T-Bonne, Lafourche, Morgan City....The New School of La

Comments

• ParryPerson.ParryPerson. It is done. Joined: Posts: 4,011
    Just a heads up, I'm on IRC almost all the time, and I'm starting a channel called #lasf , (Louisiana Streetfighter) on IRC, on EFNet.

mIRC uses almost no bandwidth, so you can idle in it all the time and nothing will happen, there used to be a louisiana sf channel, but it's been dead for LONG LONG time, and the old people that don't want to move on in the other thread refuse to go to a new channel, but refuse to go back to the old channel because it won't be the same. I couldn't care less if they are to stuck in memories to move on, but maybe the new blood/new thread can have this.

I'm on every day I don't work, and even when I do I idle in the channel, there is also another person in there that was from Louisiana helping me keep it up. Joesph joins sometimes, and someone named mickey joins sometimes as well.

#lasf on EFNet if anyone is ever interested.
    #LAFGC on EFNet

<MrWizard> ive pre banned parry from evo south
    <[Parry]> This is because I ditched helping on the smash brackets isn't it
    <MrWizard> yep
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    I'll eventually start going into the chatroom whenever the TV isn't sucking up my eyeballs while my hands are clogged with a controller, or... when I'm not out playing DDR and MvC2.

Anyway, TS6 is tomorrow. I'll be arriving sometime around 3 hopefully to check into my hotel. What does Planet Zero have besides the 4 games that are announced for tournaments? I'm sure many of you have gone out to Planet Zero, so I figured I'd ask.
    SimDaddyGT wrote:
    Anyway, TS6 is tomorrow. I'll be arriving sometime around 3 hopefully to check into my hotel. What does Planet Zero have besides the 4 games that are announced for tournaments? I'm sure many of you have gone out to Planet Zero, so I figured I'd ask.

They changed there setup since I last went, but I know they have Pump It Up, Para Para Paradise, CVS2, 3S, and Rumble Fish 2.

I think they have Killer Instict and Alpha 2, but I'm not sure of they are still there.
    yo...i'm to the site and i play 3s obviously....and i want some challenges at pocket change so feel free to go if you wanna play....AZN PRIDE BITCHES
    yo...i'm to the site and i play 3s obviously....and i want some challenges at pocket change so feel free to go if you wanna play....AZN PRIDE BITCHES

Yeah, this kid wants comp. Mike Jones show him the business, no homo

You and I have some unfinished 3s business to, well, finish, not to mention some GGXX#R matches to get in. So clean the rust off your stick and get ready to rumble!!
  • koopatroopakoopatroopa yadda yadda Joined: Posts: 758
    well son when i get back from showdown ill serve you up some fun in any game kiddo (no homo)
    oh and dark resurrection is where its at guys
    ....seriously

EDIT: Nay man you needa get at me quick
    either on here or call me tomorrow morning (in calss from 940-1030)
    i got to know where to go and shit among other things
    985-232-0376
    SimDaddyGT wrote:
    You and I have some unfinished 3s business to, well, finish, not to mention some GGXX#R matches to get in. So clean the rust off your stick and get ready to rumble!!

i already beat you before and i'll be more than happy to do it again lol...o and tommy said that he'll bring the GGXX#R box when he comes down...but besides that....my dudleys gonna own your makoto
    It's been some months since our last fight, so I have gotten slightly, SLIGHTLY, better with Makoto. So I say BRING IT THE F''K ON!!!!

Oh, and I still need to get humiliated by you on Pump Zero as I play on Hard while you play on Crazy.
    SimDaddyGT wrote:
    It's been some months since our last fight, so I have gotten slightly, SLIGHTLY, better with Makoto. So I say BRING IT THE F''K ON!!!!

