Super Turbo revival in NYC at Next Level

mikeidgemikeidge Joined: Posts: 565
All you east coasters anywhere near Next level arcade in brooklyn that have been envious of the revival at super arcade can rejoice. H2H blast city cabs are now at next level! Im not sure what the plan is for the cabs, but before i left today, i hooked it up as head 2 head and put GMC in it. there was a decent crowd playing too. I'm sure the owner of next level(Henry) will be accommodating to us if we can make a regular thing out of this like the guys at super arcade. who's in???

562606_401842816503888_100000345198824_1340667_978877340_n.jpg

Comments

• SNAAAAKESNAAAAKE WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!? Joined: Posts: 13,098 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    SEXY!:love:
    you must defeat my Shen Long to receive the reward

• SNAAAAKESNAAAAKE WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!? Joined: Posts: 13,098 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    now throw cvs2 in one of these sexy beechss lol~:eek:
    you must defeat my Shen Long to receive the reward

• oldschool_BRoldschool_BR Projectile spammer Joined: Posts: 2,442
    now throw cvs2 in one of these sexy beechss lol~:eek:
    not!

GMC is the game.
  • FuddFudd High Level Parking Joined: Posts: 1,215
    Wow, this is so dope.

The Revolution will not be televised!
    "See, Super Turbo is a real man's game... But Street Fighter 4's like Chuck-E-Cheese, baby. Y'know what I'm saying? Where a kid can be a kid. I'm a grown-ass man, so clearly I'm not old enough to go in the ball pit." -Steve Harrison (Translation: dat Fo' make you soft)
    Super Turbo Revival
    "Everyone has a plan until they get magnetized." -SpiderDan
    PSN: Metonymous | Battle.net: Noun#1214 | Steam: Noun Proper | YT
  • TheMuffinManTheMuffinMan 「満」 「寸」 「越」 Joined: Posts: 506 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Well done Mike! Make sure you guys do some tournaments before ECT!!! Really nice to see ST getting the love it deserves across the US :D
    "That you float along in the ocean and live a life of peace does not come from your own resourcefulness." - Demon's Sermon on Martial Arts
  • ultracomboultracombo Weakest Loser Joined: Posts: 741
    Wow, this is so dope.

The Revolution will not be televised!
    go ron paul

and this thingamajig you guys got goin on
    "If ultracombo misses a low roundhouse, he is likely to continue doing it." - TheMuffinMan
  • MizukiMizuki ayy lmao Joined: Posts: 3,200
    Cool this finally happened, can't wait to play next time I'm in NY, now I'll have something to do at TNL lol
    www.twitter.com/thenipahhut
  • eltroubleeltrouble Joined: Posts: 5,714
    Wow, that's fucking awesome man. Hopefully you can get a dedicated NY scene up and running by the time Evo comes. It would be pretty sick to have a fun little WC v. EC thing going, especially if we have a lot of numbers.
  • MarsflashMarsflash BGG BITCHES!! Joined: Posts: 401
    Next level had a tourney for st a little after mike left. Congrats to emp jeron for doing his thing. But also congrats to next level and mike for showing that st is that ish. Godbless you guys.
  • ElderGODElderGOD GOD Joined: Posts: 9,800
    How much is it to play? There's like an entry fee for Next Level right?

Was planning on stopping by several times on the way from work but D trains weren't running. Shout outs to MTA being terrible.
  • mikeidgemikeidge Joined: Posts: 565
    $3 an hour, $2.50 each additional hour, or $10 all day. Never more than $10. All games free play afaik
  • Zorai_Zorai_ Joined: Posts: 11
    OMG FUCK YES.
  • furntreefurntree Joined: Posts: 28
    I did happen to go this past Tuesday and I can personally say it was a really fun experience! Joysticks/Buttons are a little beat up but totally useable and if anything it added to the atmosphere of playing at the arcade. Not too many people were around since it was a Tuesday night but I'm excited to see what might happen down the road for these cabinets. If anyone maybe wants to talk to Henry and setup a weekly? or maybe bi-weekly? That would be amazing! Anything to bring out the ST heads from the woodwork.

Also just to confirm it is pay by the hour @ standard next level pricing and the cabinets are on freeplay!

Get Hype!
    I have new sticks and buttons to put into the cabs next time i come in. Is wednesday a good day to aim for as a weekly ST? I'd like see more people chime to this thread!
    Glad to hear you're putting some love into these cabs mike! Wednesday might be a little busy with Big Two going on and what not. Maybe one of the quieter nights? I think ST would bring a much different group of people than what you see on big tournament nights, and the calmer atmosphere could be beneficial to the overall vibe of the event. I'm open to suggestions though! I'll try and ask some of the local GGPO monsters when I get a chance and see what they think.
  • MegamanX-8MegamanX-8 Robotic Warrior Joined: Posts: 141
    im definetly there
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/nohonorcrew/

Cant have Honor when we dont have honor

XBL : WalkingDeadGuy9
    KI : Arbiter, Jago
    SFV: Zangief
    Pokken: Sceptile
    ST : Zangief, Ken, Ryu, N Sagat
    Fightcade : MegamanX8
    Ggs tonight to megamanx-8, furntree, Janus Gemini and nerd josh. Glad to meet some new people playing ST. Hopefully the beating we all got from Janus doesnt discourage you guys!

On a side note, I put a new seimitsu ls32 and new sanwa buttons in the cab that some said had issues. As of today, I'd say both cabs are working perfectly. Seimitsu Stick in one cab, sanwa in the other and sanwa buttons in both.
    Shoutouts and GGs to all you guys who showed up for games today!

mikeidge - thanks for tips on my ken matchups, I definitely leveled up my game today.
    Janus-Gemini - Your dictator is too strong bro, makes me scared! xD
    MegamanX - That time in the lab is paying off! GGs all around!

I'm really hype for a friday night weekly! Think we can get started as early as this coming week maybe?

Edit- @mikeidge dont worry bro! we cant learn anything by winning all the time :D
    So Friday is looking like the day to try and meet up for ST. I will be there this Friday. Anyone else??
    great games yesterday and @ furntree yep the time in the lab is paying off man

im down for friday

I'm down for friday as well mike! What time were you thinking about?
    Same time I think 4-5ish
  • AnakronAnakron Alpha Male Joined: Posts: 2,391
    The cab is great. It looks amazing and plays amazing. Of course the sticks and buttons could be better but that's not a big problem. Who is interested in an ongoing 3v3 series? We can even do things like Nakano Royal format too.
    #SNKPlaymore on rizon
    isn't it funny that capcom put a mechanic called focus into a game designed for people with ADD
    I should be able to work with that time mike. I get out of work in manhattan at 430 can probably be at NL a little after 5. I know megaman gets out of work a little later than me but I don't know the specifics.
    Who is interested in an ongoing 3v3 series?
    That would definitely be awesome for later down the line. I think for right now getting everyone situated and maybe some simple ranbats would be a great option.
    Stick
    The cab is great. It looks amazing and plays amazing. Of course the sticks and buttons could be better but that's not a big problem. Who is interested in an ongoing 3v3 series? We can even do things like Nakano Royal format too.
    Sticks and buttons are in perfect order right now. I replaced the bad parts last Saturday. And if I'm there, I'll always have additional parts.
  • blueNINEblueNINE Alex Smith Joined: Posts: 1,334
    That is awesome. Can't wait to hit Next Level again.
    Please let me know if you need stick mods or repairs!
    Same time I think 4-5ish
    ima be there kinda late around probably 8:30 or 9 if not we can make a run on saturday if possible

friday is looking good. should have the east coast "legends" damdai and riz0ne in attendance as well.
  • DNGR S PAPERCUTDNGR S PAPERCUT Joined: Posts: 1,608
    You guys should setup a stream.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    Ah shit..    
    yes i wish i had the equipement to do it :(

• eltroubleeltrouble Joined: Posts: 5,714
    yes i wish i had the equipement to do it :(

Could you guys at least record the matches? I'm pretty interested to see how you guys over in NYC play.
    I would totally be down to setup some stream technology. Do you think you can make a homemade jamma video/audio splitter mike? I know its split already for the H2H setup but what if we did a 3rd dogleg with component video connectors and RCA or unbalanced 1/4inch audio jacks then going into a capture device or maybe convert the video to composite? Someone correct me if that wont work haha but it should right? I know you also do live sound mike so maybe if we get a small mixer and a couple mics henry might let us use the computer that hes used in the past to stream, I think he even has a couple SM58s laying around if i recall. I think hes been using HDMI input for the video through an ATI all in wonder card (or similar) so we would probably need some kind of PVR or other capture device to make this work. I made a crappy diagram of my signal flow if it helps at all! If anyone else has some ideas let me know! Also im not the most acquainted with Henry personally so I wouldnt be best one to talk to him about it! haha

(EDIT- DOH I forgot there is sync output as well so we would need some form of video converter this idea is more tricky than i thought >_>)

http://www.jrok.com/hardware/RGB.html
    kDTqq.jpg
  • orochizoolanderorochizoolander 2LANDER! Joined: Posts: 15,633
    ST is really the only fight game I play seriously if it's always at NL I'll be there almost every weekend and maybe a few MM's to get people hype...unless you're Damdai.
    P. gorath said: seriously though, it really crystalized how much better mvc3 is than that game. "Oh look, commando vs. 3 characters...this will be excitin--zzzzzzzzzzzzzZZzzzz"
  • DNGR S PAPERCUTDNGR S PAPERCUT Joined: Posts: 1,608
    Damdai is like Godzilla, got the whole east coast scared.
    Ah shit..    
  • booty clapperbooty clapper Grrrrrr Joined: Posts: 1,726
    No need to record anything. Just come and play.
    #SNKPlaymore & #Alpha2 on efnet
    Aww yeah ST tonight get hype! I'm probably getting out of work around 430 and will need to stop home first. So I'll most likely get there between 6-7 and I can play until they kick us out. Can't wait to get bodied by damdai! haha
  • SabinSabin Arcana 2 on PS2 SUX Joined: Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Uhh I can stream this, just tell me what hardware I need to add to my already existing setup. I know I'm going to need a expensive piece of equipment just to do this.
    SRK should stand for Stupid Retarded Kids.
    Originally Posted by Alidfe
    Arturo Sanchez won't be the best Dhalsim until he moves to Kyoto and changes his name to Kazuhiko Nitsuma.
    Sat May 26 or sun 27. Anyone want to meet up?
    i'll be there on saturday

• damdaidamdai www.damdai.com Joined: Posts: 1,079
    Sat May 26 or sun 27. Anyone want to meet up?

If I don't go to UFGT, I'll be there.
    supercade.damdai.com
    tonamento.damdai.com
    frame-advantage.com