• GamogoGamogo Common sense isn't. Joined: Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭✭
    1.) Wait two years
    2.) Replace the current battle director and producer
    3.) Ditch Ultras
    4.) Ditch the derp input leniency
    5.) ST style throw tech
    6.) Local options for team play and tournament ladders
    7.) Less gameplay compromise as a means to appease new/beginner players
    8.) Extended training mode options, ability to use training mode with a buddy online, ability to accept matches whilst killing time in training mode rather than aracade mode.
    9.) Stronger AI that actually exercises common strategy and techniques. Frame traps, footsies, cancels, links. Nobody is expecting T-800 level AI, but geezus we can do a LOT better. Perhaps offer some levels of customisation in AI for training mode dummies. Crank up the defense, or perhaps the aggression. Enable higher likelyhood for footsies or frame traps, meter burning combos, etc.

10.) Above all, don't rush it. Take your time. Don't pump a mediocre release out to capitalise on the "SF5" moniker, or perhaps seize a slot on the next-console release date. The fans will appreciate a slow-baked and thoughtful release rather than a rushed out disappointment begging for day one patching. It would also be refreshing to see them focus properly on quality rather than appeasing the ridiculous swathe of character requests that seems to be gaining popularity lately. 40 odd characters is getting ridiculous, particularly for Street Fighter. I also feel a prominent part of the design process should be tournament play and the logistics that entails given what we have learned since IV's original release (button configs, local ladder generation, perhaps a portable USB enabled stats card/dongle, etc).

Lastly, I'd also like to hope for a Taito-X2 targeted platform release again. Granted this will again subject SF5 to the limitations of the current-Gen Taito-X2 arcade hardware and home console's capabilities, but the fact is that anything targeted to next-Gen consoles as a technology baseline will potentially cut out an arcade release UNLESS we see comparative arcade hardware come out in-line with next-Gen consoles, which is something I think unlikely.

Why? Because Street Fighter is an arcade game. If a true SF sequel came out that DIDN'T cater to the arcade (i.e. Japan), something essential to Street Fighter's soul will be missing and I strongly believe it will be reflected in the product and its perception from fans. It will cheapen it. Also, SFIV's distribution across Japan and other countries (USA, Australia, various parts of Asia, etc) means established arcade machines are already out there awaiting a true sequel via a simple HDD swap. The arcade spirit of SF will be continued if a sequel targeting those established platforms is released, whereas if the target platform is no longer Taito-X2, you're going to be hard pressed to see arcade owners take the risky investment in buying yet ANOTHER round of arcade hardware to run the game. However if the sequel is a simple HDD swap out, sales and continued popularity is likely to be strong.

I guess what I'm saying is that its important SF doesn't get carried away with the bells and whistles we've seen creep into SFxT and at its core remains a rock solid arcade fighting game, period. Capcom are welcome to fuck around with whatever outlandish ideas they have for new IP or other existing IP they want to sodomise, but for the love of Satan and everything unholy do not fuck with SF.

Apologies for the rant xD
    Guacamole is awesome.
  • RedVegaRedVega Joined: Posts: 768 ✭✭✭
  • Crabcakes410Crabcakes410 Joined: Posts: 191
    No DLC.
    Less focus on special attacks, and a lot less focus on long combos.
    Stronger, faster normal buttons, and shorter stages.
  • Axl_m4sterAxl_m4ster This is how I look like, don't make fun Joined: Posts: 2,423
    now to the roster,

8x Classic
    Ryu, Ken, Chunli, Blanka, Honda, Dhalsim, Guile, Zangief
    4x Turbo
    Cammy, Deejay, Hawk, Feilong
    4x Boss
    M.Bison, Sagat, Balrog, Vega
    4x Big Boss
    Akuma, Gouken, Oni, Goutetsu
    6x Alpha
    Sakura, Cody, Gen, Rose, Karin, Birdie
    6x 3rd Strike
    Yun, Yang, Makoto, Ibuki, Dudley, Oro
    4x SSF4
    Abel, C.Viper, Rufus, Juri
    4x New
    description below*
    remove Gouken, Oni, Akuma, Dudley, Oro, Rufus..
    then insert Guy, Rolento, and a few SF EX series characters that aren't shoto and are distinctive...
    and thats you're kick ass roster.

