** Akihabarashop.jp is now OPEN **

Comments

• torcidtorcid Joined: Posts: 32
    edited August 2015
    v2.10 fixed the high input lag on 360. There is a comparison in this video which shows the problem

The Hori Real Arcade Pro VX-SA PCB has no input lag at all(0 ms). So it's the reference for all PCB's.

http://www.teyah.net/sticklag/results.html

The Akishop PCB had almost 16ms lag. So they fixed it with a new hardware revision.

• TebboTebbo Play. Joined: Posts: 5,638
    Thanks a lot guys. I did notice that but wasn't sure if that was the only correction.
    Play more.
  • TeyahTeyah Return of the Dragon Joined: Posts: 1,125
    edited August 2015
    Yeah the VX-SA is +0 ms, meaning no extra lag relative to the fastest stick (itself).

Also the biggest problem on the pre 2.10 PS360+ is the split-inputs issue that Four Wude identified awhile back. When used on Xbox 360 (and only on 360), if you press two buttons at the same time, occasionally the older model PCB would read one before the other and you'd only get one of them at a time. So things like focus attack could turn into St.MP/MK, throws into St.LP/LK, etc.

This, along with most of the extra lag, was fixed in the v2.10 revision.
    I see in frames IRL
    edited August 2015
    @Phreakazoid
    That`s true. No input lag at all is impossible. Thanks for the correction!

Teyah wrote: »
    This, along with most of the extra lag, was fixed in the v2.10 revision.

How many ms is the aktuell extra lag on 360?

• BetaWolfBetaWolf Eternal Lurker Joined: Posts: 168
    The extra lag was reported to be one frame (about 16 2/3 ms) intermittently.
    edited August 2015
    sry didn't see it was added in the list. about 7 ms. So less than half of what it was before. Nice
  • opt2notopt2not Joined: Posts: 44
    Has anyone here been able to get their PS360+ working with the Sega Saturn?

I've been trying to get mine working, but for some reason I'm having problems.
    I own three PS360+'s (ver. 2.1), I've managed to get one out of the three to work, but I'm getting strange results for all of them.

The firmware on all three units have been updated with 1.66-Saturn version. I press P2 and P3 buttons to Force Saturn mode when connecting to my Saturn.

The firmware guide says that I need to attach a wire from Guide to Pin-6 of the RJ45 Alternate pin to get it to work properly. But the one that works with the Saturn works without this wire. *shrug* I don't know why it works without the wire, but all buttons and directions work fine.

The other 2 units are giving me additional strange results. The Saturn only recognizes them when the Guide-to-Pin-6 wire is installed, but on both units, all the buttons signals are being triggered with the joystick movement. For example, when I hit Right on the joystick it also presses the Start button at the same time. Up seems to press the C button at the same time, and so forth with the other directions.
    But the Start button (or any of the buttons) doesn't work by themselves. This is strange because I'm using the same Saturn-RJ45 cable for the working PS360+ (the one without Guide-to-Pin-6 wire).

I haven't been able to find any information on the internet about this problem, so I'm wondering if either people haven't been trying to use this with the Saturn, or somehow I messed up this install. Which is strange because I've verified all my wiring, including the connections for the Saturn-RJ45 cable I made.

Any information would be appreciated.
    ^ Bump for the above. Has anyone got this working on Saturn?
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 20,932
    opt2not wrote: »

We are discouraged from Bumping threads in Tech Talk. The mods don't like when we do this.
    If no one answered you, ether they don't know and/or don't have a answer for you.

I personally haven't messed with the Saturn compatibility on the PS360+ so I can't offer any insight.
    My Go-to PCB for the Saturn has been the MC Cthulhu which for Retro consoles has a better track record than the PS360+.
    Remember when Nintendo had an entire series that revolved around a character who used an arm-cannon for like everything?
    Pepperidge Farm remembers.
    Darksakul wrote: »

We are discouraged from Bumping threads in Tech Talk. The mods don't like when we do this.
    If no one answered you, ether they don't know and/or don't have a answer for you.

