Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale Announced

Comments

• YinYin fun fun fun Joined: Posts: 3,396
    I like the numbers for attack buttons, but can we please use j. instead of "a" for air moves? it's really confusing.

I prefer a, I don't see the problem? It's not that uncommon? Also, you don't have to jump to be in the air in this game.
    slay this unaligned ant!
  • Scrub SaibotScrub Saibot IT'S ME AUSTIN! Joined: Posts: 1,582
    This looks like it will be the go-to site for PSABR tournaments/matchmaking.

allstararena.com
    YOU ALL BOUGHT IT!
    EVEN MY FAMILY, EVEN MY IMMEDIATE FAMILY BOUGHT IT!
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,977 mod
    This looks like it will be the go-to site for PSABR tournaments/matchmaking.

allstararena.com
    That site's got a horrible colour scheme. I've actually joined to offer suggestions on it.
  • Taz ObiTaz Obi Joined: Posts: 367
    Man I was watching some gameplay videos of this game today and I couldn't help but think that the game isn't aesthetically pleasing at all. I can't help but notice that SSBB a game that almost 5 years ago for the wii looks why better than PSA. What's going on?
  • JohnGrimmJohnGrimm A.K.A. JohnXuandou Joined: Posts: 4,330
    Man I was watching some gameplay videos of this game today and I couldn't help but think that the game isn't aesthetically pleasing at all. I can't help but notice that SSBB a game that almost 5 years ago for the wii looks why better than PSA. What's going on?
    It's simply a contrast in character design. Most characters from Nintendo have a samey kind of design feel, so when you put them next to each other in Smash Bros they look like they fit together. Sony's character design differs greatly because there's tons of different teams and design ideas going on, there's realistic characters and cartoony characters, different rendering styles, just everything in general is different. Superbot went with the theory that the characters should stay true to their original games, so the realistic characters look realistic, the cartoony characters look cartoony, and it kinda creates a visual clash. What it boils down to is a unified aesthetic. It's not that Smash looks better, it's that it has a more unified design. PASBR actually looks pretty great visually, there's a lot of detail, the colors are very rich and pop, it's just a lack of a unified visual style.

I will say though that it doesn't come off as bad in person, when you see the game running at 60 FPS on a good TV it looks great. I kinda like that the characters look just like they do in their original games, it definitely makes the game feel more like a real cross over, plus none of the characters look awkward or weird. Even though Smash has a more unified visual style, the characters who DON'T come from that visual style look very out of place and jarring. In Brawl for example, Toon Link, Snake, and Sonic all look kinda sloppy compared to any other character, and it's not that they didn't do a good job of creating a model for them, it's just that they look so different from their original games and everyone else that they just don't feel right. It's kind of like an uncanny valley situation where your brain is being tricked into thinking something looks real, but you know it isn't and it doesn't process correctly.
    You lack devotion! Enduring hunger and poverty is how you find the way!
  • mcw00tymcw00ty Joined: Posts: 92
    Well said. I agree. I wouldn't say one is better than the other, just different.
  • MollyFighterMollyFighter Barkley Fightan Dev Joined: Posts: 630

[N1 D1 N3x2] N1 D1 S1
    Builds atleast 145 AP
  • Leebee LinkLeebee Link (they/them) Joined: Posts: 2,317
    the only thing I wish about the character models is that there was some kind of outline on them. it's often hard to distinguish them from some of the backgrounds.
    JoJo's Bizarre Adventure- Mariah, Jotaro
    KoF XIII- Robert, Elisabeth, Ash
    Battle Fantasia- Urs, Ashley, Face
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,532
    Finally took this game online. For anyone who not interested in FFA then stay away from ranked match. Three minute FFA with items and hazards is the default and cannot be changed. There's an option to invite a friend so maybe ranked can become 2v2 if I invite someone. No one on my friends list owns the game so I can't try it out. Quick match isn't much help neither as it's only FFA and 2v2 with no 1v1 option. Quick match uses the same matchmaking as ranked so no lobbies to get around it. There's an option to disable items but not hazards.

