Divekick - The One True Game - Out now on Steam/PS3/Vita BUY IT

1789101113»

Comments

• Rioting SoulRioting Soul Joined: Posts: 4,809 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I'm loving Stream.

Have you thought about putting in a marker that shows where characters are when the other one dives really high?
  • KeitsKeits OneTrueGame.com Joined: Posts: 8,765 mod
    Being that, with a couple exceptions, you must leap before moving, that hasn't really been a problem for anyone playing.
    Visit OneTrueGame.com for information on DIVEKICK, Tunnel, and future projects.
  • PaolochunPaolochun so that I / can say I'm on your side Joined: Posts: 11,306 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    http://t.co/SzdsHp6eqp dat final boss :lol:

Gangnam Style pose?
    "The secret to strength is daily training."
    Chun-Li Street Fighter V training mode
  • Ragnorok64Ragnorok64 My muscles have no memory. Joined: Posts: 4,947
    How many more games can Seth be the boss of?
  • CanadianDstryrCanadianDstryr The Mundane Cinderella Joined: Posts: 2,071
    I'm in a character crisis and the game's not even out yet. Everybody looks good.
  • KomatikKomatik Card demon Joined: Posts: 2,660
    I'm disappointed that the Manmode Gem got turned into the Yolo Gem. Manmode is a much better name.
    Steam:Coffeeling | Fightcade: Coffeeling-FIN
    Xrd: Sol | ST: Claw, O.Sagat, O.Ryu | 3S: Chun-Li, Akuma
    Resource pack for learning fighting games and/or starting KOF13
  • mutantmagnetmutantmagnet Joined: Posts: 83
    Man mode is a better name. I just caught up with Stream and S Kill and I like them a lot.
  • Jugg4n4utJugg4n4ut Joined: Posts: 1
    4neqs wrote: »
    http://t.co/SzdsHp6eqp dat final boss :lol:

Gangnam Style pose?

no, seth plays his fightstick crosshanded. thats why lol
  • ViacheViache Joined: Posts: 781
    Ugh why can't it be UFGT weekend every week. I just want to play more Dive Kick now.
  • VeseriusVeserius Hold Down Back Joined: Posts: 11,365
    edited July 2013
    Vuh-sair-ee-us or just Ves I guess | Twitter | Youtube  | Maj's Footsie Handbook  | My TMNT:TF Netplay Guide
  • RadicalFuzzRadicalFuzz Invading Pokopon's Courtrooms Joined: Posts: 4,795
    It's releasing on Steam on August 20th, same day as the PS3/Vita release.
    I am the one true frog.
  • VeseriusVeserius Hold Down Back Joined: Posts: 11,365
    topic fixed, there wasn't a press release at the time.
    Vuh-sair-ee-us or just Ves I guess | Twitter | Youtube  | Maj's Footsie Handbook  | My TMNT:TF Netplay Guide
  • King9999King9999 Joined: Posts: 10,836 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Sorry if this was posted already, but Giant Bomb is having a tournament: http://www.giantbomb.com/divekick/3030-38394/forums/giant-bomb-divekick-tournament-1445897/?page=1

I just signed up for it. It's on the Friday of the same week the game is launching.
    Switch Friend Code: SW-2722-8799-3295
    PSN/Steam ID/NNID: mmking9999
    Tile Crusher now available on Android & Itch.io!
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." -Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015
  • DTJBDTJB Lazy Man's Artist Joined: Posts: 1,279
    Well gee, I was thinking about buying that new Ducktales game. But THEN...
    Working hard to get noticed.
    Put something in the music threads, good chance I'll like it.
    3S: Makoto - KOF13: Terry/Shen/Kula - USF4: Adon - VS: Felicia
  • blueleonblueleon Joined: Posts: 2,172
    DiveKick will not support XP

I can't upgrade to Win. 7 for the time being and I no longer have my PS3. This is driving me nuts.

• Leebee LinkLeebee Link (they/them) Joined: Posts: 2,260
    I think one tiny thing that would alleviate most of the "this is boring/unhype to watch/play" hate Divekick is getting is just to make it so that rounds start much faster. it's a fast game, but it feels like eons waiting for the announcer to say "round.... five............ DIVEKICK"

the prototype was a lot better in this respect.
    JoJo's Bizarre Adventure- Mariah, Jotaro
    KoF XIII- Robert, Elisabeth, Ash
    Battle Fantasia- Urs, Ashley, Face
  • Evolution169Evolution169 Wake up DP is unbeatable Joined: Posts: 1,025
    I played for a while and enjoyed the hell out of it, but then I encountered a terrible error when trying to connect to a lobby that required me to log off. I was stuck on the loading screen, and I couldn't alt-tab or task manager out of it. I was literally only able to restart or log-off to solve the problem. This is a serious issue, and I hope the fix it very soon.
    edited August 2013
    I'm loving this. The match-ups are killing me in this game. I'm trying to solo The Baz but Dr.Shoals keeps owning me. Anyone with a really horizontal kick is giving me problems. Am I supposed to use The Baz's ground special in anticipation of a kick? That start-up is really getting in the way of me using it as a reactionary move.

