What Do Players Message You When You Beat Them? Skullgirls Edition

Comments

• Sanger ZonvoltSanger Zonvolt Future Cyberbots Pro Joined: Posts: 1,528
    Everyone is too nice on PSN sadly, no hatemail or anything.
    Sword of Sophia and fightan games
    Cyberbots: Super-8 & Helion
    Vampire Savior: Lilith, Jedah, and Demitri
    Skullgirls: Painwheel/Filia/Squigly
  • Number 13Number 13 The Courage to Skullgirl Joined: Posts: 1,545
    yeah so far not getting hate mail on XBL either tbh.. i get messages saying "gg" regardless if I win or lose matches. Now I'm getting the habit of sending gg messages. I feel this sense of friendliness in online gaming may be contagious.
    Currently Played Fighters [other alias: HooliganComboFTW]
    Persona 4 Arena: Yu Narukami Skullgirls: Solo Filia SSFIV AE: Cammy Dead or Alive 5: Hitomi/Rig
    KoF XIII : K'/Athena/Terry SoulCaliber V: Siegfried Tekken 6: Lili/Lars SF3OE: Alex SSF2HDRMX: Cammy
  • TessiusTessius Scrubulous Joined: Posts: 442
    I got my first hatemail for using Hornet bomber assist, I got called a rat. Shit was funny too because he had Double as his second and used LP Luger as an assist.

If anything brings out the salt, it's gonna be Double.
    "I hope you little shits are cast into a furnace of hell-fire with your mouths duct-taped shut, while Ono repeatedly tells you he's changing the DP execution to one button." - SynikaL
  • DaRabidDuckieDaRabidDuckie Happiest. Duck. Ever. Joined: Posts: 9,747 mod
    Psst... the topic is what people message you, not why they do it or why they're playing like they are. Keep it on-topic.
    Only modding at tournaments now. I'm no longer taking mail order jobs. Please don't ask.
    "Being degrading or insulting is not the same as being hype. Huh, I think I just solved the problem with the entire community." -- Mike Z on the FGC

• WonderswanWonderswan PUTTIN' QUARTERS UP Joined: Posts: 684
    If anything brings out the salt, it's gonna be Double.

Ahem, I think you mean Peacock.

I don't know what's worse, solo peacock when you have R2s/R1s or Peacock with a good assist. Either way, Peacock brings the salt like Cable never could. Dat zoning. ;__;
    "A capacity for unlimited effort will hurdle the difficulties that frustrate lukewarm enthusiasts." - Loomis
  • Combo_KnightCombo_Knight DashUppah, Muhfuqqah! Joined: Posts: 4,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well Exodus Storm just sent me some hate mail

Scolding me for holding a Casual lobby and then winning in it.

I pray they were trolling
    Shoutouts to Hollywood SRK
    ---
  • Sensei RouzuSensei Rouzu Lion's Roar Joined: Posts: 3,770 ✭✭✭
    I wish I could get some.
    They call me Crimson Red. The blood of a million slaves in every verse that I pen.

Listening to : Sa-Roc / Zap Mama / Souls of Mischief / ChocQuibTown / Nas / Pete Rock & CL Smooth / Salsa Son Tiba
  • DoodleymanDoodleyman Hey! Joined: Posts: 1
    from AM-Reapers:

gg, nice Double you got there

It was nice, but I quite wish I got hatemail. I suppose I'll just have to get better.
  • ArachnofiendArachnofiend Double Uzis and a Wink Joined: Posts: 2,058
    I wish I could get some.
    I beat a guy 10-0 in a casual lobby today before he quit. He tried like four different teams but could not beat Peasoul with any of them. Hell I even started playing rushdown Peacock when I knew he had no idea how to beat my team.

I was kinda disappointed I didn't get any messages after he quit.
    Skullgirls: Peacock/Parasoul Marvel 2: BB Hood/Juggernaut/Ruby Heart Marvel 3: Tron/Strange/Skrull BlazBlue CSE: Hazama Vampire Savior: BB Hood
  • ShinMooShinMoo Whirling Fortress Joined: Posts: 106
    I guess the only hatemail i may have gotten was a "REALLY!?" after dood invited me to a room and i beat him 15+ in a row.