Oh, and I still need to get humiliated by you on Pump Zero as I play on Hard while you play on Crazy.
    then i'll have to humiliate you in both
  • nyteblitZnyteblitZ Nyte-who? Joined: Posts: 251
    How about you both shut the fuck up lol. Oh that and I can't find that box anymore lmao.
    editing is wack, go hard like the chief and triple post. ~ Dreaded Fist

GGPO: Dancetsr
    nyteblitZ wrote:
    How about you both shut the fuck up lol. Oh that and I can't find that box anymore lmao.
    god damnitt...bitch
    Tommy, you better find that box, because I only buy games with their respective cases. lol. I got barely lucky enough to win 1 match at Showdown in the tournament (loser's bracket, of course), and that was it. I need to get back into the routine.

Of course, this is assuming I don't just drop Guilty Gear for a while to practice 3rd Strike even harder. My Makoto got massacred in the pool matches last night, though I had a couple close calls.

Also, I never wanna go with a button handicap again. I may have won 4 matches in a row with that Roundhouse button disabled, but I figured out that I really need the roundhouse in certain situations. Hopefully they'll get that, along with the other random button problems on both 3s machines, fixed for next year. Still had a blast fighting everyone that I fought.
    SimDaddyGT wrote:
    Tommy, you better find that box, because I only buy games with their respective cases. lol. I got barely lucky enough to win 1 match at Showdown in the tournament (loser's bracket, of course), and that was it. I need to get back into the routine.

Of course, this is assuming I don't just drop Guilty Gear for a while to practice 3rd Strike even harder. My Makoto got massacred in the pool matches last night, though I had a couple close calls.

Also, I never wanna go with a button handicap again. I may have won 4 matches in a row with that Roundhouse button disabled, but I figured out that I really need the roundhouse in certain situations. Hopefully they'll get that, along with the other random button problems on both 3s machines, fixed for next year. Still had a blast fighting everyone that I fought.

You had a really hard pool man. Everyone was behind you on the match against Lee from Austin. That was one of the most intense matches in the Pools at Showdown. You played very well and didn't miss any punishments.

LMAO @ Marvel, Your new nickname is "Tha Wig-Splitah"
    SimDaddyGT wrote:

yeah man dont be disheartened
    you played HELLA good really
    i was mad happy for you to be repping the bayou esp since you played dudley who can do sick shit against makoto
    keep up that work son....trust me
    ya name is not simdaddygt....its clock busta

ha!
  • subzero44subzero44 Mashin on burn kick Joined: Posts: 3,389
    This is Julio, to the new guy in BR...what do you play, do I have yet another marvel protege'?
    "Don't hurt me Arch, I'm only a Lit'l"
    (⌐■_■)you will not survive
    My arcade got DR. But it's....meh.
    #LAFGC on EFNet

<MrWizard> yep
    My arcade got DR. But it's....meh.
    orly?
    lei is really solid now
  • Dark GeeseDark Geese Joined: Posts: 12,439
    Whats up guys? I had a helluva time playing with you all in the BYOC etc..that was some fun shit playing 3s, Garou, etc!!!!

And hey hey hey Koopa, Neo Wave aint that bad man!!! lol.

Tenka aint either come on..you know you love it..lol.
    **The KOF Cup 2011: March 10-14th, CDJ, Mexico w/Hummer from JAPAN!**
    **Mexico vs. Japan Part III!!**
    Yeah Lei is better, I'm happy about that. I used to rape with my boy in T3
    #LAFGC on EFNet

<MrWizard> yep
    Dark Geese wrote:
    Whats up guys? I had a helluva time playing with you all in the BYOC etc..that was some fun shit playing 3s, Garou, etc!!!!

And hey hey hey Koopa, Neo Wave aint that bad man!!! lol.

Tenka aint either come on..you know you love it..lol.
    yeah man i was SOOO damn happy to finally play some garou
    i been waiting too long. its surprising that i dropped all ma combos wit kevin but o well.
    well stone convinced me to give tenka a lil shot also......
    you damn snk kids....yall are like a disease.....cuz im also gonna learn some basic marco/big bullshit for ngbc also.......and id play kofXI if i could find a cab cuz that shit looks hella fun...
    or maybe its just because the answer is SUCH A BEAST
    Guys, I don't mind the fact that I got mutilated. It was all in good fun, as I wasn't expecting to really get anywhere in the pools or in the top 16 for that matter. Maybe next year, I'll be more concerned with advancing. I had to see what I was up against, and now I know.

