** Akihabarashop.jp is now OPEN **

Comments

• IshimaruMakotoIshimaruMakoto Hyped 'till the feet. Joined: Posts: 110
    The PS360+ hardware can make a Wii, Neo-geo and others consoles possible?
    It's just a matter of firmware that compatibility?
    ·
  • VOLDOMVOLDOM Joined: Posts: 110
    I believe that Neogeo and Megadrive/MSX don't use a command encoder chip, or something like that, so it is imposible to add support for these systems on any PCB.
    ·
    I believe that Neogeo and Megadrive/MSX don't use a command encoder chip, or something like that, so it is imposible to add support for these systems on any PCB.
    Thanks for the enlightenment, sir.
    But we have here and pcb that can be anything, just a matter of programming?
    ·
    For some reasson I can't get this FLIP crap to run properly in order to update my PS360+ to the latest firmware, it keeps asking for an Atlibusbdfu.dll file to "communicate" with the USB, I think I'll be switching back to one of my Cthulhus, easy to update and more systems supported.
    ·
  • mizuzumizuzu Joined: Posts: 22
    VOLDOM, you need to install the driver for the USB bootloader mode, if you already have a driver you probably installed the wrong one. Unplug your PS360+, hold start on the device you use the PS360+ on, plug the PS360+, if it doesn't prompt you to install a driver go to device manager and right click on the PS360+ and update the driver. Point it to the Atmel directory and the usb folder and let it do it's thing.

RealNeoGeo, do you have an ETA on when the documentation for writing your own firmware is going to be out? I would like to add asynchronous SOCD to L + R
    ·
    Hmm.. after upgrading to 1.3 PS360+ is not recognized in USB 3.0 ports.
    ·
    Thanks, I updated my PS360+, I'll try it on my Xbox when I have time.
    ·
  • jmanDMCjmanDMC Focusattack.com Joined: Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭
    Hi Per,

Just posting to the thread here since it's possible that someone found a workaround. A customer mentioned that Windows 8 USB libs are not recognized in the ATMEL software used to update the PS360+ firmware.
    Join the FA.R Rewards Program! Earn, share, and redeem chips to save nearly every day! http://bit.ly/fa-rewards
    Get the KOWAL™ 1mm oversize actuator. Find out why hundreds of players have so far. bit.ly/fa-sizematters
    Have questions? Get answers by our Tech Talk member support team and knowledgebase http://support.focusattack.com
    ·
  • TheRealNeoGeoTheRealNeoGeo Arcadeparts Joined: Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭
    VOLDOM, you need to install the driver for the USB bootloader mode, if you already have a driver you probably installed the wrong one. Unplug your PS360+, hold start on the device you use the PS360+ on, plug the PS360+, if it doesn't prompt you to install a driver go to device manager and right click on the PS360+ and update the driver. Point it to the Atmel directory and the usb folder and let it do it's thing.

RealNeoGeo, do you have an ETA on when the documentation for writing your own firmware is going to be out? I would like to add asynchronous SOCD to L + R

Thanks for helping VOLDOM. Was it you that e-mailed regarding SOCD? We are working on the code so it will be as good as possible when released as open source, as soon as it nears the ending I´ll post here for sure. Again, sorry for the wait.

Hmm.. after upgrading to 1.3 PS360+ is not recognized in USB 3.0 ports.

I have not tried it on USB 3.0 yet, was this only for 1.3 (was it working on older firmware)?

Hi Per,

Just posting to the thread here since it's possible that someone found a workaround. A customer mentioned that Windows 8 USB libs are not recognized in the ATMEL software used to update the PS360+ firmware.

I´ll look into making a small tutorial for Win 8 if I get it running correctly, thanks for the heads up.
    ·
  • zer0_858zer0_858 Arcade Enthusiast Joined: Posts: 133
    Is there a way to install this into a Madcatz and disable start button with the Lock switch?
    ·
    Is there a way to install this into a Madcatz and disable start button with the Lock switch?

I don´t have the answer to that (maybe someone else can help you) but a Tournament mode update will be added soon...
    ·
  • zer0_858zer0_858 Arcade Enthusiast Joined: Posts: 133
    That would be a great addition :)
    ·
    Thanks for helping VOLDOM. Was it you that e-mailed regarding SOCD? We are working on the code so it will be as good as possible when released as open source, as soon as it nears the ending I´ll post here for sure. Again, sorry for the wait.

I don't know/remember...what is a SOCD? What I do know is that I have placed an order at akihabarashop (a JLF stick, some JLF parts and few Sanwa buttons) which hasn't been updated yet :)
    I already paid but I can't even see it in my "account overview", it only shows older orders from 2010 and 2011.
    ·
    I don't know/remember...what is a SOCD? What I do know is that I have placed an order at akihabarashop (a JLF stick, some JLF parts and few Sanwa buttons) which hasn't been updated yet :)
    I already paid but I can't even see it in my "account overview", it only shows older orders from 2010 and 2011.

Sometimes this happens. Please send list of what you ordered with quantity/color and what kind of shipping type you used and we will get it out for you.
    ·
    2 x OBSN-24 yellow
    1 x JLF-TP-8Y-SK dust and shaft cover
    2 x OBSN-30RG yellow
    1 x Joystick-Adapter for battop
    8 x OBSN-30RG pink
    1 x H5P Seimitsu 5-pin universal joystick cable (why the big difference in price between Sanwa and Seimitsu cables??)
    1 x LB-35 pink
    1 x JLF-TP-8S metal shaft
    1 x JLF-TP-8YT-SK green balltop
    3 x LS-40 dust covers

Air mail, and I also left a note asking you to declare a price lower than $50, and mark as "gift", thanks Aki.
    ·
    [SIZE=14px]Updated Firmware PDF, now including Windows 8. (January 15th, 2013).[/SIZE]
    PS360PlusFWUpdateGuide.pdf

2 x OBSN-24 yellow
    1 x JLF-TP-8Y-SK dust and shaft cover
    2 x OBSN-30RG yellow
    1 x Joystick-Adapter for battop
    8 x OBSN-30RG pink
    1 x H5P Seimitsu 5-pin universal joystick cable (why the big difference in price between Sanwa and Seimitsu cables??)
    1 x LB-35 pink
    1 x JLF-TP-8S metal shaft
    1 x JLF-TP-8YT-SK green balltop
    3 x LS-40 dust covers

Air mail, and I also left a note asking you to declare a price lower than $50, and mark as "gift", thanks Aki.

Please send it to our e-mail (contact@akihabarashop.jp), it is hard to browse different forums and remember everything. Also, it is important to have it saved for future reference.
    ·
    Really looking forward to the guide about programming PS360+
    I can tell that when this comes, people will make arcades that can fly!
    HAHAHA
    ·
    Therealneogeo,

Yes, USB 3.0 was working in 1.2. As soon as I updated it it wouldn't recognize it even if I unplugged and replugged the cable. When I used a USB 2.0 port it got recognized immediately.

I did not do any testing though, and dont have a computer near me at the moment.
    ·
  • wazwuzwazwuz Joined: Posts: 159 ✭✭✭
    just get couple ps360 from preorder. thnx for making this awesome pcb
    ArcadeStick-Indonesia.com
    ·
  • Oroku SakiOroku Saki Joined: Posts: 9
    It looks like Akihabarashop.jp's forum is having issues; I was redirected to this.

s0mAu.png
    ·
    Therealneogeo,

Yes, USB 3.0 was working in 1.2. As soon as I updated it it wouldn't recognize it even if I unplugged and replugged the cable. When I used a USB 2.0 port it got recognized immediately.

I did not do any testing though, and dont have a computer near me at the moment.

I will look into this.

just get couple ps360 from preorder. thnx for making this awesome pcb

Thanks!

It looks like Akihabarashop.jp's forum is having issues; I was redirected to this.

It is directed to that page by default, there is no forum so no worries. Can´t wait until I get the new shop up and running...
    ·
    Hello guys,
    how is it going?

I finally managed to install my PS360+ and tested, and I can say that I'm love.
    The firmware update was piece of cake in the Win 7.

I just have one suggestion:
    Can the PC mode be switched or have the option to change to X360?
    The PC already manage to map the buttons and put everything to work automatically, better than have to map yourself everything.

It's just an idea, hope you guys understand.
    ·
    Hello guys,
    how is it going?

I finally managed to install my PS360+ and tested, and I can say that I'm love.
    The firmware update was piece of cake in the Win 7.

I just have one suggestion:
    Can the PC mode be switched or have the option to change to X360?
    The PC already manage to map the buttons and put everything to work automatically, better than have to map yourself everything.

It's just an idea, hope you guys understand.

You can change mode when you insert the USB cable:
    1. Hold down P1 when you insert USB cable and it will go into PC/PS3 mode.
    2. Hold down P2 when you insert USB cable and it will go into Xbox 360 mode.
    ·
    You can change mode when you insert the USB cable:
    1. Hold down P1 when you insert USB cable and it will go into PC/PS3 mode.
    2. Hold down P2 when you insert USB cable and it will go into Xbox 360 mode.
    Exactly what I did.
    My idea was to made the X360 mode default to when you insert the USB on PC.
    ·
  • AriesnoAriesno Seimitsu's warrior Joined: Posts: 244 ✭✭✭
    Any chances do you restock this Seimitsu PS-15 color ? :

ps-15-dg1.gifps-15-dg2.gifps-15-ta1.gifps-15-ta2.gifps-15-pa1.gifps-15-pa2.gifps-15-ne1.gifps-15-ne2.gifps-15-dp1.gifps-15-dp2.gif

More questions :
    Does Seimitsu PS-15 purple have same color of Sanwa's dark blue?
    Are there any balltop purple or ash by Seimitsu?
    Will you sell some exclusive content from JAEPO 2k13?

Ps : can you update the pictures of differents LS-58 and PS-15 ash please.
    ·
    Exactly what I did.
    My idea was to made the X360 mode default to when you insert the USB on PC.

We will see in the future.

Any chances do you restock this Seimitsu PS-15 color ? :

More questions :
    Does Seimitsu PS-15 purple have same color of Sanwa's dark blue?
    Are there any balltop purple or ash by Seimitsu?
    Will you sell some exclusive content from JAEPO 2k13?

Ps : can you update the pictures of differents LS-58 and PS-15 ash please.

1. Q: Any chances do you restock this Seimitsu PS-15 color ? A: We can check with Seimitsu regarding the PS-15 special colors.
    2. Q: Does Seimitsu PS-15 purple have same color of Sanwa's dark blue? A: I will see if I can make a picture for you tomorrow so you can see for yourself.
    3. Q: Are there any balltop purple or ash by Seimitsu? A: We had purple before but not anymore. No Ash color balltop.
    4. Q: Will you sell some exclusive content from JAEPO 2k13? A: Don´t know.
    5. Q: Can you update the pictures of differents LS-58 and PS-15 ash please? A: We will start doing this once the new webshop comes up which will be next month I think, need to test it out first also.
    ·
  • noodallsnoodalls Joined: Posts: 260
    Similar question, any plans to carry the OBSFS series of silenced sanwa buttons?
    ·
    Similar question, any plans to carry the OBSFS series of silenced sanwa buttons?

Yes of course. After the new webshop is up we will expand with the newest products like we always did before.
    ·
  • AriesnoAriesno Seimitsu's warrior Joined: Posts: 244 ✭✭✭
    New webshop,that a very good new.

I waiting after JAEPO to see if Seimitsu (and other)make new stuff...if PS-15 purple really match with dark blue i absolute need it...also i never see seimitsu purple balltop and i can't find picture...the same with ash button.
    I only found this :
    photo2.jpg

and another where it seem to be white.

But i will see by myself cause yesterday i just ordered to you some ash buttons.
    ·
    New webshop,that a very good new.

I waiting after JAEPO to see if Seimitsu (and other)make new stuff...if PS-15 purple really match with dark blue i absolute need it...also i never see seimitsu purple balltop and i can't find picture...the same with ash button.
    I only found this :

and another where it seem to be white.

But i will see by myself cause yesterday i just ordered to you some ash buttons.

Here is the picture I took for you, hope it helps:

PS15OBSF30Comp.jpg
    ·
  • DeathGunDeathGun Joined: Posts: 636
    I have like 10 sawna joysticks that are "loose", the sticks are completely loose and I think it is due wasted parts, mainly the pivot (the white piece). Do you have the JLF springs and pivots to sell?
    ·
    I have like 10 sawna joysticks that are "loose", the sticks are completely loose and I think it is due wasted parts, mainly the pivot (the white piece). Do you have the JLF springs and pivots to sell?

Go to the joystick section and look at any JLF joystick there is, there are two list boxes, look at the one on the right side, all spare parts are there.
    ·
  • hibachifinalhibachifinal Little Princess Joined: Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey TheRealNeoGeo,

sorry to bother you with this here, but I'm just curious about some of my orders. I have two orders made, #7847 (12/20/2012) and #7870 (01/05/2013), I requested to combine the orders shipping using your contact e-mail but I never got a response, I also asked availability and a quote on Seimitsu's PSL-30N's in the same message. Both orders are "processing" right now, and i'm not sure if it has shipped already, or if the orders were successfully combined, just need a heads up on the status of these orders.

that is all, thank you.
    HIBACHIFINAL'S INFAMOUS ARCADE STICK TIER LIST ~ SEIMITSU RADICAL やっぱり四角ガイドは、素晴らしい。 Once you go (OBSF-30)RG, Everything else is shit.
    ·
    Hey TheRealNeoGeo,

sorry to bother you with this here, but I'm just curious about some of my orders. I have two orders made, #7847 (12/20/2012) and #7870 (01/05/2013), I requested to combine the orders shipping using your contact e-mail but I never got a response, I also asked availability and a quote on Seimitsu's PSL-30N's in the same message. Both orders are "processing" right now, and i'm not sure if it has shipped already, or if the orders were successfully combined, just need a heads up on the status of these orders.

that is all, thank you.

Hello,

We sent e-mails but some bounce back for some reason, yet another reason why I am just waiting on this new webshop to finish. It has been shipped, I will check tomorrow if it was combined successfully (I am on other computer now).
    ·
    Hey TheRealNeoGeo,

that is all, thank you.

I'm in the same situation as you, but in my case I cannot even see the status of my order.
    ·
    I'm in the same situation as you, but in my case I cannot even see the status of my order.

Did you send an e-mail about this? If not, please do so we can solve the issue. Sorry for the problems.
    ·
    Did you send an e-mail about this? If not, please do so we can solve the issue. Sorry for the problems.

I did, but I never got an answer so I don't know if you received it.
    ·
    I did, but I never got an answer so I don't know if you received it.

Sent reply to you (it was already sent).
    ·
    Special OFFER for my American customers (ONLY) between today and 31st of January!
    http://akishop-customs.com/index.html

*Just click the image and send an e-mail with your order list, will be replied to within 24h.
    ·
  • ShinMagusShinMagus Joined: Posts: 222
    Hi. Do you have an ETA for documentation or a tutorial on programming the firmware for the PS360+? I am personally interested in being able to switch SELECT with L1 or L2 (by default, 3P and 3K in SSF4AE) without resorting to switching the wires as people usually do. The hardware method is easy, but I'd rather be able to keep the buttons in their standard place for other games in general, and just make the change for "s-linking" (priority linking using SELECT) in AE. Perhaps a command for remapping all the buttons on-the-fly would do the trick. :)

Thanks!
    Magus
    12000 B.C. - Dark Ages
    "The black wind begins to blow..."
    "Can you hear that? It's the sound of the Reaper."
    ·
    Hi. Do you have an ETA for documentation or a tutorial on programming the firmware for the PS360+? I am personally interested in being able to switch SELECT with L1 or L2 (by default, 3P and 3K in SSF4AE) without resorting to switching the wires as people usually do. The hardware method is easy, but I'd rather be able to keep the buttons in their standard place for other games in general, and just make the change for "s-linking" (priority linking using SELECT) in AE. Perhaps a command for remapping all the buttons on-the-fly would do the trick. :)

Thanks!

It is being worked on, should be ready in February. Sorry for the long wait, I know many people have been waiting for it.
    ·
    The firmware uses what language? C++, C?
    ·
  • TheFightingFishTheFightingFish Joined: Posts: 17
    Sorry. Probably a silly question here. But the main akihabarashop.jp site is open for orders, right? I scanned back a page or two and most of the talk seems to be around the custom PCBs. And the website doesn't seem to have very frequent updates so I was a little unsure. Just wanted to make sure stuff was all still processing before I put a semi big order in. Thanks.
    ·
  • VietGeekVietGeek Joined: Posts: 238
    Hey Per, when did/will orders for the PS360+ during the special offer ship out? Thanks.
    ·
  • Mr.BrokenMr.Broken Joined: Posts: 55
    Yo first of all i want to say that the ps360+ is a fine piece of hardware but i ran into a small problem.

so i wanted to play some snk classics on my ps2 it seems like all directions and buttons are disabled when playin any snk playmore title on the ps2. i tried garou, neogeo batlle colliseum, kof2k2 and samurai showdown collection. the only game i got to work was samurai showdown 6 tenka and i still dont know why this happens, i can throw in any other game and the stick works fine O_o
    "Someday , someone will best me.
    But it wont be today , and it wont be you!"
    ·
  • jaquiojaquio Joined: Posts: 212
    Mine isn't arrived yet but i'm thinking to sell it. I'm seeing lots of issues here.
    ·
    edited February 2013
    I love my PS360+. When I'm able to program its firmware, holy...

If I can find the DVDs, I'll test my PS360+ with games like those, Mr.Broken. :P I can tell you my PS360+ works perfectly with SFAA and CvS2, which are the PS2 games I've played with it so far.
    Post edited by ShinMagus on
    Magus
    12000 B.C. - Dark Ages
    ·
    Jaquio,
    You will NEVER encounter a hardware that are fail proof.
    Neither a hardware that is just perfect.

PS360+ have some issues but for me and for the people who elected as the best hardware of 2012 too.

I really recommend to start using and don't mind for the comments, people usually comment when something is WRONG, not when everything is flowers.

Have a good game,
    ·
  • Pablo_the_MexPablo_the_Mex HARDBody Joined: Posts: 7,495 ✭✭✭
    Sorry if this is a dumb question, but is there a PS360+ specific thread?  Since the relaunch I can't find anything.  What I want to know is if the ps360+ works well with adapters.  For example if I  just use a psx cable, and i plug it into an innovation psx>DC converter, I get nothing.  However, if I just use a DC cable it works fine on the dreamcast, same with the psx on a ps2.  I mean overall this thing is awesome, wired up my happ perfect 360s no problem.  About time we get pcbs that play nice with optical sticks right off the bat.  Just curious about converter compatibility.  Thanks.  
    ·
    I just tested my PS360+ with the following PS2 Games:
    KoF 2002 UM (JAP)
    KoF XI (US)
    KoF 98 UM (JAP)
    Hyper Street Fighter II Anniversary Edition (JAP)

From my experience, when you first load a game it's a good idea to re-establish the physical connection (I have a Neutrik RJ-45 passthrough port and I unplug and re-plug the RJ-45 to PSX controller connector cable). This minor quirk aside, everything's perfect. :)
    Magus
    12000 B.C. - Dark Ages
    ·