2012 AE PC -- Recommending Competition

Comments

• EllipsenEllipsen SFxTPC + AEPC Joined: Posts: 1,906
    Mrtrainerkid is UK I believe. I get a good connection though. He also mains ibuki and i think he trained mingodynasty. His name used to be izuna or something. He is like 6000 pp
    *Updated, Thanks good info.

Also adding albertoii - Mexico - his Gouken is serious.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ·
  • FlashMetroidFlashMetroid Joined: Posts: 1,955
    the comp on PC has gone to shit in the 6 months I didn't play on it apparently if any good people want to play msg me I'm definitely looking.

PS - not looking for random online masters who just guess all day looking for people who actually know how to play and play solid
    It just comes down to this: scrubs will always make excuses for sucking at games, and good players will find ways to optimize their practice time and level up more quickly. - Furbarduck

·
  • vivaldi290vivaldi290 Joined: Posts: 605
    the comp on PC has gone to shit in the 6 months I didn't play on it apparently if any good people want to play msg me I'm definitely looking.

PS - not looking for random online masters who just guess all day looking for people who actually know how to play and play solid

;)
    ·
  • Trife88Trife88 Joined: Posts: 741 ✭✭✭
    flash be trollin..if you was east coast id play you...nc to cali is not prettt
    Upgrade your brain matter because one day it may matter. - Deltron 3030
    ·
  • RopeDrinkRopeDrink Boxer In Training Joined: Posts: 726
    Hey folks - Kudos to the OP for re-creating my old thread.

Figured I'd pop in just to say hello - I still play SF4 but it seems that the new thread has taken both a negative and a positive angle to it - For one, I'd have to agree with the masses - If there are multiple reports of X person being inactive/quit/an absolute douche/cheater than I'd have removed the name... I did in the previous thread, anyways, both to keep the list up-to-date as well as to ensure people had a higher chance of their efforts leading to a semi-enjoyable match at least - Leading people to hunt down others mass-branded as díckheads or cheaters is not nice.

Names added were suggested by the community, so there was no way for me, as the OP, to judge wether they were as good as one person said they are but added on good faith - Much like 4-5 people claiming X or Y is a cheater doesn't prove much, either, but has to be considered, too. It's meant to be an interactive community effort, not a list dictated by one person, so I'd suggest the OP do consider this when many people report an unpleasurable experience related to any names on the list.

The people I suggested to be added are those I sparred with a LOT (Rishek, NakeGemeni etc) - (Ironically at least 99% of them still play in AE) and those who I know do not cheat and make a valiant effort to learn/play properly.

As for me, I still crawl online from time to time for matches and only in Endless - Ranked mode threw a lot of people my way who play an astoundingly lame unenjoyable game, cheat or flame so once I got my 3500'ish rank I just stopped and went to Endless where there were no 'points' to worry about that might flare up the kiddies into a flame war. When I log on I log on looking for fun or practice, not to meet the super serious people who cherish their points so bad they'll do whatever it takes to keep them.

If people are looking for a Ireland/UK area mediocre Balrog (I only play Balrog) then feel free to join me in games if you see me, I always make a 2-slot endless and just take on whoever joins whenever I'm on, though 4-5bars is preferred of course and don't take anything too seriously - I do try to play a prim and proper game but flaming, nonsensical garbage, taunting or just running backwards or backjumping 24/7 will ensure I leave and look for a different opponent.

Good luck with the new list and good luck to all PC players still playing AE, might see you around.

Random sidenote, got a collection of fun moments over on the Balrog Forums (Little movie thread I made) if you just randomly have an urge to see the kinda nonsense I get up to, everything from bad decisions, 'super pixel' KO's, general fun and shenanigans, perfects, double KOs, combo videos and training room nonsense on my channel - I've been recording SF4 since Vanilla so there's a high probability someone you know, or maybe even yourself, has been recorded in some shape or form, might be worth having a look.

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/ropedrinks-funny-fun-moment-compilation.147045/
    Failing @ StreetFighter IV Since July '09
    Loc.Ireland - KeyBoard Boxer and proud!

Find Me On YouTube:
    www.youtube.com/user/RopeDrink
    ·
  • SeanxFaytSeanxFayt aka KintoUn Joined: Posts: 560
    RayRayFc - USA - Dont let his Dudley get in on you, it will hurt.

