Bloody Roar?

SPECTERLIGHTSPECTERLIGHT Chimes At MidnightJoined: Posts: 702
Was BR ever in tournaments?
I hope they make an updated version that is tournament worthy, as well as KI.
Now that developers see that fighting games have consumed a new audience, shouldn't there be a return to form for some of the better fighters of the past?
Disciplines: Bushin-Ryu-Ninpo, Street Fighting, Demonology, IGA Ninjitsu, Bushido, Alchemy, English Boxing, Wing Chun, Shaolin Gung Fu, Muay Thai, Tae Kwon Do, Igyo Tenshin-no-Jutsu, SFCQC, Swordplay, Garou Ryū MMA, Kusanagi Ryū Kobujutsu, Yagami M.Arts, Gun Kata...
“There is nothing outside of yourself that can ever enable you to get better, stronger, richer, quicker, or smarter. Everything is within. Everything exists. Seek nothing outside of yourself.” 武神

RIN-PYOU-TOU-SHA-KAI-JIN-RETSU-ZAI-ZEN

Comments

• KhentimentiuKhentimentiu Scrub-tacular Joined: Posts: 377
    Was BR ever in tournaments?
    I hope they make an updated version that is tournament worthy, as well as KI.
    Now that developers see that fighting games have consumed a new audience, shouldn't there be a return to form for some of the better fighters of the past?

Bloody Roar had a decent following in Japan there was some tournaments for BR3 and i remember a pretty big Primal Fury tourney when it was released, Primal Fury died off and then we got BR4 which was... uh... yeah.. i don't want to talk about it.
    But BR3 was legit, doubt very much we will see a new game since its been almost 10 years and Hudson is dead.
  • RongYaoRongYao Red Elk Joined: Posts: 10
    I doubt they will ever make a version especially about tournaments. And as Khentimentiu said, Hudson are quite dead or at least thats what we see.
    Mentioning developers and hopes of tournaments, theres one thing that comes to my mind.
    I personally hope that developers like the ones of fba, will get their hands on psarc95 code and put it into final burn, with the ggpo and supercade... those tournaments can be resurrected. Well, at least for BR2, it is not such a hype now like it was back in the days, anyway it is still amazing title that I love to play now or then. It would be cool in a nostalgic way.
    Art!
    I use pencils to write notes and paint to make my day colorful.
  • Xorph3u5Xorph3u5 Probably Off Topic Joined: Posts: 71
    I loved that game and 3 was the shit. Its the only 3d fighter i was ever hooked on. I was young didn't even know what i was doing but i played countless hours. That and CVS2...lol
  • DougieDougDougDougieDougDoug Joined: Posts: 13
    I still like to play Primal Fury now and then, does anyone know more about the "hidden" beast drives certain characters have? Busuzima in particular will often do a hidden combo when played by the CPU that starts with his QCB throw. I couldn't find any videos on Youtube, so I uploaded two of my own showing how to do Shina's and Long's hidden stuff:

Phoenix-form Chronos has a third as well but I didn't bother recording it, it's a 270+B motion starting from forward/back and ending in up. I've heard that Xion also has a hidden combo, but the computer has never performed it on me to my knowledge. I think CPU Alice has, but it was so long ago I'm not sure if I can trust my memory.
    Shina, Busuzima, Shenlong, Long and Cronos are the characters with hidden supers, None of them are much use Shenlongs can sometimes be used as a juggle ender and Cronos has a few gimmicky combos with his but nothing practical while Shina and Busuzima can get way more damage of command throws than using the hidden supers.

Busuzimas hidden super is B,P,K,K,B,B after his command throw, the timing is tricky it must be done just as he lets go.
  • Xorph3u5Xorph3u5 Probably Off Topic Joined: Posts: 71
    I wish they would make a new one...it is an awesome game.
  • rokninroknin Keeps Trying Joined: Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Busuzimas hidden super is B,P,K,K,B,B after his command throw, the timing is tricky it must be done just as he lets go.

