Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited: The hype thread!!!

Comments

• PaolochunPaolochun so that I / can say I'm on your side Joined: Posts: 11,330 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I got some Tag 2/Tag 2U footage, but I'm poor so it's still a digicam pointed at arcade dudes playing. I'm gonna get a better one eventually. I actually like cams. Sucks about the noise most of the time, but I like seeing crowd and player reactions for offline stuff. Not sure how much Jun I have.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL518B7EE556AAA754&feature=view_all

This second one will be filled with Tag 1/T6BR/Tag 2 U console in the coming days.
    http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLB49E16317A79C978&feature=view_all
    "The secret to strength is daily training."
    Chun-Li Street Fighter V training mode
  • PaolochunPaolochun so that I / can say I'm on your side Joined: Posts: 11,330 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Local WCG qualifiers. T6BR until Sept since Tag2U console didn't arrive in time.

http://www.twitch.tv/peso/b/329980505
  • YungKratosYungKratos My mom's a Skullgirl Joined: Posts: 631
    Local WCG qualifiers. T6BR until Sept since Tag2U console didn't arrive in time.

http://www.twitch.tv/peso/b/329980505
    do these guys not have a chat?
    Check out AoF Dojo on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/AOFDojo
    "Integrating the Fighting Game Community and Education one Mashed uppercut at a time
    The stream archive seems to be mute unfortunately. :sad:

Here's another shot of the finals, taken by a friend of Alex (the Jack player).

Edit- the parent YT account http://www.youtube.com/user/FrancisKatrina2010/videos
  • imMUTAble787imMUTAble787 Joined: Posts: 60
    are there a good amount of people getting this on 360 ? i was reading over on tekken zaibatsu forums or whatever and all i saw from skimming through was people hating on 360 and saying ps3 only.

im a tekken newb so i can't tell if its just the elitist vocal minority or if the netplay population on 360 will be significantly lower
  • PterodactylPterodactyl The time has come and so have I Joined: Posts: 7,188

2:08

Christ, Forest you couldn't take her out on a date first?
    spread'em
  • YungKratosYungKratos My mom's a Skullgirl Joined: Posts: 631
    are there a good amount of people getting this on 360 ? i was reading over on tekken zaibatsu forums or whatever and all i saw from skimming through was people hating on 360 and saying ps3 only.

im a tekken newb so i can't tell if its just the elitist vocal minority or if the netplay population on 360 will be significantly lower
    The Zaibatsu is hella elitist srk has been getting better at that since 09 but right now The Zaibatsu is set to have its own 2009 and I would be very wary of the shitstorm that is about to ensue.

Now on to your question there are lots of players on XBL not only that but the majority of the Capcom players are on XBL and TTT2 has caught the interest of the capcom players and even the FPS players etc. In short its looking like the TTT1/T3 days and everyone is going top be playing so it dont matter what console your on there will be competition.
    Check out AoF Dojo on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/AOFDojo
    "Integrating the Fighting Game Community and Education one Mashed uppercut at a time
  • (CHI) holli(CHI) holli Joined: Posts: 148

They're not being elitist. The truth is, every major iteration of Tekken up until T5:DR was a PS exclusive, so most competitive Tekken players bought PS3s assuming the same and also because of brand loyalty. I know a lot of high level tekken players on PSN and literally none on XBL. Not saying there will be no competition on XBL per se, but PSN will almost certainly be better in terms of quality of competition.

It's also been tested that T6 drops frames on xbox the same way Capcom games drop frames on PS3. No information about that regarding TTT2 though.
    asuka user
  • imMUTAble787imMUTAble787 Joined: Posts: 60
    I see, thanks for the replies :)

What are the first areas of gameplay I should start researching ? What I mean is, knowing what you know now, if you were brand new to Tekken - where would you start when learning the game?
    Movement (side stepping, dashing, backdashing etc) and then stuff like throw techs

Then after that, your character's basic stuff like combos. I think this old thread covers it nicely

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/what-should-i-practice-prepping-for-ttt2-w-t6.158972/
  • PsychobluePsychoblue the Conductor of the Hype Train Joined: Posts: 2,344
    Forrest is going to give me headaches, I'm sure.
  • wolverine-masterwolverine-master Trinidad's finest Joined: Posts: 1,763
    If you're in New York let me know. I'll shoot you an invite to our release party that will be streamed.
    IS YOUR WOLVERINE BETTER THAN MINE?
    XBL: wolverine masta
    FB: facebook.com/w0lverinemaster

Tekken 6 BR 2v2 tournament held in Davao City, Philippines (Aug 25). Lots more vids to be added to this playlist.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL783CB65BD967E045
    lol

• MenenMenen Kunimitsu! Joined: Posts: 197
    tekken6-mi_3zodtaye.jpg

tekken-6-20091126022322758.jpg

Tekken_6_Miguel_Photo_Shot_by_King_Pellas.jpg

amazing.gif

493bf_excited.gif

0.o tekken tag 2 I cant wait!!!! Please take my money now namco!
  • Evil-Bart2k11Evil-Bart2k11 Bring home the bacon! Joined: Posts: 239
    DLC has already been leaked on EU PSN, get them before they take them down!

