Star Wars

Comments

• SerpentSerpent Holy Phoenix Joined: Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I figured it was a Sith weapon, since it's red and usually Sith have red. And I thought it was supposed to be a cross haha.
  • stealthcatstealthcat Joined: Posts: 155
    hecatombz wrote: »
    some times canon is a lot better, thats why people like it better.

Sometimes. As long as you're not including the prequels. Those were objectively garbage.
  • FlameAngelZFlameAngelZ I'm gonna fuck you up! Joined: Posts: 1,005
    LoL, was looking for this thread on SRK only to find I posted in here like 3 years ago, Jesus!

Either way, I'm HYPED for this movie! I can't wait! Like others have said, it can't be worse then the prequels.

On the topic of the lightsaber. Have you guys actually payed attention to the laser itself? It looks highly unstable with electricity running around it. It's a SSJ2 lightsaber! Could explain the exhaust ports or whatever.

Anyways, can't wait!
    Exclusive Zappa Player!

FlameAngelX got banned... for excessive use of the word "I love My Little Pony so much it hurts".
  • Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 6,148
    I heard a rumor that the Sith in the trailer is a female Sith...
    Jion_Wansu wrote: »

lol Leah ran some of the female empowerment speeches but it was back in the 80s so it wasn't quite as bad, Han still got to be pretty masculine and in the end still had his balls.

But if they do a female Sith now, in 2015, it's going to be pretty funny. It would be straight up feminist indoctrination, maybe she'd even cut men's balls off on screen, murder little children, and at the end most people would still want to claim she was just misunderstood and it's really a man's fault, because she will no doubt be hot.

It would be a trainwreck, and since I'd expect it going in I'd probably find it really amusing.

Bonus points if she is a lesbian transgender or something, and the black guy is a gay basketball player hahaha
  • StockyJamStockyJam My nigga Networkingyuppy Joined: Posts: 5,745
    ^your post is very close to getting a WTF from me. and I never WTF people.

word.
  • WolfkillerWolfkiller Equal Opportunity Destroyer Joined: Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Colbert beat me to it, damn. That jerk off who wrote the article "fixing" the cross guard is an idiot. Obviously you'd want the metal to partially cover the side beams to protect your own fingers from getting sliced off.
    Shin-Mech-Brian: As I walk through, I look up and see Chun-Li holding my son and she says, "arrest him!" Ronald McDonald pulls up from behind me and put me in handcuffs. I ask why I'm being arrested and he says, "I'm under arrest for killing Santa Clause."
  • JoshkazJoshkaz Princess Luna is my Waifu Joined: Posts: 15,340
    Female Sith's are a thing.
    Although Serpent is right that people will add some retarded back story about her being abused by men n shit.
    "You embarrass me," said Shadow, smiling. Then Shadow took his penis out and picked Cream up. "Let me charge up for a super ejaculation!" Shadow laid Cream down on the ground and then took his penis with him, which was already huge and shaking with sex energy, and found Cream's Piggy Bank, which was full of coins and dollars and things to save up for money, so she could buy what she wanted when she had enough inside it. Shadow took it and using his muscular penis, smashed a hole right through the piggy bank so now it was sitting on top of his penis like a hat. Shadow's penis looked like it belonged in a fashion show.
  • Optimus124Optimus124 Joined: Posts: 3,733
    edited December 2014
    OGSF wrote: »
    Can't wait for Mace Windu to return as a Sith...

also what is the difference between a Sith Lord and a Dark Jedi???

tumblr_lmrfjpYM2i1qck1y2o1_400.gif

Seriously though, a Sith Lord follows the religious Sith practices, a Dark Jedi is one that simple doesn't follow the Jedi teachings and uses the dark side of the force for their own personal gain.

PSN, NNID and CFN ID: OPTIMUS124
    SF V - Dictator (that's all that interests me at the moment)
    SSB4 - Roy, Ike, and Shulk
    QFT: There's a thin line between being busy and bull$hittin
  • CyntalanCyntalan Joined: Posts: 8,341 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Huh, my Star Wars lore knowledge begins and ends with the movies, so when I saw the claymore, my first instinct was to go "So Luke finally realized that losing a hand is a bad idea, eh? Of fucking course a crossguard is necessary."

