What Do Players Message You When You Beat Them? Skullgirls Edition

Comments

• not so saintnot so saint The reports of my death are GREATLY exaggerated. Joined: Posts: 1,948
    Can you even camp in traditional 2D fighters?
    Only 2D fighter I know where something is actually camping rather than zoning is Smash.
    PS battle royale will have actual shooter characters so we will get one such game soon =]
    It will be done as it was foretold for we are servants of the Skully Ones and we will consume tuna with bacon and we will party for days and nights without rest and we no need other fate despite this one! For we are what we are and we will kneel before no one >=[
    "Russian science rise again!"
  • Number 13Number 13 The Courage to Skullgirl Joined: Posts: 1,545
    I laugh at thinking of the idea of camping in 2d fighters XD
    Currently Played Fighters [other alias: HooliganComboFTW]
    Persona 4 Arena: Yu Narukami Skullgirls: Solo Filia SSFIV AE: Cammy Dead or Alive 5: Hitomi/Rig
    KoF XIII : K'/Athena/Terry SoulCaliber V: Siegfried Tekken 6: Lili/Lars SF3OE: Alex SSF2HDRMX: Cammy
  • evilweevleevilweevle Xbox GT : MrFossy Joined: Posts: 3,685 ✭✭✭
    Can you even camp in traditional 2D fighters?

Duhh of course you can!

waiting for that 8 Ball or GEP gun biatch!
    3DS friend code : 0232 8273 2994
  • MyLifeIsAnRPGMyLifeIsAnRPG The Cerebella Ninja Joined: Posts: 1,073
    OOOOH got some juicy ones today.

Him: It's a game get over it stop the lag switch usage
    Me: Lag Switch? Uh... dude I aint got nothing but my PS3 here.
    Him: Make an actual combo ****
    Me: Uh... IDK I think I hit you with combos more than you hit me. Short ones though. I play very reset heavy. Lots of yomi. Lots of high low throw mixup.
    Me again: You use two of the characters I use. Bella and Double. If you ever want advice I'd be happy to give it. Use pummlehorse along with buttslam if you wanna pick up a combo. You can get the standard double re-stand off it.
    Me one last time: Actually... I have a question. To use a lag switch, if I understand correctly, you have to put a light switch spliced in between your ethernet wire. It periodically drops the connection which, in SG, automatically pauses the game. So, I doubt you could use one to an effective degree but if you could you'd basically be able to put two hands on the stick and take one off to turn the switch off when you need it and back on when you are ready to play. If I had manual dexterity like that I wouldn't need a lag switch.

He was silent from here on out so I stopped pestering him. I tend to try and start conversations with the people who flame me.
  • TerminiTermini Play Skullgirls, ya jerk. Joined: Posts: 55
    Me: Good Game.
    Him: Are you kidding me? You're just saying that because you won.
    Me: I say it regardless of winning or losing. It just so happened I won this one.
    Him: whatever virgin
    Me: Originality goes a long way buddy. I've heard that one on every game I've ever played.
    Him: whatever you say **** please get a life i bet you live with your mom.
    Me: Well yeah, I do live with my mom. I mean I'm only 18 so I just finished high school in June. Shouldn't I still be here a while? Besides, I love my family.

And that was that.
    Xbl: Orpheus Arisato
    PSN: Terminia (mostly used just for Vita games)
    Skullgirls (I have it for Xbox 360) - Solo Filia <3
    P4U (I have it for Xbox 360) - Yosuke
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
    Just decided to fuck with this one.

Him: Lrn 2 play without hornet ****
    Me: In five days you will learn the truth.
    Him: wat
    Me: Five days... then you will understand your destiny. This meeting was fated. Soon the veil of reality will be lifted and all will be made clear.
    Him: ?
    Me: The ancients have told me to bring you this message handed down from generation to generation. It was given to me on a parchment made from the oldest Sakura tree in Japan. It reads simply... "block more."
  • TerminiTermini Play Skullgirls, ya jerk. Joined: Posts: 55
    Just decided to fuck with this one.