So glad to have a PS3, looking forward to Tag 2.
    "That was Deadpoolicious, in case you're wondering, that's my new word for awesomeness."
    SSF4AE - Honda/Akuma l UMvC3 - Super-Skrull/Frank West/Akuma/Deadpool l IJ:GAU - Deathstroke
    SFA3 - Honda/Akuma l SFxT - Akuma/King/Hwoarang/Xiaoyu/Pac-Man l SSBM - Dr. Mario/Mario
    STHDR - Honda l SSB4 - Mario/Dr. Mario/Pac-Man/Wario/Sonic/Greninja l SFA2 - Akuma
  • ZukatokiZukatoki Joined: Posts: 123
    DLC has already been leaked on EU PSN, get them before they take them down!

So glad to have a PS3, looking forward to Tag 2.
    Pretty sure it wasnt a leak, because they had it written here: http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012/09/05/heads-up-game-store-update-5th-september-2012/
  • Evil-Bart2k11Evil-Bart2k11 Bring home the bacon! Joined: Posts: 239
    Pretty sure it wasnt a leak, because they had it written here: http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012/09/05/heads-up-game-store-update-5th-september-2012/

You're probably right actually now that i've looked at it again. It's kinda strange on how all of Tag 2's DLC is on PSN in Europe before the game is even released. Oh well, more power to me I suppose. :)

EDIT: They took it all down now, I knew it! It was all a big leak.
    "That was Deadpoolicious, in case you're wondering, that's my new word for awesomeness."
    SSF4AE - Honda/Akuma l UMvC3 - Super-Skrull/Frank West/Akuma/Deadpool l IJ:GAU - Deathstroke
    SFA3 - Honda/Akuma l SFxT - Akuma/King/Hwoarang/Xiaoyu/Pac-Man l SSBM - Dr. Mario/Mario
    STHDR - Honda l SSB4 - Mario/Dr. Mario/Pac-Man/Wario/Sonic/Greninja l SFA2 - Akuma
    Tekken 6 BR 2v2 tournament held in Davao City, Philippines (Aug 25). Lots more vids to be added to this playlist.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL783CB65BD967E045

More of the same: http://www.youtube.com/user/Grooversy/videos
  • SupaDaveSupaDave HADOUKEN Joined: Posts: 59
    GET HYYYPPPEEE!!!!!!!! It is out well kinda photo6wy.jpg
  • BlackgoldBlackgold Dictator Joined: Posts: 105
    The DLC were codes so they might not work till desired date, so it may not be an important leak at all, if it's a leak.

About the game, Tekken has awesome characters, Kazuya will always be one of my favourite characters and this one also has awesome graphics but as someone said it is destined to be forgotten after 3 months. Even TTT which is one of the best games I have ever played was forgotten to me after I unlocked everything and three months passed. The gameplay is boring.
  • rokninroknin Keeps Trying Joined: Posts: 4,925
    I really don't think that will be the case overall, but I can say for certainty it won't be the case for me. Been looking forward to the next tag game for a long time.

Dunno' if this will beat T5 for me (still my favorite FG of all time), but I have a feeling it might, or at least come really, really close.
    ~ aka "ninRok" ~
    SFV - Juri, Cammy | Sm4sh - FemCorrin |
    KOFXIV - Luong / Athena / MuiMui |
    youtube | soundcloud | tumblr
  • d0c_zaiusd0c_zaius tobal 2 missionary Joined: Posts: 394
    318308_477098538975268_1640908561_n.jpg

YESSSSSSSSSSSS
    tobal 2 best game ever
  • IsleySilverKingIsleySilverKing Joined: Posts: 156
    Welp I can definitely see that TTT2 will not have any lasting impact on the 2d community. Not that this is anything new.
    YESSSSSSSSSSSS

All of my ENVY.
    ~ aka "ninRok" ~
  • d0c_zaiusd0c_zaius tobal 2 missionary Joined: Posts: 394
    after messing around with it for a couple of hours, I like it a lot. it feels really smooth and polished, and once you get a handle on the tag mechanic its fun to mess around with it to see what you can do.

combot tutorial is also really cool.
    tobal 2 best game ever
  • SkywalkinSkywalkin Shoosh! Joined: Posts: 171
    I disagree, a lot of hype surrounding TTT2. SF4 was only a placeholder until Tag came out for me. I just wanna see some new players give it a go, hopefully it sticks around for a while. EIther way, the Tekken fans are niiiccce right about now. Can't way to start seeing the community exploring this game and see what they can come up with.

