Ultimate Dante Combo Thread. Jackpot! Yeah baby!

MomochuuMomochuu Little ♥ MonsterJoined: Posts: 14,430
nMiX5.png
Notation:
:l: ~ Light Attack
:m: ~ Medium Attack
:h: ~ Heavy Attack
:s: ~ Launcher/Special Button
:s:atk: ~ Bold Jump/Bold Cancel
:atk:~:atk: ~ Attack cancelled into another attack. (Example: Launcher cancelled into Clay Pidgeon cancelled into Prop Shredder, or Volcano cancelled into Beehive. Not used for inputs like Hammer (j.:qcf::l::l:) where Killer Bee does not have to hit for Hammer to come out or cause the property of the move to be changed, unlike Volcano~Beehive where Volcano OTGs for Beehive to connect)
:a1: ~ Assist Button 1
:a2: ~ Assist Button 2
:atk::atk: ~ Two Attacks
cr. ~ Crouching
j. ~ Airborne
sj. ~ Airborne Via Superjump
XF ~ X-Factor Cancel
DHC ~ Delayed Hyper Combo
NO MASHABLE SUPERS ARE MASHED FOR ADDITIONAL DAMAGE.

Tips:

A general rule in Dante combos is that if a combo uses the wall bounce on Stinger ( :f::h: ) and they are very far away from the wall in the corner, you have to perform Stinger followed by Bold Cancelling into Air Trick. For tips on that, refer to this thread. That thread will also help you with the Skydance linked into Beehive ground bounce resets that the advanced combos use.

Basic Combos:

[ Day 1 Ultimate ] - :l::m::h: :f::h: :s:atk: :dp::m: j.:m: j.:h: j.:qcf::l: :s:~:h: j.:qcf::l::l: :df::h::h::h: :f::h:
:s:atk: :d::d::s: j.:s:/j.:qcf::l::l: :dp::m:~:m: :qcf::atk::atk:- 638,000 Damage View

Meter used: 1 [Builds about 1.1 bar]
Use: Anywhere except where you are too close to a wall and [:f::h: :s:atk: :d::d::s: j.:s:/j.:qcf::l::l:] will not work. In those cases, take out the [:f::h: :s:atk: :d::d::s:] and just do [:f::h: :s:atk: j.:s:/j.:qcf::l::l:] mid-jump.
Notes: Day 1 Ultimate combo. Use this on small characters like Viewtiful Joe, Rocket Raccon, and (strangely) Frank West. Uses the ground bounce extremely early in the combo. Use this on small characters only. Remember to do the Hyper at the end BEFORE the last hit of Beehive hits.

[ Get back! ] - j.:s:/j.:qcf::l::l::df::h::h::h:~:s: j.:qcf::l::l: :df::h::h::h: :f::h: :s:atk: :d::d::s: j.:qcf::l::l: :dp::m:~:m: :dp::m:~:m: :qcf::atk::atk: - 515,400 Damage View

Meter used: 1 [Builds .95 bar]
Use: Anywhere.
Notes: Builds slightly more meter than the optimal post j.:s:/Hammer combo but does less damage.

[ Anti- Air ] - :m::s: j.:h: j.:qcf::l: :s:~:h:~:s: j.:qcf::l::l: :df::h::h::h: :f::h: :s:atk: j.:qcf::l::l: :dp::m:~:m: :qcf::l::l: :qcf::atk::atk: - 616,600 Damage View

Meter used: 1 [Builds .8 bar]
Notes: Beginner anti-air combo with standing :m:. Same rules as first combo in the thread apply. If too far from the wall, after the wall bounce Stinger, do :s:atk: :d::d::s:.

Intermediate Combos:

[ Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom BnB ] - :l::m::h: :f::h: :s:atk: :dp::m: j.:h: j.:qcf::m: j.:h: :s:~:h:~:s: j.:qcf::l::l: :dp::m:~:m: :b::atk::atk: :s:~:h: :f::h: :s:atk: j.:qcf::l::l: :dp::m:~:m: :qcf::atk::atk:- 657,000 Damage View

Meter used: 1 [Builds about 1.3 bar]
Use: Anywhere
Notes: This is the base of your BnBs in Ultimate. This combo is ideal because it doesn't use the ground bounce as early in the combo as the day 1 combo, builds more meter, and does more damage. To make this combo easier, hold forward through the entire j.:h: j.:qcf::m: j.:h: :s:part to inch your way closer to your opponent throughout the combo. Everything else is fairly basic. Don't forget to backdash after the first Volcano~Beehive and cancel the backdash with a :s:. The backdash is necessary to place Dante in the correct position for Stinger to connect after Clay Pidgeon. If you're in the corner and you don't opt for the combo below, jump back while performing j.:h: j.:qcf::m: j.:h:. Remember to do the Hyper before the last hit of Beehive like always.

[ Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom BnB (Corner Version) ] - :l::m::h: :f::h: :s:atk: :dp::m: j.:h: j.:qcf::m: j.:h: :h::s: j.:h: j.:qcf::l: :b::atk::atk: :s:~:h: :f::h: :s:atk: j.:qcf::l::l: :dp::m:~:m: :qcf::atk::atk:- 689,600 Damage View

Meter used: 1 [Builds about 1.1 bar]
Use: Corner.
Notes: More damaging variation on the Ultimate BnB that builds slightly less meter. Perform the last j.H of the air series after Volcano as late as you can so you can link st.H after it.

