Skullgirls XBL Matchmaking Thread

13»

Comments

• TerminiTermini Play Skullgirls, ya jerk. Joined: Posts: 55
    So who here actually still plays on Xbox? I'd have an easier time finding a needle in 15 acres of land.
    Xbl: Orpheus Arisato
    PSN: Terminia (mostly used just for Vita games)
    Skullgirls (I have it for Xbox 360) - Solo Filia <3
    P4U (I have it for Xbox 360) - Yosuke
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
    ·
  • view619view619 ざわ ざわ ざわ Joined: Posts: 1,686
    I don't. Patch being out on PSN has ruined vanilla SG for me. =/
    "You can lead a scrub to techniques, but you can't make him think."
    ·
  • UltimoUltimo Joined: Posts: 73
    I don't. Patch being out on PSN has ruined vanilla SG for me. =/
    Same here - but when the patch finally drops for XBL, I'll try to play the game every day.
    ·
  • XthAtGAm3RGuYXXthAtGAm3RGuYX Yeah. Sure. Joined: Posts: 8,386 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here - but when the patch finally drops for XBL, I'll try to play the game every day.
    Holy mother of thread necromancy, this shit is old. I didn't know I was still tracking it. I honestly don't even count on the patch anymore. It's not happening before the next console generation on xbox. When was it originally planned? July or something like that?
    Unchallenged owner of worst user name on SRK

AE: Juri(Main), Ken(work in progress)::::UMvC3: Felicia/Dante/Doom::::SkullGirls: Squigly/Fortune
    Not enough Dragonballs between all three of the shows to keep you unbanned - Pertho
    ·
    Holy mother of thread necromancy, this shit is old. I didn't know I was still tracking it. I honestly don't even count on the patch anymore. It's not happening before the next console generation on xbox. When was it originally planned? July or something like that?

It came out on PSN five weeks ago, still waiting on XBL
    ·
  • TheMeth90TheMeth90 Slowly learning Elena on 3S... Joined: Posts: 1,145
    The most dead online i ever seen on XBL. :(
    ·

Just drop it until patch is released. It's been dead forever.
    ·
  • djunuudjunuu NADIA BUSINESS Joined: Posts: 60
    Would have to sadly agree. I still play, but it is usually the people I'm friends with. Online ranked tends to be quite empty.
    ·
  • Possibly DohnutPossibly Dohnut Joined: Posts: 68
    Eeyup, ranked is a no-go and you'd be lucky to find a player match, fucking 360 patch...
    XBL: Dohnut Man Trav
    ·
    Because we are all waiting for the greatly anticipated 2014 patch.

AE: Juri(Main), Ken(work in progress)::::UMvC3: Felicia/Dante/Doom::::SkullGirls: Squigly/Fortune
    Not enough Dragonballs between all three of the shows to keep you unbanned - Pertho
    ·

Actually fuck it - this patch might never come out. If anyone wants to play, please add me on XBL: johnnystar86 or reply with your gamertag. I have lots to learn in this game, so don't expect too much of a challenge from me. I'll put in the time if I can find a few people to play with.
    ·
    Actually fuck it - this patch might never come out. If anyone wants to play, please add me on XBL: johnnystar86 or reply with your gamertag. I have lots to learn in this game, so don't expect too much of a challenge from me. I'll put in the time if I can find a few people to play with.

Heard it straight from Mike Z's mouth yesterday at SCR; he has split the patch into three patches, one of them being a title update, and submitted them this week (or maybe technically last week). He said the should be another two week wait for Microsoft to get back to him. As soon as he knows, we will know. If you think we want the patch and are anxious for it, think how much it means to him.

On another note, you should add your information to the Skullgirls players list, and see who else out there plays on Xbox. And when you find someone on Xbox, check their friends to see who else plays as well.
    ·
    Heard it straight from Mike Z's mouth yesterday at SCR; he has split the patch into three patches, one of them being a title update, and submitted them this week (or maybe technically last week). He said the should be another two week wait for Microsoft to get back to him. As soon as he knows, we will know. If you think we want the patch and are anxious for it, think how much it means to him.

On another note, you should add your information to the Skullgirls players list, and see who else out there plays on Xbox. And when you find someone on Xbox, check their friends to see who else plays as well.

Hey really happy to hear that - thanks for sharing. Fingers crossed for the new patch. I saw the players list, I just don't know who actually plays on 360 anymore (or who wants to..)
    ·
    Send me a friend request, I should be on the player list. I still play avidly, however mostly with friends since online is usually empty. If you live on the west coast I'm sure it will be fine. Playing the patch at SCR makes me want the patch even more; I play a lot better with it. The 5 frame buffer is amazing.

Look on my friends list as well. At least half my friends play Skullgirls.
    ·
  • Domo is specialDomo is special Joined: Posts: 12
    I still play this game every day lol. All my info is on the player list, so if you want a good set or training session toss me a friend request or something on XBL lol
    ·
  • Motch420Motch420 Joined: Posts: 41
    hey ill play anyone on skull girls gamertag is yanimotch420 even if im not playing the game shoot me a mesage and i join you in a game
    ·
  • KhaosMuffinsKhaosMuffins Bushido Brown Joined: Posts: 61
    I'm up for any matches if anyone miraculously happens to be on.
    "I'm looking for more moe."

Skullgirls: Ms. Fortune - P4U: Akihiko - Guilty Gear: Jam
    XBL: KhaosMuffins, Twitter: @KhaosMuffins
    ·
  • ubertranceubertrance Joined: Posts: 65
    I have it for 360 but I probably wont be playing till the patch drops
    SSF4AEv.2012: Akuma, Sakura, and others (only a bit)/3s: Akuma, Chun-Li, Q
    UMvC3: Ryu, Sentinel, Vergil (some others too)
    TTT2: Jun, Asuka, Alisa (only a bit)/SFxT: Xiaoyu/Akuma for now/KoF13: Kula, Mature, King
    Skullgirls: TBD if Xbox ever gets the patch but right now, Filia, Ms. Fortune, Painwheel
    ·
    Looks like Xbox isn't dead after all! This whole donation drive business has revitalized the Xbox community, it seems. In just this weekend, I've seen 12+ or so unique Skullgirls players (as in, not the usual bunch.) And I've seen a couple of players who haven't been around for a while.
    ·
    Looks like Xbox isn't dead after all! This whole donation drive business has revitalized the Xbox community, it seems. In just this weekend, I've seen 12+ or so unique Skullgirls players (as in, not the usual bunch.) And I've seen a couple of players who haven't been around for a while.

:eek: Really? Looks like I should check it out again. Had a chance to direct them to the SG forum and player list thread?
    ·
    :eek: Really? Looks like I should check it out again. Had a chance to direct them to the SG forum and player list thread?

I haven't done so, but I'll be sure to do that the next time I play.
    ·
    I haven't done so, but I'll be sure to do that the next time I play.

Dropping the url in your description/bio wouldn't be a bad idea. That way, you can just ask players to check that out.
    ·
  • 5th Of Dismember5th Of Dismember Joined: Posts: 27
    match making is a bitch it took me 30 minutes to get a game

then again it was 1 am
    ·
  • Fatal_PokeFatal_Poke Xbox: Knives the Wolf Joined: Posts: 83
    I am on Xbox! My Xbox gamer tag is Knives the Wolf.

Careful I bite!
    ·
  • Domo is specialDomo is special Joined: Posts: 12
    The only skilled players i'm finding on xbl are fortune mains ;^;
    ·
  • Broseidon RexBroseidon Rex God of the Brocean Joined: Posts: 118
    Actually, after reading some graphic novels for about 25 minutes (quite relaxing), i played two solo valentines that were decent. So yeah, HOORAY XBOX ACTIVITY!
    ·
  • The MartianThe Martian Web Designer. Joined: Posts: 7,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gt is in the sig.
    Region: USA, Colorado
    Team: Valentine/Parasoul

Anyone feel free to add me. I'm on often.
    "Power is not will. It is the phenomenon of physically making things happen."

PSN: Shadaloo_Martian
    WiiU ID: IIMartianII
    XBL: III Martian III

My Tumblr.
    3DS Code: 4957-4227-9462
    ·
    What's the current activity status? I want to do more with this game than just training mode while waiting for the patch, but I don't want to put in another month's gold payment to sit all night and find nobody on. Is the donation drive momentum still influencing the player activity?
    ·
  • LayZLayZ "Sixteen is barely ok." Joined: Posts: 78
    view619 said:
    What's the current activity status? I want to do more with this game than just training mode while waiting for the patch, but I don't want to put in another month's gold payment to sit all night and find nobody on. Is the donation drive momentum still influencing the player activity?
    I've definitely noticed more players online. I've been able to play Quick Matches without waiting more than a minute during the past week.  But I spend most of my time playing sets with people on my friends list. I don't know if that helps. 
    ·
  • 5th Of Dismember5th Of Dismember Joined: Posts: 27
    anybody still plat on xbox 
    ·
    yes there are! All those on the players list still play avidly, as well as the people on their friend's lists.
    ·
  • evilweevleevilweevle Xbox GT : MrFossy Joined: Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭
    maybe i might have to get some games of this going. not played since the ps3 patch dropped. i miss SG wish the patch would hurry up.
    3DS friend code : 0232 8273 2994
    ·
  • LayZLayZ "Sixteen is barely ok." Joined: Posts: 78
    djunuu said:
    yes there are! All those on the players list still play avidly, as well as the people on their friend's lists.
    Yeah, I was just playing djunuu this weekend.
    ·
  • AsteriskBlueAsteriskBlue Joined: Posts: 645 ✭✭✭
    LayZ said:
    view619 said:
    I've definitely noticed more players online. I've been able to play Quick Matches without waiting more than a minute during the past week.  But I spend most of my time playing sets with people on my friends list. I don't know if that helps. 
    Is this still true?
    It's nice to meet you, too.
    ·
    edited March 2013
    i played a couple matches on ranked today, unforrtunately the connection was total ass so i only played one for each person i found.

if anyone wants any games tomorrow swing me an invite. gamertag is on the left under my pic
    Post edited by evilweevle on
    ·
  • AsteriskBlueAsteriskBlue Joined: Posts: 645 ✭✭✭
    There is actually a good handful of players on every night!  Some good connections some bad
    It's nice to meet you, too.
    ·
  • The_LaziestThe_Laziest Sleeps Anywhere Joined: Posts: 49
    XBL: Mr Laziest I'm hella scrubby at this game, no one in my area plays :/
    Sleep, sleep , sleep
    ·
  • TheBlackHombreTheBlackHombre Aesthetic Joined: Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭
    I'm new to skullgirls and am wanting to play with some people since the online is dead.my gamertag is the same as my srk handle.

Also this thread should be revived IMO, it'll easily help people find active players. http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/154358/gamertag-sharing-thread-xbl-metatag-is-skullgirlssrk/p9
    ·
  • Motch420Motch420 Joined: Posts: 41
    Also hombre check out www.skullheart.com servers are currently down but it's the best place for everything skullgirls... And people are pretty cool to :D
    ·
    I'm new to skullgirls and am wanting to play with some people since the online is dead.my gamertag is the same as my srk handle.

Also this thread should be revived IMO, it'll easily help people find active players. http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/154358/gamertag-sharing-thread-xbl-metatag-is-skullgirlssrk/p9

nah man that gamertag was useless even a week after the game came out. dont think anybody on there plays SG anymore. 100 names of people playing other games.
    ·
    edited March 2013
    I kinda play but mostly with friends. I got invited by blackhombre earlier but I just got off work and didn't want to :/ Like I've said in the IRC chat though I'd rather wait for the patch and/or squigly so I can learn team NecroFilia (Squigly/Filia). Especially since the current Filia is a bit different than her vanilla version if I remember correctly.

EDIT: Jesus do I hate these fucking smiley parsers. That shit up there is not what I want. I'm leave it anyway to show how stupid it looks
    Post edited by XthAtGAm3RGuYX on

·
  • cheese and chipscheese and chips Metal Blade> everything Joined: Posts: 203
    edited May 2013
    I feel like bumping this thread since the patch is out. Gamertag:Shadow man mm3

Looking for people to get into this game.
    Post edited by cheese and chips on
    Gamertag: Shadow man mm3 UMVC3: Frank/hawkeye/Doom

king cobra and zubaz for v 2013
    ·
    may i direct people to the gamertag in my signature. its to collect people who are actively playing skullgirls into one tag so you can easily find people who regularly play. i am going to be keeping an eye on who plays and who doesnt and removing those who are inactive in the game for over a month or so.
    ·
  • TheL0RDisJESUSTheL0RDisJESUS Joined: Posts: 60
    Why are there only one or two other people on at a time with a decent connect anytime I log in? (If I'm lucky and there are people actually playing I mean).

Is there some sort of hot time to play on XBL?
    "I Shall Layeth Some KJV Upon Thee"
    Romans 10:9
    That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
    ·
  • 0sh0sh Sumgai Joined: Posts: 515 ✭✭✭
    Why are there only one or two other people on at a time with a decent connect anytime I log in? (If I'm lucky and there are people actually playing I mean).

Is there some sort of hot time to play on XBL?

A good way to find matches is to use the skullgirls IRC here: http://client01.chat.mibbit.com/?channel=#skullgirls&server=irc.mizuumi.net

Also, check your email.
    SFIV: Sakura (Poison?) | Skullgirls: Fortune/Bella | LB2: Yuki
    ·
13»