If anything, just approach it with an open mind.
  • Bento SentoBento Sento I Heart Asuka Joined: Posts: 55
    I am so hyped for this game I have been waiting for a second Tekken Tag game for the past 10 years.
    Only one more week, cannot wait
    I'm here to play fighting games and chew bubblegum.... and I'm all out of bubblegum.
  • ShadowhaxorShadowhaxor VgM for the Masses! Joined: Posts: 394
    318308_477098538975268_1640908561_n.jpg

YESSSSSSSSSSSS

:( Wants my TTT2. Wish the stores around here released it early!

Never Fear... Your Friendly neighborhood Shadowhaxor is here.
  • SoopaMan2KSoopaMan2K The Get Better-er! Joined: Posts: 4
    If you live in NYC, you can get it today or tomorrow. I will wait for my Kunimitsu DLC. I need her!
    Just want to get better at Fighting Games. That's why I still play.
  • IlluminatiIlluminati Gnosis is the law. Gnosis under skill. Joined: Posts: 102
    What are the first areas of gameplay I should start researching ? What I mean is, knowing what you know now, if you were brand new to Tekken - where would you start when learning the game?

i just posted this in another thread but this will help. always research on tekkenzaibatsu.com.

always start by compiling a top ten move list... most threads have this... your going to have to average it out and make sure people are talking about why they find the move useful. make sure there is at least one of these moves.

1. homing moves (indicated by a white trail or streak on the animation) to shut down sidesteps
    (universal are better moves that track left and right sidesteps vs. one side only)

2. bound moves that will allow you to extend your combos to maximize your damage output. as well they carry your opponent further to the wall for combos

3. a fast safe launcher preferably a mid over a high.

as time marches on you can add another 10 moves, but for now keep it simple.

after you feel good about your moves you can move on to bnb combos... don't waste your time with anything below 60 damage... (180 is the life bar)

"level up your game" channel on youtube does a great job at teaching the basics of intermediate play.

If you live in NYC, you can get it today or tomorrow.
    They have to release it early on the east coast if they want to have a chance against the WC PLAYA's... haha jk *shify eyes*
    ^^(;,,; )^^ BB: Arakune, Platinum / GG: Faust, Zappa / P4: Kuma / TTT2: DJ, Hei, Kaz / VS: Zabel (ʳ ´º㉨º)ʳ
  • BlackgoldBlackgold Dictator Joined: Posts: 105
    video

thanks, but after watching the video I was like: WTF, did I watch. :D

Same thing with Kazuya's ending.
  • FROG55JONFROG55JON Top Tier??? Joined: Posts: 716
    Only just got the game, some basic stuff I could find with Jinpachi
    www.youtube.com/user/FROG55JQN www.youtube.com/user/FGC2012
    SSF4 - Chun Li, Bison UMVC3 - Vergil, Wesker, Magneto - MK9 Rain & Jax SC5 Nightmare, Pyrrha, Tira.
  • ValkerionValkerion Joined: Posts: 340
    skinny bob is kinda hot... seriously.
    Blazblue/Street Fighter 4/HD Remix/MvC2/GG:AC+
  • tyler2ktyler2k All-around cool guy Joined: Posts: 24
    Only just got the game, some basic stuff I could find with Jinpachi
    Hey, just a heads up. Try not to test/create CMVs against solo mode mode characters. Solo mode has higher health than tag play and the solo character's health regens automatically. That makes the combos look like they do less damage than they actually do. Just a suggestion.
    tyler2k.com | tyler2k.info | @tyler2k1
    Co-Author of Prima's TTT2 guide
    TZ mod for Dragunov, Jinpachi, and Raven
  • PointBreak91PointBreak91 Custom costumes for SFV please Cap Joined: Posts: 666
    The stick looks real snazzy, with the T-Galz swap out faceplate. Ah, I remember when SEGA released awesome game controllers too :sad: Will be very interesting to see how the PSN Vs Live thing pans out, as Live has for 7 years now provided a relatively stable and secure environment on solid servers, provided the game's own netcode is sound. T6 may have had more accurate frame inputs, but I see everywhere complaints about PSN lag, and that shit will piss people off fast. Is it in 1080p anyone know? Absolutely critical to get yourself a real low response time HD screen, if you haven't already :cybot:
    twitch.tv/nyc_vf
    Only 4days to go, watching these guys playing early makes me sad ._. Good thing we got medicine called Big Two, gotta stay awake till 6AM on wednesday, but idc. :L
  • therooktherook I Challenge My Fate! Joined: Posts: 3,458
    Ill get mines in like...12 more hours

