Justice League/DC movie thread

Kusanagi02Kusanagi02 Joined: Posts: 5,460
Figure I make a thread about the Justice League movie since DC is finally moving forward on it.
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Wolvie09/news/?a=61048

Comments

• RockBogartRockBogart Donkologist, Ph.D Joined: Posts: 37,111 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Figure I make a thread about the Justice League movie since DC is finally moving forward on it.
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Wolvie09/news/?a=61048

And its going to be terrible. Did you see the writer they picked?
  • PerthoPertho The Runed One Joined: Posts: 21,111 mod
    Aside from Nolan's Batman, what has been a good DC movie?

I still think DC fucked up by not having Capcom make fighting games with their characters in the 90's.
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

"Oh, Pertho. You complete me."
    jimmy1200 wrote: »
    pertho attacked me first, saying i get all my life tips from 106th and park.
  • Kusanagi02Kusanagi02 Joined: Posts: 5,460
    And its going to be terrible. Did you see the writer they picked?
    Not familiar with him. What has he done?
    Not familiar with him. What has he done?
    Not much and that's the problem.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3263825/

Hes the story editor and sometimes writer for Castle and his movie experience is very limited. Only one of the films is actually in post production. The others are just announced. If they aren't willing to put in the time to flesh individual characters out like the Avengers, the movies is going to need someone with some experience as well as talent.
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 35,234 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

I still think DC fucked up by not having Capcom make fighting games with their characters in the 90's.
    lol honestly i cant see dc characters in capcom. lol batman spamming baterangs. wonderwoman being the hulk.
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
  • snksukisnksuki Baka101 Joined: Posts: 227

It would have been nice for sure, but as someone who was never really a fan of the marvel engine I would have loved a traditional SF experience if they had handled the IP.
    Only the skilled may live -- the rest will die.
  • Alex X TizocAlex X Tizoc I don't always HP subs, but when I do, I say MUUN! Joined: Posts: 217
    I don't know how they could make it work. Wonder Woman hasn't been features, Superman is now a creep, and Nolan's Batman inhabits his own universe.

I would like to see this happen but they really need to get their shit together first.
  • PerthoPertho The Runed One Joined: Posts: 21,111 mod
    lol honestly i cant see dc characters in capcom. lol batman spamming baterangs. wonderwoman being the hulk.

Dude you gonna say that when Magneto was river dancing over people, Sentinel was not a jobber and they somehow made Cyclops likeable? man GTFO with that shit. Seriously though it is fucking amazing how well the x-men cartoon and the Capcom games kept the Marvel characters in the mind of people who don't play comic books. Always thought that DC done goofed by missing the fighting game boat (I should say the Good fighting game boat).
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

"Oh, Pertho. You complete me."
    jimmy1200 wrote: »
    pertho attacked me first, saying i get all my life tips from 106th and park.
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 35,234 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Dude you gonna say that when Magneto was river dancing over people, Sentinel was not a jobber and they somehow made Cyclops likeable? man GTFO with that shit. Seriously though it is fucking amazing how well the x-men cartoon and the Capcom games kept the Marvel characters in the mind of people who don't play comic books. Always thought that DC done goofed by missing the fighting game boat (I should say the Good fighting game boat).
    didnt realize the video game had such an impact. but remember the cartoon was super big at the exact same time sooo its prob a combo of game and cartoon. everyone watched 90's x-men...even my mom was into it.
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
  • goodm0urninggoodm0urning AWKWARD... BITCH Joined: Posts: 14,235
    I don't know if the mainstream movie industry depends more on cocaine or imitation to sustain itself.
  • Rhio2kRhio2k Senior Member Joined: Posts: 11,404 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Watching Superman vs The Elites in an hour...As far as I'm concerned, while live-action is "okay", the only right way to do comic movies with superheroes is animation (and not letting the animators fuck around with designs like that god-awful Wolverine vs Hulk). Otherwise, you're just getting the director's vision, and not the creator's.
    Roger: Well, Anita's pregnant, and-
    Cruella: Well, what can I say? Accidents will happen.
    Roger: We're having puppies, too.
    Cruella: *Gasp* Puppies!? *Leer* My, you have been a busy boy!
  • CHOWZCHOWZ Joined: Posts: 330
    Yeah, they should just forget the stand alone movies and go straight for the team up. They already had it in mind as a CG movie with a completely different cast, which fell apart. They should keep some of the cast (Armie Hammer as batman, but keep Cavill as Supes, get rid of baruchel), keep George Miller, get a better story, and leave the CG idea. It's going to be late in the game, but hopefully thanks to the avengers it will be a better and more polished product than what they were originally going to put out.

