The Official Toonami Thread: Fight tha powa!

Comments

• SaitsuSaitsu Tranquilo...ASSENAYO! Joined: Posts: 34,160
    DIO's obsession with Jonathan has reached its natural conclusion.
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
  • ThePurpleBunnyThePurpleBunny Joined: Posts: 16,992
    edited July 30
    No "Roundabout"? I am disappoint.

Edit: I will fill the void just this once.
    Twitchy | Twatter
    Fightcade: FaceToFist
  • Icy Black DeepIcy Black Deep Still training... Joined: Posts: 1,418
    So if they have a prison full of ghouls . . . what are they feeding them?
    New Jersey
  • StarhammerStarhammer The Laughing Man of SRK. Joined: Posts: 20,022 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited July 30
    Toyko Ghoul............

Seriously? You still have prison doors you can defeat by breaking the electronics? :wtf: The second they killed the power those cells should've been filled with concrete and toilet water. If they dig 'em out, they gotta take that shit with 'em.

Well, Kaniki getting knocked into a b-boy head slide is a nice way to break to commercial. Lets see what happens after the break.

-Starhammer-
    Always think it's strange when black dudes accuse other black dudes of not being hood enough. Like isn't that a good thing?

AV by Rick Ross.
    edited July 30
    Saitsu wrote: »

The ending theme for Stardust Crusaders is Walk Like an Egyptian

That makes me even more disappoint.
    Twitchy | Twatter
  • MillionMillion King of Creeps Joined: Posts: 10,442 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited July 30
    ha, dude caught that Grown Man™ beatdown.

sheeeit, yeah I cheer on the ghouls in this show, of course... put these pitiful humans in their damn place...for they are the inferior species.

sidenote---yeah, Walk Like an Egyptian = garbage.

The ending theme for Stardust Crusaders is Walk Like an Egyptian but you know, copyrights.

Now I'm glad they didn't play it. I can't shake the neighborhood with the bangles. :nono: No. Not happening. I would rather stomp my own nuts first.

-Starhammer-
    Always think it's strange when black dudes accuse other black dudes of not being hood enough. Like isn't that a good thing?

AV by Rick Ross.
    HxH:

Dat acutioneer tho. :wow: What's up with them hips? She must be storing an unbelievable amount of Nen in there...............

-Starhammer-

AV by Rick Ross.
  • SonichumanSonichuman You're too sloooww!! Joined: Posts: 18,612
    edited July 30
    I hope this is the infamous episode with Pein getting spiked lol. It looks like it is.

Edit: 'MY PAIN IS STILL FAR GREATER THAN YOURSSS!!!' lol...that animation
    edited July 30
    Tom and Jerry: Naruto Edition

EDIT: Quickest way to die, hurt Hinata in front of future husband.
  • The DamnedThe Damned Who needs a heart when a heart can be broken? Joined: Posts: 10,699 mod
    edited July 30
    (Ugh. Fell asleep before I could watch Hunter x Hunter or Lupin III. I would be more annoyed if I didn't already know what happened in Hunter x Hunter and if I wasn't still rather lukewarm to Lupin III.)

So many plot holes last night. If Freeza could destroy the planet that easily, then what the hell was stopping him the second time around when Goku fired that seemingly sluggishly Kamehameha--ha, Chrome actually recognizes that as a word--at him? Too surprised that Goku was actually taking him after being stunned that Vegeta might have actually amounted to something. Hells, given how causally Freeze seemingly tapped the planet to do it, I'm surprised he didn't do it earlier by accident when he was Golden since he wasn't used to that form.

At least it seems like they did foreshadow Whis's "Be Kind, Rewind" power, however slightly, earlier and that it seems to be hard-locked by two restrictions. So it's not as bullshit as it could have been. After all, I'm sure they would also prevented the greater disaster of the whole damn universe exploding, which surely would have happened if Vegeta hadn't gotten do anything major for once.

Tokyo Ghoul though...whoever the fuck designed that prison and whoever signed off on it need to be taken out back and beaten. Clearly those people haven't read the Evil Overlord's List or, really, anything competent. Whoever's idea it was to recruit the guy that is currently beating Kaneki's ass like he owes him money also probably needs to get smacked over the head unless they purposely set Kaneki up.

I love how Joseph just yells this shit out in a public place and no one notices.

The funnier thing is that people clearly are noticing, since he and Holly got appropriately stared at the airport when they made a ruckus and the waiter came over when he destroyed the camera; it's just that people are too intimidated to do shit, even the cops.

