Star Wars

Comments

• goodm0urninggoodm0urning AWKWARD... BITCH Joined: Posts: 14,235
    Teaser clip from the live-action Star Wars TV show that briefly in production before the Disney sale.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=RML7xtSVlGk
  • SerpentSerpent Holy Phoenix Joined: Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Wolfkiller wrote: »

The badly burned Anakin, consumed physically by fire just as he was consumed mentally by the dark side, goes into the suit. At the same time, his anguished and dying wife...

This is the kind of shit that people conveniently forget to talk about in their rush to enumerate the crimes that George Lucas has personally perpetrated upon them in his consummate gall to make his own movies.

Wait, you mean the scene where she is dying from.... a broken heart?? And we are talking about the couple who fell in "love" when Anakin was like 6 and has no clue what love is? All the pretty sweeping music in the world won't give drama and emotion to a movie whose plot and characters are so poorly written.

There is a reason people prefer to pretend these movies were never made. I like to remember Vader as the galactic bad ass who would mind choke a nigga for mouthing off, not the emo psycho who murders children.

You don't think that can happen? I thought it was pretty well known that it does, quite often actually. There's even a medical term for it that I can't remember, but I'm sure you can look it up on google somehow.

• TaitoTaito Great Thing Joined: Posts: 7,096
    edited October 2013
    The YouTube Star Wars channel has been uploading the original SW trailers this month, starting with 4 and 5
    http://www.youtube.com/user/starwars?feature=watch

Which might not mean a whole lot.. unless they plan to upload a teaser for 7 before the end of the year?
  • CanadianDstryrCanadianDstryr The Mundane Cinderella Joined: Posts: 2,071
    Only this year did I really start digging into the expanded universe books and comics. There's so much content out there, so many interesting stories in the universe.

I powered through the Thrawn books then the Dark Empire comics in a few weeks.
    Read a couple disconnected books, Scoundrels was pretty cool, it was a heist story lead by fucking Han Solo.

Beyond that though I'm not too sure where I want to go next. If anybody has any suggestions feel free to throw some my way.

Also, I remember hearing not that long ago there was supposed to be a what-if comic based on Lucas' original notes for the Star Wars films. Did that ever happen?

Also, if we're ranking the films, my list
    1. Empire Strikes Back
    T3. Star Wars
    Return of the Jedi
    4. Attack of the Clones
    5. Revenge of the Sith
    6. Phantom Menace
  • JoshkazJoshkaz Princess Luna is my Waifu Joined: Posts: 15,220
    edited October 2013

Apparently the first issue came out last month.
    "You embarrass me," said Shadow, smiling. Then Shadow took his penis out and picked Cream up. "Let me charge up for a super ejaculation!" Shadow laid Cream down on the ground and then took his penis with him, which was already huge and shaking with sex energy, and found Cream's Piggy Bank, which was full of coins and dollars and things to save up for money, so she could buy what she wanted when she had enough inside it. Shadow took it and using his muscular penis, smashed a hole right through the piggy bank so now it was sitting on top of his penis like a hat. Shadow's penis looked like it belonged in a fashion show.
    Apparently the 2nd issue is out as well. I've been slacking.
  • Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 5,874
    Jion_Wansu wrote: »

Star Wars Episode VII: Outcast (movie will be based on books 1-3)

Star Wars Episode VIII: Allies (movie will be based on books 4-6)

Star Wars Episode IX: Apocalypse (movie will be based on 7-9)

Darth Krayt is in Book 9 (Apocalypse) of this series

Here's what I think they should do, like in my 1st post...
  • OGSFOGSF Joined: Posts: 713
    Recently seen new pics of Fisher and Hammill getting into shape for Episode VII. I wonder who the Sith will be in the sequel trilogy?
    "The few prosper, while the rest suffer." - OGSF
    Darth Maul 2.0

Hope they just do Thrawn trilogy though.
    "You embarrass me," said Shadow, smiling. Then Shadow took his penis out and picked Cream up. "Let me charge up for a super ejaculation!" Shadow laid Cream down on the ground and then took his penis with him, which was already huge and shaking with sex energy, and found Cream's Piggy Bank, which was full of coins and dollars and things to save up for money, so she could buy what she wanted when she had enough inside it. Shadow took it and using his muscular penis, smashed a hole right through the piggy bank so now it was sitting on top of his penis like a hat. Shadow's penis looked like it belonged in a fashion show.
  • MatriarchMatriarch Lilim Joined: Posts: 2,781
    Finished the Clone Wars series on Netflix. Really enjoyed it and made me wish the movies were done in a similar quality.

