Skull Girls Story Discussion Thread: ALERT! SPOILERS INBOUND!

PyroquinFranPyroquinFran Adorable Hybrid FreakJoined: Posts: 401
This thread is for anyone who is intrested with the story mode/arcade mode and wants to share their reactions. What you thought was good, bad, funny and/or sad can all be expressed here. All without spoiling any of it for anyone in the GD thread.

I would not consider spoiler tags necessary because let's face it, this whole thread is just one big spoiler tag.
Im going on a Serious Sam Fran rampage now >; )
Im the one that loves the Quinkans, the Ratchet & Clanks and the Skull Girls.
·

Comments

• not so saintnot so saint The reports of my death are GREATLY exaggerated. Joined: Posts: 1,948
    K, thanks Fran =]
    I won't go here until I finish storymode.
    It will be done as it was foretold for we are servants of the Skully Ones and we will consume tuna with bacon and we will party for days and nights without rest and we no need other fate despite this one! For we are what we are and we will kneel before no one >=[
    "Russian science rise again!"
    ·
  • HellfromaboveHellfromabove Joined: Posts: 2,579 mod
    Stickied dis shit. Let's get it crackin' homies.

-Tha Hindu
    ·
  • Uncivilized ElkUncivilized Elk Joined: Posts: 713
    My first story mode experience was Minette getting hit on, and then being negged on.

Holy fuck what a weird way to start the game.
    PSN: Uncivilized_Elk
    ·
  • Sensei RouzuSensei Rouzu Turtle Nosebleed Style Joined: Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭
    Just beat Peacock's so far. Hot damn Reverge Skullgirls needs its own cartoon or at least make one just for Peacock.

Listening to : Nas / The Narcicyst / Diamond District / MC Melodee / Alice Smith / Lee Fields / 20syl
    ·
  • FirebrandedFirebranded Aerial Ace Joined: Posts: 3,817
    Filia. Dayum!
    Firebrand/Wolverine/Sentinel P4A: Yosuke (236B = Bon Voyage), Teddy
    GT: WESKERRRRRR
    "I luv my anchor" by KassandraNova.
    SWAY: A Ten Minute Firebrand Tutorial
    ·
  • AndoTheCommandoAndoTheCommando Sorry I'm late! Joined: Posts: 2,570 ✭✭
    Cerebella's story has her in a Playboy outfit, complete with bunny eared Vice-Versa. It's.... it's truely something.
    "If I can't beat it, it's probably broken."- Ben Perkins.
    "He's american so he has to get retarded rewards for minimal effort."- Ace's thoughts on Captain America combos.
    "not only is this bitch a super kawaii desu roboto she fucking fun as fuck and ALL THE FUCKING PRETTY COLORS."- Jamal313 on playing Aigis.
    ·
    Cerebella's story has her in a Playboy outfit, complete with bunny eared Vice-Versa. It's.... it's truely something.
    I refuse to use bella but I need to know why this is lol.
    ·
    Serving Vitale drinks at the end, sitting on his lap. (Hot dayum.)
    "He's american so he has to get retarded rewards for minimal effort."- Ace's thoughts on Captain America combos.
    "not only is this bitch a super kawaii desu roboto she fucking fun as fuck and ALL THE FUCKING PRETTY COLORS."- Jamal313 on playing Aigis.
    ·
    Woah isn't Vitale like Bella's "dad" in a sense XD.
    ·
    To her she is, to him... clearly not so much.
    ·
  • SpeedydonutSpeedydonut punching bag Joined: Posts: 13
    How about dat Double ending? Really didn't expect something like that to happen.
    ·
    To her she is, to him... clearly not so much.
    Maybe the bunny suit was just what she wears to bed...or something.
    ·
  • OsmiumsmithOsmiumsmith Joined: Posts: 340

