Skullgirls Gameplay Discussion Thanks For Playing

1100101102103104106»

Comments

• evilweevleevilweevle Xbox GT : MrFossy Joined: Posts: 4,275
    meh, i dont like the sound of having an armoured assist locked out if they hit the armoured frames of the move. thats the whole point of the moves in the first place. if they get hit during the pose animation, then fair enough. thats what the moves are designed to do is take hits. plus you still take damage from them anyway.
    3DS friend code : 0232 8273 2994
  • DudeDude Joined: Posts: 199
    edited August 2013
    @Darklightjg1. Spectator mode is coming to lobbies, they just ran into some issues with it because of GGPO. The latest steam announcement said it should be in the beta soon.

And what fighting game doesn't have the comboed player gain more meter than the one doing the combo? Meter has always been a comeback mechanic.
  • Darklightjg1Darklightjg1 Dr. SuessLight Joined: Posts: 3,653
    Dude wrote: »

And what fighting game doesn't have the comboed player gain more meter than the one doing the combo? Meter has always been a comeback mechanic.

A large majority of them: The SF series, Guilty Gear, Vsav, Marvel 2, UMVC3, BlazBlue. Melty, KOF 2k2UM and XIII all have the attacker building significantly more meter than the person getting hit. Shoot, in ST the person getting hit gets absolutely no meter. KOF is a weird exception in that the opponent will have an extra stock to build for each dead character, but that's it.

I don't care if the opponent gets meter for getting hit, but it definitely shouldn't be more than the person doing the hitting imo.
    My twitch channel (Action, Platformers, RPGs and Fighting games): twitch.tv/darklightjg1

My Sonic hack (shameless plug): http://sonicresearch.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=3938
    Dude wrote: »

A large majority of them: The SF series, Guilty Gear, Vsav, Marvel 2, UMVC3, BlazBlue. Melty, KOF 2k2UM and XIII all have the attacker building significantly more meter than the person getting hit. Shoot, in ST the person getting hit gets absolutely no meter. KOF is a weird exception in that the opponent will have an extra stock to build for each dead character, but that's it.

Hmm. Shows how much I know...
  • blufangblufang Devour! Joined: Posts: 4,487
    Thx, I finally started using all 3 characters together on a team. Parasoul on point with Egret charge assist, Squigly in the middle with center stage assist, Fortune at anchor with HK DP. Peacock is still frustating, but now that I'm using Parasoul on my team with the egret charge it's a bit better. She also has that biker super that goes through all of Peacock's projectiles, so if she is just randomly spamming I can catch her with that unawares.

• evilweevleevilweevle Xbox GT : MrFossy Joined: Posts: 4,275
    blufang wrote: »
    Thx, I finally started using all 3 characters together on a team. Parasoul on point with Egret charge assist, Squigly in the middle with center stage assist, Fortune at anchor with HK DP. Peacock is still frustating, but now that I'm using Parasoul on my team with the egret charge it's a bit better. She also has that biker super that goes through all of Peacock's projectiles, so if she is just randomly spamming I can catch her with that unawares.

couldnt peacock just basically counter super with argus and destroy most of the bikes? egret charge is really slow to come out.
    3DS friend code : 0232 8273 2994
  • blufangblufang Devour! Joined: Posts: 4,487
    Yeah she probably could...I probably wasn't playing a great Peacock or anything. Obviously playing in the beginner lobbies, and even ranked matches I'm playing other new/low level players. Peacock I think has an incredible advantage for beginners cause we aren't doing optimum damage combos or anything even close, so when we finally get in we aren't punishing her enough to make up for all the projectile/chip damage it takes getting in.

On another point, I keep marvelling how great this game is and particularly how different all the characters are from one another while all being strong or at least seeming so to a noob like me. I hope this game gets the recognition it deserves.

edited August 2013
    blufang wrote: »
    Yeah she probably could...I probably wasn't playing a great Peacock or anything. Obviously playing in the beginner lobbies, and even ranked matches I'm playing other new/low level players. Peacock I think has an incredible advantage for beginners cause we aren't doing optimum damage combos or anything even close, so when we finally get in we aren't punishing her enough to make up for all the projectile/chip damage it takes getting in.

On another point, I keep marvelling how great this game is and particularly how different all the characters are from one another while all being strong or at least seeming so to a noob like me. I hope this game gets the recognition it deserves.

She also has a good reversal now, so maintaining pressure is tougher than it once was.
  • DimeDime Wasting time Joined: Posts: 10,244
    edited September 2013
    Made up a new pw bnb combo based on my old one, has the same parameters:

Works on everyone sans double. No corner required, works midscreen
    Does 9.2k unoptimized could probably get it easily to 9.5k or above on sde:

Cr.lk,cr.mk,st.hp xx fly df +j.lk,cr.mk,st.hp xx lk buer, fly uf+j.lp,j.lk,st.hk, j.hp xx fly j.mk,j.hp,cr.mp,st.hk,j.mp,j.hp,j.hk,st.lk,cr.mk,st.hp xx lp stinger, dash st.lp,cr.mk,st.hp xx lp stinger xx DC

9.2 k and isn't fully optimized. I think this combo route is perhaps the one to rule them all especially with total optimization where it might be getting somewhere around 9.5-10k for a midscreen bnb that is pretty easy with only 1 tough link.

