Is this game moving forward, or is it stagnant?

extravagantextravagant Joined: Posts: 810
Be honest, this game was shitty from launch, and the only people who really enjoyed it were the scrubs who abused all the broken shit.

I got pretty good, but decided to went back to CvS2 for a while. I am thinking of coming back to SFxT, but remembering how crappy this game was, in contrast to a real fighting game like CvS2, I am a bit hesistant.

So assuming this game has gotten better since the updates, is this game worth playing right now? Or does it still need major updates? I heard about some Rolento glitch? And tourneys using vanilla? WTF LOL

Anyways how's the scene, reputation, community, and quality of this game overall recently?
K-Mai,Rock,Kyo
C-Morrigan,Ken,Iori
SF4 - Chun-Li

Comments

• silphsilph SFxT Defense Force Joined: Posts: 262
    I find it extremely enjoyable to play at a high level. There is alot more tension and depth in matches between skilled players than I've found in many other fighters.

Low level players, ie. the majority of the player base, have a much more difficult time wrapping their head around the combo and team mechanics in this game as opposed to SF4. The result is that low level play is a clusterfuck of random button pressing and jumping that usually results in neither player being able to kill the other within 99 seconds followed by both participants running to whatever message board they frequent and shitting on the game as much as they can.

The game has its problems, but overall I think it is very fun if you put in the time to play competitively. At this point my only real complaints are the undeniable weakness of a good portion of the cast, and (very related) the lack of reliable anti-air options for so many characters.

As far as community, it is similar to any other fighting game community. You have the underbelly of idiots and scrubs, with some quality players sprinkled about.

Also, yes, there is a glitch with Rolento's knife that causes a crash when it connects with another projectile. No one is happy about this but there's no use spending another thread complaining about it.
    SF4: Akuma, Ibuki, Bison, Dudley
    SFxT: Ryu x Ibuki
    SF3S: Dudley

Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • DugTheFreshestDugTheFreshest Joined: Posts: 247
    Its a fun game, but i dont think its a tourney level game. Especially when people ban gems, which i really enjoy. Ban on assist gems is great, but not all. Needs a serious balance tweak for some chars.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
    youtube.com/dugthefreshest
    XBL ManTan
    PSN dugthefreshest
  • mega_bustermega_buster Joined: Posts: 811 ✭✭✭
    Need a big patch pretty sure capcom will either talk about sfxt at e3 or evo,funny the one time capcom says they dont wanna make a super sfxt is the time we really need a super version lol
    Mainly plays:UMvC3,SF4AE,GG+R
    Waiting for...BBCP
  • Sho 'NuffSho 'Nuff The Shogun of Harlem Joined: Posts: 1,429
    Finally, a post with some sense.
    I like the way you think.

I'm thinking about getting back into this as well, but I have no idea where to start.

The team I usually use is Raven/Steve.

Is that team ok, or should I make some changes?
    http://oi48.tinypic.com/2jcg2aa.jpg

Play what you enjoy. Just don't knock the next person for doing the same thing.
  • DanDanDanDan Yeah! Joined: Posts: 1,209 ✭✭
  • Tiger_ClawTiger_Claw Hyouuuuu! Joined: Posts: 497 ✭✭
    get out of here with that CvS2 crap. That game would be terrible if launched today, it wouldn't even sell as much as sf3 online...that's for sure.
    If you don't want to play SFxT, then gtfo, no one cares bro.
  • Fatal Error XIFatal Error XI Such Beautiful Misery Joined: Posts: 891 ✭✭✭
    Need a big patch pretty sure capcom will either talk about sfxt at e3 or evo,funny the one time capcom says they dont wanna make a super sfxt is the time we really need a super version lol
    They never said they didn't want to make or would never make a Super SFxT. They said if they did, it would be done by patches/updates and not on retail discs.
  • DugTheFreshestDugTheFreshest Joined: Posts: 247
    Cvs2 is a wonderful game, but the arcade version is terribly broken via roll cancels.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
    youtube.com/dugthefreshest
    XBL ManTan
    PSN dugthefreshest
  • Bloodsword83Bloodsword83 Joined: Posts: 28
    I have a lot of fun with it. Come back to the dark side. :3
  • Tiger_ClawTiger_Claw Hyouuuuu! Joined: Posts: 497 ✭✭
    They never said they didn't want to make or would never make a Super SFxT. They said if they did, it would be done by patches/updates and not on retail discs.