You can invite online friends in local VS. That's likely the place to get online 1v1 and full customization match options
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • Scrub SaibotScrub Saibot IT'S ME AUSTIN! Joined: Posts: 1,582
    It's pretty stupid that that's the way it is for ranked match. Oh well, at least player match will let you reliably set up 1v1 matches.

Reviews are out and the game seems to be doing pretty well. I might pick t up, but I need people to play with in 1v1...
    YOU ALL BOUGHT IT!
    EVEN MY FAMILY, EVEN MY IMMEDIATE FAMILY BOUGHT IT!
  • SerrisSerris ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Joined: Posts: 375

Day one Fat Princess combo. Builds 50% meter.
    Steam | YouTube | PlayStation Network ID: Herple-Derples
    New combo video from Superbot and Combovid.com (so basically Maj).
    New combo video from Superbot and Combovid.com (so basically Maj).

I want to see if that Big Daddy combo will work without a slope.
    If anyone wants to do 2v2 my PSN is on my sig
  • YinYin fun fun fun Joined: Posts: 3,396
    Finally took this game online. For anyone who not interested in FFA then stay away from ranked match. Three minute FFA with items and hazards is the default and cannot be changed. There's an option to invite a friend so maybe ranked can become 2v2 if I invite someone. No one on my friends list owns the game so I can't try it out. Quick match isn't much help neither as it's only FFA and 2v2 with no 1v1 option. Quick match uses the same matchmaking as ranked so no lobbies to get around it. There's an option to disable items but not hazards.

What?! That's not cool! Why would they skip 1v1 random battle. I don't want to talk to people and arrange things... That sucks. :tdown:

That cements my plan to hold off on getting it until xmas, I guess local battles at work will still be fun.
    slay this unaligned ant!
    What?! That's not cool! Why would they skip 1v1 random battle. I don't want to talk to people and arrange things... That sucks. :tdown:

That cements my plan to hold off on getting it until xmas, I guess local battles at work will still be fun.

Not having a 1v1 option is quite the oversight considering fighter pedgree behind the guys who made it. The guys should hit up Superbot to patch 1v1 option in quick patch. Maybe in the patch that will add the DLC charaters
  • JocelotJocelot Don't give up! Joined: Posts: 5,312
    Damb Dante is fun lol. Only got to play for a few minutes but so far I'm liking him. Taking me forever to get used to jumping with a button though.
    Party Robot!!
    Now my head can spin. I'll be around for a million years, so let the party begin.
    jak d ripr wrote: »
    That shit had me in stitches. Nigga went for all these flashy set-ups and doom was like hold these boots.
  • Ragnorok64Ragnorok64 My muscles have no memory. Joined: Posts: 4,947
    Anyone streaming this game?

Sent from my MOTWX435KT using Tapatalk 2
    Raiden = broken tier. Saying it now.
  • P. GorathP. Gorath @ButtonMashLA Joined: Posts: 6,786 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    lol at people buying a new game with all these unique characters and picking fucking DANTE

Disgustingly easy and practical Fat Princess combo that gives 131 AP.
  • ffffffffffffff Joined: Posts: 155
    Damn.. my Hori V3 SA doesn't even work for this game. Won't recognize R2 and L2. Guess I gotta use a controller :O
    lol at people buying a new game with all these unique characters and picking fucking DANTE
    What's wrong with Dante? Is there some rule I didn't read that said you were only allowed to like certain characters in this game?
    Lol I find it kinda funny. New Dante gets so much hate all over the internet yet people still use him so much.

Jeez is he fun though. I'm using him and Cole right now.
    Party Robot!!
    Now my head can spin. I'll be around for a million years, so let the party begin.
    That shit had me in stitches. Nigga went for all these flashy set-ups and doom was like hold these boots.
    There sure are a lot of Raiden's online. Radec knows how to bring in the salt. I had three rage quits and several children yelling at me through their mics. There's was instance where I did 2v2 with buddy that had the opposite team rage quit after using my assault rifle twice. I was deemed a "spamming I love My Little Pony so much it hurts" and they left.
    I'm loving Drake. I just don't think he's suited for 1v1. His lvl 1 super is too hard to land reliably.
  • DarksimDarksim Joined: Posts: 896
    Just played for like 5 hours straight with some friends, I really didn't have an opinion going in and I really like it. Playing 4 player FFA is pretty insane, but the hype levels are ridiculous, especially when you get overtime (and once, double overtime). Due to there being more than 4 people, we decided that the bottom two players would get kicked off for two other people, so it was actually pretty intense as everyone tried to pull wins out of their asses on a regular basis.

Despite my hatred of Dino (which was further cemented by how terrible his lines are, holy shit it's bad), I played him the entire time. Helm Breaker is ridiculous, especially since you can switch directions in the air. I would double jump > air dash and wait for people to attempt to roll under a predicted Helm Breaker and then turn around and Helm Breaker to punish the roll recovery. He can also move really well around the stage with double jump > air dash.

On hit his parry links into standing square, which is pretty legit. Didn't try the air version.

His level 1 is garbage. The only real success I had with it was using it to meaty people after they wake up from Helm Breaker (which, actually, is still pretty good). I could react to people rolling through me and turn around and still meaty them. Didn't try anything to chase techs away, but if you can do command dash > super, then you probably could meaty that too. Either way, it's a guess that is ridiculously in your favor, especially given how quickly Dante can build meter.

Level 2 is GODLIKE, holy shit, I lost count of how many times I killed three people with it. Level 3 is fittingly broken despite having the sucky transformation crap.

The only combo I came up with was: first three hits of ground neutral square chain > up square (launcher) > square followup (Dante super jumps after them, just like in mahvel) > first two hits of air neutral square chain > air up square > Helm Breaker. Builds half a bar IIRC. Obviously you get meaty super afterwards too.

You can also just do the launcher as AA and still do the followup, I think. Should be pretty good, it looks just like Vergil's s.S. In fact even his Helm Breaker feels like Vergil's, it's so fucking fast.
    Dante is awesome. I like s.1,1, :u:1 (launcher), j.1, j.2 (E+I shots), j.:u:3 (Air Scythe spin).

I can't remember how much meter it nets ya but I do it because it feels cool lol.

Also, I think his :f:1 (ground scythe spin) awesome because it hits enemies in front and behind, netting you sometimes double or triple the AP.
    Party Robot!!
    Also, the third hit of s.1,1,1 crumples standing opponents. I don't know if there's anything special you can do though.
    Yeah I don't think so. his crumple is weird, seems like his opponents go into an invulnerable state during his combo, but other crumples (like Cole's basic 1,1,1 can be combo'd immediately after.
    Party Robot!!
  • MajMaj CvS2 Combo Collector Joined: Posts: 2,073
    Just wanted to drop by and thank you guys for trying out the game and starting this thread. I don't know how often i'll be able to read it, but it's really cool to see people on SRK giving it a chance!

If you ever have any random questions for me and i take a long time to respond, try leaving a comment on any random PASBR post at Sonic Hurricane or ComboVid to get my attention, because i still check those feeds regularly.

I want to see if that Big Daddy combo will work without a slope.
    I happened to mention that in the transcript but yeah, it's actually one of the more practical combos in that video. All of it works on a flat plane except the F+Triangle shoulder rush at the end, which you can easily replace with U+Triangle (slightly delayed).

Against my better judgment I took "Dante" to training mode.

If it wasn't DINO I would definitely play him
    I'm sorry that you're not a fan of new Dante - but for better or worse, that's the direction Capcom decided to take with him. It's too early to tell, but i guess we'll find out when his game comes out in January.