I can't say that I blame them. They actually have self-preservation, especially since Joseph isn't really doing much more than being overly melodramatic in hilarious fashion like almost everyone else with powers in this universe and being an asshole, mostly verbally, to Japanese people who aren't his grandson.
    "Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."
    - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

"Freddie experienced the sort of abysmal soul-sadness which afflicts one of Tolstoy's Russian peasants when, after putting in a heavy day's work strangling his father, beating his wife, and dropping the baby into the city's reservoir, he turns to the cupboards, only to find the vodka bottle empty."
    - P. G. Wodehouse
  • Icy Black DeepIcy Black Deep Still training... Joined: Posts: 1,418
    The Damned wrote: »
    Kamehameha--ha, Chrome actually recognizes that as a word

Because it actually is.
    The House of Kamehameha (Hale O Kamehameha), or the Kamehameha dynasty, was the reigning Royal Family of the Kingdom of Hawaiʻi, beginning with its founding by Kamehameha I in 1795 and ending with the death of Kamehameha V in 1872 and Lunalilo in 1874.
    New Jersey
  • The DamnedThe Damned Who needs a heart when a heart can be broken? Joined: Posts: 10,699 mod
    @Icy Black Deep - I was already aware of that, but thanks. Good to see someone else knows.

The point remains though, especially since Chrome tends not to recognize more unusual names, of which I would unfortunately have to count Hawaiian ones even though it's part of the United States (after how much the United States fucked it over when it was a sovereign country). For, example, it's not going to recognize either Akamu or Ikaika.

Still, that's another thread entirely.
    "Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."

"Freddie experienced the sort of abysmal soul-sadness which afflicts one of Tolstoy's Russian peasants when, after putting in a heavy day's work strangling his father, beating his wife, and dropping the baby into the city's reservoir, he turns to the cupboards, only to find the vodka bottle empty."
    - P. G. Wodehouse
    yo. It's that time ya'll.

And Champa is getting the famous Beerus hello.

-Starhammer-

AV by Rick Ross.
    Twin brothers. Like Ahnold and DeVito.
    Twitchy | Twatter
    Cup Noodles wins again.
    Twitchy | Twatter
    edited August 6
    haha Beerus laughing at Champa's fatass because his universe's Earth is already dead....nice. This character is extra amusing to me because it reminds me of a certain fat friend from high school...surreal how much he looks like him, despite the character not even being human :lol:

...hmm...yep I wouldn't mind seeing Vados naked...along with the cute green-haired bitch from earlier tonight on the live-stream of DBS I was watching. (*before she transformed of course)

Damn. Beerus disrespecting Champa's mano y mano talk like

KuTyuw9.gif

Still, if Champa is the destroyer of universe six, are the fighters going to be strong enough to get the job done? my man got winded just LANDING on beerus' turf.

-Starhammer-

AV by Rick Ross.
    Thanks Announcer. I guess we know who ISN'T going to win this one. AGAIN.

-Starhammer-

AV by Rick Ross.
    Piccolo just got splooged on. I think it's time for me to stop watching TV, but God knows I won't.

-Starhammer-

AV by Rick Ross.
    Hind sight...Piccolo probably wishes he had double tapped babadi. Can't really blame him though since most that get cut in half should be dead unless proven differently.
  • drunken_kusadrunken_kusa Joined: Posts: 28
    It's a law of the universe that Vegeta can't legitimately hug someone without hitting them afterwards. They could have been out for Ice Cream and it would have been the same result.
    I'm sure fans have brought this up before... but I still wonder how a super-strong being like Vegeta can safely fuck a human like Bulma without inadvertently killing her. Heh, sheeeeit...it's like with Superman and Lois... they would not be able to have serious fun in the bedroom without their ladies ending up dead....like 1 nut from them would be like a shotgun blast x1000, literally tearing someone like Bulma apart.
    All this talk of DB and here I am too busy being hyped over Outlaw Star's return to Toonami coming soon.
  • InfernomanInfernoman Bro as Hell Joined: Posts: 9,222
    All this talk of DB and here I am too busy being hyped over Outlaw Star's return to Toonami coming soon.

Word? I missed the original run years ago...
    Who else in a movie wrestled an evil lesbian and by forcefully kissing her, turned her not only heterosexual but good as well? Exactly. That, my friend, is the power of Sean motherfucking Connery - Valaris
    Sonichuman wrote: »
    Hind sight...Piccolo probably wishes he had double tapped babadi. Can't really blame him though since most that get cut in half should be dead unless proven differently.

Shoulda gave him the disentegration treatment. I can't see how anyone wouldn't have mini-nuked the troll personally.

Man, you know it's bad when Vegetta goes all noble and shit on someone. Next move.............................Suicide bomb dat shit.

....................BTW, do ALL sayins come with these self destruct switches? If so, Chousou has to be mad as fuck. His only party trick is standard issue on other warriors.

-Starhammer-

AV by Rick Ross.
    Million wrote: »
    I'm sure fans have brought this up before... but I still wonder how a super-strong being like Vegeta can safely fuck a human like Bulma without inadvertently killing her. Heh, sheeeeit...it's like with Superman and Lois... they would not be able to have serious fun in the bedroom without their ladies ending up dead....like 1 nut from them would be like a shotgun blast x1000, literally tearing someone like Bulma apart.