I personally haven't messed with the Saturn compatibility on the PS360+ so I can't offer any insight.
    My Go-to PCB for the Saturn has been the MC Cthulhu which for Retro consoles has a better track record than the PS360+.

Oh sorry, didn't know bumping threads in TT was a frowned upon. I did let it sit for 7-days... but oh well.

I've been in talks with Akishop and I've tried a few things they suggested without any progress. The next thing I'm going to try is finding a broken saturn pad for just the cable (instead of using an extension cable crimped to an RJ45), and see if that makes any difference. Akishop thinks it's the cable I used -- and yes I've checked all my connections with a multimeter set to Continuity mode.
    If the same thing happens, I'll just have to resort to getting a PS2-to-Saturn converter and be done with it.
    Darksakul wrote: »

Oh sorry, didn't know bumping threads in TT was a frowned upon. I did let it sit for 7-days... but oh well.

I've been in talks with Akishop and I've tried a few things they suggested without any progress. The next thing I'm going to try is finding a broken saturn pad for just the cable (instead of using an extension cable crimped to an RJ45), and see if that makes any difference. Akishop thinks it's the cable I used -- and yes I've checked all my connections with a multimeter set to Continuity mode.
    If the same thing happens, I'll just have to resort to getting a PS2-to-Saturn converter and be done with it.

Well For the most part, post like this I think the mods might let slide as it been a few days.
    Also if you start a thread that has a guide or work log or something of that effect you are ok
    Remember when Nintendo had an entire series that revolved around a character who used an arm-cannon for like everything?
  • Zero106Zero106 Joined: Posts: 134
    edited October 2015
    Grimspoon wrote: »
    Please please please make L2+Start=Select & R2+Start=Home
    It would be very helpful for for all who use HSS-0130 & arcade panels/sticks without select button

I have a HSS-0130 project incoming and I'd love to see this feature on these boards!

4 years passed but I still need L2+Start=Select & R2+Start=Home feature. Hope it would be done one day or another
  • studtrooperstudtrooper Super Turbo Joined: Posts: 3,091
    Are PS360+s ever going to come back in stock?
    ST/HDR: Honda/Rog/O.Hawk | USF4: Bison | SFV: Ryu :(
    XBL: mr x64 | PSN: deadpool_zero | SFV: epistaxis64
    GGPO/Fightcade: x64
  • QancerQancer Joined: Posts: 252
    I heard they are working on a new PCB. I hope we get an update about it!
    What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?
  • Lemony VengeanceLemony Vengeance JAMMA pad hacker Extraordinaire Joined: Posts: 463
    Zero106 wrote: »
    It would be very helpful for for all who use HSS-0130 & arcade panels/sticks without select button

I have a HSS-0130 project incoming and I'd love to see this feature on these boards!

4 years passed but I still need L2+Start=Select & R2+Start=Home feature. Hope it would be done one day or another

This is possible with diodes, you know ;)
    MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Santa Hatz 4 lyfe!
    Ask me about my Consolized Naomi!
    Qancer wrote: »

Like a completely new PCB, replacing the old one? or just an Add-on card?
  • Lemony VengeanceLemony Vengeance JAMMA pad hacker Extraordinaire Joined: Posts: 463

Like I said before, I'm waiting for the VMU add on card they teased years ago.

I'll believe the add on PCB when I see it.
    MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Santa Hatz 4 lyfe!
    Ask me about my Consolized Naomi!
  • HalfCentHalfCent Joined: Posts: 32
    Zero106 wrote: »

This is possible with diodes, you know ;)

Yeah, but it's still disappointing that originally there were mentions about plans to open source the firmware so people could customize, but it never happened :(

Yeah I'm waiting on that one too. It took them a while to get even older console support, but it finally came. I'm hoping the VMU and this mystery add-on board is just taking long to be released and not just abandoned.
  • QancerQancer Joined: Posts: 252

Yeah I'm waiting on that one too. It took them a while to get even older console support, but it finally came. I'm hoping the VMU and this mystery add-on board is just taking long to be released and not just abandoned.

yea they tweeted a "possible" additional PCB... i hope they come out something with ps4 support...

