** Akihabarashop.jp is now OPEN **

Comments

• MoukisMoukis Joined: Posts: 9
    I want so much a tutorial for this mod, unfortunately my TE is for PS3 and I fear that there are no methods for using the buttons on the original panel.

Anyone know if akihabara doing a detailed tutorial for your customers?
  • The_ThirdThe_Third Poverty Gamer Joined: Posts: 1,009
    Just dropping to say that I have successfully acquired the goods! Christmas just got a little merrier :D
  • TheRealNeoGeoTheRealNeoGeo Arcadeparts Joined: Posts: 3,150
  • AeonsAeons Joined: Posts: 94
    yea im currently using the 10 button method. it would be ideal to use the 11 button method since this is a friend's stick and not mine but he doesnt mind it not having the select since i havent seen that button used ever in fighting games. For the pc issue it works perfectly on ps3 mode. In xbox 360 mode i think it blue screened my desktop (win 7 64 bit) the first time i plugged it in lol. So i dont think ill be using xbox 360 mode for the pc.
    First of all: Merry Christmas!
    I have been busy like h*ll with Akishop as well as private with christmas and all, sorry if I kept you guys waiting.

Yep, tested the directions and buttons on my PC for both modes (xbox/ps3) and both work fine. Will update on this thread as soon as I get time to try on a different xbox, I ordered 2 ps360 so I will try out the other ps360 as well and see if the same problem happens which most likely means its my xbox.

Ok, please let us know when you can.

So the first of my two orders came in today. Planning on using some combination of the buttons for a stick that will probably be done late January~February.
    As you can tell, I've already started fiddling around with them. :)
    I was very impressed with how well-packaged the buttons were when they came in, the general swiftness of EMS shipping, and just the overall level of communication and willingness to listen to post-order requests I made when I put this down. Akihabarashop definitely has my business when I want to get authentic arcade parts in the future. :woot:
    (PS360 comes in next with even more buttons, oh boy. :lovin: )

Thank you sir, buttons look good.
    Merry Christmas!

Got my PS360's saturday, soo good!

Great to hear!

I'm still waiting on my 3 PS360s and my massive order...any luck? :)

You will get update tomorrow or on the weekend.

i still havent received an e-mail or the package yet.
    my e-mail addy is highland_assassin@yahoo.com

Still patiently waiting for the email... or the package... I've already sent 2 emails (one last week and one more today) asking for the status of my order and no word yet.

Akishop why are you so godlike?
    Got my first stick completely wired, I'll post picture of the inside in a bit, I'll start working on that TE/SE install guide for you tomorrow (I didn't want to do that first, I wanted to play around and mess around with the board first :P)
    Not much to look at for people who want help knowing how to wire it up... but I think it came out well.

Please let me know if you want help with the tutorial.

Oh happy day. Got my package. Don't know if I'm happier with the buttons or the PCB. Both are spoken for (one for me, one for a client that better pay wekk for it!), so I see another in my future.
    Now to figure out whether or not to leave he OBS-30A's as is or mix and match to get some lights in them...

Show me the final beast when you´re done ;).

I still havn't received email confirmation either. I have pm'ed you my email address. Cheers.

You keep saying that there are no holes to mount.
    There are holes where an Xbox 360 PCB would be in PlayStation 3 TE.
    But you not know that because you do not have PlayStation 3 TE.
    Laugh.

JDM....back again? Could not stay away huh? ;D.

It's ALIVE!!! Modded my ps3 te with the ps360
    I went with the 10 button method and left the start and select ground alone.
    The grey wires are falling out though but am sussing that out and you have hold that "turbo" button in a long ass time to switch modes but it makes sense.
    Got the USB cable hanging out where the turbo and home panel was till the USB harness comes in the mail. But it works. Pc mode doesn't work on pc and neither does ps3 mode. But I have windows 7 64 and it might be a driver signing issue.
    Thanks heaps for all your help LN from the nzism forums.

Seems like some get it to work on Win 7 64 and some don´t, I don´t use it so if someone can let me know what can be done about this please let me know.

PS3 and 360 mode both work for me flawlessly on PC. Running 64-bit Win7.

Do you install anything when you plug it in? It works for some and for others it doesn´t work it seems.

Got my PS360 installed for me by my local stick mod guy Souji5! Tested working on PS3 and Xbox 360. Couldn't get it to power on either system but thats a small thing I'll figure out later.
    Sorry for the Blurry cell phone pics......

That stick looks great, just like Souji5 always make em.

I want so much a tutorial for this mod, unfortunately my TE is for PS3 and I fear that there are no methods for using the buttons on the original panel.
    Anyone know if akihabara doing a detailed tutorial for your customers?

