Star Wars

Comments

• OGSFOGSF Joined: Posts: 713
    ...but I wanted to see Vestara Khai and Darth Krayt and Ship. Darth Krayt makes an appearance in the Fate of the Jedi series.
    "The few prosper, while the rest suffer." - OGSF
  • WastedWasted Verbal Diarrhetic Joined: Posts: 5,868
    Fate of the Jedi was moved over to Legends/non-canon.

If it's not in the movies, the 2008 Clone Wars series, or Star Wars Rebels, it doesn't mean shit anymore.
    SFV: Ken, with THAT ORANGE COSTUME

I have nobody to play with, so I typically talk out of my ass.
  • WeeabooWeeaboo The Dream is dead. . . Joined: Posts: 1,379
    edited October 2014
    I know I'm beating a dead horse here,but I need to get this off my chest because its kinda of bothering me a bit. How are the characters portrayed in Star Wars:Rebels fit in the new canon? I mean their is literally no mention of the characters in the Original Trilogy,Prequel Trilogy or the 2008 Clone Wars whatsoever and correct me if I'm wrong ,but Star Wars: Rebels is only 5 years before the Original Trilogy.

I'm just trying warp my brain around this,because frankly somethings just ain't making sense to me :\
  • Pimp WillyPimp Willy "I guarantee we got a rat in the house!" Joined: Posts: 10,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Senator Organa, R2D2 and C3P0 are all in the first episode. These rebels are what sets the entire rebellion in motion.

e$ports
    FC: 0018-4935-1331
  • CanadianDstryrCanadianDstryr The Mundane Cinderella Joined: Posts: 2,071
    That sounds stupid as shit, but I'm willing to see where the show goes and be proven wrong.

I'm made more skeptical by just how many force users we have just through episode 3. Two major protagonists, the sith inquisitor, plus hologram Ewan McGregor if you count him just seems like overkill in a time where force users were practically non existent.
    Personally I believe Star Wars:Rebels is just there to wet some people's appetite.

I believe the REAL judgement call on whether or not this canon is worth it all will comes from the new Star Wars movie...
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,386 mod
    James Earl Jones is coming back to voice Vader in an extended version of the Rebels season premiere!
    http://www.cnet.com/news/james-earl-jones-to-voice-darth-vader-in-star-wars-rebels/
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
  • NickRocksNickRocks Lil B Was Right Joined: Posts: 22,634
    Episode one still rules!
    King of the Post-09ers
    Last of the Prembers, R.I.P. my nibbas
    Maximilian is a racist thief
    https://clips.twitch.tv/maximilian_dood/DifferentBeeHeyGuys
  • ArtVandelayArtVandelay Architect Joined: Posts: 5,444
    The only thing that's good about Episode 1 is this review:

CFN: NaughtySenpai
    Darth Maul,best thing that came out of that monstrosity....
    Weeaboo wrote: »
    Personally I believe Star Wars:Rebels is just there to wet some people's appetite.

I believe the REAL judgement call on whether or not this canon is worth it all will comes from the new Star Wars movie...

Greg Weisman said it was canon (before he left the show).

• Lord_RaptorLord_Raptor Joined: Posts: 8,810
    Wait Weisman was on the show? Probably a good thing he left, man is cursed.
    Are you right? Are you READY!?
    Weisman is executive producer for Season 1. He is not returning for Season 2 - the reasons are not public; however:

At this point, everything put out by Disney is now canon. They won't be doing what was done back in the day where certain things were in the nebulous realm of the Expanded Universe or when he had levels of canonicity.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
    For anyone who missed it. Here's James Earl Jones as Vader in the extended version of the pilot.
    -Mike_Z

-PersiaXO
    Here's the title:

Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens (2015)
  • SerpentSerpent Holy Phoenix Joined: Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    That sounds stupid as shit, but I'm willing to see where the show goes and be proven wrong.

I'm made more skeptical by just how many force users we have just through episode 3. Two major protagonists, the sith inquisitor, plus hologram Ewan McGregor if you count him just seems like overkill in a time where force users were practically non existent.

Well, Ezra isn't really trained so the Empire wouldn't have known about him. That other guy is just not all that great and is also clearly on the run.

The only real problem would be the Inquisitor, but that's always been an issue with the "Rule of Two" and having other force users running around on the Sith side.

But I guess they keep a bunch, just not on the "Darth" track.

Even if Vader kills off all the Jedi, more force users will always pop up because you can't actually extinguish it. Anakin himself was, I suppose, created by the force, but not really as a Jedi and wasn't discovered by them until much later. "Too old he is" and all that.

But the same is true for Sith, they seem to just pop up as well. Even without training it looks like people refine their abilities. The Jedi had extinguished all the Sith, or so they thought, before Sidious and Maul showed up.

Anyway I watched a few episodes. I think maybe 3 or 4, the last one I remember is him infiltrating the Sith academy as a cadet.