[ Acid Rain 1 ] :l::m::h: :f::h: :s:atk: :dp::m: j.:h: j.:qcf::m: j.:h: :s:~:h:~:s: :qcf::l::l: :qcf::l::l: :s: j.:s: :df::h::h::h: :f::h: :s:atk: j.:qcf::l::l: :dp::m:~:m: :f::h: :dp::m:~:m: :qcf::atk::atk:- 667,100 Damage View

Meter used: 1 [Builds about 1.7 bar]
Notes: Acid Rain loop with 2 Acid Rains. Jump cancel the Prop Shredder into the Acid Rain by essentially doing :qcf::uf::l::l:. Try putting the target at the tip of the Prop Shredder when you do this. When performing this in the corner, jump back while doing j.:h: j.:qcf::m: j.:h:. as always.

[ Acid Rain 2 ] - :l::m::h: :f::h: :s:atk: :dp::m: j.:h: j.:qcf::m: j.:h: :s:~:h:~:s: :qcf::l::l: j.:h: j.:s: :dp::m:~:m: :b::atk::atk: :s:~:h: :f::h: :s:atk: j.:qcf::l::l: :dp::m::m: :qcf::atk::atk: 656,900 Damage View

Meter used: 1 [Builds about 1.5 bar]
Notes: Acid Rain loop with 1 Acid Rain. Much easier to do than the above combo. It doesn't do as much damage or build as much meter though.

[ "Get Back!" 2 ] - j.:s:/j.:qcf::l::l: :dp::m: j.:m: j.:h: j.:qcf::l: :b::atk::atk: :s:~:h: :f::h: :s:atk: j.:qcf::l::l: :dp::m:~:m: :qcf::atk::atk: - 684,5000 Damage View

Meter used: 1 [Builds about .8 of a bar]
Notes: Optimal combo after a j.S or Hammer hit confirm. The Volcano must be done extremely soon after the j.:s:/j.:qcf::l::l:. If not, the HSD timer is too much and the Killer Bee will probably whiff. If you're late on your hit confirm, just go with the normal [ Get Back! ] combo instead.

[ Anti-Air 2 ] - :m::h::s: j.:h: j.:qcf::l: :b::atk::atk: :s:~:h: :f::h: :s:atk: j.:qcf::l::l: :dp::m:~:m: :qcf::atk::atk: View

Meter used: 1
Notes: Anti-Air standing :m: combo but more damage and more meter built. Pretty much the same as before except the hitstun isn't as hard to deal with because the lack of a Prop Shredder in the combo.

Advanced Combos:

(most combos here require you to use the ground bounce reset, again for help with that read over this thread a bit: Dante Technical/Help Thread.)

[ Sky Dance ~ Beehive Ground Bounce Reset Solo ] - :l::m::h: :f::h: :s:atk: :dp::m: j.:h: j.:qcf::m: j.:h: :s:~:h:~:s: :qcf::l::l: j.:h: j.:qcf::l::l: :dp::m:~:m: :b::atk::atk: :s:~:h: :f::h: :s:atk: j.:qcf::h: :dp::m::m: :f::h: :dp::m:~:m: :qcf::atk::atk: - 675,100 Damage View

Meter used: 1 [builds about 1.8 bar]
Notes: Remember to let the opponent fall as low as possible to backdash then launcher. With assists this combo can be extremely lethal and extended even more. More on that later.

[ Sky Dance ~ Beehive Ground Bounce Reset Solo 2 ] - :l::m::h: :f::h: :s:atk: :dp::m:j.:h: j.:qcf::m: j.:h: :h::s: j.:h: j.:qcf::m: j.:h: j.:qcf::l: :b::atk::atk: :s:~:h: :f::h: :s:atk: j.:qcf::h: :dp::m::m: :f::h: :dp::m:~:m: :qcf::atk::atk: - 698,700 Damage View

Meter used: 1 [builds about 1.4 bar]
Notes: More damaging variation on the solo Sky Dance ~ Beehive ground bounce reset combo.

[ Clay Pidgeon Loop ] - :l::m::h: :f::h: :s:atk: :dp::m: j.:m::h: j.:qcf::m: j.:h: :s:~:h:h::h::h::h:(xN) :f::h: :s:atk: :d::d::s: j.:qcf::l::l: :dp::m:~:m: :dp::m:~:m: :qcf::atk::atk: View

Meter used: 1 [meter build varies]
Notes: Builds more meter than the single shot loops but does less damage because of the lower number of :s: attacks and more scaling because of the number of shots. On smaller characters you can only do about 2 before they're too far away to launch again.

[ Clay Pidgeon Loop 2 ]

:l::m::h: :f::h: :s:atk: :dp::m: j.:m::h: j.:qcf::m: j.:h: :s:~:h: (xN) :f::h: :s:atk: :d::d::s: j.:qcf::l::l: :dp::m:~:m: :dp::m:~:m: :qcf::atk::atk: View

Meter used: 1 [meter build varies]
Notes: More damaging than the full shot loops but less meter. Delay the first shot to do the entire loop. Delaying the first shot is essential to not having Prop Shredder come out instead of a normal :s:.

[Midscreen Dash Up S Acid Rain] - :l::m::h: :f::h: :s:atk: :dp::m: j.:h: j.:qcf::m: j.:h: :f::f: :s:~:h:~:s: :qcf::l::l: j.:h: j.:qcf::l::l: :dp::m:~:m: :b::atk::atk: :s:~:h:f::h: :s:atk: :d::d::s: j.:qcf::l::l: IAD j.:m: :dp::m:~:m: :qcf::atk::atk: - 659,200 Damage

Meter used: 1 [builds about 1.6 bar]
Use: Fullscreen, midscreen.
Notes: Carries to the corner and uses the hitstun from j.:h: to dash up and launcher, putting you in a better position to Acid Rain after the Prop Shredder. After the Stinger, Teleport, Hammer, IAD j.M is used to put the opponent back in the corner. Completely optional, it is a pretty tight link. You have to IAD (instant air dash) really fast and pretty much buffer the Volcano~Beehive during it.

