What Do Players Message You When You Beat Them? Skullgirls Edition

DaRabidDuckieDaRabidDuckie Happiest. Duck. Ever.Joined: Posts: 9,766 mod
Kinda surprised we don't have one of these yet...

Anywho, I'll kick this off. In addition to numerous ragequits tonight, I got this lovely piece of hatemail...

IMG_2994.jpg

Funny thing is, is I play rushdown.
Only modding at tournaments now. I'm no longer taking mail order jobs. Please don't ask.
"Being degrading or insulting is not the same as being hype. Huh, I think I just solved the problem with the entire community." -- Mike Z on the FGC

·

Comments

• guitalex2007guitalex2007 Joined: Posts: 3,023
    Well, the thing is... I haven't received any hatemail whatsoever in this game.

Unless "u r beast" means I'm some sort of deranged monster who eats babies.
    Ms. Fortune is great. Everybody likes a little head action every now and then.
    Stream here! Follow @guitalex on Twitter for stream updates!
    ·
  • OMG its a duckOMG its a duck Bruh I'm in down bad bruh Joined: Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭✭
    I played the same guy! His lovely mail to me was: "You think I'm going to waste my time with your fucking turtling ways? Then enjoy having your time wasted when I kill the match. Have fun with that, prick."

Beautiful.
    ·
  • DaRabidDuckieDaRabidDuckie Happiest. Duck. Ever. Joined: Posts: 9,766 mod
    I played the same guy! His lovely mail to me was: "You think I'm going to waste my time with your fucking turtling ways? Then enjoy having your time wasted when I kill the match. Have fun with that, prick."

Beautiful.
    Ain't our fault dude's Cerebella sucks! :p
    Only modding at tournaments now. I'm no longer taking mail order jobs. Please don't ask.
    "Being degrading or insulting is not the same as being hype. Huh, I think I just solved the problem with the entire community." -- Mike Z on the FGC

·
  • OmniSScytheOmniSScythe Something else Joined: Posts: 689
    172yvt.png

Vial B is cheating apparently. :eek:
    ·
    Wow, that guy is on a roll... surprised he hasn't been banned yet.

·
  • OmniSScytheOmniSScythe Something else Joined: Posts: 689
    Anyone that play Blazblue ran across him at some point, I just wanted to trolling him to the best of my abilities when I got matched up with him. lol
    ·
  • Austin_QEDAustin_QED "It's Whoop-Ass Time!" Joined: Posts: 1,739
    I did a Cerebella mirror with some guy and bodied him.

He sent me a message saying "how do you do that"

I promptly sent him here.

I haven't seen him since, hope he comes and gets better.
    ·
  • FishyFishy Tisk Tisk, Loox Like We'll Have To Operate~ Joined: Posts: 175
    I juss get compliments on my Valentine~
    Get Real, Get Skullgirls~
    ·
  • The Last MilletianThe Last Milletian Rank 1 Windmill: Spin to Win Joined: Posts: 57
    I got a GG (and a friend request!) after a good Filia v. Valentine match. Match was pretty hard fought and down to the wire too, can't wait to play him again.

I'm looking forward to stomping this CaButler guy. -w-
    ·
  • BoodendorfBoodendorf Imposing your will is a matter of strength. Joined: Posts: 1,465
    Rename this topic: "The only ragequitter of the skullgirls community: CaButler's hatemails topic."
    "‎I don't know if you've ever let someone down, got your ass kicked or straight up failed. But those are the moments that define us. They push you further than you've ever thought possible, and force you to make choices. No matter what the cost." — Cole MacGrath
    Check out my youtube channel here!
    Skullgirls: Hamburger/Befstróganov/Filet Mignon ლ(´ڡ`ლ)
    ·
  • DaquiriDaquiri Joined: Posts: 21
    DuSUP.png This is after I tried to chip him with bionic car, he still had a pixel left but didnt punish. so I killed him
    ·
  • The DukeThe Duke Joined: Posts: 14,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn you'd think a guy in the spot light like that wouldn't send salt. Guess that explains his "Double is the best in the game" tweet.
    ·
  • Nini HeartNini Heart Red Pill Joined: Posts: 6,609
    Wow, cabutler has managed to invade the skullgirls netplay too?
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    I ♥ Me
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ·
    iBfdM.png
    ·
    Oyyu0.pngLmao this guy got bodied I'm not even sure this guy knows the objective is to win
    ·
    spUyS.pngI guess this guy is worse than shit
    ·
    BPQZV.pngZ7FkL.pngpxQLf.png
    ·
    hIyUT.pngVCGat.pngwKBPN.pngApparently airdashing face first into parasoul AA fireball with filia is how you play with "Real Skill"
    ·
  • BoodendorfBoodendorf Imposing your will is a matter of strength. Joined: Posts: 1,465
    Daquiri dude what kind of team do you play to piss so many people off?
    "‎I don't know if you've ever let someone down, got your ass kicked or straight up failed. But those are the moments that define us. They push you further than you've ever thought possible, and force you to make choices. No matter what the cost." — Cole MacGrath
    ·
  • King of penguinsKing of penguins Joined: Posts: 323
    "Do you even have fun spamming like a pussy?"

guess peacock can bring out the salt.
    PSN id : Leroidespinguins
    Skullgirls : Peacock/Cerebella
    Umvc3 team : Nova/Taskmaster/Deadpool
    BlazBlue : Lambda-11 (main); Tager (sub)
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
    ·
  • TessiusTessius Scrubulous Joined: Posts: 442

I was thinking the same thing. No hatemail so far for me :(.
    "I hope you little shits are cast into a furnace of hell-fire with your mouths duct-taped shut, while Ono repeatedly tells you he's changing the DP execution to one button." - SynikaL
    ·

I play any combination of Peacock, Double and Parasoul. I play a heavy zoning style.
    ·
    I play any combination of Peacock, Double and Parasoul. I play a heavy zoning style.
    Haha it must be hilarious to see players' reaction in game when you zone them so hard.
    ·
    Haha it must be hilarious to see players' reaction in game when you zone them so hard.

about 30% of my matches are rage quits, sometimes in fear of getting perfected
    ·
  • ZidianeZidiane HyperCharging YOLO STAR Joined: Posts: 1,224
    Hey everybody. If you are good, or are using cheap tactics (That only work when the opponent doesn't know how to deal with them), and the person you beat invites you to a room to try and practice against you, please do it. The only matches I lose are against tactics I don't know how to deal with. Then I try to better myself by inviting the dude to play some matches, so I can get used to seeing and figuring out what I can do against certain tactics, but I never get a response. That's really messed up. You aren't obligated to do so, but you'd really be helping someone out.
    xbl/psn: Zidiane/zidiane5
    Skullgirls: Cerebella, SSB Melee: Kirby, Samus
    Ever wonder how to play Cerebella, of Skullgirls fame? Here's a guide I made!
    ·
  • Jet Set DizzyJet Set Dizzy Night of the Defender Joined: Posts: 2,270
    Hey everybody. If you are good, or are using cheap tactics (That only work when the opponent doesn't know how to deal with them), and the person you beat invites you to a room to try and practice against you, please do it. The only matches I lose are against tactics I don't know how to deal with. Then I try to better myself by inviting the dude to play some matches, so I can get used to seeing and figuring out what I can do against certain tactics, but I never get a response. That's really messed up. You aren't obligated to do so, but you'd really be helping someone out.
    I think most people around here would take that invite, as long as the connection was good.
    "No, that's the extent of my knowledge. I just smash the keyboard with my elbows for a few hours a day and somehow this game happened."- Mike Z
    ·
  • guitalex2007guitalex2007 Joined: Posts: 3,023
    OK this is ridiculous. Is all this hate going on in XBL?

I've fought Peacock/Parasouls and while tough to get in, it's not impossible. The guy even added me to his friends so we could play again.
    The problem is that most people, after they lose horribly, they will just either disconnect or return to the main menu. And also a lot of people think that winning ONE match is enough to show they're better than you so they will quit.

Unless it's extremely laggy, I choose what the loser chooses. And if I lose, I go to Play Again. My objective is to fight others as much as possible and win consistently.

Reminds me of a guy who cheesed me out of a win once and left, then he made another room so I fought him again and went 20-0 against him. He just kept hitting Play Again and so did I. I just felt like telling him that I'm no fluke without actually saying the words :)
    Ms. Fortune is great. Everybody likes a little head action every now and then.
    Stream here! Follow @guitalex on Twitter for stream updates!
    ·
  • ZidianeZidiane HyperCharging YOLO STAR Joined: Posts: 1,224
    I have trouble with good versions of every character, of course, but I'm trying to deal with it. Painwheel, it always seems, has this quick high/low flight cancel whatever manuver, and by the time I start to understand what's happening (two combos later), I'm running on pixels. I am starting to learn how to manuever around Peacock, utilizing quick and non-predictable Battletoads, j.HP float, reflector, close lock and load, and butt poke. I don't know how to deal with Parasoul, Filia, or Double other than bloack attack, then counter. Valentine counter strategy is don't get hit. Fortune, don't let her do whatever she wants with her head. So, yeah, accept room invites: people like me need them.

Oh, and I do have a little something to contribute to the thread. My first day, I was on a winning streak, and got a message from someone I beat. It said "gg you are the first person I've ran into that didn't just spam". I found that funny. I also was fighting this one Solo bella (In a mirror match). I was using the Pink bella, because she looks like she has bubble gum arms, and I think dude thought I was a girl. He went easy at first, but played seriously after the first match. I won probably 5 games in a row (10 matches), when we started the next one, he won a single round, and then disconnected. I found that funny as well.
    xbl/psn: Zidiane/zidiane5
    Skullgirls: Cerebella, SSB Melee: Kirby, Samus
    Ever wonder how to play Cerebella, of Skullgirls fame? Here's a guide I made!
    ·
  • Y2RyokoY2Ryoko Joined: Posts: 112
    myfirsthate.jpg

This is actually my first hate mail on XBL. I entered this guy's "Expert" lobby, lost the first couple of games, then zoned out his Cerebella x Valentine team for four straight matches (I play Parasoul and Double btw), three of which were timeouts. Then he turned on his mic and screamed "Oh my god you're terrible!". So I just left to find some better, more chill players. Then he sent me the message. I feel like I leveled up that day. As a player and as a person.
    ·
  • MomochuuMomochuu Little ♥ Monster Joined: Posts: 14,427 ✭✭✭
    I love these threads because it's like the same 10 people go from game to game ragequitting and sending ragemail lol.
    Dante Combo Thread | Youtube Channel | Dante Tech Thread | @HelloKarinachuu
    UMvC3: Morrigan (α)/Dante (α)/ Doctor Doom (β)| Persona 4 Arena: Mitsuru/Shadow Labrys
    XBL Gamertag: Hello Momomo
    ·
  • Combo_KnightCombo_Knight DashUppah, Muhfuqqah! Joined: Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Comments like :

Solo double is scary

Double is OP

You have a beastly double.

I'm all like: "No I'm not, stop lying to me! T_T "

Especially because in a few weeks my shenanigans are gonna stop working.

I do however get tons of rage quits from people that make Expert level rooms and then get bodied
    Shoutouts to Hollywood SRK
    ---
    ·
  • ArachnofiendArachnofiend Double Uzis and a Wink Joined: Posts: 2,058
    This is after I tried to chip him with bionic car, he still had a pixel left but didnt punish. so I killed him
    You should have replied with OMG It's Fraudulence

I've gotten a few "lol nice runaway" messages but that's about it. The PSN guys seem to be a lot less tool-ish than the Xbox players. :p
    Skullgirls: Peacock/Parasoul Marvel 2: BB Hood/Juggernaut/Ruby Heart Marvel 3: Tron/Strange/Skrull BlazBlue CSE: Hazama Vampire Savior: BB Hood
    ·
  • stevedavestevedave That's Filthy Long Joined: Posts: 119
    Kinda surprised we don't have one of these yet...

Anywho, I'll kick this off. In addition to numerous ragequits tonight, I got this lovely piece of hatemail...

Funny thing is, is I play rushdown.

That's awesome... Watch out for your legs bro
    ·
  • HepatitisQHepatitisQ I farted Joined: Posts: 20
    I only get messages that say "gg"

POLITE MANNERS FTW
    ·
    I think most people around here would take that invite, as long as the connection was good.
    Hey yo Jet set dizzy I see you on the xbl leaderboards, Im comin for youuuuu Nigga!!!!! (Booker T voice)
    ·
    I only get messages that say "gg"

POLITE MANNERS FTW
    I envy you, I really do.
    ·
  • Jet Set DizzyJet Set Dizzy Night of the Defender Joined: Posts: 2,270
    Hey yo Jet set dizzy I see you on the xbl leaderboards, Im comin for youuuuu Nigga!!!!! (Booker T voice)
    Wow I must be really good at this game.(NOPE)
    "No, that's the extent of my knowledge. I just smash the keyboard with my elbows for a few hours a day and somehow this game happened."- Mike Z
    ·
  • ataconaziataconazi Joined: Posts: 579
    I can't find too many good players on xbl right now..I ran into masts cj and we had a nice set (I still beat him 10-4) but mostly I just demolish everyone. Am I DA BEST???????

"This isn't EVO 2012 asshole, get a life" is my favoirte message so far. Negativ edge was his name
    gt: Jailhouse
    skullgirlsssss: parasoul/double
    marvel 3 is horrid
    ·
    I envy you, I really do.
    I suspect that he probably doesn't play Peacock.
    Skullgirls: Peacock/Parasoul Marvel 2: BB Hood/Juggernaut/Ruby Heart Marvel 3: Tron/Strange/Skrull BlazBlue CSE: Hazama Vampire Savior: BB Hood
    ·
  • MyLifeIsAnRPGMyLifeIsAnRPG The Cerebella Ninja Joined: Posts: 1,073
    Weirdest message I ever got on psn after winning with my cere double team today. "I don't understand handbasket"

... What?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
    ·
  • TeejayMackzeemumTeejayMackzeemum TJMaximum for skullgirls ERRYDAY Joined: Posts: 26
    Best One I got yet " put down the Peacock you cumdrop ****. Learn how to play a FIGHTING game. only pussies use that many projectiles"
    lol, so apparently using peacock the way she's intended made me spontaneously gay. Also, It's funny because I rushed in a lot to combo his shit when he was too obvious. Solo Peacock makes salt, people. A nicer one (though salty) I got was "GG if u dint spam butt launch assist so much"
    Yu-wan (using water attacks, not ice) and T.J. Maximum for Skullgirls DLC! make it happen
    ·
  • DragoombaDragoomba Skrull is too broken. Joined: Posts: 798
    snip
    And he wonders why a lot of people don't like him.
    ·
  • TeejayMackzeemumTeejayMackzeemum TJMaximum for skullgirls ERRYDAY Joined: Posts: 26
    And he wonders why a lot of people don't like him.
    where have I seen his name before...?
    Yu-wan (using water attacks, not ice) and T.J. Maximum for Skullgirls DLC! make it happen
    ·
  • Austin_QEDAustin_QED "It's Whoop-Ass Time!" Joined: Posts: 1,739
    Hey, I just got one from Giant_Tensai.

The lag was bad, so we were both dropping combos (I dunno if he had them, but I'm gonna assume)

So bad, I couldn't even chain crouching jab into crouching strong.

I beat him, and I tell him that we need a better connection before we can learn the painwheel/cerebella matchup.

He calls me a spammer and says "That I only have one combo cheep cheep".

Come on, you're trolling me, right Giant_Tensei?
    ·
    where have I seen his name before...?
    He's the guy that got exposed by Rikir (Tron/Jam Session/Arthur player) in Final Round.

It was beautiful.
    ·
  • ShadowShadow ¿ Joined: Posts: 2,125
    This is after I tried to chip him with bionic car, he still had a pixel left but didnt punish. so I killed him

LMFAO you should've sent him something like what was it like being sponsored by DMG for 10 minutes?

To be honest I don't really mind zoning in this game. Every character is great and has tons of tools.
    ·
  • JiavinJiavin Seeker of the Truth Joined: Posts: 375
    I don't think I'm going to get any hatemail for this game, mostly because I stink SO much online. After being perfected 6 times in a row today (and these were my first matches online), I don't think I'm ever going to get good enough to encourage people to send hatemail. At any rate, I'll probably get morale-reducing hatemail, if that's even possible. :/
    I am a terrible fighter. I don't know any of the fighting game lingo. No, seriously. Bread and butter? I don't want food in my fighting games, dammit! I'd rather have Fsteak.
    Here for bad fighting gameplay and random stuff! Oh, god, I write, too.
    ·
    He's the guy that got exposed by Rikir (Tron/Jam Session/Arthur player) in Final Round.

It was beautiful.
    The sad thing is, he's actually a really great guy who has never backed down from helping out at any tournament he goes to. He's just got this bad temper that gets him into trouble...

·
    I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on that, I mean it's not like I know him personally. I just love to see well-known players get blown up by Tron.

Come to Evo, ABEGEN, everyone wants to see it.
    ·
  • ArkkaiArkkai Yare Yare Daze Joined: Posts: 305 ✭✭✭
    BUYACUSHUN:
    GG

NINE niGhtmareS:
    you are shit learn to combo (uuu i guess 50% combos dont count)

videohmstr
    nice peacock. gotta figure a way around that shadow!

Valtz7
    good game

uHu WolfFather
    Zoning is the new rushdown it seems.

TheMonkanator
    gg your pretty good

i want more hate mail :(
    Xbox GT: Arkkai SRK
    PSN: Arkkai_SRK
    FC: 2165-5935-0661
    ·