** Akihabarashop.jp is now OPEN **

1224225226227228230»

Comments

• aszydaszyd Joined: Posts: 505
    Laban wrote: »
    @TheRealNeoGeo I placed an order on February 11th; what is the current status of my order? My order reference is DXSFEQNGX. Thank you in advanced.

"Last Active 10 months ago"

You should probably send him a PM with the hopes that he has e-mail notifications enabled, because I don't think he is going to see this thread.
  • NekobibuNekobibu Joined: Posts: 24
    edited March 2016
    @TheRealNeoGeo I placed an order on February 11th; what is the current status of my order? My order reference is DXSFEQNGX. Thank you in advanced.

Did you finally receive your order? I was in a similar situation but I finally got my order... It took a whole month.
    So, for anyone who's interested in buying from akishop.jp: yes, you'll get your stuff (choice and quality at a fair price, IMHO) but you have to be very patient. If you're in a hurry, buy from somewhere else, but you won't get as much choice, and you'll probably end up paying more... :)
  • LabanLaban KOF98 Player Joined: Posts: 2,556
    Nekobibu wrote: »

Did you finally receive your order? I was in a similar situation but I finally got my order... It took a whole month.
    So, for anyone who's interested in buying from akishop.jp: yes, you'll get your stuff (choice and quality at a fair price, IMHO) but you have to be very patient. If you're in a hurry, buy from somewhere else, but you won't get as much choice, and you'll probably end up paying more... :)

@Nekobibu after two weeks after I put in the order and the payment was received, I gave them a direct e-mail and within a day or less they got on top of it and I got it later that week. They're the only shop I know that sells OBS-30As/OBS-M switches. I also got a Fanta and I'm really happy with it. So yeah, they take a while unless you light a fire under them.
  • RoBoBOBRRoBoBOBR Evil Beaver Joined: Posts: 191
    edited July 2016
    Just a friendly reminder to people on srk - akishop is still slow as fuck. Ordered a PCB 3 weeks ago now, and it's yet to be shipped. Customer support said it'll be sent "any day now" a week ago, and that's it.
    They call me lamer because i'm downright lame.
  • VuhadzuVuhadzu Joined: Posts: 31
    I made an order with them for the first time yesterday, it's a shame i didn't see this thread before then.
  • BolSadguyBolSadguy Just a Bol of Sadguys Joined: Posts: 1,505
    I remember waiting like 3 months for an LS-58 and 2 buttons coming to Canada. Now I only shop at Akishop when they have some stuff for cheaper than at FocusAttack.
    edited July 2016
    That's the only reason i chose them over FocusAttack, who i've had great experience with before. I've ordered some OBSC-CWX buttons which only they and FA seem to stock, but Akishop is about £15 cheaper in total. That's even including a (in theory) faster shipping option to the UK.
  • jaquiojaquio Joined: Posts: 243
    Refund requested couple weeks ago.
  • adlorinadlorin Joined: Posts: 40
    edited July 2016
    I've placed a couple of orders with 'em, as they carry so many things (OBS-30A, buckling springs, Myoungshin, etc) that you otherwise cannot get state-side, and have always had good turn around and professionalism with 'em.
    After 2 weeks of my order still not being shipped, despite emailing them 3 times, i just got a refund after raising a PayPal dispute.

Their response to my first email was they were waiting on 'parts' and it will go out soon - even though i only ordered a few buttons which were in stock when i ordered (i wouldn't have been able to otherwise). 11 days in, they then send it would be shipped tomorrow - another 2 days later, still nothing.
  • IbokiIboki Joined: Posts: 206
    I've ordered from here a few times. First time I waited a couple weeks then complained before going to paypal to get a refund. He shipped so I cancelled. I understand that he takes his sweet ass time but damn. Waiting weeks without a tracking number, virtually no communcation, etc. It sucks i can't get some of these things anywhere else.
  • opishoryukenopishoryuken Joined: Posts: 22
    LOL! I've ordered it funny... Wait..for Akishop shipped without numbers track for 1 week. My items will arrive 2 weeks or so! LOL!
  • Caseyj123Caseyj123 Joined: Posts: 46
    My 1st order at akishop.jp and might be the last : no communication no answer by contact .... Already 1 week to wait to the tracking number....
  • ShinMagusShinMagus Joined: Posts: 394 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited February 10
    1 week? The basic unit is month! :P I've ordered from Akihabarashop a number of times over the years, they have a very nice assortment of goods, but you basically have to place your order and "forget about it", at least for like 3 months (well, part of it has to do with the fact I live in Brazil, I imagine). Then you can start worrying a bit. :P

Despite this, they have so far been reliable. :)
    Magus
    12000 B.C. - Dark Ages
    "The black wind begins to blow..."
    "Can you hear that? It's the sound of the Reaper."
  • Angry AbelAngry Abel Joined: Posts: 384
    Ordered an LS 40-01 from them today. Hopefully shipping to Korea will be swift.
    Just been notified it has shipped, some 27 days later =)
  • daimdaimsandaimdaimsan Joined: Posts: 5
    @Angry Abel you're order was shipped today?

my order is pending since about a week now. this really the only USP that these guys have that you cant get some of this shit anywhere else, especially if you live in a country like India (like me). the last email that i got from gamegamesan (lol) was sunday saying that on monday my order will be shipped and we will contact you in the next week. now A. what the hell does that supposed to mean anyways?? B. My order has still not been shipped and the guys over there have stopped replying only... God save the victims of monopoly and scarcity :(
    IIRC they send orders in batches from time to time...
    Magus
    12000 B.C. - Dark Ages
  • AlerhanAlerhan Joined: Posts: 92
    yea you usually need to wait more than a week after you order from them. My order of 8 buttons shipped 3 weeks after I ordered them. You just have to be really patient when you order from akishop.
    Yeah, mine was almost 4 weeks, hence my 27 days comment.
    @Caseyj123 was your order shipped finally? the customer service is terrible. no offense though
    Package arrived today. Not impressed - it was wrapped in bubble wrap and placed in a paper bag. No box. One of the pins was bent too, but I managed to straighten it.

Given the delay, lack of communication and poor packaging, I'd be reluctant to buy from there again.
    @Angry Abel my package was shipped on the 28th after escalating my paypal dispute to a claim for refund. terrible customer service. lets hope i get the package in time. what shipping did u chose though?
  • jaquiojaquio Joined: Posts: 243
    How bad......i used to like buying from them.
  • jblairjblair so this is it huh? having standards use to be standard Joined: Posts: 1,352
    It's cute how these fuckin clowns still say they ship in 3-5 days when they know damn well they take 3-5 weeks.
  • jblairjblair so this is it huh? having standards use to be standard Joined: Posts: 1,352
    Well, they gave me a full refund, and sent me my stuff minus the stuff they didn't have in stock. I appreciate it, but I still would have been happy to just pay, AND not have to wait a month.
    @Angry Abel my package was shipped on the 28th after escalating my paypal dispute to a claim for refund. terrible customer service. lets hope i get the package in time. what shipping did u chose though?

Sorry just seen this. I chose the cheapest option as I live in Korea and thought the package didn't have to travel far. Plus Korean post is amazing.
  • WindyGamingWindyGaming Joined: Posts: 21
    This happened to me too. i was on a deadline. i had plenty of time. i paid for express shipping. then 3 weeks goes by with no notification. took it to paypal. got a refund. hit up another shop who hooked me up in a hurry.
    www.windygaming.com
  • unaigalderunaigalder Joined: Posts: 70
    The currency converter in akishop is wrong is about 8€ more cheaper that is real place when i placed my order
  • bigbadboazbigbadboaz Joined: Posts: 56
    I remember when RealNeoGeo was passionate, VERY active here and a pioneer in getting this type of product to users Stateside. Whatever has changed, this is so very very sad.
    edited April 25
    Where is the octogate compatible in akishop to Seimitsu LS-56-01-MS-LB39?
    is this compatible https://www.akishop.jp/joystick-parts/104-ls-56-round-gate.html##?
  • STKSTK In...infinite Imagination! Joined: Posts: 322
    you guys plan on getting any 309 helpme crowns with the KMS?
    Knowledge Is My Power! My Power Is Knowledge

edited May 3
    Place one order at Saturday and two messages and e-mail without replies
    edited May 3
    These reports make me wonder if they've gone from "mostly absent, very slow" to "totally absent, unmoving".

