Injustice: Gods Among Us; New Game by NetherRealm Studios

Comments

• Noble CactusNoble Cactus In name only. Joined: Posts: 8,452
    I want Rorschach please.
    You... you ARE kidding, right? I'm tired right now and can't decipher.

I'll do the inevitable and say that there will be lots and lots of Batmen online/in tournaments. No explanation needed.

I've always felt that NRS games tend to be stiff and slide-y. It's kind of hard to describe, and I see that hear. Not enough information to form many opinions yet.
    "No tree, it is said, can grow to heaven unless its roots reach down to hell."
    - Jung
  • ZebsterZebster Joined: Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭
    I'm expecting this game to be more for the casuals than anyone else.
    3DS Friend Code: 1392-4119-7524 3DS name: Zebster Pokemon X in game name: Zebia
  • Swedish ChefSwedish Chef STEEL THY BUTT! Joined: Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Then what's the point of him being a "gadget" character if he has the raw strength to brawl with anyone?

Just stylistically it looks bad to me. But whatever, to each their own.
    'Cause he's the goddamn Batman that's why, his main combat trait is that he beats his opponents not only using his own physical/technical powers but through his mental analysis of his opponents powers and weaknesses, then using his knowledge of his opponents strengths and taking advantage of these opponents weaknesses to succeed.
    As for his costume design, too each his own I guess I think it looks pretty cool.
    TAKING YOU PUNKS DOWN!!!
    ^Bubbleberry_VII you are so godlike for making this.
  • xesxes Evil Forrest Gump Joined: Posts: 2,528
    I've always felt that NRS games tend to be stiff and slide-y. It's kind of hard to describe, and I see that hear. Not enough information to form many opinions yet.

I think a little bit of that is style, all the way back to MK1, they've looked just weird compared to other fighting games, and now its kind of what people expect from those guys :p
    I'm expecting this game to be more for the casuals than anyone else.

Eeh, honeslty this isn't the place to look at the game competitively anyways. It'll be interesting as hell to watch TYM about it, see what the actual competitive MK players think.
  • DoctorForHireDoctorForHire Cpt. Troy Handsome Joined: Posts: 82
    I like how Batman can kick Solomon Grundy into the next lifetime but Wonder Woman has trouble fighting Harley Quinn
    Courage isn't just a matter of not being afraid. It's being afraid and doing what you have to do anyway.
  • itsOneOitsOneO Joined: Posts: 203
    im interested.

NRS did a great job with MK9 & im curious as to what they will improve upon with this game. If Injustice has a campaign similar to MK9, I'll rent it @ the very least.
    The King of Pennsylvania Ave
    Watch My Animated Series "The Yard" !!
  • Negative-Zer0Negative-Zer0 Joined: Posts: 6,192 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Batman is batman. He can do whatever the fuck he wants.
    If everyone else could move upwards socially, so can blacks. They are just dumb.
    "This comparison ignores the unique history of discrimination against Black people in America. Over the past four centuries, Black history has included nearly 250 years of slavery, 100 years of legalized discrimination, and only 50 years of anything else. Jews and Asians, on the other hand, are populations that immigrated to North America and included doctors, lawyers, professors, and entrepreneurs among their ranks. Moreover, European Jews are able to function as part of the White majority. To expect Blacks to show the same upward mobility as Jews and Asians is to deny the historical and social reality that Black people face."
  • jaiwhite205jaiwhite205 Skullgirls PC :D Joined: Posts: 1,098
    You guys really dont know how to read or do research. Ed Boon said this game is nothing like mk vs dc and I didnt see ANYTHING that said this game uses the MK9 engine. It doesnt even look like it uses the MK9 engine.
    PSN: underK1ller
    people get so weirdly focused on geek minutia. "OMG SOMEBODY DID SOMETHING OUT OF CHARACTER, THE GAME IS RUINED!!!!"
  • quicksquicks Joined: Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭
    You guys really dont know how to read or do research. Ed Boon said this game is nothing like mk vs dc and I didnt see ANYTHING that said this game uses the MK9 engine. It doesnt even look like it uses the MK9 engine.
    its quite clearly unreal engine
  • SolderSolder Aspires for Mid-Tier Joined: Posts: 1,339
    All of my previous posts were kidding; this is going to be the definitive fighting game of the 21st century.

Spoiler:
    XBL: Girls N Corpses

Canada Cup 2011- 8/95 Never Forget
  • itsOneOitsOneO Joined: Posts: 203
    Then what's the point of him being a "gadget" character if he has the raw strength to brawl with anyone?

Just stylistically it looks bad to me. But whatever, to each their own.

#1 The game is in development, so things are subject to change.

#2 Rocket Racoon knocks Hulk left and right in MVC. There's so much bad logic in the fighting game genre, it seems petty to point this out. Why are we even taking it there.

It looks unrealistic for Batman, but I would be a hypocrite if I wasn't pissed at all of the other ridiculous stuff in fighting games.
    The King of Pennsylvania Ave
    Watch My Animated Series "The Yard" !!
  • SaranghaSarangha Look within yourself Joined: Posts: 4,256 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I need Marvel vs DC, been waiting for that ever since MvC1 dropped tbh.
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/comment/8449745/#Comment_8449745

“If you do not pour water on your plant, what will happen? It will slowly wither and die. Our habits will also slowly wither and die away if we do not give them an opportunity to manifest. You need not fight to stop a habit. Just don’t give it an opportunity to repeat itself. (67)”
    ― Swami Satchidananda, The Yoga Sutras

“For those who have an intense urge for Spirit and wisdom, it sits
    near them, waiting.”
    ― Patanjali, The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali

Nostalgia=Drug

its quite clearly unreal engine
    I dont think he said what engine it used. This doesnt look like it was made in the likeness of MK9.
  • IlthuainIlthuain Lost in a labyrinth of egoism Joined: Posts: 402
    people get so weirdly focused on geek minutia. "OMG SOMEBODY DID SOMETHING OUT OF CHARACTER, THE GAME IS RUINED!!!!"

But dude, it's not like Batman occasionally does something crazy like travel through time and fight cavemen before becoming a witch hunter in the 16th century and then hanging out with Blackbeard on a pirate ship. That would be silly and completely out of character.
    "They took three locks of her yellow hair; Lay the bairn tae the bonnie broom
    And wi' them strung that harp so rare; Fa la la la la la la la la la"
    -Old Blind Dogs
  • quicksquicks Joined: Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭
    #1 The game is in development, so things are subject to change.

#2 Rocket Racoon knocks Hulk left and right in MVC. There's so much bad logic in the fighting game genre, it seems petty to point this out. Why are we even taking it there.

It looks unrealistic for Batman, but I would be a hypocrite if I wasn't pissed at all of the other ridiculous stuff in fighting games.
    If Rocket was prepared for it he prob could know the hulk about

not a comic fan are you?
    I dont think he said what engine it used. This doesnt look like it was made in the likeness of MK9.

becaue the unreal engine looks like the unreal engine

I'd gadly bet money on this
    I need Marvel vs DC, been waiting for that ever since MvC1 dropped tbh.

All marvel/DC crossovers have been rediculous silly disasters, so I don't mind so much ><
  • Hatred EdgeHatred Edge FEAR MY WRATH Joined: Posts: 12,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm.... Seems DoctorForHire has an issue.
    Batman takes a punch from Darkseid that should have crippled if not outright kill him. Stay flabbergasted.
    With the power I have attained....  Overwhelming and absolute.
    But dude, it's not like Batman occasionally does something crazy like travel through time and fight cavemen before becoming a witch hunter in the 16th century and then hanging out with Blackbeard on a pirate ship. That would be silly and completely out of character.

What's funny is that that's not even some silly Silver Age plot, that's current Gritty Batman (yeah I know you already knew that. It's still hilarious)
  • h1tm0nl33h1tm0nl33 Super Kicking Feind Joined: Posts: 135
    this game is already a mid-night buy but Give me Doomsday, Lobo and Deathstroke and this will be a Special Edition buy.
    Hey you! Yeah you asshole, my fucking name is h1tm0nl33! What do want huh? Wanna kick me? Wanna BEAT ME? WANNA KILL ME?!?! Ha! Nobody! Nobody!! NOBODY CAN BEAT ME!!!!! I'M GONNA KICK YOUR ASS!!!!
  • Monster637Monster637 Rage Trigger Joined: Posts: 1,069 ✭✭
    Looks awesome, but still a little stiff like MK9 is. The interactive environments thing... well... dunno how that will work. Hopefully nothing too dramatic. If anything I would guess that the knocking through walls would be handled like previous MK titles where it just changes the scenery.
    yes that has always been the mk curse , the 90z stiffness they never adapted out of, but you could say they stayed true to there franchise sticking to it and there fans..But are not most unreal engine games kinda stiff , gears , rainbow 6 yadda yadda yadda
    Sent From under Your bed......Using Your MOM!!!
  • power_strenght_manpower_strenght_man Cobham tier Joined: Posts: 55
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 14,453 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol at the story **** here
    if they are using the unreal engine (wich more than probable they are) then its the "mk9" engine
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • ShigShig Joined: Posts: 459
    I like the "stiffness" of movement. Reminds me of a pre-The Matrix action movie.
  • Monster637Monster637 Rage Trigger Joined: Posts: 1,069 ✭✭
    we will all know soon enough if we all see the horrible jump kick and everyone has the same upper cutt shinaningans since mk 1 and teleports how much this is mk with super heroes or something trying to be its own beast
    Sent From under Your bed......Using Your MOM!!!
  • GraphicGraphic Whip it. Joined: Posts: 375 ✭✭✭
    It is pretty vague from what was presented, but it looks good. I'm glad this will be separate from MK so there would be more freedom in the play style. I'm not really grasping what Boon was saying about an interactive environment, perhaps it was his way of describing multi-level stages? I'm hyped.
  • JampJamp Toxic Beauty Joined: Posts: 7,387 mod
    Harley Quinn? You have my attention, Mr. Boon. Don't fuck this up.
    "Hey man if I lose to it, I'm pretty sure that makes it braindead." - AceKillah
  • Mr. XMr. X Non Stop ∞ Climax Joined: Posts: 20,004 ✭✭✭
    ...or so DC thinks, and they're right. Gritty superheroes sell, and I've had enough of the cartoony fighting games. We have SF, Marvel, BB, KoF, GG, (insert anime inspired game here), Skullgirls... do we really need everything to look the same?
    I agree with the differentiating looks.

MK characters move around like they shit their diapers though so I hope it looks like it moves better.
    "You are all just as bad as the people you hate. You're only interested in characters based on tears." - Since1717
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
    PSN: X_the_Genius | GGPO: Mr X | Skype: MisterEcks
  • DarkArchvilleDarkArchville Anyone who opposes me will be destroyed. Joined: Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭
    My personal wishlist for this game:

-Give each character different air normals and jumping arcs. MK9 did not have that, and as a result it made characters feel too much "samey" for my tastes.
    -No block button, as it eliminates crossup jumping attacks. It was only kept in MK9 because having it is a tradition in the MK series, but it's not needed here.
    -No run button. Glad it was removed in MK9. Just don't bring it back.
    -Remove the input bug and player 1 priority advantage.
    -No stupid gimmicky button minigames like in MKvs DC.
    I only want Lobo if he is voiced by Brad Garrett.

It's going to be weird hearing Joker not voiced by Mark Hamill :|
    "You are all just as bad as the people you hate. You're only interested in characters based on tears." - Since1717
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
  • Thatdude8Thatdude8 Joined: Posts: 298
    I hope there is some differentiation from MK. I don't have a problem with MK mechanics but I want this to have its own identity.
    I don't mind bringing some mechanics back from MK9 as long as NRS learns from the shitty mistakes they made - specially the way blockstun works and the stupid input leniency MK9 had going on. Also breakers.
    Rumor going around.

There's going to court stage and Ironman will be a guest characters.

He's suing Batman for patent infringement.
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
  • RoGE9RoGE9 Joined: Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭
    Please tell me Batman is being voiced by Kevin Conroy again, if so then...MAINED
    I only want Lobo if he is voiced by Brad Garrett.

It's going to be weird hearing Joker not voiced by Mark Hamill :|
    true, but i woudlnt mind if joe dimaggio does joker's voice for this game, i liked what he did on under the red hood
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • NaokiB4UNaokiB4U Joined: Posts: 1,088
    Booster Gold. Make it happen.
    If you teabag or taunt, you're a scrub.
  • HD-ManHD-Man Big Apple 3 A.M Joined: Posts: 7,757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like how yet another completely unrelated thread about a new fighting game became another "Fuck Capcom" thread. The butthurt is off the charts. STOP BUYING Capcom games, some people here sound like a bitter ex a bf/gf who never got over the break-up. GET OVER IT

On another note: I heard great things about MK9, so I shall give this a chance. If nothing else, this should be balanced and fun.

"I wake up and piss excellence"
  • NaokiB4UNaokiB4U Joined: Posts: 1,088
    true, but i woudlnt mind if joe dimaggio does joker's voice for this game, i liked what he did on under the red hood

If i'm not mistake Mark said he was done with Joker after Arkham City. As a matter of fact I played the DLC for that game Harley's Revenge and the Joker doesn't speak except for a recycled clip. Will probably not be Mark.
    If you teabag or taunt, you're a scrub.
    I don't mind bringing some mechanics back from MK9 as long as NRS learns from the shitty mistakes they made - specially the way blockstun works and the stupid input leniency MK9 had going on. Also breakers.
    breakers are good imo, they should keep them
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    breakers are good imo, they should keep them
    Breakers themselves aren't the problem, it was the way they were implemented. I wouldn't mind a revised breaker system.
    ...Do you think we can get Raven on here? I think she would fit so perfectly.
    I hope they don't run into the same bugs that they say they can't fix in MK9 like the meter drain bug (last I heard, this was months ago).
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
    And I really, reaaaaaaaaally hope they use a decent netcode this time.
  • sandwichofdoomsandwichofdoom Hyped for Injustice: Gods among us Joined: Posts: 1,073 ✭✭
    Sweet, excited to see a full game match to see what the game will actually play like. Normally I would be bugged by the bat knee, but i wouldn't be surprised if that is changed by the time of launch, and if not i can deal.