To me the most spectacular about her ending was...
    Spoiler:
    ·
    Seems to have only sad endings
    ·
  • UnshapedOrkRandomNumberUnshapedOrkRandomNumber Far too kinky. Joined: Posts: 735
    Seems to have only sad endings
    Fillia's is pretty happy.
    Spoiler:
    ·
  • ParasoulParasoul Reporting for Duty! Joined: Posts: 263
    Huh. Skullgirls seems to be a game withing a game. Also Venus.
    ·
  • LordTerminalLordTerminal Joined: Posts: 77
    Spoiler:

0_____0 This makes me enraged to no end.
    ·
    Fillia's is pretty happy.
    Spoiler:

So it is bittersweet at best. The last meal of someone in the death row except it is everyone else that dies instead of the condemned.

I like this plot...

I don't have the game, so I have been spoiling myself with the livestreams so I don't get obsessed. So far I have seen Parasoul's and Cerebella's endings.

I really liked Ms. Fortune's obsession with vengeance. Even in the state she was in that ending, she was really scary.
    ·
  • Firekid2468Firekid2468 Keep the Flag Flying Joined: Posts: 922
    Yo, what the fuuuuuuuuuck, why is Valentine so creepy?
    BB: Makoto, Noel
    MvC3: X-23/Wesker/Strider
    SG: Filia/Squigly/M. Fortune
    RTSD all day, erry day.
    ·
    Yo, what the fuuuuuuuuuck, why is Valentine so creepy?
    You'd still do her.
    ·
  • Firekid2468Firekid2468 Keep the Flag Flying Joined: Posts: 922
    You'd still do her.

lol no.
    BB: Makoto, Noel
    MvC3: X-23/Wesker/Strider
    SG: Filia/Squigly/M. Fortune
    RTSD all day, erry day.
    ·
    lol no.
    Painwheel without the mask...all night long...yeah. :P
    ·
  • Dantemustdie00Dantemustdie00 Joined: Posts: 255
    Hmm... Hoping to see some screen captures surface of all the artwork in story mode.

I paticularly want one of Peacock and Black Dahlia about to clash as a Desktop wallpaper, or one of Cerebella hugging Feng.

Speaking of Peacock, wow, her story was unsuspectingly sad.
    ·
    Hmm... Hoping to see some screen captures surface of all the artwork in story mode.

I paticularly want one of Peacock and Black Dahlia about to clash as a Desktop wallpaper, or one of Cerebella hugging Feng.

Speaking of Peacock, wow, her story was unsuspectingly sad.
    She didn't seem to care. Hopefully a patch will allow us to view endings...
    ·
    Parasoul's ending was the saddest.

The training begins so in time Umbrella can kill Parasoul.
    Ouch.
    My heart...
    ·
    Parasoul's ending was the saddest.

The training begins so in time Umbrella can kill Parasoul.
    Ouch.
    My heart...
    I was confused by that ending...
    Ravidrath had to explain it to me.
    I just don't get how...she just didn't end the cycle there and then. It will even worst for her sister to kill her in the future...she would have rather died for being so damn stupid. Oh well.
    ·
    I don't think any of the endings are canon, so I don't know by the next build of the game with more characters and stuff that the endings and story for the characters would change. I don't know, maybe.

Oh yes

cerebellaending3.jpg

I'm starting to upload artwork pics of the story mode via some screen capturing, so if ya'll got a request, ask away. This Thread is for spoiling after all.

I'm also getting some pics for the "Who are the known characters of the Skullgirls Universe" Thread, like the Avatar of Feng I have now.
    ·
  • rayplayrayplay aka solidoutlaw Joined: Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭✭
    Spoiler:
    Oh thats what happened? I thought she
    Spoiler:
    PSN: rayplay
    I'm outrageous. So anti social that I make others feel like THEY'RE the outcasts, not me.
    "Fall down seven times, get up eight." - T.O.M.
    ·
  • Luckydude23Luckydude23 Anime girls, all day. Joined: Posts: 501
    Wow, so the story mode seems to be really cool so far. Even though the endings are like "What If's", just looking at it from streams, it's suprisingly good.