AND NO F'IN PARRYS FROM 3RD STRIKE!
    sometimes i really hate 3rd striker posters.
    i swear mang. let the love of parrying go already.
    AND NO F'IN GROOVES OR ISMS EITHER.
    the grooves and isms are fine for cvs3 or alpha 4.
    no gimmicky shenanigans in plain SF from now on.

now for the turd strikers to voice their hate hate hate upon me.

*twirls long thin mustache while laughing a evil sinister laugh*
    LOGIC AND REASON ARE OVERRATED VIRTUES.
  • Axl_m4sterAxl_m4ster This is how I look like, don't make fun Joined: Posts: 2,423
    just let Crafts & Miester take over SF5 development.
    All problems resolved with that one single decision.
    LOGIC AND REASON ARE OVERRATED VIRTUES.
  • TebboTebbo Play. Joined: Posts: 3,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That SF$ remake was amazing. Why is this the first time I am seeing this?

rainbow edition sf4?????????????????????????????????????/

axel master:
    suck a big fat cock
    Play more.
  • OuroborusOuroborus plays 3s just to troll Joined: Posts: 6,957 ✭✭✭✭
    x-factor
    ssf4ae tier list regarding Gen:

D Proto: and where is Gen?
    oORYUOo: you cannot tier what you cannot see
  • black shoemakerblack shoemaker black hatmaker Joined: Posts: 995 ✭✭
    3 years since vanilla was released on consoles, and people already want the next installment.

what the fuck guys? AE hasn't been played to its full potential. We don't need another Capcom fighter after the clusterfucks that are Marvel 3 and SFxT.

Give cap another 5 or 6 years, and maybe then, they'll release SF5.
    jerb
  • NickRocksNickRocks On the west side I'm screaming FUCK KD Joined: Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no hope that Capcom will ever make a good fighter again

just release arcade perfect ports of MvC2 for modern consoles and I'll be a happy camper

do you even know what you are asking for

• 0sh0sh Sumgai Joined: Posts: 421
    10.) Above all, don't rush it. Take your time. Don't pump a mediocre release out to capitalise on the "SF5" moniker, or perhaps seize a slot on the next-console release date. The fans will appreciate a slow-baked and thoughtful release rather than a rushed out disappointment begging for day one patching. It would also be refreshing to see them focus properly on quality rather than appeasing the ridiculous swathe of character requests that seems to be gaining popularity lately. 40 odd characters is getting ridiculous, particularly for Street Fighter. I also feel a prominent part of the design process should be tournament play and the logistics that entails given what we have learned since IV's original release (button configs, local ladder generation, perhaps a portable USB enabled stats card/dongle, etc).

This. An not just because it'd make the game better (though that is the primary reason). After the complete abortion of a game that was SFxT and the comparatively low quality of other recent games, Capcom has a lot of work to do to convince people that their games are still worth playing. And if they develop a bad reputation, then we will see less sales and that might mean no more SF at all.

Also, the comment on tournament play is spot on. Focusing on the what the 'average' player apparently wants is not a good idea for games that are as explicitly competitive as in the fighting genre. Keeping the tourney players happy will keep the majority happy as well, but the opposite does not hold true. That's not to say that the games shouldn't be accessible, but that the game would be overall better if they payed more attention to the serious player rather than the one that will fire off a few hadouken before moving on to some FPS.
    SFIV: Sakura (Juri?) | Skullgirls: Fortune/Bella | LB2: Yuki
  • bitbna1bitbna1 Joined: Posts: 897
    Put every mechanic from every capcom game in SF5. The complete clusterfuck of gameplay will attract casuals.
    Put every mechanic from every capcom game in SF5. The complete clusterfuck of gameplay will attract casuals.
    Not least because that would make button mashing a better than normal strategy.
    As for the roster ideas I hope to god that the next game has a smaller roster. I'm tired of games having 35+ characters but only 5 or 6 of them are really good. What's the point of huge rosters if 3/4 of the characters don't get used?

