Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale Announced

1303132333436»

Comments

• Leebee LinkLeebee Link (they/them) Joined: Posts: 2,311
    I don't think kratos is broken (even in 1v1) or whatever all the shit that gets thrown about with him and raiden, but I would like to see some more recovery time on stuff like his 1, 1, 1, u+1, j. d+1, and j.f+1. that and reduce the tracking on f+1 and I feel like he would feel perfect.
    JoJo's Bizarre Adventure- Mariah, Jotaro
    KoF XIII- Robert, Elisabeth, Ash
    Battle Fantasia- Urs, Ashley, Face
  • FreakmonkeyFreakmonkey Draws Aminals Joined: Posts: 833
    Alright, I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask but I don't know where else. How do you guys use the dodge roll? I'm maining Ratchet and Dante, and I usually find myself blocking for the most part (still trying to teach myself that you can't block supers -__-). I remember Seth Killian saying that blocking doesn't do much in this game, but rolling tends to only roll me into more trouble. Like, I'll roll but still be in the range of the attack, so I'll get punished when the roll stops. Plus, when I see people who roll all the time I just grab them out of it (love the vacuum gun). So I guess what I'm asking is, when do you find the dodge roll appropriate to use in combat?
    Plugs for shit coming soon...
  • SamuelVimesSamuelVimes Joined: Posts: 1,666

It really depends on the character. The reasons why blocking should not always be used are A)throw/super bait and b) the opponent will still gain AP if their attack is blocked (100% on a just block, which must be a bug), and C) most items and hazards ignore blocking.

So then, Dodge rolls are a certain way to evade moves to punish or get in range, create space between people, or in some situations bait a roll out of the opponent who follows suit to reset the situation. The most obvious roll is of course when it will save you from a telegraphed special. Baiting rolls is much more important in this game is much more important than getting throws, it can get you kills and I can think of two easy rollbait supers for your characters.

Ratchet: while it is better to use Lv1 guaranteed, if you bait a roll in either direction when the opponent is close to you you can pick the right direction and free 1812.

Dante: While level1 MIGHT be able to catch a near roll going through you, Level2 is one of the best anti-roll options in the game, getting a kill easily not only in the same situations as Ratchet above but is also fast enough to punish a roll from a considerably long distance away.

Try to roll with these in mind and do not spam it or people will catch on and either throw punish you, kill you, or many characters can change the direction of their square combo so they can simply hit you if you try to roll past them at a certain time.

Blocking of course has a very important place in allstars, as you can punish unsafe moves just like in any other fighter. So knowing when to block, attack, or evade/position yourself in neutral is incredibly important. Hey, it is just like footsies, perhaps if you think of dodge rolling as jumping/dashing the analogy makes better sense.
  • truendymiontruendymion Beer Me! Joined: Posts: 2,226
    I need some 1v1!!!!! Who's down?!
    I'm thinking we should make a specific matchmaking thread. It'll make it easier to find matches, especially 1v1

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk 2
  • palipali PSN:Heavyjugz Joined: Posts: 976
    Every time I see a Kratos in FFA he gets a level 3 from spamming his f.1
    I don't want the whole character nerfed but the tracking on that move is ridiculous.
    LOL i hate that shit, its funny how great he is in FFA but when i 1v1 kratos players i destroy them.
  • truendymiontruendymion Beer Me! Joined: Posts: 2,226
    Alright, I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask but I don't know where else. How do you guys use the dodge roll? I'm maining Ratchet and Dante, and I usually find myself blocking for the most part (still trying to teach myself that you can't block supers -__-). I remember Seth Killian saying that blocking doesn't do much in this game, but rolling tends to only roll me into more trouble. Like, I'll roll but still be in the range of the attack, so I'll get punished when the roll stops. Plus, when I see people who roll all the time I just grab them out of it (love the vacuum gun). So I guess what I'm asking is, when do you find the dodge roll appropriate to use in combat?
    Use roll/block sparingly. Best to stay in the air for the majority of the time since you are immune to throws while airborne, also most aerial versions of attacks are just better, less recovery/harder to punish.