The characters were portrayed so much better.
    Matriarch wrote: »
    Finished the Clone Wars series on Netflix. Really enjoyed it and made me wish the movies were done in a similar quality.

I heard that the planet which is enclosed by a monolith is also in that series. In the Fate of the Jedi series it's referenced and is where Abeloth came from. I always wondered if The One Sith and The Lost Tribe Of The Sith ever knew about each other or have crossed paths because both Sith factions were around at the same time, Darth Krayt's One Sith and The Lost Tribe Of The Sith from Kesh.
  • blitzfublitzfu Cosmic Power Joined: Posts: 3,072
    Star Wars needs better martial arts scenes, better fight scenes in general.

Thanks to Ray Park, Darth Maul was the best Sith fighter IMO. Obi Wan vs Maul = pure gold.

Obi Wan vs Anakin was not bad, 2nd best fight scene in both trilogies.

All the other Star Wars saber duels were meh.
  • chadouken!chadouken! less < more Joined: Posts: 5,025
    Nah man, Empire's duel with the Vader reveal is still hype as fuck.
    I'm a grown fucking man, if I wanna smoke a crack pipe on a friend's birthday, I wanna smoke a crack pipe.
    -ArtVandelay, 2017
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,387 mod
    edited July 2014
    New X-Wing design.

Interesting that this new design is so much closer to Ralpha McQuarrie's original concept art for it from back in the late 70s.
    DdiJTos.jpg
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
    Matriarch wrote: »

There's actually two different series, and the second series had something like six seasons. Did you watch all of it?

I missed a few eps off the second series. The first one is pretty short and probably a bit better, but the second one does so much more because if its length.

I liked both series quite a bit.

But I still maintain to this day the very best Star Wars lore and experience is KOTOR2 with SLRCM. You have to get the companion quests done to really get the full back story, Atton especially takes has a deep story. Kreia is probably the best female character I've ever seen in video games, voiced by a very talented Shakesperean actress. If you haven't played it, I think you will really enjoy it.
    Never was Fond of Kotor 2 even with the SLRCM.

Game just feels too unfinished and if they had more time to work on it it would have beat Kotor 1.
    Joshkaz wrote: »
    Never was Fond of Kotor 2 even with the SLRCM.

Game just feels too unfinished and if they had more time to work on it it would have beat Kotor 1.

What's the last version of it that you played? I've felt it has surpassed Kotor1 for a very long time now.
    edited July 2014
    Been awhile, but I think it was 1.7? Might have been 1.8

Been like 2+ years since I've played it so I really don't remember what version it was.
    Is this Darth Krayt before he became Darth Krayt (Hett)

star-wars-episode-vii-set.jpg
  • pedoviejopedoviejo Thuggin in da Kitchen Joined: Posts: 13,848
    Liike sith species? It's Korriban
    ______________________________________________________________________________

Complete my life Capcom, and make a Megaman Legends 3 exclusive for PS4. Do it, do it for the glory that should be and would be.
    edited September 2014
    Talking the Species itself then I believe it is Korriban.

Korriban and Zoist are both homeworlds.
    Will we see Ship in episode 7?
  • SesshomaruSesshomaru Joined: Posts: 576
    Im not watching it in theathers, waiting for the blu ray version
  • WeeabooWeeaboo The Dream is dead. . . Joined: Posts: 1,379
    I have questions that I hope someone could answer: Are there established canon books detailing events between the Prequel Trilogy movies? If their are,how will the new character introduced in Star Wars: Rebels be part of the Star Wars lore? Were they ever born around that time,etc?
    edited October 2014
    The official Canon now is just
    Episode 1-6, The Clone wars Cartoon and movie, maybe the 2002 clone wars cartoon, and the new movie, and new cartoon.

EU books have been pretty much called 100% uncanon when before they were pretty much canon if they didn't fuck with 1-6 and the cartoons.