His dudley is like. . . not that good.
    . . .
    ·

Not the best, but he is solid, online a lot, has a good connection, plus he is a nice guy, sorry if he didnt meet your expectations, you just might be better than all of us :wink2:
    ·
  • bagelobobagelobo Joined: Posts: 63
    His Dudley wrecks me. Who have you seen with a better Dudley?
    ·
    Yea his Dudley is strong, as is your Sim - one of the best in PC!
    ·
  • SeanxFaytSeanxFayt aka KintoUn Joined: Posts: 560
    Really? He was losing to my day 1 Fei. Maybe he was trollin', but if he wasn't, then I know 2 dudley players that are better than him.
    . . .
    ·
  • narutosupernovanarutosupernova Ordinary Kid Joined: Posts: 6
    You can add me
    NarutoNovaCammy- Indonesia - Cammy
    ·
    I see you are very new here and working on your english - welcome to the forums. I checked your youtube page and blog- http://narutosupernova.blogspot.com/ , it seems you are still playing in vanilla sf4. Maybe if we get a recommendation from another other player when you can buy AE we can add you someday.
    ·
  • narutosupernovanarutosupernova Ordinary Kid Joined: Posts: 6
    I see you are very new here and working on your english - welcome to the forums. I checked your youtube page and blog- http://narutosupernova.blogspot.com/ , it seems you are still playing in vanilla sf4. Maybe if we get a recommendation from another other player when you can buy AE we can add you someday.
    Yep i only play SF4 because in my country it's so rare to see game store who sell original game, so i get stuck only in offline mode
    ·
  • 武俠派武俠派 燈火闌珊處 Joined: Posts: 541 ✭✭✭
    H0ngK0ngP0wer is a 3800ish PP Ibuki player in the Asia region. Maybe you'd like to add him. Though I don't know here he is from because he has Hong Kong in his name, yet sports a Japan flag lol.
    ·
    H0ngK0ngP0wer is a 3800ish PP Ibuki player in the Asia region. Maybe you'd like to add him. Though I don't know here he is from because he has Hong Kong in his name, yet sports a Japan flag lol.

Thanks, added. I'll put under Japan, if you find out otherwise let me know.:china:
    ·
  • LiangHuBBBLiangHuBBB Joined: Posts: 842 ✭✭

mrkimokoan

Also here,this vid is kinda old,but you might want to add some ppl you might have missed so far.

·
    mrkimokoan

Also here,this vid is kinda old,but you might want to add some ppl you might have missed so far.

Added mrkimo - know where he is from?

Thanks, helpful video, great editing as well.

It is a bit older but there are some good players in here - I am going to let everyone watch and if you see someone in the video that you know still plays regularly then post them up, I will add. Dont want to add people that may have moved on or simply dont play AE anymore, this way we can keep current as possible. Let me know if you would like to add anyone in particular.
    ·
  • LiangHuBBBLiangHuBBB Joined: Posts: 842 ✭✭
    Added mrkimo - know where he is from?

Thanks, helpful video, great editing as well.

Thank you.
    He is from France.
    ·
  • funkybee12funkybee12 Joined: Posts: 29
    I would also recommend :

1.TheIodio - Fei Long, Italy
    2.Sanwa Yakuza - Fei Long, UK Flag but i'm not sure whether he's british or not
    3.cripplesnake - Italy, multiple
    4.Manarod from Italy will offer some good matches too with his Rose.
    5.snookan - Abel
    6.Darkaine21 - Vega, Germany
    7.KtossPol - Vega/Bison, Poland
    8.Ultimate Karsha - Hakan,Albania..I guarantee his weird Hakan will put you in difficulty.
    That's the only names that came in my mind at the moment.
    ·
  • the saviourthe saviour Joined: Posts: 170
    I would also recommend :

5.snookan - Abel
    8.Ultimate Karsha - Hakan,Albania..I guarantee his weird Hakan will put you in difficulty.

