** Akihabarashop.jp is now OPEN **

Comments

• TheRealNeoGeoTheRealNeoGeo Arcadeparts Joined: Posts: 3,150
    Hey guys. i ordered a PS360 and own a PS3 TE slim. I have been watching this thread with great interest and was wondering if anyone can verify that i can have turbo combined with the guide/home like the ps360 PDF states and have it work. I don't mind cutting out the turbo and home buttons and using the 10 button method. just wanted to verify that the layout works as shown in the pdf. also i know the ps360 comes with a 4pin connector but the PS3 TE usb cable comes with what i think are 2 ground wires. how is this handled? is one wire disregarded? finally if anyone can post up pics of how they used the ribbon cable to keep their turbo and home buttons separate for the 12 button method please post them up for those of us in need. thanks for taking the time in advance.
    What buttons can I not use anymore if I go with the 10 button layout?

It's just the turbo and select right? I still can use the home button for XMB/Guide?

Wait until someone posts a good tutorial (any say now I think), it will answer all these questions.

when I can order P360 Board? because I don't see it @ akibaharaShop anymore :(I want to put it in all of my arcade stick that I will build ;)

After New Year maybe, we don´t have many left actually...

Since Per/RealNeoGeo asked a while back, here are the stick bases that my last parts order from Akihabarashop.jp ended up in ---

My second Arcana Heart 2 stick is finally finished after many months sitting with no Start and Select Buttons!
    Yep, those are Pink PS-14-D push-in buttons! All because Sanwa can't seem to stomach 24mm pink buttons!

My LS-40-01 joystick ended up in this stick base. It's a temporary base since I haven't made up my mind IF I'm going to get a replacement faceplate (from Art Hong) for a T5 base's ruined faceplate! This is NOT the final stick but a temporary working one. It's actually my Universal Joystick with an MC Cthulu. Mickey's faceplate will retain the LS-40-01 when I eventually move him onto his permanent home.

This is the BIG one! For many months, my HRAP 3 SE (which I bought from Akihabarashop last year!) didn't have 30mm buttons. I removed the original buttons plus the Seimitsu ball handle and sold them on SRK. I replaced the original handle with a Sanwa red ball handle. Stick already has modded JLF-CD shaft/cover from a mod last year to protect the LS-32-01 shaft. Shame Seimitsu still doesn't produce its own shaft covers for this joystick!!! Anyhow, I bought eight PS-15's from Aki to fill in those 30mm button holes. Took a day of breaking the buttons in, but they're really almost as comfortable as the Sanwas... The plastic 'feels harder' and I did get some finger muscle strain(!) on the first time playing with the new 30mm's but it's all good now. I think the more convex plunger shape looks better than the PS-14-G's flatter plungers. I'm definitely liking the look of this stick and am glad I stuck to mostly Seimitsu parts. The 24mm Start and Select are actually Sanwa's with plungers switched with another pair of 24mm Sanwas. Great looking stick all-around.

Just because I prefer my 3SE a bit more doesn't mean I don't show a bit of love towards my HRAP 3 SA... It's just that the stock HRAP 3 SA has such a..... generic look. I fixed that by replacing most of the OEM White Sanwa buttons with different colored Sanwas that had black rims to emulate the HRAP 3 SE look. It's more of a cousin, really, since the 24mm's and rightmost 30mm's are different colors than the same button positions on the 3SE. The six black-rimmed reds were bought from Akihabarashop.jp... None of the domestic vendors in the US had these buttons in stock at the time I ordered them.
    The remaining buttons are spares from my "button collection".
    The joystick is an LS-32-01 I obtained in a JLF swap with another SRK member. I, of course, modded another JLF-CD shaft/dust cover set to protect the -32 shaft.

So that's my pre-Christmas gift to myself!

Thank goodness there are great international parts vendors like Akihabarashop.jp because the situation in most countries with respect to joystick parts isn't that good...

