Hi! We are in the final stages of the SRK forum migration. Soon, we will lock the forums so we can transfer over all the discussion threads. Please expect a downtime of a few days while we implement the migration. Thx for your patience.

Star Wars

Comments

• DarksakulDarksakul I find your lack of Faith Disturbing. Joined: Posts: 25,106
    edited February 5
    LordxMugen wrote: »
    I thought the movie was supposed to crib ideas from Guardians of the Galaxy, not just outright plagiarize. But I didnt expect anything from it, and well, I got exactly that.

But current Star Lord is based off Han Solo, and Guardians would not be where they are if it isn't for Star Wars.
    And it's isn't plagiarism if the same studio owns both properties.
    Pertho wrote: »
    Yeah, he went ham being meticulous about a lot of the plot holes.

Now I meed the pro side to give me somebody who spent 6 houts defending the movie. :rofl:

Sadly you aren't getting it
    The vocal ones are the ones who are all butt hurt.
    The majority of the people who like the movie is content and isn't going to raise a fuss (they just buy merchandise and buy movie tickets).
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I want the throne! Joined: Posts: 27,376
    Magegg wrote: »
    I skipped The Last Jedi

You are doing yourself a disservice.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 37,012 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    maxx wrote: »
    Optimus124 wrote: »
    I can't get what type of movie this is supposed to be. I also don't get the need to modify the ship's structural look.

heist/fast n the furious movie was pretty clear to me

So you are saying Han lives his life one parsec at a time?

you knew the min you typed that...you could see him saying it
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Beyond Anger... Ultra Rage Joined: Posts: 26,976
    I can't get what type of movie this is supposed to be. I also don't get the need to modify the ship's structural look.

heist/fast n the furious movie was pretty clear to me

I watched it again and I can see that. I just wonder how many threads its gonna throw out that can be hooked into it (prequel, current, and future setups).

None. They'll let Rian Johnson direct the follow up and he'll throw out everything in favor of pushing his terrible agenda and ideas.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • makmak!!!makmak!!! Going Bananas! Joined: Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Laughed while watching the trailer because I don't know where they are going for this movie. Seems like only the good thing about it is Donald Glover and of course chewie. So I assume by the end of the movie Han will be getting a facial reconstruction so he can hide from Jabba because he looks like liev schrieber right now.

Will watch it when it comes out on free TV next year.
    It has to start somewhere
    It has to start sometime
    What better place than here
    What better time than now.....
  • StockyJamStockyJam Wholier than Thou Joined: Posts: 6,233
    i like how the dude that did that indie short flick of han solo, that looks like harrison ford...still got passed over by hollywood elites for another unknown that looks nothing like ford.

cant win. i swear.
  • AlphaCharlieAlphaCharlie Joined: Posts: 1,254
    edited February 6
    I skipped The Last Jedi (not planning to watch Ep. IX either)

Good for you! You didn't have to sit through the various, full-house character assassinations that took place. This includes the new trilogy cast, as well as the OG guys. Everybody looked bad when it was over. Nor did you have to endure the feminazi agendas and the senseless, Golden Compass side quest.

Lord knows i wish i could get my money back. Not paying to see anymore of this shit either, starting with Solo.
    edited February 6
    not only does jamie costa(from han solo fan film) do a great impression of harrison ford, he even does a spot on impression of robin williams.

like.....how?!? why??? da fuck? his han is waaaaaay better than...whats his face. smdh at hollywood.

paul is right, hollywood is crazy.
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Beyond Anger... Ultra Rage Joined: Posts: 26,976
    Damn, nerds used love Portman like they did Summer Glau...

"Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • InfernomanInfernoman Bro as Hell Joined: Posts: 9,907 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Infernoman wrote: »
    I used to like her a lot and she does well in roles but she REALLY became such a snob where she hates these movies. She's all about those artsy movies more than ever and distances herself from star wars and thor now more than ever. Then again the star wars movies she was in weren't that great anyway. I don't know she's such a snippy little jew now.

