Iron Galaxy probably making CvS2

xPlasmaxPlasma Joined: Posts: 218
The Iron Galaxy website says they are working on an unannounced Capcom project.

Plus they recently did a panel at UFGT8 for feedback on a patch for 3sOE, probably looking to gain the favor of the FGC.

Why else would they patch 3sOE, if not to be trusted to make CvS2?
The fear when someone has done two shorts and you know a super is coming

Comments

• SF-Zero2SF-Zero2 Pronounced AlphaZero Joined: Posts: 1,373
    Don't play with my emotions like this......if true, hopefully they take the 3SO feedback to heart.....
  • Mr. UnbrockableMr. Unbrockable I like Thomas the Tank Engine Joined: Posts: 1,434
    Yay now Everyone will be able to come onto SRK and say how CVS2 OE is ass and how they don't play it and how Iron Galaxy fucked up. Maybe they can also get a bunch of shitty remixes from Simon Viklund for this game too!!
    Rattle Rattle thunder clatter boom boom boom
  • SF-Zero2SF-Zero2 Pronounced AlphaZero Joined: Posts: 1,373
    As long as they leave the Training stage classic music megamix intact, they can alter the rest all they want.

Oh, and please just copy SSF4 endless battle setup
  • REALPLAYERREALPLAYER Joined: Posts: 1,649
    i had a weird dream last night that i was playing cvs2 with four buttons, graphics that looked like they were drawn by an autistic 4-year old, the portrait of sagat didn't have his face...just a dull picture of a wall, and by the time i realized it was sagat, the character selection clock timed out and i was forced to play alex from tekken (the raptor) as my anchor. :confused:i was playing one of my old nemesis's and dropping short,short,super combos with ken.:mad: i woke up pretty pissed off.
    Mag/Dorm/Sent; Wolv/Dorm/Verg; Dante/Trish/others; Mag/VJoe/RR; Skrull/Nova/Spenc; Tron/Frank/others; Wesk/Dog/Akuma; Morr/MODOK/others; Nova/IM/Strange; Hawk/Dorm/Sent; Skrull/Chris/Doom; Hag/Hulk/Doom; Hag/Spenc/others; Tron/Spenc/Shulk; Hulk/Skrull/Shulk; Shulk/Task/Akuma; Morr/Strange/Phnx; GR/Nova/Phnx; Tron/Thor/Phnx; Viper/VJoe/others; Viper/SkrullFank/Doom; Hulk/MODOK/Dorm; Hulk/Pool/Mag; Zero/MODOK/FB; FB/MagDogDorm/others; Spider/StormX23/HawkStrider/IMRR/GRShulk; Cap/RRDoom/HawkThor/Viper others; X23/MorrArth/TronRR/ChrisHulk; Jill/IMDoom/DanteAkuma/TaskSent; Wolv/Pool/Sent; Thor/others/Strange; Thor/Trish/Doom; others/ Nova/Thor; Dfndrs; IF/others/Fel; Tron/PW/?; others/PW/Dog; VJoe/H-Ko/Shulk; Nem/Ryu/others; others/Morr/Shuma; GR/Shulk/H-Ko/Shuma
  • VorkosiganVorkosigan AWOOOGA Joined: Posts: 1,917
    This isn't a good thing
    A few years ago (my mother) asked if I beat Justin Wong at Evo. The shame I felt in saying no made me seriously consider suicide right there on the spot. - Viscant
  • NyoronoruNyoronoru Vocaloid DLC Joined: Posts: 1,647
    Uh... well, at least they have some experience now. Not looking forward to a port where trials and other BS are prioritized ahead of making the online work correctly.
    Life is too short to waste not trying your best!
  • MosqueMosque Life Joined: Posts: 390
    oh god this can't be good!!! bet you the first thing they do is get rid of RC.
    " THE PROOF IS IN THE PUDDING IN THE SENSE YOUR SON PROBABLY LOOKED LIKE PUDDING WHEN HE WAS HIT BY THAT CAR"
  • caliagent#3caliagent#3 Caliagent Bobblehead Joined: Posts: 4,164 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    i had a weird dream last night that i was playing cvs2 with four buttons, graphics that looked like they were drawn by an autistic 4-year old, the portrait of sagat didn't have his face...just a dull picture of a wall, and by the time i realized it was sagat, the character selection clock timed out and i was forced to play alex from tekken (the raptor) as my anchor. :confused:i was playing one of my old nemesis's and dropping short,short,super combos with ken.:mad: i woke up pretty pissed off.