When its all said and done both Avengers 2 and Justice League having done their thing. I'm really hoping DC can suprise us and get on the Marvel bandwagon so they can finally make a MARVEL/DC movie.
  • specsspecs Excuse me, princess! Joined: Posts: 6,380 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Man I sure hope this whole film is set to a Linkin Park soundtrack.
    Carlos and Dave Anime Rave is the BEST damn anime review show on the internet! AnimeRave.xyz
    Another thing to keep in mind about this movie is that DC is doing a complete 180 and instead of building up to the JL they're using it to springboard separate movies afterwards like Flash, Wonder Woman, etc... It could work in theory but it seems like you'll have more of a hard time making us give a shit about the character or even know who they are to someone who isn't informed.
  • Alex X TizocAlex X Tizoc I don't always HP subs, but when I do, I say MUUN! Joined: Posts: 217
    Both Marvel and DC play it safe with live action and leave the more 'out there' concepts or unpopular characters for animation.
    The thing is, except for the trinity, the rest of the Justice League couldn't hold up a movie on their own.

A film adaptation of Preacher would be more successful and would kick more ass.
    Ah Preacher. He should be played by Danny Devito.
    Carlos and Dave Anime Rave is the BEST damn anime review show on the internet! AnimeRave.xyz
  • ZephyranthesZephyranthes Mad Mod Poet God Joined: Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Hopefully Jeph Loeb will get a crack on one of the drafts of the Justice League screenplay. That guy's comics suck but he was responsible for Commando and Teen Wolf so I have faith in his movie making abilities.
    This Ain't Kansas. Unabashed and unfiltered comic book commentary and reviews:
    http://madnessvest.blogspot.com/
    Hopefully Jeph Loeb will get a crack on one of the drafts of the Justice League screenplay. That guy's comics suck but he was responsible for Commando and Teen Wolf so I have faith in his movie making abilities.
    If Robin isn't doing handstands on the roof of the Batmobile while in transit, I preemptively declare this movie an abysmal failure.
  • dn3000dn3000 Joined: Posts: 3,269
    Evil superman (superman vs the elite) is a scary motherfucker... lol reminds me of how iredeemable might look like.
  • makmak!!!makmak!!! Going Bananas! Joined: Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

I know it's for TV but for me it was a great show back then. I followed it as a kid. Sucks that it got cancelled.
    It has to start somewhere
    It has to start sometime
    What better place than here
    What better time than now.....
  • Reason4UReason4U Joined: Posts: 4,387
    Jeph Loeb got the Avengers:EMH canceled so I would rather him get cancer than work on the Justice League movie. Fuck that guy.

People love the Flash so he could easily have a successful movie just about him. Just get a handsome guy with charisma to play Flash (Michael Fassbender), get a hot chick to play Killer Frost (Zoe Zaldana?Who cares they'll be blue anyway) to be the villain and you got a block buster.

Captain cold will play a role but in the end its the more unstable Killer Frost who becomes the real big bad in the movie and people especially fangirls will eat it up.
    You ain't SHIT Wesker!!! - Dormmammu
    MK9-Sub Zero, Sonya VF-Goh, Brad Tekken-Lee, Hwo,Paul,Leo
    SFxT-Cody/Poison
    Skullgirls-Peacock,Cerabella,Painwheel TTT2- Lee/Hwo, Paul/Leo, JC/Steve

I know it's for TV but for me it was a great show back then. I followed it as a kid. Sucks that it got cancelled.

The 1989 Batman influence is obvious and probably why I thought it kicked so much ass as a kid. Really I couldn't believe it got cancelled, but when it did, I stopped caring about the Flash and never looked back.

forgot this:
    Someone asked what good DC movies were. The Watchmen! That was a great adaptation. Probably the best direct from the book's story to film. Good changes.

The first two Batman films and the first two Superman films also were good. Even if you're going to be a huge your mother and complain about Batman going out of character (letting random bad guys die), or Luthor being too humorous, then you still have to acknowledge that they made comic movies viable.
    The only reason people don't think of DC movies is because they didn't strike while the iron was hot after X-Men. The funny thing is that X-men is really a mediocre movie, but the X-men were already insanely popular and the movie came out just after they had been marketed to the full extent on every other medium.
  • FreddyL0c0FreddyL0c0 Joined: Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    well if we're gonna add vertigo titles, then yeah dc did good, but i dont count them personally lol
    Spencer Dante Hawkeye aka raw tags are the future
    http://www.youtube.com/user/freddyl0c0 (more soon)
  • Gigas BreakerGigas Breaker 720 + P Joined: Posts: 238
    I would kill for a Wachowski directed Flash movie. Yeah, I know the Matrix sequels sucked. But I dug Speed Racer and I think they would be a good fit.

