticing there's no real air to air confirms comboes, the last thing I ever seem to get in a match is a clean hit lol. Any tips on how to confirm air to air?
    Repping that Bionic arm since day1
    UMvC3: Iron Fist/Spencer/Hawk-eye "Bionic Fist"
    SSF4: Dudley/Cody/Oni "moar frametraps"
    BBCS2: Makoto, Tsubaki, Noel
  • Iron fighterIron fighter Joined: Posts: 54
    I'm having problems wit him I bin using him for about a month now n I keep gettin creamed!!!!
    1. I can't seem to get in to start a combo I have donte jam and strider assist
    2. I can't really confirm his hits it hard to time them even the first hit!
    3. Then when I do luck up and get a good start I developed this stupid habbit of hitting crumble right after M smh
    4. Judging the distance between his standing M and H
    I kno he's good and does a ton of damage and I don't plan on dropping him cause I kno he's a monster one u use him right.i kno good start off bnbs and I pulled them off in the lab (sometimes online) anyone kno any good practice methods or tips to stop this craziness!!! Please help!
  • omaoma www.facebook.com/fgcbergen Joined: Posts: 79
    1. I can't seem to get in to start a combo I have donte jam and strider assist
    2. I can't really confirm his hits it hard to time them even the first hit!
    You should be able to hit confirm by the time you have pressed :m: :h: :f::h: :d::df::f::l::d::df::f::m: - If you can not see if you have hitconfirmed by that blockstring, you actually should not play this character - no offence. If you do this string, and see that they block it, just do :d::df::f::l: again, since that is safe on block (tho look for grabs)
    Fighting games i Bergen? Sjekk ut www.facebook.com/Fgcbergen ! :D Ranbats hver måned
    Combos

1 Bar

832,300 (893,000)
    s.:m:, s.:h:, :f:+:h:, :qcf::l:, :qcf::m:, :dp::l:, s.:h:, cr.:h:, :f:+:h:, j.:h:, j.:s:, s.:m:, s.:h:, :b:+:h:, :qcb::h:, :qcf::h:, :dp::l:, :qcb::m:, :qcb::h:, :qcb::s:, :b:~:b:+:h:, :qcb::l:, :qcf::h:, :qcf::s:, :dp::atk::atk:

So when i finally get down the jump cancel part, i find that if i am not already in the corner, i will cross under when i do the :h: after the :m: when i land. Is there another staple combo that i could use instead?
    Fighting games i Bergen? Sjekk ut www.facebook.com/Fgcbergen ! :D Ranbats hver måned
    So when i finally get down the jump cancel part, i find that if i am not already in the corner, i will cross under when i do the :h: after the :m: when i land. Is there another staple combo that i could use instead?

You're doing it too fast. Which character did you practice on?
  • diet-waterdiet-water Joined: Posts: 22
    hey GomuGomu you have a combo with spencer in it on your youtube channel but i cant seem to find the notation for it anywhere - mind posting it?

its this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbVGD2mjtxM&feature=plcp
    I usually just pick random when i am in the lab, and yes i am getting the combo in more and more now, but compared to the other characters i play (frank west and nemesis) this is hard stuff. I still have not got the last part to fit in yet. (the part after qcb+m, qcb+h, qcb+s) But hopefully it will later on :)
    Progressrapport: I am doing a shortened down version of the staple combo, I still do 950ish damage of 2 supers, and needs 1 rekka chain less than usuall. I will eventually try the more staylin ones, but i´ll post my version here. For the scrubs like me to try out before going to the hard stuff.

2 Bars

s.:m:, s.:h:, :f:+:h:, :qcf::l:, :qcf::m:, :dp::l:, s.:h:, cr.:h:, :f:+:h:, j.:h:, j.:s:, s.:m:, s.:h:, :b:+:h:, :qcb::h:, :qcf::h:, :dp::l:, :qcb::m:, :qcb: :l:, :qcf: :h:, :qcf:+:atk:+:atk: > wallbounce :b::h: :dp:+:atk:+:atk: 950ish damage

Does not carry from wall to wall, but as long as you are 3/4 from a wall, it should be ok, or else the first :qcb::m: will be hard to hit.
  • RobawtninjaRobawtninja @NinjaNam15 Joined: Posts: 233
    I remember Gomu-Gomu mentioning it but I can't seem to find it again. Do you know which characters after crumpled does c.:h:, b.:h: into Dragon's Tail not work with? I have found it for She-Hulk, Phoenix, and Spiderman.
    I remember Gomu-Gomu mentioning it but I can't seem to find it again. Do you know which characters after crumpled does c.:h:, b.:h: into Dragon's Tail not work with? I have found it for She-Hulk, Phoenix, and Spiderman.

Sentinel, Iron Fist, and Iron Man. There May be more.
  • RobawtninjaRobawtninja @NinjaNam15 Joined: Posts: 233
    Sentinel, Iron Fist, and Iron Man. There May be more.
    Hmm thanks. I shall continue with the search.
  • Mr SicksMr Sicks Glutton for Punishment Joined: Posts: 87

What is IF's bnb X-factor combo? I run him on anchor (i know this isnt optimal) and when i cantch someone i need to kill i want to know when to burn XF....
    umvc3: Chris/Doom/Dante----Haggar/Dorm/Dante----Nem/Dante/Sent Low Tier Whore
    I play Nemesis....because its frustrating enough losing at this game but its even worse when you lose to a guy pointing Nemesis
    What is IF's bnb X-factor combo? I run him on anchor (i know this isnt optimal) and when i cantch someone i need to kill i want to know when to burn XF....

Hmm I haven't really practised XF combos since his basic bnb in XF should kill just about everything. If I burn XF on a character it'll usually go something like this:

:m:, :h:, :f:+:h:, Lotus Whip, Dragon's touch, XFactor, :s:, j.:m::m::h::s:, Crescent Heel, Surging Fist, Dragon's Touch, Volcanic Roar
  • Lilshell43Lilshell43 Joined: Posts: 185
    Am I the only one that can't connect the st.MP after the j.HP, j.S? The character keeps recovering in time before I can connect it. when I slow it down, the character still recovers early.
    Am I the only one that can't connect the st.MP after the j.HP, j.S? The character keeps recovering in time before I can connect it. when I slow it down, the character still recovers early.

After you jump cancel f+H, don't use j.H straight away. You want them to be low to the ground when you go for st.M