Star Wars

Comments

• J-rideJ-ride OG Member Joined: Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Woman was created for our destruction, and it is from her we inherit all of our miseries.

Aramis from The Three Musketeers
  • RockBogartRockBogart Donkologist, Ph.D Joined: Posts: 37,388 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Rogue One trailer more hype than TFA :rofl:
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 21,376
    Looks dope.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • ElectroManiacElectroManiac Joined: Posts: 382
    edited April 2016
    Love the trailer. Wonder if we are going to see any of the Rebels cast on it.
    Post edited by ElectroManiac on
    Steam: Electro
    Tekken 7 Mains: Dragunov and Feng Second: Josie
  • affinityaffinity Joined: Posts: 2,646
    RockBogart wrote: »

nope. Rogue One is nothing without lightsabers. While Rebels vs Imperials are the heart of conflicts, Jedi vs Sith is what places Star Wars above other sci fi. without it, it would just be another gun users vs gun users pew pew tale. maybe Rogue One will have some lightsaber users, I dunno what Imperial Jyn is carrying on her back, twin lightsabers? maybe something else, but it is possible lightsaber tech could be used, even without force powers. Han in Episode V sure didn't need Jedi training to cut a tauntaun open with one. and Finn used a lightsaber without any force/lightsaber training. someone doesnt need to be force sensitive like Rey to know how to handle a lightsaber.

but read the writers of Rogue One want that movie to be more like Saving Private Ryan. sounds really boring. lightsaber combat is what really makes Star Wars shine.
    Samurai Shodown V Special uncensored + online crossplay PS4 and Vita
    https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/07/13/arcade-legend-samurai-shodown-v-special-coming-to-ps4-vita/
  • Shinkuu TatsumakiShinkuu Tatsumaki Joined: Posts: 6,788
    edited April 2016
    Rogue One seems have a much darker tone, which is nice. I don't really care that the lead is a female like some people. Let the women enjoy the fairy tale. Maybe one day they'll see what happens to women in the real world who get captured by the enemy.

Hype as hell for this though.

Poor George.
  • WeeabooWeeaboo The Dream is dead. . . Joined: Posts: 1,379
    affinity wrote: »

nope. Rogue One is nothing without lightsabers. While Rebels vs Imperials are the heart of conflicts, Jedi vs Sith is what places Star Wars above other sci fi. without it, it would just be another gun users vs gun users pew pew tale. maybe Rogue One will have some lightsaber users, I dunno what Imperial Jyn is carrying on her back, twin lightsabers? maybe something else, but it is possible lightsaber tech could be used, even without force powers. Han in Episode V sure didn't need Jedi training to cut a tauntaun open with one. and Finn used a lightsaber without any force/lightsaber training. someone doesnt need to be force sensitive like Rey to know how to handle a lightsaber.

but read the writers of Rogue One want that movie to be more like Saving Private Ryan. sounds really boring. lightsaber combat is what really makes Star Wars shine.

shut yo bitch ass up.
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 36,297 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    wow. did sennin use some cloning device. wtf
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
  • itzpookiieitzpookiie Sherry Jenix's Soulmate Joined: Posts: 3,957
    edited April 2016
    affinity wrote: »

don't know about you
    I always like futuristic firefights with the pew pew lasers
    I loved playing battlefront 1 and 2
    also republic commando

did you not enjoy the large scale battles in star wars?
  • CDB2CDB2 Joined: Posts: 2,893
    Trailer me like:
    giphy.gif

When's Christmas!?!?

This....!!
    Holy shit, thank you Disney for back to back SW movies...and Rebels!!!

Now can I have a Jedi combat based game for next-gen consoles!!

....and OT, Shego from K.P. and Dr. Sttange for Disney Infinity.. ;)

Tekken 7: Kazyua, Dragnov
    Injustice: Black Adam, Starfire, Batman, Sub-Zero
    SFV: Laura, Menat
  • ElectroManiacElectroManiac Joined: Posts: 382
    Steam: Electro
    Tekken 7 Mains: Dragunov and Feng Second: Josie
  • angelpalmangelpalm Stop enjoying things Joined: Posts: 23,594 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    maxx wrote: »
    lmfao why is mark hamhill mean mugging the cam in that force for change ad.

"oh wait I have dialog? I am use to just staring intently."

Was hype for rogue one because of donnie yen until I saw that it is another bs girlpower movie and donnie will probably be a useless butt monkey like everyone else that wasn't rey in tfa. Would be nice if they at least made these white bitches work out for these starring roles in what are basically scifi action flicks. That chick from man of steel should of had her own movie before these hos.

Mains:
    Blazpoo -Continual Shit: Tiddy Witch
    Crapcom Big foot Sex simulator V - Pc muscle mod edition: That dude that slaps his ass.
    Aggressors of Koliseum Kombat: Kisarah
    Rapelay: Kimura
    http://helloracist.com/
  • MOB712MOB712 Joined: Posts: 1,240
    I love ppl who get mad over women in lead action roles, especially in big franchises.

The shit makes no logical sense to be mad about.

Somehow in the infinite ocean of movies with male action heroes, the 2 or 3 female lead movies are somehow sacrilegious.

Shit is stupid as fuck.

• RugalitarianRugalitarian B-tier for Beautiful Joined: Posts: 3,859
    Looks like shit just like Force Awakens was. I guess they're gonna keep pumping out shitty Star Wars movies every year from now on. Cool.
    all chun liz moevs go thru vegz
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 36,297 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    lmfao dudes in here gettin butt hurt over nothing. how is this like force awakens...how? cause of a female lead? cause thats the only connection to the two films. nah i need someone to break that teaser down for how its shit ad how its similar to force awakens. gimme that venn diagagram nigga.
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
  • SaitsuSaitsu Tranquilo...ASSENAYO! Joined: Posts: 34,552
    wow. did sennin use some cloning device. wtf

Affinity is far worse than Sennin ever was.
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
  • highluluhighlulu Joined: Posts: 3,828
    Matriarch wrote: »
    One thing really bothered me about the finale.
    Helicopter lightsabres? Wtf...really?

yeah i'm sure those lightsabers have the correct aero-dynamics to create the proper lift... and yet are able to control themselves without a second set of blades to control with... yeah shit was dumb.
    Umvc3 - (Nova/Frank/Dante) (Nova/Spencer/Strange) (Zero/Doom/Vergil)
    SF4 - Cammy, Ken
  • RockBogartRockBogart Donkologist, Ph.D Joined: Posts: 37,388 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Well you know force leap is a thing, right? I just looked at it like that.
  • WolfkillerWolfkiller Equal Opportunity Destroyer Joined: Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    She had me at "Yes, Sir." <3
    Shin-Mech-Brian: As I walk through, I look up and see Chun-Li holding my son and she says, "arrest him!" Ronald McDonald pulls up from behind me and put me in handcuffs. I ask why I'm being arrested and he says, "I'm under arrest for killing Santa Clause."
  • FlameAngelZFlameAngelZ I'm gonna fuck you up! Joined: Posts: 922
    edited April 2016
    I'm fucking hyped!!!

Yeah, even watching episode 7, I was like... "wait what happened to the leader of the rebels, mon.. mohomahomahoama or something" Glad to see she's present in this.

Also, my favorite useless characters from SW, the Royal Guards, make an appearance!!! Fucking hyped!!!

I'm glad Disney aint sitting on SW like George did, and do a movie every 3 years or some shit. SW is my favorite movie franchise and I'm real glad they releasing this shit more often.

Another positive point, it's always good to take a break from the Jedis. SW is so vast and rich, yet were always focusing on one sort of characters. The change is welcomed.

PS: Dat alarm sound doe... 10/10.
    Exclusive Zappa Player!

FlameAngelX got banned... for excessive use of the word "I love My Little Pony so much it hurts".
  • highluluhighlulu Joined: Posts: 3,828
    Well you know force leap is a thing, right? I just looked at it like that.

Force ... increased aerodynamics? force ... weight loss?

I feel you but damn if i didn't laugh at it when the inquisitor took off lol
    Umvc3 - (Nova/Frank/Dante) (Nova/Spencer/Strange) (Zero/Doom/Vergil)
    SF4 - Cammy, Ken
  • ChiroChiro Not actually pronounced cheero Joined: Posts: 2,051
    lmfao dudes in here gettin butt hurt over nothing. how is this like force awakens...how? cause of a female lead? cause thats the only connection to the two films. nah i need someone to break that teaser down for how its shit ad how its similar to force awakens. gimme that venn diagagram nigga.

when you put in a female lead specifically because you're trying to make the "strong independent women" you can subconsciously start writing very safe, but very bland characters like Rey was. because we have precedent for this in the last movie its going to be on peoples minds.

its pretty fucked up, but you can feel when something is genuine vs pandering but enough pandering has to occur before it becomes the normal state of thought so it doesn't feel forced. its a complicated situation.

• MOB712MOB712 Joined: Posts: 1,240
    The problem with that thought process is there is no evidence to support Rey was created that way.

All we have is people throwing around the word Mary Sue the same way they do with SJW, that being thoughtlessly
    edited April 2016
    No one is forcing a female lead down SW fans throats other than people who unfortunately have a weird reason to not want a female as the main character in a Star Wars movies.

Like we're finally getting what we always wanted. . . Star Wars movies every year why can't we be happy about that, instead we're worried about females being the main lead, like do you not understand how silly that makes you sound...

Saitsu wrote: »
    MOB712 wrote: »
    The problem with that thought process is there is no evidence to support Rey was created that way.

All we have is people throwing around the word Mary Sue the same way they do with SJW, that being thoughtlessly

But...it's a competent woman character, she must be a Mary Sue!

this guy says she's a bland female protagonist, he must be sexist.

see how that works?
    Nobody quoted you, let alone talking to you. So who you defending?
    Shes not bland tho.

He didnt call you sexist either.

compared to the people surrounding her yeah she kinda of was.

not directly no, but based on my argument im sure somebody is thinking it and hell i wouldn't blame them. its an uncomfortable thought process i have, but i really dont think im wrong. female actors have even brought up the issue before where male directors can't make full uses of their characters because they try and coddle them.
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 21,376
    No more so then Luke who was the blandest character in ANH if we compare him to everyone around him, a princess, a smuggler, his walking carpet partner, Darth Vader, Tarken, so in and so fourth. She has to be allowed to grow into her role just as Luke did, normal people thrust into extrodinary situations.

Shes not bland, shes the audience surrogate for a whole new generation, just like Luke.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
    edited April 2016
    @Chiro

Think of Luke & Rey as blank canvas. They're nothingness until you throw all little adventure (paint) on them & they become something special.

And MAN ! that was corny...