I get that this was meant as a rhetorical question, but when you take into account all of the characters that are at least competitive in the hands of a good player, that increases the number somewhat. The rest are probably there to increase the perceived depth of the game and metagame (More characters! It must be a better game!) and to increase the chances of unexpected features being found in a character's moveset that increases the longevity of the game somewhat.
  • VoxerilVoxeril GOTTA GO FAST Joined: Posts: 382
    Needs more Hakan
    SF4AE2012: Cody/Hakan
    Sf X T: Ogre/Hugo
    Sonic Battle: Knuckles

Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • ProjectjusticeProjectjustice Sonic Boom! Joined: Posts: 1,826 ✭✭
    First Capcom shouldnt even think about making SF5 till the next generation of consoles are in full swing so we can get better overall graphics and physics. Capcom should really explore the physics of attacks more. They kinda did with SF3 and SF4 but they never fully went into it. Capcom always comes up with a new feature with their fighters. SF3 had Parries, SF4 had focus attacks so I expect a completely new fighting feature for SF5. I really hope that they actually advance the story. Let some time pass, lets see Ryu and Ken older with more developered skill set. Lets see Ken's son Mel enter the tournament. Sakura not a teenager anymore and ect... That would be really interesting and just the natural progression of the series. SF has been stuck in the SF2 era for a while now and its getting old.
    Supercade, XBL and GGPO tags: Projectjustice
  • KindredSpiritzKindredSpiritz Joined: Posts: 189 ✭✭
    I have some few ideas for Street Fighter 5:

I think classics should be in it such as Ryu, Ken and Chun Li, maybe this is a given but this crucial to retain a fan base. Also any new Street Fighter has to have Akuma in it. Maybe the vast majority of the cast being new or directly related to other characters, Mel, Gouken's daughter, Cain (the boy Balrog found) or Chun Li's adopted child. New characters should be from nationalities new to SF such as Australia, Canada etc.

The roster should also be less in numbers, subsequent editions of 5 will have additional characters.

Storyline should be after III.
  • griffingriffin Joined: Posts: 6
    I realize I'm probably going to get flamed for this, but I know everyone is against shortcuts that make the game easier for beginners. Would you have a problem with an option to switch to four button layout instead? I think it might make the game more approachable from a beginner's standpoint, but the execution and timing is still there. Good compromise or dumb idea?
  • RyuReiatsuRyuReiatsu Joined: Posts: 215
    Who says I don't want to learn that many matchups? A game with that many characters would be amazing and I'd be set for life, as long as it was good and not a retarded "follow this rigid strategy perfectly or die" game like SF4.

Most or all of the ideas in this thread are idiotic as hell to be honest. You all apparently want the games to emulate other games instead of being its own unique game, I don't think anyone here knows what's best for the series to advance. You keep posting suggestions that de-evolve the game rather than improve it. "Oh I want it to have this thing from Alpha and this thing from SFXT and put in FADCs and no parrying and blah blah blah"; it's always like this instead of coming up with new ideas. You also worry endlessly about balance and patching and updating failing to realize that THE BEST SF GAMES OF ALL TIME never gave the slightest shit about balance, they just strived to make the most fun games they can. You just want it to be like this game or like that game and not bring anything new to the table simply because you're scared of improvements and think that all future ideas will be stupid things like comeback mechanics in SF4. I agree that comeback mechanics are an idiotic addition but that does not mean you should fear change. If Capcom's going to be listening to us we should always strive to push the series forward and not with stupid things like ultras or gems.

Capcom needs to stop worrying about balance and just throw that whole concept in the toilet. Just make a fun game with tons of characters with all of them as strong as they can possibly be and FUCK the whole concept of balance, every fighter that's considered "balanced" is almost always boring and shitty.

The way I see it Capcom should only step in with a patch or update ONLY to fix extremely broken shit like game-breaking/freezing glitches or inescapable infinites. Other than that they leave the meat to the sharks.

I've never seen so much crap being spewed like this.

Fuck balance? The hell are you smoking? ST was a game that was created around balance, a revision of the previous SF2. It's widely recognized as one of the best fighters out there. Guilty Gear XX AC is considered amongst the best and most balanced fighters and it's because it's a revision that looked into balancing the cast. What did they do? Broke everybody to the point that the whold cast was broken enough to kick each and everyone's ass almost equally. 3rd Strike, although often considered the reason behind (casual) 2D Fighters' death, is also an excellent game (by far my favorite.)

What do these 3 games have in common? They reward the more skilled players.

ST: Extreme footsies, unsafe jump-ins and strict inputs. Hard to combo (but very well worth the trouble, the reward is immense.)

GGXXAC: Very fast paced. Bizarre movements (Double jump, airdash, dash guard cancels, etc.) Strict inputs for combos. Tension building through rushing. Crazy mixup games. Great defensive mechanics that promote reading your opponent's rushdown for hard punishes.

3rd Strike: Parry (the single best feature any fighting game has had IMO), causing bizarre footsies, providing more options in terms of both offense and defense. It also promotes diversity in playstyles (unpredictable move choices) and punishes redundant/predictable blockstrings (unlike MvC3's safe setups with broken characters and SSFIV cr.LP > cr.LP > cr.LK/MP blockstrings.)