I do agree that you wonder about why we don't see any other force users in the OT. Just Sidious, Vader, Obi-wan, Yoda and then Luke. That's it, absolutely nobody else, no mentions of anybody else on either side. The Empire troops openly mock the Force as a hokey old religion (and then get choked out). If there were more Sith running around you'd think they wouldn't feel that way. I never read the EU though, but from what I gather there were a ton more force users right after Episode VI, so they must have been around during the OT too and just never mentioned. Theoretically Ohsoka could still be around as well.
  • Lord_RaptorLord_Raptor Joined: Posts: 8,810
    The reason given during the EU why we didn't see many during the OT *Other than Lucas hadn't thought that far ahead, honestly I wouldn't worry to much about other Force USers not being around during OT* is that they all kept on the DL because Vader was always hunting them down & killing them. Their were a few exceptions that became Agents like Mara Jade but for the most part it didn't matter if you were on the Light or Dark, you got deaded.
    Are you right? Are you READY!?
    Remember Darth Krayt was in hiding until after Darth Vader and Darth Caedus died. Also the Sith from Kesh don't know about Darth Krayt and his legion of the One Sith, even though both Sith factions exist at the same time...
  • StockyJamStockyJam Joined: Posts: 5,509
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/star-wars-trailer-how-can-i-see-it-751832

so a teaser trailer is gonna get released in certain theaters this weekend?
    lol, sorry didn't read the whole article...just woke up.

STAR WARS The Force Awakens I think its called
    I'm so stoked for this!

I found out that the Regal cinema here in Atlantic Station,Atlanta is gonna show it.
    It's here!
    -Mike_Z

-PersiaXO
  • TaitoTaito Great Thing Joined: Posts: 7,096
    Hey, it's the black guy from 24 who got framed for a drone attack.

Looks like Abrams Star Trek, with designs heavily leaning toward SWOT.
    Lightsaber crossguards are eh, though I can see how they can be practical as a way to catch someone's blade if they try to slide it past your own.

New McQuarrie-esque X-Wing designs didn't really stand out in that lighting.

Cumberbatch as narrator was the best thing about it.
    -Mike_Z

-PersiaXO
  • Dragonfave723Dragonfave723 Kiss the future! Joined: Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    What a stupid looking lightsaber
    It may look stupid at first, but I think it's designed in a way to protect their hands from getting cut off by other sabers.
    hecatombz wrote: »
    Im wondering if they are basing it off the books were Han solos kids become Jedis.
    I don't think so. Everything EU, especially post ROTJ is now non-canon..
    -Mike_Z

-PersiaXO
    edited November 2014
    I don't know why,but for some reason people are caught up on the crossguard of the lightsaber(I think that's what is called) in the comment section.

I mean what's the problem with it?
  • pedoviejopedoviejo Thuggin in da Kitchen Joined: Posts: 13,848
    Saw the trailer, not buying the hype. Thanks marvel.

I do hope it's really good.
    ______________________________________________________________________________

Complete my life Capcom, and make a Megaman Legends 3 exclusive for PS4. Do it, do it for the glory that should be and would be.
    @remonster‌

Those subtle changes + the explanation, makes the crossguard on the lightsaber more sense.
  • ArtVandelayArtVandelay Architect Joined: Posts: 5,444
    k
    I don't know why,but for some reason people are caught up on the crossguard of the lightsaber(I think that's what is called) in the comment section.

Personally that image made me fear we see more stupid ass shit like:

tumblr_lu7l9wbXQV1qgfp31o1_400.gif

or

DualLightSaber.gif

I'm already hoping that this film sucks ass so I can get a new Plinkett review.
    CFN: NaughtySenpai
    Ok the four lightsaber with General Grievous was some dumb shit but Darth Maul's Doublesaber was some good shit IMO
    Crossguard lightsaber already exists in the old EU.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Crossguard_lightsaber

So it's not like they're pulling shit out of their asses here.
    -Mike_Z

-PersiaXO
  • Optimus124Optimus124 Joined: Posts: 3,701
    edited November 2014
    Saw the trai
    k

Personally that image made me fear we see more stupid ass shit like:

tumblr_lu7l9wbXQV1qgfp31o1_400.gif

or

DualLightSaber.gif

I'm already hoping that this film sucks ass so I can get a new Plinkett review.

Grevious was a terrible thing. It was used for basically 30 seconds and never impressed me one bit. Darth Maul was a formidable adversary all the way around. Even if you didn't like the thought of the staff, that has to be one of the best choreographed fights in the saga.

So about this trailer. did it get me hyped, somewhat. The only thing that I got out of it is that the Force Awakens, nostalgia makes everything better, and J Abrams direction style is really different from George Lucas'. If that scene with the Millenium Falcon is the way Abrams is gonna shoot space battles, it's gonna blow the one in Return of the Jedi out of the water.
    PSN, NNID and CFN ID: OPTIMUS124
    SF V - Dictator (that's all that interests me at the moment)
    SSB4 - Roy, Ike, and Shulk
    QFT: There's a thin line between being busy and bull$hittin