OffTopic: I finally got my purple belt YIPEE!
    Yeah air is underrated but watch out there because many characters have anti-airs and worse: air dodge punishers.

• ProjectSeoulProjectSeoul お前はもう死んでいる Joined: Posts: 94
    Anyone know where the floating cloud city in the Uncharted level is from? I think it's pretty awesome that an blimp flies by with the text "Our Voice Will Be Heard". I'd like to know what its from!
  • DarkArchvilleDarkArchville Anyone who opposes me will be destroyed. Joined: Posts: 1,166
    Anyone know where the floating cloud city in the Uncharted level is from? I think it's pretty awesome that an blimp flies by with the text "Our Voice Will Be Heard". I'd like to know what its from!

That's Columbia, the city from Bioshock Infinite.
    Ah thats what I thought. Thanks dude.
  • Phillpro1Phillpro1 Joined: Posts: 3,042
    EBNCK21_AE6jBdMoHZbkoQ2.jpg
    Maybe this is why FP is the least played character online Kappa
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Philltastic1
    PSN: I_Love_New_York
    MvC3: Zero/Ammy/Phoenix
    Morrigan/Doom/Ammy (bloom)
    So what is the deal with the new 1.05 patch?

Ooh, they changes Raiden's throw, prevented Drake's AP Loop, and nerfed Kratos' chain throw!

• SkikSkik toilet salami Joined: Posts: 618
    Kratos has more recovery on his square attacks (u.S, SSS string) when blocked/whiffed (so it's actually punishable on block rather than being a frame trap) and f.S homing has been toned down significantly

Raiden forward throw is a knockdown now and doesn't confirm into super

Drake loop is DEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD (you can't cancel Cover Fire into Run & Gun Retreat anymore)

and general online improvements

so this is the patch that was discussed previously in this interview
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    fuk
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    Did they mention kratos string I thought it was just his stupid homing grab that completely stuffs several characters.

• Leebee LinkLeebee Link (they/them) Joined: Posts: 2,311
    Kratos has more recovery on his square attacks (u.S, SSS string) when blocked/whiffed (so it's actually punishable on block rather than being a frame trap) and f.S homing has been toned down significantly

Raiden forward throw is a knockdown now and doesn't confirm into super

Drake loop is DEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD (you can't cancel Cover Fire into Run & Gun Retreat anymore)

and general online improvements

so this is the patch that was discussed previously in this interview

it's only kratos' f+1 that got changed:

less tracking and more recovery on it.
    JoJo's Bizarre Adventure- Mariah, Jotaro
    KoF XIII- Robert, Elisabeth, Ash
    Battle Fantasia- Urs, Ashley, Face
  • RavenDSkullRavenDSkull Lost between choices. Joined: Posts: 34
    So, I picked up the game recently. How's it going? The forums are really slow. That gets me worried.

IMHO, i saw a lotta potencial for fun and easy access to fighting games in this. Should I be worried?

Btw, about char choice: I've been going the Dante route, mainly because he's stylish and in your face, but I'm doing EC only 70% in training and obviously less in matches. Maybe I went a little over my head. What do you think? Change to Sweet Tooth or E.Cole, or try to persevere?
    AE2012: Sagat / Yun
    PAS: Dante

Repping Brasil here.
  • DopplesDopples TheFinestBrew Joined: Posts: 99
    Dante's tricky to play correctly honestly, and it's hard to really recommend him in a game where being in the air is so strong. That being said, he has great meter gain, and empty cancels allow him to combo into any of his supers with ease...if you can land a ground hit. E.Cole and Sweet Tooth similarly need to be on the ground to kill, but their wake up game is frankly better than Dante's. Hell, Sweet Tooth's game is all about knocking them down, and mixing them up with mines and jump neutral square into level 1.
    TvC: Frank West/Casshern UMvC3:She-Hulk/lol/lol PSABR:Drake/Kat (RIP Barrels) Persona 4 Arena: Aigis (Former Kanji main/fraud) Injustice: Harley Quinn (This'll be a blast!)
    If Suda makes a No More Heroes fighting game by teaming up with Aksys, I'd probably play nothing else ever.
  • GoddessBraceletGoddessBracelet Great Magic! Joined: Posts: 772
    So, I picked up the game recently. How's it going? The forums are really slow. That gets me worried.

