Skullgirls Bugs & Glitches Thread - Check First Post

Comments

• tatakitataki Non-SF4/MVC3 FG news: twitter.com/#!/novriltataki Joined: Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • JBourne is a FraudJBourne is a Fraud Joined: Posts: 27
    I'm having a lot of issues. I sent some tweets to @Skullgirls about it, but thought it would be a good idea to go into greater detail here. I'm playing on 360.

When I start the game up, I can't skip any of the logo screens. When I get to the main menu, I have no control over it. I have to hit the guide button, then exit it. Now I can make a selection. I select tutorial, and pick chapter 1-1. The screen goes black, but the music still plays. After waiting for over a minute, I hit the guide button. It came up very slowly, and then the loading screen started. I have to do this every single time I load up a section of the tutorial. When I went into the pause menu to change my buttons, I had to hit the guide button to regain control after changing a single one. When I exit whatever tutorial I'm on to go back to the chapter select, I have to hit the guide button before I can do anything.

Similar things happen when I play online. I can't invite anyone to play a game, because I can't access my party or friend sections of the guide. When I try, I just get booted back to the main guide screen. When I'm on the character select screen, I have to hit the guide button before I can do anything.

Story, arcade, and training modes are unplayable for me. I can't select a character without hitting the guide button first, which boots me back to the previous menu.

I'm using a Madcatz SE. I tried using a Hori and had the same issues. Both sticks work fine for AE and other fighting games being played from my hard drive. There are no other controllers plugged in, but I do have a wireless headphone/set base plugged into the back USB port. I've tried deleting the game and re-downloading, which didn't solve anything.

Despite all the garbage with having to hit the guide button constantly and not being able to play singleplayer, I'm having an absolute blast with the game. There's no buyer's remorse here. Skullgirls is amazing, and I can't wait to be able to play it without these issues.

EDIT: Okay, more stuff. When I start the game, I sit through a loading screen for the main menu. Once it pops up, I instantly get kicked to another loading screen.

I managed to get an invite out to a person in my party, and it takes me to the versus menu after sending the invite. When he tries to invite me, I get a "network shutting down" message. The only way to get out of this screen is to go to the dashboard. So now I can't play singleplayer or multiplayer.
  • grandlordzerograndlordzero Joined: Posts: 133
    Found a possible glitch/exploit with peacock. Apparently if you use peacocks teleport while calling an assist, the assist moves with you. This allows you to do fullscreen left/right mixups with a medium range assist.

Example:
    Go to training mode and pick a team of Peacock, Double, and Cerebella. Set cerebella's assist to Lock and Load (Heavy), set double's assist to Titan Knuckle (heavy punch) and put peacock on point.

Make sure there is a full screen distance between you and your opponent. Call Lock and Load assist and teleport behind them. The assist will teleport closer and THEN attack, allowing you to do a full screen left/right mixup. Now do the same thing with doubles titan knuckle assist. You will notice that it is JUST short enough that it does not work. It still moves closer, but not close enough to hit.

Proof of concept:

The actual corners of the stage seem to mess with this somewhat. Not sure what the deal is yet. A friend of mine thinks its because the screen doesn't "move" when you teleport in the corner. I dunno. /shrug
    Proof of this concept not working in corners:

Seems like a minor glitch but could potentially be useful for peacock. Figured i'd report it even though it doesn't seem completely gamebreaking.

If this ends up being a useful glitch, can i have it named after me? lol
    I don't know why you don't like Melty. Melty has vampires, and you must be one since you obviously can't see yourself in the mirror.
    ~Warpticon
  • factory9factory9 ARCANA HEARTO TWEEEE Joined: Posts: 975
    OK, I'm in training on that bright neighborhood stage with the "lalalalalalalala" song in it.