Just don't know if this hits undizzy on pc...
    Gettin' my derp on.
    Assuming I did my calculations right, your final string should be starting at 340 with the c.LP (c.lp adds 10 to 330), which means you're fine.

I'd check it in training mode for you, but I don't combo well with PW. Maybe I'll use this as a practice BnB.
    The combo is pretty easy except for the first st.hk link which can be made much easier by delaying the j.lk ever so slightly.

So its probably a pretty good combo to practice. I would practice it on parasoul, it works perfectly against her.
    Gettin' my derp on.
    Sweet, I've been thinking about using PW as a side/for fun character, looks like I'll start now.
  • VulpesVulpes No. Joined: Posts: 3,678
    This doesn't look undizzy efficient at all, for multiple reasons
    j.HP j.MK j.HP is a great string though, does that really work on everyone?
    I remember trying something like this and being unable to land it.
    What direction do you fly?
    Why.
    @Dime_x, I was operating under the belief that lights added 10 undizzy, but they add 15 (not sure if it's always been this way or not. A lot of changes to track). So I'm guessing that that PW combo activates undizzy, though I'm too lazy to do the math right now, and haven't tried it in-game yet.
  • NoKushWaveNoKushWave Ehh Joined: Posts: 97
    anyone think the pc version is gonna end up dead like the consoles? there was around 2000+players at launch and its already down to 400+ at peak times(400+ is good but its dropped kinda quick)
    A drop after release day is expected. I'd be willing to bet it will stay around where it is now, with occasional jumps in activity during character releases. Maybe some new people will even opt to stick around after each new character release.

There is also a possibility that the eventual console update will take a few players away, but I doubt it'll be extreme. (I mean, I'll be going back to console to play people that don't have the PC copy, but with the easy access of a laptop I'll still be primarily on PC)
  • Meteo2Meteo2 20% more ex-loldives Joined: Posts: 691
    the Skullgirls Quit Lollygaggin' steam group hit 600 members last night and held an impromptu tournament at like 2AM EST haha. A bunch of random people came out of the woodwork in the steam chat and it was a lot of fun http://challonge.com/sg600
  • LouiscipherLouiscipher Joined: Posts: 8,177
    STOMP!
  • KompersKompers Joined: Posts: 1
    Unsure if this is supposed to happen, but if I have three levels of tension, and use Big Band's. Lvl 1 blockbuster, I can still use Eliza's Khepri Sun with two meters.
  • Mr. XMr. X Non Stop ∞ Climax Joined: Posts: 20,239
    Kompers wrote: »
    Unsure if this is supposed to happen, but if I have three levels of tension, and use Big Band's. Lvl 1 blockbuster, I can still use Eliza's Khepri Sun with two meters.

Yes, it's intentional. If you DHC into a 2 or more meter move, it costs 1 less meter than normal. So you can do 2 Lv3 moves for 5 meters, Lv1 into Lv5 for 5 meters, a Lv1 into Lv2 for 2 meters, etc.
    You did not go back in time, this is how the forums look.
    "You are all just as bad as the people you hate. You're only interested in characters based on tears." - Since1717
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
    PSN: X_the_Genius | GGPO: Mr X | Skype: MisterEcks
  • MemnafroMemnafro Joined: Posts: 2
    I'm still unsure as to the status of this game on Xbox live.... Can anyone tell me whether or not people are still playing this game online? I kinda want to learn about it, and it seems like it would be fun, especially Cerebella.
  • 0sh0sh AKA Vadsamoht Joined: Posts: 537
    Memnafro wrote: »
    I'm still unsure as to the status of this game on Xbox live.... Can anyone tell me whether or not people are still playing this game online? I kinda want to learn about it, and it seems like it would be fun, especially Cerebella.

Late response, but possibly useful to anybody searching for this later. Console preference seems to be PC > PS3 > 360, with the upcoming PS4 and Vita ports an unknown quantity. There's still definitely people online, though not sure what the numbers are like for 360 because I don't own one.
    SFIV: Sakura (Poison?) | Skullgirls: Fortune/Bella | LB2: Yuki/Hibiki
  • The MartianThe Martian Tatsu Spam Supreme™ Joined: Posts: 12,149
    Oh wow, this place is unbelievably dead. There ain't even sections for the new characters, lol.

Just bought 2nd Encore for PS4, was hoping to have some discussion. I guess I should head over to Skullheart forums.
    "Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are."

Tumblr (NSFW)
    PSN: Shadaloo_Martian
  • VhoziteVhozite Egyptian Goddess Main Joined: Posts: 2,770
    I know this thread is beyond dead, but I've been getting into the game on PC if anyone is interested.
    edited June 24
    go to skullheart.com
    Post edited by Dime on
    Gettin' my derp on.