SF x Tekken PC update?

TekkenizamTekkenizam Joined: Posts: 31
Does anyone know when this will come out? Or i'm screwed with the pc version?

Comments

• SerrisSerris ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Joined: Posts: 367
    Does anyone know when this will come out? Or i'm screwed with the pc version?

The only date given for a patch on any platform was June 14th, so we'll likely be stuck waiting another nine days.
    Steam | YouTube | PlayStation Network ID: Herple-Derples
  • TekkenizamTekkenizam Joined: Posts: 31
    will that be the full patch that consoles have?
  • SerrisSerris ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Joined: Posts: 367
    will that be the full patch that consoles have?

I believe it was either Sven or Seth that said they hoped the Rolento glitch didn't make its way into the PC patch, which sort of implies we'll be getting 1.04 at the least. No one can definitively say whether the PC is getting 1.05 or not, because Capcom never clarified it.

</thread>
    Steam | YouTube | PlayStation Network ID: Herple-Derples
  • SwithinSwithin Joined: Posts: 22
    There's a little more info out there. Last Friday Sven mentioned that updates were submitted to the GFWL team, and once those go through cert (which takes about a week) they'd then go through the different channels they need to go through to be distributed to users through Steam/GFWL (which should take a few days.) The eta was "a week and a couple days", so unless something went wrong, according to Sven the patch should be going live any moment now (not holding my breath, though, because things can go wrong sometimes.)
  • YuriwaYuriwa I've got time. You up for a rematch? Joined: Posts: 71
    There's a little more info out there. Last Friday Sven mentioned that updates were submitted to the GFWL team, and once those go through cert (which takes about a week) they'd then go through the different channels they need to go through to be distributed to users through Steam/GFWL (which should take a few days.) The eta was "a week and a couple days", so unless something went wrong, according to Sven the patch should be going live any moment now (not holding my breath, though, because things can go wrong sometimes.)
    This.

But less patient.
  • ReanRean Freebuki Joined: Posts: 606
    PC is pretty much dead already, i play with same people all over again.
    finding a match takes 10min+
    if patch doesnt fix teleporting, its a nail in its coffin
    There is no such thing as innocence,only degrees of guilt.
    PC is pretty much dead already, i play with same people all over again.
    finding a match takes 10min+
    if patch doesnt fix teleporting, its a nail in its coffin

I play almost every day, for as long as I can stand the lag/search durations. I think the game is really fun so that helps my motivation in trying to find people to play it.
    Ideally I play endless matches but it's hard to find endless lobbies even with the most lenient search settings, so I play ranked instead at the risk of losing BP due to lag shenanigans. You can find ranked matches in less than a minute throughout most of the day it seems, even though I can't say they're always under perfect circumstances. When I encounter people that are about the same skill level as my own and don't lag very much I add them to friends so that I can invite them to a lobby later on.
    The patch is coming, and that's good, but it's going to take some work to keep playing this game. Like, community building kind of work.
    i have 10k bp, thats why i mention that i play with same people all over again.
    most of ppl just kick and avoid me.
    endless is just empty.
    if you check leaderboards, 3000-15000 bp range consists of like 300 ppl. after a month post release thats just pathetic
  • StegSteg I'm gay Joined: Posts: 95
    That is pretty much to do with the fact that at least two thirds of the people who bought it just can't be bothered putting up with how horrible it is to play online at the moment. I am certain that as soon as this patch is released and online becomes more stable, then people will come back. I myself love the game but avoid playing online for those reasons, and just waste my time in single player modes.

Of course, that is just a guess. If it doesn't start to pick up once the patch is released then I will just try and make some friends who are on the same skill-level as me and just play endless lobbies. And failing that, I'll just go back to playing some other shitty game.
    I have encountered a few people with 12k and even 15k BP iirc. I myself have 3k and I mostly farmed that off of scrubs. Not intentionally-- I just can't consistently find good lag-free players. Which leads me to wonder how anyone can find enough opponents to reach 10k+. And when I do encounter those 10k+ players I feel like there's no way I could have gained the match-up experience by now to play them properly. I figure they formerly played on console or they just have great FG fundamentals (perhaps from sf4).

The only reason I put up with the current state of the game is because I am pretty eager to play. I can imagine there are plenty of people holding out for the (a?) patch.
    you beat teleporters by spamming LMH-launcher (the only reliable source of damage in lags) and abusing cross-ups to death.
  • Sp00kyFoxSp00kyFox Joined: Posts: 256
    That is pretty much to do with the fact that at least two thirds of the people who bought it just can't be bothered putting up with how horrible it is to play online at the moment.
    That's at least for me the case. Only put a few hours in tutorial and trial mode after the release and wating since for a patch so I can finally start playing online. I actually went back to AE in this time. So yeah.. most pc people are probably waiting.
  • LarthyLarthy Kissed by a goddess Joined: Posts: 371 ✭✭
    Mhm, I wanted to wait as well, at first, but if there was but a single dude, that'd stop playing altogether because of how abysmal the online situation is right now, I'd feel partially responsible.

So I try to play from time to time (as much as my sanity allows me to). Also, SFxT is the only game so far that has Poison playable. I'm not about to miss the chance to have some fun with her online.

Y'all waiting for the fix, you better be there when it's patched. =)

• rokninroknin Keeps Trying Joined: Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play when I can but I'm primarily on 360. >_>

That said, I'll try to get on more as well, likely on weekends before my sketch sessions.
    Living Lazy since the late 80's
    SFxT Mains - Cammy x Elena x Juri
    SFxT fun times - Nina, Julia, Law, Lili, Poison, Marduk. Learning Chun, Lars and Alisa currently
    youtube | soundcloud | dA
    3DS: 1375 -7203 - 0933
    i get u ppl, we all wait for the online fix, dont need balance, gimme lag free game, thats all for now ... not that i would fix some balance issue ;)
    if u like, add me for endless game, i'm almost always online
    cheers
  • rareburgerrareburger Joined: Posts: 165
    i only use the PC version for training/portability, there really is no downside to the cracked version as GFWL seems to unplayable at the moment anyway, maybe if they fix the online component i'll buy a copy, until then it's not worth the money.
  • EllipsenEllipsen SFxTPC + AEPC Joined: Posts: 1,906
    I have encountered a few people with 12k and even 15k BP iirc. I myself have 3k and I mostly farmed that off of scrubs. Not intentionally-- I just can't consistently find good lag-free players. Which leads me to wonder how anyone can find enough opponents to reach 10k+. And when I do encounter those 10k+ players I feel like there's no way I could have gained the match-up experience by now to play them properly. I figure they formerly played on console or they just have great FG fundamentals (perhaps from sf4).

The only reason I put up with the current state of the game is because I am pretty eager to play. I can imagine there are plenty of people holding out for the (a?) patch.

True, I find matches in ranked for hours - sometimes a minute or 2 btwn matches, but hey I have my PC right there anyway :P - usually after 8 or 9 pm eastern time, and some are really strong high BP, others are leveling up and I can see them getting better each time I play, pretty cool watching people(myself included) develop into better players slowly.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • DJukorDJukor Joined: Posts: 10
    Id be horribly pissed if the patch only ads DLC costumes and no online fix.
    Frankly I'd have expected it to hit by now. It could have hit last week in theory, and now we're the next week Thursday. Getting dangerously close to the weekend again. I guess when it does hit it'll be morning in the US, time-wise?
    i'd say that the game will be 90% dead on PC if online isnt fixed in upcoming patch.
    inbefore capcom says "PC pirates are ass, sales are awful" and wont port anything to PC ever again.
  • Maverick Hunter XMaverick Hunter X Great risks, as well as endless possibilities Joined: Posts: 602
    Why don't they cross-platform the PC version of the game with the X-Box Live players? They should have done that from the very start. More opponents = More fun.
    I don't know, but it seems like when something is possible, but optional, it's always excluded. For example, they could have released the pc version with this patch we're all waiting for included.
  • SUPARNOVAXSUPARNOVAX Based Nana Joined: Posts: 5,229
    Things don't get green lit until it works on consoles first. The devs do that on purpose.

I think Rolento glitch shows how random bugs can be and they will probably want to smooth things out for higher quality first.

Don't think that because pc version gets things late because it's low priority. It isn't IMO. I'm pretty grateful it's even on pc in the first place.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    My FG mains: Bruce Lee clones and Hot Blondes.
    "Defeat is a state of mind. No one is ever defeated until defeat has been accepted as reality. To me, defeat in anything is merely temporary, and its punishment is but an urge for me to greater effort to achieve my goal. Defeat simply tells me that something is wrong in my doing; it is a path leading to success and truth." ~ Bruce Lee
    Don't think that because pc version gets things late because it's low priority. It isn't IMO. I'm pretty grateful it's even on pc in the first place.

thats totally the reason why PC AE2012 isnt patched to the latest version yet, even tho it was released on consoles fuck knows how many months ago
    Things don't get green lit until it works on consoles first. The devs do that on purpose.

I think Rolento glitch shows how random bugs can be and they will probably want to smooth things out for higher quality first.

Don't get me wrong, I'm "grateful" it's out on pc...even though I have the option of getting it on xbox360..., but isn't console several patches ahead of pc? I think they could have at least brought out the pc version with one of those patches. I mean, obviously they were past the testing stages.

I'm not too fussed about the Rolento bug. That kind of stuff can always happen, I figure.
    the fact that 2012 got ported to pc 4 months after console release, when 1 guy did 95% of the changes in a custom mod under a week with limited tools is freaking disgusting
  • sakuraXkarinsakuraXkarin Joined: Posts: 53
    All I want are colors. Why is that so hard for Capcom to do? I mean, hell, they're FREE, why the hell aren't they on the PC disc?
    the fact that 2012 got ported to pc 4 months after console release, when 1 guy did 95% of the changes in a custom mod under a week with limited tools is freaking disgusting
    Right because stuff can just be written up in a week tested on a wide range of PC devices and configurations, submitted for pending approval, certifications, and more crap...

Something's being worked on. It'll come whenever it does. I'm not holding my breath at this point.
    "Defeat is a state of mind. No one is ever defeated until defeat has been accepted as reality. To me, defeat in anything is merely temporary, and its punishment is but an urge for me to greater effort to achieve my goal. Defeat simply tells me that something is wrong in my doing; it is a path leading to success and truth." ~ Bruce Lee
    2012 was a balance patch, there was nothing to write and nothing to optimize.
    dont talk like you know what you are talking about, when its clear that you have absolutely no idea.
    Right because stuff can just be written up in a week tested on a wide range of PC devices and configurations, submitted for pending approval, certifications, and more crap...

Something's being worked on. It'll come whenever it does. I'm not holding my breath at this point.

Quit being a damn apologist.
    All I want are colors. Why is that so hard for Capcom to do? I mean, hell, they're FREE, why the hell aren't they on the PC disc?
    Quit being a damn apologist.
    Stop being a baby about petty things. Crying about this stuff now is not likely going to speed anything up.
    Stop being a baby about petty things. Crying about this stuff now is not likely going to speed anything up.

It's not a petty thing. It's a free part of the game that was locked away by Capcom because they're a bunch of filthy, greedy douchebags.
  • Nanaya8Nanaya8 Joined: Posts: 4
    I just want to play online. It's a basic function of the game, and it's fucking broken. I don't care about colors and shitty gems, I just want to have fun and play with my friends online.
  • GordonsBeardGordonsBeard QCF+P Bad Stoned Joined: Posts: 379
    At this point I don't even care if we get 1.04 with the shitty Rolento glitch, as it stands right now the game is 100% unplayable due to the teleports and sound issue. I can't even play with a guy in the same state as I with 3 green bars - he plays fine, my screen is just a bunch of teleporting shenanigans.

I agree with an ealier poster, if this patch doesn't fix the teleporting glitch then I can't see how the PC crowd will stick around much longer - which is sad, the game has potential - it's just being handled really poorly.
    I lag with a guy on my friends list from the same country. It's hard to find someone from the same country to begin with. And it's not exactly as big as, say, Russia.

Speaking of Russia, brb learning how to play Zangief.
  • ChocobunyChocobuny The Hell is a Safejump? Joined: Posts: 664 ✭✭✭
    Bought the game last night to play with a friend. It started off with good matches, slight lag and almost no sound but that was okay with me. But after 10+ games it had really degraded into a horrible lag fest with teleporting everywhere. Not sure why this lag just gradually crept up on us, we both checked our connection and it seemed fine. We even played AE perfectly afterwards.

Not really sure what to say. I'm not really surprised at this point after the fiasco that was the SF4AE PC launch, I'd just like a working PC port for once instead of waiting months for patches. Is it entitled to want that much?
    Dat Katy
    This is all assuming the patch will "fix" this lag issue. And the sound glitch. But I heard it did wonders for the console version.
    They said a patch was at MS for approval, but that was weeks ago, should be here by now...

My guess is that it included the game breaking rolento glitch which pushed the patch back further until that is also included/fixed.
  • Maverick Hunter XMaverick Hunter X Great risks, as well as endless possibilities Joined: Posts: 602
    How healthy is the online community for SFxT PC? I'm planning on buying an original copy so that I could play online.
    At any time you search for endless lobbies there's about a 90% chance none are up. If one is up and you happen to have a bad connection between you and the host, you're out of luck too. This is ofcourse with the most lenient search settings, so area: all etc.

You can get into ranked matched slowly during most of the day, but not always. When you get into them, it's slow, and there's always a good chance you lag. Also sometimes you don't notice any lag but they see you teleporting like crazy and they won't want to play you anymore either.

The sound disappears from the moment someone lands a hit untill the end of the match.

We're waiting for a patch that will presumably fix at least the sound and maybe some of the lag and will probably hit sometime soon. But it is unsettling to say the least that capcom released the game for pc in this state and then proceeded to go radio silent. Makes one wonder...

But I haven't given up. I go online practically every day. The game is fun and I want to play. :/
    Thanks for the answer. Oh crap. I'm eenie-meenie-miney-mooing between SSFIV:AE and this game, although I prefer SFxT more due to the fact that aside of being newer I no longer have to do motions twice to execute a super. I guess I'll have to wait a bit longer to see if there will be any progress.
  • petran79petran79 Here comes an old challenger Joined: Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭
    I stopped playing the game, waiting for the patch. almost 2/3 of online matches in same regions are unplayable. I dont want wins or losses based on teleports.
    once patch comes up I'll start training again.in the meantime I am trying out some of the amazing mods and costumes.

wait for the patch and see if it corrects some of the problems, then by all means buy it.
    not good at any, mediocre at many
    90% of the playerbase awaits patch.
    How healthy is the online community for SFxT PC? I'm planning on buying an original copy so that I could play online.

Like they said, many are awaiting the patch, but you can still find matches in ranked for hours at a time with patience.

Plus players are newer since the game is newer on PC so you wont get beat down as hard if you are just starting out online.

I usually just surf or whatever(SRK..etc..) till I see the match pop up.

But PLEASE make sure you close your browser and anything downloading in the background as soon as it does!
  • GordonsBeardGordonsBeard QCF+P Bad Stoned Joined: Posts: 379
    Thanks for the answer. Oh crap. I'm eenie-meenie-miney-mooing between SSFIV:AE and this game, although I prefer SFxT more due to the fact that aside of being newer I no longer have to do motions twice to execute a super. I guess I'll have to wait a bit longer to see if there will be any progress.
    Just so you know: there is a reason you have to input the super motion twice, it isn't just because it's "a way cooler fireball". It has to do with buffering inputs, conserving motion, easier execution, etc.
    Not that it matters a whole ton, if you're picking up either of these for a first time that kind of knowledge will be coming with hours of practice.
    you cant justify double half-circles,that shit is just dumb and annoying.
    why they just wont make 2x QCF/QCB for every ultra is beyond me
  • ChocobunyChocobuny The Hell is a Safejump? Joined: Posts: 664 ✭✭✭
    Just so you know: there is a reason you have to input the super motion twice, it isn't just because it's "a way cooler fireball". It has to do with buffering inputs, conserving motion, easier execution, etc.
    Not that it matters a whole ton, if you're picking up either of these for a first time that kind of knowledge will be coming with hours of practice.

What happened to your Street Fighter is Hard! I need it!

On topic: I am one of many people staying away from public online (Ranked/Endless with randoms) until the patch. Not saying it's going to be a huge surge of numbers, but I feel like judging the online now might be slightly inaccurate compared to after the patch, assuming it fixes the issue. But this may just be optimism. Regardless, I quite enjoy playing around in the game and thinking/experimenting with teams either online with friends or just in arcade mode.
    Dat Katy
  • MenenMenen Kunimitsu! Joined: Posts: 197

Takes about a minute to find a ranked match with all the filters off. There is never any endless battle lobbies or scramble open. If your coming from xbox you'll find it extremely easy to beat everyone. Online is miserable the sound is off and people teleport everywhere. I'd recommend getting the xbox or playstation version. The community is really big and the game runs really smooth online.

I did play the PC version today. Just playing B+'s and A's (every time they lose to me its -80 points). This french 140,000 bp player gave me around 1000 points before a mid game quit, he was so determined to win lol.

Total damage today: -3280bp
    2jc68nr.jpg