Him: Lrn 2 play without hornet ****
    Me: In five days you will learn the truth.
    Him: wat
    Me: Five days... then you will understand your destiny. This meeting was fated. Soon the veil of reality will be lifted and all will be made clear.
    Him: ?
    Me: The ancients have told me to bring you this message handed down from generation to generation. It was given to me on a parchment made from the oldest Sakura tree in Japan. It reads simply... "block more."
    Oh man that's brilliant. Seriously why have I never thought of this.
    Xbl: Orpheus Arisato
    PSN: Terminia (mostly used just for Vita games)
    Skullgirls (I have it for Xbox 360) - Solo Filia <3
    P4U (I have it for Xbox 360) - Yosuke
  • not so saintnot so saint The reports of my death are GREATLY exaggerated. Joined: Posts: 1,948
    Oh man that's brilliant. Seriously why have I never thought of this.
    Because YOUR life is not an RPG.

Duh.
    It will be done as it was foretold for we are servants of the Skully Ones and we will consume tuna with bacon and we will party for days and nights without rest and we no need other fate despite this one! For we are what we are and we will kneel before no one >=[
    Here's one from last night.

Him: Nice spam
    Me: Nice pants.

That is all

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
  • Natureboy477Natureboy477 Joined: Posts: 149
    Here's one from last night.

Him: Nice spam
    Me: Nice pants.

That is all

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
    Would've been better if he said "I'm not wearing pants."
  • abrahamabraham psn: ninja-nutria, plays SG,SFIV,P4. Joined: Posts: 49
    this happend to me a few months ago:

first match is started zoning the guy using peacock (he lost)

20120601200022.jpg

me:(didnt answer)

second match i zoned less and threw some combos when i had the chance. its not my fault he cant defend against zoning. (he lost)

me:there you have it. i did some combos and tried to zone you less.

aamm132 : learn to play the game bitch learn more combos, all you can do its spam shit, fucking spamer.

i won the third match without georges.

me:anything else?.

aamm132 : didnt answerd.
    PSN: ninja-nutria

need a cartoonist?. you ask, i draw.
    professional illustrator: http://www.behance.net/abrahamrdz
  • view619view619 ざわ ざわ ざわ Joined: Posts: 1,686
    Should have kept "spamming" until he left.
    "You can lead a scrub to techniques, but you can't make him think."
    That aamm132 guy is the saltiest motherfucker
  • guitalex2007guitalex2007 Joined: Posts: 3,023
    If you beat him with long combos: you're a lag switcher.
    If you beat him with zoning: you're a spammer.
    If you beat him with a perfect balance of each: you're a spamming lag switcher.

I mean, honestly, we should all make him quit the game.

And this is how we'll do it:
    1) He plays Fortune, Bella, Double. Snap in Double first chance you got. He'll either crap his pants of immediately switch out, so be ready. Once Double is dead, the thread level is next to nothing. Expect a disconnect.
    2) Zone the shit out of him with no mercy. Doublecock his ass for all I care and don't stop regardless of hate mail.
    Ms. Fortune is great. Everybody likes a little head action every now and then.
    Stream here! Follow @guitalex on Twitter for stream updates!
    Well, it's official. No matter what Peacock does, it's "turtling". Even when she's in your face, pushing your shit in. Remember Peacock players, you're not good because SG doesn't "punish turtling as hard as other games". Sigh, XBL randoms.
    snip
    He sounds like a shitty player. The threat level should always be next to nothing. >_>
    Doublecock his ass

You just said that thing.

That just happened.

God I'm immature.

That just happened.

God I'm immature.
    For a moment I thought you did it literally. I was kinda =O

That just happened.