Color regardless, I still won't be surprised if that's the reality behind it. J5AeG2e.gif
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ PRAISE HELIX ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

"NO! NOT LIKE THIS!" - Random audience member, Evo 2k9 SC4 finals. Go Hilde!
    "You are a weird, adorable little man, OZ." - Vynce
    "I violated marc but we definitely cool now." - dre37k
  • VynceVynce Hater. Joined: Posts: 14,658
    Thoughts (I just watched the teaser).

-HYPE! I really enjoyed Episode 2 and 3. And small portions of 1.
    -The LS we saw would lend itself to a slower, broadsword fighting style. The cross would provide a bit of defense, while hindering crazy, acrobatics like we saw from Yoda. Like Darth Maul, I think we'll see that the weapon was tailored to the person wielding it.
    -Perfect time for a TIE Fighter remaster...
    "My name is Pertho and I like whoopi goldbergs tits."-Pertho
    Vynce wrote: »
    Thoughts (I just watched the teaser).

-HYPE! I really enjoyed Episode 2 and 3. And small portions of 1.
    -The LS we saw would lend itself to a slower, broadsword fighting style. The cross would provide a bit of defense, while hindering crazy, acrobatics like we saw from Yoda. Like Darth Maul, I think we'll see that the weapon was tailored to the person wielding it.
    -Perfect time for a TIE Fighter remaster...

How would it do that? Lightsabers don't even slide in the first place, they seem to stick or bounce. There is a metal part on the side too between the exhausts, so they'd get cut off too. And considering you can just move your hand quickly (these people can deflect laser shots after all) why would you need to block with that bottom part? If you're going to claim that metal part is cortosis, why not just design it entirely as cortosis instead of having the lighstaber as a hilt?

Also if it is used for defense, and the other person just powers down, the holder's hand or arm gets sliced off because there isn't a guard there.

Logistically it doesn't make sense. I wouldn't bother defending it, the less said the better. It's one of those things that you're just supposed to look at and say "oh this looks cool" but not think about at all. Which, I think it's gone too far and is foolish, but that's why I'd rather just not focus on it.
  • crucadescrucades Its a Kinda Bullshit Joined: Posts: 11,572
    The guard would make sense if it was a vibroblade, (which dunno if still canon but used to be able to duel with lightsabers) but a laserbeam guard? just some bullshit.

They kinda making the cool unique lightsaber thing into some ordinary stuff and now making it ridiculous imo.
    "I was fighting from the day I was born!"

-Michael 'The Count' Bisping, Greatest MW Champion of all time
    crucades wrote: »
    They kinda making the cool unique lightsaber thing into some ordinary stuff and now making it ridiculous imo.

"You mean laser sword."-George Lucas

• OGSFOGSF Joined: Posts: 713
    Serpent wrote: »
    Jion_Wansu wrote: »

lol Leah ran some of the female empowerment speeches but it was back in the 80s so it wasn't quite as bad, Han still got to be pretty masculine and in the end still had his balls.

But if they do a female Sith now, in 2015, it's going to be pretty funny. It would be straight up feminist indoctrination, maybe she'd even cut men's balls off on screen, murder little children, and at the end most people would still want to claim she was just misunderstood and it's really a man's fault, because she will no doubt be hot.

It would be a trainwreck, and since I'd expect it going in I'd probably find it really amusing.

Bonus points if she is a lesbian transgender or something, and the black guy is a gay basketball player hahaha

You forgot people like Vestara Khai in the EU...
    "The few prosper, while the rest suffer." - OGSF
    Good luck not focusing on that, @Serpent lol. Speculating about a possible purpose for it doesn't constitute defending it. I'm indifferent about it until we see it in action.
  • Ki ShimaKi Shima This tiger isn't dead.... Joined: Posts: 8,357
    MAYBE THE HANDLE IS MADE OUT OF IRON
    "The telephone is virtual reality in that you can meet with someone as if you are together, at least in the auditory sense."

Ray Kurzweil
    @Cyntalan‌ On the bright side, I'll probably enjoy the new movie, while people like you are doomed to hate it no matter what B).
    Vynce wrote: »
    Good luck not focusing on that, @Serpent lol. Speculating about a possible purpose for it doesn't constitute defending it. I'm indifferent about it until we see it in action.

By not focusing I mean being indifferent. Just trying to overlook it. Because if you think about it, it really doesn't work on any level. I guess it might be hard to overlook it though after you think about it.

