Star Wars

Comments

• ManxManx Something is wrong... Joined: Posts: 22,357 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Tougher the scoundrel, the softer the... rise? Er... fall? 'cause that's what it'd be for a Sith to turn face. Uhh... I'm confused. But at least I'm not scruffy-lookin'.

:tup:
    ... and I'm out like I stole somethin'
    SRK thieves lasted about 5 mins until "tha man" locked me up. Even on SRK a thief's gotta hit the underground!
    "So I just realized the crip walk is just black people's version of the riverdance." - Havatchu
    "Brittany Spears gave me a leg job in an Alabama gas station bathroom" - Shaft Agent

My blog, where I write like it means something or some shit: http://manxbladesake.wordpress.com/
    Official 'Kevin Witness'
    Achievement unlocked! Offered drugs to a SRKer in real life
  • locoghoullocoghoul Fuck Chun Joined: Posts: 3,784
    Matriarch wrote: »
    I hope it turns out Rey is the apprentice that killed Luke's students and they wiped her memories and dumped her on a desert planet.

Rey on the Darkside would be so much more interesting than a Mary Sue who can do anything and everything the plot needs her to.

Then they could let Kylo go light again so he could redeem himself.

Rey would make an amazing villian as little miss perfect, and Kylo would make a much better hero.

Although I agree this would make the series much better than anything they have planned so far, I don't think they'll do it. Rey has established herself the "princess Sophia" of SW, doubt they gonna do anything negative with her. Expect her to represent the calm side (Light) of the Force that overcomes the oppression of white males (lol) to go full circle on the feminist pandering
    3DS Friend Code: 3239-3711-4829
    Pimp Willy wrote: »
    Uh, did we watch the same movie? That girl is filled with rage.

when she had that Matrixesque "Tank upload me the Force program please" "Got it Rey" moment, she calmed down and proceeded to kick Emo Ren's ass. What you perceived as rage could be also applied to Obi Wan's fight against Maul after Qui Gon got peaced out
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,451 mod
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 21,419
    locoghoul wrote: »

when she had that Matrixesque "Tank upload me the Force program please" "Got it Rey" moment, she calmed down and proceeded to kick Emo Ren's ass. What you perceived as rage could be also applied to Obi Wan's fight against Maul after Qui Gon got peaced out
    Ben came dangerously close to succumbing to the dark side when Qui Gon died
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
    edited April 2016
  • ManxManx Something is wrong... Joined: Posts: 22,357 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

He played himself, ignoring his master's and fucking Yoda's advice and trying to train Anakin. In the end he was still driven to bring balance to The Force though, so herpa derpa Vader was defeated by Anakin. :mad:
    ... and I'm out like I stole somethin'
    SRK thieves lasted about 5 mins until "tha man" locked me up. Even on SRK a thief's gotta hit the underground!
    "So I just realized the crip walk is just black people's version of the riverdance." - Havatchu
    "Brittany Spears gave me a leg job in an Alabama gas station bathroom" - Shaft Agent

My blog, where I write like it means something or some shit: http://manxbladesake.wordpress.com/
    Official 'Kevin Witness'
    Achievement unlocked! Offered drugs to a SRKer in real life
  • NAPNAP Joined: Posts: 1,812
    The whole prophecy thing was so vague. Vader was obviously an important character from ESB on, but I think it was a huge mistake to make him some weird space Jesus that will bring balance to the entire galaxy or whatever. I like the idea of him just being a particularly powerful Jedi who was lured to the dark side much better.
    Manx wrote: »

He played himself, ignoring his master's and fucking Yoda's advice and trying to train Anakin. In the end he was still driven to bring balance to The Force though, so herpa derpa Vader was defeated by Anakin. :mad:
    Lul wut?
    NAP wrote: »
    The whole prophecy thing was so vague. Vader was obviously an important character from ESB on, but I think it was a huge mistake to make him some weird space Jesus that will bring balance to the entire galaxy or whatever. I like the idea of him just being a particularly powerful Jedi who was lured to the dark side much better.

plus it was never fulfilled in the "superpowerful" side. Like all we got is clone wars and non canonic stuff to see how powerful he is/was. Minute he turns into Darth Vader he does what exactly? Kills some padawans, kills some unarmed Separatists, destroyed some droids, gets rekt by Obi Wan... What a powerful jedi lol.

Remember Palpatine telling Yoda "Darth Vader will become more powerful than both of us"? What a fucking joke
  • Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 5,879
    Rey is not a Marry Sue.

Gonna be reeeaaal hard for them to make Kylo out to be a hero.

Oh yeah??? Get some WWE writers and it won't be too hard, if you know what I mean...
    Infernoman wrote: »
    Neither knew he was going to get burned to the point it gimps him. He got nerfed before he could use his max abilities.

yeah but according to six episodes and counting is not the body/physical power that makes a jedi more powerful. Palpatine rekt 4 jedis like a hot knife through butter despite looking like a George W. Bush body wise. Yoda should have beaten Dooku and many other younger Siths despite having +600 years. If you give me the artificial body argument, well Grievous was all metal and still moved just fine.

I mean, Darth Vader was pretty menacing on Ep 4-6 but there is no point of comparison as in how powerful Anakin/Vader was because you just see him battling Luke, who wasn't even a Jedi yet.
  • JoshkazJoshkaz Princess Luna is my Waifu Joined: Posts: 15,226
    edited April 2016
    Grevious wasnt a force user.

The force requires flesh and bones. If you replace a majority of your body with machines, then your force abilities drop a lot.

Anakin is pretty much a shell of his former self in terms of Force prowess when he donned the suit. If he never got burned to shit he would be ass raping planets.
    "You embarrass me," said Shadow, smiling. Then Shadow took his penis out and picked Cream up. "Let me charge up for a super ejaculation!" Shadow laid Cream down on the ground and then took his penis with him, which was already huge and shaking with sex energy, and found Cream's Piggy Bank, which was full of coins and dollars and things to save up for money, so she could buy what she wanted when she had enough inside it. Shadow took it and using his muscular penis, smashed a hole right through the piggy bank so now it was sitting on top of his penis like a hat. Shadow's penis looked like it belonged in a fashion show.
    Joshkaz wrote: »
    Grevious wasnt a force user.

The force requires flesh and bones. If you replace a majority of your body with machines, then your force abilities drop a lot.

Anakin is pretty much a shell of his former self in terms of Force prowess when he donned the suit. If he never got burned to shit he would be ass raping planets.

huh? I'm pretty sure he was using Force pushes or whatever is called. He also said himself he was taught by Count Dooku how to use the force. I don't like quoting movie lines to explain stuff cuz I know they just make things up but Yoda said himself is the mind that matters. Dunno where you are getting your flesh and bones argument from, could you please link a brother up?
    Grevious was not a force user.
    edited April 2016
    Grevious only knew lightsaber combat--which Dooku taught him.

" Droids, however, being mechanical creations, and thus possessing no midi-chlorians, could never sense the Force"

Midi_chlorians are in the cells of the body, and Anakin lost most of his body. He's still powerful considering he had like 20K Midi-chlorians per cell, but his potential plummeted to what it would have been, and with the suit itself being a shithole for Vader to use, limited him significantly.
    "You embarrass me," said Shadow, smiling. Then Shadow took his penis out and picked Cream up. "Let me charge up for a super ejaculation!" Shadow laid Cream down on the ground and then took his penis with him, which was already huge and shaking with sex energy, and found Cream's Piggy Bank, which was full of coins and dollars and things to save up for money, so she could buy what she wanted when she had enough inside it. Shadow took it and using his muscular penis, smashed a hole right through the piggy bank so now it was sitting on top of his penis like a hat. Shadow's penis looked like it belonged in a fashion show.
  • WeeabooWeeaboo The Dream is dead. . . Joined: Posts: 1,384
    Just gonna pretend midi-chlorians doesn't exist in this canon universe...
    Joshkaz wrote: »
    Grevious only knew lightsaber combat--which Dooku taught him.

" Droids, however, being mechanical creations, and thus possessing no midi-chlorians, could never sense the Force"

Midi_chlorians are in the cells of the body, and Anakin lost most of his body. He's still powerful considering he had like 20K Midi-chlorians per cell, but his potential plummeted to what it would have been, and with the suit itself being a shithole for Vader to use, limited him significantly.

ok ya sorry, not gonna take that midichlorians bs. Grievous had an organic heart btw but ok I'm gonna accept he wasn't a force user.

However, not just organic material was affected/sensitive to the Force

You may not like Midi-Chlorians, but they do determine how strong a force user is. Until Disney retcon's it; it's here to stay.

• SaitsuSaitsu Tranquilo...ASSENAYO! Joined: Posts: 34,588
    Weeaboo wrote: »
    Just gonna pretend midi-chlorians doesn't exist in this canon universe...

Go ahead, but ultimately the point is that Vader being half-machine wrecked his ceiling of Force ability. Vader being that powerful is utterly in spite of his condition. His power is due to years of work pushing out everything his body has left and harnessing it extremely efficiently. Vader isn't just powerful, he doesn't waste a movement. He'll use the bare minimum to kill you (unless he's trying to recruit you in which case, show-off time).

As for shitting on the whole "Vader will be more powerful than Palpatine and Yoda" that's all majorly subjective. He wouldn't be much use in a fight against Palpatine because Lightning vs Metal Limbs...Lightning wins and Yoda while strong was far past his prime.

Hell there's nothing saying that Palpatine was ever that particularly strong. Windu had him beat pretty free if not for Anakin's interference and Yoda just randomly gave up for no damn reason against Palpatine. Honestly if not for the Clone Wars series, he would look decently strong but nothing amazingly special.
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
    Saitsu wrote: »
    Hell there's nothing saying that Palpatine was ever that particularly strong. Windu had him beat pretty free if not for Anakin's interference and Yoda just randomly gave up for no damn reason against Palpatine. Honestly if not for the Clone Wars series, he would look decently strong but nothing amazingly special.
    Yoda told Obi Wan he wasn't strong enough to beat him. Palpatine killed 3 jedis fighting 1v4 including Windu.

Finally, you just happened to mention probably the two strongest Jedis the prequels saw. No shit they *should* have been able to beat Sidious. (Light should beat Dark if evenly matched unless you bring the dumb sword technique argument)
  • WeeabooWeeaboo The Dream is dead. . . Joined: Posts: 1,384
    For all intent & purposes I hope ST just avoid talking about midi chlorians all together.
  • SaitsuSaitsu Tranquilo...ASSENAYO! Joined: Posts: 34,588
    Saitsu wrote: »
    Yoda told Obi Wan he wasn't strong enough to beat him. Palpatine killed 3 jedis fighting 1v4 including Windu.

Finally, you just happened to mention probably the two strongest Jedis the prequels saw. No shit they *should* have been able to beat Sidious. (Light should beat Dark if evenly matched unless you bring the dumb sword technique argument)

Okay, he said he wasn't strong enough but come on. And then going into exile was the icing. There were still quite a few Jedi that could've used his guidance, but instead he decided to go hide himself because...reasons. It wasn't out of fear, Sidious is the only one who could arguably take him (and I still take into question his supposed inability to defeat Sidious because Sidious has bad tendencies in fights). If it was truly out of shame, as exile suggests, then it's just a selfish move that condemns the remaining few Jedi to death because they REALLY could've used his damn help.

As for Palpatine's strength I actually was playing Devil's Advocate because as I mentioned in the same post, the Clone Wars ended up showing how powerful he truly was because...you know, they didn't have to force an old man into action scenes. But his strength in comparison to Anakin is still subjective just because there's no real way to find out or even accurately judge it.

And the note on "Light should beat Dark if evenly matched", that's stupid even if it does end up being true. If Light and Dark are evenly matched then...it should be evenly fucking matched. A coin flip, coming down to a various amount of outside factors.
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
    A good part of Palpatine's power comes from knowledge. He knows more of the Dark Side than anyone else at that point

As for Vader, he's weaker simply because of how close to death he was. So now he's carrying all that extra metallic mass just to keep himself alive since his lungs and other shit have been nearly burned out. (compare to say, Maul who only needs, but still has working internal organs).
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
    Dumb plot aside, had Yoda killed Palpatine, war would have been over at that point, Anakin would have died on Mustafar system and they (Obi Wan and Yoda) could have started a new generation of jedis starting with the Skywalker twins
    Yoda went into exile because he couldn't forgive himself for not noticing who Palpatine was. He was right next to the Dark Lord of the Sith and didn't even notice it for years. He could have prevented it, but he didn't open his eyes enough to see, so he went into exile as punishment for failing the galaxy.
  • Optimus124Optimus124 Joined: Posts: 3,702
    Got the Steelbook from Best Buy today. I am still wondering why movies still come packaged with DVD copies. Also, if you have any version with a digital copy, you have pretty much all of the major media providers available.
    PSN, NNID and CFN ID: OPTIMUS124
    SF V - Dictator (that's all that interests me at the moment)
    SSB4 - Roy, Ike, and Shulk
    QFT: There's a thin line between being busy and bull$hittin
    I still use a dvd player ;-;

I don't trust no new fangled Blu-rays
  • RockBogartRockBogart Donkologist, Ph.D Joined: Posts: 37,400 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Bought the Target version with the extra content. The case is hella cheap though :rofl:
  • NAPNAP Joined: Posts: 1,812
    Picked the bluray up today. Weird that they sell it with a DVD and digital version for five dollars more than the DVD alone.
  • Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The Light Emitting Darkness Joined: Posts: 8,250
    Are the extra scenes worth price of admission?
    edited April 2016
    Are the extra scenes worth price of admission?

From what I have watched, no. You can probably wait a few days and watch them on Youtube. It's cool, but not enough to go buy the disc just for special features.