"Big" reveal tomorrow
    Doomsday for sure
    Unless Ed is being cheeky and it's Aquaman

Little more info on the reveal tomorrow
    Post edited by Kavitee on
    ·
  • JocelotJocelot Don't give up! Joined: Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭
    Sweet! can't wait to see who it is.
    This week is too good. Reveal tomarrow, plus legit footage of 3 characters we haven't seen in action much on Friday.
    Party Robot!!
    Now my head can spin. I'll be around for a million years, so let the party begin.
    jak d ripr wrote: »
    That shit had me in stitches. Nigga went for all these flashy set-ups and doom was like hold these boots.
    ·
  • AriesWarlockAriesWarlock Joined: Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    lol nicely done, Jigsaw.

edit: Injustice twitter loves it lol
    Post edited by AriesWarlock on
    "Umvc3 is a 2 player game the same way Super Mario Bros. was on NES. You gotta wait for someone to die before the other has a chance to play"
    ·
  • JigsawJigsaw Joined: Posts: 104
    Haha nice, I thought about tweeting it around a bit myself but couldn't be bothered. :P

SO happy with Harley Quinn's alternate costume!! Looks awesome. I never liked her original outfit so I didn't care much about her, but now I'm finding myself kinda curious to play her actually, heh.
    ·
  • HD-ManHD-Man Big Apple 3 A.M Joined: Posts: 8,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Hope there's a classic Shazam costume in there, not too keen on Netherealm's interpretation. This New 52 incarnation didn't come off as cool in the game as it is in the comics. Minor grip. Badass win-pose tho. lol
    Post edited by HD-Man on

"I wake up and piss excellence"
    ·
  • Swedish ChefSwedish Chef STEEL THY BUTT! Joined: Posts: 6,567 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Post edited by Swedish Chef on
    TAKING YOU PUNKS DOWN!!!
    ^Bubbleberry_VII you are so godlike for making this.
    ·
  • BigDeweyBigDewey Joined: Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everybody might as well give up, the King is here! B-)
    ·
  • KaviteeKavitee Joined: Posts: 787 ✭✭
    Dat super
    Also Hawkgirl again in that trailer, and I think I saw a flash of Black Adam.
    ·
  • The Invincible SwordsmanThe Invincible Swordsman Only built for SRK Joined: Posts: 3,092 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    He's got the FUCKING TRIDENT!!

This has been THE INVINCIBLE SWORDSMAN saying:

I won't main him, but damn that shit is hot!
    Post edited by The Invincible Swordsman on
    ·
  • jak d riprjak d ripr Joined: Posts: 7,351 ✭✭✭
    He looks pretty beast, I must say after some initial disappointment at the excessive inclusion of batman characters the roster has begun to round out really well. So far we haven't had any real surprises but overall its a nice balance.
    ·
  • SHAZAMforInjusticeSHAZAMforInjustice Stream Hero Joined: Posts: 94
    Aquaman:
    Using tridents,Like a BOSS
    Raising armies,Like a BOSS
    Riding sea monsters,Like a BOSS

UMvC3:Captain America and friends Injustice:Shazam
    jak d ripr:"Although this has to be the first time someone has "liked" my post only to completely disagree with it, that s**t caught me off guard."
    Keyzerjose:"That's the mixup."
    ·
  • trufenixtrufenix Joined: Posts: 230
    nin-jay wrote: »
    How much damage does a stage transition do? Can you combo into it from a ground or wall bounce?

The same moves that cause stage transition cause ground / wall bounce. You can cancel any string into them for 2 meters. Damage is unknown, but given the animations and cost it will probably be pretty high.

I'm thinking matches in this game are gonna be super quick.
    http://www.fenixware.net/fab - The Fight-A-Base
    ·
  • Reason4UReason4U Joined: Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Phil Lamaar voices Aquaman!!! Young Justice lives through Injustice (Phil voiced AQ in YJ also) hell yes! Samurai Jack in the fucking HOUSE!!!

"I am the King of the Atlantis, and I answer to NO ONE!" Geoff Johns just creamed himself somewhere.

Awesome trailer and reveal, I love how they incorporated his Magic into his attacks and going from Atlantis style magic into trident attack will look SO GOOD in motion.
    Post edited by Reason4U on
    You ain't SHIT Wesker!!! - Dormmammu
    MK9-Sub Zero, Sonya VF-Goh, Brad Tekken-Lee, Hwo,Paul,Leo
    SFxT-Cody/Poison
    Skullgirls-Peacock,Cerabella,Painwheel TTT2- Lee/Hwo, Paul/Leo, JC/Steve
    ·
  • C-SwordC-Sword Joined: Posts: 363 ✭✭✭
    Man, Boon is trolling like crazy

http://noob.com

The ones found so far are:

8, 76, 514

Have fun!

