The Tampa Thread: Facebook: Tampa FGC.

Comments

• eiSHeiSH Keepin' it FreestyleiSH Joined: Posts: 1,575
    Word man, I'll let you guys know whats up with the next TNS when Tong and Co. recover from last night/this morning and plans for TNS4 are being talked about.
    Do any of you guys have Facebook? That's where most of the events happen nowadays.
    Yeah I just reactivated -_-; I'll try to find you guys.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    9/13/2011 "President...... Thanks for all your hard work. Please enjoy your rest." - Maamen Beans
    "Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time." - T.S. Elliot
    "There is no such thing as a bad heroine. There are only bad games." - Katsuragi Keima
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
  • BshidoHEATBshidoHEAT The Ninja Super Hero! Joined: Posts: 3,094
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/266497330081332/
    It's a closed group now, if you need me to let you in
    https://www.facebook.com/ben.acosta.16
    Yeah I just reactivated -_-; I'll try to find you guys.
    Ö£d Σçhòò£ Å┼ Ñööñ: BushidoHEAT
    Fighting games and Music www.youtube.com/bushidoheat/
    Music I make www.soundcloud.com/benacosta
    Music others make but I play www.mixcloud.com/benacosta

• So_Zetta_SlowSo_Zetta_Slow Joined: Posts: 6
    Would you mind if I got an invite also? I've been having a hard time finding games in Tampa.
    no prob just send me a message
    Would you mind if I got an invite also? I've been having a hard time finding games in Tampa.

• CanadianDstryrCanadianDstryr The Mundane Cinderella Joined: Posts: 2,071
    Hello, my name is Chris and I am a King of Fighters player playing out of the Orlando area.
    Very recently, central Florida KoF has been struggling with attendance at events. A tournament in Altimonte was cancelled this week because we couldn't even put together an eight man bracket. Two weeks ago at TNS wasn't much better, we drew eleven.
    That got some of the locals to talking about what we might do to save this game before it disappears outright. The conclusion we came to was that we need to network a lot better. Get central Florida on the same page as north and south Florida. Be willing to travel. Basically turn the smaller local scenes into one big Florida scene.

Most of central Florida's (at least around Orlando) communication is done through Facebook, and if that's the case here, if you could give me some names of the local KoF players I'd appreciate it greatly. If not, I will be stopping by the regional boards occasionally, more often closer to events, and I encourage you guys to do the same.

Thank you.
  • Pilgrim_PudPilgrim_Pud Ultimo Gringo #HEEL Joined: Posts: 1,513
    Fighting a losing fight my friend.
    Fat.
  • CanadianDstryrCanadianDstryr The Mundane Cinderella Joined: Posts: 2,071
    Maybe so, but until FiM comes out or Capcom miraculously puts together CvS2 HD, I don't have a game to fall back on. So I'm going to do everything I can to try to keep this game going.
  • booty clapperbooty clapper Grrrrrr Joined: Posts: 1,726
    I'm gonna be in town for a week or so. Anyone play any old shit? Where are the sessions/gatherings at?
    #SNKPlaymore & #Alpha2 on efnet
    Almost everyone in Tampa plays CvS2, a bunch of us play MvC2/XvsSF, there is a small 3S population too. ST/HDR has it's place. If your around the St.Pete area come out to Serenity on Sunday, check out the address in my sig.

• Winge HingeWinge Hinge Joined: Posts: 1
    Hey guys, I am a fairly new player to umvc3 and am trying to find a local scene so I can play and get better without having to travel too far as I live in Sarasota and can't afford to travel every week to play casuals. I read there were weekly casuals at Livingston's a while back and was wondering if that was still going on.
  • dododonpachidododonpachi andamiro vs capcom? o.0 Joined: Posts: 187
    Hey guys, I am a fairly new player to umvc3 and am trying to find a local scene so I can play and get better without having to travel too far as I live in Sarasota and can't afford to travel every week to play casuals. I read there were weekly casuals at Livingston's a while back and was wondering if that was still going on.

livingstons hasn't happened in like a year now. i'm up in bradenton and don't mind driving for some casuals if you aren't mobile. just PM me or some shizz
    Tom W. aka charlienash87/nash87 dannabbit
    XBLA: h8erfisternator
  • Chi-Do-RiChi-Do-Ri AKA THE RAGINCAJIN Joined: Posts: 459
    Beep boop.
    " Stop Turtling? Turtling? Are you serious? Did you not see me pick Honda at the select screen? I'm obviously Honda-ing"
    Among Tampa Top 50 Best Honda Players
    TITANS Competitive HANDS MONSTER
  • BrooklynBrooklyn breathe water. Joined: Posts: 592 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Hay hay Srk!