[Midscreen Dash Up into Killer Bee Relaunch] - :l::m::h: :f::h: :s:atk: :dp::m: j.:h: j.:qcf::m: j.:h: :f::f: :s: j.:m: j.:h: j.:qcf::l: :b::atk::atk: :s:~:h:h::h::h::h: :f::h: :s:atk: :d::d::s: j.:qcf::l::l: :dp::m:~:m: :qcf::atk::atk: - 682,500 damage

Meter used: 1 [builds about 1.2 bar]
Use: Anywhere
Notes: More damaging dash up st.:s: combo. Builds less more than the Acid Rain variation.
Dante Combo Thread | Youtube Channel | Dante Tech Thread | @HelloKarinachuu
UMvC3: Morrigan (α)/Dante (α)/ Doctor Doom (β)| Persona 4 Arena: Mitsuru/Shadow Labrys
XBL Gamertag: Hello Momomo

Comments

• MomochuuMomochuu Little ♥ Monster Joined: Posts: 14,430
    Assist Combos:

[ Dante/Vergil ]
    UMvC3: Morrigan (α)/Dante (α)/ Doctor Doom (β)| Persona 4 Arena: Mitsuru/Shadow Labrys
    Alright, I'm going to leave this thread like this for the night and update tomorrow with more damage/meter values. It's so late right now and I'm so tired that I can barely perform these combos and it's very frustrating.

Also, if you don't mind, post your assist specific combos and if it's good I'll put it in the OP when I update again. I'll also be adding videos of every combo when I get my HD PVR sometime next week or so.
  • maziodynemaziodyne Demi-Fiend Joined: Posts: 7,746
    Corner, 2 Assists (Bolts of Balthakk, Hidden Missiles), ~810k damage

IAD j.H, st.M, st.H ~ Stinger bc Volcano, jump back, j.H xx Airplay, j.H, S ~ Clay Pigeon ~ Prop Shredder SJC Acid Rain, Volcano JC j.S, Volcano ~ Beehive, Cold Shower ~ Stinger (wallbounce) bc Sky Dance (reset), Beehive, Stinger (call HM assist) bc Jet Stream ~ Fireworks, jump Sky Dance (reset), Beehive, Stinger (call Bolts assist) bc Volcano ~ Beehive xx Million Dollars

if the last hit of Sky Dance whiffs (after Hidden Missiles assist hits):
    ...Acid Rain, Volcano, j.S, Volcano ~ Beehive xx Million Dollars
  • J.DJ.D EVO Staff Joined: Posts: 4,492 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Here's a repost from something I wrote in the other thread.
    Its a post on the twins as a duo.

I didn't invent any of this, I just pieced together stuff from different posts, so all the credit goes to you all. I love this duo, they can do massive damage in any order, but I prefer Dante on point. DHC to Spiral swords help Dante deliver 1 mill damage rather easily with 1 starting meter.

Rapid Slash is also in my opinion the best assist for Dante's combos and block strings.
    Sentinel might also be just as good, but I personally think that Vergil is a much better character, therefore, your team is a lot stronger.

Rapid Slash has so many uses, and makes things easier like the charge shot loop or Nini's acid rain reset. The twins are so great together that you can use any character you like as your anchor without losing potential from them.

Here's a rundown of some of the things that this team can do.
    Feel free to add anything I might have missed. I know there are more combos that can be done with an extra assist, but I will stick to only 2 meter Dante/Vergil combos for consistency.

The beginning for most of them is the same, and its the usual, :l: :m: :h: Stinger, Bold Cancel, Volcano unless pointed otherwise. You can add extra damage by starting your combos with s. :m:

Combo 1

Beginning, j. :m: j. :h: , :qcf: + :l: (Killer Bee), :s: :h: (UpShots) :s: (Pop Shredder), Jump, :qcf: + :l: :l: (Hammer), Land, Cold Shower + Vergil , j. :s: , Cold Shower, Stinger, Bold Cancel, :qcf: + :h: (Skydance), Million Dollars, DHC to Spiral Swords, :dp: + :m: (Lunar Phase) x3. - 930k-945k Damage

Meter: Builds 1.2 bars
    Use: Corner, Middle screen
    Notes: This combo is very easy and practical. One of its best qualities is that you can start it from mid screen because you can wave dash twice before the first OTG, and you can also dash forward in the air before the j :s:.

If you happen to already be on the corner, you can input an acid rain while Vergil hits, and then either go for a s :s: j :s: to continue the combo, or go for Nini's reset with a teleport.
    This combo is perfect to TOD those annoying point characters such as Zero, Magneto, Dr Strange, Vergil, Trish, Hawkeye etc

Combo 2
    j. :m: + Vergil's Assist , j :h: , Land, Super Jump, :qcf: :l: :l: (Hammer), Cold Shower, :s: (Pop Shredder), Jump, :qcf: :l: :l: (Hammer), :dp: + :m: (Volcano) :m: (Beehive), Dash back, :s:, 2 shots, Stinger, Bold Cancel, :qcf: + :h: (Sky Dance), :dp: + :m: :m: (Beehive), Stinger, Bold Cancel, :dp: + :m: (Volcano) :m: (BeeHive) - 450k-465k Damage

Meter: Builds 1.1 bars
    Use: Incoming character in the corner
    Notes: I use this as an incoming character mixup. If the incoming character blocks the first part, Vergil will set him up for a nice block string in the corner.
    You can do many different things because Vergil gives a lot of time.
    If you do land a hit, I don't think its worth using more than 1 meter, so I would usually cancel the last part into Devil Trigger and go for a mixup.