Thank you for all these pics! I really want to mod/build sticks right now...
  • rtdzignrtdzign Joined: Posts: 5,176
    Hi Per,

I was wondering if it was possible at all to obtain this Engrish Panel Marquee for the AE SSF4.

Shoryuken - Lean Back, Down, Unguirdable! Chuse and Attack!
    scaledphptn0server619fi.jpg
    Hi Per,

I was wondering if it was possible at all to obtain this Engrish Panel Marquee for the AE SSF4.

Shoryuken - Lean Back, Down, Unguirdable! Chuse and Attack!

I will ask after new year ^_^.
    CAN CANCEL ATTACK BY SAVING MAKE YOUR COMB! <- I LOVE.
  • GeorgeCGeorgeC Joined: Posts: 2,850
    Despite how off-putting it may be to others, the S!AH2 stick really looks nice with that balltop and button combination (it's almost cute). Too bad it has that Hori layout + AH button layout: which equals = odd.

You would think it would be okay to use an Astrocity layout on a game that probably ran on an Astro cab anyway?

I didn't let the cuteness bother me at all!

I KEPT the character art, desoldered the awful Hori buttons, ground the tabs off the faceplate with a Dremel, installed QD lines to the PCB which I crossed into a normal button configuration, and attached it all to replacement Sanwa buttons. My first mod was a strict attempt to duplicate the look of the original Hori configuration so all the colors are the same except for the pink meshball...! I also installed double JLF springs.

What I took a picture of was my second customization. I went with a predominant blue theme and the JLF has a blue meshball handle. I couldn't get pink 24mm's from Sanwa so I went with 24mm plug-in Seimitsus in the color I wanted.

I unfortunately wrecked the AH2 PCB on my second AH2 stick and swapped a T5 PCB in its place.

In a roundabout way of thinking, I modded that second AH2 cabinet for an MC Cthulu and RJ-45 passthrough. I put the remaining AH2 hardware -- faceplate, baseplate, and screws -- into a T5 base that had sprayed white. Crossplant trauma!

Last mod done to my AH2's was to install Art Hong plexi's to protect the faceplate art. T5/HRAP 1 plexis align perfectly with the faceplate.

I've seen all three Arcana Heart joysticks. The second is by far the best looking of the lot!
  • Tu101ukTu101uk [ jB all day long! ] Joined: Posts: 378
    Hey guys and gals. Just installed the PS360 PCB in my hollowed-out TvC FightStick using the 10-button method, with the Select Button as the Turbo as well (I covered up the turbo panel using my custom Arcana Heart 3 artwork ^_^) and the PCB works 100% great (I'm loving the LS-32-01 stick and Seimitsu buttons that were sent with them too :D)...

...my only problem now is that I somehow managed to push the Start button's pin connector thing through the circuit board while I was rewiring the damn thing and it's come right off... =.= I've currently got it where Select is now Start, and I have no Select/Turbo button to speak of... >.< Looks like I need to get meself another TvC FightStick and replace the Start/Select circuit board panel thingy (which isn't so bad, I can get a TvC stick for cheap now, £20 on Play.com, plus it'll be a spare case for backup... XD)...

Anyways, the main point is that the PCB is just awesome, and when I get the appropriate replacement part, I should be able to provide pics of quite possibly the most poverty custom job in existence... XD

Again, thanks for all the stuff, Per... :D A pleasure doing business with you, mate...

O-O~

EDIT - Here's a blurry mobile phone photo of the stick in question... XD
  • EvelgestEvelgest set the lab on fire. Joined: Posts: 1,385
    Hmm, I wired a PS360 today, but I get no response when I plug it into my 360. However, my computer immediately read both 360 and PS3/PC modes upon inserting the USB. Any ideas what's going on here? I guess I'll upload a pic of the wiring later today.
    Much thanks.

Edit: I just tested it on my PC as a 360 controller. Everything seems to function properly, but still no go on the 360 itself.