What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?
  • gekkekoegekkekoe Joined: Posts: 42
    They should just work together with brook and use their ps4 BT implementation.
  • jaquiojaquio Joined: Posts: 241
    Question, who or what is "Ocean Boueki", named as the packages sender?
  • undead_bonsaitreeundead_bonsaitree Joined: Posts: 9
    How can I tell different hardware revisions of the ps360+ apart? I got mine from a friend
  • VickoVicko Vegas Modder Extraordinaire! Joined: Posts: 2,829
    There is a version number printed on the bottom of the pcb
    SRK Tech Talk Member of the Year 2015
    Need a stick modded? I can dual mod, repair, and customize your stick or Hitbox for PS4/PS3/XB1/360

www.vickomods.com
    lol
  • undead_bonsaitreeundead_bonsaitree Joined: Posts: 9
    Thank you. For the buttons answer too
  • Pablo_the_MexPablo_the_Mex Blond Kanye Status Joined: Posts: 8,069
    Sorry for the dumb question, but can we get older PS360+ pcbs updated to version 2.1? The website only has firmware for 1.66. If I am way off on how this is supposed to work please let me know.

the PCB is 2.1, not the firmware
    1.66 is the latest
    Need a stick modded? I can dual mod, repair, and customize your stick or Hitbox for PS4/PS3/XB1/360

www.vickomods.com
    lol
  • Pablo_the_MexPablo_the_Mex Blond Kanye Status Joined: Posts: 8,069
    edited November 2015
    Vicko wrote: »
    the PCB is 2.1, not the firmware
    1.66 is the latest

Thanks for the clarification. So I should just buy new pcbs?

that's entirely up to you

www.vickomods.com
    lol
  • Darklightjg1Darklightjg1 Dr. SuessLight Joined: Posts: 3,573
    Well, do they plan on releasing any improved pcbs any time soon... like without the 8 minute timeout? If that's the case, then I would hold out a little bit longer.
    My twitch channel (Action, Platformers, RPGs and Fighting games): twitch.tv/darklightjg1

My Sonic hack (shameless plug): http://sonicresearch.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=3938
    They haven't announced anything

www.vickomods.com
    lol
    Holding out for PS360+ ? LOL. Sorry folks but the PS360+ does not have a great track record for timely releases.
    I am still waiting for there Dreamcast VMU support that turned out to be vaporware.
  • IbokiIboki Joined: Posts: 205
    So having read a few pages prior, how quick are they to ship now? I ordered a couple things from them a few days ago. If they're going to take weeks to ship I'll stop holding my breath (I paid for EMS).
  • wazwuzwazwuz Golden Fanta Project Joined: Posts: 288
    Iboki wrote: »
    So having read a few pages prior, how quick are they to ship now? I ordered a couple things from them a few days ago. If they're going to take weeks to ship I'll stop holding my breath (I paid for EMS).

It took 10days or almost two weeks usually.
    ArcadeStick-Indonesia.com
  • GoodpartGoodpart Joined: Posts: 187
    Site seems to be down, though Akishop Customs is still online... Any clue about what's going on?
  • IbokiIboki Joined: Posts: 205
    It's moving to a new server
  • SUGATASUGATA Joined: Posts: 12
    Hitboxarcade.com is recieving pre-orders on NEW PS4/PS4/PC Hitbox with native support:
    http://www.hitboxarcade.com/blogs/news/77534529-ps4-hit-box-now-accepting-pre-orders

It seems that they are using this Brook pcb:
    http://www.paradisearcadeshop.com/fgc-console-joystick/1630-brook-ps3ps4-fighting-board.html

Akishop, any news from you about your new pcb or attachment for native PS4 support?
    SUGATA wrote: »
    Hitboxarcade.com is recieving pre-orders on NEW PS4/PS4/PC Hitbox with native support:
    http://www.hitboxarcade.com/blogs/news/77534529-ps4-hit-box-now-accepting-pre-orders

http://www.paradisearcadeshop.com/fgc-console-joystick/1630-brook-ps3ps4-fighting-board.html

Akishop, any news from you about your new pcb or attachment for native PS4 support?