Really glad to see grundy. One of the things I like about the mvc series is the use of a few more obscure characters, which satisfies those fans and introduces newcomers to them. Though not the most obscure character he is a sign they might head in that direction for some. Also grundy is awesome.

I always felt the reason has kept air moves the way they were is because the sprites made the style necessary, and after a while they just became part of the series's style. So I hope without the obligation they diversify air moves a bit. I actually have no problem with the block button, I prefer back, but the items, arenas and possibility of things like mk style teleports etc. may make it necessary to have a designated button. Really depends on which works best with the game.

Ineresting that the logo or name of dc does not appear in the title, would have thought that would have been in there. Also interesting to see how over the top supers will be)

Characters I want:
    Lobo- mostly because I think he would really fit the visual style, and i would love a interactive motercycle
    Martian Manhunter- He deserves it, would be really fun, only problem is the extra work required for tranforming
    Aquaman- Because screw you Aquaman's awesome
    Nightwing-they may have 2 bat characters already, but he should have priority over everyone but batman
    Blue Beetle- Because Blue Beetle
    Green Lantern (any)
    Zatanna or Doctor Fate- I would love this.
    Animal Man

And so many more that I'm missing and will hate myself for.

Edit: Gorilla Grodd, see knew this would happen
    MVC3: (Firebrand/Ghost Rider/Dormmamu), (Skrull/Rocket Raccoon/Nova),(Iron Fist/Hawkeye/Shuma Gorath),(Modok/Doctor Strange/Deadpool)
    Mortal Kombat: Kabal,Kenshi GG:Zappa,Faust SSF4: Vega,Bison,Juri 3's: Alex,twelve
    sfxt: Rolento,Hwoarang, King,Lei,Bryan Tekken: Feng, King, Hwoarang,Lei SC:Voldo Skullgirls: Peacock
    Darkstalkers: L.raprtor,Donovan,Jedah,Anakaris. Blazblue: Arakune JoJo's: JoJo, Dio, S.Dio
  • J.DJ.D Fortune favors the prepared... Joined: Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really hope they realize that what they have is super heroes.
    This games needs to be FAST!
    Twitter: @SRKJD
    UMVC3: Spencer/Dante/Magneto
    XBL: TRUJD3S
  • BiGGDaddyCaneBiGGDaddyCane ☵☳☷☵☴☵☳☲☷☵ Joined: Posts: 913
    Want em in Ed

4421520060605072246largls8.jpg
    Black_Lightning_0010.jpg&sa=X&ei=DuDHT7e4FObW6gGMrq2mCg&ved=0CAkQ8wc4dg&usg=AFQjCNGplOWPeMMdEiNYkvMUhWGk9pwSog
    fury_of_firestorm_1.jpg
    firestorm2.jpg
    " Watching Early 1900's Classics "
    KOF 98 Slugfest Dream Match Never Ends
  • Alex X TizocAlex X Tizoc I don't always HP subs, but when I do, I say MUUN! Joined: Posts: 217

I like how Batman can kick Solomon Grundy into the next lifetime but Wonder Woman has trouble fighting Harley Quinn
    Who gives a fuck if you want to argue comics or make a comics perfect game then it won't be a fighter.

I'm interested in seeing how they incorporate the stages into the game. I think it's going to be the biggest new feature the haters are going to bitch about and that the rest of us are going to love. Ultra mega ridiculous combos define Marvel but really nothing exciting happens in the course of the game. As long as stage interaction isn't a shallow feature to get a little extra damage, then I think it could be a great game.

My character wish is for Jim Lee's Zod.

http://img202.exs.cx/img202/8249/s213js227tm.jpg

also Rorschach
    I hope there is some differentiation from MK. I don't have a problem with MK mechanics but I want this to have its own identity.
    That's my opinion on it and I think it will definitely feel different. I think that instead of simply upping the ante on everyone like they did with Marvel, they can make the game play in a different style that feels like superheroes but doesn't feel completely off to MK players.
    Breakers themselves aren't the problem, it was the way they were implemented. I wouldn't mind a revised breaker system.
    i particularly didnt have a problem with it, but i would ike to know what you didnt like about them
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • weavertsweaverts Injustice: Hype Among Us Joined: Posts: 53
    Stage interaction can be hit or miss.

If it's busting people through walls and floors like XMCOTA or MvC1 Bathhouse? Cool.

If it's like you get different attacks when near a wall or low wall or something like that like VF throws? Cool.

If it's shit falling on your head and getting in the way or random tigers attacking you out of nowhere? No thx.
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME