Thinking of picking this up, is it really worth it?

GoddessBraceletGoddessBracelet Great Magic!Joined: Posts: 772
Hi there,

I'm thinking of picking up MK9 for the first time. My question lies with the current metagame, i know none of it, will i be outclassed for a few months or can I jump in and start improving right away?
·

Comments

• IncorruptibilityIncorruptibility Joined: Posts: 223
    There is no huge barrier. Obviously you won't be winning tournaments week 1 but it is one of the easier games to get into.
    ·
  • GoddessBraceletGoddessBracelet Great Magic! Joined: Posts: 772
    Thanks for replying, i'll head out and buy it and start with my old favorite Stryker.
    ·
  • wiredgodwiredgod Joined: Posts: 461
    This is a really fun game and has a low entry barrier. Playing online, I recommend doing unranked player matches instead of playing in the lobbies until your skills improve.
    PSN: wiredgod
    BB: Carl
    P4A: Teddie / Shadow Labrys
    Skullgirls: Peacock / PW / Filia
    ·
  • Tim StaticTim Static O - H - I - O Joined: Posts: 4,586 mod
    i'll head out and buy it and start with my old favorite Stryker.
    Shoot higher. Pun intended ;)
    Follow me on Twitter ;www.Twitter.com/Tim_Static

·
    is jax viable?
    ·
    is jax viable?
    yes, Jax is very very good.

·
    Alright, I'll be picking it up tonight. Everyone in my house is telling me not to buy it but I miss some of the gore from fighting games haha.
    ·
  • BPDark Knight21BPDark Knight21 Mash Harder. Joined: Posts: 197
    Bit late to the party?
    My life is a flow chart.
    Gamertag: BPDark Knight21
    ·
    A little bit, but I've been playing cvs2 and ST and marvel 3 for the past 9 months, this sort of became neglected by accident.
    ·
    A little bit, but I've been playing cvs2 and ST and marvel 3 for the past 9 months, this sort of became neglected by accident.
    If you given any amount of time to MvC3 you can give time to just about anything.

·
  • DarkArchvilleDarkArchville Anyone who opposes me will be destroyed. Joined: Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭✭
    So, is the netcode in this game as bad as people claim ? Did NetherRealm fix it ?
    ·
  • wiredgodwiredgod Joined: Posts: 461
    So, is the netcode in this game as bad as people claim ? Did NetherRealm fix it ?

I got into this game late, but I haven't had any problem with the netcode. A few games get dropped on occasion, but there's very little slowdown. I'd be happy if other fighting games matched the online performance of this game.
    PSN: wiredgod
    BB: Carl
    P4A: Teddie / Shadow Labrys
    Skullgirls: Peacock / PW / Filia
    ·
    it was terrible at launch but now its just bad to decent depending on connection.

this is the general consensus of the MK9 community as I dont play online myself.

·
  • YadiYadi 0'12er Joined: Posts: 255
    it was terrible at launch but now its just bad to decent depending on connection.

this is the general consensus of the MK9 community as I dont play online myself.

is it too late to buy this? should i just wait for the next mk?
    umvc3 teams: Nova,Spencer,Hawkeye , spencer,sentinel,akuma, Hawkeye,Sentinal,Akuma

Mvc2: jill,Sentinal,captain commando
    ·
    is it too late to buy this? should i just wait for the next mk?
    of course its not to late! Also, check this out, especially if you have play on PS3: http://testyourmight.com/threads/psn-introduces-ultimate-editions-featuring-mk9-w-dlc-skins.17583/

·
  • JaniJani Joined: Posts: 10
    I just ordered komplete edition, it's only 30€ (got totaly tired to SFxT)! Hopefuly europe online is still alive. Can't wait :)
    ·
  • oOParadoxoOParadox Keep it classy. Joined: Posts: 153
    I think it's worth the buy. I've had it since launch. The online was pretty laggy at first, but it seems to have improved over time. I haven't had any problems since then that didn't have to do with my own shitty connection, or the other player's.

I don't know which system you play, but if you ever want to go a few rounds on PS3 my tag is "iHeritik". I'll be home around 6 hours from now, so just let me know if you want a sparring partner or something.
    If you're reading this, then someone dun' goofed.
    ·