Man I hated - HATED - trying to pull that off. I think I got it once in an actual match, lol.

And I loved the Bloody Roar series until BR4, which... eh... ugh. I'd love to see this happen - especially with the advent of online play - but yeah, it look slik a lost cause. :(

I still have my copy of Primal Fury that I almost sold recently. Glad I kept it for the rare occasion I feel like popping it in for kicks. Shina/Shenlong main. :D
    ~ aka "ninrok" aka "wyphoofighter" ~
    SFxT - Juri (Cammy) x Jack/ Julia x Law | Smash - Robin / ROB / Lucina
    youtube | soundcloud | tumblr
  • JayAlanCarterJayAlanCarter Arashikage Joined: Posts: 171
    whatever happened to the twitter troll last year? i thought konami was "investigating"
    Dunno'. But that troll broke my heart man. :'(
  • DrkD23DrkD23 Have at Thee! Joined: Posts: 234
    Sorry guys but my friends and I asked Seth Killian last year and even research led ourselves... The team responsible for Bloody Roar worked HEAVILY on Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3. They're where ideas like x-factor came from.

That's why the game is a 4 button fighter (launcher being like the beast mode/special button)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2
    UMvC3: Thor/Dormammu/Iron-Man, Tron/Thor/Ghost Rider
    SSFIVAE: Rose
    P4A: Labrys/Chie
    Injustice: Cyborg
    Sorry guys but my friends and I asked Seth Killian last year and even research led ourselves... The team responsible for Bloody Roar worked HEAVILY on Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
    What gave it away, the Eighting logo on the box and start up screen or the fact they are listed as the main developer on pretty much every website with info on the game lol,
    they also made Tatsunoko vs. Capcom and Fate/unlimited codes but im not sure what this has to do with Bloody Roar

Edit: bloody roar has no launch button or x-factor either
  • DrkD23DrkD23 Have at Thee! Joined: Posts: 234
    My phone cut off half of my post and I hadn't realized.

I have to find the post but I remember and article on kotaku about eighting saying they weren't doing another BR and that their work would live on in other fighters.

And obviously it didn't have a launch button (its also special, could be used an attack button in beast mode) but there was an x-factor similar function in Primal Fury if I'm not mistaken. I think it was hyper beast mode.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2
    UMvC3: Thor/Dormammu/Iron-Man, Tron/Thor/Ghost Rider
    SSFIVAE: Rose
    P4A: Labrys/Chie
    Injustice: Cyborg
  • girlystylegirlystyle Only plays Fugazi Joined: Posts: 1,804
    More like Bloody Bore
    people only pay attention to me because of my vagina awesome penis
    Hyperbeast was more like darkforce form vsav or stuff like Arthur's and Hsien Ko armour hypers in MvC3 if you really want to compare it to that, you spend meter for extra properties like hyper armour, guard breaks, any cancel point, etc it was different for each character.
  • Colen RetroFYTColen RetroFYT Gifted kids with a spice of hidden talent Joined: Posts: 124
    bloody roar to me was a very unique and skill full game with massive intense combos and far outrageous specials of death my favorite characters where alice,uriko,long,bakuryu,long,yugo, and jenny, extreme was my favorite then 2, 1,4 and 3 if they every made a bloody roar 5 that would be my day awesome game to play :)
    Yeah I figured at this point there wouldn't be a Bloody Roar anytime soon, as much as I would love to see it. I really,really got heavy into BR2 and even more into Primal Fury/3. I just wanted one more to wash the bad taste of Bloody Roar 4 away.

Still, Eighting has been on all sorts of projects since, so no surprise there. It would have been nice to see it return perhaps with a revamped style leaning back to the more comic-like presentation of the second game.

* sigh * Ah well. Some dreams can' come true. :(
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird New and Improved Joined: Posts: 11,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as Eighting is still around we might get a new game. Capcom get them busy with all sorts of projects so the day won't be coming anytime soon.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • Joe ZombieJoe Zombie Joined: Posts: 56
    So Eighting still owns the rights to BR? Or Konami? I'd be ecstatic for another installment. I figure if they don't want to touch the series anymore, why not hand it off to another developer?
    Eighting owns it since Bloody Roar had been published by multiple publishers.
  • Rhio2kRhio2k Senior Member Joined: Posts: 10,108 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as Eighting is still around we might get a new game. Capcom get them busy with all sorts of projects so the day won't be coming anytime soon.

Hudson owns the BR franchise, and developed it with Eighting. Hudson officially retired the series/franchise around 2003, then like 4 months after the buggy pos software beta that was Bloody Roar 4 was released here (the japanese got the finished version a couple months after us), killed the japanese website (bloody-roar.co.jp) and the american website (bloodyroar.com).
    Roger: Well, Anita's pregnant, and-
    Cruella: Well, what can I say? Accidents will happen.
    Roger: We're having puppies, too.
    Cruella: *Gasp* Puppies!? *Leer* My, you have been a busy boy!
    Hudson owns the BR franchise, and developed it with Eighting. Hudson officially retired the series/franchise around 2003, then like 4 months after the buggy pos software beta that was Bloody Roar 4 was released here (the japanese got the finished version a couple months after us), killed the japanese website (bloody-roar.co.jp) and the american website (bloodyroar.com).

Then how come it got passed around to publishers like Sony, Virgin and Activation? Hudson was a publisher in the US at the time
    Then how come it got passed around to publishers like Sony, Virgin and Activation? Hudson was a publisher in the US at the time

An owner can contract ANYONE to publish a game. It doesn't give them ANY ownership of it, though. Tecmo can hire Activision to publish DOA6...so what? Doesn't mean DOA now belongs to Activision, or that they have any say in the fate of the series. Just because you pour a driveway for a house doesn't mean you have any claim to the property. I thought everyone here knew this. *checks your join date* Hmmm...I guess there are some things you can't be expected to know yet.
    An owner can contract ANYONE to publish a game. It doesn't give them ANY ownership of it, though. Tecmo can hire Activision to publish DOA6...so what? Doesn't mean DOA now belongs to Activision, or that they have any say in the fate of the series. Just because you pour a driveway for a house doesn't mean you have any claim to the property. I thought everyone here knew this. *checks your join date* Hmmm...I guess there are some things you can't be expected to know yet.

I'm trying make sense out of Hudson farming out the series to other publishers when they are one themselves. It isn't common for publishers to get someone else to publish their shit unless they have no foothold in that regional market. Being passed around lead to believe it's a developer owned franchise than a publisher one
    They just did it their way. No rhyme or reason. The late 90's-early 2000's was a crazy time.
  • Chukz15Chukz15 Low Tier Option select is the future. Joined: Posts: 492 ✭✭
    Bloody roar was so fun when I was a kid, So I bought Bloody Roar 2 on PSN, relived some good memories, but I don't think BR is the series you would have a big following for, I never played 3 and don't know how it is, but in 2. I can punish someone for 80% of their health just by pressing Square.
    PSN:Chukz15
    GFWL: Darkerfire706
    Skill level: D tier
    Injustice: Superman, Batman
    Mahvel:Nova/Vergil/Hawkeye alt Wolverine/Doom/Vergil
    SSFIV: Dan/Balrog

• PrimalFighterPrimalFighter Joined: Posts: 68
    I wish they brought this series back into something greater!

Tekken and Soulcalibur were kinda starting to bore me.
  • fortuneslipfortuneslip Joined: Posts: 2
    I love this game..just bringing back childhood memories
    I find it a bit unique how every character can shift into different beasts
    pat_01_zps05dd60d8.png
  • SSJ_SonikkuSSJ_Sonikku Fighting Game Maniac! Joined: Posts: 623
    Except for 4, I love the Bloody Roar series. Very good fighters indeed. Recently I finally got my hands on Bloody Roar Extreme for the Gamecube. So satisfactory, especially finally checking out Fang.