Combos 3 to 7 end like this:
    Million Dollars, DHC to Spiral Swords as soon as the jackpot shot hits, :dp: + :m: (Lunar Phase) x2 (hold M during the second one), cr. :h:, Stinger (cause a wall bounce and a side switch), release Round Trip, cr :h: , :qcf: + :l: (Judgement Cut) , cr :h: , :dp: + :m: (Lunar Phase), High Time.

Combo 3
    Beginning, j. :m: j. :h: , :qcf: + :l: (Killer Bee), :s: :h: (UpShots) :s: (Pop Shredder), :qcf::uf: :l: :l: (Acid Rain), j. :m: j. :s: , Dash, Cold Shower + Vergil's assist, normal vertical jump, :qcf:+ :h: (Sky Dance), last hit should whiff, :qcf: + :l: :l: (Acid Rain) , :dp: + :m: (Volcano), Jump, :qcf: + :h: (Sky Dance), ENDING - 1-1.1 Million Damage

Meter: Builds 1.4 bars
    Use: Corner
    Notes: This is one of the many options you have for high health characters, add an extra sword loop at the ending for thor and tron.

Combo 4
    Beginning, j. :m: j. :h: , :qcf: + :l: (Killer Bee), Dash Back, :s:, wait a little, 8 Shots, :s: , 8 shots + Vergil's assist during the last 3 shots, super jump . :qcf: + :h: (Sky Dance), ENDING 98k-1 Mill

Meter: Builds 1.1 bars
    Use: Corner only
    Notes: This combo is also very easy to do. I personally can't land a wall bounce consistently out of a shots loop in the corner, so this made things a lot easier. This is yet another go to for high health characters.

Combo 5
    Beginning, j. :h: :qcf: + :m: (Air Play) j. :h: :qcf: :l: (Killer Bee), :s:, j :m: j. :m: j. :h: :qcf: :h: (Sky Dance), Last hit should whiff, :qcf: + :l: :l: (Acid Rain), :dp: + :m: (Volcano), J. :s:, Cold Shower + Vergil's Assist, Vertical jump, :qcf: + :h: (Sky Dance), Last hit should whiff, :qcf: + :l: :l: (Acid Rain), :dp: + :m: (Volcano), jump, :qcf: + :h: (Sky Dance), ENDING. - 1-1.1 Million Damage

Notes: Rogueyoshi's old set up with Ultimate additions. This combo is harder than the one above and it does around the same damage. I personally think this is just for the flash, but it does look really nice when you pull it off.

Combo 6
    Beginning, j. :m: j. :h: , :qcf: + :l: (Killer Bee), :s: :h: (UpShots) :s: (Pop Shredder), :qcf::uf: :l: :l: (Acid Rain), j. :m:, :qcf: + :h: (Sky Dance), ENDING - 920k-935k Damage

Meter: Builds 1 bar
    Use: Corner to Corner
    Notes: The ending for this combo is the same as 4 and 5, but with a slight difference, and that is that you have to use a front teleport to get close to the opponent. There's no tricky timing for it, all you have to do is to DHC right after the jackpot shot is out, and then go after it with the teleport.

There's something you can do to add a little bit of extra damage, and make it look flashier.
    Lets pretend that the Pop Shredder is a clock in the wall, if the opponent is caught between 10:30 - 11:00, then its possible to have the sky dance whiff the last hit.
    Once it does, you can do an Acid Rain/Volcano link, jump and go for another Sky Dance.

This makes it look a lot flashier, but it doesn't really add that much damage (around 8k-10k), so I would advice to play it safe and go for the simpler version.

Combo 7
    Beginning, j. :h: :qcf: + :m: (Air Play) j. :h: s.:h: s.:s: jump, j.:m:, double jump j.:h:, :qcf: + :l: (Killer Bee), s.:s: + Vergil's Assist, :h: (One Shot), Super Jump, :qcf: + :h: (Sky Dance), ENDING. - 1-1.1 Million Damage

Notes: Most basic combo for high health characters. Very practical, very damaging.

Combo 8
    Beginning, j. :h: , :qcf: + :m: (Air Play), j. :h: , s. :h: , Cold Shower, Pop Shredder, :qcf: :uf: + :l: :l: (Acid Rain), j. :m: + Vergil's Rapid Slash, :qcf: + :l: :l: (Hammer), Acid Rain, Devil Trigger (right after all the first hits connect), s. :s: (hold it) , :qcf:+ :l: :l: (Acid Rain), s. :s: j. :s: , OTG (Volcano, Million Catarats or Twister) into Million Dollars. - 730k-755k Damage

Meter: Builds .8 Bar
    Notes: I saw Yipes use this in a long set against Nerdjosh in Arturo's stream. It doesn't do a lot of damage, so its not a clean TOD without a 3rd meter, but if your opponent has taken a couple of hits, its great to use this, because you are given really good position to mixup the incoming a character, with just enough DT to use a couple of thunderbolts to mixup, yet not enough to prevent you from building meter if you do land a combo.

Combo 9
    Beginning, j. :h: , :qcf: + :m: (Air Play), j. :h: , s. :h: , Cold Shower, Pop Shredder, :qcf: :uf: + :l: :l: (Acid Rain), j. :m: + Vergil's Rapid Slash, :qcf: + :l: :l: (Hammer), :qcf: + :m: :m: (Million Cataracts), wait a little, dash back, s.:s: :h: (One Shot), Stinger (Wall Bounce), Bold Cancel, :qcf: + :m: :m: (Million Cataracts), Stinger, Bold Cancel, :dp: + :m: (Volcano) :m: (BeeHive), Stinger, Bold Cancel, :dp: + :m: (Volcano) :m: (BeeHive), Million Dollars 710-740 Damage

Meter: Builds 1.3 Bars
    Notes: Another Yipes goodie, its a great meter builder and can TOD low health chars if you DHC, just remember you've already used both your wall bounce and ground bounce.

Lastly, here's a video I made showcasing some of the combos above and other goodies.

That's all I have for now, I hope this has been helpful to any Twin mains out there.
    Fight For The Future!!
  • CatspawCatspaw Victoly!! Joined: Posts: 17
    Here's a couple of solid combos from the previous thread and across youtube. They're relatively high damage, self-sustaining and not too difficult to perform:

Shoutout to darksim ~
    (Midscreen BnB, 740k, 1.1B+, 1B-)
    j.H, M, H, Stinger xx BC Volcano, j.H, Airplay j.H, dash F xx S, j.M, j.H, Killer Bee, S ~ Clay Pigeon ~ Stinger xx (BC Teleport) Hammer, Volcano ~ Beehive xx Million Dollars
    Notes: Perform the BC Teleport if you're not in the corner, otherwise just bold move and hammer

(Acid Rain BnB, 720k 1.5B+, 1B-)
    j.H, M, H, Stinger xx BC Volcano xx j.H, Air Play, j.H, dash F xx S ~ Clay Pigeon ~ Prop Shredder xx Acid Rain xx j.S, Cold Shower ~ Stinger xx (BC Teleport) Hammer, Volcano ~ Beehive, Stinger xx BC Volcano ~ Beehive xx Million Dollars
    Notes: Perform the BC Teleport if you're not in the corner, otherwise just bold move and hammer. You can also replace the ground dash with an air dash after the Air Play instead, but you need to be next to your opponent when you go for the S ~ Clay Pigeon in order for the Acid Rain to loop correctly.

Shoutout to NeroDB ~
    (Acid Rain Loop, 700k+, 2B+, 1B-)
    j.H, M, H, Stinger xx BC Volcano xx j.H, Air Play, j.H, dash F xx S ~ Clay Pigeon ~ Prop Shredder xx Acid Rain xx Acid Rain xx j.S, Cold Shower ~ Stinger xx Bold Move, Sky Dance, Acid Rain xx Volcano, j.S, Volcano ~ Beehive xx Million Dollars
    Notes: Timing on the Acid Rain xx Volcano after the Sky Dance is tight.

Shoutout to Shine3rection ~
    (Corner Hammer to DT, 880k, 0.3B+, 2B-)
    Hammer, Volcano xx j.S, Million Carats xx Devil Trigger, j.S, (call Vergil), Volcano xx j.S, Volcano ~ Beehive, Volcano ~ Beehive xx Million Dollars
    Notes: You can throw in a Cold Shower ~ Stinger xx Bold Move, Hammer right before the two Volcano ~ Beehives. Also there are other assists that work with this combo. Of the top of my head most of the beam assists would probably work, and you could use Vajra and tk 2 volcanos instead of the j.S.
  • AceKillahAceKillah behind the scenes Joined: Posts: 15,811
    Hey everyone play Vergil instead. He's better.
    "Smash is the Walmart of fighting games. There's nothing inherently wrong with Walmart, but damned if I don't want 95% of its clientele to burn to death." -Vynce
  • Nini HeartNini Heart Red Pill Joined: Posts: 6,609

I never knew scrubbier meant better
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    I ♥ Me
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
  • cjaycrcjaycr Joined: Posts: 1,002
    I never knew scrubbier meant better
    All the shots have been fired.

Anywho, aren't there 700kish variations of those Ultimate BnB's solo? IIRC this mid-screen combo does 695k and isn't much harder than what you have for the intermediate section.
    :l::m::h: :f::h: :s:+:atk: :dp::m: j.:h: j.:qcf::m: j. :qcf: :l: 44:s:~:h: Stinger Lvl2 BC Teleport j.:qcf::l::l: :dp::m:~:m: :qcf::atk::atk:
    Invisibility Frames.
    That combo does 665,900 damage. Like I said in the OP, I'm not mashing the supers for more damage. These are just the base damage without mashing.
  • CatspawCatspaw Victoly!! Joined: Posts: 17
    I think the best BnB is probably either of darksim's combos that I posted up earlier. They're easy to do and net well over 700k. The first one is especially easy and does 740k. You can make it even easier by replacing the S ~ Clay Pigeon ~ Stinger with just Cold Shower ~ Stinger after the Killer Bee
    Those combos are already more or less what I have in the OP with a j.H added at the start.
    That combo does 665,900 damage. Like I said in the OP, I'm not mashing the supers for more damage. These are just the base damage without mashing.
    Derp, I can't reed gud.

Here's a flashier variation on one of J.D.'s combos for Dante that allows you to save your groundbounce and wallbounce for the incoming character, in this case Vergil.

Dante Builds 1 Bar, Corner Required, 938,000 Total Damage.
    cr. :l: :m: :h: :f: + :h: :s: + :atk: :dp: :m: j. :h: :qcf: :m: j. :h: st. :m: st. :h: :df: :h: :h: :h: :s: :qcf: :uf: :l: :l: (Acid Rain) st. :m: xx :qcf: :m: :m: (Million Carats) :dp: :m: :m: (Instant Beehive):qcf: :atk: :atk:
    DHC to Spiral Swords (Charge RT)
    :dp: :m: x2 cr. :h: :f: + :h: Release RT cr. :h: :qcf: :l: :dp: :m:

You're left with about .7 of a meter by the end of it so with a little extra meter you can ToD the majority of the cast with another Sword Loop.
    Invisibility Frames.
  • DarksimDarksim Joined: Posts: 896
    Those combos are already more or less what I have in the OP with a j.H added at the start.

Except that they work at midscreen.

EDIT: I'll put the video here.

And as I said below, I think it might be better to neutral jump after the Volcano in the second combo. I don't think it really matters for the first combo, but jump forward anyway.
  • XacherausXacheraus IDGAF Joined: Posts: 1,619
    Good stuff Momo. This thread makes me happy, and I know it'll stay updated.:tup:
  • Hygor L B MarquesHygor L B Marques Victory is my destiny! Joined: Posts: 4
    Using Wall Bounce, Hard and soft knockdown you can lauch the enemy 3 times in air, so... Is possible build a Dante solo combo with over 600k damage with no x-factor or bars?
    New_Dumal.png
  • Soviet AfroSoviet Afro Dead(?) Joined: Posts: 874
    The Prozac Corner combo
    j. :h: :m: :h: :f: + :h: :dp: :m: j. :h: j. :qcf: :m: j. :h: :h: :s: j. :m: j. :h: :qcf: :m: :h::qcf: :l: *Land and backdash* :s: ~ :h: :f: + :h: Bold move :qcf: :h: :dp: :m:~:m: :qcb: :h: ~ :h: xx Million Dollars/Devil Must Die

Builds 1.2 bars, does 515~525k before using meter

This works midscreen if you Dash :s:.... like all of Dante's combos
    1.5~2 bars midscreen... WE IN THERE
    Marvel 3 teams Magneto/Dante/Vergil Magneto/Dormammu/Dante Magneto/Doom/Vergil
    Wow I somehow never thought of doing that. Also I'm still going to update, I'm on vacation right now and will do it as soon as I can.
    XFactor Dante Swag
    XF2~3
    :l: :m: :h: :f:+:h: :dp: :m: j. :h: :qcf: :m: :s: :df: :h::h:~:s: j. :qcf: :l: ~ :l: :df: :h::h: :f: + :h: (bold teleport) :qcf: :l:~:l: :qcf: :m:~:m: :dp: :m:~:m: :s: ~ Max mashed clay pidgeon :qcb: :l: ~:h:
    Does 1.15m in XF-2
    Everyone dies to that in XF-3
  • MrTaoMrTao Joined: Posts: 1
    Hey guys, what are combo's are ya'll doing after hit confirming off of a j.:m: or sj.:m: on an jumping / super jumping opponent?

So far I've been doing j or sj.:m: j.:h::qcf::m::qcf::l: s.:s:~:h: sj.:qcf::l::l: :dp::m:~:m: :qcf::atk::atk:

confirming the air :qcf::m: to air :qcf::l: seems to be much more consistent for me than to do air:qcf::m: j.:h: s.:h: s.:s: to rest of combo. It does less damage but again, seems more consistent.

(btw, first post on SRK. Decided I've been lurking for too long.)
  • All_luckysAll_luckys Joined: Posts: 116
    bump please replace old thread.
  • Kaiten92Kaiten92 Well-Known Pervert Joined: Posts: 12,446
    Wow I somehow never thought of doing that. Also I'm still going to update, I'm on vacation right now and will do it as soon as I can.
    Might I suggest removing st:l: from the combos? It heavily scales the damage

Also, for BC Air Trick after Cold Shower combos, you can cancel jS into Killer Bee to keep the combo going into the corner instead of midscreen
    "Persona 4 Golden has taught me that I need to focus on maxing my S.Link's IRL.
    Too bad I spent like 80+ hours on a Single player game w/ non-existent people and fictional love interests.
    Kind of counterproductive isn't it?

Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • DarksimDarksim Joined: Posts: 896
    For the midscreen dash up S combos that I posted, on floaty characters the charge shots could whiff if they got too high up, the easiest solution I've found thus far is to neutral jump after Volcano, so that the Air Play hits later, allowing the other character to fall closer to the ground. Of course this doesn't matter if you followup the S with sj.mh > Killer Bee etc.
    Also, for BC Air Trick after Cold Shower combos, you can cancel jS into Killer Bee to keep the combo going into the corner instead of midscreen

Or Hammer -> IAD whiff j.M to the other side -> Volcano. Timing might be a bit strict for some, but it does more damage and it also works in xf2/3 where sometimes the Killer Bee won't cross over due to Dante not floating for as long during the startup. Being in x-factor also makes it much easier.
  • MasaBladeMasaBlade Gimme some cover Joined: Posts: 1,066
    that optimal get back combo.. isnt optimal
    zero-a/dante-a/vergil-y
    fuck games
  • SlackerrOneSlackerrOne Joined: Posts: 25
    Hi, I just picked up Dante a little over a week ago. I've been practicing my Bold Cancels and getting them down. (probably 7/10 for volcano right now, maybe 5/10 for teleport), which combo here is a good place to start? And once i've mastered that one, which is the next best one to branch out to? Just trying to find where I should be focusing my energy in the training room for the time being.

Thanks for the help!
    Bump for justice (and thread replacement)
  • RykendawgRykendawg Joined: Posts: 377
    Hey i've been working on a new combo and I cant figure out how to boost the damage right now. Here is the combo.
    s.L, s.M, s.H, (vajra), stinger bc volcano, jump cancel, (air dash to the other side then j.m, land), beehive, backdash, s~h, s~h, s~h xx stinger, bc teleport, j.s, beehive, Million dollars.
    The damages i got were 688,600. 689,900 with hammer after the wall bounce. 699,400 starting with s.M and hammer after the wall bounce.
    Part of it could be because I didn't mash hard enough. Do you guys have any idea how to boost the damage of this?
    GT: IllusionGodfist
    PSN: TheAzureFlash
    Fighter ID: BlueStar

I just saw Yipes pull some really nice twins swag on Arturo's stream.
    It looks really nice and seems fairly easy to do. I can't test it for damage until tomorrow, but it looks like it does somewhere between 870-900k for 2 meters.
    It leaves Dante on point and it does TOD low health characters, which are very common on point.
    You can start it off a beam assist hit confirm too.

:m: :h: :f: + :h: (Stinger) , bold cancel, :dp: + :m: (Volcano), j. :h: , :qcf: + :m: (Air Play), j. :h: , s. :h: , Cold Shower, Pop Shredder, :qcf: :uf: + :l: :l: (Acid Rain), j. :m: + Vergil's Rapid Slash, :qcf: + :l: :l: (Hammer), Acid Rain, Devil Trigger (right after all the first hits connect), s. :s: , :qcf: :uf: + :l: :l: (Acid Rain), s. :s: j. :s: , OTG (Volcano, Million Catarats or Twister) into Million Dollars.

This combo saves both your wall bounce and ground bounce, therefore, if you have the meter, you can DHC into Spiral Swords, and use Vergil's most damaging ending. If you want to DHC with only 2 meters, you can skip the devil trigger part and simply go for a s. :s: j. :s: after the second Acid Rain. I saw Yipes use this to kill Wesker once, but it was after Wesker had already been hit, so I'm not yet sure if this does 1 Mill. If it does, it would become my standard BnB immediately.
    I'll update this post once I test it.
    Fight For The Future!!
    that optimal get back combo.. isnt optimal
    well post the right one then

if it's one with skydance into beehive I haven't added those yet. I use that one too with Sentinel assist.
  • NickRocksNickRocks or whatever Joined: Posts: 22,210
    daaaamn Jocelot be slippin
    King of the Post-09ers
    Last of the Prembers, R.I.P. my nibbas
    Maximilian is a racist thief
    https://clips.twitch.tv/maximilian_dood/DifferentBeeHeyGuys
    well post the right one then

if it's one with skydance into beehive I haven't added those yet. I use that one too with Sentinel assist.
    zero-a/dante-a/vergil-y
    fuck games
  • TimTimTimTim T-T-T-Timmay! Joined: Posts: 1,329
    Lol you know you're late to a thread when you see acid rain bold cancels into tk 4 billion dollar combos.
    But I have a couple of nub questions.
    Is there any way to ease the bold cancel volcano combos? I can do it consistently but I feel like im kinda mashing it and not doing it smoothly.
    Just a lazy prick.
    Lol you know you're late to a thread when you see acid rain bold cancels into tk 4 billion dollar combos.
    But I have a couple of nub questions.
    Is there any way to ease the bold cancel volcano combos? I can do it consistently but I feel like im kinda mashing it and not doing it smoothly.

I don't think there's any other trick other than getting used to it. The only thing to remember is that you have to press BC before the stinger hits to buffer it.
    That's the easiest way.
    Fight For The Future!!
    thread updated a little. if you want to have your assist specific combo in the OP, PLEASE FOLLOW THIS FORMAT:

(combo notation, does not have to be the icons. always start with st.:l: for the most basic damage possible) - xxx,xxx Damage

Meter: x [Builds about x bar]
    Use: (location on the screen)
    Notes: x

thank you. I'll be adding my own assist specific sentinel combos to the OP sooner or later. I wanted to have my HD PVR sometime soon so I still will be adding those vids as well.
    Nigga asks for the right combo then doesn't even add it.
    zero-a/dante-a/vergil-y
    fuck games
    because there is no notation for it anywhere and it used assists. I haven't added those combos yet.
    because there is no notation for it anywhere and it used assists. I haven't added those combos yet.
    You can easily replace the zero assist with a simple hammer, the point is to show that the shot loops are the optimal get back combo.
    zero-a/dante-a/vergil-y
    fuck games
  • NeoXzeroNeoXzero Joined: Posts: 37
    Anybody having luck doing the Dante infinite with Viewtiful Joe that Isedelica posted recently? Not sure if Dante is blocking mid air or on the ground and rejumping for the Helmbreaker. Any tips would be great..
  • Green AceGreen Ace Not playing Jago's team Joined: Posts: 654
    Does anyone know why getting the stinger to wallbounce after doing laucher to upshots after beehive is so inconsistent .
    Me:what the fuck? It costs $10 to get into Orlando.
    Me:Is Orlando a country now?
    Pain: yeah, it's the land of the free.
    Me: LOLOLOL
    It's not if you backdash before s.S.
    Invisibility Frames.
  • Green AceGreen Ace Not playing Jago's team Joined: Posts: 654
    Yeah I forgot to include that I backdash. But it's super inconsistent and I can't find out why.
    Me:what the fuck? It costs $10 to get into Orlando.
    Me:Is Orlando a country now?
    Pain: yeah, it's the land of the free.
    Me: LOLOLOL
  • kinetic-1kinetic-1 Joined: Posts: 464
    Yeah I forgot to include that I backdash. But it's super inconsistent and I can't find out why.
    It's just got strange timing. I like to do it like this
    beehive, backdash :s:xx:h:, release everything,:f:+:h:stinger.
    It just takes a little practice. And make sure not to mash. Mashing is a no-no.
  • guy22guy22 Joined: Posts: 46
    That's exactly the way I do it too.
    You need a minor delay somewhere in the st.S, upshots, stinger lv2, I have read to delay the S to let the opponent fall a little bit after the beehive ground bounce, but it did not work out for me, however I found delaying between the upshots and stinger lv2 gave me the most consistent results.

A question I have with anti-air combo starting with st.M, it has been quite inconsistent to me in 2 aspects, sometimes when they are hit by the peak of st.M, after MHS they will fly so high that I can't really catch them with killerbee... and other times st.M hit them almost vertically above dante that I will be in this awkward situation that if I sj.U after S, my killerbee cannot reach them and if I sj.UF, I will cross them up from underneath, once again dropping the combo... What am I doing wrong? :(
  • Dark SonicDark Sonic Joined: Posts: 1,054
    So someone in the tierlist thread brought to my attention that in Devil Trigger Dante can combo off of his air grab via thunderbolt->j.L->....something.

Since I never found out what "something" was and tried a lot of things out to no avail, I made a different combo.

airgrab->thunderbolt->j.M->st.M->beehive (st.H and st.S won't link here)->back dash S->2shots->stinger->BC teleport->hammer->volcanoxxbeehivexx->million dollars. Not sure where to go with this combo to squeeze out more damage other than shot loops. I play Vergil/X23/Dante, and the only Vergil extensions I know so far are corner only, but the BC teleport puts my back to the corner and even if I switch sides with IADj.L, I've already used my groundbounce so I can't do my typical Volcanoxxbeehivexx->vergil extension.
    "The only thing Dante needs is more Dante, and that is EXACTLY what DT gives him" - OgreCasteel
    If HSD isn't shot by then and you can face the corner (j.S xx Killerbee after BC teleport could help) you could try Cold Shower Rapid Slash into Skydance to reset the ground bounce/ get the HKD for acid rain volcano blah blah blah. Just a suggestion, don't know if it works.
    Invisibility Frames.
  • TimTimTimTim T-T-T-Timmay! Joined: Posts: 1,329
    image So how do people do these combos (i'm talkin about pr rog where he does sky dance acid rain volcano acid rain hits then instant air s. My air s never comes out is it a bold cancel?
    One is at 2:23:01
    Just a lazy prick.
    That's exactly the way I do it too.
    You need a minor delay somewhere in the st.S, upshots, stinger lv2, I have read to delay the S to let the opponent fall a little bit after the beehive ground bounce, but it did not work out for me, however I found delaying between the upshots and stinger lv2 gave me the most consistent results.

A question I have with anti-air combo starting with st.M, it has been quite inconsistent to me in 2 aspects, sometimes when they are hit by the peak of st.M, after MHS they will fly so high that I can't really catch them with killerbee... and other times st.M hit them almost vertically above dante that I will be in this awkward situation that if I sj.U after S, my killerbee cannot reach them and if I sj.UF, I will cross them up from underneath, once again dropping the combo... What am I doing wrong? :(
    You can try jump canceling j.M into j.HS xx Killerbee for better air positioning. If you cross up underneath which happens sometimes just try to recognize the situation and adjust your inputs.
    snip
    It's just a jump cancel. If you're j.S isn't coming out you're inputting it too fast. If it doesn't combo then too slow. Simple as that. Sometimes the acid rain spread isn't that forgiving either so it may not be your fault.
    Invisibility Frames.
    If HSD isn't shot by then and you can face the corner (j.S xx Killerbee after BC teleport could help) you could try Cold Shower Rapid Slash into Skydance to reset the ground bounce/ get the HKD for acid rain volcano blah blah blah. Just a suggestion, don't know if it works.

I can't do j.Sxxkiller bee because of the Launcher->charge shots->stinger->bc teleport. Gonna try beehive->cold shower->stinger->bc teleport and try your assist extension.

edit: found an easier DTgrab combo (still kinda hard though). air grab->thunderbolt->j.H->j.S->charge shots->prop shredder->BnB.

In the corner you can do air grab->thunderbolt->j.H->vortex->j.S->BnB (not prop shredder won't work here).
    "The only thing Dante needs is more Dante, and that is EXACTLY what DT gives him" - OgreCasteel
    Haven't found a use for it yet, but Cold Shower is Dante's fastest OTG coming in at 11 frames and is THC cancellable. Anyone else mess around with this? Scat Shot is too which could work as confirm in the neutral game I suppose. Less to commit to, and could work against assists like hidden missiles that stay out for days. Raw million dollars is way faster though if you know you can get the punish.
    Invisibility Frames.
    Scat shot...cancels into stinger/propshredder. What more do you need? Weasel shot and Scat shot are underated zoning tools. They both combo into stinger (weasel shot combos into more things), they're both normals allowing you to call assists during them, and they cover a decent portion of the screen.

Reverbxxfireworksxx is also not too difficult. I messed around in training mode and got 90% consistent with it in like 10 mins. Doesn't lead into anything without DT (or you could just million dollars), but it covers a huge portion of the screen.