Comments

• Xr0s-upXr0s-up Go banana! Joined: Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭
    Question Keits

Why did you add ground/air techniques?
    UMvC3: MODOK/Doom/Ammy; Magneto/Arthur/Haggar; Wright/Raccoon/Doom
    Revelator: Johnny

Youtube: Dentalplan
  • Spiku NightlySpiku Nightly Joined: Posts: 97
    Will there be a mode to play divekick without the extra features in techniques?
  • Mr. XMr. X Non Stop ∞ Climax Joined: Posts: 20,228 ✭✭✭
    Congrats Keits for stealing the show!
    You did not go back in time, this is how the forums look.
    "You are all just as bad as the people you hate. You're only interested in characters based on tears." - Since1717
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
    PSN: X_the_Genius | GGPO: Mr X | Skype: MisterEcks
  • King9999King9999 Joined: Posts: 10,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Giant Bomb stream was awesome. Need a gif of Lang dropping the drumsticks.
    3DS Friend Code: 2105-8754-7747
    PSN/Steam ID/NNID: mmking9999
    Tile Crusher now available on Android & Itch.io!
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." -Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015
  • GespenstRitterGespenstRitter Let's Dust! Joined: Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This game is shaping up to be better and better each time I see it. Congrats on that amazing PAX showing!

Here's to hoping for an Azrael-esque character sometime in the future.
    "You either love my motion controls...or die."  Shigeru Miyamoto
  • KeitsKeits OneTrueGame.com Joined: Posts: 8,765 mod
    Xr0s-up wrote: »
    Question Keits

Why did you add ground/air techniques?

The core reason is that I wanted to increase character variety and make sure the old (prototype) characters were as interesting as the new cast. We found that even after three major showings of the prototype people thought Dive and Kick were the same character, so this allowed us to address those kind of first glance misconceptions.

And yes, you can turn them off if you wish. Or you can can simply play without them and get to your kickfactor faster. :D
    Visit OneTrueGame.com for information on DIVEKICK, Tunnel, and future projects.
  • Xr0s-upXr0s-up Go banana! Joined: Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭
    thanks for the answer
    can't wait for it to be released
    UMvC3: MODOK/Doom/Ammy; Magneto/Arthur/Haggar; Wright/Raccoon/Doom
    Revelator: Johnny

Youtube: Dentalplan
    Thanks for allowing non-technique pure divekick option~
    Though I should say, because obviously you'll hold close to your heart any comments I say and remember me personally, that I really enjoyed how it was perfectly viable to play without making use of the techniques and roll with just the faster/longer kickfactor.

Will there be a combo metre added to the game?
    No combo meter.

EX moves are meant to be a choice between increased utility and eventual mega-damage (your super), but in most games that have them it doesn't work out that way so well.

In Divekick, its a choice between utility and a speedup that lasts through rounds. The speed up, if you can control it, is nearly always prefered, but you'll find yourself wanting to use techniques here and there to throw your opponent off. Different playstyles develop has a result. Some Dive players are technique heavy, and others almost never use them.

We really like the techniques and I'm sure you will too once you get your hands on it. I don't recommend playing with them off.
    Oh I certainly will be using them, I was just happy to see it included as an option; there will be those who like the thematic of just the dive kicking. Hell, I wouldn't have asked about the combo metre if it wasn't for the intention of using Kick's knock-up.

I remain excited to see if I can use Kick's air-technique for sneaking under Dive if I screw up and do a full jump at the same time as him

I remain excited to see if I can use Kick's air-technique for sneaking under Dive if I screw up and do a full jump at the same time as him

You certainly can. A Kick player in a test group I ran recently was doing this a lot.
  • Snuggle_WalrusSnuggle_Walrus Ninja in training Joined: Posts: 180
    I had heard the name of this game about in my games design classes from people who play fighting games with me but hadnt checked it out till the pax stream, saw it was getting a lot of attention so checked it out. Cant wait for this i cant belive you managed to make a serious game that looks fun and still has the core fighting game mechanics there like spacing XD. Sorry if its been asked or said somewhere but is there a solid release date? or a window at all? Voted on stream for it to be green lit and got a few friends to vote as well :) this looks excellent cant wait!
    SSF4:AE - Ibuki / Cammy
    MvC3 - Felicia/Zero/Dorm, Wolv/Akuma/Sent, Wesker/Doom/Magneto
    The release window is "Summer 2013" on PS3, Vita, and PC.
    Tonight, 9pm CST, new character reveal. Mind blowing.

twitch.tv/irongalaxy
  • ForsakenM~ForsakenM~ Unstable Catalyst of Hype Joined: Posts: 197
    Jefailey is FREAKIN' HILARIOUS!
    Current Goal: Working as many jobs as I can, while trying to balance money between important goals and maintaining sanity.

