Skullgirls GD, Keepin' It Classy In Medici -- Now out in EU/AU!

HellfromaboveHellfromabove Joined: Posts: 2,575 mod
THE GAME IS OUT SO NO MORE TALK ABOUT ANYTHING.
  • Keep the discussion general in here.
  • If you are posting something that belongs in another forum, you will be given an infraction.
  • No quoting images or videos. Yes, that even goes for spoiler tags. You will be given and infraction.
  • No talk about sexism or you will get an infraction.
  • No posting useless posts and stuff. You will be given an infraction.
  • NO TIER TALK. You will be given an infraction.
Other than that, have fun.

-Tha Hindu
·

Comments

• AndoTheCommandoAndoTheCommando Sorry I'm late! Joined: Posts: 2,579 ✭✭
    Still has that new thread smell...
    "If I can't beat it, it's probably broken."- Ben Perkins
    ·
  • SDoubleYooSDoubleYoo SoCal Joined: Posts: 71
    Launch Party! :rock:
    Tron / Nova / Racoon
    Sakura / Oni
    Valentine / Parasoul / Filia
    XBL: skawty888
    ·
  • JampJamp Toxic Beauty Joined: Posts: 7,387 mod
    Damn, I'm in love with this game but I don't have the time to actually play it for yet another day.
    "Hey man if I lose to it, I'm pretty sure that makes it braindead." - AceKillah
    ·
  • CallistoCallisto Chicago's Freest Joined: Posts: 1,601 ✭✭
    Mike Z made a point some where about how knee jerk reactions were probably going to be made, but in time counters would be developed, and counters to that etc...
    You mean like...every FG ever? Who'd have thought!

XBL: BG Callisto

YT Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSassageKing
    Twitch Channel: http://www.twitch.tv/bgcallisto

USF4 Sakura Combo Compendium Companion Blog: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/thesassageking

·
  • Sanger ZonvoltSanger Zonvolt Future Cyberbots Pro Joined: Posts: 1,529
    Woo new thread.

Painwheel flight cancels are fun.

So what character is everyone enjoying most so far? I'm really liking the feel of Cerebella and Valentine, Cerebella's combos feel so fluent, and Valentine just has alot of awesome set ups.

I don't under how Peacock's air combos work yet though.
    Sword of Sophia and fightan games
    Cyberbots: Super-8 & Helion
    Vampire Savior: Lilith, Jedah, and Demitri
    Skullgirls: Painwheel/Filia/Squigly
    ·
  • BoodendorfBoodendorf Imposing your will is a matter of strength. Joined: Posts: 1,465
    This is to continue from the other thread to people talking about how training and tutorial mode never improved their game, it's the total opposite for me. I mostly improve thanks to training mode.
    Woo new thread.

So what character is everyone enjoying most so far? I'm really liking the feel of Cerebella and Valentine, Cerebella's combos feel so fluent, and Valentine is just has alot of awesome set ups.

Surprisingly I'm enjoying much more Filia than Parasoul. She almost remembers me of the only thing I liked in vanilla and umvc3: Spencer. So much fun and such a perfect character for me.
    "‎I don't know if you've ever let someone down, got your ass kicked or straight up failed. But those are the moments that define us. They push you further than you've ever thought possible, and force you to make choices. No matter what the cost." — Cole MacGrath
    Check out my youtube channel here!
    Skullgirls: Hamburger/Befstróganov/Filet Mignon ლ(´ڡ`ლ)
    ·
  • ViolentDjangoViolentDjango KEEP CALM and EWGF Joined: Posts: 1,170
    Damn, I'm in love with this game but I don't have the time to actually play it for yet another day.
    Spoiler:

On the edge of my energy levels lately. Either having to give up practicing SFxT and SG or working out -- and I'm not giving up working out.

Won't get to play until later in the week when I actually get some rest.
    [SIZE=14px]SFxTK: Lars/Kazuya, Bryan/Marduk | P4U: Undecided | BBCS: Valkenhayn[/SIZE]
    Fundamentals: [OO~~~] | Theory: [OOOO~] | Execution: [OO~~~] | Beast Mode: [OO~~~]
    Check out my Nerd Dating/Life Advice Blog: www.AskGeekLink.com
    ·
  • Chef BorjanChef Borjan Joined: Posts: 807
    You mean like...every FG ever? Who'd have thought!
    Lol, you don't have to tell me that, I was point out it out to someone calling it bland already.
    ·
    Woo new thread.

So what character is everyone enjoying most so far? I'm really liking the feel of Cerebella and Valentine, Cerebella's combos feel so fluent, and Valentine is just has alot of awesome set ups.

Initially I was just all about Valentine, but after 10 minutes with Filia I really liked her and I think I'll be running at least 2 if not 3 characters now. I really want to find ways to work Cerebella's s.MP into Valentine combos as an assist.
    Lol, you don't have to tell me that, I was point out it out to someone calling it bland already.
    Oh yeah lol, that wasn't at you, just in agreement with you.

USF4 Sakura Combo Compendium Companion Blog: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/thesassageking

·
  • CrimsonMoonMistCrimsonMoonMist Joined: Posts: 397
    So.. what about a EU PSN release date?
    Getting kinda worried now that all other releases have been covered.
    ·
    Also did MS give any disposition yet on XBL netplay borkage?

·
  • Mr. XMr. X Non Stop ∞ Climax Joined: Posts: 20,019 ✭✭✭
    "You are all just as bad as the people you hate. You're only interested in characters based on tears." - Since1717
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
    PSN: X_the_Genius | GGPO: Mr X | Skype: MisterEcks
    ·
  • doyoudigwormsdoyoudigworms RIP Moebius Joined: Posts: 569
    Took a while to download the demo yesterday but once I got it loaded up I was really impressed with the presentation. Really stellar considering the price point. Immediately I felt at home with this game. I swear this game has a Darkstalkers/X-Men: COTA mixture in general gameplay and MVC2/CVS engine elements for good measure. Really fluid and fun.

I think I'm going to settle on Parasoul she feels different than a lot of the cast being charge and having a ton of command normals which make her feel very 3rd Strike-esque.
    3S: Q / VS: Aulbath / P4U: Mitsuru / ST: DeeJay / KOFXIII: Elisabeth/Takuma/Ash
    ·
    I didn't try much of Parasoul but her walk is fucking awesome

·
  • Master_MindMaster_Mind Minette Z Joined: Posts: 300
    Someone tell me how to unlock the Kneesocks palette for Parasoul right now or else I'm taking this game back to the store.
    GT: MasterMind34
    ·
  • AmpAmp Joined: Posts: 533 ✭✭✭
    I had claimed before that apparently I was caught unfortunate that the game was not yet released for Silver XBL members.

Apparently I was wrong, but I don't know why people were buying, while I wasn't able to.

Either way, bought and paid for now. Good to go.

I'll hook up the Xbox this weekend.
    GFWL/XBL: Amperture
    Yes, I play on keyboard. Get yourself a KBC Poker.
    Looking for a good keyboard -> console converter.
    ·
  • zferoliezferolie Hello Nurse! Joined: Posts: 1,406
    Spoiler:

On the edge of my energy levels lately. Either having to give up practicing SFxT and SG or working out -- and I'm not giving up working out.

Won't get to play until later in the week when I actually get some rest.

I just sent you a message about the last thing you said in the old thread.
    Someone tell me how to unlock the Kneesocks palette for Parasoul right now or else I'm taking this game back to the store.

