Comments

• EphidelEphidel Old Man SRK Joined: Posts: 14,736 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Trailer looks pretty hype!
    I'm sorry. Humor me!!
    Fightcade: Ephidel
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 22,434
    Gary still making Carry proud
    rfkns8Y.gif

That is how I imagine Carrie Fisher is like looking down from above and seeing her dog shat on the floor.
    "You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance."
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,075 mod
    edited April 16
    Dave Filoni had this shirt on trailer for Rebels Season 4 was being played.
    ebyrohr1txcqwt4xoudb.png

Filoni you goddam tease.

EDIT: JRosa just mentioned to me on FB that they showed the first episode of the two part season premiere at the event as well.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
  • Pablo_the_MexPablo_the_Mex Blond Kanye Status Joined: Posts: 8,181
    That makes a lot of sense.

• po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 24,870
    Luke is a dead man walking, I tell ya...

DEAD MAN WALKING.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Luke is a dead man walking, I tell ya...

DEAD MAN WALKING.
    Aren't you should be sitting in another thread screaming Fuck Capcom?
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 24,870
    So there's a toy set that features Luke vs Kylo Ren... Still think Luke ain't about to pull an Obi-Wan?
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 5,746
    Just saw 40th anniversary celebration and Episode 8 panel. Looks like Luke has succumbed to the daahhk side (McDiarmid's voice) of the force...
  • StarhammerStarhammer The Laughing Man of SRK. Joined: Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    po pimpus wrote: »
    So there's a toy set that features Luke vs Kylo Ren... Still think Luke ain't about to pull an Obi-Wan?

kylo ren. The man who nearly got rekt by a former employee and a junk lady, but ended up getting a draw due to cosmic interference.

Charlton%20Heston%20Laugh_zpseqhtrpn1.gif

Admittedly, I wouldn't put it past them to try and fuck this up.

-Starhammer-
    Always think it's strange when black dudes accuse other black dudes of not being hood enough. Like isn't that a good thing?

AV by Rick Ross.
  • StockyJamStockyJam Joined: Posts: 5,395
    i finally saw Rogue One yesterday. uh......pirated. 123movies.
    anywho.
    i enjoyed it from beginning to end.
    especially the main villain.
    hated the musical score. waiting for someone to remove the soundtrack and edit in williams music. though vader theme when he stepped into the scene gave me chills.
    carrie fisher cgi straight up scared me. creepy af.
    but tarkin cgi was almost on point.
    vader going off on the rebels was a treat for the eyes.

Saitsu wrote: »
    Or better seen as getting a draw after getting full on shot by one of the most powerful blasters in the Star Wars universe?

I mean, I don't mind shitting on Kylo like the next guy but COME ON, the dude was lucky he was conscious for that fight to begin with.

how didnt he saber block it tho? that is the question.
  • WeeabooWeeaboo The Dream is dead. . . Joined: Posts: 1,354
    Cool. I learn how to kill a Jedi in 1001 ways.
    Weeaboo wrote: »
    Cool. I learn how to kill a Jedi in 1001 ways.

And you are a meat bag, err I mean Human. You already got a great start.
  • WeeabooWeeaboo The Dream is dead. . . Joined: Posts: 1,354
    edited May 3
    What I find fascinating is that if you were to look at the movies as face value you wouldn't begin to think that a Jedi could be killed so easily because of how they are portrayed and talked about in the movie.

If you was a desert dwellers you would think they're a bunch of walking Jesus, they just can't turn water into wine. . . or can they?

and
    Jion_Wansu wrote: »
    Just saw 40th anniversary celebration and Episode 8 panel. Looks like Luke has succumbed to the daahhk side (McDiarmid's voice) of the force...

why are there companies stating that the 40th anniversary is may the 4th when theatrical release is may 25th?
    edited May 7
    ive never read the wiki on a new hope till now. some interesting facts.
    After visiting the set of the Steven Spielberg–directed Close Encounters of the Third Kind, Lucas was sure Close Encounters would outperform the yet-to-be-released Star Wars at the box office. Spielberg disagreed, and felt Lucas's Star Wars would be the bigger hit. Lucas proposed they trade 2.5% of the profit on each other's films; Spielberg took the trade, and still receives 2.5% of the profits from Star Wars

had no idea. like winning the lottery. i knew about Guinness getting 2% of gross but not Spielberg.
    and
    after release of the film, when Harrison Ford visited a record store to buy an album, enthusiastic fans tore half his shirt off.
    now i know why he hates Star Wars.
    he's still mad about that shirt.
    220 million during its initial theatrical run ($869 million in 2016 dollars). Star Wars entered international release towards the end of the year, and in 1978 added the worldwide record to its domestic one, earning $410 million

to give you an idea how huge star wars was....220 million in 77...which is 869 million today. that doesnt seem that big considering Deadpool made close a billion right. wrong.
    keep in mind a movie ticket in 1977 only cost 3 dollars. not 20 bucks like today.
    thats huge.
    thats alotta asses in theater seats to make 410 million dollars in 1977.
    divide 410,000,000 by 3....thats how many people saw SW. considering repeat watchers and all.
    410 million divided by 3=
    136 million. again, cant say that 136 million individuals since there was so much repeat business. with some folks watching it like 15 times over.
    Post edited by StockyJam on
    StockyJam wrote: »
    i finally saw Rogue One yesterday. uh.....
    hated the musical score. waiting for someone to remove the soundtrack and edit in williams music. though vader theme when he stepped into the scene gave me chills.

i found a 50 minute version fan edit with Williams music edited in. watching it now. sounds better, but he is using alot of the prequel music not much of the og. still sounds better i think.