SfxT doesn't really need that many patches IMO. They just need to take out that rolento bug and remove/nerf the auto-blk/tech gems, but other than that...most of the improvements can be done on the online side of things.
    1. most of the tekken characters that we thought would dominate the game, have been figured out(or close to)
    2. this game is really really balanced, given there's a definite bottom tier, but that always comes with any fighting games. You often hear of: "oh gief is too cheap", "nah hugo needs a nerf", "ryu is too safe", "raven/rolento can jab for days", "rufus does too much damage", "vega's reach is too cheap", "hei/kaz is too brain dead", "jin is a frame advantage whore". I feel that everyone has a broken thing they can abuse...compared to SF4 where everyone is basically a nerfed version of themselves.
  • TurboTurbo Joined: Posts: 236
    I got pretty good, but decided to went back to CvS2 for a while. I am thinking of coming back to SFxT, but remembering how crappy this game was, in contrast to a real fighting game like CvS2, I am a bit hesistant
    Anyways how's the scene, reputation, community, and quality of this game overall recently?

1. Play game
    2. Form opinion
    3. Profit
  • Flipboy189Flipboy189 In Shoryu We Trust Joined: Posts: 303
    Alot of people in my area (NorCal) are still shitting on the game. I myself enjoy it though.

Kinda waiting on the DLC to be available though. :/
    WRITER FOR DROMSTRUCTION.COM
    CURRENTLY PLAYING: AE2012/SFxT/UMVC3
  • Bloodsword83Bloodsword83 Joined: Posts: 28
    Alot of people in my area (NorCal) are still shitting on the game. I myself enjoy it though.

Kinda waiting on the DLC to be available though. :/
    Waitin' for Sakura. She's mah girl.
  • Flipboy189Flipboy189 In Shoryu We Trust Joined: Posts: 303
    Waitin' for Sakura. She's mah girl.
    True that! I love my Sakura. I also wanna try out Christie too.
    WRITER FOR DROMSTRUCTION.COM
    CURRENTLY PLAYING: AE2012/SFxT/UMVC3
  • 9898989898989898 98 Member Joined: Posts: 148
    Cvs2 is a wonderful game, but the arcade version is terribly broken via roll cancels.

lmao fucking seriously?
  • extravagantextravagant Joined: Posts: 810
    get out of here with that CvS2 crap. That game would be terrible if launched today, it wouldn't even sell as much as sf3 online...that's for sure.
    If you don't want to play SFxT, then gtfo, no one cares bro.

I appreciate your honest input. However, you missed the point that I was asking if this game has been patched and fixed to a worthy quality level of play. And no one was talking about bringing it online. I feel sorry for ya. Were you fence painted with SHOSHOSHO? CvS2 is leagues ahead of SFxT. Gems? We got grooves, and these grooves didn't take our money as DLC. So please, we don't need your naive input.

Anyways, I'll probably get back to playing. What do you guys think this game will be like in the next year though? Imagine exactly a year from now, do you think it will become a much better game?
    K-Mai,Rock,Kyo
    C-Morrigan,Ken,Iori
    SF4 - Chun-Li
  • ReanRean Freebuki Joined: Posts: 606
    it highly depends on capcom, and capcom is so random that its impossible to tell
    There is no such thing as innocence,only degrees of guilt.
  • silphsilph SFxT Defense Force Joined: Posts: 262
    I like the way you think.

I'm thinking about getting back into this as well, but I have no idea where to start.

The team I usually use is Raven/Steve.

Is that team ok, or should I make some changes?
    In theory, yes, I'd say that is a decent team.
    SF4: Akuma, Ibuki, Bison, Dudley
    SFxT: Ryu x Ibuki
    SF3S: Dudley

• ihiraihira Adult fan of LEGO. Joined: Posts: 341 ✭✭
    Anyways, I'll probably get back to playing. What do you guys think this game will be like in the next year though? Imagine exactly a year from now, do you think it will become a much better game?

After EVO, people will drop this game and tournament numbers will dwindle to the point where majors will start replacing SFxT with newer games.
    12 DLC characters @ fall is too little, too late and won't be enough to 'revive' the game.
    I'd be surprised if SFxT made it into evo2013.
  • SleazoidSleazoid Joined: Posts: 4,092 ✭✭

is this real life

am i really reading these words in this precise order
  • JiBboJiBbo AutoMattock Joined: Posts: 1,385 mod
  • Intuitive2011Intuitive2011 Cr.Mk XX Hadoken Joined: Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭✭
    I appreciate your honest input. However, you missed the point that I was asking if this game has been patched and fixed to a worthy quality level of play. And no one was talking about bringing it online. I feel sorry for ya. Were you fence painted with SHOSHOSHO? CvS2 is leagues ahead of SFxT. Gems? We got grooves, and these grooves didn't take our money as DLC. So please, we don't need your naive input.

You're comparing two games of a different time. How or why do you do that? Are you telling me right now that if CVS2 was released today it wouldn't have DLC?
    X Tekken is mad hype for me, even with those assist gems. As it's not like I haven't dealt with stupid before. (Seth, C.Viper, Wolverine's Bersker Slash invulnerability, Dark Phoenix, VORTEX! And so on and so forth). And no, this game wasn't "mediocre from launch", especially with Paul Phoenix shouting OSU! And considering matchups like Kuma (a grizzly bear) vs Ryu (a travelling wanderer). I need to know, what's all this broken stuff? I didn't realise ST Shin Akuma was in the game....
    http://zeroisbetterthanwesker.blogspot.co.uk/

"Often times, a loss will strengthen and benefit the player more than a win, so I would say don't be afraid of losing and keeping competing." ~Infiltration
  • Cody&Guy18Cody&Guy18 Joined: Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭✭
    I think lot's of people take the easy way out and drop the game, simply because they don't want to adapt, dislike a certain aspect of the game or just follow the (ignorant) hate surrounding it.

However, if Capcom addresses the issues (which they are doing right now) and release the DLC sooner, the game should/will gain intrest again. It can only get better at this point, which I hope will happen.
    SFxT: Law - Cody (Jack, Hugo) / USF4: Hugo - Cody / SFIII3S: Urien - Alex - Hugo
  • chaoslimitschaoslimits Death by snu snu Joined: Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭
    Be honest, this game was shitty from launch, and the only people who really enjoyed it were the scrubs who abused all the broken shit.

Game hasn't fundamentally, changed. If you thought it was shitty at launch, you're coming back to the same shit. No one can convince you to like it if you don't. I agree with Jibbo; it's moving forward; I'm really eager to see what this game looks like in 6 months. I have more things to experiment on than I have time to do it. Definitely having a blast with SFxT right now.
    Youtube | XBL/PSN: chaoslimits | IRC: #SFxT on EFNET
    @Rc_ON: 20$ get you 4 characters in Injustice, and 12 in SFxT. Do the math yourself.
    @kojibeoulve> i want to refund sf4 from my life; give me back all my lost time
  • ffffffff Joined: Posts: 167
    I'm not usually one to complain about people making pointless threads but I gotta say, OP is just another rant.
    I'm not usually one to complain about people making pointless threads but I gotta say, OP is just another rant.
    Hating is the cool thing in this summer.

"Often times, a loss will strengthen and benefit the player more than a win, so I would say don't be afraid of losing and keeping competing." ~Infiltration
  • The Lone DragonThe Lone Dragon perverted feminist Joined: Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭
    I'm still waiting for people to discover the rest of the character select screen.

How many times have I heard
    "Nina is actually REALLY good, but no one uses her."
    "Lil is actually REALLY good, but no one uses her."
    Etc.

When the community at large actually explores the cast, then we can talk about the potential of this game. Unfortunately (or fortunately) Capcom might have to nerf some characters the get people to branch out...as usual.
    Watch Porkchop 'n Flatscreen: Episode 2 on Youtube! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53Z4Kj1Etrk
    VIEW my animations and music: http://emezie.com
    READ my sister's book- http://nnedi.com
    Hating is the cool thing in this summer.
    This summer?

Have you been here long?