It's pretty funny though. And honestly I think most of Star Wars is childish silliness. All of the movies are for kids, that's why even the PT doesn't really bother me much (and I think III is probably the best movie of the series anyway, the only other one that might be better is V, even VI had those ridiculous childish ewoks).

I will watch VII for fun, not go crazy about it. As long as there isn't something like Jar-Jar in it, it'll probably be fine. If you take Jar-Jar out of I it's also a lot better. But whatever, it's still something a lot of people like and talk about, and pretty harmless fare over all. I still don't know why grown adults in their 30s and 40s and above obsess over the OT so much and act like Star Wars in general is some sort of super high level writing or cinema. Waaaaaay better books and movies out there if you're looking for something "smart." Most of it isn't popular though because the average person is pretty fucking stupid, so something like Star Wars is better because they can actually follow along. And plus most people don't want to think for entertainment anyway, because you can think when studying different fields instead, or while at work or school.
    Word. It's really something how everything is such serious business with the die-hards. I love Star Wars, but it's just a great franchise to me. The fanatics damn its creator and I always think, "If I was Lucas, I don't think I'd bother catering to people that make it their business to be displeased at every turn."

Especially if I could make ungodly amounts of money no matter what I did.
    why the prequels sucked.

• WeeabooWeeaboo The Dream is dead. . . Joined: Posts: 1,426
    Somewhat off-topic,but take what you want from this post:

• FlameAngelZFlameAngelZ I'm gonna fuck you up! Joined: Posts: 1,005
    I really enjoy those The Old Republic movies. They look like a perfect blend of OT and PT.

Unlike some other people, I do prefer the prequels in the light saber department. I enjoy the choreography but I can see why some people may think its a bit too fake. A mix of both would be great. Put some emotion into the fights. I think that what JJ will be going with the new sith. Rumors are that his light saber is powered by an older sith crystal or some shit so I wouldn't be surprised if his style of combat is a bit more crude and focusing more on raw power then finesse. I'm sure the Jedi's will fill out the finesse part. I hope it plays out like that so everyone can be happy.
    Exclusive Zappa Player!

FlameAngelX got banned... for excessive use of the word "I love My Little Pony so much it hurts".
  • Ki ShimaKi Shima This tiger isn't dead.... Joined: Posts: 8,357
    lol jedi hand eye coordination is beyond your imagination
    "The telephone is virtual reality in that you can meet with someone as if you are together, at least in the auditory sense."

Ray Kurzweil
  • WeeabooWeeaboo The Dream is dead. . . Joined: Posts: 1,426
    @Serpent‌ Calm down bruh its ok...
  • SoVi3tSoVi3t Behind The Iron Curtain Joined: Posts: 29,170
    Sword fights in NT shit all over the OT. Vader vs Luke round one was terrible, except the conclusion. RotJ sword fight was better, but not much better.

The ONLY good thing in the NT was the swordplay.
    Official 2011 SRK Sexual Deviant Champion Of The Universe And Contest Winner Extraordinaire And Also Official 2012 SRK Sexual Deviant Since Nobody Stepped Forward And 2013 SRK Sexual Deviant Legend Because My Opposition Is Comprised Of Short Pimply GIF Posting Virgins Who Wouldn't Know What To Do With A Woman If She Sat On Their Collective Faces And Wiggled. Still Sexual Deviant Champion Of SRK circa 2015.
    Destroyer Of Azure, Conqueror Of Trolls
    Defiler Of The Pure, Owner Of Souls

SRK 2015 Thirtiest Member and Current Reigning Champion of the SRK Tournament of Thirst.

All victories are hilariously argued against by various little boys who shall remain nameless
    Understand that my victories can only be disputed by successfully beating me for once.

XBox & Steam -> SoVi3t666

Unofficial champion of SRK GD circa oh-fucking-nine
  • TaitoTaito Great Thing Joined: Posts: 7,097
    edited December 2014
    Yeah the PT saber fights were fucking pointless, except for RotS. Not the flipping twirling pep rally choreography, but how long the fights lasted and why they turned on their flashlights in the first place.
    Post edited by Taito on
  • Optimus124Optimus124 Joined: Posts: 3,733
    crucades wrote: »
    Taito wrote: »
    Yeah the PT saber fights were fucking pointless except for RotS. Not the flipping twirling pep rally choreography, but why they turned on their flashlights in the first place.

