SF x Tekken PC update?

Comments

• SimSimIVSimSimIV 2nd. in command of the SFxT Defense Force Joined: Posts: 1,242 ✭✭
    I have to admit that I couldn't tell much difference either. If anything: White bars didn't tp, and the matches that did tp seemed a little more manageable.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    Simsimiv: Little known fact: Tatsu shaved his head for SFxT
    Shaniril: I thought he shaved his head for the children
    Tatsunical: for the sfxt playing children
    Tatsunical: the children that play marvel can go f**k themselves
    ·
  • NorieagaNorieaga FADC x ROFLCOPTER Joined: Posts: 3,931 ✭✭✭✭
    So, I have this game on Steam. How do I install the skin mods? Help! :)
    ·
  • SchuhuSchuhu :xoxo:? Joined: Posts: 192

Find your installation directory; then localize the character files (for me it's Streetfighter X Tekken\stream\CMN\battle\chara), replace the data of your skin in the right character folder (Backup recommended btw.) and you're good to go.
    You maybe have to rename the number in the files to change which skin you'll replace (I think 1 is the original one, 2 is the swtich costume and 3 is the alternate one)
    ·
  • MutualFeelingMutualFeeling Joined: Posts: 2
    Quick question regarding the unlock character dlc part.

I have all the characters unlocked due tue a const.lua file that could have been used before the patch went official, I can play with all the characters, but my main question is, once I go online, will I be banned or some weird sh*t?
    ·
  • ReanRean Freebuki Joined: Posts: 606
    tried all dlc chars, meh. didnt enjoy a single one.
    cammy/nina forever.

its unlikely that you'll get banned. no kind of detection and gfwl doesnt give a fuck about anything. they dont even ban ppl that have 100k bp.
    There is no such thing as innocence,only degrees of guilt.
    ·
  • MutualFeelingMutualFeeling Joined: Posts: 2
    its unlikely that you'll get banned. no kind of detection and gfwl doesnt give a fuck about anything. they dont even ban ppl that have 100k bp.

People used this even before the 1.06 patch was released officially, thats why I'm asking if there is any harm , thanks for the reply ^^
    ·
    warps are still there definitely.
    ·
    warps are still there definitely.

Yop
    ·
    who wants to bet for how long this burst of interest from patch/dlc gonna last?
    i give it 1 week.
    ·
  • TiyuriTiyuri Joined: Posts: 55
    10 minutes here. DLC for a game I can't play, no thanks
    ·
  • SUPARNOVAXSUPARNOVAX 必殺技 Joined: Posts: 5,290 ✭✭
    I'm playing some dudes from Europe flag on PC, yellow connection, no drops so far.

EbVG6tU.jpg
    "Defeat is a state of mind. No one is ever defeated until defeat has been accepted as reality. To me, defeat in anything is merely temporary, and its punishment is but an urge for me to greater effort to achieve my goal. Defeat simply tells me that something is wrong in my doing; it is a path leading to success and truth." ~ Bruce Lee
    ·
  • AquasharkAquashark Mekong Delta AirRaid Joined: Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭
    it's playable now with a guy i had a lot of teleports.. hopefully it wasn't just a lucky break
    it ain't placebo either, since it used to be unplayable

i notice that we had some teleport issues on Pandora's Box.. with Urban War Zone and Training Mode it was OK
    hello friends, my name is Drago Umeharevich from CrossCounter Balkans
    ·
    Strange stuff, after more games I can definitly tell that it's not perfect;

Sometimes at the beginning of the round my fps drop to exact 30, if you alt+tab in and out its 60 again. lolwut
    ·
  • HeroxootHeroxoot Title goes here? Joined: Posts: 266
    I have no FPS drops, just horribly bad teleporting. I cannot play online with the teleport lag at all.
    ·
  • OZleonOZleon god press Joined: Posts: 513 ✭✭✭
    Hit me up on steam:eek:. TheShadyBeard is my steam name.
    play unib
    ·
    just lost to teleporting zangief.
    oh well, screw this.
    ·
    I played one round yesterday and the lag was unbearable. Is a 12mb/s DL and 1mb/s UL enough to play this? I can upgrade my connection if needed, its the school connection here.
    ·
    its not connection fault, its netcode fault
    ·
    it's a weird combination of factors
    - connection & netcode (very sensible to jitter/packet loss)
    - PC performance (very sensible to background programs)

i recommend lowering the graphical settings and playing stages without transitions (Urban War Zone or Training Stage)

the teleports don't have a clear pattern. for example i can play some guys from Norway and it's almost FLAWLESS (it's not even a full bar connection), while i was struggling with local players with whom i had substantially better connections.

turns out some of them were running the game at unreasonable graphical settings making the framerate to drop and create teleports (even though the game runs fine offline, the netcode is more CPU intensive when calculating game states online).. or running background programs that consume resources otherwise allocated to the game.
    ·
    I see. What kind of programs should I be shutting down while running the game, then? I have the game running on max so far, what options can I tweak? Thanks for all the help.
    ·
    i have 60fps all the time and still get warps and teleports.
    it doesnt help if your opponent has crap pc.
    ·
  • Shooting Star RockmanShooting Star Rockman Jaded Joined: Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭
    Online experience hasn't changed much. I tried both on a full bar and a red signal player and the gameplay acted as they should be: input delay for the red connection while seamless play for the full bar one. I still can't find that many players. :(

I was also quite stoked when I saw that cute 1.06 label down there at the replay. :D
    ·
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 Legend of Snivy Joined: Posts: 8,673 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One thing that I noticed helps with you or your opponent's lag somewhat is turning Vsync off in the graphics settings. If you have Vsync on, you're fps in the benchmark will never go over 60. With Vsync off, it will, and the higher the fps you can get in the benchmark, the better the online should work.

You do get that somewhat annoying screen tear with this, but I think it's worth it for a smoother online experience.

Granted, this probably won't work if your opponent doesn't do this, since if your opponent gets crap fps and/or has crap internet it won't matter. :bluu:

You'd think that they'd include some option for allowing for variable frame-rates whether or not Vsync is on, like in AE PC...or rather, fixed frame-rates.
    PSN/XBL/Steam/NNID: LordWilliam1234
    SF x TK: Cody/Heihachi, Ken/Lars
    Smash 4: Link
    ·
    You do get that somewhat annoying screen tear with this, but I think it's worth it for a smoother online experience.
    force vsync+triple buffering in d3doverrider. this eliminates the tearing and doesnt add any input lag
    ·
  • DeadscaleDeadscale Joined: Posts: 32
    Online the game only runs at 60fps anyway, so It's not much of a difference...

On a more annoyed note, I can't download any of the new DLC (I.E colours etc.) Is it just me? or are they making us wait again...
    GFWL : LittlePunPT
    ·
    Online the game only runs at 60fps anyway, so It's not much of a difference...

On a more annoyed note, I can't download any of the new DLC (I.E colours etc.) Is it just me? or are they making us wait again...

Yeah, they're making us wait for the DLC for some reason. Hopefully it'll be up by tomorrow...or at least before the 29th...which is only 3 days away...:(
    ·
    my 35 wn streak was ended by warping law :(
    ·
  • Evil-Bart2k11Evil-Bart2k11 Bring home the bacon! Joined: Posts: 239
    Yeah, they're making us wait for the DLC for some reason. Hopefully it'll be up by tomorrow...or at least before the 29th...which is only 3 days away...:(

I'm worried we may have to wait longer for them as PC is usually behind in updates, but I hope you're right. All them sexy colours, come to my PC plz! :(
    "That was Deadpoolicious, in case you're wondering, that's my new word for awesomeness."
    SSF4AE - Honda/Akuma l UMvC3 - Super-Skrull/Frank West/Akuma/Deadpool l IJ:GAU - Deathstroke
    SFA3 - Honda/Akuma l SFxT - Akuma/King/Hwoarang/Xiaoyu/Pac-Man l SSBM - Dr. Mario/Mario
    STHDR - Honda l SSB4 - Mario/Dr. Mario/Pac-Man/Wario/Sonic/Greninja l SFA2 - Akuma
    ·
    If I use a mod will my opponent online see it? I'd like nothing more than to face people with neon Balrog in a thong.
    ·
    If I use a mod will my opponent online see it? I'd like nothing more than to face people with neon Balrog in a thong.

No, if you use a mod the opponent won't see it, unfortunately.
    ·
    No, if you use a mod the opponent won't see it, unfortunately.
    i say fortunately. could be abused and exploited to death.
    ·
  • Sp00kyFoxSp00kyFox Joined: Posts: 258
    hmm seems the problem with scramble and team battles are still unsolved. really great :/
    ·
  • hauauhauau from the cold Joined: Posts: 25
    I doubt that PC-specific bugs will ever be fixed. AFAIK Capcom has never acknowledged their existence at all.
    ·
    hmm seems the problem with scramble and team battles are still unsolved. really great :/
    what issues? i haven't played those modes online
    ·
    what issues? i haven't played those modes online
    never mind, see the pc sunday thread for the solution and the issue.
    ·
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird Put a smile on that face Joined: Posts: 13,770 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Given the support Capcom has given the PC port I should expect the 2013 update to come by late August at the earliest. That's being kind
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    ·
  • rokninroknin Keeps Trying Joined: Posts: 4,615 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty much.

Ah well, at least in the near future I can use the PC version for training purposes or for the odd trip out of town when Im nowhere near my console. Finally put my Windows partition on the new HDD after the failure of the last drive... now for the terrible pain if installing sfxt again. 6 hour download via steam. O___O

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    ~ aka "ninRok" ~
    SFxT - Juri x Cammy/ Julia x Law | Smash - Robin / ZSS / ROB
    youtube | soundcloud | tumblr
    ·
    Given the support Capcom has given the PC port I should expect the 2013 update to come by late August at the earliest. That's being kind

At least the patch is still released on 2013. :D

I wonder what will be Capcom's plans for the DLC? So far all the gems in the PC are free...

Now all I have to do is to look for a place to buy MS Points. :coffee:
    ·
  • TekkenizamTekkenizam Joined: Posts: 31
    netplay still is not fixed, maybe it has gotten worse ...
    ·
    Ok, so want to see what others think: is my connection good enough to play this game (12mb down, 1mb up)? I ask because I want to determine if its my connection that sucks or just the netcode in general? If I'm convinced its my connection then I'd be willing to drop 55 pounds on a speed boost. Otherwise...

I mean, I played ONE match online and it was awful. Haven't touched it since. If anyone from the UK is willing to try playing online with me, let me know. Just quote this or PM me.
    ·
  • SimSimIVSimSimIV 2nd. in command of the SFxT Defense Force Joined: Posts: 1,242 ✭✭
    I just have to add that I do get a lot of great matches playing on PC, to the point that it matches xbox gameplay for me. The trade off is those tp lag matches that do come once in a while, but not too often.

I am playing russians, french guys and even americans from Norway, and I get good connections. I am using an ok good laptop, but not a gamer laptop. My internet is probably good (40/40+ at least) but when I use wireless I can't tell.any differense in match quality. I can't understand why there are so many people having such a bad experience with pc sfxt.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    ·
  • hauauhauau from the cold Joined: Posts: 25
    I can't understand why there are so many people having such a bad experience with pc sfxt.
    It's quite simple. If you can't see teleports it means that you are the one who's warping around.
    ·
    It's quite simple. If you can't see teleports it means that you are the one who's warping around.

Actually, I do talk with some of the people I play, and they are not having that problem.
    ·
    Ok, so want to see what others think: is my connection good enough to play this game (12mb down, 1mb up)? I ask because I want to determine if its my connection that sucks or just the netcode in general? If I'm convinced its my connection then I'd be willing to drop 55 pounds on a speed boost. Otherwise...
    your download or upload speed really doesn't matter. it's the ping to your opponent which is crucial. and yeah.. the netcode of sfxt got some serious issues. well at least I had some decent matches since the release of the patch. but don't expect to play lagfree with people from other continents.
    just keep it in europe.
    I mean, I played ONE match online and it was awful. Haven't touched it since. If anyone from the UK is willing to try playing online with me, let me know. Just quote this or PM me.
    well not from the UK but from Germany, just add me in gfwl or steam. it's the same nick.
    ·
  • SUPARNOVAXSUPARNOVAX 必殺技 Joined: Posts: 5,290 ✭✭
    The PC warps aren't as frequent for sure but they are still there. Just had two but it's only after like thirty good games. It could very well be a graphic settings issue that isn't syncing up.
    "Defeat is a state of mind. No one is ever defeated until defeat has been accepted as reality. To me, defeat in anything is merely temporary, and its punishment is but an urge for me to greater effort to achieve my goal. Defeat simply tells me that something is wrong in my doing; it is a path leading to success and truth." ~ Bruce Lee
    ·
    Played against an orange player who I got a laggy match pre-1.06. Now it's a bit much better in my end, but I can't say the same on his as it appears that he seems to be having a hard time blocking me.
    ·
    Played against an orange player who I got a laggy match pre-1.06. Now it's a bit much better in my end, but I can't say the same on his as it appears that he seems to be having a hard time blocking me.
    we just played an hour long set of games with Fivz. He is from US, i am from Russia. it was 2 bar connection. was playable for both of us.
    this netcode is totally weird.
    ·
  • www_zeeshan_dewww_zeeshan_de Joined: Posts: 63
    I did buy the DLC package, but its impossible to get it work. All i get is a 0x800B0100 Error:
    (0x800B0100, TRUST_E_NOSIGNATURE,Es war keine Signatur im Antragsteller vorhanden)

all i can find about this error is
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947821/de#appliesto

I just downloaded this 367 MB for my OS, now i will install it to see if it works afterwards. By the way, there are no updates in windows-updates for my OS (it means my system is up-to-date atm).

Anyone else have the 0x800B0100 Error after buying and installing the DLC package ?
    ·
  • www_zeeshan_dewww_zeeshan_de Joined: Posts: 63
    Well the 367 MB (KB947821 for my OS) did not help. Rebooting the PC also did not help. The error is still there...

Installation des Inhalts fehlgeschlagen. Falls der erneute Versuch fehlschlägt, löschen Sie den Inhalt und laden Sie ihn erneut herunter.
    Code: 800B0100

Deleting the DLC and re-downloading also did not help at all.

Es war keine Signatur im Antragsteller vorhanden. (Ausnahme von HRESULT: 0x800B0100)

All i can do is to open a log file "setupexe.log".

###########
    Logging Started: 01/28/2013 19:05:43
    Source Folder: C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\U1VZ0GB8
    OS v6.1 Service Pack 1 (build 7601) 64 bit
    OS Product Type: 0x00000003
    User Default LCID: 0x0407
    Command Line: "C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\U1VZ0GB8\gfwlivesetup_%DLCID%.exe"
    (19:05:43) Direct DL: 0
    (19:05:43) DL Recent: 0
    (19:05:43) Offer ID: %DLCID%
    (19:05:43) Initialized
    (19:05:43) Download folder C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\GFWLive\Downloads
    (19:05:43) Downloading version file to C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\GFWLive\Downloads\gfwlivesetup_4461.ver
    (19:05:43) Resources initialized
    (19:05:44) Download Status: go.microsoft.com
    (19:05:44) Download Status: 64.4.11.25
    (19:05:45) Download Status: http://download.gfwl.xboxlive.com/content/gfwl-public/redists/production/gfwlivesetup.txt
    (19:05:45) Download Status: download.gfwl.xboxlive.com
    (19:05:45) Download Status: 109.193.192.139
    (19:05:45) Download Status: text/plain
    (19:05:45) Download Status: http://download.gfwl.xboxlive.com/content/gfwl-public/redists/production/gfwlivesetup.txt
    (19:05:45) Download Status: C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\ZQQ31ISH\gfwlivesetup[1].txt
    (19:05:45) Current version: 3.5.0089.0 (WGX_XLIVE_V3.05_RTM(panblder).110411-1052)
    (19:05:45) Latest version: 3.5.0089.0
    (19:05:52) Exit code: 0x00000000
    ###########
    ·
  • NoKushWaveNoKushWave Ehh Joined: Posts: 83
    played a few matches with no teleporting. i did have one match with rollback issues but that was just towards the end of the match.

Seems people are starting to pick this game up again as most of the people i played were from the same location as me usually that's not the case
    ·