Vert told me to get Tapatalk 2
    SFIV: Guy, Cody, E.Ryu, Poison.
    Gundam Extreme: Wing Zero(TV)
    Tekken: Lili, Asuka, A.King, Julia/Jaycee, Kunimitsu.
    SC: Taki/Natsu
    VF5FS: Eileen, El Blaze, Aoi.
  • REALPLAYERREALPLAYER Joined: Posts: 1,649
    Welp I can definitely see that TTT2 will not have any lasting impact on the 2d community. Not that this is anything new.

maybe you weren't around druing the T5 days, but when that game dropped, all the marvel and sf (cvs2 at the time) players picked tekken back up and played the HELL out of it. it also helps that TTT2 is specifically the tekken installment the entire community has been asking for for over a decade. the way i see it, TTT2 will have a pretty dramatic impact on the community, irregardless of T6's reception.
    Mag/Dorm/Sent; Wolv/Dorm/Verg; Dante/Trish/others; Mag/VJoe/RR; Skrull/Nova/Spenc; Tron/Frank/others; Wesk/Dog/Akuma; Morr/MODOK/others; Nova/IM/Strange; Hawk/Dorm/Sent; Skrull/Chris/Doom; Hag/Hulk/Doom; Hag/Spenc/others; Tron/Spenc/Shulk; Hulk/Skrull/Shulk; Shulk/Task/Akuma; Morr/Strange/Phnx; GR/Nova/Phnx; Tron/Thor/Phnx; Viper/VJoe/others; Viper/SkrullFank/Doom; Hulk/MODOK/Dorm; Hulk/Pool/Mag; Zero/MODOK/FB; FB/MagDogDorm/others; Spider/StormX23/HawkStrider/IMRR/GRShulk; Cap/RRDoom/HawkThor/Viper others; X23/MorrArth/TronRR/ChrisHulk; Jill/IMDoom/DanteAkuma/TaskSent; Wolv/Pool/Sent; Thor/others/Strange; Thor/Trish/Doom; others/ Nova/Thor; Dfndrs; IF/others/Fel; Tron/PW/?; others/PW/Dog; VJoe/H-Ko/Shulk; Nem/Ryu/others; others/Morr/Shuma; GR/Shulk/H-Ko/Shuma
    Ill get mines in like...12 more hours

Vert told me to get Tapatalk 2

One more day for me... Can't grab it til after work tomorrow, then I can't even play it until after my sketch livestream session is done. Fffffffffffffffff

#patience
    ~ aka "ninRok" ~
  • Bento SentoBento Sento I Heart Asuka Joined: Posts: 55
    God damn I have gotta wait till Friday, This is just unfair.
    I'm here to play fighting games and chew bubblegum.... and I'm all out of bubblegum.
    So, i just noticed that there is own section for TTT2 here on SRK (its next to VF5) Since when...? :o
  • huckles98huckles98 Joined: Posts: 671
    Pretty hype. Gonna pick this up tomorrow when I go into town. The wife is gonna play some with me too (which is a total pipedream because we have a newborn). Neither of us have experience with Tekken but we had a lot of fun trying it out at a bowling alley while we were still dating.
  • PointBreak91PointBreak91 Custom costumes for SFV please Cap Joined: Posts: 666
    Yeah, damn, I remember TTT in bowling alleys back in the day. It was like an expansion of T3, but when the game hit PS2, the new graphics were drooltastic. 4 player with the multi-tap was hella innovative at the time too. Wasn't so keen on the music, compared to what had gone before, but that was easily rectified with a few Ministry of Sound CDs.
    twitch.tv/nyc_vf
  • tyler2ktyler2k All-around cool guy Joined: Posts: 24
    So, i just noticed that there is own section for TTT2 here on SRK (its next to VF5) Since when...? :eek:
    Yeah, that's a very poor design. Too hard to find.
    tyler2k.com | tyler2k.info | @tyler2k1
    Co-Author of Prima's TTT2 guide
    TZ mod for Dragunov, Jinpachi, and Raven
  • huckles98huckles98 Joined: Posts: 671
    I think it was Tekken 3. I downloaded T6 tonight, gonna try it out before I dive right in to a full price game.
  • VothsairVothsair Joined: Posts: 174
    Holy fudge I HAD to walk 3 hours 42 minutes for this game due to car trouble. I finally got home covered in sweat with my legs shaking but excited. Then I find out I can't move with my Tounament Fightstick? I ended up using the PS3 controller but maybe for the good. It's harder to dash with the stick for me. Will be uploading Endings then combos then guides on my youtube if you guys wanna subscribe check my sig. See yall online and maybe at WNF when I get the chance.
  • cali-killacali-killa Joined: Posts: 58
    Hey, im new to tekken. Im playing on ps3 and the game won't let me perform motion inputs using the analog stick, only the d pad. Is this standard and is there a way to change it? I don't think i can wavedash using the damn d pad on the six axis.