turbo abuser
    ·
  • TheBigDaddyC-MasterTheBigDaddyC-Master Joined: Posts: 721
    I have Sawna on my list, he's good.
    ·
    anyone who has to use turbo isn't good
    ·
    I didn't know he abused Turbo though, so if that's the case it would change things. What made you draw that conclusion (just curious).
    ·
    because I played him and thought he was using turbo. so I checked the replay and he was. also other people posted him in the avoid thread
    ·
    Good call. I played him back when I was starting out and I thought he was pretty good. Haven't played him any time in recent memory so that may be why I didn't notice it. I'll keep that in mind.
    ·
  • Wrath of AbelWrath of Abel Huh? Joined: Posts: 148
    It is Socalx82 on PC (you guys are missing the 82), formerly RekkaU on Xbox/PSN, I changed that xbox gamer handle a long time ago though. I am a very friendly player and don't care if you are good or bad, I'll play you to your heart's content unless the connection itself is not very good. I'm trying to learn other characters so you might see me playing Guy or Makoto in endless, although I'm not very good with them.

I usually play late at night after I'm done with work just to relax, but sometimes I'll skip a week or two if I'm traveling on business or if my wife + 2 kids think I'm playing too much then I'll skip playing and spend time with them. :-)

The PC community is great, I enjoy playing each and every one of you. Well, unless there really is a SocalX who also plays Abel then I'll feel really stupid right now.
    ·
    It is Socalx82 on PC (you guys are missing the 82), formerly RekkaU on Xbox/PSN, I changed that xbox gamer handle a long time ago though. I am a very friendly player and don't care if you are good or bad, I'll play you to your heart's content unless the connection itself is not very good. I'm trying to learn other characters so you might see me playing Guy or Makoto in endless, although I'm not very good with them.

I usually play late at night after I'm done with work just to relax, but sometimes I'll skip a week or two if I'm traveling on business or if my wife + 2 kids think I'm playing too much then I'll skip playing and spend time with them. :)

The PC community is great, I enjoy playing each and every one of you. Well, unless there really is a SocalX who also plays Abel then I'll feel really stupid right now.

Hey thanks for posting, you sound like a nice guy :tup: - I'll update your entry and also work on adding the others people posted later on.
    ·
  • AmoniAmoni I'm from Vietnam! Joined: Posts: 138
    One of the best AE PC Live player I know is hofly, and he is from Hong Kong. Info from my friends tell me that he is the Guile God from Hong Kong, that used to beat Japanese pro back in the SFII days in Japan, and he taught GameOutttt how to play Guile.
    ·
  • CobraKaiCobraKai Joined: Posts: 534 ✭✭
    I would also recommend :

Hes a turbo abuser and sends you hate mail.
    ·
    OursFacade517 - Good Ibuki player. France.
    ·
    I would also recommend :
    5.snookan - Abel
    Thanks, I see you are on the list from Albania, I will go ahead and add your recommendations.
    Any idea where snookan is from?
    I have Sawna on my list, he's good.
    Thanks for the confirmation. About the turbo comments - some like it, some dont, some hate it, but most don't care about it.
    One of the best AE PC Live player I know is hofly, and he is from Hong Kong. Info from my friends tell me that he is the Guile God from Hong Kong, that used to beat Japanese pro back in the SFII days in Japan, and he taught GameOutttt how to play Guile.
    That is some good stuff, thanks, added under new country CHINA
    OursFacade517 - Good Ibuki player. France.
    Thank you, Updated!
    ·
  • ATi7500ATi7500 Feimitsu Danwa Joined: Posts: 461
    Thanks for the confirmation. About the turbo comments - some like it, some dont, some hate it, but most don't care about it.
    lol? let's go ahead and add macro players to the list then, i'll give you a few names laterZ!
    Besides, I confirm Sanwa is using turbo since vanilla, and since vanilla he's getting owned and sends ragemails.
    Improvise, adapt, overcome.
    ·
    I'd prefer not to deal with a turbo player myself. I try to play as fair as possible. Things like lag switches and rage quitting I try to stay away from, but that's just me.
    ·
    For the few of you who dont already know, turbo is extreme mashing. It is not allowed in official tourneys but is a built in option made available by most fighting stick and pad manufacturers for casual/online play.

It doesn't matter if people choose to use it since skill, patience, and game knowledge will beat turbo every time.

If people are recommended since they give a good challenge/have a decent connection - I'll add. Especially if the recommendation came from a player already on the list.

If the "reason" people lose to someone and get salty is because they suspect turbo mashing, then they should be looking and focusing more at thier own play, not worrying about how others play and trying to control something beyond themselves.

This isnt a turbo or controller discussion, they pop up every few months on SRK - if you want to read more opinions on it or bring it up then thats O.K., please do it elsewhere.
    See also:
    http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/do-i-use-turbo.140791/
    and
    http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/what-to-do-and-how-to-play-vs-turbo-users.139267/

Lets stick to topic and try and keep recommendations to those who whipped you pretty bad.
    ·
    I think you have reading comprehension issues, Sanwa uses Feilong, he uses turbos, and he loses consistently. Whoever recommended that guy is not aware of the basics of the game. And to extend your knowledge, turbo is not extreme mashing. Once I asked Sanwa himself why does he need turbo, and he confirmed it helps him in links such as Fei's BNB and links after chicken wing.
    It is also weird that you accept ONE recommendation from one player on the list, and ignore the warnings from other 3/4 players.
    Anyway, if you want such players on the list, feel free to add Zeeshan DE, top Blanka player in Germany.
    ·
    For the few of you who dont already know, turbo is extreme mashing. It is not allowed in official tourneys but is a built in option made available by most fighting stick and pad manufacturers for casual/online play.

It doesn't matter if people choose to use it since skill, patience, and game knowledge will beat turbo every time.

If people are recommended since they give a good challenge/have a decent connection - I'll add. Especially if the recommendation came from a player already on the list.

If the "reason" people lose to someone and get salty is because they suspect turbo mashing, then they should be looking and focusing more at thier own play, not worrying about how others play and trying to control something beyond themselves.

This isnt a turbo or controller discussion, they pop up every few months on SRK - if you want to read more opinions on it or bring it up then thats O.K., please do it elsewhere.
    See also:
    http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/do-i-use-turbo.140791/
    and
    http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/what-to-do-and-how-to-play-vs-turbo-users.139267/

Lets stick to topic and try and keep recommendations to those who whipped you pretty bad.

Turbo gives an edge on-line unless somehow you are frame perfect. It's almost impossible to stand tech and quite hard to crouch tech against turbo, plus most people see it as cheating. Anyway this thread started out as a good idea but you made it dumb because you're a moron who is just adding anyone. Btw cheers for the link to arcade sound effects breh they're pretty cool.
    ·
    It's almost impossible to stand tech and quite hard to crouch tech against turbo

>>>If your opponent is super mashing throw buttons it doesn't have anything to do with your ability to tech. The first entry of the throw is what registers the throw and that is where the game engine will begin the tech-able frames, it doesnt care what comes after that. You may need to look into your own play if you fear turbo usage, I'm not commenting on it anymore. If you want to you can check the threads I posted for more info that might help out.

Btw cheers for the link to arcade sound effects breh they're pretty cool.

>>>Thanks, glad you are enjoying them.
    ·

Its not just that he uses Turbo, he also send ragemail and quits in the middle of match when things dont go his way.
    Its been confirmed by 4 people now and theres another thread which puts him in an "Avoid List".. if you want to ignore that then I dont think much of the list.

If you want a good list made by the community then you have to listen to the community.
    ·
    If you want a good list made by the community then you have to listen to the community.

All this offers is a list to give a chance to people on it, when playing online people are going to get salty, send a nasty note or 2, some are going to use turbo, keyboards, hitboxes, and sometimes even custom rigged hardware no one has ever heard of and are certainly not tourney approved. Some might even be using pre-programmed macros and you pretty much have no way of knowing for sure.

If they offer a tough online challenge, no matter how they decide to play or what they decide to use, then they might be offered up in good faith by a fellow player as an addition to the list, that is all this is. It isn't anything more or less.
    They arent all tourney caliber players or pros. I apologize if that does not meet your expectations, but I simply trust funkybee12's recommendation enough that he was challenged by Sanwa and had some ggs before all the negativity began.