I never realized just what a complete bitch she was until the awards:

Yeah I'm sure Guillermo Del Toro and Christopher Nolan are a part of a secret cabal to keep women down in the film industry. Frickin' entitled windbag.

And of course she's now a part of the Hollywood plastic surgery machine, looking like a slightly younger version of Caitlin Jenner in direct light:

I know she did mention in an interview years back she already would consider plastic surgery as she ages. A shame that she's doing this but guess she really wants to be one of those women in hollywood. I think she started drinking the SJW kool aid provided by those running things. Controversy does sell...
    po pimpus wrote: »

You're right I did, But she's become too full of herself. Away she goes!
    Who else in a movie wrestled an evil lesbian and by forcefully kissing her, turned her not only heterosexual but good as well? Exactly. That, my friend, is the power of Sean motherfucking Connery - Valaris
    And of course she's now a part of the Hollywood plastic surgery machine, looking like a slightly younger version of Caitlin Jenner in direct light:

Natalie-Portman:-2017-Oscar-Nominee-Luncheon--06-300x420.jpg

WTF. No way. She's only 36! Not even that old.
  • DukeCDukeC Ultimate Waifu Joined: Posts: 4,489
    Women hit the wall much faster than dudes. Self esteem only gets worse as they age.
    Nintendo Network ID: DukeC318
    PSN: DukeC101
    Capcom Fighting Network ID for SFV: SarahWalker
    good.
    I used to like her a lot and she does well in roles but she REALLY became such a snob where she hates these movies. She's all about those artsy movies more than ever and distances herself from star wars and thor now more than ever. Then again the star wars movies she was in weren't that great anyway. I don't know she's such a snippy little jew now.

I never realized just what a complete bitch she was until the awards:

Yeah I'm sure Guillermo Del Toro and Christopher Nolan are a part of a secret cabal to keep women down in the film industry. Frickin' entitled windbag.

I know she did mention in an interview years back she already would consider plastic surgery as she ages. A shame that she's doing this but guess she really wants to be one of those women in hollywood. I think she started drinking the SJW kool aid provided by those running things. Controversy does sell...
    po pimpus wrote: »

You're right I did, But she's become too full of herself. Away she goes!

someone working in hollywood is full of themselves?....i also heard water is wet

I know what I said...yeah some aren't 100% full of themselves but being that I was a fan of her, I noticed over time she just became more open to who she truly was. That or others influenced her (her fellow women/Jews/SJWs). Jennifer Lawrence was a recent example of decent personality but blew up and now is 200% bitch. *shrug*
    Who else in a movie wrestled an evil lesbian and by forcefully kissing her, turned her not only heterosexual but good as well? Exactly. That, my friend, is the power of Sean motherfucking Connery - Valaris
  • MageggMagegg Joined: Posts: 4,049
    I skipped The Last Jedi

You are doing yourself a disservice.
    Never been a fan of the 'Skywalker' saga. But I enjoyed Rogue One a lot and I hope to enjoy this a lot too :D
  • white shadowwhite shadow WHAT'S MY NAME NYUKAH?!!! Joined: Posts: 13,933 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited February 6
    I've been doing more research on the the origins of the Sith and the Jedi order and been think a pre-pre-prequel directed and animated by Gennedy Tartoskovy once again would rekindle my interest in the franchise. I would love to see his interpretation of the universe that helped truly draw me into the series in the first place.

Oh those were the days...

ZMQfC2h.gif

3458618-url.gif

It's sad because if she just decided to decided to age gracefully and exercise regularly she would look much better than the quasi-female she appears to be now.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTsikDK8hKhQK8OD6qZGh6fOsKcGezuL6ytLd2XkgPSCkTXVoA

For comparison sake a 40 year old Shakira still looks like she is of this earth just by ageing gracefully and not turning her face into a lab experiment.