He's a blast to play in PASBR though, especially if you like combo characters with good launchers and lots of movement. He has a lot of stylish combos and he can definitely hold his own in FFA once you start finishing your combos and maximizing your opportunities.

Here's a challenge: Try to find a combo into his lvl2 super starting from ground neutral Square.

Disgustingly easy and practical Fat Princess combo that gives 131 AP.
    Isn't it funny how easily people are deceived by appearances? Literally everyone who played the game for the first time told us that Fat Princess felt weak. All we could do was laugh about it. In case there's still any doubt, let me tell you - Fat Princess is a rushdown beast!
  • SUPARNOVAXSUPARNOVAX 必殺技 Joined: Posts: 5,810 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Played few hours of 2v2 with a friend between yesterday and a little bit this morning.

Stages kill my mojo so hard as Heihachi. There's a huge deciding factor for short range types when stages are condense and then expand. I don't like how stages can make some characters much harder to use than others.

Game is still pretty fun when things happen though.
    "Defeat is a state of mind. No one is ever defeated until defeat has been accepted as reality. To me, defeat in anything is merely temporary, and its punishment is but an urge for me to greater effort to achieve my goal. Defeat simply tells me that something is wrong in my doing; it is a path leading to success and truth." ~ Bruce Lee
    Also, the third hit of s.1,1,1 crumples standing opponents. I don't know if there's anything special you can do though.
    Don't forget he has style cancels. You can do 1~1~1, f+2, f+3~u+1 into whatever. The crumple gives you enough time to effectively do whatever you want.
    Don't forget he has style cancels. You can do 1~1~1, f+2, f+3~u+1 into whatever. The crumple gives you enough time to effectively do whatever you want.

Then has anyone figured out a way to combo into his level 1 super? I didn't mention it in my other post, but I don't even have a PS3, so I can't actually test anything.
  • BraveDemonBraveDemon What Goes Here? Joined: Posts: 88
    It's a fun game, however its clear that characters with strong level 1 and 2 Supers are going to dominate in 1v1 tournament play.

I already see Dante being an early (tier-whore) favorite... and maybe Raiden - although I personally don't think Raiden has great buttons. I can't remember, since I only messed around with each cast member for maybe about 20-30 minutes a piece, and either Dante or Raiden has a brain dead combo into crumple, which sets up nicely for level 1 super kills.

Decided I'll try co-main-ing Nariko in this game since she seems to have a decent mid-range game and good projectiles, and Raiden... simply cause he's bad-ass.
  • specsspecs Excuse me, princess! Joined: Posts: 6,380 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Go to ScrewAttack.com's PSASBR review for some of the dumbest Brawl fanboys you'll ever read comments from. Just sayin'.
    Carlos and Dave Anime Rave is the BEST damn anime review show on the internet! AnimeRave.xyz
    ScrewAttack review itself is rather dumb. The reviewer begins the review saying it's a blatant copy of Smash and through the course of it says it's a very different game. I like how rolls is now a Smash thing
  • toddler316toddler316 Drunk Shit Hustler Joined: Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    How is the game?
    Is netplay available?
    If so any word on if it's any good or not?

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2
    Russell Crowe: This is Tianamen Square. Lots of good fightin' has gone on here throughout the years.These China men can grow to over five feet tall, and in a fight, are known to kick with their legs.

As the infamous Bruce Lee said: "To know oneself is to study oneself in action with another person."

Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
    How is the game?
    Is netplay available?
    If so any word on if it's any good or not?

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

The game is really good. Even with items, it rewards player skill much more than the Smash series. There's online play and the netcode is surprisingly good. I'm not sure if the cross-platform features are working yet. Also, the Vita version supports screenshots, and the amount of visual fidelity they were able to preserve from the PlayStation 3 is nothing short of astounding:

BattleRoyale1.jpg

BattleRoyale2.jpg
  • Ratio 4 CerebellaRatio 4 Cerebella this again Joined: Posts: 90
    I would imagine this game would get its own forum, would it not?
    Seems like it should have been made by now :/