I also want to know this, as well as Peacock's Cirno outfit.
    ·
  • shiningnegroshiningnegro Joined: Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭
    I would of liked if i was able to fight the CPU in Versus, and have it like KOF where if i pick Random Characters after the match is done it re-random characters. The AI is so good.
    Lone Wolf Pack Interactive (New Indie Game Company)
    PSN: OneNappyNinja
    Main Games: TTT2 (Mains - Lily/Bruce) & SSF4:AE2012 (Main - Ibuki)
    SRK Fairy Gym Leader (Wifi) Friend Code: 1693-0954-9411
    ·
  • ArachnofiendArachnofiend Double Uzis and a Wink Joined: Posts: 2,058
    I know you get one costume for the story mode, one costume for the arcade mode, and one costume for getting that character's achievement.
    Skullgirls: Peacock/Parasoul Marvel 2: BB Hood/Juggernaut/Ruby Heart Marvel 3: Tron/Strange/Skrull BlazBlue CSE: Hazama Vampire Savior: BB Hood
    ·
  • Dantemustdie00Dantemustdie00 Joined: Posts: 255
    I will say this.

Cerebella is the best grappler I have ever played as!
    ·
    I honestly didn't expect to like Parasoul as much as I do. Damn you, Mike Z, for making me play as a charge character.
    ·
    I honestly didn't expect to like Parasoul as much as I do. Damn you, Mike Z, for making me play as a charge character.

Unfortunately, I suck at charge characters, and so far I still suck as her...
    ·
    I honestly didn't expect to like Parasoul as much as I do. Bless you, Mike Z, for showing me the light of the charge character.
    Fixed that for you.
    Skullgirls: Peacock/Parasoul Marvel 2: BB Hood/Juggernaut/Ruby Heart Marvel 3: Tron/Strange/Skrull BlazBlue CSE: Hazama Vampire Savior: BB Hood
    ·
  • SDoubleYooSDoubleYoo SoCal Joined: Posts: 71
    Been playing this all morning its so fun! Do we know what unlocks palette colors 7,8,9,10 yet?
    Tron / Nova / Racoon
    Sakura / Oni
    Valentine / Parasoul / Filia
    XBL: skawty888
    ·
    7, 8, and 9 are for playing the character in story mode, playing the character in arcade, and getting the character specific achievement (not necessarily in that order). I haven't seen anyone figure out how to get 10.
    ·
    7, 8, and 9 are for playing the character in story mode, playing the character in arcade, and getting the character specific achievement (not necessarily in that order). I haven't seen anyone figure out how to get 10.

Ok, thanks!
    ·
  • ViolentDjangoViolentDjango KEEP CALM and EWGF Joined: Posts: 1,170
    I just sent you a message about the last thing you said in the old thread.

I also want to know this, as well as Peacock's Cirno outfit.

Yeah. The mushin concept pretty much sums up the thing a lot of people are lacking when it comes to fighters. Understanding, developing, and maintaining proper mushin during pressure situations is paramount to doing well.
    [SIZE=14px]SFxTK: Lars/Kazuya, Bryan/Marduk | P4U: Undecided | BBCS: Valkenhayn[/SIZE]
    Fundamentals: [OO~~~] | Theory: [OOOO~] | Execution: [OO~~~] | Beast Mode: [OO~~~]
    Check out my Nerd Dating/Life Advice Blog: www.AskGeekLink.com
    ·
  • Mr. XMr. X Non Stop ∞ Climax Joined: Posts: 20,019 ✭✭✭
    Marie's voice is way too low and having no audio cue (don't think there's one, she seems to say the same things for different moves) before she throws the big multi-hitting snake thing makes things harder.
    "You are all just as bad as the people you hate. You're only interested in characters based on tears." - Since1717
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
    PSN: X_the_Genius | GGPO: Mr X | Skype: MisterEcks
    ·
    Marie's voice is way too low and having no audio cue (don't think there's one, she seems to say the same things for different moves) before she throws the big multi-hitting snake thing makes things harder.
    I welcome the challenge. Galactus loudly announcing every damn thing he does makes it difficult to lose once you've got the tells memorized; Marie is much closer to Yami in terms of difficulty. Hell, Yami even has that final version that floats at jump height so you can't use most of your grounded options on him.