LMAO

I don't see how this news is anything but speculation. Would be good tho.
    Whiff your entire SOUL into c.MK in 3S.
    Footsies guide: www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbpXplP_WFE
  • SNAAAAKESNAAAAKE WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!? Joined: Posts: 13,017 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    BRING IT! :mad:
    you must defeat my Shen Long to receive the reward

Id like those 8 people rooms where I own everyone in there with random characters..

I am good as long as I have THIS

• theboxthebox Painting the Fence Joined: Posts: 227
    This isn't a good thing
    why? i doubt youve even played the game to any great extent before.
    oh god this can't be good!!! bet you the first thing they do is get rid of RC.
    if they left in shit like urien unblockables i'm not sure why they would take out RC?
  • factory9factory9 ARCANA HEARTO TWEEEE Joined: Posts: 985
    Oh lord.

I really hope they don't screw this one up, whether it turns out to be CvS2 or not.

In terms of what I would want from it, I'm torn between simply arcade perfect or buffing some of the less fortunate characters/grooves.
  • VorkosiganVorkosigan AWOOOGA Joined: Posts: 1,917
    why? i doubt youve even played the game to any great extent before.

Iron Galaxy and Capcom don't exactly have a good track record of good ports and rereleases for fighting games

It really puts a damper on hearing about a potential CvS2 rerelease, which I have played a fair bit by the way.
    A few years ago (my mother) asked if I beat Justin Wong at Evo. The shame I felt in saying no made me seriously consider suicide right there on the spot. - Viscant
  • darktowndarktown Darktown2 Joined: Posts: 497
    if they left in shit like urien unblockables i'm not sure why they would take out RC?
    They wouldn't take out unblockables even if they were to make changes... Urien would be garbage without aegis, and isn't over powered...

Also, if they patch up 3so well enough i'd be willing to forgive them and give them another chance. Well as long as they don't say arcade perfect... ( to be fair 3so although it wasn't arcade is a lot closer than any other port too.)
    psn: darkTown2
    3s: ken, shotos, yang, dudley, urien
  • TheBigDaddyC-MasterTheBigDaddyC-Master Joined: Posts: 771
    Keep everything the way it was, and add an online training mode and a dramatic mode or something. Hell throw in a team battle or tag battle too.

But if they don't do that, keep it the same. :)
  • Hannes4DHannes4D Joined: Posts: 56
    Keep the game as it is ...don't add anything except online play and thats it ...don't mess up the trainings room like you did in st3 third strike ...
    a good netcode ... and some options like no enemy having a ping over 100 ... and show the fucking ping no dots or bars ...tracet and ping thats all i care about ..
    i like unblockables i like guard breaks ...i like roll chancel i like top tier and low tier don't change a game ....all i'm asking for is more options 2 search and set online rooms ... nothing more nothing less and take 20 or 25 $ for it thats ok as long as you deliver a working cvs2 ... no pictures no musik no trials non of that ...
  • Nick T.Nick T. Joined: Posts: 3,976
    lol everyone jumping to conclusions that it's actually cvs2. Until something is officially announced about it actually being cvs2, I'm not holding my breath.
    "It's not your characters' weakness, but weakness in yourself.
    Practice it hard and you can beat anybody." -Kuni
    I hear there are serious "license" issues with SNK. we may never see cvs2/3 ever.

I heard that they didn't want to do it because the game was too hard for the average person to pick up and play and that it would turn them off.

Which sucks. I like games with good learning curves.
  • extravagantextravagant Joined: Posts: 964
    I hear there are serious "license" issues with SNK. we may never see cvs2/3 ever.

regarding that, what do you mean by licensing issues? is SNK being really anal or something? i never understood the whole licensing thing. shouldnt SNK want their game to be acknowledged and re-released?
  • NickRocksNickRocks or whatever Joined: Posts: 22,079
    are iron galaxy the blokes who are responsible for MvC2 being on psn and xbl? cause if so, they need a talking to
    King of the Post-09ers
    We Are Based
    Maximilian is a racist thief
    https://clips.twitch.tv/maximilian_dood/DifferentBeeHeyGuys
  • jedpossumjedpossum Ok, Darling Joined: Posts: 4,227
    It is licensing issues preventing CvS2. Any way, Iron Galaxy isn't working on CvS2. They're working on another CPS3/DC game.
    are iron galaxy the blokes who are responsible for MvC2 being on psn and xbl? cause if so, they need a talking to
    That was Backbone.

I occasionally stream so you can see how boring poking around in the memory is. www.hitbox.tv/jedpossum

[8/6/2014 8:19:53 PM] Pasky: jedpossum, hacker of the obscure fighting games

• pantyguardcrushpantyguardcrush Joined: Posts: 69
    Keep the game as it is ...don't add anything except online play and thats it ...don't mess up the trainings room like you did in st3 third strike ...
    a good netcode ... and some options like no enemy having a ping over 100 ... and show the fucking ping no dots or bars ...tracet and ping thats all i care about ..
    i like unblockables i like guard breaks ...i like roll chancel i like top tier and low tier don't change a game ....all i'm asking for is more options 2 search and set online rooms ... nothing more nothing less and take 20 or 25 $ for it thats ok as long as you deliver a working cvs2 ... no pictures no musik no trials non of that ...

this guy pretty much summed it up. give us arcade perfect with a few extra options. we are more than willing pay for it. hell , we're here spending time talking about something that may never happen. and one more thing, you gotta be damned good to rc, so its a reward for all the time you put in. level up everyone.
  • DanderDander BANNED Joined: Posts: 7,213
    :O
    8tROOXi.png
  • caliagent#3caliagent#3 Caliagent Bobblehead Joined: Posts: 4,164 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    and one more thing, you gotta be damned good to rc, so its a reward for all the time you put in. level up everyone.

You don't have to be good to RC, you just need to spend 5 min. in training mode.
    Whiff your entire SOUL into c.MK in 3S.
    Footsies guide: www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbpXplP_WFE
  • J.DJ.D EVO Staff Joined: Posts: 4,492 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I personally loved 3sOE, and a new gen console port of CVS2 is an instant buy for me.
    Imma paint that fence with yalls faces :lovin:

However, what if they announce something like
    Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 2

Id buy that too :rofl:
    Fight For The Future!!
  • DiscoCokkroachDiscoCokkroach Robot Master Joined: Posts: 148
    Well, the project that IG is currently working has been revealed to be Marvel vs Capcom Origins (GGPO-enabled MSH & MvC1). That kinda stinks :|

I don't card how many loops Capcom and SNK Playmore have to jump through. I really want netplay-enabled CvS2 on a modern console. And I haven't even played it before. It just looks that good!
    Amingo is great he has both kinds of options Jumping High Kick and ducking light kick
    --EVIL CAP AMERICA
    That's awesome. Most people nowadays would have a hard time picking it up. It's nice to see some people would like it. It's one of the best fighters ever. In my opinion THE best fighter.
    That's awesome. Most people nowadays would have a hard time picking it up. It's nice to see some people would like it.
    I would love to play this game. The Groove system looks awesome, KoF-style team battles look awesome, and the music sounds awesome. It just looks like great fun. So what if Roll Canceling is "hard to do"? It's just another part of the game that you need to deal with.

I'm thinking of going with C-Groove, and picking Terry first, then...actually, you know what? That's all I need. Ratio 4 C-Terry freakin' Bogard. Bring it.
    (but srsly, i'll probably end up using A-Sakura cheese or something >_>)
    It's one of the best fighters ever. In my opinion THE best fighter.
    It's easy to see why. It's probably the most unique old-school fighter I've seen. I can't really think of a game like CvS2.
    Amingo is great he has both kinds of options Jumping High Kick and ducking light kick
    --EVIL CAP AMERICA
    You'll pick it up fine. RC'ing isn't so bad on a fightstick. Things like Paint the fence and shosho will take you a bit of practice though.
    Okay, need a lesson on this one: What do "paint the fence" and "shosho" mean?
    --EVIL CAP AMERICA
    It's a custom combo with Bison and Sakura (respectively) where you do the DP motion over and over again while they are in the corner (Sakura can start from anywhere). Go to their forums and there should be posts on it.
  • Ryuhaku_TodohRyuhaku_Todoh Joined: Posts: 12
    I would love to play this game. The Groove system looks awesome, KoF-style team battles look awesome, and the music sounds awesome. It just looks like great fun. So what if Roll Canceling is "hard to do"? It's just another part of the game that you need to deal with.

I'm thinking of going with C-Groove, and picking Terry first, then...actually, you know what? That's all I need. Ratio 4 C-Terry freakin' Bogard. Bring it.
    (but srsly, i'll probably end up using A-Sakura cheese or something >_>)

It's easy to see why. It's probably the most unique old-school fighter I've seen. I can't really think of a game like CvS2.

hahahaha, i LOVE the enthusiasm!
    Nothing better than someone picking their fav character and sticking to them!

Ive been on capcom-unity asking about them releasing this game on xbla and psn, to me it is stupid that they haven't. The release of "marvel origins" makes NO sense to me when MvC2 was already out.

CvS2 or SFA3 would have made far more sense.
    "TouDou-Ryuu no shinzui miseteyaru!"
  • goodm0urninggoodm0urning AWKWARD... BITCH Joined: Posts: 14,235
    I heard that they didn't want to do it because the game was too hard for the average person to pick up and play and that it would turn them off.
    I've heard this euphemism before, too. In other words, CvS2 is made for people whose self-esteem, expectations of winning, and appraisal of their own skills are grounded in reality.

A CvS2 re-release probably won't happen. But if it ever does, they don't need to touch anything. Just give it some decent netcode and don't fuck with it.
  • zenblasterzenblaster Joined: Posts: 717
    vampire savior
    people playing kof all day and cvs2 is "hard to pick up"?

fucking jokes.....................

• SesshaZLSesshaZL 春麗 豪鬼 Joined: Posts: 1,028
    I hope so, the emulator runs like ass on my computer.

and there used to be a cab at one of the arcades, but last I heard its busted or gone...

I really wanna play this game.
    50/50 post Hyoukusen mixup is dirty!!
    Way more dangerous than outsiders perspective, "low forward super, yawn, I play better games" - WTF-AKUMA-HAX
  • ZMangzZMangz (のヮの) Joined: Posts: 246
    CvS2 is coming to Japanese PSN. Granted its the PS2 version with (probably) no online play, but its better than nothing.

[URL='http://CVS2 on Japanese PSN http://www.psnstores.com/2012/09/global-psn-store-update-september-18th-2012/']http://www.psnstores.com/2012/09/global-psn-store-update-september-18th-2012/[/URL]
    whats the fucking point? at least playable on hd monitor I guess........?

• goodm0urninggoodm0urning AWKWARD... BITCH Joined: Posts: 14,235
    whats the fucking point? at least playable on hd monitor I guess........?
    To me, that's actually important enough to upgrade. My only remaining CRT TV has seen better days, and I'd rather not be reduced to playing CvS2 in lag-o-vision.

If only I still played video games and had a system that wasn't over 10 years old...
    It's a step in the right direction, but we need to take it up a notch and release it online.
  • geadomgeadom Reversal Counter Hit Joined: Posts: 1,077
    "He´s different, he´s special." Pick up your spear, the only thing you can do is your best
    its probably japanese only. I mean who the hell is actually hosting the server?? not capcom usa for sure.

• NickRocksNickRocks or whatever Joined: Posts: 22,079
    this sounds interesting?
    King of the Post-09ers
    We Are Based
    Maximilian is a racist thief
    https://clips.twitch.tv/maximilian_dood/DifferentBeeHeyGuys
    If you have a PS3, could you make a Japanese PSN account and get the game, regardless of what region you're in?
    --EVIL CAP AMERICA
    Hopefully it turns out good! I hope so.. it's been so damned long.
  • Intuitive2011Intuitive2011 Cr.Mk XX Hadoken Joined: Posts: 3,351
    THIS GAME BETTER BE PORTED TO XBL EUROPE. I'm not playing, I'll beat up a Capcom rep if it isn't. :P
    I so badly want this game!
    "Often times, a loss will strengthen and benefit the player more than a win, so I would say don't be afraid of losing and keeping competing." ~Infiltration
  • jedpossumjedpossum Ok, Darling Joined: Posts: 4,227
    THIS GAME BETTER BE PORTED TO XBL EUROPE. I'm not playing, I'll beat up a Capcom rep if it isn't. :P
    I so badly want this game!
    Beating up a rep isn't going to change development.

I occasionally stream so you can see how boring poking around in the memory is. www.hitbox.tv/jedpossum

[8/6/2014 8:19:53 PM] Pasky: jedpossum, hacker of the obscure fighting games

• Intuitive2011Intuitive2011 Cr.Mk XX Hadoken Joined: Posts: 3,351
    Beating up a rep isn't going to change development.
    Oh, I thought violence was the answer for everything. Thank you for informing me, kind sir.
    "Often times, a loss will strengthen and benefit the player more than a win, so I would say don't be afraid of losing and keeping competing." ~Infiltration
  • HAVHAV iori respawn Joined: Posts: 9,503
    Somebody make a Japanese PSN account and share it with meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee