Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale Announced

Comments

• PozerWolfPozerWolf Gummies, yum! ;o Joined: Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I still wonder how this game will do in the scene.
    All I do is draw naked birds all day.
    Twitter; PozerWolf
  • rayplayrayplay aka solidoutlaw Joined: Posts: 2,813

If hazards off is tournament standard I don't see stage counter-picking being a problem. I agree with random select.

Well even if hazards are off, the layout of a map can make a difference. A small, tight map would benefit rushdown characters whereas a large, open one like metropolis would be better for zoners.
    PSN: rayplay
    Best widowmaker in North Korea.
    "He's gonna switch to wireless mid greed sever."
  • JohnGrimmJohnGrimm A.K.A. JohnXuandou Joined: Posts: 4,333
    If hazards off is tournament standard I don't see stage counter-picking being a problem. I agree with random select.

It's not about the stage hazards, it's about the stage design itself. The Dojo stage, being one of the most extreme examples in the game, makes it impossible to play a zoning game because there's absolutely no room to run away, so Radec is immediately at a disadvantage. The lack of platforms means characters who have a strong ground game have less areas they need to worry about, so characters like Heihachi get an advantage simply because you can't really approach him from the air.

If Radec can't set up a zoning game, he's already going to be in a bad situation, but then when you pit him against someone who has a much greater close range game than he does (which is basically anyone), he is at a severe disadvantage. A 6-4 matchup can turn into a 7-3 or even an 8-2 simply because the stage does not allow a character to play to their strengths. That's how stage counterpicking comes into play. Some characters were designed to play at range, others were designed to be aerial combatants, and then there's the close range fighters. In a stage that eliminates two of those play styles, they're going to be overall less effective characters.
    You lack devotion! Enduring hunger and poverty is how you find the way!
  • SkikSkik toilet salami Joined: Posts: 618
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    fuk
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,846
    If stage hazards/items are turned off then every stage should be legal.

What is the consensus on items/hazards? Personally I feel they should be left on. Hazards ain't random and the shit that made items broken in Smash isn't present in this game.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • truendymiontruendymion Beer Me! Joined: Posts: 2,265
    It's not about the stage hazards, it's about the stage design itself. The Dojo stage, being one of the most extreme examples in the game, makes it impossible to play a zoning game because there's absolutely no room to run away, so Radec is immediately at a disadvantage.
    When stage hazards are turned off it usually goes to final transformation so for Dojo you'll be in the outside area I think...
    Personally I think items/hazards should definitely be off for tournaments.
    I'm making a fighting game!
    SRK thread - Discord server.
    Dojo is still small even with the walls down. Being outside just takes away the ability to wallbounce
  • Pete278Pete278 Yare yare daze Joined: Posts: 1,285
    I understand how the system works, I think you misinterpreted my point. The rule is designed to stop counterpicks for the first game only, and then every other game after that is counterpick city. Like I said, they might as well just flip a coin for the first game, because their system is stupid and doesn't do anything about anything.

Either you care about counterpicking and you play all random stage select or you don't care about counterpicking and you do something like flip a coin to see who picks the first stage, but the Smash system is convoluted and doesn't sway one way or the other on the issue. It's like they tried to make a rule that was middle of the road so they didn't have to decide to stop counterpicking or not, and went about doing it in the most ridiculous way possible.
    I honestly don't see the problem with it. If you have 5 stages, and both players strike two they least want, you're most likely to get the most neutral stage for the two characters, assuming the players know what they doing. It was important when Final Destination was a neutral because the stage is huge in length and so its a keepaway character's dream, so randoming it flip-flopped a bunch of matchups. Eventually everyone realised this was stupid in a supposedly neutral stage, but for that time it was important. The system most definitely does do something about something, and I don't know how you couldn't see that.
    WTF Parappa can reflect projectiles?!?!
  • AriesWarlockAriesWarlock Joined: Posts: 3,588
    kendall said yesterday on ign superbot refers to attacks as attack 1, attack 2, attack 3.
    "Umvc3 is a 2 player game the same way Super Mario Bros. was on NES. You gotta wait for someone to die before the other has a chance to play"
    The system most definitely does do something about something, and I don't know how you couldn't see that.
    It doesn't do anything because it only matters for 1 game and then immediately doesn't matter. After you play the first game loser picks the stage, right? So he can then counterpick after losing? If the goal was to stop counterpicking stages, they failed at it miserably because it doesn't work. Only the first game can be neutral, but why even bother? Like I said, either you care about stage counterpicks or you don't, and the "strike the stages" method is a middle of the road solution that doesn't do anything in reality. If they don't care about stage counterpicking, which clearly they don't since the system allows for it, why not just make the first stage select a coin toss?

In the situation you just mentioned all you really managed to say was that Final Destination went from a neutral stage to a counterpick stage, but that's not what I'm talking about. The system Smash uses is convoluted and stupid and doesn't really do anything about the issue of counterpicking because it STILL happens. There's only one way to avoid counterpicking stages and that is random select. Any other system does not stop counterpicking stages and any system made to make stage selection as neutral as possible is way more complicated than it should be because there's no good way to do it.
    It doesn't do anything because it only matters for 1 game and then immediately doesn't matter. After you play the first game loser picks the stage, right? So he can then counterpick after losing? If the goal was to stop counterpicking stages, they failed at it miserably because it doesn't work. Only the first game can be neutral, but why even bother? Like I said, either you care about stage counterpicks or you don't, and the "strike the stages" method is a middle of the road solution that doesn't do anything in reality. If they don't care about stage counterpicking, which clearly they don't since the system allows for it, why not just make the first stage select a coin toss?

In the situation you just mentioned all you really managed to say was that Final Destination went from a neutral stage to a counterpick stage, but that's not what I'm talking about. The system Smash uses is convoluted and stupid and doesn't really do anything about the issue of counterpicking because it STILL happens. There's only one way to avoid counterpicking stages and that is random select. Any other system does not stop counterpicking stages and any system made to make stage selection as neutral as possible is way more complicated than it should be because there's no good way to do it.

You're MEANT to be able to counterpick, that's the whole fucking point of the system. Why are you looking at it as if its meant to stop it at all? First game is fair because its not meant to favour anyone, and then loser gets their pick. You have three options with Smash, you can have every game be on a random stage, which will randomly give someone a huge advantage, you can have every game be on neutral stage, which doesn't take advantage of the game's whole unique factor in its stages with big differences, or you can have first game be neutral to not favour anyone, and then give the loser a leg up with a counterpick stage. That's what its meant to do, and it does it well. I've always had a problem with how the Smash community decides what stages are 'fair' enough for the list, because the people in charge are all a bunch of pussies, but the system itself is fine.
    You're MEANT to be able to counterpick, that's the whole fucking point of the system. Why are you looking at it as if its meant to stop it at all? First game is fair because its not meant to favour anyone, and then loser gets their pick. You have three options with Smash, you can have every game be on a random stage, which will randomly give someone a huge advantage, you can have every game be on neutral stage, which doesn't take advantage of the game's whole unique factor in its stages with big differences, or you can have first game be neutral to not favour anyone, and then give the loser a leg up with a counterpick stage. That's what its meant to do, and it does it well. I've always had a problem with how the Smash community decides what stages are 'fair' enough for the list, because the people in charge are all a bunch of pussies, but the system itself is fine.
    I wasn't trying to say that it was supposed to stop counterpicking, because clearly it doesn't. What I'm saying is I don't like the system because stage counterpicks are possible and I don't like that. I don't like that there needs to be a committee meeting to agree on which stages are neutral and which stages aren't, because I don't think anyone could decide that in such a way that everyone agrees on because stages will ALWAYS favor one character over another. Furthermore, picking "the most neutral possible stage" doesn't mean it's 100% neutral for the matchup.

Basically, the entire point I have been trying to make the whole time is that I don't like stage counterpicking, I would rather there not be stage counterpicking in tournament play because I don't want the game to boil down to every round being a counterpick, and I don't see anything wrong with random select. Yeah, someone can randomly get an advantage, but you can also randomly get a disadvantage, and it's better than a system where you will get a disadvantage 100% of the time if you win a game. If every tournament match came down to whoever won the first match because the next two were going to be counterpicks, I would be extremely disappointed with the tournament rules. That's it. Stages are a huge part of this game and on top of the impending character matchups, they could heavily sway how much of a disadvantage you are at to the point where some matchups are impossible.