That sound glitch that happens for Jefailey's kick charge and Kenny's Spirit Bullet are still in the PS3 version.
    Post edited by Rioting Soul on
  • PreppyPreppy act like you're used to it Joined: Posts: 13,865 admin
    So stoked to tear into this this weekend.

Thank you, Iron Galaxy.

http://zachd.com/mvc2 : My giant archive of fighting game videos, centered around MvC2.
    "If you don't feel like killing yourself every time you lose you will never be good. Apologyman is going to be a monster someday as long as he keeps staying miserable." --Brightside6382

• RagingDemonStormRagingDemonStorm The power of elevation Joined: Posts: 3,182
    Any plans on the OST? I would like to get my hands on some of the tracks in this game.
    CVS2 Akuma\Geese\whoevers top tier in that groove
  • KorbidonKorbidon Who can stand against such abominations? Joined: Posts: 4,257
    Is there somewhere with a quick breakdown of each characters skills and angles?
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 35,550 mod
    Hmm... should we move this into the new Divekick section, or keep it here on FGD?
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

Everyone (should) be mindful that if there isn't a new generation after my generation, the FGC (fighting game community) will basically become extinct, so it's important to think about the future.
    -Daigo Umehara

• PreppyPreppy act like you're used to it Joined: Posts: 13,865 admin
    edited August 2013
    I'll put up a Please Enjoy the New Divekick Section! sticky tomorrow when I'm awake, and move the DK threads there then. =]

edit: done <3
    Post edited by Preppy on

http://zachd.com/mvc2 : My giant archive of fighting game videos, centered around MvC2.
    "If you don't feel like killing yourself every time you lose you will never be good. Apologyman is going to be a monster someday as long as he keeps staying miserable." --Brightside6382

I found a bug in the PS3 version. While the game is paused, if a controller shuts off and you turn it on again, it unpauses the game with the pause menu still on the screen. You can't control the characters in this state, and the timer is active. This occurs when player 1 pauses the game and player 2's controller shuts off. Haven't tried the reverse, but I assume the same thing occurs.
    Korbidon wrote: »
    Is there somewhere with a quick breakdown of each characters skills and angles?

I'm planning on making character tutorials. Nothing in-depth, but angles is one of the things I want to show.
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." -Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015
    So I don't know why I have a disconnect % when I've never disconnected. Just now, my opponent disconnected after he won the match, and somehow I got a 16% disconnect rate.
  • JordJord Joined: Posts: 33
    Really looking forward to more tutorials. It seems a good way for me to decide what character to play without necessarily having to play them all.
    Jord wrote: »
    Really looking forward to more tutorials. It seems a good way for me to decide what character to play without necessarily having to play them all.

Thanks. I'm participating in the Giant Bomb tournament, so I won't be doing any more tutorials until it's over.
  • JordJord Joined: Posts: 33
    Best of luck!
    edited August 2013
    Watch out for a player named Warturtle16 on PSN. I think he's using rapid fire or something because the only thing he does is repeatedly dive and kick with no variations.
    edited August 2013
    King9999 wrote: »
    Watch out for a player named Warturtle16 on PSN. I think he's using rapid fire or something because the only thing he does is repeatedly dive and kick with no variations.
    Is he a Kick player? I've come across him a few times. I'm positive he's AFK(AFC?). He just has dive and kick constantly on autofire and held down because when I come across him in ranked his "READY" notifier keeps going in and out and he picks his character, gem and duds with no delay. Also he does Party Starter as soon as he gets it for no reason. I assume he gets random wins from this.
    King9999 wrote: »
    Is he a Kick player? I've come across him a few times. I'm positive he's AFK(AFC?). He just has dive and kick constantly on autofire and held down because when I come across him in ranked his "READY" notifier keeps going in and out and he picks his character, gem and duds with no delay. Also he does Party Starter as soon as he gets it for no reason. I assume he gets random wins from this.

He was using Dive the few times I fought him.
    edited August 2013
    I just got matched with him in Ranked. He picked Kick, but he actually waited for me to pick The Baz first(he thinks it's a counter match?). Then it went like how I said. He got one round on me because his kick connected before my lightning reached him. After that I just started doing horizontal lightning from kickback to kill him as he jumps.

I got matched with him again and he dropped on me. The game froze and I had to quit the game, which gave me a loss and increased my disconnect to 1%... I think I'm going to avoid Ranked now.
  • MollyFighterMollyFighter Barkley Fightan Dev Joined: Posts: 630
    I got matched with him again and he dropped on me. The game froze and I had to quit the game, which gave me a loss and increased my disconnect to 1%... I think I'm going to avoid Ranked now.

Same happened to me, ran into him twice and its at 4% now.
    I had a match where, according to the game, I got kicked from the lobby (it was a ranked match), but it gave me a loss and increased my disconnect%. Come on now.
  • jay_redjay_red Joined: Posts: 120
    I seriously cant even get a ranked match to show up, i choose ranked and it just sits there searching. I pull out my phone and browse the internet hoping to get a match, but it never comes. I think I have 5 total matches on ranked.

In unranked its better, but still takes a bit to find a match, but when I do, the people are really cool and will rematch a bunch of times, I think I have like 60 or so matches in unranked so far.
1789101113»