Although I have to say, the endings so far for the characters are really sad.
    ·

You disappoint me.

Just as I shall probably disappoint you with my terrible skills if we ever fight online.
    ·
    Eh...life is full of disappointments.
    ·
  • ZebsterZebster Fusion is apparently pretty hot Joined: Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭✭
    I just don't get how...she just didn't end the cycle there and then. It will even worst for her sister to kill her in the future...she would have rather died for being so damn stupid. Oh well.
    They explained it kind of clearly. Umbrella can't live without the Skullheart around her anymore(hopefully I didn't misremember this detail already)
    So Parasoul kept her from becoming the next Skullgirl while also becoming the next Skullgirl and keeping the Skullheart near Umbrella at all times.

Also, so I guess the Divine Trinity is Aeon (who I've never seen before this), Venus, and Mother?
    3DS Friend Code: 1392-4119-7524
    3DS name: Zebster
    SSB4 main/secondary: Wario/Luigi
    ·
    They explained it kind of clearly. Umbrella can't live without the Skullheart around her anymore(hopefully I didn't misremember this detail already)
    So Parasoul kept her from becoming the next Skullgirl while also becoming the next Skullgirl and keeping the Skullheart near Umbrella at all times.

Also, so I guess the Divine Trinity is Aeon (who I've never seen before this), Venus, and Mother?
    Actually no. She didn't take the shot because it would have killed her in the explosion. If she hadn't gone for the heart she would have gotten it...so she decided to become the skullgirl and train the little brat to kill her. Ravidrath told me so.

That trinity thing would explain why everthing plays like a movie...so yeah I have considered that theory.
    ·
  • Nitro263Nitro263 Slappin' Fools Joined: Posts: 1,060
    I'm pretty sure Cerebella compressed Nadia back into the Life Gem.

I didn't like Cerebella's ending. Hell, it didn't look like she liked her ending. Everything works out for Vitale, but she looks mad unhappy.

Parasoul is awesome. She gets a downer ending, but it works well in showcasing just how much of a heroine she is. Sacrificing herself to what she hates most o save her sister... and then she's going to train Umbrella to kill her when she becomes the Skullgirl. She's a real trooper.

Filia's was sad, and a little underwhelming. That she never finds all her answers to her past is disappointing, and the skull heart trolls her in the end (your wish was pure... not.) Painwheel is the only one who wins in Filia's ending, and all that Filia gets resolved is that she is now slowly waiting to turn (which is essentially death). And what happened to Samson?

Fortune's story was about the only positive one, and played out like an action movie that sets up for a sequel in the end. It also brought more focus on Minette and the Dagonian supporting characters, and introduced a new guy, which is cool.

Peacock's story was also really good. A good mix of awesome and tragic, Peacock remains unfazed through everything, and Black Dahlia makes an appearance.

Painwheel's ending was tragedy. Even after all she endured and overcomes, things just never really get any better for her. So sad.

Valentine's story is one of my favorites. It does a very good job explaining what she's all about, and showing how she's really an anti-heroine, not a villain. She's willing to sacrifice herself just to make sure they can stop the beings behind the Skull Heart, and takes the role of Skullgirl onto herself just to give Painwheel a reason to keep going. Even through all the bad things she's credited with, she may be the most selfless character in the game.

Double's story... is just LOL. It was creepy at first, but then... LOL.
    "having aduken is advantageous, using aduken is chicken, and abusing aduken is winning." -brucelee-kid
    "Winning is what the game is about and if I lose at least I have chicken." -JD inc.
    ·
    If theirs one ending that does seem the most legit, it'll have to be Doubles ending, well, techniqually the scenes that happen after Doubles ending.

Mother (The Great Mother), Aeon and Venus are all on the stain glass windows and the giant statue in the Grand Cathedral, as to what their role truly is, well, were just gonna have to wait for a sequel or something, when I assume the true story will commence.
    ·
    Actually no. She didn't take the shot because it would have killed her in the explosion. If she hadn't gone for the heart she would have gotten it...so she decided to become the skullgirl and train the little brat to kill her. Ravidrath told me so.

