Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited: The hype thread!!!

Comments

• MikeBreezy92MikeBreezy92 Too Good Joined: Posts: 348
    Angel not Devil, Devil is already a character....Kazuya
    "JUST WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM!"-Kamina
  • jedpossumjedpossum Ok, Darling Joined: Posts: 4,227
    Also I meant to reply to you earlier Devil will be in the game as his own character there was a japanese site that leaked it I'll post it as soon as I find it.

Plus, Devil was a character in Prologue.

I occasionally stream so you can see how boring poking around in the memory is. www.hitbox.tv/jedpossum

[8/6/2014 8:19:53 PM] Pasky: jedpossum, hacker of the obscure fighting games

• 758758 Joined: Posts: 128
    Also I meant to reply to you earlier Devil will be in the game as his own character there was a japanese site that leaked it I'll post it as soon as I find it.
    This it?

301806_10151761180295026_80744115025_24246980_1959263405_n.jpg
    That's a fake btw....
  • PsychobluePsychoblue the Conductor of the Hype Train Joined: Posts: 2,899
    Michelle, too, holy crap.
  • M.D.M.D. digs older chicks Joined: Posts: 4,188
    Where's Forest Law?

I kid.
    "I'm deeeeeaaaadd!" - Williams
    UMVC3: Shehulk/Haggar/Thor
    SSF4: Seth, Gen, Zangief
    KOFXIII: Kim Team, Ikari Warriors, Hwa/98 Kyo/Raiden
  • rokninroknin Keeps Trying Joined: Posts: 4,925
    Michelle, too, holy crap.

And now I'm in character crisis for TTT2U. Michelle? Julia/Jaycee? Kunimitsu? Lei? Feng? Leo? Lili? Asuka? Bruce? Alisa? Miguel? FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK
    ~ aka "ninRok" ~
    SFV - Juri, Cammy | Sm4sh - FemCorrin |
    KOFXIV - Luong / Athena / MuiMui |
    youtube | soundcloud | tumblr
  • LemresLemres The Two G.O.A.T Joined: Posts: 1,600
    I hope this Fight Lab mode in TTT2U is helpful, because the only Tekken I've ever played was T2 and T3 only because of emulators. But looking at all the returning characters, I'm so hyped for this game! It's gonna be my first competitive 3D fighting game. Hopefully Leo can fit into how I play!
    I hope this Fight Lab mode in TTT2U is helpful, because the only Tekken I've ever played was T2 and T3 only because of emulators. But looking at all the returning characters, I'm so hyped for this game! It's gonna be my first competitive 3D fighting game. Hopefully Leo can fit into how I play!

Leo is hella fun. I'm still learning her in T6, but she fits right in to that "girls that just hit frickin' hard" motif I love, and she at least feels a bit simpler to me (which helps since I'm now trying to play Tekken on stick instead of pad).
    ~ aka "ninRok" ~
  • TheDarkPhoenixTheDarkPhoenix BEHOLD! Joined: Posts: 12,619 mod
    So who's michelle?
    "this game is about winning, If you had the option of a 1) Big dick or 2) a small dick, would you choose 2 because it took more skill? Thought not"
    -Bokkin
    So who's michelle?
    Michelle was Julia before there was Julia (and also her adopted mother). She was "the Indian girl" from T1-T2 and was also in TTT. After that, she promptly fell off the grid and was only mentioned once more in the Tekken storyline in T5, when it was said that Ganryu opened a sumo stable to forget about her (as he was in love with her but it was unrequited)

But look, she has returned!
    Yup

Also.

I hate to be that old fogey guy but MAN I miss that era of music.
    ~ aka "ninRok" ~
  • TheDarkPhoenixTheDarkPhoenix BEHOLD! Joined: Posts: 12,619 mod
    man i forget she was in TTT
    "this game is about winning, If you had the option of a 1) Big dick or 2) a small dick, would you choose 2 because it took more skill? Thought not"
    -Bokkin
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-05-22-tekken-tag-tournament-2-release-date-announced
    300x-1
    Tekken Tag Tournament 2 releases in Europe on 14th September, Namco Bandai has announced.