IMHO, i saw a lotta potencial for fun and easy access to fighting games in this. Should I be worried?

Btw, about char choice: I've been going the Dante route, mainly because he's stylish and in your face, but I'm doing EC only 70% in training and obviously less in matches. Maybe I went a little over my head. What do you think? Change to Sweet Tooth or E.Cole, or try to persevere?
    I wouldn't be worried. There are tons of online tournaments, two leagues i am in are offering cash prizes. One is 150 dollar and the other 25 for first, 10 for second. It was just repped at scr for 2v2 gameplay.

Srk, gamefaqs, pasta stadium leauges, allstarsarena and reddit are places where talk and matches are being made. Come check us out :)
    Thanks, Dopples. What characters would you recommend? As a player, I'm divided between rushdown (i.e. Yun) and keepaway (i.e. Sagat).

Thanks, GoddessBracelet. I'll be sure to check you out. :)

Repping Brasil here.
    Pretty much anyone, really. The game's too young to really say if any character is too flawed to play. That being said, I wouldn't suggest Sir Daniel unless you want to struggle with landing your supers. Dante is a fine choice, he just requires a lot of work in the end. So if you're game for that, don't feel discouraged.
    TvC: Frank West/Casshern UMvC3:She-Hulk/lol/lol PSABR:Drake/Kat (RIP Barrels) Persona 4 Arena: Aigis (Former Kanji main/fraud) Injustice: Harley Quinn (This'll be a blast!)
    If Suda makes a No More Heroes fighting game by teaming up with Aksys, I'd probably play nothing else ever.
    Dante is definitely fun! If you pick him up come join us over on the Dante thread. It's always good to get input from others and share things to level him up. Cool to see you here Dopples, tough luck @ SoCal Regionals. Like you said the game is still young, I can't wait to see how it plays out.
    Dante is definitely fun! If you pick him up come join us over on the Dante thread. It's always good to get input from others and share things to level him up. Cool to see you here Dopples, tough luck @ SoCal Regionals. Like you said the game is still young, I can't wait to see how it plays out.

Glad to be here. This place feels like it's the only serious place around to talk about this game that's, well, active. So hopefully my stay'll be a good one. As for SCR, I can't really say much about what happened, haha. Nariko is my bane. :(
    Pretty much anyone, really. The game's too young to really say if any character is too flawed to play. That being said, I wouldn't suggest Sir Daniel unless you want to struggle with landing your supers. Dante is a fine choice, he just requires a lot of work in the end. So if you're game for that, don't feel discouraged.

I'm down for work. Honestly not C.Viper level of work, but yeah, I'll keep on it.

Just done it! Feeling it hard to approach with him, as I don't feel my air tools ground them to start comboing.

Btw, are there videos of SCR's tourney?

Repping Brasil here.
    Dante has issues getting in against ranged characters. I posted some tips on your post in the Dante thread.

There should be footage on Day 2 and Day 3. Possibly casual footage on Day 1 though I'm not sure about that. http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive

Day 3 Finals: http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive/b/358890870?t=19m30s
  • KaviteeKavitee Joined: Posts: 787
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=511821
    Now that's a complete bummer :[
  • Rin TezukaRin Tezuka Forever Low Tier Joined: Posts: 53
    Yeah, the past week has not been good for the game. Superbot having to lay off employees, Sony cutting ties with them and this as well.
    Well, there's still the future to look forward too. Kat and Emmett are on the way and Santa Monica seem determined to work hard on the game. I mean, Seth is still working on the game and maybe Omar can find a way to still get some input into the game.
    PSASBR: Sir Daniel, Toro, Parappa, Sackboy
    TTT2: Alisa, Lili
    SG: Peacock, Double
    MK9: Ermac, Kabal