I could talk about CvS2 too but there's simply so many grooves that give out so many possibilities that I feel that I do not need to mention it.

Balancing isn't the problem. The problem is Capcom toning down everything instead of powering up what's weaker. GG has a cast consisting of broken characters, and this is what makes it interesting. It's a common misconception that balance = boring. But in all honesty, although horribly balanced, trust me, most if not all O.G. titles were made with balance in mind. It's just that, well, nobody cared for comeback mechanics and easy-mode inputs.

What made old games so amazing was the fact that the more skilled player was always rewarded for knowing the mechanics.

Now, it's all about helping scrubs. I consider myself a casual player and enjoy the hardcore titles the most. Casuals arem't scrubs, scrubs are scrubs.
  • The Final LionThe Final Lion Jean-Decaux Joined: Posts: 394
    I realize I'm probably going to get flamed for this, but I know everyone is against shortcuts that make the game easier for beginners. Would you have a problem with an option to switch to four button layout instead? I think it might make the game more approachable from a beginner's standpoint, but the execution and timing is still there. Good compromise or dumb idea?

If you spread command normals around more generosly, I could see a 4 button layout happening. I suspect it would hurt some characters more then others, charge characters in particular. In the end of the day that does not help anyone though, the difficulty is in using normals, spacing, and whiff punishing stuff ( footsies...). This concept is something that can rarely be learned completely and even a basic understanding of it takes a while.
    Beast to Pray
  • 武俠派武俠派 燈火闌珊處 Joined: Posts: 526 ✭✭
    Eh, I don't think a 4 button layout is going to make a difference. I used to play KOF with their 4 button layouts, when I moved on to SFIV I thought the 6 buttons were difficult to master. Now that I am used to it, I just can't get back to KOF, I feel like a newbie all over again.
  • MorningstarPAerMorningstarPAer Joined: Posts: 107
    My wants are pretty simple:

1. More realistic art style. Love in the ink and brush effects in SF4, but hate the roided up look most male characters have.

2. More substantial single player offering. This means better story lines and better production values for arcade mode. Perhaps a gauntlet mode like BB:CSE has.

3. More extensive training mode options, including online training.

4. Gems, quick combos, and neon colors need to stay far, far away.

5. 2014 release date at the earliest.
    Playing SSFIV:AE, BB:CSE, and Skullgirls.
    PSN: Morningstar_PA | GFWL: Morningstar PA
  • DepsDeps ayep Joined: Posts: 167
    -GGPO
    -faster (shorter stages, shorter jump arcs, faster walk speed)
    -no SF4 graphics engine
    -No Rufus, Viper, Fuerte, Abel, SETH, Yun or any other trash that has too many ways around fundamental based play
    -No crouch tech
    My wants are pretty simple:

1. More realistic art style. Love in the ink and brush effects in SF4, but hate the roided up look most male characters have.

2. More substantial single player offering. This means better story lines and better production values for arcade mode. Perhaps a gauntlet mode like BB:CSE has.

3. More extensive training mode options, including online training.

4. Gems, quick combos, and neon colors need to stay far, far away.

5. 2014 release date at the earliest.
    This.
  • NewGenNewGen aka SUPERDAVE Joined: Posts: 546
    bring in Neo G, that's all. I trust that guy.
    Roster:
    4x Classics (Ryu, Blanka, Dhalsim, Zangief)
    2x Turbo (Cammy, Feilong)
    5x Bosses (Bison, Vega, Sagat, Balrog, Akuma)
    5x 3rd Strike (Alex, Oro, Dudley, Yun, Elena)
    4x Alpha (Birdie, Charlie, Rose, Karin)
    2x SF4 (Juri, Rufus) ---Crying Hands

This is basically another Super Street Fighter IV. This maybe the roster formula they use if they release V in the next few years.

Storyline wise, it seems like the IV storyline regarding SIN isn't over. Maybe we will not see the story progress after III until after V.

I still maintain the position a FEMALE BOSS for SF V.
  • Killer_JigglypuffKiller_Jigglypuff Karakusa is cheap Joined: Posts: 6,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Final boss of SF5 has all the moves of C. Viper, Seth, Rufus, Blanka and El Fuerte.

For maximum salt.
    Student of the Rindou-Kan
  • Bushin ClanBushin Clan Say it with ya Chest! Joined: Posts: 409
    lol was only a matter of time before the SF5 wishlist threads would start popping up
    You mean it's just a matter of time before they make SF5, I can't see people really playing SF 4 AE as much now, not while Skull Girls, KOF XIIII, SF X TEKKEN ( which everybody hates), and UMVC 3 is out. And if Capcom do decide to make that move all they will do is throw in the rest of the Alpha characters along with the rest of the Final Fight characters, Like Hugo's running buddy I can't remember his name but his face use to turn red and he starts yelling and clothesline the hell out you. And once they run out of Final Fight Characters they'll make a deal with Streets of Rage producers, get them in SF 5 AE then you'll look on youtube and people will start complaining about Skate's and Mr. X infinites, then you'll see SF X Tekken X Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, the Intro will be Bebop and Rocksteady will come out the Technodrom and start telling Kazuya and Ryu to say they're prayers and everybody at Evo will then start jizzing and start calling Ono Jesus Christ. You know I'm joking Ono...Really I am ;)
  • MR.MisterMR.Mister retirement Joined: Posts: 264
    1) Fatalities
    2) Killer Instinct style ultras
    3) All females with big boobs
    4) Infinite stages
    :tup:
  • SupdawgsSupdawgs I'm an elephant! Joined: Posts: 60
    A. More fleshed out modes: online practice, better tutorials, more useful challenge mode, etc.
    B. More 'realistic' character design, less steroids, more leaner
  • berahtberaht Joined: Posts: 121
    1. online training mode
    2. Replays of matches to have Fast forward and rewind.
    3. Faster game pace than SF4
    4. get rid of super crazy combeback mechanics but at the same time let the timer feel natural to the game, not have it be such a huge influence as it is in SF x TK but more like Super Turbo
    5. try to balance the characters as best as possible and consider feedback from top players when balancing and perhaps rebalancing the game if needed
    6. single player to have mission mode that can actually help the player in multiplayer battle (for example, a trial where you have to block mixups correctly that get more difficult the higher the level, a trial of hit confirming, a trial of anti-airing, trial of reversals)
    7. frame data given with the game
    8. hit and hurt boxes available in training mode
    9. a diverse list of characters some that were in previous street fighters and others that are new
    10. instead of trial combos being fancy ex's all the time, I'd like the combos to have BnBs.
    11. Heavy footsie based street fighter game, but please no parries but perhaps a new mechanic that is not a gimmick
    12. no characters that have gameplay styles similar to el fuerte or seth
    13. minimal option selects, if possible
  • Bushin ClanBushin Clan Say it with ya Chest! Joined: Posts: 409
    1. online training mode
    2. Replays of matches to have Fast forward and rewind.
    3. Faster game pace than SF4
    4. get rid of super crazy combeback mechanics but at the same time let the timer feel natural to the game, not have it be such a huge influence as it is in SF x TK but more like Super Turbo
    5. try to balance the characters as best as possible and consider feedback from top players when balancing and perhaps rebalancing the game if needed
    6. single player to have mission mode that can actually help the player in multiplayer battle (for example, a trial where you have to block mixups correctly that get more difficult the higher the level, a trial of hit confirming, a trial of anti-airing, trial of reversals)
    7. frame data given with the game
    8. hit and hurt boxes available in training mode
    9. a diverse list of characters some that were in previous street fighters and others that are new
    10. instead of trial combos being fancy ex's all the time, I'd like the combos to have BnBs.
    11. Heavy footsie based street fighter game, but please no parries but perhaps a new mechanic that is not a gimmick
    12. no characters that have gameplay styles similar to el fuerte or seth
    13. minimal option selects, if possible
    This is the answer to the thread, I mean this posts gets big thumbs up for me. Specifically #6 and I couldn't agree more, I think a trial that can focus on blocking mixups on higher level of play is just so key cause not everybody is good at understanding or timing a reverse or when your allowed to dash out of strings, some people including myself get in situation where I just know I'm blocking a cross-over kick after a knockdown then look at the replay and its just a standard Jumping HK, or a persons out Low Jabbing me and I just can't do a thing but just sit there and block, that gets annoying especially when you believe you know the game. Also some players that are trying to get good don't have a sparring partner or a community to go to, to get that help they're looking for, so I just think this will be a good tool to put in. But for new players and average players like myself I just think that this statement just makes the most since. I can see a company actually implementing this in future fighters.
    I know some people yawn and think negatively about SF V.

But look at this way, since IV there has been a released edition involving SF every two years. In fact Squaresoft has been doing the same with Final Fantasy for the past decade.

Ono himself has cited that there will be a six too hopefully.

What does the below sentence mean from eventhubs?
    [SIZE=13px]Ono offered some enlightening details about the future of the Street Fighter franchise in an interview with [/SIZE][SIZE=13px]ScrewAttack[/SIZE][SIZE=13px], saying that Capcom doesn't want to wait like they did previously with SF4 before releasing Street Fighter 5 and 6. He also said they want to continue updating their older titles and rebalancing so people can keep playing them.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13px]Yoshinori talked about splitting up the franchise, with one series more dedicated to the hardcore players and another that would cater more to the casual crowd. Ideally, they'd find a way to merge both, but for right now, heading off in different directions makes more sense.[/SIZE]
  • SNAAAAKESNAAAAKE keptyouwaitinghuh Joined: Posts: 9,320 ✭✭✭✭✭
    xfactor

ultra

roll cancel

big tits
    you must defeat my Shen Long to receive the reward

• mugetsumugetsu Creator Joined: Posts: 186
    Don't make SF5 for like 5 years.

Make SF Alpha 4, gear it towards the hardcore players. HD sprites, basically KOF13 style meter (custom combo and a seperate bar for ex and supers).

Multiple supers. Have a super that builds on a characters strength, and one that covers a weakness. Example: Gief has a grab super but also a super he can combo into for less damage.

Button config on char select with the skullgirls push to assign function.

Easy-expert input leniency in the options menu or also in char select.

In order to create a lengthy single player experience, make story mode either another world tour mode that doubles as training/tutorial with character specific strategy (range, combos, defense). That or make story mode a beat em up with a mini boss, and then the boss for each level is the normal 1v1 fight. Embellish a story instead of just implying one through win quotes and prologue/epilogue "animations." Arcade mode is just normal fights til the last fight. Technically it still keeps the fighting game feel but feels better as a single player experience. I remember as a kid Tekken Force mode was awesome, but I would still play arcade mode too.

As for characters, more is always better. I feel SF4 and KOF13 did pretty good with balancing a large cast. Basically the same thing but you can't solve balance issues without making sure everyone has the same tools (but with different properties and applications, and having to build meter for ex), hence my theory on supers above. You have the meterless character concept, where in a bad matchup you're fucked, but if you have a super that fills in for your main weakness, at least you can make up for that weakness by working to gain that meter. Kinda like how Hwa Jai in KOF 13 arguably has a hard time getting in on someone blocking(don't play the game enough to know if this is true, just follow me here), but has a command grab super.
  • Alexis58Alexis58 Joined: Posts: 6
    avatar3.jpgI would prefer an ability to cancel your own blockstun or avoiding hits to counter directly..
  • xlxlxlxlxlxlxlxl Joined: Posts: 1,947 ✭✭✭
    avatar3.jpgI would prefer an ability to cancel your own blockstun or avoiding hits to counter directly..
    I bet you don't remember me. I guess you won't forget the only way to go when there is nowhere left to roam.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    PSN ID: xlxlxlxl123
    Steam: xlxlxlxl123
    Wait a few years?

You're kidding right? I want it by next year. E3 is in June, after the hype of SF X Tekken...Let's hope for a V.
  • MissionSchabernackMissionSchabernack Joined: Posts: 480
    Whatever.
    Just let El Fuerte and Seth shit out of the game.
  • WyoatWyoat Joined: Posts: 74
    I think Street fighter 5 should make ryu an old man and low tier and have a new character roster.
  • TrappedInLimboTrappedInLimbo SEVEN RINGS OF RAGGADOR Joined: Posts: 35
    I think the roster should look like this:
    Ryu
    Ken
    Sagat
    Birdie
    Akuma
    Chun Li
    M. Bison
    Guile
    Ibuki
    Yun
    Yang
    Oro
    Hugo
    Dhalsim
    Zangief
    Vega
    Kairi
    Garuda
    Vulcano
    E. Honda
    Deejay
    T. Hawk
    Cammy
    Cody
    Guy
    Dan
    Rose
    Karin
    Gouken
    Rolento
    Poison
    Maki
    Makoto
    Juri
    Sodom
    Rufus
    SSF4 AE: Chun Li
    SFxT: Chun Li/Lili, Chun Li/Rolento
    UMVC3: Felicia/Magneto/Chun Li
    SC5: Patrokolos
  • WickedBobWickedBob Dumb Member Joined: Posts: 215
    SFV with OP gems assit/boost, more shortcuts, better quick combos.

