Welcome

MrWizardMrWizard Supreme CommanderJoined: Posts: 22,134 admin
This is the new forum for matching making for the rest of the world. Feel free to start topics pertaning to parts of the world where you would like to meet up for competition.

Welcome and have fun!
Shoryuken.com

Comments

• mvsc2demonmvsc2demon CaptainCharisma PEEP Joined: Posts: 368
    first to reply in this soon to be good thread n forum :rock:

Aloha to everyone outside US!
    "There is no such thing as an enemy in absolute terms. The enemies we fight are only enemies in relative terms, constantly changing with the times."- The Boss
    studiotraffic referral ID 369835
    (\__/)
    (O.O )
    (>_< ) This is Bunny. Notice her camel toe.
  • Mycah LeonhartMycah Leonhart The Pope of Bootyism Joined: Posts: 1,028
    Wow.......'bout time we had this here lol
    R.I.P. Nate Hunt - Gone but never forgotten.
    Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens.......
    Netplay Fix = http://www.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=214258&p=8269146
  • l337v1n337l337v1n337 ScrubTactics Joined: Posts: 325
    oh snap! where my indian peeps at? ...guys?
    Originally Posted by Tin.
    finally saw a fist of the north star vid.. i have no idea whats going on

all i know is 1p did some stuff and 2p died and then a horse came out and i was like "awww man hi2u horse!"
  • RushDownNinjaRushDownNinja Joined: Posts: 102
    this isnt southwest forums...:confused:
    You got a pretty smile bitch!!....a real pretty smile!..where my money at?...PICK MY SHIT UP...pick my money up!!
  • Raph_StrykerRaph_Stryker Living the Life Joined: Posts: 878
    this isnt southwest forums...:confused:

yeah, H-Town is #1 in the world apparently, keep it up guys.

Edit: Theory - We are probably the only ones who go down this far on this page, so no one will basically ever see this thread, aw well.
    Not too shabby.
  • DutchForceDutchForce Ero-ninja Joined: Posts: 122
    Where all the Dutch ppl at????
    "I want the money. You know what I can do with that money? You don't know what I can do with that money. Man, I can do some thangs with that money" - Quinton "Rampage" Jackson
  • OriginaL_DAOriginaL_DA Fresh Coast Joined: Posts: 1,805
    this isnt where i parked my car..
    Sentinel, Strider, Doom
    Sentinel, Strider, Doom
    Sentinel, Strider, Doom
    My meter never empty..
  • MertMert Yaouchh Seafood Soup Joined: Posts: 377
    Where are all the Sweedish Dershbergs at?
    Let's get real. The only reason I even go on SRK anymore is for the SF2CE thread. True story.
  • mvsc2demonmvsc2demon CaptainCharisma PEEP Joined: Posts: 368
    Any mexicans or latinos out there.
    Houston is showing its southern hospitatlity :rock:
    "There is no such thing as an enemy in absolute terms. The enemies we fight are only enemies in relative terms, constantly changing with the times."- The Boss
    studiotraffic referral ID 369835
    (\__/)
    (O.O )
    (>_< ) This is Bunny. Notice her camel toe.
  • PozerWolfPozerWolf Gummies, yum! ;o Joined: Posts: 8,367 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    mvsc2demon wrote:
    Any mexicans or latinos out there.
    Houston is showing its southern hospitatlity :rock:
    Indeed :rock:
    All I do is draw naked birds all day.
    Twitter; PozerWolf
  • DooMDooM Joined: Posts: 1,036
    DutchForce wrote:
    Where all the Dutch ppl at????

umm here ;) check www.drakenslag.com , but judging by your location itll be hard to arrange something ;)
  • FreddyL0c0FreddyL0c0 Joined: Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    The World Section is a good idea.....Canada being in it isnt though.
    Spencer Dante Hawkeye aka raw tags are the future
    http://www.youtube.com/user/freddyl0c0 (more soon)
  • Archer V2.0Archer V2.0 The Persian Prince Joined: Posts: 5,230
    Seriously, moving Canada out of our home forums is severe bullshit. Why is canada being treated like this?

We've been in our respective forums, establishing a community with our Provinces' American neighbours, setting up tournies, etc... and now you move us all to some wacked out forum where we cant even announce tournies with relative ease to the Americans who are practically in our gaming community?

The world thread is a good idea, but maybe for people OUTSIDE OF NORTH AMERICA. Why restrict the other boards to only people in the U.S.A? WHAT LED YOU TO THE CONCLUSION THAT HAVING CANADA IN THE SAME BOARD AS U.S.A CAUSED SOME SORT OF A DISTURBANCE?

This is a VERY bad idea. frankly, I rather be on the same board with Americans who are near the province I live in, so I can talk to them and let them know of any tournies with relative ease and minimal posts, rather than being on a board with Canadians who I will be playing no more than maybe once a year.

Way to begin systimatically tearing our communities we have established, apart.
    Doo Doo Doooooooooooo
  • PrydePryde Super Moderator Joined: Posts: 907 mod
    Archer V2.0: I understand your anger, but I believe originally the whole NW, NE, Pacific, etc regions were set up for Apex, but now that Apex no longer exists, the admins decided that Canada should be in the World Region. We never said that having Canada and USA was some sorta "disturbance". This is not intend to disrespect Canada in anyway. You guys still can post in the Northwest section and set up matches, tournies, etc, but it just might require a double post, which is fine. What's so hard about that? or You can just PM or IM each other. or u can do it properly and just post it over in the tourney section.
    Resist everything, but temptation
    What's so hard about double posting you ask?
    well,
    What's so hard about leaving us in our forums so we dont have to?
    Doo Doo Doooooooooooo
  • FreddyL0c0FreddyL0c0 Joined: Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    bah no need to go all crazy on the issue. Its always been a matter of the US vs the World anyways right hehehe.

see the only reason that i found this odd, is cause now, canadian CITIES will post with other COUNTRIES. So what happens if the countrie's cities start having their own threads. ok sure, that would mean that the fighting game community is "expanding", and anyways, what i just said doesnt seem like a very likely scenario.

It just feels and sounds wrong, but im guessin it might be a matter of simply getting used to it.....
    Spencer Dante Hawkeye aka raw tags are the future
    http://www.youtube.com/user/freddyl0c0 (more soon)
    no, it's a matter of us not giving in, and fighting for our place back into the boards we belong in. It ISN'T USA vs the world.

This is NOT something we can "get used to". I've been comming here for over 4 years, and this is the biggest fucking mistake you guys could ever make. taking Canada out of the forums we established communities within? That's fucking bullshit.

"What's so hard about double posting you ask?
    well,
    What's so hard about leaving us in our forums so we dont have to?"

IM STILL WAITING FOR AN ANSWER.
    Doo Doo Doooooooooooo
  • nanitaberunanitaberu Friendly Robber of Tokens Joined: Posts: 1,812
    BC > SoCal, Boston, and Seattle.

Hello World.
    team
    n : a group on the same side, as in a game

mack
    n : a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric

stallion
    n : an adult male horse that has not been castrated, especially one kept for breeding

"Okay I'm gonna go masturbate, ttyl!!" - ATM SpiderTao
  • Nagata Lock IINagata Lock II Godfather Of The GTASF Joined: Posts: 5,967
    While I don't think I'd express my dislike for this decision as bluntly as Archer, his main point has merit to it. There was no necessity to move the Canadian related topics to a World Discussion group. We've spent a fair amount of time establishing connections with communities close to our borders and it was easy to take a look at threads for NYC, RI, Philly, etc... (being from the Greater Toronto Area). Now it's just extra moving around the forums and extra posting (which we've always been told to reduce as redundant threads cause extra traffic on an already stressed site) when everything could have been left as status quo without any problems.

The idea of a World Forum has strong merit but in the end, Canada and the US really should have been kept as one entity and the rest of the countries/continents have this forum for their own devices. I'd very much like the moderators and administrators to reconsider what is generally being considered a poor decision with no input from the players who have been frequenting these forums for a few years now.
    Canadian eSports Events Co-Ordinator.
    Canadian Gaming Community Discord: https://discord.gg/Q82vTdk
    Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/NagataLockII
    Facebook: http://facebook.com/nagatalockii
    Words to live by: DON'T FALL FOR HIS GIMMICKS!
  • KenMastersKenMasters Aegis Reflector Joined: Posts: 1,637
    I definitely agree with archer and nagata lock seeings as they are 1337 members of our canadian sf scene their opinions make a lot of sense

British columbia is closer to seattle then it is to britain or japan so why force us to be a part of the world fighting game scene when the american borders are just a few minutes away.

PUT US BACK WHERE WE WERE BABY!!

this site was created to bring SF players together its kinda like democracy a governemnt for the people by the people

a SF community by the SF players for the SF players

if those players inputs arent even asked or acknowledged whats the point?

no one likes to admit they are wrong or to have made a bad decision but i think the moderators should swallow their pride and respect the players wishes.

k thx bye
    wenis power
  • GKR-KangdaGKR-Kangda HUE Joined: Posts: 593
    The american government doesnt want canadiens to talk to americans. They dont want us going done to play video games.

In america video games = violent crime. So if we play video games. and we arent from america. and we goto america to PLAY these video games. we are creating violent crime. foreign violent crime = terrorism.

So america doesnt want terrorists like us.

i dunno. that didnt make too much sense.

how about this

PUT IS BACK IN NORTHWeST YOU MOTHERFUCKERS

GEEaARRGGHHHGHGHHH!!
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    The rest of the world, eh???

Anyways I think this matters more out east than it does back west.

Tourney in downtown Canada in 2 weeks, folks.
  • PreppyPreppy act like you're used to it Joined: Posts: 13,925 admin
    Since I was asked to chime in:
    It's too early for me to really have a feel for this. I think there's a great natural affinity across the US border, though. Seattle and BC are much more related than BC and Ontario or BC and Mexico. There's a number of Mexicans who've contact me about wanting US (socal) players to come to their tourneys. And etc.
    BC would be much more interested in Seattle tourneys (and vice versa) than in Ontario tourneys... the same is true for other regions.

Overall, it's a little weird, but I see why it's been done.

http://zachd.com/mvc2 : My giant archive of fighting game videos, centered around MvC2.
    "If you don't feel like killing yourself every time you lose you will never be good. Apologyman is going to be a monster someday as long as he keeps staying miserable." --Brightside6382

• Crayz PenguinCrayz Penguin Harness The Mushroom Joined: Posts: 2,018
    While I don't think I'd express my dislike for this decision as bluntly as Archer, his main point has merit to it. There was no necessity to move the Canadian related topics to a World Discussion group. We've spent a fair amount of time establishing connections with communities close to our borders and it was easy to take a look at threads for NYC, RI, Philly, etc... (being from the Greater Toronto Area). Now it's just extra moving around the forums and extra posting (which we've always been told to reduce as redundant threads cause extra traffic on an already stressed site) when everything could have been left as status quo without any problems.

The idea of a World Forum has strong merit but in the end, Canada and the US really should have been kept as one entity and the rest of the countries/continents have this forum for their own devices. I'd very much like the moderators and administrators to reconsider what is generally being considered a poor decision with no input from the players who have been frequenting these forums for a few years now.
    exactlty...
    GKR-Kangda wrote:
    The american government doesnt want canadiens to talk to americans. They dont want us going done to play video games.

In america video games = violent crime. So if we play video games. and we arent from america. and we goto america to PLAY these video games. we are creating violent crime. foreign violent crime = terrorism.

So america doesnt want terrorists like us.

i dunno. that didnt make too much sense.

how about this

PUT IS BACK IN NORTHWeST YOU MOTHERFUCKERS

GEEaARRGGHHHGHGHHH!!
    :rofl: :rofl:
    "My fist will be in your ass before it even hits my face."
    - Legendary Johnson Bros.

Hookahs not Bazookas!
    I think they should make Canadian provinces seperate regions, and categorize American threads with the rest of the world.
    team

mack

stallion
    n : an adult male horse that has not been castrated, especially one kept for breeding

• ATM SPIDERTAOATM SPIDERTAO A Hero Superior... ATM SPIDERTAO Joined: Posts: 4,153
    PENIS POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

let me just say this

there is not a SINGLE PERSON OUT THERE

who can beat me in a best of 7 set in all of mvc2, cvs2, third strike AND ARM WRESTLING!!!!

THAT IS MY STATEMENT, AND I WILL STAND BY IT!!!! IN ALL OF THE WORLD.. I CLAIM THAT: I AM THE SUPREME MASTER OF ALL OF THOSE COMBINED!!!!

ohhhh, there be a plenty of players who can beat me in many of those three games... but to do that AND beat me in arm wrestling.... fuck i'll throw in ping pong in there too just so i can narrow down my potential of defeat!

i challenge the world to this... i pray that i am correct in my statement
    To be the greatest...