This summer?

Have you been here long?

100 years.

• ghostiesghosties spooked ya Joined: Posts: 356
    rolento glitch literally freezes the game and makes you turn the console on/off

you can't even access the PS3/360 menu or just take out the disc

but aside from that, they're at least fixing stuff. it might not be the best game or the most interesting - there are still unnecessary mechanics, pay2win gems, etc. etc. but the actual characters are getting less bullshit. then again, it should've been "normal" from the beginning. there will always be glitches in games, but fixing balance issues and then somehow adding new glitches on things that weren't even listed as needing to be fixed is kind of ... iffy.

capcom is supposedly completely rehashing the game, tho. we can't really say whether that'll be for the best or for the worst since we don't have a lot of information on it... but only time will tell. for now, if you like it, play it. you can argue whether its a good fighting game or a bad one all day, but as long as you're enjoying it i don't see a reason not to play it.

unless you don't like it, in which case... don't play it! like me! :wgrin:
  • 9898989898989898 98 Member Joined: Posts: 148
    I'm still waiting for people to discover the rest of the character select screen.

How many times have I heard
    "Nina is actually REALLY good, but no one uses her."
    "Lil is actually REALLY good, but no one uses her."
    Etc.

When the community at large actually explores the cast, then we can talk about the potential of this game. Unfortunately (or fortunately) Capcom might have to nerf some characters the get people to branch out...as usual.

99% of the time when people say that it actually means "this character isn't very good"
  • jedpossumjedpossum Ok, Darling Joined: Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭
    99% of the time when people say that it actually means "this character isn't very good"
    But, Lucky is really good but nobody uses him.(Not FE version)
    I occasionally stream so you can see how boring poking around in the memory is. http://www.hitbox.tv/jedpossum/ [8/6/2014 8:19:53 PM] Pasky: jedpossum, hacker of the obscure fighting games
  • Smoothjazz101Smoothjazz101 Joined: Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭✭
    2. this game is really really balanced, given there's a definite bottom tier, but that always comes with any fighting games.
    So really what you just said is "this game is balanced but not really". There's a good few fighting games such as Virtua Fighter and Vampire Saviour where low tiers regularly win.
    flagged as spam
  • HecatomHecatom (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 13,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So really what you just said is "this game is balanced but not really". There's a good few fighting games such as Virtua Fighter and Vampire Saviour where low tiers regularly win.
    dont forget about GGAC
    I think lot's of people take the easy way out and drop the game, simply because they don't want to adapt, dislike a certain aspect of the game or just follow the (ignorant) hate surrounding it.
    i love how always the people who defend sfxt think that people hate it because its cool, or dont want to adapt, there are legitimate reasons to dislike the game, and i dont know you, but if i dont like it i simply dont play it
    this is why im grateful to have different options to choose
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • ThancruzThancruz Joined: Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love how everyone has the same line "Well I don't like or play this game but....." and are constantly in this forum just to let us know they "don't like or play this game." For such a disliked game everyone sure is around in here instead of their favorite game's forum.
    dont forget about GGAC

i love how always the people who defend sfxt think that people hate it because its cool, or dont want to adapt, there are legitimate reasons to dislike the game, and i dont know you, but if i dont like it i simply dont play it
    What is it that you dislike about this game?I bet there's a solution to most of your problems.

• EllipsenEllipsen SFxTPC + AEPC Joined: Posts: 1,906
    Im enjoying the game, heres hoping that the upcoming GFWL patch doesnt make the PC version freeze on knife/fireball.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • IndiicaIndiica Justice Will Be Done Joined: Posts: 193
    I love how everyone has the same line "Well I don't like or play this game but....." and are constantly in this forum just to let us know they "don't like or play this game." For such a disliked game everyone sure is around in here instead of their favorite game's forum.
    This...

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
  • K3lloggzK3lloggz Joined: Posts: 668
    Why ppl are sooo quick to call balance issues in a game that has hardly been explored is beyond me.

Irony is...same ppl who are doing this like to see themselves as some "OG" FG player.