Just imagine... a gem that you use and it gives you the round, THE GEM VICTORY : use all your bars but win, it will automatically kill your opponent, the idea is from Ono.
  • fistoftheryustarfistoftheryustar Joined: Posts: 2,110
    SF5 = Ryu with Beard.

SF5 = 2 years after SF3 (none of this it takes place 50 years in the future business.)

SF5 = Bring back classic characters that weren't in SF3's tournament (Just say they were still doing stuff, just not involved in Gill's tournament.)

SF5 = Ryu is still training with Oro. Ken is training Mel. Sean is looking like a contender and not such a Dan. Bison's back fuckin up your shit. Urien defeated Gill.

SF5 = Different artist. Art style in 3S was gdlk. Art style in SF4 = for the kids.

SF5 = Unlockable mode that lets you fight like in the first SF4 trailer. If not, at least try to make the models and scenes look like what we've seen in recent CG trailers.

SF5 = At least 1 new move for each classic character.

SF5 = Next gen console.

Show progression. Don't make mistakes.
    My drawing:
    Mai cheats on Ryu - "Shin Shoryuken!"

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showpost.php?p=7115525&postcount=252
  • WyoatWyoat Joined: Posts: 74
    SF5 = Ryu with Beard.

SF5 = 2 years after SF3 (none of this it takes place 50 years in the future business.)

SF5 = Bring back classic characters that weren't in SF3's tournament (Just say they were still doing stuff, just not involved in Gill's tournament.)

SF5 = Ryu is still training with Oro. Ken is training Mel. Sean is looking like a contender and not such a Dan. Bison's back fuckin up your shit. Urien defeated Gill.

SF5 = Different artist. Art style in 3S was gdlk. Art style in SF4 = for the kids.

SF5 = Unlockable mode that lets you fight like in the first SF4 trailer. If not, at least try to make the models and scenes look like what we've seen in recent CG trailers.

SF5 = At least 1 new move for each classic character.

SF5 = Next gen console.

Show progression. Don't make mistakes.

Exactly what I was thinking.
  • J.DJ.D Fortune favors the prepared... Joined: Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Include low parry only.
    That way, zoning would still be viable, and footsies can take a whole new level.
    And of course, rollback based netcode.
    Twitter: @SRKJD
    UMVC3: Spencer/Dante/Magneto
    XBL: TRUJD3S
  • d3vd3v Stayin' tore 4 lyf. Joined: Posts: 25,096 mod
    Steps for SFV Success:

1. Hire the KoF XIII team away from SNKP and let them make SFV.
    2. Go back to 2d sprites.
    As much as I love traditional sprites, it would probably better if they used the art/shading system that Mike_Z wrote for Skullgirls since it makes the process so much easier. Instead of having to do everything pixel by pixel, the system in Skullgirls uses a shading layer and depth map to have the system automatically add shading and lighting to the art assets.
    I think the roster should look like this:
    Ryu
    Ken
    Sagat
    Birdie
    Akuma
    Chun Li
    M. Bison
    Guile
    Ibuki
    Yun
    Yang
    Oro
    Hugo
    Dhalsim
    Zangief
    Vega
    Kairi
    Garuda
    Vulcano
    E. Honda
    Deejay
    T. Hawk
    Cammy
    Cody
    Guy
    Dan
    Rose
    Karin
    Gouken
    Rolento
    Poison
    Maki
    Makoto
    Juri
    Sodom
    Rufus

Kairi, Garuda, Vulcano are not really SF Canon fighters, they are owned by Arika. The Ex series is not part of official SF series. SF series are 1, 2, 3, 4, Alpha and Final Fight Series are part of the official SF Universe.
  • TrappedInLimboTrappedInLimbo SEVEN RINGS OF RAGGADOR Joined: Posts: 35
    ^^Well besides those 3 does that roster sound good?
    SSF4 AE: Chun Li
    SFxT: Chun Li/Lili, Chun Li/Rolento
    UMVC3: Felicia/Magneto/Chun Li
    SC5: Patrokolos
  • Strike!Strike! Joined: Posts: 26
    Set it after 3 please, Enough of these prequels and midquels in the story. A lot of new fighting games have been trying to do something original with their stories, Tekken 6 had a great story mode. Blazblue at least was trying to do something with the visual novel presentation as terrible as it was. Mortal Kombat had a singular flowing storyline. Only Capcom still seem to be stuck in the rut of adding a 2 minute static scene at the end which doesn't say anything.
  • xLB4EVERxxLB4EVERx Joined: Posts: 69
    I like the idea. Only thing I disagree with is the original characters you chose for the game. Capcom would simply never release a SF game without Ken and Chun-Li. Period.