Lets hope Ravidarth doesn't have to tell anybody else!

*shakes fist angrily at the lack of story comprehension"
    ·
  • Ragnorok64Ragnorok64 My muscles have no memory. Joined: Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭✭
    Peacock had the best story mode if you ask me.

Cerebella's was just screwed up. I can never not like the character, but seriously she compressed Ms. Fortune into a giant life gem. She didn't wish it out of her since the original life gem was small enough to be swallowed. She seriously handed Vitale an gem made out of compressed cat gore..
    ·
  • Jet Set DizzyJet Set Dizzy Night of the Defender Joined: Posts: 2,270
    Peacock had the best story mode if you ask me.

Cerebella's was just screwed up. I can never not like the character, but seriously she compressed Ms. Fortune into a giant life gem. She didn't wish it out of her since the original life gem was small enough to be swallowed. She seriously handed Vitale an gem made out of compressed cat gore..
    Yeah it would have showed the Skullheart reacting if it was a wish.

Oh yeah and no sign of Squigly at all... D:
    "No, that's the extent of my knowledge. I just smash the keyboard with my elbows for a few hours a day and somehow this game happened."- Mike Z
    ·
  • RussaiRussai A Debby Downer Joined: Posts: 342
    Cerebella's ending.. ew.
    Launch party erry day
    Russai.deviantART.com
    ·
    Oh thats what happened? I thought she
    Spoiler:

Or her wish made the Skullheart transforme Fortune in the Life Gem.

What we do know is that there is no Nadia anymore and that Cerebella looks sad for something she did in her final picture.

The plot writers left the horror for our imagination. Classic move.
    ·
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    ·
    Cerebella's ending.. ew.

Agreed. Not to mention,
    Spoiler:
    which as previously mentioned, pisses me off.

Parasoul's ending so far is my favorite.
    ·
  • JakeWasHereJakeWasHere FGC N3wb Joined: Posts: 296
    Spoiler:
    ·
  • AceZTellerAceZTeller 1:9? Bring it. Joined: Posts: 121
    Aren't these all "what if" scenarios? None of these are actually true, right? Someone said something about a patch with the real story.
    Made In Detroit
    UMVC3: V. Joe/RR/Arthur

If my match-up during a 3 win tournament is 1:9, I've just gotta think in terms of 3:27.
    ·
    I foresee a Cerebella hatedom, specially among Fortune's fandom.
    ·
    I "hated" Cerebella off her (non-hatbro) design to start with.
    ·
    Aren't these all "what if" scenarios? None of these are actually true, right? Someone said something about a patch with the real story.

Well I just saw Double's ending right now and
    Spoiler:
    Or Mike Z is trolling us.
    ·
  • Sanger ZonvoltSanger Zonvolt Future Cyberbots Pro Joined: Posts: 1,529
    Only played Filia's and Painwheel's so far, I have to say Filia's was meh, but Painwheel's was pretty good.
    Sword of Sophia and fightan games
    Cyberbots: Super-8 & Helion
    Vampire Savior: Lilith, Jedah, and Demitri
    Skullgirls: Painwheel/Filia/Squigly
    ·
  • Kuukuu OmoiKuukuu Omoi Joined: Posts: 169
    Spoiler:
    I just wish we would stop ATTACKING each other, and all be more friendly. Is it so hard to just get along? its disgusting to the new people wanting a healthy community.
    K.O. means empty heart btw.
    ·
  • RussaiRussai A Debby Downer Joined: Posts: 342
    Just finished all the stories there. Aeon really has an hourglass figure going on. (I see what you did there Alex)

Also, this thread is a mess of Spoiler tags. Everyone coming in here knows there's going to be rampant spoilers so they're really unnecessary.
    Launch party erry day
    Russai.deviantART.com
    ·