Shop folks, this is your cue to come here. ;)
    Magus
    12000 B.C. - Dark Ages
    edited May 9
    Ten days and my order is not processed Akishop is very slow
  • AlerhanAlerhan Joined: Posts: 92
    They are still moving. I placed an order on 4/25 and my order just shipped. I would use a different service but no one else sells rg buttons so it's better to be patient than to not have them at all i guess.
    I expect that my order will ship early
    Don´t buy in www.akishop.jp is very slow and don´t ship the order i don´t recommend this shop
    RoBoBOBR wrote: »
    Just a friendly reminder to people on srk - akishop is still slow as fuck. Ordered a PCB 3 weeks ago now, and it's yet to be shipped. Customer support said it'll be sent "any day now" a week ago, and that's it.
    I´m in the same situation akishop is very slow shop
    Just ordered two OBSF-30s and an LS-32 SE. I'll give them 3 weeks before I take it to paypal :tongue:
  • STKSTK In...infinite Imagination! Joined: Posts: 322
    http://www.hori.jp/products/p4/p4_rapnH_hs/

Is this something the shop will sell once it comes outs?
    Knowledge Is My Power! My Power Is Knowledge

• VOLDOMVOLDOM Joined: Posts: 142
    edited June 16
    Is Akishop still going? I thought they had closed doors already.
    They're alive, just slow. Ordered 3 weeks ago and was promised my order would ship tuesday the 13th. It's now friday thr 16th and no update. Avoid if you're not patient.
  • jopamojopamo Stuck in Silly-con Valley Joined: Posts: 876
    edited June 17
    After all the negative exposure this shop's gotten over the last year or so... be it poor-to-nonexistent communication or glacial shipping speed...

WHY [in the world] DOES ANYONE STILL ORDER FROM THIS PLACE?

(And no, your answer of "well I can't get [enter part name here] from anywhere else" really doesn't cut it, under the circumstances.)
    jopamo wrote: »
    After all the negative exposure this shop's gotten over the last year or so... be it poor-to-nonexistent communication or glacial shipping speed...

WHY [in the world] DOES ANYONE STILL ORDER FROM THIS PLACE?

(And no, your answer of "well I can't get [enter part name here] from anywhere else" really doesn't cut it, under the circumstances.)

For me is more cheaper the item than focusattack, paradise arcade shop or arcadeworld uk for me is the most cheapest item and ship cost are more lower that the shop that i have see.
  • jopamojopamo Stuck in Silly-con Valley Joined: Posts: 876
    edited June 20
    ...which is irrelevant when you pay lower prices but don't receive what you've ordered for weeks-to-months, IF you ever even see it at all.

"You get what you pay for." There's a good reason why that's an old saying that's been translated into countless languages within representative cultures.
  • pollopollo Joined: Posts: 8
    So I ordered at the beginning of June and wrote to akishop via mail that I want to change my order (different colors) at like the 20th of June. He said, no problem and that he will ship it that week. He didn't and I opened a PayPal ticket at the 3rd of July asking him to cancel my order because he hasn't shipped yet. No answer, so I handed the case over to PayPal at the 9th of July. Now I got a message that akishop shipped but I already ordered and got my buttons from arcadeworlduk. Anyone knows how PayPal will react? They didn't say anything yet and I don't want the order from aki now because I'm good. Just want the money back.
  • Explorer200Explorer200 Joined: Posts: 441
    I ordered a couple Seimitsu button plugs and an LS-40 from these guys on April 30th. The order was marked as shipped on May 25th and arrived June 28th.

No regrets

When ordering from Akishop its best to assume that you will never get your order. In my case, 2 months later after ordering, I was blown away at the swiftness of its arrival speed.