Star Wars

Comments

• dodgers2213dodgers2213 Joined: Posts: 3,098
    damn, well that's physics for you

but.....it is still a problem because you could build slave droids to kamikaze ships to obliterate fleets. This really complicates Star Wars
    Steam- Dodgers2213
    PS4-- Dodgers2213
  • SaitsuSaitsu When a Kid, Becomes a Legend Joined: Posts: 35,583
    damn, well that's physics for you

but.....it is still a problem because you could build slave droids to kamikaze ships to obliterate fleets. This really complicates Star Wars

It really feels like some shit that would be thrown onto the War Accords like Biological Warfare. Aka Da Soft Ban
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
  • AlphaCharlieAlphaCharlie Joined: Posts: 1,175
    edited January 12
    Darksakul wrote: »
    odin wrote: »
    It's January 10th 2018... And TLJ still sucks balls.

Rotten tomatoes audience score is now BELOW 50%.

Critic Score has dropped a little too, to 90%.

Sign the petition if you haven't. It takes 3 seconds to do:
    https://www.change.org/p/the-walt-disney-company-have-disney-strike-star-wars-episode-viii-from-the-official-canon

Petitions do nothing Corporations don't have to oblige
    Also it's Carrie Fisher's last performance, they aren't going to Axe that

Ofcourse it won't do anything but, that's not the point. It's the fans sending a message to the mousehouse what bullshit the movie was. It's also kind of a therapeutic measure for fans. So we know we're not alone.
    Yea you definitely seem like the kind of weak ass bitch that needs others to validate your opinion.

^^ Case in point. Not all Star Wars/Movie fans are like you: Enjoying movies where lazy, shitty writing runs rampant. As well as political SJW hijacking of a classic franchise.

Your shitty taste is not the norm. And that petition proves it.

• AzureAzure Inciteful. Joined: Posts: 10,200 ✭✭✭ Former OG
    chadouken! wrote: »
    Nice, we're not dead! TLJ is a great movie again!

Just because you stop having suicidal thoughts, doesn't mean you ought to go off of your meds cold turkey, 'chad.
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.

eSports is fucking retarded.
    edited January 12
    Thats fine, I just don't need validation from others for my thoughts and feelings like your pussy ass clearly does.

Wow. I guess my thoughts on Last Jedi struck a nerve. lol.

Yes. Please, tell me more about how you like lazy, shitty movies.
  • Sexperienced.Sexperienced. kdh Joined: Posts: 5,353
    Yoda looked like a crackhead in this. I was thinking WTF, don't they have better CGI or puppets.
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 22,304
    Thats fine, I just don't need validation from others for my thoughts and feelings like your pussy ass clearly does.

Don't need to, already said my peace on the movie. Its a few pages back. Go ahead and look there.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.

Don't need to, already said my peace on the movie. Its a few pages back. Go ahead and look there.

Wait a sec.... you saw Last Jedi HOW MANY times in theaters? Holy shit.

Damn. So you not only have shit taste in movies but, you're bad with your money also.
  • PerthoPertho Capt of Team #Hellspawn Joined: Posts: 22,823 mod
    Outsise of some silly shots where all of the upper command of the alliance were female, what was SJWish about this movie?
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

"Oh, Pertho. You complete me."
    jimmy1200 wrote: »
    pertho attacked me first, saying i get all my life tips from 106th and park.
    edited January 12

Damn. So you not only have shit taste in movies but, you're bad with your money also.
    Uh I saw it once dumb ass. Where did you get the impression I saw it multiple times? Your inability to hold a conversation is staggering.
    Pertho wrote: »
    Outsise of some silly shots where all of the upper command of the alliance were female, what was SJWish about this movie?

I'm guessing they are talking about Rey still.

I have come around to the idea that it was more of a laziness and bad writing issue.
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.

• chadouken!chadouken! less < more Joined: Posts: 5,399
    edited January 12

No dude, I'm the one who saw it twice! The second time in 3D Atmos. I'll be going a third time in a couple weeks when my buddy comes to visit. Can't wait!

Also, how much did you spend on not one, but, TWO NES Minis, LOL? Was it 3X MSRP? LMAOOOO!
    Hecatom wrote: »
    chadouken turning each day that passes into assffinity jr. SMFH
  • Mood4food77Mood4food77 Joined: Posts: 10,003

They put a "thick" asian girl as an almost main character and purple hair chick

It's 100% bullshit lol
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Beyond Anger... Ultra Rage Joined: Posts: 26,760
    I wasn't buying the SJW shit either until I realized every single male character is either cowardly, incompetent, a failure, some combo of the three, and all of them needed a woman to help them achieve anything.

You won't notice it if you're not looking, but squint with even a faint critical eye and you'll see it.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    edited January 12
    Except all the women failed at everything they tied to do, in fact everyone in this movie fails at what they try to do male or female.

Squint hard enough and you can see whatever you want to see.
    All the men failed...as did all the women.

Who actually achieved anything in the movie? Literally just one person in DJ...that's literally it. Everyone else failed in some capacity.
  • Optimus124Optimus124 Joined: Posts: 3,948
    Saitsu wrote: »

Who actually achieved anything in the movie? Literally just one person in DJ...that's literally it. Everyone else failed in some capacity.