3316689fffccb6e5a217923a75e8259e.jpg

It could be Esther Baxter vs. Pat Morita in drag and half of this board would be like "black chicks don't really turn me on sooo..." - Randomnigga

" Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?!!!"- Wayne Brady from Chappelle's Show. LOL!!!
    Wouldn't that basically be what Knights of the old Republic? Yes I know that time frame is far apart from Ep1 but it would be neat to dive deeper into the past.
  • 71M3BR34K3RR4D17Z71M3BR34K3RR4D17Z That One Guy Joined: Posts: 233
    Wouldn't that basically be what Knights of the old Republic? Yes I know that time frame is far apart from Ep1 but it would be neat to dive deeper into the past.

That era is rich with potential.
    If there is one thing Dan Hibiki taught me, it is that you can win by throwing autographs at people's faces.

somebody tell natalie portman theres a new fangled thing called cgi, and theres no need for plastic surgery cuz theyll make you look young on film.
    sean young in blade runner 2049
    18jpg.jpeg

sean young these days
    20-sean-young.w190.h190.2x.jpg
  • odinodin arch enthusiast Joined: Posts: 16,170 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited February 6
    Watched SNL this past Saturday, Portman looks like a normal 36 year old person.
    Relax with the psycho photos.

maxresdefault.jpg
  • Optimus124Optimus124 Joined: Posts: 4,015
    PSN, NNID and CFN ID: OPTIMUS124
    SF V - Dictator (that's all that interests me at the moment)
    SSB4 - Roy, Ike, and Shulk
    QFT: There's a thin line between being busy and bull$hittin
    lol i see donald going back to his nerdcore roots. hes gotta be the first nerdcore rapper to make it out of the genre

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    i hate that ugly sweater. disgusting.
  • NeverYouMindNeverYouMind Joined: Posts: 893
    edited February 7
    StockyJam wrote: »
    not only does jamie costa(from han solo fan film) do a great impression of harrison ford, he even does a spot on impression of robin williams.

like.....how?!? why??? da fuck? his han is waaaaaay better than...whats his face. smdh at hollywood.

paul is right, hollywood is crazy.
    I clicked on this thread by accident, so thanks for not making me regret it. His Robin Williams impression is spot on!

P.S. Paul is half right. However, it would probably be Robert Downey Jr. if Will Smith doesn't get it.
    8af91de63f23da200db081bfab2478a4.jpg
  • MageggMagegg Joined: Posts: 4,049
    Pertho wrote: »
    Never been a fan of the 'Skywalker' saga. But I enjoyed Rogue One a lot and I hope to enjoy this a lot too :D

So basically you don't like Star Wars.

"I like everything about Star Wars except the story."

:mrgreen:
    Exactly, dude. Exactly.
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 22,428
    Solo looks good. Will be seeing it.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
    at this point, id rather see less star wars movies and more tron movies.
    c'mon disney...make another tron movie! im starving for that.

im still confused why disney never continued that one. they made a good amount of money..what happened?

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
  • SaitsuSaitsu No Longer Fantasy, This Is Reality Joined: Posts: 35,871
    Solo looks like...a movie...that exists. That's about the best I can do.
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 22,428
    Yea I'd love for more Tron. Not sure why Disney dropped it other then the epxanded media stuff not doing so hot (Like the CGI cartoon an shit)
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
    On Tron:

Wasn't profitable enough...Disneyland was ready to add in a new Tron coaster to the SoCal park and scrapped it (which is funny that they basically used it in Shanghai). Tron 3 was put on hold for now.

The last Tron movie kinda sucked.
  • Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The King of Wakanda Joined: Posts: 10,062

The last Tron movie kinda sucked.

And the last cartoon had abysmal ratings. At one the shows producer was practically begging people to watch it. It must of had poor promotion, I just found out about it recently.
    CFN: Darc_Requiem (PS4)
    CFN: Dark_Requiem (PC)
    WAKANDA FOREVER!!!!
    ShoRyuKen Warriors Backup Forum
    http://s15.zetaboards.com/SRK_Asylum/index/

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file