God I'm immature.
    Sadly, I realized how horrible that sounded, but left it anyway because he deserves it.
  • palipali PSN:Heavyjugz Joined: Posts: 976

Hes actually a nice guy, hes on my friendslist.
  • EMREMR Call me, Eggy. I dislike my SRK name. lol Joined: Posts: 1,029
    I am not from the SG community. Just stopping by to see all the salty stuff that happens on your game. Seems every game has bunch of scrubs on it. And those "oMg St0p BeInG Ch3aP FuCkN ****" e-thugs. I thought an indie fighting game wouldn't have that non-sense. :S
    I am not from the SG community. Just stopping by to see all the salty stuff that happens on your game. Seems every game has bunch of scrubs on it. And those "oMg St0p BeInG Ch3aP FuCkN ****" e-thugs. I thought an indie fighting game wouldn't have that non-sense. :S
    It's a fighting game. Lots of people feel entitled to being mad at others for winning over them.

Sad? Yes. Pathetic? Yes. Do we all get a little salty when we lose? Yes.
  • EMREMR Call me, Eggy. I dislike my SRK name. lol Joined: Posts: 1,029
    It's a fighting game. Lots of people feel entitled to being mad at others for winning over them.

It's just weird to see that on a niche game. Excuse if I sounded clueless. lol
  • SweetJohnnyCageSweetJohnnyCage East Coast Throwdown Joined: Posts: 1,136

It happens to me in QuakeLive all the time, too. I get called a cheater because I level up in skill quicker than most. I've been accused of aimbotting and being cheesy on multiple occasions.

for an example.

Shitty people will always complain about losing. Actually, shitty people will always complain period, even when winning.
    www.ecthrowdown.com
    www.tfctournament.com
    yeah that happens in Counter strike too.

• 0chocolachao00chocolachao0 Your Drunk Roomate Joined: Posts: 160
    Guys, what's the secret to getting hate mail plz!? I need to know.
    Is that girl a boy too?
    I play Skullgirls! Have a match with me please!
    Team: Filiawheel
    PSN: ChocolaChao
    As long as you're winning/better, the average player will always bitch. Why improve when you can just blame the other guy and run away?
    i have not had a single rage mail on this game yet and it makes me sad then again most my matches now are people on my friend list so that could be why. maybe i should start playing fugazi i reckon that will work.
    the closest i have had to a hate mail so far in this game was yesterday i was playing someone on my friends list for a fair few games, and times in the past he has occasionally teabagged me in the game, either after killing characters/winning rounds etc etc. i find this incredibly disrespectful esp since this person doesnt know me in the slightest tbh, so any time he does it to me first i do it back about 10 times as bad until i feel ive made my point.

so yesterday after teabagging furiously from across the screen after a combo, and then doing it again in the middle of a combo before finishing him off (Fortune is great for that) he gave up and just stood there and let me kill him, even though i had only killed one of his characters and he still had 2 left (i was playing a duo) even into the next round he had given up and didnt play again until about halfway through his first characters life. he stopped teabagging me after that.
  • Dime_xDime_x master theorist Joined: Posts: 4,936 ✭✭
    I still have no idea why people get so mad at characters crouching...

-dime
    Skullgirls: Painwheel/double & Peacock/x/painwheel. SSF4 AE 2012: Ibuki
    ST: Dee Jay,Vega,Ryu,Zangief,Boxer,Chun,Guile,Sagat
    If you're offended by your own playstyle that doesnt make sense -Pali
    -Dime_x
    just wait for the patch and hate mail will find you again.

I still have no idea why people get so mad at characters crouching...

-dime

on the surface yea that is all it is but it has deeper meanings as do most gestures, which i find to be the equivalent to say, pointing and laughing at someone or putting people down in front of others on purpose. between friends its all well and good but total strangers doing it to you is not cool. its even more sad when said player loses most times he plays me.

when you only do it in retaliation though its totally ironic :D
  • djunuudjunuu NADIA BUSINESS Joined: Posts: 60
    Well, I've just received my first bout of hate mail. Coming from P0ng83, he rage quit in the middle of a match.

3v3, I was close to ending his third character when he rage quit.

I was slightly bewildered, so here's how it went.

Me: ?
    Him: terrible netcode.
    (ironically there was very little lag for an 83 ping)
    Me: That makes no excuse to rage quit. That's very unsportsmanlike.
    Him: :yawn:
    Me: No wonder you can't play, you're sleepy! Try waking yourself up next time.

Never thought I would receive hatemail at any rate.
  • Uncivilized ElkUncivilized Elk Joined: Posts: 713
    That's not hatemail...
    PSN: Uncivilized_Elk
  • djunuudjunuu NADIA BUSINESS Joined: Posts: 60
    That's not hatemail...
    I would count it as such. Well, at least unsportsmanlike behavior. That, and I dislike rage quitters on fighting games.
  • Natureboy477Natureboy477 Joined: Posts: 149
    Why don't people ever get mad at me? >.> I try really hard, but I've never gotten any hate mail. Maybe I should stop adding everybody that I play?
  • Skyking_jSkyking_j Nami! Onepiece! Oda! Joined: Posts: 178
    I was playing a dude named Eliaz99zz (or something like that). In our second match I realized he was talking on a mike. I used my Painwheel and pressured him in the corner, I guess he didn't like it because I could slightly hear him screaming on the mike. when round 2 ended and the play again menu came up I could hear him better. He said "You like keeping me in the corner dont you?(...) If I ever encounter you again I will quit..." Then he quit.

"ggs bro." Was my response as always.

Now when I see him I'll join his room, just to see how he reacts.

People gotta post in this thread again. :(
    ...If you haven't noticed I'm a One piece fan.
  • Fatface McGrawFatface McGraw Joined: Posts: 48
    SG players I encounter are too polite. One guy I encountered yesterday seemed pretty cocky when he messaged me between our fights "I need to stop watching the news to fight you" and proceeded to stomp me. He lady-teabagged my characters every round he won, too. But when I messaged him after the games he wasn't a doucher at all.
    PSN: SkippyMcYay
    I was playing a dude named Eliaz99zz (or something like that). In our second match I realized he was talking on a mike. I used my Painwheel and pressured him in the corner, I guess he didn't like it because I could slightly hear him screaming on the mike. when round 2 ended and the play again menu came up I could hear him better. He said "You like keeping me in the corner dont you?(...) If I ever encounter you again I will quit..." Then he quit.

"ggs bro." Was my response as always.

Now when I see him I'll join his room, just to see how he reacts.

People gotta post in this thread again. :(
    OMG last night it happened to me.

I fought him since for all of 30 minutes he was the only one there. After a few games he stopped doing anything but walking back to the corner. I actually thought he was trying to learn to block Filia's mixups.

Then he leaves and tells me "people have told me about you. if you ever join my room again i'll forfeit"

To which at first I replied "um ok"

But then I couldn't contain myself and said "i'm just confused as to why you kept hitting play again or why you misrepresented yourself as a casual when you're clearly not. I was under the impression that you were trying to learn but ok".

Why do people think that "casual" means "beginner" or "intermediate" in any way? It seems that more often than not a casual room will have someone who knows combos, resets, mixups... I join those rooms so I can play with characters I don't usually play as, but then I'm screwed royally and my limiter comes off lol
    It's meant as "FG casual", but people can mistake it for "casual gamer". I thought it was a slightly misleading name when i started SG. Since they already have beginner and expert, why not just use intermediate?
  • Skyking_jSkyking_j Nami! Onepiece! Oda! Joined: Posts: 178
    Why do people think that "casual" means "beginner" or "intermediate" in any way

This! Just put beginner or Practice!

And the reason he didn't quit is because he wanted to win one round off you before he left. He said that to me when he beat my Cerebella.

I'm curious to know what people does this guy play? He sounds like a prince.
    ...If you haven't noticed I'm a One piece fan.
    This! Just put beginner or Practice!

And the reason he didn't quit is because he wanted to win one round off you before he left. He said that to me when he beat my Cerebella.

I'm curious to know what people does this guy play? He sounds like a prince.
    Wow... sadly he didn't get that from me.

And that was with Filia/Fortune. Mostly Filia.
    It's meant as "FG casual", but people can mistake it for "casual gamer". I thought it was a slightly misleading name when i started SG. Since they already have beginner and expert, why not just use intermediate?
    Because "Intermediate" was removed in the patch.

Seriously, check it out. You can't set rooms to Intermediate anymore.

And uh... what exactly is the difference between FG casual and casual gamer? To me, either says "I am playing for fun and don't really know how to play this game", even if the FG casual has played fighting games before.

If they know combos, mixups and resets, they don't belong in casual. That's pretty much it.
  • ShnarflShnarfl Joined: Posts: 46
    intermediate was never an option when making rooms. it's always been Practice-Beginner-Casual-Expert
    PSN: jack_shnarf
    intermediate was never an option when making rooms. it's always been Practice-Beginner-Casual-Expert
    Huh... could've sworn it was there on PS3 before the patch.

So if some people treat Casual as Intermediate, and some people pick Casual because they don't know how to play, there really is no way to tell whether they play until you try.
  • PicklesPickles Professional Busta Joined: Posts: 41
    I've always interpreted casual in Fighting games as "I know how to play, i got a few mixups and resets but i'm not really THAT serious"

Then again with the rise of the "casual gamer" and the new terminology that thus got associated with it I really don't know what to expect.
    FG noob (maybe)
    Play: Skullgirls, Darkstalkers (on GGPO, currently trying to get the hang of it)
    PSN: GRAVE_VIOLATOR14 (Stupid name I know)
    Casual is for players like me who get bodied in every expert room they enter. Not to say that I won't enter any expert room I can find, because it feels awesome to get a little better at defense every time.
  • keninblackkeninblack Joined: Posts: 3,467
    I never play online but when I did like... the first week the patch came out, I got called a "ungrateful and unhonarable peasant, you don't deserve to play this game because you are a little bitch." In those exact words, because I killed whoever his first character was, than I got him on an incoming mix up in the corner and I did my touch of death combo on him. I can't remember his name, but whenever I get hatemail I try to respond with something nice like... "You're so right! Hope to catch you at a tournament babe! ^_^b"
  • SpaceOutNightmareSpaceOutNightmare Stays Sandbaggin' Joined: Posts: 2,336 ✭✭
    I am going to start playing team loli so expect me to be the subject of this thread alot in the upcoming weeks.

I promise to hand out all salt mail without impunity.
    Thinking about redoing BOB tournament for the patch, anyone game?
    Casual is for players like me who get bodied in every expert room they enter.
    I call that "Beginner" or "Practice".
  • ShnarflShnarfl Joined: Posts: 46
    jesus christ guitalex

there's a difference between being new at the game and losing to the best the game has to offer. Just because people like me get bodied by the likes of Duckator or WingZero, we should make beginner rooms and rot there with the people who've never played the game before? That's what you're sounding like right now. Casual is for the people who are not as dedicated as experts but know the system pretty well. That includes knowing basic combos and mixups. This is what I expect when I join a casual room and 95% of the time it's what I get. That knowledge alone makes us more than beginners but it's obviously not enough to beat the best there is. So please, fix your twisted standards. The room names might not be the best, but they're still plenty informative.
    PSN: jack_shnarf
    lol @ people still thinking room titles matter. You don't know what you're getting until the announcer says "fight". Stop trying to group players based on the rooms they create. I could create a room titled "beginner" and be the best SG player in the world. Shit does not matter, net play is net play.