Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale Announced

Comments

• Honor BasquiatHonor Basquiat Joined: Posts: 1,391
    "Victory goes to the player with the highest number of KOs; knocking out a character adds to your score while being knocked out subtracts from it."

Seems like it wouldn't be a problem in one vs one but would be a potential problem in multiplayer. Sounds like zoning won't be a viable tactic, especially in multiplayer. Really hoping level 3 supers are not unblockable. I'm not particularly excited about stages that damage characters, especially if they can literally kill them, hoping this is either an option you can turn off, or is very predictable. Very excited about this game, or should I say cautiously optimistic, that could really be legendary.

Roster of 25 + DLC characters seems practical and I would be satisfied with that number.
    Marvel 3: Super Skrull/Taskmaster/Felicia Skullgirls: Valentine/Parasoul

If you are a member of the fighting game community and you aren't play Skullgirls you're doing it wrong.
  • TiberiousTiberious Oh noes! Teh FURRY! Joined: Posts: 1,064
    Still, it doesn't matter.

It's gonna boil down to "Get a bar before anyone else, then use it on the person closest to getting theirs".

Part of what makes Smash so fun is that you can score KOs (or be KOed) at any time. With this one, you know when someone's able to do you in, and means you can avoid them.
    I write about games. Current post about the PS3's hacking.
    http://one-step-back.blogspot.com/
  • the7kthe7k Kitty Pride. Joined: Posts: 5,566
    Doesn't mean that there won't be tactics to beat that. The Lv1 and Lv2 attacks we saw were quick attacks - whose to say those attacks are unblockable? And even if they are, what if there's some wavedash-type movement (Sly seemed to have this ability in his trailer) that would allow those attacks to whiff?

Raw supers could be just as reckless in this game as they are in practically any other fighting game.
    Hardcore Report: I review games. Poorly.
    Latest: Shantae: Half-Genie Hero

"Comebacks are fine as long as I'm the one doing them. Otherwise, they are evidence of a broken, poorly balanced game and it's all because of poor netcode and in-game lag due to poor port optimization and it was a terrible matchup and they need to patch the game and I should have won that and why does anyone even play this awful, fraud friendly game."
    Yeah, we don't want to jump the gun too early or anything, I mean as far as we know, we can KO characters without using meter, right?

If you are a member of the fighting game community and you aren't play Skullgirls you're doing it wrong.
    Yeah, we don't want to jump the gun too early or anything, I mean as far as we know, we can KO characters without using meter, right?
    There's no lifebars, but I suppose it could still be possible - using stage hazards and such.

"Comebacks are fine as long as I'm the one doing them. Otherwise, they are evidence of a broken, poorly balanced game and it's all because of poor netcode and in-game lag due to poor port optimization and it was a terrible matchup and they need to patch the game and I should have won that and why does anyone even play this awful, fraud friendly game."
    There's no lifebars, but I suppose it could still be possible - using stage hazards and such.

Or perhaps items, or who knows, I really am not crazy about the idea of needing meter to kill, however perhaps you can combo and gain enough meter to build a super and then knockout with it.

I have a feeling you can knockout without supers, because there are level 1, 2, and 3 supers, which means they probably don't all KO, and if they don't all KO, there has to be a purpose for them (provided they aren't power up supers). I don't know, it's 4AM, I hope this is making sense.

• NekoMicNekoMic Neko Punch! Joined: Posts: 386
    Cloud, Lightning, Selvaria, Welkin or Alicia and sony can take my money.
  • JetKinenJetKinen Joined: Posts: 545
    Yep it feels more like Battle Stadium DON than Smash Brothers.
    And that's alright, as DON is a pretty fun game.
  • DarkArchvilleDarkArchville Anyone who opposes me will be destroyed. Joined: Posts: 1,166
    A Smash Bros clone developed by fighting game enthusiasts ? Now that is something I'm genuinely curious about ! I wonder how this game is going to fare as a competitive fighter, because honestly, it's something Smash Bros will never be again, as long as Sakurai stays in charge of the franchise.

*shots fired*
  • Hayama AkitoHayama Akito Shiaaaa!!! Joined: Posts: 1,134
    Oh well, we all know SRK will hate this game to death anyway.

I guess last boss will be a firmware update.
    Currently playing: Vanguard Princess, Vampire Savior, Arcana Heart.
  • Jack_FrostJack_Frost M.C Joined: Posts: 6,310
    This is going to expose alot of hypocrites, the FGC has frowned upon smash for the longest and watch those same people play this game competitively
    There aren't 50 hours in a 5 day span...
    CRYING
  • JampJamp Toxic Beauty Joined: Posts: 7,387 mod
    Wow, I didn't think they could copy Smash so shamelessly :rofl:

Seems fun, though the "only super kills" thing sounds a bit weird.
    "Hey man if I lose to it, I'm pretty sure that makes it braindead." - AceKillah
  • King9999King9999 Joined: Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Other possible characters:
    • Blasto
    • Tomba
    • Daniel Fortesque (Medievil)
    • Dart (Legend of Dragoon)
    • Spyro
    • Solid Snake (I'm gonna guess this is likely to happen)
    Switch Friend Code: SW-2722-8799-3295
    PSN/Steam ID/NNID: mmking9999
    Tile Crusher now available on Android & Itch.io!
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." -Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015
  • SaranghaSarangha Look within yourself Joined: Posts: 4,256
    Behold a game that is superior in this subgenre of fighting. So superior it can be considered a fighter when you factor in the 1v1 cage match mode with full life bars!

ANARCHY REIGNS developed by the new Capcom, Platinum Games! Former Okami devs from Capcom I might add!
    11 Minute gameplay footage:

Many modes, here are a few! 0:36 cage match mode aka 1v1 fighter.

16 characters I think? Maybe more in the future!

Bayonetta is in the game!

Looks like a much more technical game but at the same time they have brainless modes for fun as well. No disrespect to this new Sony game but AR needs the press. You will LOVE THIS GAME, LOVE THIS GAME, LOVE THIS GAME.

Evo 2013?

Example of juggles, looks like a training mode.
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/comment/8449745/#Comment_8449745

“If you do not pour water on your plant, what will happen? It will slowly wither and die. Our habits will also slowly wither and die away if we do not give them an opportunity to manifest. You need not fight to stop a habit. Just don’t give it an opportunity to repeat itself. (67)”
    ― Swami Satchidananda, The Yoga Sutras

“For those who have an intense urge for Spirit and wisdom, it sits
    near them, waiting.”
    ― Patanjali, The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali

Nostalgia=Drug

• KrusivKrusiv Joined: Posts: 486
    I'm waiting for the FGC to accept this game with open arms, but at the same time Smash isn't even considered to be a fighting game to most people. C'mon, prove me wrong.
  • CTGCTG Army of Zero Joined: Posts: 5,979
    Dude, you need to spoiler tag all those vids like immediately. That's way OD - not to mention completely off-topic.

Anyway, I'm looking forward PS All-Stars. Looks like a lot of fun. Got a little hype when I saw Fat Princess. :woot:

Apparently there was mention that third-party characters could/would appear also - so here's my wishlist:

Drake, Nathan Hale (R1, R2), Cole (inFamous), Nariko (Heavenly Sword), Captain Qwark, Patapon Warrior, The Origami Killer (Heavy Rain), Snake, Lightning, Cloud, Glenn (Chrono Cross), Hayden Tenno (Dark Sector), Seifer (FF8), Sackboy, Tidus
  • terror k07terror k07 Joined: Posts: 254
    i hope they put zidane in this game
  • ViolentDjangoViolentDjango KEEP CALM and EWGF Joined: Posts: 1,170
    Lightning is totally going to be in this....either that or Cloud...Playstation have to give Square some of dat well earned PSX cheese....

Yes.

My character requests:

- Ashley Riot / Sydney Losstarot (Vagrant Story)
    - Cloud, Lightning, or Squall
    - Kain (Blood Omen) and/or Raziel (Soul Reaver)
    - Classic Spyro the Dragon
    - Crash Bandicoot
    - Tomba
    - Blackward (Nightmare Creatures)
    - Gene (God Hand)
    - Dante (Devil May Cry)
    - Samonosuke (Onimusha)

I'm sure I can think of more. Gah I miss the PS1/PS2 era xD
    SFxTK: Lars/Kazuya, Bryan/Marduk | P4U: Undecided | BBCS: Valkenhayn
    Fundamentals: [OO~~~] | Theory: [OOOO~] | Execution: [OO~~~] | Beast Mode: [OO~~~]
    Check out my Nerd Dating/Life Advice Blog: www.AskGeekLink.com
    Yes.

My character requests:

- Ashley Riot / Sydney Losstarot (Vagrant Story)

Yes. Yes. Yes!
  • ViolentDjangoViolentDjango KEEP CALM and EWGF Joined: Posts: 1,170
    Yes. Yes. Yes!

A fellow brother of the Rood Inverse?
    SFxTK: Lars/Kazuya, Bryan/Marduk | P4U: Undecided | BBCS: Valkenhayn
    Fundamentals: [OO~~~] | Theory: [OOOO~] | Execution: [OO~~~] | Beast Mode: [OO~~~]
    Check out my Nerd Dating/Life Advice Blog: www.AskGeekLink.com
  • JetKinenJetKinen Joined: Posts: 545
    Anarchy Reign stuff

Kung Fu Pole Dancer for character of the year
  • DarkArchvilleDarkArchville Anyone who opposes me will be destroyed. Joined: Posts: 1,166
    If they consider putting Crash Bandicoot in the game, I hope it's classic PSX-era Crash, and not that crappy modern "punk" Crash with tribal tatoos.

iehObk.png

Ugh... :arazz:
    I was horrible at Vagrant Story. Never even beat it. But man, that was an awesome game. I still hope they bring the franchise back.
  • reverzereverze team M.K.V. FTW!!!! Joined: Posts: 432
    Just had to fire my shots, I think this game looks good, but i'd want it on vita too.
    -Chars
    Spyro: spyro, one of the elder dragons, any one.
    Crash: crash, dr.cortex, crush
    Tomba: Tomba, Grant
    Megaman: Zero, screw X zer0 my reploid
    SF: akuma, sean
    Everybody from einhander, f*** logic
    "call me the crackman, the salt be outrageous!"
    MVC3:Viper/Doom/Virgil,GG AC+:Baiken,jam,A.B.A
    $$F4:A E(uro) $2012 ver.:Oni,Ken,Rose
    PSN: pro_154 XBL:giggdyxgiggdy
    Everybody from einhander, f*** logic

Another classic. Probably my favorite of it's genre. Is this on PSN at all?
  • angryliberalangryliberal I beat cancer. Joined: Posts: 6,282
    If Lightning or Cole are in this game, I'll pick it up for sure. I play fighting games for fun, that's it. I don't care about being competitive and this game looks like one me and a few friends can enjoy while intoxicated.
    Here's the thing, I beat cancer.
  • Jubei KibagamiJubei Kibagami Too much naughty... Joined: Posts: 1,298
    Come on Dante, Samanosuke, Regina, Heihachi, Cloud, Dart, Solid Snake, Tomba, Gabe Logan and whole bunch more. PS1 and PS2 had a whole bunch of great exclusives to chose from.

This could be interesting.
  • tatakitataki misplaced Joined: Posts: 7,654
    half a year of character requests in this thread here we go
    Fighting game tutorials, matches, and funny stuff:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/novriltataki
    Former account:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/playtowin
  • Jubei KibagamiJubei Kibagami Too much naughty... Joined: Posts: 1,298
    half a year of character requests in this thread here we go

buckle up
  • SaranghaSarangha Look within yourself Joined: Posts: 4,256
    Kung Fu Pole Dancer for character of the year
    I am really hoping the game does well. This studio has cranked out Bayonetta and Vanquish but they ended up in top 5 when it comes to greatest games you have never played. AR is extremely close to a fighter but maybe belongs in this subgenre of Smash and Powerstone?

Anyway on topic, Yakuza is a Sony exclusive franchise but developed by Sega. It would be nice if Kazuma Kiryu ended up being in the game. Sega licensed VF characters to DOA and Sonic to Smash so I don't see why Kazuma couldn't make it in. I think it is a bit of a stretch though....
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/comment/8449745/#Comment_8449745

“If you do not pour water on your plant, what will happen? It will slowly wither and die. Our habits will also slowly wither and die away if we do not give them an opportunity to manifest. You need not fight to stop a habit. Just don’t give it an opportunity to repeat itself. (67)”
    ― Swami Satchidananda, The Yoga Sutras

“For those who have an intense urge for Spirit and wisdom, it sits
    near them, waiting.”
    ― Patanjali, The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali

Nostalgia=Drug

• YunaYuna Politically correct as fuck since 2006 Joined: Posts: 7,459
    If Victor Sullivan is playable, then I'll buy it. If not, then fuck this game.
    "Here's the thing, kids: words mean things, and most of what gets slagged as 'political correctness' is really just being nice, and most of the 'righteous complainers' are simply jerkwads who don't think certain people or groups deserve their niceness. If you're a guy, and you've ever uttered something along the lines of 'dude, sexual harrassment doesn't exist. That's just something chicks make up when they change their minds,' guess what, bro. You're not the lone hero standing up to feminist PC police. You're a pig."
    --Bob Chipman
  • FlyMikeFlyMike Rsk Rating $$$ Joined: Posts: 3,091
    We all know Ratchet will be in.

I hope his super move is blasting fools away with R.Y.N.O. Preferably the one from the first game. The others were meh.
    Flown Michaels.
  • Shadow AceShadow Ace The Royal Knight of the Turbulent Winds Joined: Posts: 5,133
    isnt Sora owned by Square? or do they share the rights with disney's greedy ass..

PS made this little nigga...where is the show of gratitude?
    Once Known as Shadow Ace 50
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, a rose as gentle, a song so eloquent
  • ghostiesghosties spooked ya Joined: Posts: 356
    Hoping for:
    • Ryu
    • Ken
    • Akuma
    • Megaman
    • The taxi from Crazy Taxi
    • The black guy from Prototype 2
    • Blanka
  • Sensei RouzuSensei Rouzu Just Another Brotha on SRK Joined: Posts: 3,922
    Mind as well play a SF game with 4 SF chars.

It looks fun so far and they have 2 characters I really wanted from the start anyway.

I think it's reasonable to expect 1 Tekken character considering how long it was a PS exclusive.

I want someone from the Arc the Lad games. If I had to choose it would be Bebedora.

Nathan, Cole, and Ratchet are guaranteed to be in this. I'd be surprised if Jak wasn't in either.

Listening to : Nas / N.W.A / ChocQuibTown / David Wise / Kool Keith / Sadistik / Undogmatic

• RekanoRekano ONE MORE ONCE Joined: Posts: 602
    hmmmm...Definately gonna be watching this game. Looks fun, if nothing else.

Character requests?...Heihachi Mishima. Xiaoyu. Dollface. Drake. Sully. Spyro the dragon, Crash Bandicoot, Pyramid head, Tifa, Cloud. Aya Brea. Regina(Dino Crisis). Dante (DMC1 version). Snake(with 50% more radio chatter). RE1 or 3 Jill Valentine.
    -Rekano OuTz
    "Chris Hansen can't stop them titties."-Geese Pants
  • Smoothjazz101Smoothjazz101 Joined: Posts: 1,480
    Wow, Megaman whining already.
  • Mr. XMr. X Non Stop ∞ Climax Joined: Posts: 20,239
    You did not go back in time, this is how the forums look.
    "You are all just as bad as the people you hate. You're only interested in characters based on tears." - Since1717
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
    PSN: X_the_Genius | GGPO: Mr X | Skype: MisterEcks
  • PoltergustPoltergust Joined: Posts: 845
    Or perhaps items, or who knows, I really am not crazy about the idea of needing meter to kill, however perhaps you can combo and gain enough meter to build a super and then knockout with it.
    If the items function even remotely like the items in Smash (i.e. they appear in random places at random times), then they won't be competitively viable. =/

There does seem to be more ways to KO opponents other than using meter, though.
    Brawl/UMvC3 player here. Yup...
  • SynikaLSynikaL Melee Prophet Joined: Posts: 1,689
    Too bad SONY/it's studio was probably too stupid to even think about leveraging the obscure fact that the PS3 can support more than 4-players.

I can't imagine this being any good. This is Japanese developer territory, imo. American developers don't seem to have the cultural quirk necessary to create something as fantastic (in the visionary sense) as Smash Bros. Also, Omar keeps harping about how he and his team are from a "fighting game background" - who cares? Ignoring the vagueness of the stated merit - who are you getting to test your game? Who are you listening to for feed back? That's what matters.

Obviously, that's an appeal to people like us. I don't see the precision in controls (for one) that essentially makes a game like Melee as spectacular as it is.
    "Grandad, this food is destructive!"
    "Boy, what is wrong with you? This food is your culture."
    "Then the culture's destructive."

-The Boondocks
  • Mr. XMr. X Non Stop ∞ Climax Joined: Posts: 20,239
    Too bad SONY/it's studio was probably too stupid to even think about leveraging the obscure fact that the PS3 can support more than 4-players.

I can't imagine this being any good. This is Japanese developer territory, imo. American developers don't seem to have the cultural quirk necessary to create something as fantastic (in the visionary sense) as Smash Bros. Also, Omar keeps harping about how he and his team are from a "fighting game background" - who cares? Ignoring the vagueness of the stated merit - who are you getting to test your game? Who are you listening to for feed back? That's what matters.

Obviously, that's an appeal to people like us. I don't see the precision in controls (for one) that essentially makes a game like Melee as spectacular as it is.
    Your username is unusually appropriate right now.
    You did not go back in time, this is how the forums look.
    "You are all just as bad as the people you hate. You're only interested in characters based on tears." - Since1717
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
    PSN: X_the_Genius | GGPO: Mr X | Skype: MisterEcks
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 21,808
    stupid shit.

oh lord, i hope that this is not sarcasm, :rofl:
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • MVDKMVDK Nostalgia-driven man-child and button mashing extraordinaire Joined: Posts: 127
    Got my eye on this one. Currently my day one main as of right now is Parappa the Rapper (Probably due to nostalgia :P)

Interested to see who else they add. Nathan Drake is pretty much a given, and I couldn't even hazard a guess as to what 3rd party characters they have planned.
    Gamertag: MarioVsDK (For UMVC3, SSF4:AE, MVC2, SC5, BBCS:EX, 3rd Strike)
    My Steam Account
    My Twitter
    Aya Brea.

Yes.

I really want a Parasite Eve reboot. This thread is bringing back so many memories. PS1 was awesome.
  • SynikaLSynikaL Melee Prophet Joined: Posts: 1,689
    Yeah, considering this is SRK, I'm pretty sure you all just misinterpreted everything I just posted.

Really, I see nothing controversial about being pessimistic in regards to this game at all. Are you really going to dismiss my cynicism towards this purely due to the fact that I like Melee? I haven't even dropped any gavels, yet. I'm just expressing healthy skepticism.
    "Grandad, this food is destructive!"
    "Boy, what is wrong with you? This food is your culture."
    "Then the culture's destructive."

-The Boondocks
  • Hatred EdgeHatred Edge MAD STRUGGLE Joined: Posts: 15,996
    You can only score points by landing supers. No ring outs and no KOs otherwise. WHAT.
    Has anyone thanked you today for not setting the whole world on fire?

They should. I won't. I advocate setting the world on fire. But morons who actually like it, benefit from society, would do well to thank you and men like you for not visiting hell upon them.

"You don't know what it's like to hate. To have your entire life become nothing more than an expression of hate. Nothing else matters. Nothing else can compare. Or taste as sweet."
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 21,808
    You can only score points by landing supers. No ring outs and no KOs otherwise. WHAT.

reminds me ofDragon Ball Z Legend, Fun Game

http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon_Ball_Z:_The_Legend
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    While all you folks are wishing for characters, I think it'd probably be most rational the consider that they'll likely limit it to 2-3 companies altogether. It's very unlikely they want too many hands in the pot.

Activision is a must. They own Spyro and Crash. Also, Call of Duty.

After them, Square Enix. Not only does Square Enix have Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest, they also have Eidos now - which means Tomb Raider, Legacy of Kain, Deus Ex, Hitman: Codename 47, Fear Effect and many other PlayStation icons.

Then, Konami. Metal Gear Solid, OBVIOUSLY, but also Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Silent Hill, Zone of the Enders, Contra, Frogger... also, Konami now owns Hudson Soft, which means Bomberman, Bonk, Bloody Roar and Adventure Island might be possibilities.

• XtraKurrikulaXtraKurrikula Capcom pugilist with the IQ of a computer whizz Joined: Posts: 344
    Nothing can tear me away from SFXT!!!!
    Shaq Fu - Beast
    Rise of the Robots - Coton
    Clay Fighter - Bad Mr Frosty
    Pit Fighter - Ty