If it has the name Street Fighter on the box, it has Ryu, Ken and Chun-Li in the game.

P.S. I do however love the roster size. Rosters at present are getting a bit out of hand. I think the sweet spot is around 20, anything over 30 just feels bloated with weak characters.
  • zabel99zabel99 Joined: Posts: 14
    New characters, please. I thought Dictator was a boring character way back in the first game in which you could pick him; you can only imagine how I feel about him now. Tired of endless shotos, tired of Blanka, Guile, Fei Long, Cammy, and most of the old cast. At this point, the more characters existing from 1993 who I see returning in SF5, the less likely I am to want to play it. Let's see more fresh blood as was done with SF3.

As far as mechanics, I'd like to see crossups, especially ambiguous crossups, de-emphasized. They look retarded for one thing ("your foot is way the hell over there and I'm still getting hit?!"), and as has been said by many others, SF is not at its best when it turns into a 50/50 guessing game. To keep things balanced in favor of offense, they may have to add something new to take its place, like a new way you need to block attacks. Like instead of just block high or block low, maybe block high or block low or block middle. (well, it's an idea; I'm sure it's been done before in other fighters I haven't played). Or maybe some new attacks that break the rules by not being blockable in the traditional way--joining the company of throws and lvl3 focuses--but have to be defended against in other ways.

Things I like about SF4 are the combo scaling, damage scaling to keep matches close, focus attacks and all the things that are possible with them, the concept of armor and armor-breaking, and all the humor. Love the humor. It's one of the great things about the game that the Alpha series and SF3 series lacks in comparison (but EX series, Darkstalkers, and Skullgirls has in spades).
  • Crying HandsCrying Hands Joined: Posts: 14
    New characters, please. I thought Dictator was a boring character way back in the first game in which you could pick him; you can only imagine how I feel about him now. Tired of endless shotos, tired of Blanka, Guile, Fei Long, Cammy, and most of the old cast. At this point, the more characters existing from 1993 who I see returning in SF5, the less likely I am to want to play it. Let's see more fresh blood as was done with SF3.

As far as mechanics, I'd like to see crossups, especially ambiguous crossups, de-emphasized. They look retarded for one thing ("your foot is way the hell over there and I'm still getting hit?!"), and as has been said by many others, SF is not at its best when it turns into a 50/50 guessing game. To keep things balanced in favor of offense, they may have to add something new to take its place, like a new way you need to block attacks. Like instead of just block high or block low, maybe block high or block low or block middle. (well, it's an idea; I'm sure it's been done before in other fighters I haven't played). Or maybe some new attacks that break the rules by not being blockable in the traditional way--joining the company of throws and lvl3 focuses--but have to be defended against in other ways.

Things I like about SF4 are the combo scaling, damage scaling to keep matches close, focus attacks and all the things that are possible with them, the concept of armor and armor-breaking, and all the humor. Love the humor. It's one of the great things about the game that the Alpha series and SF3 series lacks in comparison (but EX series, Darkstalkers, and Skullgirls has in spades).

have to agree with almost everything you said, except that i didnt find bison boring in the first game (SF2 / SSF2?)
    i have to disagree about crossups, i like it that way, only thing i would recommend is make only some moves crossup air moves (which are designed for that) but keep them that way, that the animation looks like a move that could hit behind (ryus/gouken/kens forward/backwards j. lk).

Damage.. meehh.. i like the damage caliber of sfxt (the only thing i like about that)
    because one super doesnt do ~50% dmg, im kind of sad that, against certain characters, you guess wrong 1-2 times in a nonstop pressure situation and you're dead. I just feels wrong, you have to guess 50/50 most of the time and the enemy just presses the buttons he learned 6 hours nonstop in training room (just like in tekken 6, you learn one launcher + combo and you dont need more).
    So i would like the supers to do less damage, ultras to be removed or replaced.. maybe a comeback mechanic like pandora, you fill your ultra meter and can beef up your damage for as long as the ultra last (a little longer than Juris U1 for example). That wouldnt make it braindead.
    Main:
    M.Bison
    Seconds:
    Gouken, Hakan