The only fair system I see is to not players pick the stage at all, if after a match both players agree to a rematch on the same stage then let it fly, otherwise the losing player should be able to demand another stage select. Random select never favors anyone, sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you don't, but when you allow stage counterpicking it becomes less about the players and their actual abilities and more about min/maxing character/stage select to play characters that counter you on a stage where you cannot play your character's optimal game plan, and I don't know about you, but that's pretty fucking lame in my opinion.
    Stages in Smash really aren't 'you will 100% win on your counterpick', and that series's balance is complete trash so I'd hope PSABR is better with that. If they were, everyone would just play best of 1 in Brawl because no one really enjoys 24 minute matches. It seems like your problem with counterpicking is more hyperbole and less actual experience, because it definitely doesn't play out in practice how you seem to think it does. Trash characters will have stages where they can't play, but bad characters will also have matchups they can't win anyway, so you just have to either hope the game's balance is better than that or just not play bad characters.
    Stages in Smash really aren't 'you will 100% win on your counterpick', and that series's balance is complete trash so I'd hope PSABR is better with that. If they were, everyone would just play best of 1 in Brawl because no one really enjoys 24 minute matches. It seems like your problem with counterpicking is more hyperbole and less actual experience, because it definitely doesn't play out in practice how you seem to think it does. Trash characters will have stages where they can't play, but bad characters will also have matchups they can't win anyway, so you just have to either hope the game's balance is better than that or just not play bad characters.
    I wouldn't compare this to Smash in any way shape or form for any reason because the two games are completely different. PASBR could have better overall balance than Smash, but at the same time the characters aren't designed in the same way. The keepaway characters in Smash aren't in the same style of keepaway as say, Radec is. No one in Smash is trying to be a full screen away from you, because no one has any kind of effective attacks at that range. Radec is designed to be terrible at close range and great at long range. Put him in a stage where there's nowhere to run and he's terrible, put him on the biggest stage in the game and he's great.

PASBR has these designs because you aren't trying to ring someone out, the goal in Smash is to stay as close to the center of the stage as possible so you don't fall off, so all characters are given short range tools because they NEED them. When a character sucks in Smash, it's because they have bad short range tools and/or bad recovery so they can't stay on the stage/get back to the stage. All of that is irrelevant in PASBR. Radec isn't a bad character because he has bad short range tools because he has GREAT long range tools, however if he can't use any long range attacks and is forced to rely on his bad close range attacks, he is a bad character. Maybe my worries are hyperbole, but I am still vehemently in disagreement that stage selection won't affect matchups in a serious, tangible way. Maybe impossible wasn't the right word, but 8-2 is pretty horrible, and it's entirely realistic, and a stage pushing a matchup to that degree isn't unfeasible.
  • YinYin fun fun fun Joined: Posts: 3,396
    This discussion is very worrying. Hopefully tournament organizers (those who will ultimately decide the rules) will have some sense.
    People kneejerk about hazards and items and stages because they think everything out of their control is automatically "uncompetitive" or "unfair".
    slay this unaligned ant!
    I wouldn't compare this to Smash in any way shape or form for any reason because the two games are completely different. PASBR could have better overall balance than Smash, but at the same time the characters aren't designed in the same way. The keepaway characters in Smash aren't in the same style of keepaway as say, Radec is. No one in Smash is trying to be a full screen away from you, because no one has any kind of effective attacks at that range. Radec is designed to be terrible at close range and great at long range. Put him in a stage where there's nowhere to run and he's terrible, put him on the biggest stage in the game and he's great..
    Falco and King DDD are both pretty keepaway heavy in Brawl, they both spend the majority of the match on the other side of the screen throwing shit at you. Toon Link spends even more of his time just throwing stuff at you due to his bad grab. Final Destination wouldn't be such a matchup tilting stage if there weren't heavy keepaway characters. Sure, they still have to have good up close options so they can actually kill you, but they still spend most of the time just throwing projectiles. DDD doesn't even have to get close ever if he kills you with a Gordo.

I don't see why you'd even want to play your hypothetical matchup Radec with random select, though. An 8-2 matchup that you'd get against the entire cast 1/14th of the time sounds awful, and not something I'd ever want to deal with. I just don't think they'd have balanced the game in such a way that you can't fight at all on one stage, unless they intended it to be only tournament played on only one stage.
    I don't see why you'd even want to play your hypothetical matchup Radec with random select, though. An 8-2 matchup that you'd get against the entire cast 1/14th of the time sounds awful, and not something I'd ever want to deal with.
    It's a hell of a lot better odds than an 8-2 matchup that happens 100% of the time if I win the first game.
    It's a hell of a lot better odds than an 8-2 matchup that happens 100% of the time if I win the first game.
    Either way, though, you've got an 8-2 matchup that's going to come up eventually in a major, and there's nothing you can do about it. That's why I think the stages won't be as big as you think, because surely the balance guys would've taken them into account so that characters like Radec aren't hugely polarizing.
    Either way, though, you've got an 8-2 matchup that's going to come up eventually in a major, and there's nothing you can do about it. That's why I think the stages won't be as big as you think, because surely the balance guys would've taken them into account so that characters like Radec aren't hugely polarizing.
    You're missing my point. I'm fine it if comes up, what I have a problem with is it coming up every game. I'm not saying Radec is unplayable on one stage, I'm just saying on that stage he's at more of a disadvantage. If there's a character who is already advantageous against Radec, that matchup gets worse on that stage. Maybe it's only one character that is seriously advantageous against Radec, but Radec against that one character is 8-2. My problem lies in people being able to force an 8-2 matchup every game when all you would have to do to prevent it from happening EVERY GAME is random stage select. The only point I have ever been trying to make is that I don't want this game to be about counter picks and counterpicking every game, every round, every tournament. That is stupid and boring and I don't think anyone would enjoy that. I brought up ST a while back because it's the most prevalent counterpick game, and tournament rules were put in place to stop people from counterpicking.