It there is no one who can make a tutorial for PS3 TE I will do it myself. Wait a little and see...

Just dropping to say that I have successfully acquired the goods! Christmas just got a little merrier :D

That is good to hear.
  • aryssoRaryssoR Joined: Posts: 11
    My order just arrived, I guess my luck is in after all, looks like Parcel Force have laid extra help on, was a guy in an unmarked van :wgrin:

Thank you Akishop, and for marking down the value, so I've escaped a customs charge kick in the balls too
    My order just arrived, I guess my luck is in after all, looks like Parcel Force have laid extra help on, was a guy in an unmarked van :wgrin:

Thank you Akishop, and for marking down the value, so I've escaped a customs charge kick in the balls too

That is great to hear, always good to avoid that kick in the....
  • Tu101ukTu101uk [ jB all day long! ] Joined: Posts: 378

I would love to echo this sentiment. I was tracking EMS like a hawk, and suddenly saw that the package made it to these shores, dodged customs and then proceeded to my house in decent time... ^_^

All stuff arrived safeky and it all looks good... ^.^ Now I just gotta figure out how to put this stuff together inside my TvC case... XD

Again, thanks Per for the awesome service... :D

O-O~
  • PaperTigrePaperTigre すごい!!!!! Joined: Posts: 2,200
    On the some people having problems with the PS3 on PC... maybe its a chipset thing? I'll need to test it on a few other PCs to check it out though.
  • FearlessFearless Joined: Posts: 407
    I have been busy like h*ll with Akishop as well as private with christmas and all, sorry if I kept you guys waiting.

I understand that you have a lot of work with all this and since the order and the other emails has been sent from my job's email account and I will not go to work until next week, can you please include a copy to fearless217@live.com.mx?

Thanks and happy holidays!
    -And then you asked: What the Hell are you!?

Well, I shall say... I'm God's left hand... Devil's right arm...
  • roxtcroxtc Joined: Posts: 245
    Hey Per,

I e-mailed you about this as well, but I suppose you're busy. After my PCB order, I made two orders of parts, but I only got the latter order of parts.
  • jdm714jdm714 Blue Blue Glass Moon Joined: Posts: 12,830

JDM....back again? Could not stay away huh? ;D.

I am not back.
    Laugh.

Just here for Secret Santa and to show pictures of this.
    17f12388.jpg
    a9e0e55f.jpg
    c7873c44.jpg
    J&J SoCal Modding: http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/113434/
    Visit J&J SoCal Modding's Blog for review of new Arcade Parts: http://jjsocalmodding.blogspot.com
  • mr.mortifiedmr.mortified A man behind a desk Joined: Posts: 3,044
    I am not back.

:(
    here i hoped you'd be back...
    follow me on twitter @mr_mortified
    I need dat twitter PSR
  • Zero106Zero106 Joined: Posts: 134
    Received 3x PS360 today . They are f***ing awesome!
    I have a quick question: can i combine TURBO + START since i'm using 9-button stick? I tried to wire it like that but PCB doesn't change mode when i'm pressing START button. So i wired LT/L2 Button as turbo and now i can change mode by pressing L2 on startup. But it is not exactly what i want.
  • tatsumakix3tatsumakix3 Joined: Posts: 35
    TURBO + START = You can't switch :(
    I've done a cool report with a lot of pics!
    HSS-0130 + All Seimitsu buttons + 2x PS360

*all parts from akihabarashop.jp

img1725l.jpg

2P Side:
    img1710r.jpg

1P Side:
    img1711j.jpg

Used D-SUB connector for each player side:
    img1712so.jpg

Same connector attached to PS360 PCB (one PCB has male connector, another pcb female):
    img1714.jpg

Lest to Right: 2x PS360 PCB, 2x D-SUB to DB-15 cables (old VGA extension cutted in the middle) will be good for NEOGEO or Supergun, original HSS-0130 Saturn PCB with 2x D-SUB
    img1716p.jpg

Layout schematics. Can make translation & description later.
    I used a bit modified NEGEO layout, so my stick can be easily used as Supergun conroller
    img1720x.jpg

PS360 with connected USB Cords
    img1721i.jpg

Modification done. *i used isolation tape on bottom PCB since bottom of stick is made from metal
    img1722or.jpg
  • OuroborusOuroborus plays 3s just to troll Joined: Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    hey per, i think you accidentally sent me the same order twice for the buttons, stick and balltops.
    ssf4ae tier list regarding Gen:

D Proto: and where is Gen?
    oORYUOo: you cannot tier what you cannot see
  • bafiaris13bafiaris13 strava tsibukia Joined: Posts: 541
    zero where did you get that stick from in russia?

klass!!!
    KOI..
    zero where did you get that stick from in russia?

klass!!!

Found it at ebay (Japanese seller)! It came to me in mint condition with original box and all inserts. Of course it was pretty pricey lol. Only EMS shipping from japan was $150. But is think it is the best stick ever available on market!
  • Fergus2k8Fergus2k8 Let's Rock! Joined: Posts: 2,642
    Any luck with the video Paper Tigre?
    SFIV - Poison/Rose/Sakura | SF5 - Karin
    TTT2 - Asuka + Julia/Jun/Miharu T7 - Asuka

Video? Who said anything about a video?
    It's been hectic with the holidays, but I should be able to get my tutorial done tonight or tomorrow... I should have instructions for a TE, and the TE-S. PS3 users seem to still be SOL about using the turbo panel without soldering...
    Video? Who said anything about a video?
    It's been hectic with the holidays, but I should be able to get my tutorial done tonight or tomorrow... I should have instructions for a TE, and the TE-S. PS3 users seem to still be SOL about using the turbo panel without soldering...

Oh I assumed it would be a video

I think I might do without turbo, don't really use it for anything so can do without it

You need turbo to switch between consoles. the Guide/home button is also there :/
  • Francys PaiFrancys Pai ☆ Resident Cynic ☆ Joined: Posts: 5,085
    You need turbo to switch between consoles. the Guide/home button is also there :/

Could you still solder to the home button on the TE pcb for...well, home button? same goes for turbo? Really want to keep the look the same without dremeling for a home button XD
    MVY. Francys Pai | Eternal Blaze - Mad Vega Yomi forever <3
    "When one looks like glass, everything else looks to be made of stone."

Art blog; Scarlet Eyed Rätsel
    You absolutely could do that.
    My guide is running under the assumption that you have zero tools, only re-using the existing parts.
    You absolutely could do that.
    My guide is running under the assumption that you have zero tools, only re-using the existing parts.

Shibby. Haven't looked at the underside of a TE PCB in a while. Time to crack it all open in prep for when my PCB arrives.

Everybody should have gotten an e-mail about their pcb order, get back to me if you have not gotten any.
    Also, I am VERY sorry for the PCB order Shadaloo, I will contact you tomorrow as I wrote in the e-mail. This will be the last time we will do pre-orders + parts orders together because some people want something changed, some want a color changed and some want more and some want less et.c (don´t mean you Shadaloo) and that made everything take so damn long and messed everything up.

I would love to echo this sentiment. I was tracking EMS like a hawk, and suddenly saw that the package made it to these shores, dodged customs and then proceeded to my house in decent time... ^_^
    All stuff arrived safeky and it all looks good... ^.^ Now I just gotta figure out how to put this stuff together inside my TvC case... XD
    Again, thanks Per for the awesome service... :D
    O-O~

That is great to hear.

On the some people having problems with the PS3 on PC... maybe its a chipset thing? I'll need to test it on a few other PCs to check it out though.

I don´t have enough computers to test on but it could be this, yes.

I understand that you have a lot of work with all this and since the order and the other emails has been sent from my job's email account and I will not go to work until next week, can you please include a copy to fearless217@live.com.mx?
    Thanks and happy holidays!

Please send a new e-mail with your name and address if you have not gotten a e-mail update and I will fill you in.

Hey Per,
    I e-mailed you about this as well, but I suppose you're busy. After my PCB order, I made two orders of parts, but I only got the latter order of parts.

It will go out this week, around Thursday.

I am not back.
    Laugh.

Just here for Secret Santa and to show pictures of this.

Oh ok, great pics btw ;).

Thanks for all the nice pictures, looks great!

hey per, i think you accidentally sent me the same order twice for the buttons, stick and balltops.

Keep it. Happy New Year.
  • eperelezeperelez VAS-HG FTW! Joined: Posts: 1,443

2P Side:

1P Side:

Used D-SUB connector for each player side:

Same connector attached to PS360 PCB (one PCB has male connector, another pcb female):

Lest to Right: 2x PS360 PCB, 2x D-SUB to DB-15 cables (old VGA extension cutted in the middle) will be good for NEOGEO or Supergun, original HSS-0130 Saturn PCB with 2x D-SUB

Layout schematics. Can make translation & description later.
    I used a bit modified NEGEO layout, so my stick can be easily used as Supergun conroller

PS360 with connected USB Cords

Modification done. *i used isolation tape on bottom PCB since bottom of stick is made from metal
    Wow, that is beautiful work! :lovin:
    I have never been able to try this awesome stick yet...maybe one day...:sad:
    "Namco Stick Are #1 In The World, No Doubt There As I Meus King Of Namco Sticks Who Conquer 50 Of This Stick And Sold 40 To My Follow Srk Members And Has 10 in His Home.
    Namco Stick's Are For Live Baby."
    --meus

HeatWare=eperelez http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=84368
    Wow, that is beautiful work! :lovin:
    I have never been able to try this awesome stick yet...maybe one day...:sad:

Thanks for your kind words. You are welcome to be my guest so you can play that stick all day long =)
    Everybody should have gotten an e-mail about their pcb order, get back to me if you have not gotten any.

Is this only for people with tracking numbers?

Is this only for people with tracking numbers?

Yes. Like it says on the front page of Akishop all Airmail orders are sent also so everything is sent, just EMS orders get e-mail with tracking.
  • Jamin3131Jamin3131 Modding Enthusiast Joined: Posts: 1,187
    I FINALLY got my confirmation email and tracking number :)

Quick question. I know most ppl are trying to find solderless solution for the turbo/home buttons on the TE, but if I wanted to solder onto the traces on the daughter board for turbo/Home I can right? I thought I saw a thread/guide on here that said it was possible.
    Find me at A&C Games in Toronto Mondays and Wednesdays

• CptMuntaCptMunta 3 Green Bars Joined: Posts: 1,207
    Ok PS3 Mode and works on my PC now. Comes up as "Arcade Stick" :) The Key? Switch to the mode you want then plug it back into the pc. If you are trying to switch mode while it's plugged in Windows can't find the drivers and it comes up as an unrecognized device.

So to switch modes on PC if you are having issues.
    Plug it in holding Turbo (Home for the 10 button)
    Will show up as "Unrecognized USB device"
    Unplug
    Plug back in holding nothing and it'll work right as rain :)
    Pretty simple but easy to overlook.

I could type out a tutorial for 10 button mode for people modding their PS3 TE sticks and add some pics too. The pics won't be "As I go" since I've already done the mod. I'll juat be showing were to cut etc. Looking back it's pretty simple when you know what you are doing.

I know you could in theory solder and wire the buttons. But I am not going to Solder wires onto the PS3 TE PCB without knowing what I am doing. People could supplement it the tutorial if they wanted.
  • OuroborusOuroborus plays 3s just to troll Joined: Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    my fully customized Hori VLX. dual modded with all seimitsu parts. ls-56-01, ps-14-g, ps-14-dn clear, ps360 board.

1225000132.jpg
    1228000136.jpg
    1228000136a.jpg
    1228000136b.jpg
    1215000452.jpg

everything works fine except the L2 terminal which snapped off. I could solder it back, but I prefer having 6 buttons over 8.

Keep it. Happy New Year.

oh man, i don't know what to say but thank you so much. happy new years.
    ssf4ae tier list regarding Gen:

D Proto: and where is Gen?
    oORYUOo: you cannot tier what you cannot see
    I FINALLY got my confirmation email and tracking number :)

Quick question. I know most ppl are trying to find solderless solution for the turbo/home buttons on the TE, but if I wanted to solder onto the traces on the daughter board for turbo/Home I can right? I thought I saw a thread/guide on here that said it was possible.

Great.
    I don´t know the answer to the questions because I do not have a PS3 TE, but I am sure some bloke will show up with the answer for you.

Ok PS3 Mode and works on my PC now. Comes up as "Arcade Stick" :) The Key? Switch to the mode you want then plug it back into the pc. If you are trying to switch mode while it's plugged in Windows can't find the drivers and it comes up as an unrecognized device.

So to switch modes on PC if you are having issues.
    Plug it in holding Turbo (Home for the 10 button)
    Will show up as "Unrecognized USB device"
    Unplug
    Plug back in holding nothing and it'll work right as rain :)
    Pretty simple but easy to overlook.

I could type out a tutorial for 10 button mode for people modding their PS3 TE sticks and add some pics too. The pics won't be "As I go" since I've already done the mod. I'll juat be showing were to cut etc. Looking back it's pretty simple when you know what you are doing.

I know you could in theory solder and wire the buttons. But I am not going to Solder wires onto the PS3 TE PCB without knowing what I am doing. People could supplement it the tutorial if they wanted.

That might help a few people, thanks!

my fully customized Hori VLX. dual modded with all seimitsu parts. ls-56-01, ps-14-g, ps-14-dn clear, ps360 board.
    everything works fine except the L2 terminal which snapped off. I could solder it back, but I prefer having 6 buttons over 8.

