The Official Toonami Thread: Fight tha powa!

Comments

• ThePurpleBunnyThePurpleBunny Joined: Posts: 17,585
    Well damn. Muscle lady in the house.
    Twitchy | Twatter
    Fightcade: FaceToFist
  • StarhammerStarhammer The Laughing Man of SRK. Joined: Posts: 20,756 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Well damn. Muscle lady in the house.

looks like Mari taught her the fist of the flatulent star technique.

A-ko-3.jpg

-Starhammer-
    Always think it's strange when black dudes accuse other black dudes of not being hood enough. Like isn't that a good thing?

AV by Rick Ross.
  • Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 6,261
    You guys aren't in the Tournament of Power yet?????
  • WellmanWellman Joined: Posts: 4,044
    Jion_Wansu wrote: »
    You guys aren't in the Tournament of Power yet?????

Boss toddler Zeno is just now being introduced at the cliffhanger of the last episode. The tournament of Power is YEARS away from being shown on tv dubbed.
    You have been weighed.
    You have been measured.
    And you have absolutely...
    Been found wanting.
    Welcome to the New World. God save you, if it is right that he should do so.
    - A Knight's Tale
  • Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 6,261
    edited November 13
    The Funimation DBZ was cool and better than the original Japanese ones in my opinion. But, I can't get into the Funimation DBS. I don't know what it is but I can't. In my opinion the original Japanese version of DBS is better. Especially the voice actors for Freeza, Zeno, Champa, Beerus, Vados, Whis, and the 2 Saiyan chicks...
    edited November 19
    Sara just Death Star'd a planet. Obi Wan felt that.

Edit: STFU Supreme Kai.
    Twitchy | Twatter
  • StarhammerStarhammer The Laughing Man of SRK. Joined: Posts: 20,756 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited November 19
    ..............................Can we please have a freakishly powerful being that doesn't make me want to pet it? Please? Grand Zeno? Sounds like something I should spend to get me some new controllers. C'mon galactic sons.

EDIT: LOL@beerus and chompa. Goku trying to kill destroyer gods via heart failure just by chilling with the omni gods.

-Starhammer-
    Always think it's strange when black dudes accuse other black dudes of not being hood enough. Like isn't that a good thing?

AV by Rick Ross.
  • The DamnedThe Damned Hope: You can't believe in it Joined: Posts: 10,980 mod
    Lol at the "Angels" throwing the Destroyers under the bus and Zeno'o's honor guard not even bothering to walk forward, but just to teleport such a short distance and under the ground too.

Also, so this is what goddamn Goku's dumb ass did to fuck over everyone, especially since he further interrupted the whatever "warning". Sigh.
    "Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."
    - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

"Freddie experienced the sort of abysmal soul-sadness which afflicts one of Tolstoy's Russian peasants when, after putting in a heavy day's work strangling his father, beating his wife, and dropping the baby into the city's reservoir, he turns to the cupboards, only to find the vodka bottle empty."
    - P. G. Wodehouse
    edited November 19
    Damn Goten getting a public bare-ass spanking. Chi Chi don't play.
    Twitchy | Twatter
    (Lol at Polnareff twisting the knife so much completely unintentionally. What an oblivious dumbass.)

I have to wonder how much the next episode of Kai is going to censor given Buu made that jackass explode. I guess we'll have to wait two weeks to find that out, though at least we saved one whole episode anyway given how much screen time I vaguely remember that serial killer taking up in the non-compacted series.

Similarly, I have to wonder how much tonight's episode of Hunter x Hunter is going to censor given what happens to Gon in the actual manga.
    He loses that entire hand, as in it's completely blown off/up.
    "Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."

"Freddie experienced the sort of abysmal soul-sadness which afflicts one of Tolstoy's Russian peasants when, after putting in a heavy day's work strangling his father, beating his wife, and dropping the baby into the city's reservoir, he turns to the cupboards, only to find the vodka bottle empty."
    - P. G. Wodehouse
  • MillionMillion King of Creeps Joined: Posts: 10,863 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Well, trying to watch JoJo's "current" season here on OnDemand is quite annoying... on Comcast, if you search "JoJos Bizarre"....the earlier season is the one that shows up in the results...and yeah, you can't get much further in the search bar than that 2nd word (and you can't put an apostrophe so "JOJOS" is what you have to enter). It shows up as JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Stardust something...

If you search by network, for some reason this doesn't show up when you search Cartoon Network..that only gives the results of all the other shit CN has on. Adult Swim is what you have to search as if it is a separate channel, if I recall...even though that's obviously not the "Toonami" name one might assume you have to search. Oh and then I hit hit the wall of HD... there was one way I searched that only brought up HD versions, which I can't watch since I don't have the HD version of the cable box.

The plan was to watch last week's JoJo at 10:30 right before the new episode, but so much for that... I didn't get to it until about 10:40...and it includes commercials so that would've run past 11 of course... I just gave up and went to the current episode once it was 11 pm.

*y'know, I think it really is time to just go back to the ancient tech of hooking up either my DVD Recorder or the damn VCR. Back in those days I could tell either of those things to record something at a particular time, then I can watch it later....no need to wait until it is "uploaded" (which is dependent on networks, apparently) or having to fumble around with an awkward search system that is potentially problematic for certain shows.

Hunter--- finally an episode that maintained my interest...yeah Gon got his left hand blown off (and the right was severely burned), which was surprising to see... even though it's anime, it looks like this show is kinda aimed at a slightly younger audience.

JoJo--this is dragging a bit, imo... like each week it's just dealing with new Stand-users like a "Monster of the Day" sort of thing...and they often aren't really that interesting to me.... and you have this awesomely overpowered badass main villain that continues to sit wayyyy in the background, nearly to the point of being forgotten. I enjoyed the previous seasons/eras of JoJo more than this so far.
    Million wrote: »
    JoJo--this is dragging a bit, imo... like each week it's just dealing with new Stand-users like a "Monster of the Day" sort of thing...and they often aren't really that interesting to me.... and you have this awesomely overpowered badass main villain that continues to sit wayyyy in the background, nearly to the point of being forgotten. I enjoyed the previous seasons/eras of JoJo more than this so far.

Yeah that is the thing with this current season a good chunk is basically villain/monster of the moment stuff but you do get some insane and/or epic battles. For some that makes it better, for others it makes it one of the hard ones to get through especially if none of the new main cast grabs your attention.
    You have been weighed.
    You have been measured.
    Been found wanting.
    - A Knight's Tale
    This is a reminder that outside of the fourth and final episode of the Countdown mini-series coming on, tonight is just a re-run marathon of DBZ: Kai.

- P. G. Wodehouse
    So Black Clover is coming to Toonami... not my preferred pick for a new-ish anime but oh well, I will give it a shot hadn't watched it subbed so this will be a fresh experience in this franchise people keep comparing to Naruto and My Hero Academia.
    You have been weighed.
    You have been measured.
    Been found wanting.
    - A Knight's Tale
  • SonichumanSonichuman You're too sloooww!! Joined: Posts: 19,286
    They need to get my hero on this.
    High Enough

If you haven't seen this before you may have questions...

• po pimpuspo pimpus Beyond Anger... Ultra Rage Joined: Posts: 26,386
    Black Clover is trash.

MHA or bust.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • SaitsuSaitsu When a Kid, Becomes a Legend Joined: Posts: 35,297
    Yeah, I tried Black Clover a while back, hated it.
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
    I would wager the issue with My Hero Academia is more of a price thing. The popularity is there, it fits with the shows on Saturday night Toonami block and super heroes are still a big seller so it is probably the price.
    You have been weighed.
    You have been measured.
    Been found wanting.
    - A Knight's Tale
    Likely can't top Sword Art Online but maybe it can come close.
    Twitchy | Twatter
    Is super strong AND has a job!

Perfect male role model!

Monaka got both Bulma and Chi Chi hot.
    Twitchy | Twatter
    It's the Saban Brigade!
    GOD DAMN IT YAMCHA!!!!!
    Goku's naivete saving the day.
    Twitchy | Twatter
  • Icy Black DeepIcy Black Deep Still training... Joined: Posts: 1,457
    This better get less annoying real quick.
    New Jersey
    Dan of Steel.

Ok then.
    Twitchy | Twatter
  • Icy Black DeepIcy Black Deep Still training... Joined: Posts: 1,457
    Dan of Steel.

Ok then.

OK!

New Jersey
  • ZazzariusZazzarius Shaaaaaaaa! Joined: Posts: 2,316 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Wellman wrote: »
    I would wager the issue with My Hero Academia is more of a price thing.
    Probably. Its very well known and I'd guess its probably on who makes the best offer.