*turns on xbox*

I lied. he also sent "All my whiffed throws. all your lucky 50/50s. ugh" i guess its more fustration-mail. i dunno nor care
    "Trying is the first step to failure so dont ever try." -Homer Simpson
    Games played: Skullgirls, UMvC3, Soon DOA5, P4A, PS All Stars
    PSN: BOWs3R-Fr3aK
    XBL: ShinBowser.
  • OrehRatiugOrehRatiug Joined: Posts: 140 ✭✭✭
    I don't think I'm going to get any hatemail for this game, mostly because I stink SO much online. After being perfected 6 times in a row today (and these were my first matches online), I don't think I'm ever going to get good enough to encourage people to send hatemail. At any rate, I'll probably get morale-reducing hatemail, if that's even possible. :/
    If by morale-reducing hatemail you mean hatemail you get after losing, yes it is :(
    (Remembers someone insulting me on MvC3 after I lost using Sentinel)

Anyway, most of what I get is GGs, sometimes people compliment my Painwheel, but I'm awful so they think my dropped combos are resets :B
  • Jack_FrostJack_Frost M.C Joined: Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    as much as peacock players annoy me/I think she's for scrubs, I got beat by a peacock and HE messaged ME saying "say your prayers! lol"

I just responded saying "what are you, 12?"

he called me a sore loser

I responded back saying "you're the one who messaged me"

todays gamers man, I just dont know anymore..smh
    I gotta dig bick. You that read wrong. That awkward when you read that wrong also. And said 'moment' after awkward
  • HellfromaboveHellfromabove Skullgirls is the BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEST Joined: Posts: 2,578 mod
    I send messages to people, but only if they do dumb shit. Like, if they try to duck me or if they win one game finally then leave and don't let me get my revenge. Also, the one I hate the most, when I wait like 10 min for someone to join my unranked game then they play me for like three games and leave. Gets me ragin'.

-Tha Hindu
  • King of penguinsKing of penguins Joined: Posts: 323
    I send messages to people, but only if they do dumb shit. Like, if they try to duck me or if they win one game finally then leave and don't let me get my revenge. Also, the one I hate the most, when I wait like 10 min for someone to join my unranked game then they play me for like three games and leave. Gets me ragin'.

-Tha Hindu

What do you mean by "dumb shit"? like running face first into armored move or assist or???
    Sometime people leave when they know they are completely outmatched, no need to stick around getting perfected more than 3 times. I know people need to learn from defeat but against someone with much more experience in FG, who apply all kinds of strategy and swtich between them...Well it's better to search someone who isnt that much stronger.
    PSN id : Leroidespinguins
    Skullgirls : Peacock/Cerebella
    Umvc3 team : Nova/Taskmaster/Deadpool
    BlazBlue : Lambda-11 (main); Tager (sub)
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • dehmarkodehmarko Joined: Posts: 64
    I got a message last night that just said "holy crap" in the subject field.
    PSN: tv_allergy
    XBL: drgoober
  • SmedwicksSmedwicks Zeke's Gotta Eat Joined: Posts: 55
    I had a guy tell me to learn to combo with my ZONING/KEEPAWAY Peacock and that I was spamming and not zoning.

...Still wondering about that one.
    MVC3 Team: Haggar (Lariat)/Dr. Doom (Plasma Beam)/Taskmaster (Horizontal Shot)
    UMVC3 Team: Captain America (Shield Slash)/Taskmaster (Horizontal Shot)/Nova (Centurion Rush)
    SKULLLLLLLLLLLLGIRRRRRRRRRRRRRLS!!!!!: Peacock (George At The Airshow)/Filia (HP Updo)
  • ShadowShadow ¿ Joined: Posts: 2,125
    XDream000 said- "good games man! nice and close ^^b" Geez man, what a jerk!
  • MomochuuMomochuu Little ♥ Monster Joined: Posts: 14,355 ✭✭✭
    I had a guy accuse me last night of ragequitting in the middle of a match that I was winning and while I was in the middle of doing a combo.

On 4/24/2012 at 9:50 PM
    actinghero13 wrote:

nice dc. stay free
    This game seems to randomly DC a lot though, even before matches. Kinda strange. I love how he told me to "stay free" though when I was winning lol. I thought these people were still playing SFxT or some other easier game.
    Dante Combo Thread | Youtube Channel | Dante Tech Thread | @HelloKarinachuu
    UMvC3: Morrigan (α)/Dante (α)/ Doctor Doom (β)| Persona 4 Arena: Mitsuru/Shadow Labrys
    XBL Gamertag: Hello Momomo
    I had a guy tell me to learn to combo with my ZONING/KEEPAWAY Peacock and that I was spamming and not zoning.

...Still wondering about that one.
    Generally if you are close enough to your opponent to combo you've fucked up.

Still nice to know those Charlie Brown loops for clutch situations/fighting other Peacocks, though.
    Skullgirls: Peacock/Parasoul Marvel 2: BB Hood/Juggernaut/Ruby Heart Marvel 3: Tron/Strange/Skrull BlazBlue CSE: Hazama Vampire Savior: BB Hood
  • SmedwicksSmedwicks Zeke's Gotta Eat Joined: Posts: 55
    Generally if you are close enough to your opponent to combo you've fucked up.

Still nice to know those Charlie Brown loops for clutch situations/fighting other Peacocks, though.

I haven't really learned many close quarter stuff with Peacock (much due to being busy with school and having been unable to play) but so far I haven't really needed it, a get-off-me assist and the teleport have been enough for me to stay safe, I haven't gotten messed up by some Painwheels before, but other than that, I haven't had many people get in on me all that much.

Once I get a weekend free I definitely want to try and learn some decent Peacock stuff in case I need it, but I don't need it (yet), because zoning.
    MVC3 Team: Haggar (Lariat)/Dr. Doom (Plasma Beam)/Taskmaster (Horizontal Shot)
    UMVC3 Team: Captain America (Shield Slash)/Taskmaster (Horizontal Shot)/Nova (Centurion Rush)
    SKULLLLLLLLLLLLGIRRRRRRRRRRRRRLS!!!!!: Peacock (George At The Airshow)/Filia (HP Updo)
  • ShadowShadow ¿ Joined: Posts: 2,125
    If you are a Peacock player and I run into you on xbox then zone the hell out of me. I love it!
    got around to pasting this on

Combo Knight: GGs Pal
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...042300073.jpg/

Combo_Knight: Well it's on casual not beginner

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...042300069.jpg/

Combo_Knight: I was having fun and I'm Casual SG Player

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...042300070.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...042300071.jpg/

Thinking about this one, I think the game may have set me up.

I hit this guy with a Happy Birthday, and the announcer laughed.
    ---
  • Jon SlaytonJon Slayton Consistently Inconsistent Joined: Posts: 4,296
    On PSN:

Guiledrive
    ahahahahahahahah whats funny is that you actually think youre good. the only thing youre good at is calling assists. one on one youd have no chance ahahahahahahahahahahah

My response: Too bad it's not a one on one game dumbass.

ipitydatfu (after one match against painwheel double and quitting)
    too good
    "You know that sinking feeling when Zero hits you?" - MTP

You can only be as good as those you copy, those who you seek to emulate. If you want to be great then be yourself.
  • Broken LooseBroken Loose Time God Joined: Posts: 262
    I guess the only hatemail i may have gotten was a "REALLY!?" after dood invited me to a room and i beat him 15+ in a row.

*turns on xbox*

I lied. he also sent "All my whiffed throws. all your lucky 50/50s. ugh" i guess its more fustration-mail. i dunno nor care
    That was actually me. I was having a really shitty day where nothing was going my way (you were always just out of range for my throw resets, you always guessed correctly on my mixups and I always guessed incorrectly on yours, but our fundamentals and damage output were about the same otherwise). I believe that REALLY was when I whiffed 9 or so throws in a row and it was just starting to occur to me that Filia's normals always push the opponent out of her throw range.

Also, you were winning 9 to 6, not 15 to 0.
    Human souls are weighed down by gravity!
  • DaquiriDaquiri Joined: Posts: 21
    Hey everybody I presnt to you the return of CaButlerxRg69.png

The attitude of a true champion, encounter difficulty...........then quit
  • BoodendorfBoodendorf Imposing your will is a matter of strength. Joined: Posts: 1,464
    Hey everybody I presnt to you the return of CaButler
    *epicpic*

The attitude of a true champion, encounter difficulty...........then quit
    Pfft this is hilarious. Won't work at a tournament? Is he for real?
    "‎I don't know if you've ever let someone down, got your ass kicked or straight up failed. But those are the moments that define us. They push you further than you've ever thought possible, and force you to make choices. No matter what the cost." — Cole MacGrath
    Check out my youtube channel here!
    Skullgirls: Hamburger/Befstróganov/Filet Mignon ლ(´ڡ`ლ)
  • GHNekoGHNeko SYMPTONS INCLUDE RESETS, TICK THROWS & INPUT LAG Joined: Posts: 622
    damn. i wish i got hate mail. the only close to hatemail was from PSN.

Message 1 was like,

"Subject: Gay" and the rest was blanked. After I responded, he was like, "Level 3 of Valentine throw is OP."

i laughed. but other than that, everyone who I play on PSN usually compliments my Valentine with things like, "Sick resets" or "Your valentine is really good." and things of that nature, tho every now and then these compliments have excuses added on.
  • evilweevleevilweevle Xbox GT : MrFossy Joined: Posts: 3,774 ✭✭✭
    'dont feel bad about my super cheap team of peacock/parasoul/double. those assists are great cos they are invincible and cover so much space so i can hit confirm them into random supers anywhere on screen. you made a most noble effort sir. my hats off to you'

is what i tell myself i received after getting perfected about 5 times....
    3DS friend code : 0232 8273 2994
  • ShinMooShinMoo Whirling Fortress Joined: Posts: 106
    That was actually me. I was having a really shitty day where nothing was going my way (you were always just out of range for my throw resets, you always guessed correctly on my mixups and I always guessed incorrectly on yours, but our fundamentals and damage output were about the same otherwise). I believe that REALLY was when I whiffed 9 or so throws in a row and it was just starting to occur to me that Filia's normals always push the opponent out of her throw range.

Also, you were winning 9 to 6, not 15 to 0.

2 things. A. 9-6 score my favor is nothing I would post on the boards about. B. if the score was 9-6 my favor then you were playing another bella. I clearly remember going on a rampage during the set. Heck only 1 person ever invited me to a room after I played em in ranked so no it was not you.
    "Trying is the first step to failure so dont ever try." -Homer Simpson
    Games played: Skullgirls, UMvC3, Soon DOA5, P4A, PS All Stars
    PSN: BOWs3R-Fr3aK
    XBL: ShinBowser.
  • DaRabidDuckieDaRabidDuckie Happiest. Duck. Ever. Joined: Posts: 9,747 mod
    Psst... no pissing contests in here. Keep it strictly to hatemail.
    Only modding at tournaments now. I'm no longer taking mail order jobs. Please don't ask.
    "Being degrading or insulting is not the same as being hype. Huh, I think I just solved the problem with the entire community." -- Mike Z on the FGC

• d3vd3v #MAXCPM Fiber Override Joined: Posts: 24,811 mod
  • robert.mackenn05robert.mackenn05 Joined: Posts: 11
    i got hate mail for doing 2 omnomnoms in a combo... something about im using the head too much with my fortune and how my mother has a scadelous upbringing or some such.
  • UnessentialUnessential Joined: Posts: 1,147
    Almost every piece of rq/hatemail I get has something to do with me being canadian... yeah people real original...

And it's usually so random too... a long the lines of [insert rage here] fucking canadians.

[insert move here] lol canadians.

[canadian reference] [bodily threat here]
    <quitjockinmystyle> everybody i wil approve what is cheating moves or not.
    Supergun ST in Toronto! & Ranbats!
    Solderless supergunLIMITED TIME ONLY - $150 !!
    WTB: Dream ParaPara (Dreamcast), 18-in-1 CPS2 arcade board.
  • SnugglesSnuggles Joined: Posts: 24
    When I play un-ranked matches, I tend to play first to ten and I want to win by at least two. I went 10-2 against this guy, and he ragequit half way through the 10th win technically. I was also trying new resets on him so I wasn't even trying with my Fortune...

http://i49.tinypic.com/301fq08.jpg

This is the response to my Peacock. I lol'd and told him it's called zoning, and that he was simply being too easy to read. A good player could easily get past it.

His response; http://i48.tinypic.com/34owqok.jpg

I told him to face me again, I'd just use my Fortune. He could even use Peacock and zone my Fortune if he wanted.

His response; http://i47.tinypic.com/2lcwfg3.jpg

I've never even played either of those games...what do they have to do with Skullgirls anyway :[

Just realized his zone is "pro". Lawl.
  • ErionnErionn Joined: Posts: 3
    I got a "WOW AMAZING COMBO!! ^.^" after destroying some poor guy with a ~70% Cerebella combo.
  • worldjem7worldjem7 Seven World Jems Joined: Posts: 544
    Man, what is up with the XBL people? The closest thing to hatemail I got was someone complaining that I was using multiple characters. Saying things like "you're scared to play 1 on 1, you NEED 3 pple to win" after which I kindly explained to him what SkullGirls is all about. He said "I know that, but let's just see what happens."

So I played him in 1v1 and beat him, then he left.

Everything else has been like "man your fortune has great abare!" or "sick resets!"

I'm also starting to regularly send "ggs" messages after I play FT10 with people. lol

People are mostly very humble and it's very refreshing.
  • Ian ConwayIan Conway Rocket to Rail Joined: Posts: 131
    People in general have been nice, ive been trying to get as many practice partners as possible, the gayer the tactics, the better.
  • The Last MilletianThe Last Milletian Rank 1 Windmill: Spin to Win Joined: Posts: 57
    Man, what is up with the XBL people? The closest thing to hatemail I got was someone complaining that I was using multiple characters. Saying things like "you're scared to play 1 on 1, you NEED 3 pple to win" after which I kindly explained to him what SkullGirls is all about. He said "I know that, but let's just see what happens."

So I played him in 1v1 and beat him, then he left.

Everything else has been like "man your fortune has great abare!" or "sick resets!"

I'm also starting to regularly send "ggs" messages after I play FT10 with people. lol

People are mostly very humble and it's very refreshing.
    LOL I like this guy, maybe I'll start doing that to troll the world...

edit doubletake: oh wait i misinterpreted what he was saying
    i'll still do it anyway :U
  • ataconaziataconazi Joined: Posts: 579
    this message made me smile so much, ESPORTS LOVE

(after I beat him 20-0 with para (dp)/val (mortuary)/double (LK butt)
    [SIZE=11px]"fighting peole like u get me so hype. u dropped my jaws with some of ur tech. i almost teared up cuz of how beautifully in sync ur team is LOL./ i was tryna download some of that tech and ima try to level up seriously to that level. i wanna add you bro. GG"[/SIZE]
    gt: Jailhouse
    skullgirlsssss: parasoul/double
    marvel 3 is horrid
  • Jack_FrostJack_Frost M.C Joined: Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still havent got any hate mail yet and im actually not sure how I feel about this

I dont play lame or anything, its just weird not getting any hate mail from playing online fighters...does this game need a patch?!
    I gotta dig bick. You that read wrong. That awkward when you read that wrong also. And said 'moment' after awkward
  • THEQUEENOFLOVEHDTHEQUEENOFLOVEHD I expose frauds :) Joined: Posts: 1,006
    I get dozens of hatemail every day. But I also main Solo Cerebella, teabag between character deaths and shamelessly mash on 360 super
    How's about a nice hug? :3
    http://youtube.com/THEQUEENOFLOVEHD

"Women need food, water and compliments. And an occasional pair of shoes." - Chris Rock
  • Master_MindMaster_Mind Minette Z Joined: Posts: 300
    All my mail has been 'GG' messages. I'm so disappointed in myself for not being as rage-inducing as I should.
    GT: MasterMind34
  • worldjem7worldjem7 Seven World Jems Joined: Posts: 544
    Nah, it's just that SkullGirls is so BS-free that it's hard to be salty about anything. If you lose it's because you didn't play well enough, not because of shitty matchups or BS that you can't do anything about.
    Nah, it's just that SkullGirls is so BS-free that it's hard to be salty about anything. If you lose it's because you didn't play well enough, not because of shitty matchups or BS that you can't do anything about.
    This doesn't stop people.

That feel when the saltiest person you ever have to deal with is a local

I've gotten more complaints from him about my Peacock than I have gotten from everyone that I play online. :\
  • ElectricGhostElectricGhost Craggy Island "King of the Sheep" '96 Joined: Posts: 38
    No hatemail for me on the PSN side yet, either. Any particular reason the Xbox seems to have so much more hatemail?

Btw, QoL, that teabag comment made me laugh. XD
    PSN: FrankieMalone
    Xbox has a larger player base in the U.S. so it naturally follows that there will be more immature dicks playing Xbox games.
  • The Last MilletianThe Last Milletian Rank 1 Windmill: Spin to Win Joined: Posts: 57
    Clearly I don't play enough then, all I've been getting are good mails.
  • TV Boy CantiTV Boy Canti Joined: Posts: 45
    I counter Double assist with the Guide button.
    I told worldjem that I hate him for putting that double loop on youtube. now when people play me they do nothing but rage quit after they get downloaded.

I was really salty bout dem rage quits. :0
    ---
  • godhumanmonstergodhumanmonster #swagbiote Joined: Posts: 12
    I like that most of the hatemail people are getting is from people who think rushdown is the only true honorable way of the samurai.

When you have an entire stage at your disposal, USE IT.