Oh man, i don't know what to say but thank you so much. happy new years.

Very nice pics! Always nice to see :). Don´t worry about the parts, maybe you can use them in another stick in the future ;).
  • madveksmadveks Joined: Posts: 68
    Hey guys. i ordered a PS360 and own a PS3 TE slim. I have been watching this thread with great interest and was wondering if anyone can verify that i can have turbo combined with the guide/home like the ps360 PDF states and have it work. I don't mind cutting out the turbo and home buttons and using the 10 button method. just wanted to verify that the layout works as shown in the pdf. also i know the ps360 comes with a 4pin connector but the PS3 TE usb cable comes with what i think are 2 ground wires. how is this handled? is one wire disregarded? finally if anyone can post up pics of how they used the ribbon cable to keep their turbo and home buttons separate for the 12 button method please post them up for those of us in need. thanks for taking the time in advance.
    What buttons can I not use anymore if I go with the 10 button layout?

It's just the turbo and select right? I still can use the home button for XMB/Guide?

• wazwuzwazwuz Golden Fanta & Crown Project Joined: Posts: 376
    when I can order P360 Board? because I don't see it @ akibaharaShop anymore :(I want to put it in all of my arcade stick that I will build ;)
    ArcadeStick-Indonesia.com
  • GeorgeCGeorgeC Joined: Posts: 2,850
    Since Per/RealNeoGeo asked a while back, here are the stick bases that my last parts order from Akihabarashop.jp ended up in ---

ArcanaPink.jpg
    My second Arcana Heart 2 stick is finally finished after many months sitting with no Start and Select Buttons!
    Yep, those are Pink PS-14-D push-in buttons! All because Sanwa can't seem to stomach 24mm pink buttons!

LS40Mickey.jpg
    My LS-40-01 joystick ended up in this stick base. It's a temporary base since I haven't made up my mind IF I'm going to get a replacement faceplate (from Art Hong) for a T5 base's ruined faceplate! This is NOT the final stick but a temporary working one. It's actually my Universal Joystick with an MC Cthulu. Mickey's faceplate will retain the LS-40-01 when I eventually move him onto his permanent home.

HRAP3SE.jpg
    This is the BIG one! For many months, my HRAP 3 SE (which I bought from Akihabarashop last year!) didn't have 30mm buttons. I removed the original buttons plus the Seimitsu ball handle and sold them on SRK. I replaced the original handle with a Sanwa red ball handle. Stick already has modded JLF-CD shaft/cover from a mod last year to protect the LS-32-01 shaft. Shame Seimitsu still doesn't produce its own shaft covers for this joystick!!! Anyhow, I bought eight PS-15's from Aki to fill in those 30mm button holes. Took a day of breaking the buttons in, but they're really almost as comfortable as the Sanwas... The plastic 'feels harder' and I did get some finger muscle strain(!) on the first time playing with the new 30mm's but it's all good now. I think the more convex plunger shape looks better than the PS-14-G's flatter plungers. I'm definitely liking the look of this stick and am glad I stuck to mostly Seimitsu parts. The 24mm Start and Select are actually Sanwa's with plungers switched with another pair of 24mm Sanwas. Great looking stick all-around.

HRAP3SACousin.jpg
    Just because I prefer my 3SE a bit more doesn't mean I don't show a bit of love towards my HRAP 3 SA... It's just that the stock HRAP 3 SA has such a..... generic look. I fixed that by replacing most of the OEM White Sanwa buttons with different colored Sanwas that had black rims to emulate the HRAP 3 SE look. It's more of a cousin, really, since the 24mm's and rightmost 30mm's are different colors than the same button positions on the 3SE. The six black-rimmed reds were bought from Akihabarashop.jp... None of the domestic vendors in the US had these buttons in stock at the time I ordered them.
    The remaining buttons are spares from my "button collection".
    The joystick is an LS-32-01 I obtained in a JLF swap with another SRK member. I, of course, modded another JLF-CD shaft/dust cover set to protect the -32 shaft.

So that's my pre-Christmas gift to myself!

Thank goodness there are great international parts vendors like Akihabarashop.jp because the situation in most countries with respect to joystick parts isn't that good...
  • VietGeekVietGeek Joined: Posts: 250
    Despite how off-putting it may be to others, the S!AH2 stick really looks nice with that balltop and button combination (it's almost cute). Too bad it has that Hori layout + AH button layout: which equals = odd.

You would think it would be okay to use an Astrocity layout on a game that probably ran on an Astro cab anyway?