As for Black Clover, I know nothing about it but I felt like I've seen this same "first episode" a half dozen times on other shows.

Does it improve or is the exactly as shown here?
    "Amidst the mists and fiercest frosts,
    with barest wrists and stoutest boasts,
    he thrusts his fists against the posts,
    and still insists he sees the ghosts."
    Stop watching Black Clover immediately. It's a worse Naruto.

Complete waste of time and money for Toonami. They need to either pay up for My Hero, or reach into the vault and bring back some classic shit.

Preferably both.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • InfernomanInfernoman Bro as Hell Joined: Posts: 9,630
    po pimpus wrote: »

Complete waste of time and money for Toonami. They need to either pay up for My Hero, or reach into the vault and bring back some classic shit.

Preferably both.

We couldn't even hold One Piece.
    Who else in a movie wrestled an evil lesbian and by forcefully kissing her, turned her not only heterosexual but good as well? Exactly. That, my friend, is the power of Sean motherfucking Connery - Valaris
  • SonichumanSonichuman You're too sloooww!! Joined: Posts: 19,286
    Wasnt the reason they couldnt hold OP was due to Toei interference? Thought someone said that earlier, that they weren't happy with where OP was in the lineup or something.
    High Enough

If you haven't seen this before you may have questions...

Sonichuman wrote: »
    Wasnt the reason they couldnt hold OP was due to Toei interference? Thought someone said that earlier, that they weren't happy with where OP was in the lineup or something.

That would be me. Yeah, Toei was unamused, they wanted OP in primetime, Toonami understandably balked especially considering OP was inbetween arcs at the time. Toonami execs wanted to keep it badly though.

DBS is pretty much the only long runner that should be in "primetime", the rest should be cycling through fresher, shorter shows.
  • ZazzariusZazzarius Shaaaaaaaa! Joined: Posts: 2,316 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    po pimpus wrote: »

Well, that's something. How many episodes are there until something new replaces it?
    "Amidst the mists and fiercest frosts,
    with barest wrists and stoutest boasts,
    he thrusts his fists against the posts,
    and still insists he sees the ghosts."
    edited December 6
    (I very rarely do this, but I deleted that comment of yours @Jion_Wansu because it was a spoiler for a series in here that is at least a year behind on here. Don't be an asshole; keep it in the appropriate thread or at least use spoiler tags if you must post some like that in here. No one misses that aspect of RockBogart and for very good reason.)

So it wasn't just me that automatically felt like Black Clover was a more magical Naruto with an even more annoying, somehow more generic main character then. Well that's..."good".

Sigh. I would have rather gotten One Piece back or, fuck, had them bring back something like Trigun or Yu Yu Hakusho since they brought back Outlaw Star. Oh well.

If nothing else, then it being on now reminded me to finally watch the Mother's Basement video about it that I remember seeing off to the side of something like months ago. It doesn't look good for Black Clover in general, guys:

Also, why does that little boy at the orphanage have such a grown-ass man's voice, especially compared to the priest? I know it's anime, but come on.

- P. G. Wodehouse
    I'll say it. Toonami peaked years ago and now it's...kinda bland to me.
    Who else in a movie wrestled an evil lesbian and by forcefully kissing her, turned her not only heterosexual but good as well? Exactly. That, my friend, is the power of Sean motherfucking Connery - Valaris
    Infernoman wrote: »

Okay?
    Saitsu wrote: »

Okay?

I don't know, as much as I want to support it, the shows recently haven't been as strong but I suppose we can only have so many hits.
    Saitsu wrote: »

Okay?

I don't know, as much as I want to support it, the shows recently haven't been as strong but I suppose we can only have so many hits.

There's hits they could be running past and present, but CN has become cheap as fuck under Christina Miller.

I think the board sees the writing on the wall that is the death of broadcast TV, and are scrounging whatever profits they can before the shoe drops.

I don't know, we got a Gundam show that ranges from decent to very good depending on the story arc, Lupin the Third, Hunter x Hunter and Jojo on most nights following Dragonball shows.

It isn't at the pinnacle in terms of content range these days but they are definitely ways away from the periods of really bad programming blocks.
    You have been weighed.
    You have been measured.
    Been found wanting.
    - A Knight's Tale
    Oh I know, I didn't say it sucked, just feels...Meh. Shows we should have aren't here and some shows we get no one cares about.
    Chi-Chi is being oddly reasonable.

And Goku is about to die.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file