*Update* I swapped the wired PS360 for my second one. And guess what, it works on the 360. Not sure what's up with the first one though.
    Balrog. Makoto. Dekappa.

OH UMEHARA-SAMA
    TEACH ME GUILE-SAN ARIGATO
    ~ mzenken
  • X FAct0RX FAct0R Joined: Posts: 186
    Video? Who said anything about a video?
    It's been hectic with the holidays, but I should be able to get my tutorial done tonight or tomorrow... I should have instructions for a TE, and the TE-S. PS3 users seem to still be SOL about using the turbo panel without soldering...

Hey,

Just curious if you had a chance to finish up your installation guide? I just got my PS360 today and am looking forward to attempting to get it hooked up in the next week or so however I have very little experience with this sort of thing.

Also thanks for doing this... I think I speak for all stick modding noobies in the community when I say we certainly appreciate it.
    -= AH3 Bring the Hype =-
    Arcana Heart 3 - [Tsuzura Saki/Petra Johanna Lagerkvist]
    Marvel 3 - [Logan/Trish/Akuma]
    MK - [TBD] SSFIV - [Rose/Fei]
  • wazwuzwazwuz Golden Fanta & Crown Project Joined: Posts: 376

After New Year maybe, we don´t have many left actually...

great, can't wait for it. could u tell me about the price?
    ArcadeStick-Indonesia.com
    Hey guys and gals. Just installed the PS360 PCB in my hollowed-out TvC FightStick using the 10-button method, with the Select Button as the Turbo as well (I covered up the turbo panel using my custom Arcana Heart 3 artwork ^_^) and the PCB works 100% great (I'm loving the LS-32-01 stick and Seimitsu buttons that were sent with them too :D)...

...my only problem now is that I somehow managed to push the Start button's pin connector thing through the circuit board while I was rewiring the damn thing and it's come right off... =.= I've currently got it where Select is now Start, and I have no Select/Turbo button to speak of... >.< Looks like I need to get meself another TvC FightStick and replace the Start/Select circuit board panel thingy (which isn't so bad, I can get a TvC stick for cheap now, £20 on Play.com, plus it'll be a spare case for backup... XD)...

Anyways, the main point is that the PCB is just awesome, and when I get the appropriate replacement part, I should be able to provide pics of quite possibly the most poverty custom job in existence... XD

Again, thanks for all the stuff, Per... :D A pleasure doing business with you, mate...

O-O~

EDIT - Here's a blurry mobile phone photo of the stick in question... XD

Sounds great, good thing TvC sticks re cheap so you can fix it. If you have the time in the future please post a picture of the insides ;).

Hmm, I wired a PS360 today, but I get no response when I plug it into my 360. However, my computer immediately read both 360 and PS3/PC modes upon inserting the USB. Any ideas what's going on here? I guess I'll upload a pic of the wiring later today.
    Much thanks.

Edit: I just tested it on my PC as a 360 controller. Everything seems to function properly, but still no go on the 360 itself.

*Update* I swapped the wired PS360 for my second one. And guess what, it works on the 360. Not sure what's up with the first one though.

If the first PCB still don´t function correctly on 360 please let me know by sending an e-mail or PM and I will try to help you.

great, can't wait for it. could u tell me about the price?

No price yet, please wait until we have it up again.
  • bafiaris13bafiaris13 strava tsibukia Joined: Posts: 541
    hey Per any info about the short usb cables i asked you?
    KOI..
    hey Per any info about the short usb cables i asked you?

It will come next month so will send you some then.
  • RoyalFlushTZRoyalFlushTZ *Not a Ryu cosplayer! Joined: Posts: 1,451
    Much thanks.