Luke achieved peace and purpose (at least that's what the movie's score listing shows)
    PSN, NNID and CFN ID: OPTIMUS124
    SF V - Dictator (that's all that interests me at the moment)
    SSB4 - Roy, Ike, and Shulk
    QFT: There's a thin line between being busy and bull$hittin
    I think its the opposite. A lot of the women came out looking like shit. Holdo was a massive missed opportunity, Leia was just a post cocaine and titties repackaging of Yoda, Rey was turned hella mary sueish, Phasma got punked and Rose was made to do some silly shit.

The men seem to be a bit more even in how things work out for them though. Poe and Finn eating shit is good. These people arent super human; they caught some rough breaks and had to deal. Problem is that yhe movie didnt do a good job of showing them struggling with losing. Somebody previously mentioned Rey's big failure was Kylo which is a fair interpretation; unfoetunately that struggle didnt feel like it weighed on her too much at a personal level. It really shouldve been the low point for all these characters but they ended it all pretty okay.

TLJ did do the casting right: they had new characters so they threw minorities a bone. Had old luke suddenly turned into Morgan Freeman then maybe we would have some issue. Its silly to keep saying any minority actor getting a job in a major franchise as SJW shit. All that does is lower the pool of possible actors and, tbh, dude playing Finn is fucking great at it and so were Donnie Yen and the Diego dude in Rogue One.

Anybody else feel like the subtitles are fucked up? The Last Jedi feels like a better title for a movie focused on finding the Last Jedi and the force awakens feels better for one where yhe force is gone full retard and even little kids can use it.
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

• chadouken!chadouken! less < more Joined: Posts: 5,399
    Saitsu wrote: »

The greatest teacher, failure is.
    Hecatom wrote: »
    chadouken turning each day that passes into assffinity jr. SMFH
    Rey finds luke who is presumed to be the last living jedi and it turns out that luke isn't really a jedi anymore and that there are more people who use the force than thought to be

the kid is just showing that there are more people who know that they can use the force. he is not going to appear anymore after that scene

rey isn't a mary sue, she doesn't do anything that crazy. force powers are literally given to each character that has them and it's just about believing in the them that makes them work

lightsabers choose the owner like how wands in harry potter do
    rey isn't a mary sue, she doesn't do anything that crazy. force powers are literally given to each character that has them and it's just about believing in the them that makes them work

Except for, you know, all of the fucking training we've seen and heard characters talk about needing to be proficient at the force.
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

the training we've seen is lightsaber stuff and then believing in the force

"you can move your xwing"
    "no i can't"
    "yes you can, you just gotta believe you can move it"

proceeds to go on a training montage for luke to become one with the force, to believe in it

luke also force grabbed a lightsaber with no training
  • odinodin holy bybel Joined: Posts: 15,998 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    he was taught to use a lightsaber

where the hell did he know he could move objects with the force before he grabbed it
    the training we've seen is lightsaber stuff and then believing in the force

"you can move your xwing"
    "no i can't"
    "yes you can, you just gotta believe you can move it"

proceeds to go on a training montage for luke to become one with the force, to believe in it

luke also force grabbed a lightsaber with no training

So he didnt get trained to use the force when he was being trained to ise the force?
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

he was taught to use a lightsaber

where the hell did he know he could move objects with the force before he grabbed it

He moved a small object on a leap of faith makes more sense than Rey become a bulldozer on a leap of faith.
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

It's 100% bullshit lol

In what universe is a 5ft 115lb Asian girl "thick". People being real liberal with the usage of "thick" these days.
    People kept calling her chubby/
    edited January 12
    Anyone remember back when strong Force users still had to TRAIN in the ways of the Force to be awesome? As well as other things like piloting?

One of many insulting aspects about Last Jedi is how it basically retconned Force Users into being like X-Men mutants. They're just born pre-packaged with all the skills they need to be awesome. That was basically TLJ's answer to all this Mary Sue talk. Even the little kid who never had a day of Force training in his life, still "knows" how to use the Force to summon the broom.

Give Rey a Golf club and she'll out-do tiger Woods in his prime. Because, the Force.
  • Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The Light Emitting Darkness Joined: Posts: 9,733

It's 100% bullshit lol

In what universe is a 5ft 115lb Asian girl "thick". People being real liberal with the usage of "thick" these days.
    People kept calling her chubby/

People are stupid though.
    CFN: Darc_Requiem (PS4)
    CFN: Dark_Requiem (PC)
    ShoRyuKen Warriors Backup Forum
    http://s15.zetaboards.com/SRK_Asylum/index/

It's 100% bullshit lol

If she was 5'4" then maybe you'd have a case.

Anyone remember back when strong Force users still had to TRAIN in the ways of the Force to be awesome? As well as other things like piloting?

One of many insulting aspects about Last Jedi is how it basically retconned Force Users into being like X-Men mutants. They're just born pre-packaged with all the skills they need to be awesome. That was basically TLJ's answer to all this Mary Sue talk. Even the little kid who never had a day of Force training in his life, still "knows" how to use the Force to summon the broom.

Give Rey a Golf club and she'll out-do tiger Woods in his prime. Because, the Force.
    No I don't. I remember a farm boy and a 9 year old out piloting military trained pilots because The Force.

It's 100% bullshit lol

It's because of the clothes they had her wear throughout the movie.
  • highluluhighlulu Joined: Posts: 3,856
    edited January 12
    oops
    Umvc3 - (Nova/Frank/Dante) (Nova/Spencer/Strange) (Zero/Doom/Vergil)
    SF4 - Cammy, Ken

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file