Star Wars

Comments

• FlameAngelZFlameAngelZ I'm gonna fuck you up! Joined: Posts: 972
    edited July 2016
    affinity wrote: »
    lol and EA said there was no space maps planned for Battlefront 1. What idiots putting that alien friend of Lando as DLC1 hero. it should have been Chewie so that Obi Wan would have been the DLC 3 hero. the Jedi are still outnumbered. well Battlefront 2 if it's based on TFA could add 2 more Jedi lightsaber users and a new Sith or two.

I dunno, Battlefront 2 could feel like a Battlefront 1.5 if it's just Episode VII with expansions to the OT and Rogue One content.

New Order Stormtroopers >>>> Clonetroopers,
    Rebels >>>> battle droids
    but prequel trilogy has the better Jedi, Sith planets and historic battles (including the Jedi Geonosis Strike team, which took part in the very first battle of the clone wars before the clonetroopers arrived.)

Rogue One movie is probably gonna be lame unless it introduces an unknown Jedi and Sith for a duel to take place, a Star Wars movie even a spinoff is below the series standards if it's just blasters vs blasters. remember that game where Vader had a secret apprentice? it wasn't canon. but there should be some kind of new Jedi/Sith in Rogue One.
    wanting to copy Saving Private Ryan really does nothing for the series and the Jedi and Sith side of things is what makes Star Wars stands out a whole lot more.

maybe Rogue One will have a Sith vs Sith duel? ah, better to check the reviews and summary of the whole movie, don't think it's gonna be that major a movie. on the good side, it's a self contained side story, so they aren't going to waste money and resources making a trilogy out of it or something.

Rogue One is not that big a deal compared to Episode VIII.

There's so much wrong with this post, I don't even know where to start...

First of all... Battlefront 2? What the hell are you talking about??? Are you talking about the old game? I'm re-reading the first paragraph and I don't get it...
    "The Jedi are outnumbered. Well Battlefront 2 if it's based on TFA could add 2 more Jedi..."
    Battlefront 2, is not even in the planning stages, if there even will even be a Battlefront 2. But then, according to what you wrote, the whole point of spending millions to make a new Battlefront is so they could add 2 Jedis and a Sith or two.

Then you talk about Rogue One, who will be lame if it does not have Jedis... Not even gonna get into that, I'm just sorry that you fail to grasp the scale of the Star Wars universe.

Then you mention video games... The Force Unleashed to be precise, even tough some of the most memorable Star Wars games have nothing to do with Jedis. Shadows of the Empire, Rogue Squadron, Republic Commando. Shit, even the aforementioned Battlefront, nobody picks the saber users.

TIL that a Star Wars movie "don't think it's gonna be that major a movie." A Star Wars movie won't be "major". Shit son, at this point, you could literally film Luke scratching his balls for 2 hours and the movie will break all records... and people will be watching it 2, 3 times at the cinema, buy the DVD and collect the "Ball scratching Luke" action figure.

LoL! Still laughing... Rogue One won't be a major movie... when you literally have people willing to sell their first born to watch this movie.
    Post edited by FlameAngelZ on
    Exclusive Zappa Player!

FlameAngelX got banned... for excessive use of the word "I love My Little Pony so much it hurts".
  • Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 6,064
    I still believe the storylines from Legacy of the Force, Fate of the Jedi, and the Darth Bane Trilogy are the best
  • WeeabooWeeaboo The Dream is dead. . . Joined: Posts: 1,405
    Random thought of the day:

I never understood why in the movies and cartoons they never show the true power of The Force, we've been shown in The Force Unleashed and we have the cinematic short movies of The Old Republic to show how destructive The Forces can really be.

Is there a legit reason why they're not showing it in the movies and stuff?
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,740 mod
    Weeaboo wrote: »

I never understood why in the movies and cartoons they never show the true power of The Force, we've been shown in The Force Unleashed and we have the cinematic short movies of The Old Republic to show how destructive The Forces can really be.

