Help buying Skullgirls using US PSN (From EU)

DavingtonDavington Joined: Posts: 2
So unfortunately there's yet to be an EU PSN release date for Skullgirls and so I'm sure a lot of us from the EU intend to get the game day one attempting to use a US PSN account.

Anyone mind giving us the easiest way to go about this and any extra info we might need when it comes to online play and later DLC?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Jet Set DizzyJet Set Dizzy Night of the Defender Joined: Posts: 2,270
    Easiest way is have have a bro in the US buy a card and send you the code, while you reimburse them via PayPal or such. There were a few people volenteering to do this in GD.
    "No, that's the extent of my knowledge. I just smash the keyboard with my elbows for a few hours a day and somehow this game happened."- Mike Z
  • saminaboxsaminabox Joined: Posts: 8
    Wait....Eu players wont be able to buy skullgirls on psn?
  • not so saintnot so saint The reports of my death are GREATLY exaggerated. Joined: Posts: 1,948
    http://maximuscards.com - didn't trying it myself but guys are approving =]
    It will be done as it was foretold for we are servants of the Skully Ones and we will consume tuna with bacon and we will party for days and nights without rest and we no need other fate despite this one! For we are what we are and we will kneel before no one >=[
    "Russian science rise again!"
  • DavingtonDavington Joined: Posts: 2
    Wait....Eu players wont be able to buy skullgirls on psn?

There hasn't been a release date for it yet. Currently it's only being released on the 10th for US PSN, and 11th for XBL worldwide. Kinda sucks :v

Looks legit. Might give it a go.

Thanks for the quick replies
  • Sanger ZonvoltSanger Zonvolt Future Cyberbots Pro Joined: Posts: 1,529
    Mike_Z wrote:
    Lambda/Arakune players advised on Cerebella for some reason

page0_blog_entry34-mj-laughing.gif
    Sword of Sophia and fightan games
    Cyberbots: Super-8 & Helion
    Vampire Savior: Lilith, Jedah, and Demitri
    Skullgirls: Painwheel/Filia/Squigly
  • beyond_deathbeyond_death Pony Advertising Joined: Posts: 44
    I always use Play-Asia for PSN cards and theyre pretty good. They usually send you the code within like a day max except this one time when they apparently ran out of codes and I had to wait like a week.

The main problem is for DLC you will most likely have to buy from the US store aswell, so you'll always have to keep buying US psn cards.
  • ZeroX03ZeroX03 Joined: Posts: 409
    Bought a US PSN Card from Play-Asia, and they send an email instantly with the code. Loaded up my US PSN Account with the $$$, now to wait for tomorrow.

I'm from Australia btw.
  • IparryUIparryU LoL Addict... Joined: Posts: 766
    Bought a US PSN Card from Play-Asia, and they send an email instantly with the code. Loaded up my US PSN Account with the $$$, now to wait for tomorrow.

I'm from Australia btw.
    I am starting to like this... the JPY:USD is damn good right now and can get this cheaper than I would if I had to buy in Japan... So with the game + some DLC I would be paying full price.

Just need to find out HOW MUCH dlc there will be.
  • AndoTheCommandoAndoTheCommando Sorry I'm late! Joined: Posts: 2,688
    Just make a fake U.S account using an american address, made up e-mail etc. and then buy a PSN card code (like I did, from Not So Saint's plugged website) or buy an actual card of Ebay, BestBuy or Play-Asia. It's pretty simple really, or wait the extra 2 weeks.
    "If I can't beat it, it's probably broken."- Ben Perkins
  • James LameJames Lame When's Melty? Joined: Posts: 91
    I just bought mine, got the code within the minute.
  • not so saintnot so saint The reports of my death are GREATLY exaggerated. Joined: Posts: 1,948
    I just bought mine, got the code within the minute.
    Glad to hear. I'm planing to use this site too via my cousin.
    It will be done as it was foretold for we are servants of the Skully Ones and we will consume tuna with bacon and we will party for days and nights without rest and we no need other fate despite this one! For we are what we are and we will kneel before no one >=[
  • VulpesVulpes No. Joined: Posts: 3,678
    or wait the extra 2 weeks.
    Wait, is it confirmed that it'll take another 2 weeks to come out? That's pretty... sad. :S
    Why.
    Wait, is it confirmed that it'll take another 2 weeks to come out? That's pretty... sad. :S
    Release date is still unknown fo eu psn >_>
    Wait, did you actually bought PS3? O_o
  • VulpesVulpes No. Joined: Posts: 3,678
    No, I'm still thinking about it (and will prolly go for it once I have dualmodded my stick).
    But there's a german FG tourney feat. SkullGirls at the 27th, and if the game only comes out on the ~24th,
    this probably will take quite a hit in both people attending and quality of play :shake:
    Why.
  • insanity99insanity99 Joined: Posts: 27
    This guy is amazing, he just emails you the code within an hour ir so

i have done business with him many. many times http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/20-US-PLAYSTATION-NETWORK-CARD-PSN-PS3-PSP-FAST-/110846730386?pt=UK_Computing_NetworkCards_RL&hash=item19cefae092
  • FennasFennas Joined: Posts: 1
    Do you know if it will be the same Version basically for EU as it is in US? I'm worried about the matchmaking system. Will the game know that I'm European and give me other EU players to play with?
  • SoulzityrSoulzityr Joined: Posts: 54
    I'm in USA but I can't find the version. Like wtheck??? :(

It's not on PSN when I search "skullgirls"
  • noir0083noir0083 Joined: Posts: 1
    I'm in USA but I can't find the version. Like wtheck??? :(

It's not on PSN when I search "skullgirls"

I am having the same issue. D:
    I'm crying a little on the inside. The skullgirls main website isnt working for me either, weirdly enough. I wanted to go there to check.
  • entenfettentenfett WasiKaBooM Joined: Posts: 215
    Do you know if it will be the same Version basically for EU as it is in US? I'm worried about the matchmaking system. Will the game know that I'm European and give me other EU players to play with?

It will most likely not know what country you are from, though it depends on the game i guess. You could search by region in SC5, for example, no matter what region your account was in. But some/most people filter the fight finder by their region and you would never get to fight those, so you would miss out on a lot of people to play against.

Until we see how it works in this game specifically there is no way to answer this question, really. I would wait a while until things are cleared up or until the european store has it. If you want to be sure, that is. I will wait :)
  • deice-deice- kimchi yokatta darou Joined: Posts: 596
    Region comes from your PSN account, not game purchase region. So install from US account, login to EU account, should play with no problems. (I think there's only ever been like 1 game on PSN that had region specific matchmaking, and that was only separating japan and western markets).

I bought my PSN card from http://www.play-asia.com/ . They delivered it digitally on the first working day after payment.
    SSF4: Juri BBCSEX: Λ-11 AH3: Nazuna MBAACC: F-Hime SG: Valentine/Squigly/Parasoul
    本番はこれからだったのに, もう限界? - honban wa korekara datta no ni, mou genkai?
    my account is USA, but why can't I get Skullgirls? the search turns up nothing.
    my account is USA, but why can't I get Skullgirls? the search turns up nothing.

Because its not out yet? You'll have to wait for the psn store to update.
    Oh? I thought it came out April 10th, today.
  • PurpleRainPurpleRain 4 life Joined: Posts: 145
    http://www.pcgamesupply.com/ i used that when there was no mortal kombat arcade edition in EU psn store. Why do we(EU) always get delayed release dates.....
    Pad Player
    UMVC3: Magneto/Doom/Skrull
  • YinYin fun fun fun Joined: Posts: 3,396
    Ok, judging from the comments on this blogpost, I have lost hope in getting an EU version in a timely manner (what with the official person saying date unknown and many posters lamenting EU PSNs crappiness on these matters). I need Skullgirls sooner.

So you guys who got the US ver, how'd you do it? Just make a fake account and order points from one of these shady sites? Can you still play it with your main account?
    slay this unaligned ant!
  • TizocTizoc Joined: Posts: 11,406
    If you wanna get it off US PSN, here are some tips
    1- Make a US account with the address/area as Maryland. Maryland does not charge you taxes for any of your purchases from US PSN.
    2- Use BestBuy.com to purchase 20 or 50 dollar PSN Cash cards. WHen asked for a billing address, the site will provide one for those that live outside the US. Furthermore, they send the code to your e-mail within the hour.

I mainly use EU PSN but have gotten the game the moment it was up on US PSN yesterday lol.
    Hope that helps ;3
    "You have to be a badass if you ride a giant seahorse." -Grant Morrison on why Aquaman is badass
    "Game Over, Snively. ...Thanks for playing." -Dr. Eggman, Sonic Universe #40
    "I'm stinking of animal blood...As of now I'm a vegetarian. And this is Bat-cow." -Damian Wayne
  • JufoJufo Joined: Posts: 291

Got my code from here. They had some trouble processing my info but I still got the code in about 15 minutes.
    So you guys who got the US ver, how'd you do it? Just make a fake account and order points from one of these shady sites? Can you still play it with your main account?
    Yes and yes.
    Finnish players especially from the Turku area should visit: http://www.turpakellari.com
    So do you guys find a lot of eu players to play with? Is the netcode bearable with (east coast) us players? Feedback would be appreciated :)
    Thanks guys, I'll try it out tomorrow. :) BestBuy seems like a good option.
    slay this unaligned ant!
  • MittinsKittensMittinsKittens Meow Meow Meow! Joined: Posts: 61
    So, after a lot stress, I finally managed to get a code and buy this game.
    I used Play-Asia first. They sent me a code that doesn't work. I've spent the last two days trying to get hold of them to do something about it. Probably going to have to get PayPal to get involved to get my money back...
    Call me crazy but I really wanted SkullGirls so I went to http://maximuscards.com. Had a little trouble, it said the processing failed, and they told me I needed to send me their number and they will ring me within 10 minutes. I put in my mobile number like an idiot not thinking about region coding being that I come from England and it was an American site and I couldn't rectify the problem which added to the stress of play-asia xD
    About 10 minutes later though they sent me my code though and it worked. Not quite sure why they needed to contact me then but I'm not going to ask questions tbh. Happy I went through with it even though as I said, I got to deal with Play-Asia...
    PSN:- MittinsKittens \Games:-SF3:3SOE (Alex) and Skullgirls (Cerabella)
    GFWL:- MittinsKittens \Games:-SF4AE {Rose)
    FiM:- MittinsKittens (Pinkie Pie)
  • tJevtJev Joined: Posts: 19
    Im in some serious need for Skullgirls this week :p

Are there any EU users who have played online yet? Is it possible to search by region?

Whats the easiest way to obtain psn cash, maximuscards?

//poor eu user..
    I've played a couple games online. Even managed to find a guy in the EU which game me like 60-90 ping which meant the game ran so smooth :P
    Yes, It's possible to search by region and you can see what region people are in when you're looking for "Any Region" lobbies if you're desperate for a game :)

And as for buying PSN wallet funds, After my experience, I would probably say the maximuscards since they were pretty quick about it and didn't give me stress like Play-Asia did :P
    Thanks :D I'll try with maximuscards then. Do I have to use my "us account" while playing skullgirls or can i use my eu account? Havnt bought any games on the us account before, just tried a demo for mk9.
    Yeah, I was worried about having to use my US psn account but nope, I'm currently using my EU account (MittinsKittens) with no problems what so ever :)
    Just make sure when you make the US account that you make it something you can actually remember, since if by some VERY sad chance that your ps3 messes up and you need to format the drive/buy a new one, you're going to need to get back into the US account to get the game again :P

Also, Just a heads up about MaxiumusCards. For some reason, they gave me and Jufo a "We had an problem processing your order" error and they requested my number (not sure about Jufo). As I said earlier in the thread, I derped and gave them my mobile number without the proper formatting. Didn't matter because about 10 minutes later I was given a code without them even trying to contact me again... So yeah, not really sure what that was about. Not going to ask questions though since they did a better job then play-asia *laughs* :D
    Thanks again for the quick response.

My US account is fairly old and i will most likely remember it :p Ill go ahead and order some cash in a few hours and then start my reign of terror online :D

Ill send a friend request later today on psn if all goes well :)
    Sounds awesome. When you send me a invite however, just whack on a message you're from here or something so I don't think it's some random 13 year old trying to contact me because he thinks I'm a girl. You laugh, but seriously, When I play online, about once every week when I'm getting some good sessons on my ps3, I get a message along the lines of "r u a gurl?"
    Not that it matters because it allows me to have fun with them.
    But yeah, I hope I've answered some worries of yours. I know how you feel because you asked the exact same questions that I did. Just I was too afraid to ask :P
  • Aeris130Aeris130 Joined: Posts: 4
    Im in some serious need for Skullgirls this week :p

Are there any EU users who have played online yet? Is it possible to search by region?

You can filter lobbies from Europe if you want. Not sure if Ranked matchmaker will put you outside that region if it doesn't find anything after a while, but I did find another EU players lobby in unranked this way (from my country even).
    I've accidently queued for ranked a few times. It gives you the option of declining the match by backing out before you start (with a info screen of location and ping) so its not a problem in ranked either :)
    Just bought 20$ prepaid card but they needed more information, guess ill have to wait until they wake up in america before ill get any :/
    Ahh... See this is what it did with me. You should get an email with them asking for you to give them more details. I guess do it although as I said earlier (...again) it didn't really matter with me :P
    I also got my code about this time yesterday so it's not going to be that.
  • puconovpuconov Joined: Posts: 20
    I'm trying with maximus cards. Give me good luck, i will say how i went

edit#1: problem after checking payment infos. I emailed them :/
    edit#2: DONE! Just gave them few more info and i had the code. sbav
    if someone wants to play, add me: puconov
    i'm italian... poor europe :(
    puconov, just follow the instructions in the mail you get after the "failed" process. Been playing for a few hours now :)
    Grah, tried BestBuy, everything seemed fine. But I've been waiting for the code for hours now... Ordet status just says "Order in process of being fulfilled."
    No idea if something went wrong or if I just have to wait. Did I miss the work hours due to timezones?
    Tempting to attempt one of the other sites instead, but BestBuy seemed the most legit...
    slay this unaligned ant!
  • PurpleRainPurpleRain 4 life Joined: Posts: 145
    http://maximuscards.com/ bought the psn card from here after I completed the standard form name card number etc it then it said there was an error in the transaction got told to send them more info: psn id email for that psn id and home phone and they sent an email saying they would call in 10mins then 10mins later they sent the code
    Pad Player
    UMVC3: Magneto/Doom/Skrull
    BestBuy came through, I got my code (at long last, took like a day)! NOW TO PLAY SKULLGIRLS :rock:
    slay this unaligned ant!
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 22,783
    i can say that maximuscards its the best one to buy your psn cards, so anyone doubting about it shouldnt hesitate
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • ElvenShadowElvenShadow Bozac Joined: Posts: 1,147
    i tried to buy a card from allcdkey.com they wanted me to send a picture of my drivers license and a picture of my credit card to confirm that I am the card holder. WTF... I told them to cancel the order. They already charged my card. I really hope they reverse the charge or I need to call my bank... which is a huge pain the ass from Japan

So this maximuscards site is legit? I guess I will try that one later.
    - The guy called "Bozac" against his will :P

member of team Chicago!

my Japan blog: http://elvenshadowblog.blogspot.com/
  • schischschisch Joined: Posts: 50
    hey guys, u can get those us psn cards from mmoga.com aswell site is well known because they sell WoW gold, bought a lot of games there already and never had any problems, i dont know if u have to verify something, when i registered a few years ago i had to open the support chat and then a girl called me and asked me some things on the phone :D

---

just bought the 20$ card, got it 2mins later, now im downloading skullgirls!
  • SygSyg Joined: Posts: 64
    Meh, I got a $20 card off play-asia just fine, but when I try and add the funds to my US PSN account I get the notorious "The funds could not be added to your wallet" message.