Just be grateful Marie doesn't have a command grab.
    ·
    I welcome the challenge. Galactus loudly announcing every damn thing he does makes it difficult to lose once you've got the tells memorized; Marie is much closer to Yami in terms of difficulty. Hell, Yami even has that final version that floats at jump height so you can't use most of your grounded options on him.

Just be grateful Marie doesn't have a command grab.
    Well it's also a problem because I can barely hear what she says in her intro.
    ·
  • Master ChibiMaster Chibi .: Dynamites! :. Joined: Posts: 14,934 mod
    holy balls I played online for like 4 hours yesterday, the amount of cerebella's I ran into were staggering

Also my friend picked up a camera that we'll be recording ourselves playing on, much like CC did with online matches.

Sure it's not high end shit but whatever, look forward to it!
    ·
    Well it's also a problem because I can barely hear what she says in her intro.

Yeah. For me I just want to know what she says. Some of her intro's/win's seem specific, like to Peacock.
    ·
    Yeah. For me I just want to know what she says. Some of her intro's/win's seem specific, like to Peacock.
    Well in her intro against Peacock she just says "Patricia..." and her win quote is "I told/warned you not to come".

I've got pretty good hearing. :U
    ·
  • QETZLQETZL Needs more Salt. Joined: Posts: 492
    With Filia/Cerebella, she mentions that after they die, the rest of the Medici's will follow. Or so I recall.
    "I have been experimenting with cock lately." - Girlystyle
    Canada represent! If that's not too much trouble.
    (QETZL : PSN/XBLA)
    ·
  • AceZTellerAceZTeller 1:9? Bring it. Joined: Posts: 121
    Ah, that new thread feeling!

Can't wait to get home and start messing around in training mode. I'll be honest though, I was surprised at Filia. She seems a lot more fun to play as than I originally thought.

BTW, lol at the tier list above.
    Made In Detroit
    UMVC3: V. Joe/RR/Arthur

If my match-up during a 3 win tournament is 1:9, I've just gotta think in terms of 3:27.
    ·
    Can't wait to get home and start messing around in training mode. I'll be honest though, I was surprised at Filia. She seems a lot more fun to play as than I originally thought.
    That was the #1 thing I took away from the demo, I basically considered Filia the 'shoto' of this game, and was very pleasantly surprised when I actually played her. For having a relatively small moveset she was a blast to play, thinking I'm going to go with Valentine + Filia to start.

·
    Yeah. The mushin concept pretty much sums up the thing a lot of people are lacking when it comes to fighters. Understanding, developing, and maintaining proper mushin during pressure situations is paramount to doing well.

I'm going to try an impliment that somehow. If I can keep my thoughts calm around friends playing this game, then I just need to get it up to where I can handle it around online and stuff
    ·
  • jamiejame911jamiejame911 Ever learning Joined: Posts: 424
    Who has better air to ground moves/mix-ups: Valentine or Pain?

Who zones better: Para or Peacock?

:-p
    Casually playing:
    SFIV: Fei, Yun
    ST: Ryu, Deejay
    SG: Valentine
    ·
  • BoodendorfBoodendorf Imposing your will is a matter of strength. Joined: Posts: 1,465
    Oh man I finally managed to land a full combo with Filia online today! I'm so happy <3.
    "‎I don't know if you've ever let someone down, got your ass kicked or straight up failed. But those are the moments that define us. They push you further than you've ever thought possible, and force you to make choices. No matter what the cost." — Cole MacGrath
    Check out my youtube channel here!
    Skullgirls: Hamburger/Befstróganov/Filet Mignon ლ(´ڡ`ლ)
    ·
    Who has better air to ground moves/mix-ups: Valentine or Pain?

Who zones better: Para or Peacock?

:-p

Put all four names into a hat, then put the hat on your head and start playing >:|
    ·
  • QETZLQETZL Needs more Salt. Joined: Posts: 492
    This may just be me (In light of some of the reviews), but as I've moved through the story modes, I've come to really appreciate the AI punishing me for stupid stuff (And subsequently falling to some patience and conversion of opportunity). It's not perfect, but it feels like the disconnect between the AI opponents and real people is only getting smaller.