Doesn't matter, none of that is canon any more.
  • affinityaffinity Joined: Posts: 2,729
    edited August 2016
    if Rogue One spoilers confirm there's no lightsaber duels, even if it's Sith vs Sith, I'm not wasting money on it. star wars isn't all about lightsabers, but a star wars movie without lightsaber duel and active jedi/sith is like Bleach without shinigami or Dragon Ball without sayians, or StarCraft without Protoss or Phantasy Star Online without laser swords.
    jedi/sith/lightsabers are what rises Star Wars above the generic sci fi space opera theme.

also you really haven't been playing EA Battlefront if you think no one picks the lightsaber users, they still do online in both walker assault and supremacy.

all those star wars games you mentioned are not even talked about anymore nor brought up as much compared to the Jedi Knight series and KOTOR,

even if Rogue One breaks sales records, that doesn't mean its a good movie. millions smoke, do drugs, and drink alcohol, but that doesn't make them good nor intelligent things to use.

also your disgusting degenerate Luke example and how the fanbase would react to it, just goes to prove how stupid the majority of Star Wars fans are as a whole. fortunate for them, none of the numbered Star Wars movies suck, but a toxic part of the fanbase really made it their life's goal to spread viral negativity towards the Prequel trilogy, and a lot of sheep allowed themselves to be assimilated into that ignorant hateful mold and extremely underrating the acting among other things. back then when the movies came out, people weren't even so nitpicky on the performances as the toxic haters are this gen.

I just shared my first impressions of Rogue One media, and all the current known things about it, are adding up to nothing more than a weak spinoff with a uninspired Saving Private Ryan rehash angle. if it's just gonna have blasters and vehicles, I might as well just play Battlefront instead. pure rebels vs imperials story isn't what made Star Wars so great in the first place, and it can't be relevant enough without lightsaber action included. it's an essential ingredient for Star Wars.

even a game like battlefront, while EA tends to make stupid decisions now and then, are smart enough to know lightsabers makes everything Star Wars greater. they have yet to fully take advantage of lightsaber potential, though the game is already much better with those things, so it's a start.
    none of the numbered Star Wars movies suck, but a toxic part of the fanbase really made it their life's goal to spread viral negativity towards the Prequel trilogy, and a lot of sheep allowed themselves to be assimilated into that ignorant hateful mold and extremely underrating the acting among other things.

MZMwSzq.jpg

Exclusive Zappa Player!

FlameAngelX got banned... for excessive use of the word "I love My Little Pony so much it hurts".
  • chadouken!chadouken! less < more Joined: Posts: 5,086
    I'm OK if there are no lightsaber duels, mainly because the only two living Jedi are Obi-Wan and that senile green midget in the swamp. Who would Vader even battle?

That said, it would be completely awesome if we had some Vader chopping fuckers up all ruthlessly with his lightsaber.
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Yes, I'm still pissed. Yes, go fuck yourself Darkfaggotasshole.
    d3v wrote: »

You've miss the point. . .

I'm asking why hasn't writers, director, & producer shown us how destructive and powerful The Force can really be in recent movies & shows?

I merely used those non-canon project as reference to my question.
    @affinity

Are you stupid, retarded, slow or are you all three?
  • SaitsuSaitsu When a Kid, Becomes a Legend Joined: Posts: 34,894

I'm asking why hasn't writers, director, & producer shown us how destructive and powerful The Force can really be in recent movies & shows?

Because in most cases either the good guys don't want to cause that damage or the bad guy has a reason to avoid the collateral damage or also isn't capable of it.
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
  • highluluhighlulu Joined: Posts: 3,836

because having the force do that type of shit has always been dumb?
    Umvc3 - (Nova/Frank/Dante) (Nova/Spencer/Strange) (Zero/Doom/Vergil)
    SF4 - Cammy, Ken
    Saitsu wrote: »

Because in most cases either the good guys don't want to cause that damage or the bad guy has a reason to avoid the collateral damage or also isn't capable of it.

I just think its silly or odd that a filmmaker isn't watering at the mouth to showcase/showoff The Force the way it was in The Force Unleashed & the cinematic short movies of The Old Republic.
    because having the force do that type of shit has always been dumb?

I can assure you the Sith gives no fucks about who gets hurt & who doesn't. They're all about being powerful & destructive. The easiest way to show that is through The Force.
    Rebels new season starts on September 24.

Probably because they want to avoid having the Force shown like that in the new canon material (as what was then G and T canon stuff).
    edited August 2016
    Saitsu I don't trash talk about your opinions, so don't be a dick and a immature internet prick towards my opinions. and your ugly av is shit like your ugly tastes in general, btw.
    chadouken! wrote: »
    I'm OK if there are no lightsaber duels, mainly because the only two living Jedi are Obi-Wan and that senile green midget in the swamp. Who would Vader even battle?

That said, it would be completely awesome if we had some Vader chopping fuckers up all ruthlessly with his lightsaber.

Well Episode VII pulled Snoke out of nowhere when it was previously thought that only Sidious and Vader were the only dark side people in the old trilogy.

in the trailers, Jyn seems like she gets caught and become a Imperial, but some speculate she might become a sith apprentice that turns traitor (kind of like that star wars game, where Vader's secret apprentice winds up fighting Vader, which isn't canon, however since Rogue One is canon, they could design a sith vs sith situation, and even introduce a new jedi in hiding).

also that teaser trailer, was that a monk or something that beat up those stormtroopers? you know, Rogue One could be at a time where there could be at least one secret Jedi other than Obi Wan in hiding. remember after Episode III, Vader was on the hunt for the Jedi that fled. Rogue One could introduce the 3rd of the last 3 Jedi to be alive at the time.

also that "sith" in the first trailer with the hood, seems like they aren't Sidious. maybe they are, but their build seems younger.

in episode III, there was a Jedi vs Jedi duel (yes Anakin became a Sith before they dueled, but they still wielded their Jedi lightsaber and didn't completely become Vader until after the fight), Rogue One could have a Sith vs Sith duel. the star wars galaxy is big enough to have light side and/or dark side lightsaber users that no one knew about.

and like you said, at the very minimum, Vader might be slashign some rebels down in the movie. it just isn't quality Star Wars movie if there isn't any lightsaber action at all.

the lightsaber symbolizes Star Wars a lot more than some laser gun does. and most Star Wars fans are Jedi/Sith fans.
    You don't trash talk my opinions because you are far from any position to be able to talk shit on ANYONE'S opinions.
    I'm pretty sure that motherfucker is autistic
    Movie looks hype af.
    Exclusive Zappa Player!

ahaha so you can't take your own medicine. you like to insult, but can't handle insults directed to you. you really have your head up your ass, Saitsu, even more so than your Superstar idols. You're so corrupt you think only you should be allowed to belittle people here. Remember you started the trash talking. If you don't want disrespect, don't disrespect in the first place, but of course not even your parents and therapists can teach a knucklehead delinquent like you.

WWE sure taught you a lot about how to communicate with people, or rather, all it did was inflate your delusional ego to think you're some macho grande badass, but you're just a hollow loser that needs to pick on others to feel better, like a cyberbully.

I'm pretty sure that motherfucker is autistic

Nope. if you're gonna resort to slander and name calling, you got to be autistic to call yourself "Weeaboo" in the first place.

You keyboard warriors just like to harrass, emotionally attack, and insult people on the internet because no one is over there to shoot, dismember, blind and burn you to death for the slander and shit talking you do towards those that don't talk shit about you. I'm not here to make enemies, but if you talk shit to the wrong people out there in person like you do to me, you're asking for a trip to the hospital (but of course you punks wouldn't DARE insult or brush against anyone you fear where ever you travel to.).

Just because it's the internet doesn't mean you should abuse and insult people online like a coward hiding behind the internet, that makes you losers look disgraceful trash.

if you don't agree with someone's opinions and perspective about the subject matter (in this case, Star Wars), its no reason to talk trash about someone.
    but you arrogant pricks go ahead and laugh it off, pricks are corrupt and desensitized to the core. consequences is the only thing they understand in life.
    and yet you jerks want to be respected by all. such degenerates.
    edited August 2016
    no one is over there to shoot, dismember, blind and burn you to death for the slander and shit talking you do

Needs moar Edgelord.gif

CINzF0P.gif

DIE! DIE! DIE!!!

"Crawling in my skin" starts playing
    Exclusive Zappa Player!

So many lines of text, so little value.
    @affinity it seems like you're dishing it out more than anyone, man.
    edited August 2016
    So many lines of text, so little value.

You see, I thought there was a sliver of a chance you would be a reasonable adult that would "understand"
    that if you don't talk shit about someone, they won't talk shit about you,
    but it seems you welcome trouble and disrespect right back at you and obsessed with flame baiting.
    Oh well, where's the ignore button?
    @affinity it seems like you're dishing it out more than anyone, lady.

scroll up. cause and effect. 4 days ago I commented about Rogue One, no personal attacks, no insults, no criticisms of other people's posts and opinions.
    then trolling Saitsu derails the atmosphere with "Affinity for shit posting and opinions indeed."
    and then weeaboo joins the trolling and says "Are you stupid, retarded, slow or are you all three? "

How is that acceptable in a discussion that isn't about trash talking? You think everyone is just gonna sit quiet about it?
    The Star Wars discussion was fine until these discriminatory misogynists start hounding me with hate, ridicule and insults.
    And you, chadouken, side with those assholes??
    Even well educated 12 year olds have better judgement and manners than you guys.

Anyways, all of us involved are responsible for continued derailing of the topic, so let's move on.

Rogue One might turn out to be great for at least the rebels/imperials fans. Some may disagree, but there are a lot of Star Wars fans that primarily watch the movies for the Jedi and Sith part of that universe. Episode 1 through VII movies strongly center on at least one Jedi and one Sith (even if the protagonist are not officially a Jedi yet). so it will be interesting how the fanbase will react to Rogue One as a whole. I think the fanbase may be divided over it whether its a good or bad Star Wars movie to them.

there is talk "they cut most Vader scenes", I really hate it when directors do that. they have all that money, all the means to make a movie longer and better, but they just dumb down the experience? I dunno if it's movie theater regulations, but it's not like these kind of movies are Ben Hur length movies. a little extra fanservice wouldn't hurt either. even with no scenes cut, I don't think Rogue One would be longer than 2 hours 30 minutes.

and didn't they say Rogue One has its conclusion and isn't it's own ongoing spinoff series plot thread?
    Brandon Bajin1 hour ago
    Hopefully the reshoot to make this movie "less dark" didnt ruin it.
    Darth Oblitus59 minutes ago
    the resorts were there to redo some lightsaber scenes, make them more smooth

what? I have to listen, and this broken monitor is too dark. I'll watch the trailer again brighter and with sound later, but that monk person seems like they might be a Jedi in hiding no one knew about. and there are rumored lightsaber scenes??
    Jean-Francois Joanisse34 minutes ago
    There is always a time period planned for reshoots. But it was well documented they used this time to get some lighter material.

that might make or break the movie depending what it is and how they use that material.

I feel often when Star Wars uses "lighter material", it comes off as a gimmick.
  • The Furious OneThe Furious One Fluent in 3 languages Engrish, Sarcasm & Profanity Joined: Posts: 20,780
    I like the darker tone of this, the score sounds absolutely fantastic too. I might just watch this at the cinema.
  • DukeCDukeC Ultimate Waifu Joined: Posts: 4,383
    Donnie Yen getting to show off is always nice.

VADER!.

Was that guy who I think it is (the guy thats with her most of the time during the trailer)? Or is it a new character?
    Nintendo Network ID: DukeC318
    PSN: DukeC101
    Capcom Fighting Network ID for SFV: SarahWalker
    I just watched the new trailer. How come Rey looks so different?
  • DarkstalkerDarkstalker King of the Ring Joined: Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    What's the name of the theme they're using for the trailer? I know it's a melancholic version of the Imperial March, but I can't find anything quiiiite like it.

Star Wars Rebels had a similar arrangement in its second last episode, when Ezra was looking at Foreboding Bird™; the strings that plays is similar to the one in the Rogue One trailer. Might even be from the same source, I'm not sure.

I want it so bad. :(
    "Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?" - Gregory House
    Am I the only one wondering why they on yet another desert planet (Jedha)? Especially since the plot involves a planet rich with kyber crystals, meaning they could have used Illum instead.
  • InfernomanInfernoman Bro as Hell Joined: Posts: 9,431
    Just read that...damn...RIP.
    Who else in a movie wrestled an evil lesbian and by forcefully kissing her, turned her not only heterosexual but good as well? Exactly. That, my friend, is the power of Sean motherfucking Connery - Valaris
  • WilWil Joined: Posts: 6,122
    SFV: Cammy, Ibuki, Karin
  • StockyJamStockyJam Joined: Posts: 5,638
    RIP Kenny.
    you were in the greatest movie ever made.
  • Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 6,064
    Is Hayden Darth Vader in Rogue or someone else?