Are you holding down the Turbo while you're plugging it in to the 360 console? Holding down Turbo will allow the PCB to be detected by the 360 or PS3 respectively.
    Thor/M.O.D.O.K/Viewtiful Joe
    Long live the Mighty THODOK! I do stick mods, too!
    youtube.com/RoyalFlush for TvC:UAS and T5DR vids
  • CptMuntaCptMunta 3 Green Bars Joined: Posts: 1,207
    For the PS3 te mod you just wire the two Ground from the USB cable together. I took some photos and will post em up soon. Mind you only for the 10 button method.
  • fokkusuhaundofokkusuhaundo Joined: Posts: 695
    Hey Per, sorry to bother you but have you shipped all of the orders that don't include the PS360 PCB?

I'm asking because I made my order for buttons and a ball top over a month ago on Nov. 25th, however due to an error with the website, the order made a charge to my Paypal but was not later listed under my order history.

I sent a pm and an e-mail to you about it 2 weeks later on Dec. 10th and you responded with an e-mail assuring me that you would have it shipped a week later, but since then I've yet to receive an e-mail confirming that it has been shipped.
    youはshock!
  • gahrlinggahrling Better safe than Hori.. Joined: Posts: 3,968
    It will come next month so will send you some then.

Excellent..
    Hey Per, sorry to bother you but have you shipped all of the orders that don't include the PS360 PCB?

I'm asking because I made my order for buttons and a ball top over a month ago on Nov. 25th, however due to an error with the website, the order made a charge to my Paypal but was not later listed under my order history.

I sent a pm and an e-mail to you about it 2 weeks later on Dec. 10th and you responded with an e-mail assuring me that you would have it shipped a week later, but since then I've yet to receive an e-mail confirming that it has been shipped.

Yeah it should have shipped. Could you send a new e-mail? Everything "exploded" with the pcb orders so would be great if you could let me know again, thanks.
  • madveksmadveks Joined: Posts: 68
    For the PS3 te mod you just wire the two Ground from the USB cable together. I took some photos and will post em up soon. Mind you only for the 10 button method.

thanks. i think there is some sort of branch off at the end. i cut the usb a little further up and saw the normal 4 cables. spliced and soldered them and wired the buttons up and it worked on the first try! that never happens to me. Ill post some pics up when i can. 10 button method.
    Yeah it should have shipped. Could you send a new e-mail? Everything "exploded" with the pcb orders so would be great if you could let me know again, thanks.

Sure thing, I just sent you the e-mail. I hope things go better for you the next time you have the PCB's available to order.
    youはshock!
    Sure thing, I just sent you the e-mail. I hope things go better for you the next time you have the PCB's available to order.

Hey, I think it was your e-mail I responded to just now, please check the inbox. You should have it either today or tomorrow.
    I'm thinking that the LS-40-01 has replaced the LS-32-01 as my favorite joystick!

It still kind of feels like the LS-32-01 but is slightly tighter and doesn't "jump" like the LS-32-01 does at times. I also appreciate the fact that I don't have to mod another JLF-CD to provide a shaft cover!

I don't hate the LS-32-01 and will definitely keep those in existing bases. I'm definitely considering makes my next 2-3 purchases of joysticks all LS-40-01's, though! It MIGHT be that close-to-perfect joystick that I've been looking for to handle all my fighting games. It also works well with Earthworm Jim HD, too!
    Hey, I think it was your e-mail I responded to just now, please check the inbox. You should have it either today or tomorrow.

Thanks, sure enough it just arrived on my doorstep today.

One issue though: I ordered 2 blue PS-14-G-N and 2 blue PS-14-D-N but I neglected to mention in my e-mail on Dec. 10th that I actually ordered the ones with the clear plungers, which I didn't notice until now on your website that they were listed with (????) after the name of the button.

Is there any way that I could return the 4 buttons that you sent me in exchange for the 4 buttons that I originally ordered?

Edit: Or better yet, could you send me clear plungers for these buttons? I'd be willing to pay whatever it costs and for shipping.
    youはshock!
    I'm thinking that the LS-40-01 has replaced the LS-32-01 as my favorite joystick!

