Suggestion for Mods thread

MegamanDSMegamanDS MvC3 and Trading Outlet ModeratorJoined: Posts: 4,412 mod
If there is anything mods here can do to make the TO better, post anything you guys want or want changed in here. Thanks
Proven: Top MvC2 & XMvSF player | Proving now: Top Skull Girls player Watch and follow my journey
www.eightysixed.com - PR manager
www.facebook.com/eightysixedonline - please "like" us
www.twitch.tv/eightysixed - Follow us for Skullgirls Salty Cupcakes & more!
·

Comments

• Bad_Boy_BrazilBad_Boy_Brazil Joined: Posts: 1,106
    I think Modders/Stick builders and whomever offer any kind of service should have their own Trading Outlet (Meaning their own sale spot). So it's easier to browse/search their work and services and it's not mixed with the rest of the crowd. It will help a lot people. So after selecting Trading Outlet We would pick General Public or Custom Service (Something like that). People will sale/buy more stuff as well because the Topics will be minimized. And we don't have to go way further looking for old posts. Another thing that would be cool is to give the top Sellers/Traders their spot as well. So it's easier for them as well since they are selling and trading for the longest and some of us it's comfortable dealing with those that are trading/selling note often then others that just started.But offcourse Top Sellers/Traders should meet requirements to move from General Public to Top Sellers/Traders Thread ,like Popularity,Feedback .... and whatever else Moderators think it's necessary.
    ·
  • MegamanDSMegamanDS MvC3 and Trading Outlet Moderator Joined: Posts: 4,412 mod
    Moderators, or general suggestions for TO. not stick modders
    Proven: Top MvC2 & XMvSF player | Proving now: Top Skull Girls player Watch and follow my journey
    ·
  • Nucking Futs!Nucking Futs! Joined: Posts: 1,203
    I think mods should make it mandatory to make everyone post which state (if not also a city) in the thread title so those of us that's not willing (or rather reluctant) to ship, can let everyone know if we're local to potential buyers/traders or not.
    - Jimmy

Current fav's the Hori VLX Diamond! Like the MickeyD's commercial..."I'm lovin it"
    ·
  • HOOTHOOT hooot? Joined: Posts: 103
    An integrated feedback system. Not 100%, but it will be better than asking everyone for their proofs of address.
    [SIZE=12px]Local Battles Gaming Center[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=12px]1207 Anderson Avenue[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=12px]Fort Lee, NJ 07024[/SIZE]
    Roll through, let's session!
    ·
  • jdm714jdm714 Blue Blue Glass Moon Joined: Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    Bring back the requirement to make a Thread.
    The old SRK vBulletin used to have the Fifty Post thing.
    Where the system itself did not allow the Member to make a Thread.

No more need to tell people about the rules to sell.
    Bad for buyers though.
    J&J SoCal Modding: http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/113434/
    Visit J&J SoCal Modding's Blog for review of new Arcade Parts: http://jjsocalmodding.blogspot.com
    ·
  • DKorDKor Punching Bag Joined: Posts: 94
    How about making a rule that if your asking price for an item that you're selling is over $100 then you're required to post a picture of it? Just about everyone has access to (at least) a camera phone, and it may help reduce the risk of getting fleeced for large sums.
    PSN: DKoresh
    KOF XIII: Athena / Yuri / Billy
    Mashing and martinis.
    ·
  • ValarisValaris keeping watch over SRK Joined: Posts: 12,894 mod
    I think mods should make it mandatory to make everyone post which state (if not also a city) in the thread title so those of us that's not willing (or rather reluctant) to ship, can let everyone know if we're local to potential buyers/traders or not.

As long as they post that in the thread, it's fine. Adding that shit to the thread title would just take up more room in something already restricted.
    An integrated feedback system. Not 100%, but it will be better than asking everyone for their proofs of address.
    Bring back the requirement to make a Thread.
    The old SRK vBulletin used to have the Fifty Post thing.
    Where the system itself did not allow the Member to make a Thread.

No more need to tell people about the rules to sell.
    Bad for buyers though.

That's something you need to take up with admins, we have no control over that.
    How about making a rule that if your asking price for an item that you're selling is over $100 then you're required to post a picture of it? Just about everyone has access to (at least) a camera phone, and it may help reduce the risk of getting fleeced for large sums.

I don't know about other mods but I'd be 100% for this rule. Hell other forums I go on require to post a pic of everything.
    I slept with admins so I could get my join date changed. 
    ·
  • RugedmanRugedman Worst in 505 Joined: Posts: 1,427
    Stickie the "hot deal thread" again please.
    "Pat, you are one of our worst players here, so keep quiet"Mamba quote
    ·
    The hot deal thread hasn't been updated so I unstickied it. I'll get around to that soon enough though
    ·
    what do you mean?
    ·
  • LeftyLefty ENJUKEN!!! Joined: Posts: 1,313
    Perhaps you guys should create sub-sections within the TO. It should be similar to the way neoGAF has an "on topic" section and an "off topic" section. So in the TO should have an On Topic section where everything pertaining to the FGC can go in that section (e.g., sticks, customs, art, buttons, modding services, etc.) and the TO should have a separate section like an Off Topic section where everything else can be traded or sold (e.g., clothes, toys, collectibles, and other random stuff.)
    When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.
    ·
    Deleting old posts or anything that isn't related to TO so we don't have to Bump so offten. Also separate it by North America,South America,Asia,Europe.... So it's easier for others that live outside US to Buy/Sell/Trade.

Don't be shy guys! If you guys have something to say or share to improve TO This's the right place. After all We are using it so helping the modders to make it better it's the least we can do.
    ·
  • SMWongSMWong Taokaka die hard. Joined: Posts: 82
    Wouldn't mind a lesser time requirement to sell/trade. Or at least make it so if your rep is good you can do business. Not complaining I just have some sticks to sell :sweat:
    Blazblue: Taokaka(Purple/black)
    Xbox/PSN: BlackForestMist
    ·
  • FrankTheThirdFrankTheThird Joined: Posts: 250
    Figured I'd comment as to bring this thread back to MMDS attention in case he has forgotten about it. :)
    ·
  • bkfst_sausagebkfst_sausage ST / SRK2k3 OG Joined: Posts: 2,802
    Subforums...
    Stick builders / modders / services having one.
    FS/FT/WTB/Ebay having another.
    PSN: M1X4H < click it!
    ·
    This should be on Stickies or otherwise closed because soon it will be forgotten.
    ·
    This should be on Stickies or otherwise closed because soon it will be forgotten.
    WE DID IT BBB, I brought back the attention and you got it stickied!! :P
    Subforums...
    Stick builders / modders / services having one.
    FS/FT/WTB/Ebay having another.
    I agree with the second half of this, not so much the first.
    ·
    WE DID IT BBB, ;) :tup:
    ·
  • ErenEren Old Man SRK Joined: Posts: 13,396 mod
    I want to use this opportunity to talk about the 5 sticky limit. Do you guys feel there needs to be less stickies so that businesses can last longer on the first page?

I've actually wanted to step down as moderator, and I still do. I'm not online much like I use to be because of school, and it's effecting my mod duties. Somebody that uses TO 100% of the time should replace me as mod.
    ·
  • etalageetalage Joined: Posts: 374
    Make Yesmaster a mod to enforce the rules.
    ·
    Haha I was just gonna say that exact same thing.
    ·
    Yeah. He's also starting as a mod at Namco/Tekken :) I vouch for him :tup:
    ·
  • ErenEren Old Man SRK Joined: Posts: 13,396 mod
    :) DAWWWWW....(hides face/blushes). Seriously, thank you for that. I try hard to be helpful, it means a lot knowing someone appreciates it.
    Bad Boy was correct, I was actually just blessed with a mod position on the official Tekken site (thanks to FilthieRich and Markman). I would love to help out here on SRK too but that's up to the powers that be :)

let an admin know that I want to be replaced, I tried contacting them but I'm still not removed.
    ·
  • Jhino3384Jhino3384 Modding since 07 Joined: Posts: 261
    I think it would be nice if we didn't have the "pending moderator" approval to sell stuff. I posted twice and no one has "approved" it. You guys need to stop slacking and do your job or stop giving your little buddies priority over other people.
    XBLGT/PS4 PSN ID: JHino3384
    ·
  • SmokeMaxXSmokeMaxX T.O. of A.R.K. Joined: Posts: 7,693 ✭✭✭
    I think that's a bug. Otherwise people who don't meet the qualifications would never get approved.
    My Buy/Sell/Trade Thread: http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/174629/wts-360-ps3-hrap-3-buttons-ball-tops/p1
    Currently selling: Hori UMvC3 Stick for PS3 ($80 shipped), Various balltops, and much more!
    ·
  • abelfanaticabelfanatic Joined: Posts: 131
    Mods, what's the hold up on my thread? I've tried posting it over 4 tries since last November and i keep getting the same pending approval msg. Whats going on?
    ·
  • bryanfrobryanfro Joined: Posts: 57
    I think the 6 months and 50 posts rule should be removed and I'll give you some good reasons why it's unnecessary.

Having experience with a lot of record trading forums, I've seen how other forums have decided to deal with scammers. I understand that records are obviously different from arcade sticks, but records can get expensive too. I have personally traded hundreds of records worth anywhere from $2 to $200, so, rest assured, the rules I'm about to outline can work with expensive items.

Infact, there is only one simple rule needed with some caveats:

NEW MEMBER SENDS FIRST.

This one simple rule works in all cases of trade or sale. As buyers, new members already send payment first on SRK. As traders, the new member would have to mail their side of the trade first and after the veteran member is satisfied, they can finish the trade by sending their side. As a seller, the new member would have to send their item first, before receiving payment. Not only does this eliminate scams, but also keeps sellers honest in their descriptions.

This way, the veteran member, who is trusted among the SRK community, will always have the control in any kind of deal.

The only situation that wouldn't be protected under the rule is a deal between two new members. One way to get around this is to have the members find a friend of theirs that is also on SRK to vouch for them. Otherwise, any deals between new members would not be recommended and at the risk of the members.

So, that's my two cents: NEW MEMBERS SEND FIRST.
    Stop twitching already! It just makes you look even more ugly.
    ·