PSN: ForsakenM
    3DS FC: 5301-0968-5196, ForsakenM~

UMVC3: Hulk/G-Rida/Sentinel; MK9: Quan Chi; SG: Big Band; UNSR: Not quite sure yet!; MKX: So many good choices!
  • CanadianDstryrCanadianDstryr The Mundane Cinderella Joined: Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Un fucking believable.
    edited April 2013
    Divekick on PlayStation Blog

The character bios are hilarious!
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." -Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015
  • Icy Black DeepIcy Black Deep Still training... Joined: Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭✭
    King9999 wrote: »
    Divekick on PlayStation Blog

The character bios are hilarious!

I'm totally stealing "color-coded ninja thugs."
    New Jersey
  • SolidSonicTHSolidSonicTH Nyan-ko. Joined: Posts: 404 ✭✭
    Were there any divekicking characters you wished you could have used? A Yuri Sakazaki XIII homage character was something I personally would include.
    I'm a tryhard, big deal. I don't see why you care.
  • OilforthewinOilforthewin BETTER RED THAN DEAD. Joined: Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭✭
    Mr. N can usually be found riding to coattails of his best friend, upcoming Divekick superstar Dustin Weinburger, and is usually behind any sort of foul play that may occur at a tournament. Mr. N owes the mob a lot of money, and is constantly on the run.
    These bios are so great...
    "LAST WEEK ON MONDAY NIGHT NITRO, EVERYBODY SEE THE MOST HORRIFIC INJURY IN THE HISTORY OF DIS SPORTS, AND I GOT LISTEN TO YOU TWO IDIOTS SAYIN IT'S A FREAK ACCIDENT! WELL WHAT HAPPEN IS SID VICIOUS RAN INTO THE FREAK. SEE SID VICIOUS CAME OFF THE TOP ROPE, HE HIT DA MASSIVE CHEST OF THE GENETIC FREAK, AND HE FELT DA POWER, AND DAT POWER, SENT HIS LEG DOWN TO THE MAT, SHATTERED HIS LEG, AND HIS DREAMS, OF EVER BECOMIN' WORLD CHAMPYEN AGAIN! SO SID VICIOUS, I'M SEND YOU A PRESENT! I'M SEND YOU THESE TWO PRO- JABRONIES TO LAY NEXT TO YOU IN Y'ALL CAN TALK ABOUT THE SAME THING! YA CAN TALK ABOUT ME, DA MAN WHO SENT CHOO THERE! BUT SID VICIOUS, I DON'T FEEL SORRY FOR YOU, BECAUSE I GAVE YOU FAIR WARNING, TO WALK AWAY! JUST LIKE I WARNED STING, JUST LIKE I WARNED BOOKER T, AND NOW, KEVIN NASH, I'M WARNIN' YOU, BEFORE YOU SSS- DECIDE TO SHOW UP AT SUPERBRAWL, YOU THINK ABOUT DIS! I'M BIG POPPA PUMP, I DON'T FRAKE IT, I BREAK IT!"
    I hope there will be a character based on Triforce next.
    A ChrisG like character would be nice.
    "LAST WEEK ON MONDAY NIGHT NITRO, EVERYBODY SEE THE MOST HORRIFIC INJURY IN THE HISTORY OF DIS SPORTS, AND I GOT LISTEN TO YOU TWO IDIOTS SAYIN IT'S A FREAK ACCIDENT! WELL WHAT HAPPEN IS SID VICIOUS RAN INTO THE FREAK. SEE SID VICIOUS CAME OFF THE TOP ROPE, HE HIT DA MASSIVE CHEST OF THE GENETIC FREAK, AND HE FELT DA POWER, AND DAT POWER, SENT HIS LEG DOWN TO THE MAT, SHATTERED HIS LEG, AND HIS DREAMS, OF EVER BECOMIN' WORLD CHAMPYEN AGAIN! SO SID VICIOUS, I'M SEND YOU A PRESENT! I'M SEND YOU THESE TWO PRO- JABRONIES TO LAY NEXT TO YOU IN Y'ALL CAN TALK ABOUT THE SAME THING! YA CAN TALK ABOUT ME, DA MAN WHO SENT CHOO THERE! BUT SID VICIOUS, I DON'T FEEL SORRY FOR YOU, BECAUSE I GAVE YOU FAIR WARNING, TO WALK AWAY! JUST LIKE I WARNED STING, JUST LIKE I WARNED BOOKER T, AND NOW, KEVIN NASH, I'M WARNIN' YOU, BEFORE YOU SSS- DECIDE TO SHOW UP AT SUPERBRAWL, YOU THINK ABOUT DIS! I'M BIG POPPA PUMP, I DON'T FRAKE IT, I BREAK IT!"
  • mamesmames Joined: Posts: 40
    So you see people hating on this once in a while. I'd like to get into the peculiar mind of the divekick-skeptic.

Divekick doubters, did you play it and not like it or is this prejudging kinda deal?

Not that i'd accuse gamers of hating on something before they played it (lolz)
  • SleazoidSleazoid Joined: Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭✭
    where do we go to discuss strategy and read up on matchups for this game

don't want to lose to mike ross ever again
    SRK will have character forums closer to release. Until then, discuss right here!
  • rayplayrayplay aka solidoutlaw Joined: Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭✭
    What should we call the Dr. Shoals combo discussion thread when we get it?
    PSN: rayplay
    Best widowmaker in North Korea.
    "He's gonna switch to wireless mid greed sever."
  • PreppyPreppy act like you're used to it Joined: Posts: 13,331 admin
    Itching to improve? The slow dry burn? No flakes allowed?

http://zachd.com/mvc2 : My giant archive of fighting game videos, centered around MvC2.
    "If you don't feel like killing yourself every time you lose you will never be good. Apologyman is going to be a monster someday as long as he keeps staying miserable." --Brightside6382
    Brady confirmed OP pls ban.

Call it "We dont have time for fun...gus."
  • SaitsuSaitsu Tranquilo...ASSENAYO! Joined: Posts: 31,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keits wrote: »
    Call it "We dont have time for fun...gus."

...Puns are not your strong suit.
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
  • Exodus.Exodus. Joined: Posts: 7,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @specs I think you're a TBFP fan so you should appreciate this
    gl hf dd ka.
  • specsspecs Excuse me, princess! Joined: Posts: 6,380 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exodus. wrote: »
    @specs I think you're a TBFP fan so you should appreciate this

Haha awesome.
    Carlos and Dave Anime Rave is the BEST damn anime review show on the internet! AnimeRave.xyz
  • mutantmagnetmutantmagnet Joined: Posts: 83
    Preppy wrote: »
    Itching to improve? The slow dry burn? No flakes allowed?

All of the above?

Came to this thread to say Baz's lightning sucks when doing a mirror match up. Left thread with a good laugh.

• SpicyCrabbySpicyCrabby Joined: Posts: 1
    Keits, where can we find an archive of esports hour #3 and #4, I can't find them any where and I work until 10:00 PM PST on Weekdays!
  • rayplayrayplay aka solidoutlaw Joined: Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭✭
    As soon as I saw Baz was in, I did the most random and epic run, dance, cooking, thing ever.
    PSN: rayplay
    Best widowmaker in North Korea.
    "He's gonna switch to wireless mid greed sever."
    Keits, where can we find an archive of esports hour #3 and #4, I can't find them any where and I work until 10:00 PM PST on Weekdays!

Watch live video from irongalaxy on www.twitch.tv Click videos.
  • Rioting SoulRioting Soul Joined: Posts: 4,762 ✭✭✭✭
    Keits, are you guys still in the process of thinking up characters? Are you open to ideas? I was thinking of a character parody but it seemed too much for Divekick, then The Baz happened.
    We are not, and we cannot accept unsolicited ideas.
  • RegularjoeRegularjoe ... Joined: Posts: 11
    Marksman is an awful character.
    His design appears to be half product placement, half office in-joke.
    He's got no personality. He isn't funny. He is the blandest character in the game, even when compared to your Ryu/Ken.

Also, I predict fighting against a Marksman player who focuses on throwing items on your spawn point would be super annoying (though not OP).
    I don't know who Marksman is, but Markman is one of my favorite characters. One of the most fun in the game, if not the most fun, IMO.

But hey, thats why these games have lots of characters, so that every player can find something they like. We don't expect every person to like every character.
  • mutantmagnetmutantmagnet Joined: Posts: 83
    The humor of the Markman character doesn't come across at all. There is something to be amused with for every character even if you don't understand the deeper jokes.

This character needs a revision to show off better his personality.
    We'll get right on that.
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 34,123 mod
    Mark needs more Tekken or arcade stick/tech talk related jokes.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

Everyone (should) be mindful that if there isn't a new generation after my generation, the FGC (fighting game community) will basically become extinct, so it's important to think about the future.
    -Daigo Umehara

• VeseriusVeserius Hold Down Back Joined: Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Updated the first post with info on where you can play divekick next, and the character videos for the baz, markman, and jefailey.
    Vuh-sair-ee-us or just Ves I guess | Twitter | Youtube  | Maj's Footsie Handbook  | My TMNT:TF Netplay Guide
  • JohnGrimmJohnGrimm A.K.A. JohnXuandou Joined: Posts: 4,249 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Markman created the Kickbox? :(
    You lack devotion! Enduring hunger and poverty is how you find the way!
    John - In the in-game story. Not in the real life.
  • Smoothjazz101Smoothjazz101 Joined: Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭✭
    Do you guys have any plans or interest in UK promotional events?
    Interest, yes, plans, no. Its far and expensive :(
  • RagingDemonStormRagingDemonStorm The power of elevation Joined: Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Story mode? Who's playable in story mode.
    CVS2 Akuma\Geese\whoevers top tier in that groove
    You'll have to wait and see.