Do you have a source on them using the Brook PCB?

www.vickomods.com
    lol
  • JohnGrimmJohnGrimm A.K.A. JohnXuandou Joined: Posts: 4,296

I can tell you right now we aren't. Probably similar technology, but not the same board.
    You lack devotion! Enduring hunger and poverty is how you find the way!
  • BolSadguyBolSadguy Just a Bol of Sadguys Joined: Posts: 1,417
    Anyone have any experience ordering from Canada? I put some stuff in my cart to see how much it would cost me, and even after converting from yen to canadian dollars and factoring in my provincial tax, it still seemed too good to be true. Should I worry about duties or something?
  • GOGO.ZippyGOGO.Zippy Joined: Posts: 1,002

Akishop is now on stock.

https://www.akishop.jp/pcbs-accessories/331-ps3ps4-fighting-board.html
  • BolSadguyBolSadguy Just a Bol of Sadguys Joined: Posts: 1,417
    Just put in an order for a balltop and JLF CD-C. I don't know why I didn't order from here before; the Yen to Canadian Dollar conversion just kicks USD to CAD's ass.
  • SwappageSwappage Joined: Posts: 7
    i was planning to order some sanwa parts for my projects, prices are interesting, does anyone know about customs fees to Europe?

• DubonDubon Joined: Posts: 412
    I think it depends on where in Europe you are. Im in Belgium and i once ordered a watch from Japan. Customs added like 70%.. Wont be doing that again.
  • SwappageSwappage Joined: Posts: 7
    edited December 2015
    I'm from Italy.

the problem is that in Europe, and especially in Italy it's really hard to find good deals when it comes to arcade parts.

probably just because arcades are pretty much dead in Europe while still exists and have a scene in Japan.
  • DubonDubon Joined: Posts: 412
    Hey maybe customs are less nasty in Italy. Worth a shot i guess..
  • NCK_FeroceNCK_Feroce Left behind Joined: Posts: 2,517
    Swappage wrote: »
    I'm from Italy.

the problem is that in Europe, and especially in Italy it's really hard to find good deals when it comes to arcade parts.

probably just because arcades are pretty much dead in Europe while still exists and have a scene in Japan.

I'm Italian too. You could have custom fees if you do very big orders with big packages you can find them, but isn't 100% sure. I've done many orders from Akishop, I've found the custom fees just once and the package wasn't even that big (just a Seimitsu lever+2 buttons). I've done orders for 10 players in once without having custom fees. In Europe you can check arcadeworlduk.com also and go with akishop for items hard to find here.

Hope that helps.
  • João_JotãoJoão_Jotão Joined: Posts: 3
    edited December 2015
    Dubon wrote: »
    Hey maybe customs are less nasty in Italy. Worth a shot i guess..

I traveled to Europe last week and surveyed customs rates for the continent, it won´t be over 25%, that´s the swedish customs rate and it´s the higest one.

Waaaaaay better than brazilian customs (60% federal + 12-18% state + 14BRL (~$4.50) postal service flat rate).

Whenever a friend or my brother-in-law is in America and coming to Brazil, I send something to them to run away from customs.

Akishop ships everything in exactly one week, so keep that in mind when you choose the shipping method.
  • LabanLaban KOF98 Player Joined: Posts: 2,551
    @TheRealNeoGeo I placed an order on February 11th; what is the current status of my order? My order reference is DXSFEQNGX. Thank you in advanced.