He took the fight for what it was,a battle enjoyed online, heck he might have even gotten a laugh out of a salty message sent and shot one back....(sidenote, I do not condone being a vulgar and insulting fool by any means) Did he bother searching for excuses why he lost or finding a reason to hate a fellow player? Nah, he just popped in and recommended him! :clapdos:

I wish a list could be made that was 100% approved by 100% of the community but thats just not going to happen when you have so many people getting salty for so many reasons. Start removing people and your list gets smaller, more exclusive, and more people overvalue, argue, and fight over it...which is not something anyone should shoot for.

For the last time - I'd like to keep things NICE and not have fighting over this so please do stick to the plan of referring players that you think are honestly a good challenge or consistently have gg's with and/or have a difficult time winning against.

I enjoy the PC SF4 community and want to expand it, not argue over it.

Lets keep the fighting in the game.
    Thanks for reading guys.
    ·
    I have a hard time winning against Zeeshan, please add him on this list

·
    Turbo gives an edge on-line unless somehow you are frame perfect. It's almost impossible to stand tech and quite hard to crouch tech against turbo, plus most people see it as cheating. Anyway this thread started out as a good idea but you made it dumb because you're a moron who is just adding anyone. Btw cheers for the link to arcade sound effects breh they're pretty cool.
    who told you so??? online===offline afaikimhobbq online is frame perfect bro, wakeup!
    ·
  • VulpesVulpes No. Joined: Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭
    If they offer a tough online challenge, no matter how they decide to play or what they decide to use, then they might be offered up in good faith by a fellow player as an addition to the list,
    So if I hack SF4 so that any of my attacks deals 2000 damage, I get on this list?
    Why.
    ·
    I want to get the Boss Evil Ryu, that would be fun as hell to play online actually. Just to teleport throw.

I love the PC version.
    ·
    @vulpes
    If you even knew anything about the PC version you would know that cant happen when fighting online, troll. Im also guessing you probably wouldnt be recommended in that case.
    ·
  • GetSaltyGetSalty Joined: Posts: 73
    You guys NEED to play kaxblastard on PC. He's the #1 Sagat in the world (according to him).
    ·
    I'll find out a way to get boss E. Ryu and beat him double perfect, lol j/k. Be cool if I could.
    ·
    Its not just that he uses Turbo, he also send ragemail and quits in the middle of match when things dont go his way.
    Its been confirmed by 4 people now and theres another thread which puts him in an "Avoid List".. if you want to ignore that then I dont think much of the list.

First time when i played vs him,i had a nice conversation also after.& he was admitting for having a lot of problems vs my Vega,being nice & all.Anyway,i'm just talking for myself,I don't care of the way he behaves in general.
    ·
    First time when i played vs him,i had a nice conversation also after.& he was admitting for having a lot of problems vs my Vega,being nice & all.Anyway,i'm just talking for myself,I don't care of the way he behaves in general.

That is the right attitude. You cannot control his behavior(only your own), so there is no reason to spend time trying.

Thank you for contributing and being a positive member of the PC community.
    ·
  • The BreakerThe Breaker reading, lol Joined: Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭
    @vulpes
    If you even knew anything about the PC version you would know that cant happen when fighting online, troll. Im also guessing you probably wouldnt be recommended in that case.
    are you new to pc gaming?
    "This game is garbage." Why do you play it?
    "Because the other garbage is cold." So you just like garbage.
    ·
    I think you have reading comprehension issues, Sanwa uses Feilong, he uses turbos, and he loses consistently. Whoever recommended that guy is not aware of the basics of the game.

Fei..It's Obvious that you read WHO recommended Sanwa.so u didn't have to quote about 'that guy is not aware of the basics of the game'.I don't care whether he uses turbo or not.I knew he was using turbo,i can see that clearly in his combos.I might not know the game's Theories,study them as a most of ssf4 playes have studied.I'm just a guy who plays street fighter since 5 years old,back in the day when my city was full of Arcade centers.& I don't really care of studying crouch techs,frametraps,hitboxes & other terms of the game.i simply play,enjoy online gaming & that's it.Some people (You included) have messaged me by showing some delay in frames,but I can't do anything to fix that.Some other fellas have sent me salty messages like laughing at me for not knowing these terms mentioned above..& criticizing my gameplay..AFTER their ass got kicked,these are normal stuff,not to be paid attention to.
    With most of players i have a decent connection,with some others not.It's just the way it is. :)
    ·