• Pimp WillyPimp Willy "I guarantee we got a rat in the house!" Joined: Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Man I hold out some hope he's a disgruntled Ezra

e$ports
    FC: 0018-4935-1331
  • GravityGravity Joined: Posts: 2,363
    Pimp Willy wrote: »

So life finally got the best of Ezra and he turned into a disgruntled womanizer?

I can work with that.
  • SaitsuSaitsu Tranquilo...ASSENAYO! Joined: Posts: 34,108
    Gravity wrote: »

So life finally got the best of Ezra and he turned into a disgruntled womanizer?

I can work with that.

How many times do you think he smashed Sabine?
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
    edited May 25
    Saitsu wrote: »
    Gravity wrote: »

I can work with that.

How many times do you think he smashed Sabine?
    Who wound't smash Sabine if given the chance?

Hell give me Sabine and Hera at the same time
    anyone else notice how final fantasy 12 copied & pasted the star wars storyline to FF?
    young boy in desert discovers there is a princess that needs to be saved from the evil empire, meets up with a space pirate(smuggler) and his beastly companion(fran) to save said princess?

cuz i kow i noticed.
    now i know why i love FF12 so much.
  • dn0sdn0s Joined: Posts: 537
    Yes noticed in 2006, and part of why i love that game
    edited June 6
    Cyntalan wrote: »
    StockyJam wrote: »
    anyone else notice how final fantasy 12 copied & pasted the star wars storyline to FF?
    young boy in desert discovers there is a princess that needs to be saved from the evil empire, meets up with a space pirate(smuggler) and his beastly companion(fran) to save said princess?

cuz i kow i noticed.
    now i know why i love FF12 so much.

That's actually one of the bigger reasons I hate FF12 so much. Take Star Wars, remove the space elements, change the gender of the Wookie, split the role of Luke unevenly, add a gigantic dose of pretentiousness, and bam, FF12.

Start hating even more then, almost every Final Fantasy game is Star Wars. Almost every Final Fantasy game has noticeable Star Wars references.

NHwjgRF.jpg
    Hell Final Fantasy VI is more Star Wars Than Final Fantasy XII, its just that half way though the movie the Emperor gets killed by the Joker. And they have a Biggs and Wedge.

• CyntalanCyntalan Joined: Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Darksakul wrote: »
    snip

Oh I know all that. It's been a running gag that they gank stuff from Star Wars all the time.

Never did they so thoroughly pillage it in one go, though. Once you boil it down to the seven basic plots, yeah, all FF's look like "Star Wars, but", but you don't really need to boil down FF12 much at all.
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ PRAISE HELIX ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

"NO! NOT LIKE THIS!" - Random audience member, Evo 2k9 SC4 finals. Go Hilde!
    "You are a weird, adorable little man, OZ." - Vynce
    "I violated marc but we definitely cool now." - dre37k
    edited June 6
    Cyntalan wrote: »
    all FF's look like "Star Wars, but", but you don't really need to boil down FF12 much at all.

FF12 only have a Hans, A Rule 34 Chewie, a Leia, a Vader (Gabranth), calling Basch Luke is a huge stretch, Vann is no Luke (maybe a lame C3PO). Oh and you have Ba'Gamnan as Boba Fett

Final Fantasy VI is the most Star Wars of FF games, You have not just your Hans (Setzer or Locke), Leia (Celes) and Chewie (Umaro).
    You got Girl Luke who also a Sailor Scout (Tera), Cyan is Obi Wan, Mog is a wise ass Yoda, Shadow is good Boba Fett, Edgar is Lando.

The "Aren't you a little short to be an imperial trooper?" scene is reenacted with Locke and Celes.

Kefka also throws Emperor Gestahl off the floating continent, similar to how Darth Vader threw Palpatine into the reactor.

FF6 has a Wedge and Biggs.

There is a airship literally named the Falcon, which you have to win by gambling.
    Post edited by Darksakul on
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 21,103
    edited June 6
    FF tends to be at its best when ganking shit from Star Wars. XII is fantastic.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
    chadouken! wrote: »
    Geez, I thought there might be a new trailer or something. Nope. Just a bunch of nerds arguing over Final Fantasy in the Star Wars thread, lol. I mean, why not? This is SRK GD, after all.

Cyntalan is but hurt over a game that came out in 2006 over an imagined slight.
    FF tends to be at its best when ganking shit from Star Wars. XII is fantastic.

ending was rushed though.
  • affinityaffinity Joined: Posts: 2,542
    SWBF2 is looking incredible, though its incomplete without a 20 Jedi players vs waves of a.i. battle droids cooperative mode in the colosseum that fans are suggesting and would buy the game for that mode. All these years, and Geonosis Strike Team battle has yet to be expressed in full massive cooperative glory. the 2 players coop console game didn't do the it justice. and since SWBF2 can support up to 20 players on one side, they can definitely at least make it support up to 20 Jedi, and have the battle droids get defense and attack buffs each wave to keep things interesting
    https://www.reddit.com/r/battlefront/comments/6gm8e3/as_jedilightsaber_fans_we_can_request_geonosis/

http://gematsu.com/2017/06/star-wars-battlefront-ii-gameplay-trailer-free-content-drops-themed-seasons-announced

Samurai Shodown V Special uncensored + online crossplay PS4 and Vita
    https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/07/13/arcade-legend-samurai-shodown-v-special-coming-to-ps4-vita/