Lightsaber use has just gotten outta hand though, somebody farts and it triggers a rave now.

When Old Kenobi fights Darth Vader, it was cool almost poignant cause it was the last time it was done right. Vader waiting with his at the ready, Kenobi walks up and takes in the situation before engaging his, they talk and then they duel, like some real jedi shit happening.

Now somebodies phone goes off and niggas be turning into amputees all over the place. Scale it back Lucas scale it back...

I recall that in early drafts of A New Hope, the lightsaber was going to be a commonplace weapon. After he refined what the Jedi were, he limited it to them exclusively. Going from the OT to the prequels, you went from seeing only 2 in one movie and get it bumped up to 50 or 60. Another issue is that there was not a real "threat" to the Jedi as shown in the past. The threat was a formidable foe with either just as much or greater skill, with a cause as a part of the conflict. In a lot of the prequel trilogy, especially AOTC, it's watching Jedi mow enemies down.
    PSN, NNID and CFN ID: OPTIMUS124
    SF V - Dictator (that's all that interests me at the moment)
    SSB4 - Roy, Ike, and Shulk
    QFT: There's a thin line between being busy and bull$hittin
  • JoshkazJoshkaz Princess Luna is my Waifu Joined: Posts: 15,340
    edited December 2014
    Well of course Light sabers got out of hand.
    The Jedi Order had tens of thousands of members.

Time of the OT was when the jedi's were at a few (Anakin did bring balance to the force), so only seeing some lightsabers was the way to go.

How often they just ignited them because of sounds did get silly, but its mostly because 90% of the Jedi's blow absolute dick in Force powers and lightsaber prowess so they have to be at the ready constantly.
    "You embarrass me," said Shadow, smiling. Then Shadow took his penis out and picked Cream up. "Let me charge up for a super ejaculation!" Shadow laid Cream down on the ground and then took his penis with him, which was already huge and shaking with sex energy, and found Cream's Piggy Bank, which was full of coins and dollars and things to save up for money, so she could buy what she wanted when she had enough inside it. Shadow took it and using his muscular penis, smashed a hole right through the piggy bank so now it was sitting on top of his penis like a hat. Shadow's penis looked like it belonged in a fashion show.
  • YMDSLTSACYMDSLTSAC Joined: Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    The problem with the lightsaber fights in the prequels isn't that they're unrealistic. It's that they're so over the top they lose their emotional impact, and it's just too many of them.

I would've liked to have seen some Jedi's who used some sort of alternative fighting methods.
    "Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."
    -Buddha

"Don't let it happen to you like it did to me, I was a black zombie."
  • SoVi3tSoVi3t Behind The Iron Curtain Joined: Posts: 29,170
    I just want to know why nobody in the NT was able to deal with these:

Droidekapromo.jpg
    Official 2011 SRK Sexual Deviant Champion Of The Universe And Contest Winner Extraordinaire And Also Official 2012 SRK Sexual Deviant Since Nobody Stepped Forward And 2013 SRK Sexual Deviant Legend Because My Opposition Is Comprised Of Short Pimply GIF Posting Virgins Who Wouldn't Know What To Do With A Woman If She Sat On Their Collective Faces And Wiggled. Still Sexual Deviant Champion Of SRK circa 2015.
    Destroyer Of Azure, Conqueror Of Trolls
    Defiler Of The Pure, Owner Of Souls

SRK 2015 Thirtiest Member and Current Reigning Champion of the SRK Tournament of Thirst.

All victories are hilariously argued against by various little boys who shall remain nameless
    Understand that my victories can only be disputed by successfully beating me for once.

XBox & Steam -> SoVi3t666

Unofficial champion of SRK GD circa oh-fucking-nine
    SoVi3t wrote: »
    I just want to know why nobody in the NT was able to deal with these:

Droidekapromo.jpg

play Star Wars Battlefront 2 and you'll know why.

• pedoviejopedoviejo Thuggin in da Kitchen Joined: Posts: 13,848
    In star wars republic commando, they where a nightmare.
    ______________________________________________________________________________

Complete my life Capcom, and make a Megaman Legends 3 exclusive for PS4. Do it, do it for the glory that should be and would be.