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2
    llgittens
    Ö£d Σçhòò£ Å┼ Ñööñ
    psn/steam: urcreditscore xbox: urcr3ditscor3
  • Djcomplex72Djcomplex72 The Tekken Champ.... Joined: Posts: 64
    So I just got a Sega Blast City......Looking for stuff to put inside......if anyone knows or wants to sell MVS, Atomiswave, CPS 2, etc......let me know
  • CircleofSquaresCircleofSquares Ozeki Joined: Posts: 18
    So I was wondering if anyone is playing AE in Tampa because I'm trying to improve and being an online warrior just isn't cutting it ;). Thanks.
    Hold more down back online
    " Stop Turtling? Turtling? Are you serious? Did you not see me pick Honda at the select screen? I'm obviously Honda-ing"
  • JerkeyJerkey Joined: Posts: 85
    Yo I'm from Texas and I visiting Tampa soon for schooling for a week and I play a lot of umvc3 and I play a lot with the guys in Austin at arcade UFO and I was wondering if there's any local place to play casuals at because I don't want to be bored out of my mind lol
    Tekken 6- Bryan, Kazuya, Jin
    MVC2- MSP, Strider,Doom,sentinel
    3rd Strike- Ken,Yun
    SSF4- Rufus,Fei,Cody
    MVC3- Zero,Wesker,Dante/Ammy & team ASS
    I'm asking the same question Jerkey. There doesn't seem to be much of a scene here though :(
  • nacuflipnacuflip 磁石 Joined: Posts: 546
    hey guys we have a scene a pretty large one but we dont use SRK anymore we all use a FB group thread but here is where the casuals are

Serenity Games 6151 Central Av, St.Petersburg FL: Casuals Tues/Sun.
    Iusedoom
    Ö£d Σçhòò£ Å┼ Ñööñ
    Oh I didn't know. How many people go to these casuals would you say?
    A solid 5-6 people show up playing everything, but the most popular is UMvC3 and AE

• DzyneDzyne low blood pressure Joined: Posts: 335
    titties
    And I'm not cocky, I'm confident
    So when you tell me I'm the best, it's a compliment
    Wait, 5-6 people show up overall, or 5-6 play every game, while there are other's who only play AE or Marvel for example?
  • level1onlinelevel1online master ninja Joined: Posts: 526
    Oct 20th, Play N Trade Tampa. http://www.facebook.com/events/102701233221943/
    "F--- you guys. Someday I'll be champion of Evo and get laid by Kayane in a bed full of money." - Pierre.
    Wait, 5-6 people show up overall, or 5-6 play every game, while there are other's who only play AE or Marvel for example?

Perhaps 5-6 was a low number, but we get a decent amount of people coming out tues/sun.

Yesterday we had 8 I think, all locals, sometimes Tong Lee comes through and brings some Tampa heads, also Sarasota comes up once in awhile.

So Tues./Sun.? I'l try to make it out one of these days. :)b
  • KazigluBeyKazigluBey Joined: Posts: 6
    What time is a good time for Sunday at Serenity? Also what systems do you guys play AE on? Another thing , how often do you guys running tournaments there and whats that like? In Sarasota and apparently missed the bus on the Livingstons deal, this seems to be best thing that's close.
    What time is a good time for Sunday at Serenity? Also what systems do you guys play AE on? Another thing , how often do you guys running tournaments there and whats that like? In Sarasota and apparently missed the bus on the Livingstons deal, this seems to be best thing that's close.

Sundays after 5pm-ish. AE and Marvel are on Xbox.