It still kind of feels like the LS-32-01 but is slightly tighter and doesn't "jump" like the LS-32-01 does at times. I also appreciate the fact that I don't have to mod another JLF-CD to provide a shaft cover!

I don't hate the LS-32-01 and will definitely keep those in existing bases. I'm definitely considering makes my next 2-3 purchases of joysticks all LS-40-01's, though! It MIGHT be that close-to-perfect joystick that I've been looking for to handle all my fighting games. It also works well with Earthworm Jim HD, too!

LS-40-01 is indeed a nice joystick, my fav is LS-56 on the Seimitsu side I think.

Thanks, sure enough it just arrived on my doorstep today.

One issue though: I ordered 2 blue PS-14-G-N and 2 blue PS-14-D-N but I neglected to mention in my e-mail on Dec. 10th that I actually ordered the ones with the clear plungers, which I didn't notice until now on your website that they were listed with (????) after the name of the button.

Is there any way that I could return the 4 buttons that you sent me in exchange for the 4 buttons that I originally ordered?

Edit: Or better yet, could you send me clear plungers for these buttons? I'd be willing to pay whatever it costs and for shipping.

I can send it for free, don´t be stupid ;).
    Send a new e-mail with what you want and name, address again and it will go out next week for you.
  • Jamin3131Jamin3131 Modding Enthusiast Joined: Posts: 1,187
    Hi Per!

I received my order yesterday so thank you very much for the service! I also had a few bonus PS-14-D-N-K's in my package so thank you very much!!!

Can't wait to mod some sticks now :)
    Find me at A&C Games in Toronto Mondays and Wednesdays

Hi Per!

I received my order yesterday so thank you very much for the service! I also had a few bonus PS-14-D-N-K's in my package so thank you very much!!!

Can't wait to mod some sticks now :)

That sounds great, please post some pics when you´re done.
  • AsoliteAsolite Kaka Kitten Joined: Posts: 77
    Hey per!

got my parts in this morning, plus a few bonus PS-14-D-N-K, balltop and seimitsu joystick! hooray!

will post pics on finished products asap :)
    Taunt->214D->2D~B->repeat...
    Hey per!

got my parts in this morning, plus a few bonus PS-14-D-N-K, balltop and seimitsu joystick! hooray!

will post pics on finished products asap :)

Great, please post when you can.
  • maxx manamaxx mana Dan Hibiki > All Joined: Posts: 306
    Modded my VLX with a PS360. With most of my mods, I try to leave the original stick as unchanged or reversible as possible. I ordered a 26-pin idc male header, found a 5-pin male header to make a USB adapter with, and ordered some ribbon cable to use with the header. It isn't the cleanest inside the black box because I left slack in my wiring, but I'm pretty happy with it.

Per, these boards are awesome! Thanks again for making this happen, and my parts are making some of my older setups feel brand new again. My wife is in love with the pink PS-14-D-N-K's, she wants me to replace pretty much every button in every stick with those and their 30mm equivalent. :)

Next project: get my break-away PS360's wired up for the blast city CP.

Wired up in the VLX
    IMG_20101231_001624.jpg
    USB Adapter to use existing cable
    IMG_20101230_233042.jpg
    Closed up and ready to go
    IMG_20110101_022001.jpg

VLX Modder's note: with a small jeweler's flathead, you can pop the pins out of the daughtboard connectors and gently insert and tighten them into the terminals of the PS360 for button usage. This allows you to use the existing select/turbo/home buttons of the VLX without having to cut/strip/solder anything, as well as leaving open the option of putting the old PCB back in and re-attaching the connectors
    "Everybody denies I am a genius - but nobody ever called me one! " - Orson Welles
    Very clever what you did in preserving Select and Turbo!

I'll probably never buy a VLX myself but inventiveness and cunning is something I like to read about!
    Modded my VLX with a PS360. With most of my mods, I try to leave the original stick as unchanged or reversible as possible. I ordered a 26-pin idc male header, found a 5-pin male header to make a USB adapter with, and ordered some ribbon cable to use with the header. It isn't the cleanest inside the black box because I left slack in my wiring, but I'm pretty happy with it.

Per, these boards are awesome! Thanks again for making this happen, and my parts are making some of my older setups feel brand new again. My wife is in love with the pink PS-14-D-N-K's, she wants me to replace pretty much every button in every stick with those and their 30mm equivalent. :)

Next project: get my break-away PS360's wired up for the blast city CP.

Wired up in the VLX
    USB Adapter to use existing cable
    Closed up and ready to go

VLX Modder's note: with a small jeweler's flathead, you can pop the pins out of the daughtboard connectors and gently insert and tighten them into the terminals of the PS360 for button usage. This allows you to use the existing select/turbo/home buttons of the VLX without having to cut/strip/solder anything, as well as leaving open the option of putting the old PCB back in and re-attaching the connectors

That looks so sweet, very clever of you ;).
  • X FAct0RX FAct0R Joined: Posts: 186
    Any update on a TE installation tutorial?
    -= AH3 Bring the Hype =-
    Arcana Heart 3 - [Tsuzura Saki/Petra Johanna Lagerkvist]
    Marvel 3 - [Logan/Trish/Akuma]
    MK - [TBD] SSFIV - [Rose/Fei]
  • AsoliteAsolite Kaka Kitten Joined: Posts: 77
    DSC06050.jpg
    DSC06051.jpg

parts put to work :)
    Taunt->214D->2D~B->repeat...
    Any update on a TE installation tutorial?

I am hearing something about a video tutorial soon, no more info yet. Picture tutorial should be up by someone soon I think so hang in there.

parts put to work :)

It seems it fits just right for it :D, great job with the wiring and THANK YOU for the pictures.
  • CaptRichCaptRich Joined: Posts: 418
    so hows "The Ultimate" stick project going?
    so hows "The Ultimate" stick project going?

I am on my third "version" right now and will pick the best when I am done (this is just to see so I don´t forget anything in the model I want). My stick requires some serious engineering of a different kind thus taking the time it is. I think when people see the functions of it they will think it is something else :), but yeah, the end result will be smoking, trust me ;).
  • FullMetalRossFullMetalRoss That Hurt! Liar... Joined: Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    OH MAN AWESOME

This is what I was wondering about doing! I have some questions for you will PM.
    <<>>
  • souji5souji5 You got Paid son Joined: Posts: 867
    Installed another ps360, thanks again Per

img1062.th.png

img1063q.th.png
    www.soujistiks.com - Quality Custom Arcade Sticks and Cases
    *2015 Custom Arcade Stick Maker of the Year*
  • MitMit Joined: Posts: 343
    Hope this hasn't been asked a lot.

When did this PS360 board come out, and where do I buy it? I don't see it under Custom PCBs or anything on Akihabarashop.

Is this like, the new go-to PCB for dual modding? Seems much better than the Chimp + XB360 pad, or atleast much easier to install.

EDIT: Did some searching around with Google. Apparently this is pretty new, and I'm supposed to buy it from Focus Attack I guess? Disadvantage to Chimp is no auto-detection.
  • anonymousaccountanonymousaccount Joined: Posts: 11
    I know we're going a little bit back here, but I need to confirm this before I do anything too drastic to my TE stick...

360 TE (12 button config) -

f592ip.jpg
    wgt6hf.jpg

Half of the PCB isn't pictured. Are the attack button wires (in groups of 5) hooked up to their respective terminals?

It's just the ground wiring that's really doing my head in here :(

Thanks in advance!
  • jamesepoopjamesepoop making this look easy Joined: Posts: 1,324
    Let me know if you need anybody else to do you an installation tutorial, pics or vids. I don't have a board yet, but certainly can help with tips on keeping the installation clean and such.
    Visit J&J SoCal Modding: http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/113434/
    Visit J&J SoCal Modding's blog for review of new arcade parts: http://jjsocalmodding.blogspot.com