Funny
  • AwesomersaurAwesomersaur LAB Falken Joined: Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭
    It is far too early to say, and this comes from a detractor.
    恐竜
    It never fails. You'd think they'd focus on playing what they like.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

• KeijuKazeKeijuKaze Shutting it down Joined: Posts: 33
    I love the game but I just can't continue to play it in its current state, but I will give it a try once again when a patch that they are working on gets released until then Ill play other games I have.
    PSN: KeijuKaze
    Sfxt (Julia,Asuka/Jin),UMVC,TTT2

XBL: xStylin On you - UMVC,SFxT
  • Monster637Monster637 Rage Trigger Joined: Posts: 1,068 ✭✭
    i have not played for a while right before the patch with relento glitch waiting tell after to get back into it.......i love the chars and the move sets just dont lke the switch cancel typa game it became , but thats just apersona thing with not digging a baby marvelish type of gameplay.......i liked it the first eeks hen everyone was playing it like sf2 with 2 chars..

ima use the lame term metagame......that once the pros dugg deep what the game became quick was not much fun when its played the way they put it........Played proper.....
    Sent From under Your bed......Using Your MOM!!!
  • Cody&Guy18Cody&Guy18 Joined: Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm totally fine with people who enjoy other games instead of SFxT. It's all subjective for the most part. And I agree with "If I don't like it, I don't play it".

Yet, having to remind everyone why you personally don't like or hate the game over and over again doesn't make a lot of sense in my eyes. Why even bother coming over here?
    SFxT: Law - Cody (Jack, Hugo) / USF4: Hugo - Cody / SFIII3S: Urien - Alex - Hugo
  • HecatomHecatom (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 13,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm totally fine with people who enjoy other games instead of SFxT. It's all subjective for the most part. And I agree with "If I don't like it, I don't play it".

Yet, having to remind everyone why you personally don't like or hate the game over and over again doesn't make a lot of sense in my eyes. Why even bother coming over here?

learn to read motherfucker, im talking about the stupidity of how some sfxt white knights use shit like, "they dont want to adapt", "just follow the hate", etc, etc

you even go saying that they are going the "easy route" for dropping the game for one of their liking, that shit is plain stupid

and i come here because i still somehow enjoy playing this big pile of crap from time to time
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • K3lloggzK3lloggz Joined: Posts: 668
    learn to read motherfucker, im talking about the stupidity of how some sfxt white knights use shit like, "they dont want to adapt", "just follow the hate", etc, etc

you even go saying that they are going the "easy route" for dropping the game for one of their liking, that shit is plain stupid

and i come here because i still somehow enjoy playing this big pile of crap from time to time

yea its kinda like how I enjoy mvc 2, alpha, and Doa but I know its a pile of crap cookie-monster.gif

Edit: also if u rlly believe that there arent a big number of ppl that dont like this game due to the reasons stated......well.....idk what to tell u
  • IndiicaIndiica Justice Will Be Done Joined: Posts: 193

So many people say this. Just doesn't make sense..

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
  • TurboTurbo Joined: Posts: 236
  • helhelhelhelohelhelhelhelo True Believer | * * * * | Joined: Posts: 251
    Heard from some other thread, this game was the 3rd most played game at UFGT8, this game really is played as much as haters pretend it is, plus the patching is at work, meaning it will become closer to a "legit" game
  • extravagantextravagant Joined: Posts: 810

However, if Capcom addresses the issues (which they are doing right now) and release the DLC sooner, the game should/will gain intrest again. It can only get better at this point, which I hope will happen.

Lol easy way out? I was taking to hard route using Lili x Hugo before taking a break. And if anything was easy, I wouldn't be using the easy route. You know how bad Lili and Hugo are against Shotos and Kazuya? You are judging your conclusions from inaccurate assumptions. Oh yeah, I'm taking the easy route out by playing better fighting games. Makes huge sense!

This is not a ranting thread, I was only trying to ask a simple question. Is it simply moving forward? I got an answer, yes, thank you.

Those of you who thought this was just another rant thread, get over yourselves, the game is a piece of crap, and if it wasn't a piece of a crap, then people wouldn't be ranting or asking questions about it. Until then, stop lying to yourselves and just accept the fact that this game needs much work.
    K-Mai,Rock,Kyo
    C-Morrigan,Ken,Iori
    SF4 - Chun-Li