Pre-order at select shops and you'll get one or more of four additional DLC characters free: Michelle Chang, Angel, Kunimitsu or Ancient Ogre immediately at launch.

In the UK, pre-orders at ShopTo get Michelle Chang and Angel DLC. Pre-orders at Zavvi get Kunimitsu and Ancient Ogre.

Meanwhile, Namco unveiled the "We are Tekken" edition of the game, exclusive to GAME. This comes in a metal case and includes: the original soundtrack of the game and an additional music CD with remixes, an art book with more than 200 pages, a behind the scene video with designer Harada and others giving you their best Tokyo tips.
    tekken-tag-tournament-2-new-perso_3_.jpg
    FFFFFFFFFFFFFF~....... :lovin::lovin::lovin:

Although it's really weird that she looks as young, if not younger, than Julia, lol.

I may just main the Chang family and rotate in Kuni and Leo and be done with it.
    ~ aka "ninRok" ~
    Wished they would have brought back Alex, Miharu, Doctor B. and Tiger.
  • therooktherook I Challenge My Fate! Joined: Posts: 3,458
    FFFFFFFFFFFFFF~....... :lovin::lovin::lovin:

Although it's really weird that she looks as young, if not younger, than Julia, lol.

I may just main the Chang family and rotate in Kuni and Leo and be done with it.

Well bare in mind that Tag2 isn't Canon so it's to be expected. Michelle is however old she was in T2...so pretty much before the big year gap. What your seeing now, along with Jun and Kinimitsu are how they were meant to look like. So if they did a reboot they would look like this now then what we seen in the PSX era. Someone said that Kunimitsu's Tag2 appearance is a true redesign but in truth it isn't completely just Ideas that didn't make it into Tag1, the half mask concept dates back to Tag1 concept artwork.

small tidbit, remember what Anna used to look like before Arcade Release? lolz517px-Anna_Williams_-_Character_Model_Comparisons_-_TTT2.png

oh yeah anyone else get the Rap and R&B vibe from Michelle and Ogre's themes? maybe im alone on this one....
    SFIV: Guy, Cody, E.Ryu, Poison.
    Gundam Extreme: Wing Zero(TV)
    Tekken: Lili, Asuka, A.King, Julia/Jaycee, Kunimitsu.
    SC: Taki/Natsu
    VF5FS: Eileen, El Blaze, Aoi.
    Not just the month of my birthday, but the week of it, too!? (my birthday is the 13th of September)

If the European pre-order deal is similar to what it is in the US, I'll definitely reserve at the place with Kuni and Ancient Ogre. Should be interesting to see if the latter is as laughably OP as he was in TTT.
    hopefully the US Collectors Edition is better then it was for T6...I got it but by god that was a terrible hori stick. The art book was ok though. hopefully Gamestop will have Kunimitsu and Ogre, if not...uhhg. I hope we get a similar CE to Europe...
    hopefully the US Collectors Edition is better then it was for T6...I got it but by god that was a terrible hori stick. The art book was ok though. hopefully Gamestop will have Kunimitsu and Ogre, if not...uhhg. I hope we get a similar CE to Europe...

Was it the EX2? If so, I had the same stick. It didn't seem that bad when I first bought it, kind of a nice lil' entry-level stick to test the waters. After that though... yeah.
    ~ aka "ninRok" ~
  • blackninja14blackninja14 Joined: Posts: 61
    People complaining about the bound system are retards. Mahvel has wallbounce ground bounce endless combos.
    Not that i dont like Mahvel 3 hell it is even my fav fighting game ever next is tekken 6 :). Why are people complaining about tekken 6 netcode ?
    Here in Europe its even better than ssf4 and mahvel netcode.
    TTT2U I cant wait :D. Steve and bruce ow yeah.
    People complaining about the bound system are retards. Mahvel has wallbounce ground bounce endless combos.

Apples and Oranges man; Tekken and Marvel are no where near the same. Would you still play Tekken if it had push blocking, Hyper Combos, and chip damage?