So there is a new timeline sorta, and they can just add new shit to it whenever. Doesn't matter.
  • WeeabooWeeaboo The Dream is dead. . . Joined: Posts: 1,379
    Damn are you serious? I mean I knew they crucified the EU and all,but why the books that happens between the MOVIES.You would think they would at least keep those canon,but nah they decide to nuke it all.

Just as I was starting to dive into some Star Wars lore,because of my renew interested in Star wars.....
  • WastedWasted Verbal Diarrhetic Joined: Posts: 5,868
    edited October 2014
    The new canon:
    • Film 1-6
    • 2008 Clone Wars, and its film
    • Star Wars Rebels

The 2002 Clone Wars series is no longer canon. Everything here on out is going to be canon and tying in, starting with Rebels and Episode 7.

Star Wars Rebels is actually looking kinda fun, going by the first 3 eps.
    SFV: Ken, with THAT ORANGE COSTUME

I have nobody to play with, so I typically talk out of my ass.
    Go for it.

The EU is pretty godlike, and unless the new movie and EU is great I'll prob be considering the EU more canon than the new shit.
  • InfernomanInfernoman Bro as Hell Joined: Posts: 9,315
    2002 clone wars now non canon? Well fuck that! Shit was nothing short of amazing! I am disappoint...
    Who else in a movie wrestled an evil lesbian and by forcefully kissing her, turned her not only heterosexual but good as well? Exactly. That, my friend, is the power of Sean motherfucking Connery - Valaris
  • WastedWasted Verbal Diarrhetic Joined: Posts: 5,868
    Yup, sorry man.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_Clone_Wars

2003 series is part of Star Wars Legends (i.e. EU and everything else that's non-canon), now.
    SFV: Ken, with THAT ORANGE COSTUME

I have nobody to play with, so I typically talk out of my ass.
    So, this is not good or maybe it is. What do you guys believe?

http://screenrant.com/star-wars-extended-universe-explained/

Mortal Kombat changed their timeline and stories so maybe it can work for Star Wars as well.
  • ArtVandelayArtVandelay Architect Joined: Posts: 5,444
    Weeaboo wrote: »
    I have questions that I hope someone could answer: Are there established canon books detailing events between the Prequel Trilogy movies? If their are,how will the new character introduced in Star Wars: Rebels be part of the Star Wars lore? Were they ever born around that time,etc?

According to Lucas everything except for his movies is bullshit.
    CFN: NaughtySenpai
    Think of VII as essentially a reboot. Lots of series do it, Star Trek and X-Men recently come to mind basically rebooting while bringing in the old actors to sort of pass the torch (which is also going to happen in VII).

The old stuff doesn't really matter going forward. If you like the old stuff you can still enjoy it, I don't see what difference it makes whether it's canon or not. I still hold the opinion the KOTOR series was the best Star Wars lore, and I'm pretty sure it never "counted."
  • Pimp WillyPimp Willy "I guarantee we got a rat in the house!" Joined: Posts: 10,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I watched the Rebels movie and first episode with my son, whose 4 and a half. He likes all the other star wars movies too, especially the new trilogy, which is to be expected. We also watched a lot of the clone wars cartoon together too.

Funnily enough, we spend so much time at Disneyland, his first exposure to Star Wars was the Star Tours ride, and it grew from there. Hes been begging me to buy him a chopper toy too.

The new show looks fun, interested to see where it goes

e$ports
    FC: 0018-4935-1331
  • ArtVandelayArtVandelay Architect Joined: Posts: 5,444
    Pimp Willy wrote: »
    He likes all the other star wars movies too, especially the new trilogy

If my own flesh and blood would like the new trilogy, I'd either give him away for adoption or hang myself.

I'm dead serious.
    CFN: NaughtySenpai
  • VynceVynce Hater. Joined: Posts: 14,655
    I'd pay...$60 for a TIE Fighter remake. Pretty sure.
    "My name is Pertho and I like whoopi goldbergs tits."-Pertho
    Somehow I missed the Rebels movie, which is weird as there were ads and shit all over leading up to it. Going to check that out now.
  • Pimp WillyPimp Willy "I guarantee we got a rat in the house!" Joined: Posts: 10,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Isn't it airing the 13th? Or is that the show?

I watched em on the iPad XD app which has shows a week early

e$ports
    FC: 0018-4935-1331
    I'd assume the show starts on the 13th, which follows if the iPad app gets content early that would explain the 40 minute special and one episode being up on streaming sites.