I tag in and walk in either direction and my sprite is replaced with hitboxes for a second before flashing back to the sprite.
  • DeathologyDeathology Joined: Posts: 17
    I'm in training mode and I have player two constantly chicken blocking (rubber band around a ps3 controller's analog stick). Anyways, I have double's HK hornet bomber as an assist and sometimes when I call it the opponent gets hit by it. Sometimes the first two hits will keep him in block stun until he hits the ground, then the third hit connects. Other times the first hit connects during the start-up of one of his jumps. It's not like hornet bomber is a low so it shouldn't be hitting him. I can't get it to work with double on point, it only happens when used as an assist. Also, I tried poking the second player with mids to see if there was every a time and when you can't block, but he was never hit. I've changed the controller, moved the rubber band around to the other side, and left and re-entered training mode with the same results. Is this a bug?
  • PremonishedPremonished I Just Press Buttons Joined: Posts: 4
    I'm on the Regular Xbox 360 with the original 160 gb hard drive and the loading times are extremely slow...sometimes I have to wait over 2 minutes of loading just to start up a local versus game. If anyone has any suggestions on what to do about this it would be helpful. Thank you.

Edit: I actually fixed this by deleting a bunch of stuff off my hard drive and redownloading the game.
  • guitalex2007guitalex2007 Joined: Posts: 3,022
    To everyone who has mentioned the stutter on the credits, I'm 150% sure the stutter is there because the sketches that go alongside the credits are being loaded.

In normal speed I don't notice any stutter, but when I speed up by holding X it pauses a bit before every picture. As a result, this isn't really something I'd prioritize.
    Ms. Fortune is great. Everybody likes a little head action every now and then.
    Stream here! Follow @guitalex on Twitter for stream updates!
  • Mike_ZMike_Z Defender of the Night Joined: Posts: 2,164
    The game favours forward techs over backward techs.
    Noted, will see if I can get it to be the last one you did. Shouldn't be too hard.
    Found a possible glitch/exploit with peacock. Apparently if you use peacocks teleport while calling an assist, the assist moves with you.
    The screen edge pulls the assist closer to you as it moves; they are still trying to land back where you called them but are limited to staying onscreen. Guess this is why teleports in MvC2 lock the screen. :^P Noted, but not quite sure how to fix it.
    [snip] Is this a bug?
    No! Well, kinda. You found a thing I left in to make holding up-back worse. :^)
    - As in MvC2, blockstun ends when you land, even if there was supposed to be more (hence chicken blocking is a valid tactic).
    - Jump startup is 3-4f, and during it you can't block.
    - Assist attacks won't put the opponent in pre-block stance ever, only point character attacks from reasonably close will. <- This is the kicker.

So what happens with that setup is, they airblock the first two hits, land, exit blockstun, enter jump startup and get hit by the 3rd hit. It will never happen with Double on point because up-back will put them in pre-block instead of jump startup. Similarly, any mid or high assist can hit them out of prejump even when holding up-back. And if you are a character with a far reaching mid attack like Parasoul (F+HP), Cerbella (F+HP), or Double (HP), if you stand outside the proximity block range so the opponent will not go into pre-block from your attack, you can hit the character holding up-back as they land/rejump, without needing an assist. Projectiles can do this, too.

It is important to note that if you hold BACK rather than up-back you can block all these things even your original example, regardless of whether you enter preblock or not, so it doesn't create any unblockable situations. This only serves to make mindless up-back slightly weaker as an answer to everything, since it tends to be a strong braindead choice in similar games. Holding up-back while waking up into a not-quite-meaty assist or projectile will just get you hit, rather than being a catch-all option.
    I had the world's oldest signature so I replaced it with this.
  • tatakitataki Non-SF4/MVC3 FG news: twitter.com/#!/novriltataki Joined: Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭✭✭
    On some stages the ! mark on peacock's qcb+HP is showing just fine, but on some stages it doesn't show at all.

Ok it's not a bug. The character shadow in the town stage is the same color as the item drop shadow. So you cannot see the !
    Fighting game tutorials, matches, and funny stuff:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/novriltataki
    Former account:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/playtowin
  • DantarionDantarion Joined: Posts: 250
    Valentines Level 3 can be interrupted by your assist!

Pick Valentine/Cerebella, with antiair grab assist for cerebella, and bodybag grab for valentine.

With valentine on point, do QCB+LP+MP+MK. Cerebella will grab the bodybag after the level 3 hits, causing nothing to happen. Not sure if being able to hit/grab the bodybag was intentional.

With cerebella on point, you can antiair grab the bodybag after the assist hits if you time it right. One again, not sure if this was intented.
    I found this out messing around with trying to make option selects and get extra damage on supers.
  • sage2050sage2050 AG Vinco Joined: Posts: 592
    In training mode if P1 and P2 both pick 3 characters both players are set at 16445 life and 1.3 damage multiplier. isn't this supposed to be the stats for 2 character teams?

if P1 picks 3 and P2 picks 2 chars, P1 is at 14300 life and 1.00 damage

is this a bug or am i understanding something wrong?
    Always Godlike
    www.alwaysgodlike.com
  • worldjem7worldjem7 Seven World Jems Joined: Posts: 544
    Whenever someone picks a team, it shows that they pick only one character. This happens online.

for 3v3 it uses level 2 power because otherwise matches would take forever.
  • Y2RyokoY2Ryoko Joined: Posts: 112
    In training mode if P1 and P2 both pick 3 characters both players are set at 16445 life and 1.3 damage multiplier. isn't this supposed to be the stats for 2 character teams?

This isn't a glitch. In 3 v 3 situations, damage scaling is boosted to 2v2 status in order to make up for the influx of health. I remember Mike mentioning it during UltraChen on Monday.
  • Master ChibiMaster Chibi .: Dynamites! :. Joined: Posts: 14,934 mod
    Is hearing the item drop 'slide whistle' come out if even if I get hit, or having the sound disappear but still have the item actually come out due to GGPO? I've had it happen several times now.

80gig phat ps3
    Tried to play again this morning, after re-downloading the game and clearing my cache or a second time. I still can't play anything. When I try to join a match, it just tells me "network shutting down." The first time my friend invited me, I couldn't even open the message.

I've deleted Skullgirls, filled up some hard drive space with demos, and re-downloaded. I've tried playing it off of a USB drive. No matter what I do, the game is unplayable for me. Profound sadness.
  • sage2050sage2050 AG Vinco Joined: Posts: 592
    Whenever someone picks a team, it shows that they pick only one character. This happens online.

for 3v3 it uses level 2 power because otherwise matches would take forever.
    This isn't a glitch. In 3 v 3 situations, damage scaling is boosted to 2v2 status in order to make up for the influx of health. I remember Mike mentioning it during UltraChen on Monday.
    thanks for clearing that up
    Always Godlike
    www.alwaysgodlike.com
  • Sanger ZonvoltSanger Zonvolt Future Cyberbots Pro Joined: Posts: 1,528
    Is hearing the item drop 'slide whistle' come out if even if I get hit, or having the sound disappear but still have the item actually come out due to GGPO? I've had it happen several times now.
    Same happens to me.
    Sword of Sophia and fightan games
    Cyberbots: Super-8 & Helion
    Vampire Savior: Lilith, Jedah, and Demitri
    Skullgirls: Painwheel/Filia/Squigly
  • ParasoulParasoul Reporting for Duty! Joined: Posts: 263
    It's more the fact that you get two or three different lines from the same move or the announcer sometimes.
    Hey yo Mike! Game is awesome son! When we gonna get some dlc. Yo? :P
  • Mr. XMr. X Non Stop ∞ Climax Joined: Posts: 20,004 ✭✭✭

if P1 picks 3 and P2 picks 2 chars, P1 is at 14300 life and 1.00 damage

is this a bug or am i understanding something wrong?
    http://wiki.shoryuken.com/Skullgirls/Game_Elements/Life_and_Damage

3v3 gets the added bonus due to the damage multiplier to offset all the life.
    "You are all just as bad as the people you hate. You're only interested in characters based on tears." - Since1717
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
    PSN: X_the_Genius | GGPO: Mr X | Skype: MisterEcks
  • BoodendorfBoodendorf Imposing your will is a matter of strength. Joined: Posts: 1,464
    I am currently having a glitch right now. I got out of the versus menu, went into leader boards and then an error pops on the screen saying Error initializing scoreboard. I try to mash but none of my buttons work and the skullheart logo on the bottom right is still spinning. Had to quit the game D:.
    "‎I don't know if you've ever let someone down, got your ass kicked or straight up failed. But those are the moments that define us. They push you further than you've ever thought possible, and force you to make choices. No matter what the cost." — Cole MacGrath
    Check out my youtube channel here!
    Skullgirls: Hamburger/Befstróganov/Filet Mignon ლ(´ڡ`ლ)
  • IntotheKateIntotheKate Joined: Posts: 285
    Game just froze. Playing online(Xbox 360). Team was Peacock/Double(Color 4 and 6) against a Solo Parasoul(color 8). Currently frozen in the air with Parasoul doing sj.LP. I was doing QCB+HP and had Double assist(DP+HK) on the screen.
    2 frames of delay on GGPO, my internet works fine, game never unfroze. Had to turn off the Xbox. I sent a message to the other player to see if something happened but got no response.

If you need any other information, let me know.
    Game just froze. Playing online(Xbox 360). Team was Peacock/Double(Color 4 and 6) against a Solo Parasoul(color 8). Currently frozen in the air with Parasoul doing sj.LP. I was doing QCB+HP and had Double assist(DP+HK) on the screen.
    2 frames of delay on GGPO, my internet works fine, game never unfroze. Had to turn off the Xbox. I sent a message to the other player to see if something happened but got no response.

If you need any other information, let me know.
    Old xbox? Did you see red rings?
  • HazardousHazardous Joined: Posts: 32
    On the Latest News, the URL says to go to www.skullgirls.com/game/guides ... Which doesn't exist. The URL should be www.skullgirls.com/game/character-guides to get to the correct webpage
    Skullgirls Main: Valentine + Double ("Servants of the Skull")
    Old xbox? Did you see red rings?

No RedRings. Bought in 2010, before the new slim version. Just had the one connection (My stick) and it was green.
    No RedRings. Bought in 2010, before the new slim version. Just had the one connection (My stick) and it was green.
    Go to your hardrive. Device options/clear system cache. If it does it again on just Skullgirls it is a problem with the game if it does it with any other game then...your xbox may be dying. That or heating up too much.
    Go to your hardrive. Device options/clear system cache. If it does it again on just Skullgirls it is a problem with the game if it does it with any other game then...your xbox may be dying. That or heating up too much.

Alright, if it matters, it just froze again on the stained glass stage. That's been both of my freezes, will check results and whatnot. I was playing MvC2 yesterday and it was working fine, so hopefully my xbox isn't dying.
  • Mr. XMr. X Non Stop ∞ Climax Joined: Posts: 20,004 ✭✭✭
    It's froze twice on the same stage?
    "You are all just as bad as the people you hate. You're only interested in characters based on tears." - Since1717
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
    PSN: X_the_Genius | GGPO: Mr X | Skype: MisterEcks
    It's froze twice on the same stage?

Yes. The one with the church, I believe the final boss stage. When I cleared my cache it's just now stuck on "validating online play"

EDIT:

Rebooting fixed the Online validation issue. I'm going to queue for another game and if I get the stage a third time, will post if it freezes.

EDIT2:

Froze for a third time.
  • SoothsayerSoothsayer ↑,↑,↓,↓,←,→,←,→, B, A, SELECT, Start. Joined: Posts: 305
    So, I was playing with Ms Fortune, and my friend was Valentine. Just a 1v1 match. Fortune was headless and, every time Valentine did her Level 1 (MAJOR SURGERY) and it hit, I think I could do an attack with my head, causing me to fall out of the Super. Sometimes it'd happen after V's first ninja dash, sometimes her 2nd dash, V would just stop doing her Super, and I'd fall out of her super.
    I kind of want to know about this because I'm also finding that a lot of the blockbusters don't transition well into the headless Ms. Fortune. For instance, her head will get hit by the super while her body will just phase through it. In effect really only taking 50% damage from super. And as also previously mentioned doing Valentine's Lvl1 Dash Blockbuster if you hit Ms. Fortune and then her head is anywhere near you, you fall out of it.
    Is this head business some kind of meta-strategy or did you not intend this?
    PSN: Soothsayer04 | XBL: Thomas A Hawkk
    Feel free to add me on either account, For Ultimate Marvel or Street Fighter. Now with MORE Skullgirls.
    My Artwork Request Thread -
    http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/soothsayers-artwork-request-thread.154447/
  • SoothsayerSoothsayer ↑,↑,↓,↓,←,→,←,→, B, A, SELECT, Start. Joined: Posts: 305
    He could also have a broken download, it may read as correct data but is in fact corrupt in some capacity for certain actions, I had that for Final Fantasy XI which albeit is a very different from Skullgirls but once I entered a specific spot at a specific area insta-crash.
    PSN: Soothsayer04 | XBL: Thomas A Hawkk
    Feel free to add me on either account, For Ultimate Marvel or Street Fighter. Now with MORE Skullgirls.
    My Artwork Request Thread -
    http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/soothsayers-artwork-request-thread.154447/
    Alright. Well, I hate to keep posting here, but I figured i'd just talk through everything. The stage name is 'Grand Catherdral' I'm going to boot it up now in training mode to see if it freezes, if it does I guess I'll redownload the game.

It's working fine in training mode with 1 character, going to switch it up to 2.

Works fine with the exact setup I froze with online, recreated both the Valentine freeze and the Parasoul freeze, so i guess it's an online only problem.
  • jinsaotomex3jinsaotomex3 It's tooth brushing time! Joined: Posts: 5,973
    Not a bug, but more of a suggestion. Instead of having people give "as many details as possible" why not just have a template to fill out?
    Something like,

Console :
    Console model :
    Hard drive size :
    Game mode glitch occurred in :
    Team and assists you used (if you remember) :
    Team and assists opponent used (if you remember) :
    Stage being played :
    Type of glitch : Gameplay/Sound/Network/UI/Other (like hardware freeze)
    Other :

If everyone followed some sort of universal template then finding the bugs might be easier for the team. If not, just ignore this :rofl:.
    Supreme Overlord and ruler of the Hentai realm.
    Brushy brushy brushy : http://pastebin.com/aPHTTgfc
    Brushing your little sister's teeth, Jin Saotome style.
  • ArazemlArazeml "I need more power!" Power to the pad players. Joined: Posts: 59
    Will try to do.

Console : Xbox 360
    Console model : "Arcade"
    Hard drive size : 120GB
    Game mode glitch occurred in : Arcade
    Team and assists you used (if you remember) : Ms. Fortune/Valentine
    Team and assists opponent used (if you remember) : Parasoul/Ms. Fortune/Valentine
    Stage being played : Little InnsMouth (night)
    Type of glitch : Gameplay/Sound/Network/UI/Other (like hardware freeze) Gameplay/sound..?
    Other : Hitboxes showed up in Arcade mode when the characters got knocked down. Also, I paused and left the game idle for about 5 min, and then the game slowed down horribly, game and sound lag. However, when I ended the match, the game went back to normal speed.

I... hope I filled that out correctly...?
  • kof_killerkof_killer Do you feel it, Zach? Joined: Posts: 16
    Señor Mike Z, a few doubts and a suggestion about the Xbox 360 version:

Is it really mandatory to have the "Exit game" option in the pause menu? I understand why you're required to have it in the main menu, but this is the first time I've seen it in the pause menu, it's not in 3rd Strike Online any other XBLA game that I know of...

If possible, is there any chance you can remove it? Me and a few others already made the mistake of trying to change characters or restart and end up exiting the game :(

It isn't something urgent, but its a little annoying since there isn't any advantage in it being there. The main reason for me is that I work at a big videogame store and I want to spread the love for Skullgirls with all the clients, but the kids (and many adults as well) keep exiting the game by accident, and I tell you that changing games on a 360 demo unit is a real pain in the butt!

Loving the game, I can't wait for the patches to iron out the glitches (don't forget the hitbox glitch please!).
  • DeathGunDeathGun Joined: Posts: 624
    It was a pain in the ass to go trought the tutorials due the loading times. Id like to see it improved in the future. My skullgirls is stored in a 16GB pendrive. All my downloaded and installed games also are in this pendrive, but I havent got annoyed by loading times on any of them.

There could to be an animated icon for when the game is loading something in the menus. We choose the options we want but nothing changes on the screen, we dont know if we misclicked anything or the game frooze or whatnot.
  • Dime_xDime_x master theorist Joined: Posts: 4,936 ✭✭
    Found a possible glitch/exploit with peacock. Apparently if you use peacocks teleport while calling an assist, the assist moves with you. This allows you to do fullscreen left/right mixups with a medium range assist.

i know mike already replied to this, but this glitch might need some fixing, im using it to speed up fireball assists from full/midscreen into dr.strange style teleport crossups, its really fast cause the fireballer gets teleported with peacock, basically reducing fireball flight time before impact... using painwheels mp fireball.

anywho nice find, ill be abusing this to the utmost of my ability :)

-dime
    Skullgirls: Painwheel/double & Peacock/x/painwheel. SSF4 AE 2012: Ibuki
    ST: Dee Jay,Vega,Ryu,Zangief,Boxer,Chun,Guile,Sagat
    If you're offended by your own playstyle that doesnt make sense -Pali
    -Dime_x
    Is the game supposed to slow down hardcore when you set the delay to 0 with a 100+ connection?
    In 3SOE the game never slowed down, it just kind of skipped back in time.

Any word on this?
  • RussaiRussai A Debby Downer Joined: Posts: 342
    Works fine with the exact setup I froze with online, recreated both the Valentine freeze and the Parasoul freeze, so i guess it's an online only problem.
    May want to try deleting the game and redownloading it. Seems to be a very specific issue that might go away with a clean install.
    My skullgirls is stored in a 16GB pendrive. All my downloaded and installed games also are in this pendrive, but I havent got annoyed by loading times on any of them.
    There could to be an animated icon for when the game is loading something in the menus. We choose the options we want but nothing changes on the screen, we dont know if we misclicked anything or the game frooze or whatnot.

Try installing it to the HD instead of the pen drive. Loading times on the 360 are a known issue and are compounded by not running the game from the HD - the speeds may be fixed in a later patch, but it might be an idea to keep it on the HD until then.
    Launch party erry day
    Russai.deviantART.com
    In general, play it off your hard drive, don't play off anything else if you can help it.
    Loading times FROM your hard drive, like the thread that got made. Um. It works for most people, so we don't even know what to test. But we'll try to look at it. >.<

- Peacock item drop noise sticking around is a direct result of the repeating-sounds bug. If you get 2 noises, when the item drop happens or gets cancelled it only stops one of them.

-
    Tried to play again this morning, after re-downloading the game and clearing my cache or a second time. I still can't play anything.
    Unfortunately, I have zero idea how to help you, other than suggesting it might be your NAT (network address translation) which basically means bring your system somewhere with internet hooked up differently from yours and try it there. Or plug it directly into your modem/internet box, rather than into a router or anything else, and see if that helps.
    Game just froze. Playing online(Xbox 360).
    I have to suggest re-downloading it also, since nobody else has reported a crash. :^( If it still crashes, let us know.
    Is the game supposed to slow down hardcore when you set the delay to 0 with a 100+ connection?
    #1 the ping values we use are the result of one ping, we should probably be doing ten and averaging them. In all likelihood it's a lot higher. #2 as Ponder said in the networking thread, if you put your delay at 0 with a high ping, you ARE actually affecting the game speed, both theirs and yours. The More You Know, I guess. #3 it might run slow on PAL, we're still confirming, but I dunno where you live so you might be getting PAL opponents? That would run at 80% speed no matter the connection...
    Señor Mike Z, a few doubts and a suggestion about the Xbox 360 version:
    Is it really mandatory to have the "Exit game" option in the pause menu?
    We got told it was mandatory by a group it's impossible to argue with if you want to ship a game. Now I can use these complaints to try to get around that for a patch (^.^) but yeah, I thought it was rather odd as well.
  • Desov2Desov2 Joined: Posts: 65
    Playing on the PS3 and I was playing against someone in versus mode and I got the trophy instant hair dash, but I didn't the 9th pallet for FIllia. Is that a bug or is that just the wrong trophy? I didn't have any other pallets unlocked for Fillia if that helps.
    Thanks Mike. I just froze on the Maple stage after 3 successful games (and 1 of them was on it) so i'll redownload the client, and I guess I'll move my 360 around, although it's been playing games like this for a good 6 months and I've never had problems, hopefully this will fix it because this game is amazing and I'd love to keep playing online.
    - Unfortunately, I have zero idea how to help you, other than suggesting it might be your NAT (network address translation) which basically means bring your system somewhere with internet hooked up differently from yours and try it there. Or plug it directly into your modem/internet box, rather than into a router or anything else, and see if that helps.
    I can't even play the game offline.

EDIT: Okay, I deleted and reinstalled, ditched my SE, and used my Hori with nothing else in the other USB slots. Now it's working. Still no luck with my other stick, though. I can play the game now, so I'm happy. Hopefully this all gets worked out with the patch that addresses custom controllers, although my SE has stock guts. New buttons, JLF, and shaft, but everything inside is standard.

Mike Z was cool enough to send me a message about it, which is greatly appreciated. I respect the fact that you're paying attention to the players.
  • AnotakAnotak mad scientist Joined: Posts: 1,814
    Console : PS3, the old fat 60gb one that can play ps2 games
    Game mode glitch occurred in : trying to get a ranked match
    Type of glitch : Network
    Other : wired internet
    my online was working fine yesterday, i played about 6 ranked matches i think.
    I try to get a quickmatch. it goes through steps until "initializing... joining lobby" and then it says Error Joining Lobby or Error Creating Room. it was doing this for quite a bit, but now as i'm writing this post to see the error message it got to the "waiting for a tier 8 opponent" screen...

okay i waited a long time, and nobody joined so i hit select and tried again... and then i was getting the error again.
    leaderboards seem to work fine, and i managed to join an unranked room with no issue.
    im hype for ssf4 remix!
    Console : PS3
    Game mode glitch occurred in : trying to get a ranked match
    Ranked on 360 it will match you with anyone, best match first, since it is built into TrueSkill. On PS3 will only match you with people in your same tier, because we had to write matchmaking ourselves, so we hoped that was enough. Clearly it isn't, I've had the same issue, so this WILL get fixed.

I appreciate the creation of that form.
  • HuberHuber the fire in our throats will beckon the thaw Joined: Posts: 362
    Is this "hitbox glitch" only happening on 360? Fuck man I'm kicking myself for not buying a PS3 years ago when I had the chance.
    pronounced "hue" + "bur"
  • SRKmindSRKmind Joined: Posts: 57
    Console : PS3
    Console model : slim
    Hard drive size : 120gb (I think, not sure)
    Game mode glitch occurred in : Online Ranked
    Team and assists you used (if you remember) : I believe it was Parasoul (HP Napalm Shot)/Valentine (HP Syringe load)
    Team and assists opponent used (if you remember) : Solo Painwheel
    Stage being played : Little Innsmouth
    Type of glitch : Hardware froze :(
    Other : When it happened, Parasoul was down. I blocked a Painwheel j.MP while airborne, then got hit by her air super right after. It was frozen with Painwheel's upper half offscreen while she's leaning back.
  • SubliminalreaperSubliminalreaper Joined: Posts: 2
    ps3 80 gb
    game freezes whenever i try to change button config have to exit the config screen after each button change.
    freezes between loading screens have to press home button to start loading.
    only recognizes X,square,and triangle.
    because of these its unplayable so im not sure if there are any others.
    deleted and am now reinstalling to see if it helps .
  • BanzboyBanzboy Neo Angelo Joined: Posts: 306
    I don't know if it is on purpose or not but the unlock full game tab is still there on the menu but not highlighted. Kinda redundant to have it there when you already purchased the game right? Really a non game breaking thing I know but I just wanted to point it out
    Currently training - Nova, Spencer, Super Skrull
    Skullgirls - Ms. Fortune, Filia, Valentine
    OG 64 Smash - Link (yes I know)
    Jem & Asura for SUMVC3