As an old-school Tekken fan, I dislike the bound system. It puts more emphasis on juggling, which wasn't needed as the series already had over-the-top +50% damage combos back in T5. The game didn't always revolve around juggle combos.
    Why are people complaining about tekken 6 netcode ?
    Here in Europe its even better than ssf4 and mahvel netcode.

I can only speak from my experience, but it is really, really ass here in the US. Seriously ass. Input delay feels like 3 seconds. It's bad to the point where super-simple juggles I do in my sleep come out extremely late.

The online is the only hindrance I have with the game. :-(
    ~ aka "ninRok" ~
    http://www.siliconera.com/2012/05/24/gamestop-offers-tekken-tag-tournament-2-with-all-four-dlc-characters/
    Tekken Tag Tournament 2 has Angel, Ancient Ogre, Michelle Chang, and Kunimitsu available as downloadable characters. Gamers in Europe have to reserve Tekken Tag Tournament 2 at two different retailers if they want to use all of these characters at launch.

In North America, pre-ordering Tekken Tag Tournament 2 at GameStop nets players all four DLC characters in their roster. Best Buy and Amazon pre-orders only get Angel and Michelle as bonus fighters.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 comes out on September 11 in North America and September 14 in Europe.

Nice. :-) My only gripe is that I'm sick and tired of the "pre-order here gets you these two, pre-order there gets you those two, and pre-order here gets you THESE two!" thing that's permeating the gaming industry. -_-

At least they're free though. Pre-ordering today, methinks.
    ~ aka "ninRok" ~
    As an old-school Tekken fan, I dislike the bound system. It puts more emphasis on juggling, which wasn't needed as the series already had over-the-top +50% damage combos back in T5. The game didn't always revolve around juggle combos.

Bound doesn't put anymore emphasis on Juggling than what DR already did(strictly T6 speaking). It just makes them longer. Same average damage from T5DR.

Tekken has always been about two things...spacing and juggling....
    Bound doesn't put anymore emphasis on Juggling than what DR already did(strictly T6 speaking). It just makes them longer. Same average damage from T5DR.

Tekken has always been about two things...spacing and juggling....

Maybe, if you started with Tekken 5 and beyond.

Tekken used to be about using a combination of high and low strings, mixups and signature attacks to trick opponents into standing(blocking high) or crouching(blocking low). The game rewarded you with big damage off powerful moves. The 10-hit attack strings was a pressure tool to force the opponent to block incorrectly. They became obsolete in the modern Tekken games because in most cases, the reward for getting a successful hit or counter is a juggle opportunity for big damage. This wasn't the case back in T4 and earlier, when juggling was limited and/or heavily scaled.
    Mixups and such are apart of all fighting games that's nothing that Tekken has specialized like it does with spacing. 10 Hits have aways been useless. Juggling has ALWAYS been the damage dealer.
  • Austin_QEDAustin_QED "It's Whoop-Ass Time!" Joined: Posts: 1,739
    So hype for TT2, can't wait to pick up Leo, because I am fucking done with Jun, Namco likes to fuck with me too much.
    So hype for TT2, can't wait to pick up Leo, because I am fucking done with Jun, Namco likes to fuck with me too much.

Waaaaaaaaaiiiiiit. Whaaaaa--?

But.. she's back... and she looks awesome as hell... and... it's... it's Jun...

Ah well, Leo is an excellent choice, though I need to put more time into her.
    ~ aka "ninRok" ~
  • Austin_QEDAustin_QED "It's Whoop-Ass Time!" Joined: Posts: 1,739
    Waaaaaaaaaiiiiiit. Whaaaaa--?

But.. she's back... and she looks awesome as hell... and... it's... it's Jun...

Ah well, Leo is an excellent choice, though I need to put more time into her.
    It's because they reworked her to the bone, I'm tired of them breaking my heart.

I play Leo in T6 and I love when random select hits a wall stage, I just kind of turn and look to whoever's playing and give them a "jhold dat" look.
    It's because they reworked her to the bone, I'm tired of them breaking my heart.

I play Leo in T6 and I love when random select hits a wall stage, I just kind of turn and look to whoever's playing and give them a "jhold dat" look.

Of course they reworked her. It would be stupid for her to play the same exact way as Asuka.
    Of course they reworked her. It would be stupid for her to play the same exact way as Asuka.
    Oh like how, Bears, and Christie/Eddy are vastly different like Anna/Nina, Chang's, or King's? trolling aside...Jun is a series favorite, they wouldn't want Asuka to outshine her....believe it or not only reason Jun is popular is due to nostalgia. In reality Asuka is popular and her Rivalry with Lili only helped in that regard.

Not sure if this is known but....Gamestop has all 4 DLC characters for the pre-order bonus...so no Running around for me i guess.
    Jun has a vocal minority....not a definite series favorite like Kaz. That is all. Eddy and Christie are still sepreated so you can play them together and Kuma and Panda.
  • YungKratosYungKratos My mom's a Skullgirl Joined: Posts: 631
    I really dont wanna preorder from gamestop but in the end itll benefit not just me because I get all 4 characters early but also Namco because It makes Gamestop happy and the more Namco is benefitted The more support we see for Tekken. Its just the nature or the beast I suppose.
    Check out AoF Dojo on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/AOFDojo
    "Integrating the Fighting Game Community and Education one Mashed uppercut at a time
  • OmegamarthOmegamarth Joined: Posts: 89
    SNOOP DOGG!
  • PaolochunPaolochun so that I / can say I'm on your side Joined: Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

Red Osaka Ranger ftw
    "The secret to strength is daily training."
    Chun-Li Street Fighter V training mode
  • PaolochunPaolochun so that I / can say I'm on your side Joined: Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    May as well share my Tag2/Tag2U (and some T6BR) vids here. Expect more arcade footage in the coming days.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL518B7EE556AAA754&feature=mh_lolz
    "The secret to strength is daily training."
    Chun-Li Street Fighter V training mode
  • Great_Dark_HeroGreat_Dark_Hero Yup. Holiday functions got fucked too Joined: Posts: 3,316
    snip
    Speaking of Kunimitsu, a very good friend and rival of mine drew a nice picture for We Are Tekken Competition!
    He intends to main Kunimitsu as well, along with Asuka, and quite a few other characters.
    This is a video to showcase how he actually drew the said picture of Kunimitsu!

People can go here to vote!
    https://apps.facebook.com/ttt-two/?gallery&action=view&id=30
    Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/GDHTP | Twitch Channel: great_dark_hero
    PSN: Dark_Ice_Saiko
    KOFXIV
    Kyo / Luong / Geese [Mai, Shun, Benimaru, Leona, Terry, Mian, Mui Mui]

DOA5LR
    Nyotengu/Mai

Tekken 7
    Eliza [Xiaoyu, Geese, Jin, Lars, Lee, M.Raven]

BBCF
    Hakumen [Azrael, Nine, Makoto]

SFV ???
    Come to dreamcancel.com for KOFXIV FAQS, wiki-updates, and mini-guides!

• Great_Dark_HeroGreat_Dark_Hero Yup. Holiday functions got fucked too Joined: Posts: 3,316
    Here is more fan art from another buddy of mine! It is pretty nice hand drawn picture of Kazuya Mishima! Please vote!
    https://apps.facebook.com/ttt-two/?gallery&action=view&id=46
    Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/GDHTP | Twitch Channel: great_dark_hero
    PSN: Dark_Ice_Saiko
    KOFXIV
    Kyo / Luong / Geese [Mai, Shun, Benimaru, Leona, Terry, Mian, Mui Mui]

DOA5LR
    Nyotengu/Mai

Tekken 7
    Eliza [Xiaoyu, Geese, Jin, Lars, Lee, M.Raven]

BBCF
    Hakumen [Azrael, Nine, Makoto]

SFV ???
    Come to dreamcancel.com for KOFXIV FAQS, wiki-updates, and mini-guides!