ATM SPIDERTAO
    XBOXLIVE gamertag: ATM SPIDERTAO
  • AneurysmXAneurysmX wryr wyry wryyyy.... Joined: Posts: 1,041
    LOL SpiderTao at it again.

forget ping pong, I challenge u in mahjong
    There are only 3 things u can do when I come down there and whoop your ass! 1 nothing, 2 like it, 3 activate Genei Jin.
  • ATM SPIDERTAOATM SPIDERTAO A Hero Superior... ATM SPIDERTAO Joined: Posts: 4,153
    LOLOL is it wrong that i don't know how to play majong?!?!?!?!?

what kinda chinaman am i you people ask???

THE GOOD LOOKING KIND!!!!

OHHHHHHH SNAP!!! HAHAHA SYYYKING i'm syking
    To be the greatest...

ATM SPIDERTAO
  • KenMastersKenMasters Aegis Reflector Joined: Posts: 1,637
    tao your such a syker
    wenis power
  • lotuslotus Puddin Pops Joined: Posts: 1,573
    they should hand you an award just for being tao
    Foster and polish
    The warior spirit
    While serving in the world;
    Illuminate the path
    According to your inner light.
  • EndlessEndless Death Before Dishonour Joined: Posts: 2,021
    OHH CANNNAAADAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    OUR HOMEEEEE ANNDDD NAAATIVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE LAAAAAAAAAAANDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!
    TRUEEE PATRIOT LOVEEEEEE IN ALLL THY SONS COMMANNNNDDDDDDD!!!
    WITH GLOWING HEARTS WEE SEEE THEEE RIGHTTTTS
    THEEE TRUEE NORTH STRONNGGGG AND FREEEEEEEEEEEE
    FROM FARRR AND WIDEEEE OHHH CANNNAADAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!
    WEE STAND ON GUARD FORRR THEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!
    GOD KEEEPP OUR LAAANNNDDDDDDDDDDD!!!
    GLORIOUS AND FREEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    OHHHH CANANAANANANANNDAAA WE STAND ON GUARD FOR THEEE!!!
    OOOOOOHHHHH CAAAAAANNNAAAADAAA WEEEE STAND ON GUARD, FOR THEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<= Canadian living in the US.

ps. Canada > US
    in terms of land

canada's the second biggest country on earth

the biggest being MY PENIS!
    To be the greatest...

ATM SPIDERTAO
    Tao = Asian
    Tao claims he has large penis

DOES. NOT. COMPUTE.
    Doo Doo Doooooooooooo
    have you ever seen his penis?
    Foster and polish
    The warior spirit
    Illuminate the path
    and the joke TOTALLY flies by Roy.

WOOSH.
    Doo Doo Doooooooooooo
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    I thought the entire point of having the "World" section is so that people who are traveling or living outside of North America won't have to post in Fighting Game Discussion with threads like "who plays #$%&#$%& in #%$#&" to find people to game with. With the way this section is setup right now, you might as well change the section name to "Canada: Discussion & Matchmaking" because pretty much every thread on the first page is Canada related and it's not making it easy to find threads pertaining to the rest of the world.
    what Calpis Soda said!
    Doo Doo Doooooooooooo
    Canada should assimilate California and New York

Then the USA would be completely useless.
  • Clear SkyClear Sky Wolf Shirt Joined: Posts: 3,301
    Pocari brought up a good point, but it's just not one page. Look at the total amount of pages full of threads, and you'll see 90% of them are all canadian. So much for the forum "representing" the world.

Whatever though I guess, if the SRK admins really cared, they would of already did something, or dare I say, say something.
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFQA-KTzaPA
    Jazzy NYC '99!
    Team Wack
    i didn't get what ryan said........

BUT HAHAHAHA
    fuck you navid... my joke is awesome!
    To be the greatest...

ATM SPIDERTAO
    Steven Harper is going to conquer the US in no time.
    team

mack

stallion

awkward!!11 :sweat:
    Foster and polish
    The warior spirit
    Illuminate the path
    ^ to the MAXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111one
    ya ok FAGGOT ENDLESS
    ^ ROFLCOPTER!!!!!!!!!1111eleven

TO THE MAXXXXXXXXXXXXXX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111
    lol i don't get it!!!
    To be the greatest...

ATM SPIDERTAO
  • ToyRobotTerrorToyRobotTerror Magnificent Bastard Joined: Posts: 2,078
    Mert wrote:
    Where are all the Sweedish Dershbergs at?
    www.bitterharmony.com
    Fuck skrulls