I'm still laughing at those nicknames, though, and still wondering why y'all'd call me that.
  • kenmastersXkenmastersX Stone Nguyen Joined: Posts: 3,271
    Da Wig Splitter!

Also, people need to play Samurai Spirits, because it's hot stuff.
    Evo MvC3 top 32 choke artist. :(

Also, I'm not Richard Nguyen's brother!
  • shadowcharlieshadowcharlie ★ஜ۩dip۞set۩ஜ★ Joined: Posts: 9,168 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    shut up stone not its not =X
    bust my gun at the sun just to sit in the shade~
    ἐξίσταται γὰρ πάντ' ἀπ' ἀλλήλων δίχα
    Now Joseph is digging KOF and Slash......

I wonder who could have turn away from beautiful marvel.......

WHO HERE HATES MARVEL AND PLAYS GG?!?! *looks in stones direction*

*shakes fist in anger*
    #LAFGC on EFNet

<MrWizard> yep
    Now Joseph is digging KOF and Slash......

I wonder who could have turn away from beautiful marvel.......

WHO HERE HATES MARVEL AND PLAYS GG?!?! *looks in stones direction*

*shakes fist in anger*
    man joseph is like a woman, changing his mind like his underwear

:lovin: Marvel is the best fighter EVER:lovin:
    aha
    i just wasnt as hyped watchin marvel at ts6 as i have been in the past
    i dont know :confused:
    its prolly just a phase....
    aha
    i just wasnt as hyped watchin marvel at ts6 as i have been in the past
    i dont know :confused:
    its prolly just a phase....
    cause there were infinite amounts of ppl not there, besides our money match still on?
    subzero44 wrote:
    cause there were infinite amounts of ppl not there, besides our money match still on?
    yes im still down
    next friday
    practice up
    *shakes fist in anger*

*laughs*

subzero44 wrote:
    man joseph is like a woman, changing his mind like his underwear

:lovin: Marvel is the best fighter EVER:lovin:
    hey u just described yourself bitch :angel:
    yeah man i was SOOO damn happy to finally play some garou
    i been waiting too long. its surprising that i dropped all ma combos wit kevin but o well.
    well stone convinced me to give tenka a lil shot also......
    you damn snk kids....yall are like a disease.....cuz im also gonna learn some basic marco/big bullshit for ngbc also.......and id play kofXI if i could find a cab cuz that shit looks hella fun...
    or maybe its just because the answer is SUCH A BEAST

Yeah, I'm gonna mob that KOFXI also. Stone you gonna play it? We need to beef up in Garou and go up to Dallas and show them what's up, lol...

Super Turbo owns all
  • Dark GeeseDark Geese Joined: Posts: 12,439
    Yeah man come on out.. When XI comes out I'm gonna throw a SNK big three tourney up here in Denton

XI,NGBC, Tenka..and I'll throw in Garou why the hell not.
    **The KOF Cup 2011: March 10-14th, CDJ, Mexico w/Hummer from JAPAN!**
    **Mexico vs. Japan Part III!!**
    Marvellllllllll *shakes Both Fists In Anger*
    #LAFGC on EFNet

<MrWizard> yep
    Why does everyone go on Garou's nuts? It's one of the greater SNK games, but geez. I guess I'll learn it hardcore or something, but I'd rather play Real Bout 2.

And Parry, hush. Exposure to multiple games is greater than being stuck on one game all day, like Marvel players. :rofl:

MAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRVEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL *head explodes*
    #LAFGC on EFNet

<MrWizard> yep
    Okay, I knew I sucked with top tiers in Marvel, but I didn't think I'd suck to the point where my friend Julien would beat me with Fucking DAN!!!

Me = Magneto, Cable, Psylocke
    Juju = Silver Samurai, Dan, Spiral

I'm not used to using top tiers, but I know them enough to do air combos and a bit more with Psylocke to launch and attack into a super. However, I lost to his Dan, which was all he had left with about 30% health.