You can plan around balance as much as you want, but thing will never turn out how you expected them to in a competitive game. They can patch and change things, but that's not a guarantee that everything will be perfect. Radec is an easy target to pick on because he is one of the most specialized characters in the game, he is PURE zoning, he has practically no solid close range tools, and he gets shut down HARD when people know how to rush down. It could be the most specific circumstances ever, like it HAS to be Radec vs Raiden on Dojo, and that's the only 8-2 macthup in the game, but if you play Radec and people are so inclined to counter pick, and tournament players who play to win will probably be inclined, you now have a very specific guaranteed 8-2 matchup.

Like I said, I'd rather take a 1 in 14 chance than a 100% chance.
    That sounds more like an instance of just a character who's bad in tournament conditions, really, like SF4 Zangief and his 'would be top tier but always loses to the most common characters' thing. Nonetheless, at this point, its basically just us disagreeing on ideologies and we aren't going to get anywhere with this, so I'll just leave it here.
  • scum gale 88scum gale 88 yo! It's SYBOK! Joined: Posts: 1,739
    Don't know if anyone else has mentioned it yet, but the ads for this game on srk are unbelievably lazy. Just a flat blue background with closeups of Kratos and Drake and a teeny tiny logo. Why should I care? It shows nothing. Oh thank god, pre-order for more costumes! SOLD! It's like the ad department just couldn't spare more than fifteen minutes to put something together.
    Yeah there need to be more gangbang creampie porno. VAMPIRE GANGBANG CREAMPIES.
    The game is out in New York and I just got my copy. Will post impressions in a few hours.
  • k4polok4polo Your Lethal Assassin Joined: Posts: 4,725
    This game will get more popularity then it seems. This is great and fun for the general audience of players.
    "Where there is light, there's a shadow"
    SFV: Nash, Cammy, Urien
    Injustice 2: Poison Ivy, Super Girl, Wonder Women
    Snip
    I see the point you're trying to make but I doubt there will be any 8-2 matchups.
    Played it for a few hours. Here's what you can expect

- Like all of Sony's recent games this game requires an online pass. All online modes are locked away unless you use the mode

- When you put in the disc there's a digital manual and extra called "Disc benefits". I'm assuming this is how you get the Vita copy as I kept getting connection errors when I select it

- One day patch is already available :rofl:

- Arcade mode has Tekken style prologue at the beginning. It goes like this 1v1 time no items no hazards, 3 player FFA time no items no hazards, 4 player FFA time no items/hazards, 4 player FFA time items/hazards enabled, 4 player FFA 3 stock items/hazards enabled. Rival battles are 1v1 3 stock with no items/hazards. There's a cutscene for Rivals.

- Boss battle with Polymon Man is disappointing. He took a page from Galactus playbook and has silver colored versions of the game's cast to fight you. He morphs into the stage hazards of other stages screw with you. When you kill his pawns he'll attack you directly on the field. All you need to do is land a super on him to finish him.

- Trials come in two flavors here. General and character specific. General trials test how well you know the game's fundamentals while character specific relay on your knowledge of the character's toolset to accomplish the tasks. All the characters have a "You can only use square attacks and throws to build" trial for instance and it's your job to figure out the best way to do that with that character. Trials can be complete between three difficulty setting

- All of the stages are available for use in training mode. The training stage comes with six versions. The training stage in tutorial is the small training stage. It comes in small, medium and large versions. The regular version of all three has walls and no platforms. Alternative versions of those three have platforms added.

- Training Mode has the standard suite of options you'll expect. Input display, attack display, adjusting meter, etc. Dummy setting is standard as well with a few extra things. You set for double jump, follow and countdown attack. Countdown attacks additional options as guard behavior and wake-up defense. I haven't found any for air recovery.

- There's a customization option but nothing impressive. You can unlock character costumes, taunts, intro/victory animations and even the victory theme and choose which one you want to use.

To note, John Grimm is absolutely right about the stages. I did the final general trial (which is to do a full taunt three times during a match) on the hardest difficulty and I had to do it with Radec on the Dojo stage against Sweet Tooth, PaRappa and Spike. I couldn't keep those guys off me. Radec was a treated like a ping pong ball because none of his close range attacks were anywhere near as good as the other three. It was a struggle trying to land a hit
  • Ragnorok64Ragnorok64 My muscles have no memory. Joined: Posts: 4,947
    I had zero interest in this game until I found out that Kat from Gravity Rush will be in it. Now, I might pick it up when she's released. It should have dropped in price by then and we'll know if it's any good.
    Whats the day 1 patch?
    I don't know what the patch changed. It was a 37MB file so must have been important.
  • Joe ZombieJoe Zombie Joined: Posts: 56
    Not too excited for Emmett. Had a blast with Starhawk, but for some reason the character doesn't resonate with me. I'm sure his moveset will be badass though. IIRC Seth mentioned the B&B system will be incorporated into his moveset.
  • Leebee LinkLeebee Link (they/them) Joined: Posts: 2,318
    Played it for a few hours. Here's what you can expect

- Like all of Sony's recent games this game requires an online pass. All online modes are locked away unless you use the mode

- When you put in the disc there's a digital manual and extra called "Disc benefits". I'm assuming this is how you get the Vita copy as I kept getting connection errors when I select it

- One day patch is already available :rofl:

- Arcade mode has Tekken style prologue at the beginning. It goes like this 1v1 time no items no hazards, 3 player FFA time no items no hazards, 4 player FFA time no items/hazards, 4 player FFA time items/hazards enabled, 4 player FFA 3 stock items/hazards enabled. Rival battles are 1v1 3 stock with no items/hazards. There's a cutscene for Rivals.

- Boss battle with Polymon Man is disappointing. He took a page from Galactus playbook and has silver colored versions of the game's cast to fight you. He morphs into the stage hazards of other stages screw with you. When you kill his pawns he'll attack you directly on the field. All you need to do is land a super on him to finish him.

- Trials come in two flavors here. General and character specific. General trials test how well you know the game's fundamentals while character specific relay on your knowledge of the character's toolset to accomplish the tasks. All the characters have a "You can only use square attacks and throws to build" trial for instance and it's your job to figure out the best way to do that with that character. Trials can be complete between three difficulty setting

- All of the stages are available for use in training mode. The training stage comes with six versions. The training stage in tutorial is the small training stage. It comes in small, medium and large versions. The regular version of all three has walls and no platforms. Alternative versions of those three have platforms added.

- Training Mode has the standard suite of options you'll expect. Input display, attack display, adjusting meter, etc. Dummy setting is standard as well with a few extra things. You set for double jump, follow and countdown attack. Countdown attacks additional options as guard behavior and wake-up defense. I haven't found any for air recovery.

- There's a customization option but nothing impressive. You can unlock character costumes, taunts, intro/victory animations and even the victory theme and choose which one you want to use.

To note, John Grimm is absolutely right about the stages. I did the final general trial (which is to do a full taunt three times during a match) on the hardest difficulty and I had to do it with Radec on the Dojo stage against Sweet Tooth, PaRappa and Spike. I couldn't keep those guys off me. Radec was a treated like a ping pong ball because none of his close range attacks were anywhere near as good as the other three. It was a struggle trying to land a hit
    yeah, I was worried about the stage thing...
    thanks for the info~
    Not too excited for Emmett. Had a blast with Starhawk, but for some reason the character doesn't resonate with me. I'm sure his moveset will be badass though. IIRC Seth mentioned the B&B system will be incorporated into his moveset.

it better be, otherwise he'll just be a dude with guns, and let's be honest;

all stars' cast already has two of the most creative firearm based characters in gaming history, he's just going to seem boring in comparison (prolly even to drake and radec as well).
    JoJo's Bizarre Adventure- Mariah, Jotaro
    KoF XIII- Robert, Elisabeth, Ash
    Battle Fantasia- Urs, Ashley, Face
  • JocelotJocelot Don't give up! Joined: Posts: 5,368
    @Hawkingbird, have you decided on a "main" yet? Any definitive changes or tweaks you can really feel from the demo to the full game? And I know you might roll your eyes at me and ignore this last part, but...

How is Dante?
    Party Robot!!
    Now my head can spin. I'll be around for a million years, so let the party begin.
    jak d ripr wrote: »
    That shit had me in stitches. Nigga went for all these flashy set-ups and doom was like hold these boots.
    And I know you might roll your eyes at me and ignore this last part, but...

How is Dante?
    I'm going to play Dante and I don't give two shits who says what.
  • JocelotJocelot Don't give up! Joined: Posts: 5,368
    Sweet, that makes two of us lol.
    Party Robot!!
    Now my head can spin. I'll be around for a million years, so let the party begin.
    jak d ripr wrote: »
    That shit had me in stitches. Nigga went for all these flashy set-ups and doom was like hold these boots.
    @Hawkingbird, have you decided on a "main" yet? Any definitive changes or tweaks you can really feel from the demo to the full game? And I know you might roll your eyes at me and ignore this last part, but...

How is Dante?

I settled on Radec as my main. I'm looking at Sir Daniel and Big Daddy being my secondary characters. Radec and Fat Princess were the only characters I played extensively in the beta and they feel unchanged to me. All of the stuff I been doing with Radec on the beta still works.

I haven't played with DINO yet. Unless original Dante comes as an alt I won't be touching him.
  • EvangelyneEvangelyne Joined: Posts: 116
    So is there a reason why we have the notations as U1 and not like s.d,s.n, or the other way around n.s, u.t, etc.

S=square
    T=Triangle
    C=Circle

and you'd just put a direction,
    D=down
    N=netural
    U=up
    S=side?

Just seems easier to me imo.
    So is there a reason why we have the notations as U1 and not like s.d,s.n, or the other way around n.s, u.t, etc.

S=square
    T=Triangle
    C=Circle

and you'd just put a direction,
    D=down
    N=netural
    U=up
    S=side?

Just seems easier to me imo.

We use numbers because that's the in-game notations. Square is attack 1, Triangle attack 2, etc.
  • mcw00tymcw00ty Joined: Posts: 92
    Where did you get the game at?
    Against my better judgment I took "Dante" to training mode. His moves

Square attacks. It utilizes his melee weapons.
    n.1 - Basic sword attacks. Can be press up to five times for a combos. I'm assuming this will be his basic combo in DmC
    s.1 - Attacks with a scythe. Can be pressed twice for follow up attacks.
    d.1 - Hammer(?) swing. Will bound the opponent on hit
    u.1 - Upward sword slash. It's his launcher from MvC3
    an.1 - Basic sword attacks. can be follow up twice for a combo
    as.1 - Scythe attack. Has a follow-up attack with a addition press
    ad.1 - His j.S from MvC3. Knockdown on hit
    au.1 - Sword spin

Triangle attacks. Where all his gun attacks are mapped.

n.2 - Stationary gun shots. Can be follow up with additional press. Chain can delayed
    s.2 - Gun shots that move Dante forward. Can be followed up to for additional distance and shots. Chain can be delayed
    d.2 - Fires guns on both sides near his feet.
    u.2 - Jumps and fires guns on both sides. Has same range as d.2
    an.2 - Fires guns vertically at a 45 degree angle
    as.2 - Rolls forward and fires guns at a 45 degree angle
    ad.2 - Swirls in the air and fires shots at both sides downward
    au.2 - Swirls in the air and fire shots at both sides upward

Notes: He will bold cancels when you cancel any attack 1 move with attack 2. Any combination will work. His ad.1 is his only move that cannot be bold cancelled.

Circle attacks

n.3 - Parry. Works on physical and projectile attacks.
    s.3 - Command dash. Will phrase through opponents. Can be instantly be cancelled with any attack 1 move
    d.3 - Throws his scythe.
    u.3 - It's prop shredder done with the scythe.
    au.3 - Air parry. Same benefits as ground version
    as.3 - Air dash. Same benefits as ground version
    ad.3 - Throws scythe vertically
    au.3 - aerial prop shredder

If it wasn't DINO I would definitely play him
  • Leebee LinkLeebee Link (they/them) Joined: Posts: 2,318
    I like the numbers for attack buttons, but can we please use j. instead of "a" for air moves? it's really confusing.
    JoJo's Bizarre Adventure- Mariah, Jotaro
    KoF XIII- Robert, Elisabeth, Ash
    Battle Fantasia- Urs, Ashley, Face