We have a group on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/266497330081332/
    "F--- you guys. Someday I'll be champion of Evo and get laid by Kayane in a bed full of money." - Pierre.
  • DirrtyPopDirrtyPop Joined: Posts: 189
    I'd like to make it out there I live in spring hill
  • TN KrassusTN Krassus Jesus Christ of Tanks Joined: Posts: 3
    Anything in Tampa or is Serenity the only option? I used to play like it was gd church at Tampa Lanes weekend money matches, I miss our old FGC here =(
  • I$AACI$AAC did it hurt, baybee? Joined: Posts: 1,180
    Who are you? I'm an old school Tampa lanes guy!
    Ö£d Σçhòò£ Å┼ Ñööñ
    Crazy, I actually still hang out and still game with few guys who used to KOF / Samurai Showdown hardcore at the lanes. If you were into the big games you probably knew me as OKY. Mainly played MK1-UMK3, SF's, SFvC, and the KI's competitively in there.
    Hmm sounds familiar. Did you used to play at Tampa bay center when it was still open back in the day?
    Ö£d Σçhòò£ Å┼ Ñööñ
    Yep religiously same games. If you were in either scene you would most likely remember me.

I used to hang out with the Blockbuster Games crew a lot as well.
    Yeah I used to play damn near everything. Back in the Tampa bay center scene I was there every Sunday. I used gambit/venom back in the day. I used combo/cinder in KI, and combo in KI2. I also used and still use gambit in xvsf. I also played nfl blitz there as well.
    Ö£d Σçhòò£ Å┼ Ñööñ
  • Sly_GuySly_Guy Yagyu_Guy Joined: Posts: 65
    If you need a modder for anything, let me know.

Robert Leonard - sly_guy
    Valrico, FL
    PS3, 360, multi-mods, custom mods, custom fightsticks, lighting, repair
    slyguymods@gmail.com
    http://slyguymods.com
  • KamanoKamano Tiger Joined: Posts: 396
    ATTN Anyone in the Sarasota, Bradenton, Venice, North Port, Port Charlotte general area: We're starting weekly casuals (for any/all fighting games) at Darkside Comics in Sarasota, every wednesday beginning in January. Facebook group with more information can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/576333142382720/

If you have any questions or want an invite to the group, you can post here, or ask me or Mike on twitter @kamano77 or @ECCsikemopko respectively.
    So I finally think I'll be able to come out this Tuesday which would be the 1st of January. Is that a good date or no? Also can someone post the exact address so I don't go cruising for hours lost lol. Thanks.
    Tomorrow I'll be there and probably the regs at Serenity too.
    Address in the sig below

Thanks, but I have one more question. What time should I be there?
    4-7 is usually when people start getting there. Make sure you post when you arrive, also get facebook and I'll invite you to the Tampa FGC group.

• Pilgrim_PudPilgrim_Pud Ultimo Gringo #HEEL Joined: Posts: 1,513
    *crickets*
    Fat.
    Final Round is around the corner!
  • _xxNOBODYxx__xxNOBODYxx_ NOBODY'S BITCH! Joined: Posts: 1,086
    Doing the math here, and I just figured out something about Final Round. If my pool starts at 1 pm, I can leave Tampa at exactly 1 pm and make it just in time for my pool.

I'm a genius!
    Mentality is reality; attitude determines latitude; whether you think you can or you can't, you're right!
  • Nova UrsamanoNova Ursamano Joined: Posts: 11
    Glad to see the FGC is expanding into Sarasota, Englegwood (especially) and Port Charlotte. Thought Englewood was dead for a while.
    So I know I said I would show up the Tuesday before last, but my sister fell ill and had to go to the hospital and I had to be there for her, sorry :(. But I think that tomorrow I should be able to come out. Do I need to have a facebook though, because I don't use it, so should I just make one or...
  • K.O.GK.O.G Joined: Posts: 21
    Is anything going on this weekend besides CEO? I'd like to play some casuals.
    Tampa 813 bayyyybeeee, where the hoes be at!
    casuals every Sunday and Tuesday night @Serenity Games: 6151 Central Ave St Petersburg, FL 33710
    Psh 6 more months till I come back and hold down back on all your asses
  • blood spit nightblood spit night Joined: Posts: 96
    edited February 2013
    anyone down for ST (dreamcast)? or real bout 2 at tampa lanes? i'm considering getting an ST board to put in at lanes. Where is a cvs2 cabinet in tampa? or any sf2 (hyper fighting / super turbo?) cabs besides at lanes?