Mag, Cab, and Psy aren't even my team, but I know they're top tiers, and I had to try them out.

That's it. I'm so going back to 3rd Strike. I really need to work on my Makoto.
    Well, marvel top tiers aren't top tiers because they are better at normal shit like air combo to super.

So it's kinda not that crazy that a Dan would beat you.

And your team was.....meh. The whole point of Psy is her assist into ROM and cable for his AHVB, if your just going to do air series into super, just pick Jill or something for goodness sakes.
    #LAFGC on EFNet

<MrWizard> yep
    But like I said, that wasn't even my good team. I was just trying them out, especially since they were top tier.

My normal team is Guile, Captain America, and Ryu. When I play with them, it's just a random dishout until the op comes for a super-to-super cancellation.
    SimDaddyGT wrote:
    But like I said, that wasn't even my good team. I was just trying them out, especially since they were top tier.

My normal team is Guile, Captain America, and Ryu. When I play with them, it's just a random dishout until the op comes for a super-to-super cancellation.
    jason you didnt listen to what mr big hair said
    whats makes the top tiers good is their high damage ability no matter what ppl in houma think magic series to hyper grab to magnetic tempest does not make magento beastly
    not to be rude but you cant plug 3 hours into magneto and expect to rape wit em
    you need a lot more time in fundamentals
    camAM ryu and guile all suck. pick real chars plz k thnx
    Well, marvel top tiers aren't top tiers because they are better at normal shit like air combo to super.

So it's kinda not that crazy that a Dan would beat you.

And your team was.....meh. The whole point of Psy is her assist into ROM and cable for his AHVB, if your just going to do air series into super, just pick Jill or something for goodness sakes.
    actually the point of psylocke is to make magneto a god...cable psylocke? you've got big balls

stone - you just hate cause you're not good at it, if you get good at marvel you don't need to play other games.
    subzero44 wrote:
    stone - you just hate cause you're not good at it, if you get good at marvel you don't need to play other games.

God dammit, I thought I stated why I don't like Marvel to everyone I know, but I guess not.

I can respect the game with the strategic elements pre-fight, and the high speed hand-eye coordination and reaction that all the players have, but outside of that I really can't like it other than as a spectator.

Every time I talk to Chris and Ricky they've described it as a mindless game, and even Ricky told me "Marvel players can't play any other game most of the time, because they're too focused on fast reactions and the same patterns of attack to slow down and think a bit."

I'm not good at Mortal Kombat either, so do I hate it because I'm not good at it? I hate it because it's a badly designed game that has little to no thought in the game design.

stfu before you assume anything Julio.

yeah because when u get good at marvel u lose your soul and u dont need to do much of anything after that =(
    subzero44 wrote:
    actually the point of psylocke is to make magneto a god...cable psylocke? you've got big balls

Well, thats obviously why he didn't know what he was doing I made it newb friendly to say "To get ROM off" but obviously, it's more than that.
    #LAFGC on EFNet

<MrWizard> yep
    Well, thats obviously why he didn't know what he was doing I made it newb friendly to say "To get ROM off" but obviously, it's more than that.
    i know man, i didn't mean it for you to sound like a jackass, i was just kiddin'
    God dammit, I thought I stated why I don't like Marvel to everyone I know, but I guess not.

I can respect the game with the strategic elements pre-fight, and the high speed hand-eye coordination and reaction that all the players have, but outside of that I really can't like it other than as a spectator.

Every time I talk to Chris and Ricky they've described it as a mindless game, and even Ricky told me "Marvel players can't play any other game most of the time, because they're too focused on fast reactions and the same patterns of attack to slow down and think a bit."

I'm not good at Mortal Kombat either, so do I hate it because I'm not good at it? I hate it because it's a badly designed game that has little to no thought in the game design.

stfu before you assume anything Julio.
    no thought huh...that must be how mike beats me without doing combos, he's just incredibly lucky i guess
    ^^^yeap thats right but then again marvel is about 120% luck so its a powerful skill to have...