Vegeta probably just lied there lifting boulders while she did the work. That way he can keep training somehow.
    Twitchy | Twatter
    edited August 6
    (Ah yes, that's the infamous "Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex" conundrum, Million. In the vast majority of casts, regardless of the sex--heh--of the participants, I don't think there's been a legitimately good answer to it, especially since orgasms are akin to seizures in most people.)

In more important news, Outlaw Star is finally coming back next year? Fuck yes! That's one of few things I've legitimately been excited about all year, especially given that I never finished it; got way too depressed as a kid after what happened to Hilda. I think that means I've only seen it up to episode nine. Look forward to seeing it all the way through this time.

- P. G. Wodehouse

Eh I think it's like anything else, varied powerlevels. Just like Goku can be wounded from a random lazer blast, or be in a credible fight with Krillen, he can have sex without killing someone.

Supes is waaaaaaaaay harder to explain. It's just one of those things DC just expects you to accept and move on.

I think Hancock had a deleted scene about this.
    Young JoJo got bitches fighting over him.

And still wanting him after he tells them off.
    Twitchy | Twatter
    woo dat intro song
    Infernoman wrote: »

Word? I missed the original run years ago...

same here. I'll be all over it on Toonami though.

On JoJo:

That, is the worst case of hair hat that I've EVER seen. His hair and headgear have literally become one and cannot be separated, not even in battle. Truly, this JoJo will be a fearsome character unlike any before him.

-Starhammer-

AV by Rick Ross.

simple: IVF. Vegetta milks the snake, Bulma grabs the goo, the doctor does the deed, and voila. Trunks is born.

-Starhammer-

AV by Rick Ross.
    Well then. GGPO dude's eye.
    Twitchy | Twatter
    Well now....that happened.
    Sonichuman wrote: »
    Well now....that happened.

absurdly slow student: "Damn! She just stabbed me in eye!! Is this bitch on the rag?!?!?!?"

Me:*from within the safety of the all-concealing shadows*: "Well, that's one way of putting it.................."

LOL@JoJo. "No weird moves!"

"weird moves?" In THIS show?

KuTyuw9.gif

-Starhammer-

AV by Rick Ross.
    That Jax grab & punch
    Twitchy | Twatter
    see, this is one thing bugging me about Ghoul... though I guess it has to be this way for the sake of "balance"... but I don't see how any regular human should be able to consistently hang with ghouls in battle. Why are these ghouls even fucking around here...?! Kill these human chumps...they are so clearly the inferior species here.
    edited August 6
    (Sigh. This episode of Tokyo Ghoul better not be dominated by flashbacks. Also, apparently stabbing people in the eye is the theme tonight.)

So...yeah. That guy got stabbed in the eye should probably be dead, especially given the way she was twisting it around, but given the other things people have lived through in-universe, I'm not going to worry about it.

That said, ha at the first half of the episode being essentially a harem anime yet Kakoyin being the only to get up in someone's guts...which I suppose is actually still par for the course for harem animes.

- P. G. Wodehouse
    I guess I might as well say it.

YUGIOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Sup Lupin Cat
    Twitchy | Twatter
    Sorry kids, you gotta pay up for those Secrets. Blue-Eyes don't come cheap!
    "You can't go first!"

"I called it!"
    Twitchy | Twatter
    "You can't go first!"

"I called it!"

It could've been rock, paper, scissors.

Um, When did Bulma get a sister? :confused:

-Starhammer-

AV by Rick Ross.
    Starhammer wrote: »

Why does anything happen in this damn show?
    Twitchy | Twatter

Why does anything happen in this damn show?

I suppose you have a point. I'll just forget about asking why this idiot galactic goofball gave his number to a character we didn't even know existed. Speaking of which, why isn't threatening a cop an automatic trip to the greybar hotel? Bulma out here thinking she's Debbie Wasserman Schultz and shit.

...................Why did I spell that bitch's name out? :confused:

-Starhammer-

AV by Rick Ross.
    edited August 13
    Ok, this is another point that gets under my skin with DBZ... or any show that does the same--when you have a character make this great and ultimate sacrifice, intending to save the world from the "big bad"... but the whole moment is shit on...ultimately means nothing since the bad guy gets to come right back a few minutes later. I don't think one should really do those kind of moments unless you really do intend for the main villain to be finally destroyed right there.

huh... just realized that Piccolo could've finished it by blasting those little pieces of Buu that were on the ground.
  • WastedWasted Verbal Diarrhetic Joined: Posts: 5,794
    "You can't go first!"

"I called it!"

-Starhammer-

http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Tights
    SFV: Ken, with THAT ORANGE COSTUME

I have nobody to play with, so I typically talk out of my ass.
    Wasted wrote: »
    "You can't go first!"

"I called it!"

-Starhammer-

http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Tights

Tights..................but..........................No ass. :sad: It is the unavoidable curse that awaits all who dare enter the Dragonball universe.

Speaking of curses, why did yamcha volunteer to fly that ship full of bitches? Damn. I would rather be on ANY other ride.

Pink T-1000 powers activate!! You really need to tighten up those reflexes there Piccolo.

-Starhammer-

AV by Rick Ross.