If this was intentional, then props out to the AI guy(s?).
    "I have been experimenting with cock lately." - Girlystyle
    Canada represent! If that's not too much trouble.
    (QETZL : PSN/XBLA)
    ·
  • jamiejame911jamiejame911 Ever learning Joined: Posts: 424
    Ive been on Val for the last half a day. Trying to see what people's opinions are. I do like that, seemingly, both styles of rushdown and zoning work.
    Casually playing:
    SFIV: Fei, Yun
    ST: Ryu, Deejay
    SG: Valentine
    ·
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Quantum Theorist. Liquid Dubstep Energy Joined: Posts: 33,381 ✭✭✭✭✭
    holy balls I played online for like 4 hours yesterday, the amount of cerebella's I ran into were staggering

Also my friend picked up a camera that we'll be recording ourselves playing on, much like CC did with online matches.

Sure it's not high end shit but whatever, look forward to it!

You know everyone's gonna try to rollface on a good grappler. LOL.
    Ready for first KI at Evo 2k14 SRK'S DAY ONE XBOX ONE/KILLER INSTINCT OWNERS: DevilJin01(GLACIUS, FULGORE, SADIRA maybe Orchid), Purbeast, Koop, Rcaido, FlyingVe, Eiroheart, Onyx, Mayonaka, Lulipe, iluspook, Ultimaotaku, Rekano, Churrasco, DIEK STIEKEM ------- XBL: TheoryJin PSN: PervyJin01
    ·
    You know everyone's gonna try to rollface on a good grappler. LOL.

I'm serious I had to have ran into at least 8 separate Cerebella's.

At the very least I know how to keep her the hell off of me much better now.
    ·
  • Dantemustdie00Dantemustdie00 Joined: Posts: 255
    So, was anyone else surprised that Minette has a noes?:rofl:

So many fan art of Minette with that chibi style face, bet they didn't see the noes coming. She still looks adorable either way!:D
    ·
  • RekanoRekano ONE MORE ONCE Joined: Posts: 602
    Having a fucking blast with Parasoul. Gotta engrave these charge attacks after blockstrings in my brain. Also. I may just be Mahvel enough for a 3 character team after all cause Peacock and Valentine are too great. Peacock's "Try and hit me, fucker" playstyle with Val weighing in on that anchor, her command throw is so dirty as an assist.
    -Rekano OuTz
    "Chris Hansen can't stop them titties."-Geese Pants
    ·
  • RavidrathRavidrath Joined: Posts: 761
    Hey, everybody.

The XBLA online multiplayer issue should be resolved now.

Restart your game and you should be good to go!
    ·
  • Nitro NoodlezNitro Noodlez ヽ(*゚д゚)ノ Joined: Posts: 5,878
    That's weird, I did all three of these with Filia and only unlocked color 7 and 8. I want my Miku palette. =(
    ·
  • JPremJPrem King God Head Joined: Posts: 496
    Is it just me or is Double's voice seem a little low? It was pretty hard to hear her during her intro, whereas I could hear everyone else just fine...
    UMvC3: Vergil/Dr. Strange/Dr. Doom + Trish/Viper/Iron Fist
    BlazBlue: Relius/Valkenhayn/Platinum/Hazama
    Skullgirls: Ms Fortune/Double/Parasoul
    ·
    SO, Ms. Fortune Players. DO you think she is best on a team, or solo?
    Having a fucking blast with Parasoul. Gotta engrave these charge attacks after blockstrings in my brain. Also. I may just be Mahvel enough for a 3 character team after all cause Peacock and Valentine are too great. Peacock's "Try and hit me, fucker" playstyle with Val weighing in on that anchor, her command throw is so dirty as an assist.

Oh Valentine's command throw is an amazing assist. I am going to combin it with Peacock for a similar situation as yours.
    ·
This discussion has been closed.