·
  • d3vd3v The Grumpy Machine. Joined: Posts: 26,343 mod
    edited February 2013
    Kavitee wrote: »
    Not sure what's goofier about that, Joker's hair or Catwoman's face.
    Also pick up the new issue of injustice, it's adorable
    Speaking of the Ol' Harley, Test Your Might got speical concept art for her and bane's alts
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.562383643772513.131685.162079690469579&type=1
    We got sent those by NRS as well, high res ones to boot. Should be on the front page soon.
    Infantowl wrote: »
    I like that Harley Alt. Some what Arkham City
    Yes, both have an Arkham vibe to them, right down to Bane wearing ripped orange prison overalls.
    Post edited by d3v on
    For me, SF4 got fighting games backward - combos are supposed to be easy and reversals are supposed to be hard.
    -Mike_Z

·
    C-Sword wrote: »

8, 76, 514

Have fun!

Is that Giganta, Ra's al Ghul, and......Robin? Who the hell is she fighting? Great catch!
    SFxT-Cody/Poison
    ·
  • InfantowlInfantowl Injustice Hype Train Joined: Posts: 577
    C-Sword wrote: »

8, 76, 514

Have fun!

I cant make out who those people are except for 76 looks to like Dr Fate?
    ·
  • Lord GodfreyLord Godfrey Joined: Posts: 215 ✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Its Giganta and Atom smasher, they both have growing powers.

There is no way there playable, not with that power set, probably just a stage transition similar to Killer Croc, Riddler, Two face, and Penguin.
    Post edited by Lord Godfrey on
    ·
  • MendisMendis Joined: Posts: 264
    Infantowl wrote: »
    I cant make out who those people are except for 76 looks to like Dr Fate?

Picture 8 is Giganta VS Atom-Smasher.
    Picture 514 is probably either Aquamans trident. Maybe Ocean Master is in it and holding it.

Picture 76 is tricky. Hard to judge, but it shouldn't be Dr Fate since he doesn't wear black and blurrying an alternate costume would be kinda weird.
    It would be Ocean Master, since he was gold / black now and then. I'm judging by the helmet.
    ·
    I think picture 76 might be Gorilla Grodd.
    ·
    edited February 2013
    aquamantrail3_zps5927b03e.gif Got this from Test Your Might. That site is like my homepage.

Yeah that makes sense. I never payed much attention to Atomsmash in the comics so I never had a shot at guessing him. Would love to see Giganta in a game playable at some point.

I think you could fight her in DC Universe....
    Post edited by Reason4U on
    SFxT-Cody/Poison
    ·
    Aquaman looks as awesome as I was expecting. His costume is cool too. I'm so hype for him right now!
    Party Robot!!
    Now my head can spin. I'll be around for a million years, so let the party begin.
    That shit had me in stitches. Nigga went for all these flashy set-ups and doom was like hold these boots.
    ·
    So here are my plans for when the game drops:
    -Play with Shazam
    -Play with Aquaman
    -Mess around with Flash
    -Play with Aquaman again
    jak d ripr:"Although this has to be the first time someone has "liked" my post only to completely disagree with it, that s**t caught me off guard."
    ·
  • Swedish ChefSwedish Chef STEEL THY BUTT! Joined: Posts: 6,567 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is the character in number 76 Ares perhaps?
    TAKING YOU PUNKS DOWN!!!
    ^Bubbleberry_VII you are so godlike for making this.
    ·
    Looks almost like Grodd, but it's too skinny
    ·
  • NekoMicNekoMic Neko Punch! Joined: Posts: 386 ✭✭
    Not sure if anyone has posted this yet the pre-order from amazon.de
    BlackestNight_Zombie.jpg
    BlackestNightBatman_Skin_Zombie.jpg
    ·
    That's the version I'll be getting :-)
    50 Euros from Amazon.de ... I could pre-order the Red Son version from an electronics store here in Germany, but that would cost me additional 15 Euros. Nooooo need! The 20 bonus missions are probably not that crucial.
    ·
    Guess who preordred this game with red son dlc,new 52 dlc and the arcade stick?
    This guy right here!!!!
    ·
  • The QuestionThe Question Pitched Battles, here we go. Joined: Posts: 487 ✭✭✭
    Aquaman reveal is awesome finally the king get the animation face time he deserves in the manner that any Aquaman fan knows how the king really is, and not that SuperFriends nonsense. I honestly can't think of anything anybetter character reveal wise. I hope the emperor aquaman costume happens for DLC but I got the two I wanted in the game and everything looks good. The Question would be cool but the new version is kinda wierd so far so he might not be a good idea. Cameo would be awesome in story mode. Maybe Vic Sage as the evening news cast?
    ·
    edited February 2013
    http://noob.com/ this site updated, but the images are broken
    2 gets a "Not even close!" and 7 goes to the next set of numbers

Edit: images seem to work again, got the giganta vs atom smasher stage picture again for 7 now
    43 gave me based grodd

and it changed again, I'm too lazy for this
    ·
  • DeadsiderDeadsider Rakes, my arch enemy. Joined: Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭
    00000966.png
    ·
  • YunaYuna The Artist Formerly Known as Lobelia Joined: Posts: 7,399
    That's pretty much how I see it happening.
    PlayStation Network: Shienne-Lindelle
    I'm an online scrub who lost the faith. Now I just play MMOs.
    ·
    Battle arena matches are up.
    Lex and Shazam look crazy fun.
    ·
  • lightskintwinlightskintwin Black Militant Racist Joined: Posts: 228 ✭✭✭

·
    edited February 2013
    Double Post

Please Delete
    Post edited by lightskintwin on
    ·
    edited February 2013
    Triple Post

Please Delete
    ·
    edited February 2013
    Quadruple Post

Please Delete
    ·
  • McTeaseMcTease Nay Joined: Posts: 404 ✭✭✭
    The Joker not talking shit while fighting rubs me the wrong way.
    Don't say my car's topless, say the titties is out.
    ·
    edited February 2013
    looks like the http://noob.com/ thing got solved, for now
    http://testyourmight.com/threads/noob-com-updated-and-reset-with-more-clues.27846/page-10
    4, 91, 712, 5626 and 76181
    cute joke with the last one
    ·
  • itsOneOitsOneO Joined: Posts: 244 ✭✭
    "You're Fired" - Joker

I might main him just for that win pose.
    The King of Pennsylvania Ave
    Watch My Animated Series "The Yard" !!
    ·
  • Guile'DGuile'D SRK is truly Outrageous. Joined: Posts: 510
    Huge assumptions made solely from those videos alone incoming: Joker might play like Platinum The Trinity(you all imagined Joker cosplaying as her/him/lolidontfuckingknow just now). I see a lot of weapon switching with the dude. Lex Luthor hyper armor is godly, gonna be a pain to keep the dude out. Shazam has a weak super, its like a shorter version of Supermans or something. Dude still looks godlike tho, GERMAN SUPLEX COMBOS GET HYPE.
    PSN: Cage-Redfield
    SFxT: Rolento/Ogre, Sakura/Ogre Working on: Poison, Xiaoyu, maybe Abel
    P4A: Chie Satonaka, Shadow Labrys
    ·
    Guile'D wrote: »
    Huge assumptions made solely from those videos alone incoming: Joker might play like Platinum The Trinity(you all imagined Joker cosplaying as her/him/lolidontfuckingknow just now). I see a lot of weapon switching with the dude. Lex Luthor hyper armor is godly, gonna be a pain to keep the dude out. Shazam has a weak super, its like a shorter version of Supermans or something. Dude still looks godlike tho, GERMAN SUPLEX COMBOS GET HYPE.

I dunno bro, Joker reminds me more of Frank West than Plat. Harley seems more like Plat if you ask me, her Trait is randomly generated items she can pull out to help her.

Or maybe it's more like Faust... ehh I dunno.
    Party Robot!!
    ·
  • MOB712MOB712 Joined: Posts: 809 ✭✭✭
    I fucking love the Joker's stance.
    ·
  • GespenstRitterGespenstRitter The Power of Science Joined: Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This game has some of the widest stages ever seen in a 2D fighter, and most characters have a decent amount of moves that knocks the opponent back a full screen away or close to it.

So why is it that movement is largely restricted to these dinky little dashes and awkward jump arcs that barely go any horizontal distance?
    BB: Λ-11, μ-12, ν-13 | P4A: Akihiko, Yu | TvC: Tekkaman Blade/Ryu | Project M: Lucas, Lucario | SSB4: Shulk, Mii Gunner
    ·
  • jak d riprjak d ripr Joined: Posts: 7,351 ✭✭✭
    Damn, was hoping shazam would win but doesn't really matter since whoever won that contest was gonna lose to the joker in the second round anyway. Oh well, nice display of gameplay, they all look unique and more importantly in character. The joker really looked like the joker in that match vs lex, I was worried his attacks wouldn't look believable(have him looking like too good of a fighter) but Im happy with how netherrealm handled him.

Can't wait for next weeks fight, superman vs Im not sure, when I think of vile villain I think of the joker but he's on the otherside of the bracket.
    ·
  • HD-ManHD-Man Big Apple 3 A.M Joined: Posts: 8,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shazam's super was WEAK.

"I wake up and piss excellence"
    ·

Wow looks like people know who I am at Eventhubs!

THings to note about shazam:

-His super sucks

-Looks like he charges lightning for attacks.Must be his trait.

·
  • NekoMicNekoMic Neko Punch! Joined: Posts: 386 ✭✭
    edited February 2013
    itsOneO said:
    "You're Fired" - Joker

I might main him just for that win pose.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwEuCxOT2O0
    Post edited by NekoMic on
    ·
  • HumblerbeeHumblerbee Lurkin' like a mofo Joined: Posts: 111
    Flash: Flash seems p. solid all around, good combos, good speed, I'll mention a few things that stood out to me. It looks like his heavy wallbound attack is a homage to the infamous Tatsumaki Senpukyaku he threw one out at 1:26 & 2:10. I noticed he has a dodge, as seen at 0:56 & 1:17- though he only dodges a projectile at 1:17, I think he did it at 0:56 because it would dodge normal attacks as well. Out of his run he can do a quick headbutt, as seen at 0:24 1:01 & 1:05, a jumping ground pound punch, as seen at 0:26, and a slide kick, as seen at 0:34. I think the jump punch is an overhead and the slide kick a low so that you have to react accordingly to block. Unless he has cancels out of the run, or more options we haven't seen like a grab out of it, I think it looks pretty easy to defend just by blocking low and reacting to the slower jumping overhead. Still, he looks like a fun fast character and I think his trait that lets him slow down time has depth and it will be really interesting to see what comes from it.

Shazam: Shazam seems good as well. Pretty good mobility with his lightning style Psycho Crusher as seen at 0:27 0:36 & 0:49, as well as a command dash/teleport as seen at 0:25 0:44 & 2:04. I'm pretty sure his trait is when he electrifies his hands, he gains access to grapple combo extenders, where most of his moves now chain into grapple followups, even his lightning dash as seen at 0:37. He's got a projectile in his hurled lightning, which he can combo into as seen at 0:47. If he has his mojo going, getting hit looks like a world of hurt, and he seems like he's a well rounded character.

Joker: Joker looks really slick and well done, decent combos, nice projectiles. He's got a projectile little acid spray from his flower lapel at 0:22, a projectile canister of presumably Joker gas that he kicks along the ground at 0:44, and again at 2:12. He pulls out a gun at 0:51 but then cancels the stance, fires the gun at 1:08 which seems to cause quite a bit of stagger, and cancels into firing the gun very quickly at 2:12 after kicking the gas canister along the ground. He pitches a canister of gas at a fairly straight head level trajectory at 1:35. I can't tell because of the angle and point blank range but at 1:53 he spins with a gas canister at waist height which rebounds off of the enemy and explodes on the floor nearby identically to how the other two have done, and it would make sense that he has a high medium and low version. I'm not sure what his trait is, if I had to guess I would posit it could be the gun, but I really have no idea. I really like the way he fights though, he just looks good doing it, his combos with the knife or crowbar look great and I like that he has several projectile options.

Lex Luthor: Man he's got a lot of cool gadgets and tricks up his sleeve. He can vacuum opponents in from across the screen or right out of a combo causing a restand as seen at 0:28 0:45 & 1:57 . He pulls out a thin, pipelike gun and fires a quick laser projectile at 0:31 & 1:16. He throws a small floating turret which locks on and fires a laser at the Joker a second later then disappears at 0:51. At 1:16 it's difficult to see but he quickly pitches something flying past the Joker, which I believe was a mine as we saw later in the video, when he throws one directly behind Joker and it electrocutes him in place at 1:46. He engages a purple energy shield that blocks projectiles at 1:37 & 2:12. We see him call down a missile strike that locks onto Joker's position with a barrage of missiles at 1:50. Overall Luthor seems to be a character who controls space well and has a variety of tools to help him zone his opponent and control their movement, which is good because it looks like his dash isn't as good as most.
    ·
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird New and Improved Joined: Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Videos were awesome. I'm impressed with how the environmental hazards were incorporated into the combos on display. Luthor ain't pure to be using a spirit bomb
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    ·