What would be the Justice League roster for the movie?
    I'm being cautious when it comes to Affleck directing this movie. He's a damn good director but this is one of those movies that has to be grand in scale considering the heroes involved.
  • ValarisValaris keeping watch over SRK Joined: Posts: 13,078 mod
    Oh shit yes. An entire justice league with boston accents.
    I slept with admins so I could get my join date changed. 
    I'm being cautious when it comes to Affleck directing this movie. He's a damn good director but this is one of those movies that has to be grand in scale considering the heroes involved.
    We're living in a time in which the directors of Memento, (500) Days of Summer, and American Beauty are doing fully fledged big-budget adventure movies. While I have misgivings about Affleck as a director (The Town was a heavy-handed mess of cliches), I don't think there's a reason to doubt on principle that a "smaller" director can handle this stuff.
  • SoVi3tSoVi3t Behind The Iron Curtain Joined: Posts: 29,170
    What would be the Justice League roster for the movie?

Superman, Batman, Flash, Green Arrow, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and Martian Manhunter.
    Official 2011 SRK Sexual Deviant Champion Of The Universe And Contest Winner Extraordinaire And Also Official 2012 SRK Sexual Deviant Since Nobody Stepped Forward And 2013 SRK Sexual Deviant Legend Because My Opposition Is Comprised Of Short Pimply GIF Posting Virgins Who Wouldn't Know What To Do With A Woman If She Sat On Their Collective Faces And Wiggled. Still Sexual Deviant Champion Of SRK circa 2015.
    Destroyer Of Azure, Conqueror Of Trolls
    Defiler Of The Pure, Owner Of Souls

SRK 2015 Thirtiest Member and Current Reigning Champion of the SRK Tournament of Thirst.

All victories are hilariously argued against by various little boys who shall remain nameless
    Understand that my victories can only be disputed by successfully beating me for once.

XBox & Steam -> SoVi3t666

Unofficial champion of SRK GD circa oh-fucking-nine
    We're living in a time in which the directors of Memento, (500) Days of Summer, and American Beauty are doing fully fledged big-budget adventure movies. While I have misgivings about Affleck as a director (The Town was a heavy-handed mess of cliches), I don't think there's a reason to doubt on principle that a "smaller" director can handle this stuff.

I'm cautious only because DC has no game plan of how to go about doing Justice League.
    I'm cautious only because DC has no game plan of how to go about doing Justice League.
    Their gameplan: make a Justice League movie. Everybody knows most of the characters.The only one who would need an origin is Martian Manhunter. They could do it like the cartoon did and tie his origin to the origin of the Justice League.
  • Las Vegas PimpLas Vegas Pimp XBL: Da Big Punisher Joined: Posts: 3,568
    Batman + Superman
    Still have that SRK OG mentality.
  • Las Vegas PimpLas Vegas Pimp XBL: Da Big Punisher Joined: Posts: 3,568
    Can't just jump into it, they need to build up their characters. JL formula was there so many years before Avengers when Smallville did it.
    Still have that SRK OG mentality.
    First episode of the Justice League cartoon knocked out all seven introductions in 20 minutes.

Well, Superman and Batman had their own series before, but it's not like nobody's going to know who they are.
    First episode of the Justice League cartoon knocked out all seven introductions in 20 minutes.

Well, Superman and Batman had their own series before, but it's not like nobody's going to know who they are.

Yeah I guess they could use the Justice League show as a template on what to do. Though I would hate for it to have the "Aliens invade the Earth" theme running for it again.
  • PterodactylPterodactyl Highly Erotic Joined: Posts: 7,164

Injustice looks alright, not amazing or revolutionary, but it looks balanced and interesting.

it'll never reach Marvel vs in terms of popularity and hype though.
    spread'em
    *Bump*
    Brett Ratner possibly to direct the Justice League movie....ROFL wow did WB not watch X-men The Last Stand???
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=66439
    *Bump*
    Brett Ratner possibly to direct the Justice League movie....ROFL wow did WB not watch X-men The Last Stand???
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=66439

No surprise. Sadly.
    DO NOT LET RATNER DIRECT THIS, WB
    One fansite reports that, according to another fansite, some unnamed sources are saying that unnamed studio executives are interested in Brett Ratner, despite the fact that--by the report's own admission--Brett Ratner is at the very beginning of his next project, which means that he will be busy for quite some time, in an article with no less than two of its claims voiced as questions at the top of the page.

Rest easy, kiddos. This is a big, stinky handful of nothing.
    One fansite reports that, according to another fansite, some unnamed sources are saying that unnamed studio executives are interested in Brett Ratner, despite the fact that--by the report's own admission--Brett Ratner is at the very beginning of his next project, which means that he will be busy for quite some time, in an article with no less than two of its claims voiced as questions at the top of the page.

Rest easy, kiddos. This is a big, stinky handful of nothing.

goodm0urning is my escape to reality. :tup:
    *Bump*

DC REALLLLY has no clue on what to do with there movie properties...smdh
    http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/09/24/what-would-be-your-reaction-to-frank-millers-justice-league/
    *Bump*

DC REALLLLY has no clue on what to do with there movie properties...smdh
    http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/09/24/what-would-be-your-reaction-to-frank-millers-justice-league/

I would not let Frank Miller anywhere near the movie :rofl:

DC is better off trying something like a modernized New Frontier at this point.

I would even suggest filming something similar to what Peter Jackson has done with the JRR books. Do one huge story over the course of 2-3 films. And put someone in charge who knows what they're doing. I think Jackson and Nolan could do a good JLA movie.
  • locoghoullocoghoul Fuck Chun Joined: Posts: 3,438

I would even suggest filming something similar to what Peter Jackson has done with the JRR books. Do one huge story over the course of 2-3 films.

FUCK NO. The only retards to accept a child's book turning into 3 movies for no reason are LoTR fanboys. I don't see why they can't come up with a decent JLA movie based on an old story arc.
    3DS Friend Code: 3239-3711-4829
    FUCK NO. The only retards to accept a child's book turning into 3 movies for no reason are LoTR fanboys. I don't see why they can't come up with a decent JLA movie based on an old story arc.

Go sit down some where.
  • Dragonfave723Dragonfave723 Kiss the future! Joined: Posts: 3,484
    http://moviehole.net/201258386exclusive-armie-hammer-back-on-wbs-radar-for-batman
    Hearing, from a very good source, today that Armie Hammer, who is now a hot commodity after such flicks as “The Social Network” and “Mirror Mirror”, not to mention his upcoming lead role in “The Lone Ranger”, is ”back on WB’s radar” for the part of Batman. Not for a solo flick, but for the ensemble “Justice League” movie [again].

The studio need a new guy to guard the cave now that Christian Bale has hung up the cowl. And with plans to reintroduce a younger take on the character in the upcoming “Justice League” movie, a draft of which has been completed by Will Beale, the studio has Hammer atop of their list of potentials. It’s really, when you think about it, a no-brainer. Thus, I wasn’t much surprised when informed this morning that he’s in with a good chance to play the part in the superhero tag-team movie.
  • Dragonfave723Dragonfave723 Kiss the future! Joined: Posts: 3,484
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/superman-batman-film-set-comic-589521
    After decades of fighting evil solo, Batman and Superman will finally be teaming up on the big screen, sources confirm to The Hollywood Reporter.

Warner Bros is expected to announce at its Hall H panel that as the follow-up to Man of Steel, it is pairing two of the most recognizable superheroes in the world for a one-two punch that will be directed by Zack Snyder.

Henry Cavill will reprise his role as Superman but it is unclear who will play Batman in the new film. A release date of 2015 has been set, with tentative plan for a Flash movie appearing in 2016 and a Justice League movie in 2017, sources said.

David Goyer, who co-wrote Man of Steel, will write the script. Rumors of the team-up movie have been circulating Comic-Con for a couple of days.

The LA Times (http://herocomplex.latimes.com/movies/comic-con-2013-superman-batman-movie-will-follow-man-of-steel/#/0) first reported the news of the Batman & Superman film.
  • LouiscipherLouiscipher Joined: Posts: 8,177
    Do we really need a Flash movie? A Superman/Batman movie could work but I hope it's not retarded like Joker vs Superman. That shit was so dumb in the Animated movie.
    STOMP!
  • HD-ManHD-Man Big Apple 3 A.M Joined: Posts: 10,472
    A World's Finest movie might not be such a bad idea. If nothing else, it'd make DC a shitload of money

"I wake up and piss excellence"